[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: puddle-guy.jpg (55 KB, 500x350)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
I got a copyright warning from crunchroll from downloading from horriblesubs. I have a bakabt account, but dont really see any reason to risk getting another warning.
What's the best place to stream? Kissanime is balls.
>>
File: 1524257763055.png (54 KB, 325x247)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>a copyright warning from crunchroll
How does this shit even looks like?
Asking out of curiosity, I'm an Europoor
>>
>>520897
It was an email to my IP (who forwarded it to me) telling them someone with my address had illegally downloaded the anime in question, to cut my access if the infringement continued or face litigation blah blah, then after that is a personal appeal from Crunchrolll saying "we're excited you enjoyed our content! Please watch it on crunchyroll. We hope that this copyright warning doesn't turn you away from crunchyroll and supporting the original creators of the anime etc etc etc"
Crunchyrolls part of the email was actually pretty nice.
>>
>>520909
>IP
ISP
>>
Fuck streaming, get them from irc. CR has no way of knowing who downloads what there.

https://nibl.co.uk/bots.php
>>
twist.moe
>>
>>520917
This
learn how to XDCC
>>
>>520894
Are you for real? That shit exist? How in the fuck does that even works?
>>
>>520954
They just download a torrent file and write down the IPs of the current peers?
>>
>>520954
So, you didn't know that anyone can see your IP while you torrent?
Depending on where you live and your ISP, your IP could be unique to your computer only.
If you live in a third world country though, you probably share the IP with a dozen other people.
>>
>>520917
>>520934
I might look into this eventually.
>>520925
thx,m8.
>>
>>520894
Just stop torrenting. Use other methods of download. XDCC seems pretty safe, and there are also online storage services like MEGA or mediafire and a dozen others. jdownloader is pretty handy for that
I believe you can also download from some streaming websites with it.
>>
If you are in the "right" country, that notification may not actually mean anything. Every single notification I've received in the past was pure bullshit and had no legal value whatsoever.
>>
>>520894
>I got a copyright warning from crunchroll from downloading from horriblesubs.

Net Neutrality Repeal.
There you have it, lazy fucks.
>>
Kissanime ramped up their captcha the moment net neutrality was repealed.

It won't end here in the Western World.
>>
>>520967
If he was in the 'right' country he wouldn't have gotten a notification from Crunchyroll
>>
>>520981
That has nothing to do with Net Neutrality.
>>
>>520993
Is that so? Corporate timing is Waay too convenient.

That same shit happened everywhere at the very moment Net Neutrality was repealed.
Come on. Prove me wrong. You can't.

The problem with this shit is that it will spread.
>>
File: thinking hard.jpg (21 KB, 393x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>520983
>Kissanime ramped up their captcha the moment net neutrality was repealed.
So shitty quality and captchas? Why would anyone put up with that when it takes 10 minutes to download an entire season off xdcc?
>>
I stopped torrenting long ago over malware concerns, but this is something I hadn't ever considered. Ironic that you can get in trouble for consuming their Zionist propagandized shit. I suppose the message isn't as important as the money needed for their underground pizza parties.
>>
>>520999
Your containment board called, Cletus
>>>/pol/
>>
>>520894
gooood daaaamn son you amerimutts really are cucked. so much for that "muh freedom, the eagle, fuck yeah" shit haha
>>
Seedboxes are also an option to look into.
>>
>>520995
Intellectual property holders targeting people for torrenting is nothing new; it comes and goes in waves. Some of us are old enough to remember when FacialAbuse made more money suing people for torrenting their shit than they made from selling it.
>>
>>521001
idk how anyone can defend an industry that clearly needs to be put down
>>
>>521005
You know where that deal ends: to services out of your jurisdiction.

Absolutely Fucking Stupid move considering the whole internet, people will find their way during following few months, literally. Also you can't have any real control over it after it's established. Plus, they will make money and you are left to just licking your fingers.

Can't you damn shill see it? Come on. USA represents less than 5% of World population. You are being
>Either stupid as fuck thanks to believing your *Media*
>Or fully submitting to Corporate Communism
>>
>>521005
Still pretty cool of them not to sue the OP's ass right away
>>
>>521014
I'm not defending any industry, I'm telling you to go back to your containment board so you can revel in your delusions with your intelectual equals.
>>
File: cute cat.jpg (11 KB, 184x184)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>521015
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>521021
Need a safe space that badly huh? If it's all just a big fantasy, then why aren't you in their defense?
>>
>>521027
In denial, aren't you.

Let's wait for a year, shall we? This conversation is stored at Nyafuu and then we will revise it. Is that ok?
>>
>>521028
It's a request board, nobody cares about your resentment for (((them))) here.
>>
>>520909
It isn't even possible to email an IP.
The fuck are you talking about?
Do you know what IP stands for?
I am european too.
>>
>>521030
Woah, you're so better than me. I admit defeat.
And it's stored.
You sure showed me
>>
>>521033
he obviously meant ISP, stop being retarded
>>
>>521033
He corrected it to ISP you dingdong >>520910
>>
>>521031
speak for yourself, and I don't care either way.. let them read, it's good for you
>>
>>521041
Didn't you read his post? This is a request board. "good for you" fucking lol. Who are you to decide what's good when you can't even tell what belongs on what board?
>>
>>520993
Yes. It has to do, your provider tells the copyright owner you are downloading.

As a side note:
Next time don't vote for the worst president for candidacy idiots.
How can Americans be so fucking dumb, fat and stupid?
The problem with this it is going to spread to rest of the world.
Fuck. You. A m e r i m u t t s.
>>
>>520894
Wait wait wait. Are you saying CR had copyright trolls in the BakaBT swarm? If BBT is compromised, it's not much of a stretch to assume AB is in their sights, too.
>>
>>521036
Yeah I did.
You won't have it until you have to have it.

>ever since '01, The Modern Day Americans have had two kinds of truths fed to them
>truth they want to belive
>and a truth they Have To believe

Less than 5% of the World population. Carefully there.
>>
>>521045
No, he didn't imply any such thing.
>>
>>521047
I'm not an American though
I just don't like your attitude
>>
>>521004
>paying to torrent
Are you serious?
>>
>>521053
Why did he mention BakaBT?
>>
>>521055
You are an American.
>>
>>521045
Bakabt had open registration back when Crunchyroll was still a fansub group. It's hardly surprising they'd have some legacy accounts to use.
>>
>>521061
according to who? Rammstein?
>>
>>521043
I think you missed the part where I don't care. I'm bumping his thread, no rules against discussion.
>>
>>521062
Cr was never a fansubber, they only hosted other fansubs before stabbing their userbase in the back.
>>
File: America is the world.png (215 KB, 1366x768)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>521065
Everyone is American.
>>
http://horriblesubs.info/irc-guide/
>>
This seems like bullshit. I've been torrenting anime (horriblesubs included) for years and years and never heard a peep from my ISP (Comcast).

What is your ISP, OP? What country are you in? You've been asked multiple times and not responded so I calling BS.
>>
>>521114
Jesus christ, you guys are so fucking weird about this. I'm in WA state and my isp is wave. Why would I lie about this? lol
>>
>>521139
>oy vey goys, why will (((I))) ever lie about this.
>>
>>521139
>so fucking weird
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

- torrenting things is safe
- I torrent things, but I'm safe because torrenting things is safe
- OP is saying torrenting things made him unsafe
- therefore torrenting things is not safe and I am not safe
- *DISSONANCE*

- Mitigation strategy: call OP a liar
>>
>>521151
Lurk moar or fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>521139
>Wave
Bingo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.