[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1521077999520.png (196 KB, 311x279)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
No request here, just curious - why do you fulfil requests? Do you get a little satisfaction each time or are you atoning for something or what?
>>
i can never wash away the sin OP, but god damnit i can try
>>
I'm just following the rules. Doing requests so someone can fulfill extracting a comic from flash which I'm still waiting for
>>
It's a sort of meditation... after a long day of working on difficult problems, some simple tasks are relaxing. And I pick up new knowledge and techniques.
>>
oh and dont forget the premium shitposting quality here and no shilling
>>
>>491509
I just really like helping people simply, I'm happy to see them happy.
>>
>>491509
I like helping people when I can.
>>
File: wsr.png (19 KB, 800x500)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>491509
I still do it for the (You)s.
>>
As an aristocrat, it is my obligation to help the peons when I can.
>>
>>491509
If I can not make myself happy then the next best thing to do is make others happy. Another thing is I like to learn about problems and see the solutions just in case if I ever come across it.

>>491532
Helping (You) out.
>>
>>491509
I like to brag with my knowledge regarding certain topics. So if I can combine that with helping someone it's a win-win situation.
>>
>>491509
>Do you get a little satisfaction each time
If they say thanks, yes. Sometimes it seems people assume they get an answer in 5 minutes and they just leave the thread without checking.
>>
>>491509
This site may be a den of degenerate faggots, but I've learned a lot of things in several fields just by being here, even some stuff that's been useful for my work or daily life and that I wouldn't be interested in otherwise.
Being here for more than a decade has been fun too, so for me at least, it's like giving back a bit of what I've received.

I only deliver here and on /r/, though. If you act like a newfag in any other board I'll mock and/or shitpost your threads until they disappear.
>>
I made a poll on this a while ago, but it's on the windows partition of my pc and I don't feel like restarting.
General result was 'got nothing better to do'.
>>
i like it when people help me, so i assume people like it when i help them
>>
>>491509
>one of the best ways of learning is teaching
>>
File: 1440711709016.png (1.31 MB, 802x789)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
I'm servery autistic, and my therapist says fulfilling requests is a good way of learning how to communicate with other people.

Or I do it when I'm bored

... It's one or the other, can't remember which
>>
I want to spread Amaama to Inazuma to peoples’ watch lists but also feel like I might as well help out others when I can
>>
>>491509
I made little drawings before and people really liked them, it made me so happy.
Getting thanks and praise was addicting. And I guess there are worse things to get addicted to.
>>
>>491509
>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
>>
File: x9.png (18 KB, 177x177)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>491509
Fulfilling requests because others did a couple of mine and it's a pleasant board in general.
>>
>>491509

I come here because this is probably the chillest and comfiest board on 4chan. If I see something I can help with, I do. Otherwise I just read other people's requests and see what other people have answered.
>>
>>491663
One of the few boards with little to no shitposting. I love it.
>>
>>491509
So I can feel a little better about myself that I was able to help someone else
>>
i like removing background
>>
Fuck, that's a good question.
>>
>>491509
I do it because it creates and preserves memories
>>
>>491531
helping people when nobody else can. having them come back and thank you, and then thanking them for thanking you and you get to use that Christina Hendricks pic.
>>
>>491509
I just like it here. No where near the types and
Intensity of cancer from the other boards like >>>/b/ or >>>/pol/.

I am also learning alot more - pc troubleshooting, interesting websites, and downloading some really interesting images.
>>
File: doot.gif (20 KB, 80x70)
20 KB
20 KB GIF
i like the idea of feeling needed and having a place to put my photoshop skills to actual use
>>
File: 1494255337396.png (126 KB, 809x294)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
An anon in need is a friend indeed, so I do my best to help when I can. Also it makes me feel less bad about the few times I actually post a request.
>>
If I request something I make sure to fulfill some requests too.
Prisoner's dilemma, if we all help each other we benefit more than if we would be all selfish.
>>
>>491509
if i can, why wouldnt i?
besides, learn my way around gimp doing stuff in here, so its a win-win
also this >>491524 and >>491529
>>
Thanks folks. Your answers were very heplful
>>
>>491509
I want my requests fulfilled so I feel like I should do it for others, plus I feel like its one of the best parts of image board culture, its what separates places like this from reddit or whatever, so I want to contribute where I can
>>491663
this
>>
>>492386
I forgot to add, finding stuff for others makes me better at doing it myself
>>
File: comfy guy inside.png (159 KB, 600x600)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
I am absorbing all of your knowledge and information.
I am absorbing your anime tastes.
I am absorbing which software can be used for niche situations.
I am absorbing what problems a PC can have, and how to solve them.
I am learning what people want, could want, and how to give it to them.

It's just interesting to see what kind of thing could be interesting enough for someone else that it is important enough to ask some strangers about it. I found so many things already that I had never thought about.

Also it feels really good to fulfill a request, it gives me a little feelgood shot. Especially when I get thanks and feel like I actually made someone's day a little better.
>>
Hey /wsr/ers, Is there a general thread somewhere where people post stickers/decal designs?

I looked on /gd/ and /diy/ and didnt see one.
I could have sworn I remember seeing a general a long while back somewhere. I have access to a decal cutter nowadays and would love to see others art
>>
File: popo.png (5 KB, 235x215)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Once an anon here was extremely helpful with a computer problem I had, so I try to return something back to the board, though I am rarely useful
>>
>>491582
maybe she meant helping people.... in real life.....
>>
>>492397
/po/ maybe?
>>
It's a nice slow board that provides a pleasant change of pace from the constant shitflinging you'd find on other boards.
It helps keep some of my skills from going rusty and as cliche as it sounds, being kind to one another is its own reward.
>>
>>491509
it's fun
>>
>>491509
browsing the internet really showed me how a lot of "normal" people have sociopathic tendencies and can't even imagine or understand why someone would help another human being for no reason at all without expecting anything in return. It's weird how they can't understand altruism or being a decent human being in general because they lost faith in humankind a long time ago or something.

there's a ton of good people in this board tho
>>
>>491509
When I'm bored this is the board I open, Idk
I don't think I actually posted more than two requests, I really just come here to see if I can help anyone when I'm bored
>>
>>491509
I had an early 00' song sauced in minutes before, and I had the description and my memory of it all wrong, after the fact I was amazed at anon for saucing it.
Liked that, and stayed figuring why not help other people in the ways I am an expert in, a decade+ of experience can really help.
>>
>>492750
Scratch that. The song was sauced on Quora, I just love helping people in general when it is easy, plus this is such a nice board and other people's interests can be interesting, I learned many new random things on here, maybe because you meet people from boards you don't normally browse.
>>
Do you guys feel bad about requests that you aren't able to complete?
>>
>>492932
Every time desu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKwYuT-LyI
This video haunts me in my sleep.
If anyone can sauce the song, please reply to the guy in the comment section.
>>
>>492932
Like the other dude said, it bothers me all the time. Sometimes I go on searches with no results and then I ask for more information but still sometimes get nothing. It makes me feel like I give them false hope when I ask for more details without delivering.
>>
>>492933
Its a very good song, makes me want to show the dance of my people and bring back 2011 when the biggest thing we had to worry about was the next old spice commercial :^(
>>
>>492454
Implying problems on here aren't real?
For example, computer problems are very relevant to the people who post them.
Or I remember a request to touch up the last photo someone had of their grandparents.

It's not insignificant just because it is not "in real life", and I think the mental reward and the confidence boost you get for making a problem your own and solving it is still there.
>>
>>492932
>>492933
>>492946
The worst part is when I wanted to help, and when I found it or want to ask for more info, the thread is already 404...
I'm glad they usually stay a while.

But for some reason I get random bans for proxy exit node. They usually only last a week or so, but having the answer to requests, wanting to post them, and then having to watch how the thread disappears unanswered because of my ban is the saddest I've ever felt on this site.
>>
>>491567
You should try having NTFS drivers on Linux/Mac
>>
File: 1522954745171.jpg (29 KB, 477x477)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>491510
wew lad i forgive you
>>
File: 1450327936365.gif (523 KB, 500x312)
523 KB
523 KB GIF
>>491510
god help us
>>
File: 1489873685424.jpg (36 KB, 400x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>491532
thanks
>>
File: 1451546201866.png (1.16 MB, 872x5534)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>492000
i wish there was a board for anons like us, a true homeland
>>
>>493014
that poem is very materialistic anon, furthermore full of falsehoods. If its to make us think then i shall praise it, but otherwise it feels incomplete, for the lad sought no answers but to state his own, and sought no questions but to make one which was rhetorical, the lad is a fool and for it to end on his falsehoods leaves the poem incomplete, at least some retort or uncertainty might fullfill a greater purpose, but otherwise it is lackluster and comes off as emo shit.

Also 4chan is our homeland, just don't let it become an idol or you will live a shitty life; ante deum, anon.
>>
>>491509
I've gotten the names of several uber-obscure brainworm songs I wouldn't have been able to find otherwise.
I've probably answered around a 100 music identification/IT-related questions over the last year, not for the (you)s but to maintain "spirit" and utility of the board, as to be able to use it again in a theoretical future situation.
>>
>>491509
Whenever I post a request I just browse what other people are asking for to see if I can do anything. I usually can't.
>>
>>492974
You should post in /ghost/ if you are banned, at least if somebody looks it up in the archive then they'll find the answer.
>>
File: 01.png (108 KB, 1732x831)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>492454
I help people in real life when I'm bored.
>>
>>493118
how does that usually go?
>>
File: 1347487301569.jpg (168 KB, 421x600)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>493129
I'm not easily bored
>>
>>493087
Great idea, I forgot about that possibility. I will do that from now on
>>
File: 1488234438334.gif (61 KB, 300x351)
61 KB
61 KB GIF
>>493087
>/ghost/
What ?
>>
>>493369
I'm not really sure, but I think he means a ghost reply.
>>
>>493369
>>493606
He's probably referring to the 4chan archives, you can post on them & they're called ghost posts.
>>
>>491509
I've asked for help and gotten it here now I'm returning the favor with the knowledge I have.
>>
>>491509
I make request threads here occasionally, so I feel that this is a way to repay those who fulfill my requests. Give a little, take a little.
>>
>>491509
I enjoy helping people learn math and physics.
>>
Do any of you frequent >>>/adv/ too?
>>
>>491509
I'm a neet, so doing requests gives me purpose in life.
>>
>>493880
no. I just went there if anything changed. It didn't.
I mean some of the threads seem to be written by literal niggers.
>my bf deletes chat history/photos
>my bf doesn't want to marry me and adopt my child from a previous relationship
>am I bi?
>am I autistic?
>living a life I dreamed of is boring
>my mom died and cannot watch me play videogames all day anymore
what kind of advice, beside not acting stupid and/or retarded, can you even give these people?
>>
>>493880
Nobody actually takes your advice on /adv/, they just want to blog. At least /wsr/ is earnestly seeking help, and subsequently, will earnestly show gratitude (sometimes, at least)
>>
You guys are pretty chill. I should spend some more time here.
>>
I try to do requests while I wait for mine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.