[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Tiamat_384.jpg (13 KB, 225x225)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Occult Bands & Music Edition.
https://youtu.be/r5e2e4X5Y18

>Previous manifestation
The bump limit has been reached: >>19710668
>Library link
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>/sum/ pastebin
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW
>>
>>19726159
Jesus, where the mages at? Waiting for full moon, I guess...
>>
help, where to start?
>>
>>19726549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8okMrwFFWAo
the cover art for this is from a pinball game
>>
>>19723361
>http://www.cornelius93.com/Grady-CosmicTrigger.html
>"There's war in Heaven. The Higher Intelligences, whoever they are, aren't all playing on the same team. Some of them are trying to encourage our evolution to higher levels, and some of them want to keep us stuck just where we are."
>According to Grady, some occult lodges are working with those nonhuman intelligences who want to accelerate human evolution, but some of the others are working with the intelligences who wish to keep us near an animal level of awareness.

Wait what? I thought Alex Jones was a freak but... what?
https://youtu.be/sUIcCyPOA30
>>
>>19726602
Start with the greeks, and then end with the Bible
>>
File: richard corben.jpg (398 KB, 700x998)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>19726769
"it doesn't matter if you believe it, this is what these illuminati types believe."
>>
Anyone interested in traditional witchcraft, particularly of the British variety?
>>
>>19726842
To the library young witch.
>>
File: earth from saturn.jpg (64 KB, 1080x791)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
you can all find me looking at Cassini photos and crying all day today. this is the earth from Saturn
>>
>>19726848
don't dox me, bro
>>
Any recommended texts about Shiva besides the obvious?
>>
File: 6027989.gif (45 KB, 365x248)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
>>19726847
>>
>>19726842
I was but somehow through a winding path this led me to Shaivism. In the near future I'll start collecting folk magic again, though, and investigating the travel of the spirit realms.
>>
>>19726848
Damn that's beautiful.
Something about the symbolism there adds to the raw natural beauty.

Thanks for sharing that where is it from?
>>
>>19726859
> somehow through a winding path this led me to Shaivism

I think you mean

>I came on /omg/ and they can't shut the fuck up about shaivism so I thought Id look into it

Shaivism is just a bunch of bull.
>>
>>19726159
How do I curse someone into turning into an animal mentally for recreational purposes. Is there some mental magic I can use or do I need one of those special CIA potions?
>>
What do you guys think of lsd/dmt for a mind that seeks truth,because I feel as though they say the light shouldn't be feared?
>>
>>19726848
Space is fake, you nerds.
>>
>>19726870
>How do I curse someone into turning into an animal mentally for recreational purposes.
A fifth of their favorite liquor and then a long talk about politics usually does it nicely.
>>
>>19726878
What if it’s a woman?
>>
>>19726854
Speaking of Siva (Penguin Classics)
i have this in hard copy
very devotional.
om namah shivaya
i like rudi too
that whole muktananda linage petered out but it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>19726871
Do research on entheogens before trying anything yourself.
I haven't done anything - plan on growing some shrooms once I've spiritually prepared myself - but you need to be absolutely sure you have nothing effecting you negatively or else you're going to have a bad time.
I also wouldn't trust synthetics because they can give you acid flashbacks years down the line.
>>
>>19726890
Are you under the impression women are not effected by alcohol?
>>
>>19726913
>but you need to be absolutely sure you have nothing effecting you negatively or else you're going to have a bad time.

Yes because the only reason anyone ever uses entheogens is because nothing is wrong in their life and they don't require guidance? It's better to say that you will bring all your shit into the experience with you, and it could be unpleasant but that's often at least partially the point.

If you're only experiencing it for the hallucinogenic high of seeing sounds and 'having a good trip', you're a tweaker, not a seeker.
>>
>>19726913
i kind of agree with you about synthetics but
>flashbacks
never had one, don't know anyone who's had one. but i'm only 55 so here's hoping
>>
>>19726937
Whatever, dude, I'm trying to warn you. It could be very, very unpleasant and could give you nothing in return.
The least you could do is train a bit spiritually, mediation perhaps, to be in the proper mental state. Don't just jump into drugs thinking it will solve all your problems instantly.
>>
>>19726769
That was a pleasant read.
>>
>>19726944
not the same anon you were talking to, I don't need any warnings about entheogens, Im offering contrasting life experience.

Also I think youll take note that I encouraged him to be a "seeker" and not a "tweaker" and that the experience was not about the high, immediately after warning him that it might be unpleasant if anon is dealing with unpleasant issues.

We've all heard the horror stories, including the anon who asked the question.
>>
>>19726940
>55
with all due respect (Im not far behind you), another reason you specifically might want to be careful with synthetics is the frequency with which LSD is cut with amphetamine. You may want to get a physical and check on your heart meat.
>>
>>19726866
I actually didn't learn about it through /omg/. I went from Hedge crossing to Orphism to comparative discussions of the Orphic understanding of Dionysus and Shiva, to reading devotional poetry about Shiva, to reading about Saiva Siddhanta.
>>
>>19727056
It was just a joke anon, Shaivism is very popular around here right now.
>>
>>19727058
Huh. Interesting. I wonder why.
>>
>>19727072
it moves in currents, I don't want to be trite and call it "flavor of the month" but when others are studying it at the same time, it becomes the topic of discussion, everyone looks into it at the same time, and it gets interesting.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>19727048
>the frequency with which LSD is cut with amphetamine
Is this a fucking DARE class or do you just not understand dopamine agonism?
>>
>>19727091
A REAL problem these days with LSD is it's substitution with the bitter NBOMe with it's incredibly narrow therapeutic index; though it's a phenethylamine, few variants can be considered a true amphetamine analogue in structure or action.
>>
>>19726159
How do I asshole project?
>>
>>19726848
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.”
>>
>>19727091
>DARE class
well anon and I are both old so...

After researching that, I apparently I just don't understand dopamine agonism.

I was always under the impression that this was partially the cause of certain "speedier" LSD but then I was given this information by an addled drug dealer who was probably giving me something else. Good to know, thank you anon, disregard.

I still think a 55 year old anon might want a health exam before experiencing hallucinogenics.
>>
>>19727168
and all that viewed through the blueish haze of a planet named after the god of renewals, death, cycles and time.
>>
>>19726870
my fav theory is that when Nietzsche hugged that horse in Turin, he switched minds with the animal and that's why he lost his shit at that moment

>>19727211
>>19727168
just Saturn things-
“And it came to me that these trees had been hardly smaller when I was yet unborn, and had stood as they stood now when I was a child playing among the cypresses and peaceful tombs of our necropolis, and that they would stand yet, drinking in the light of the dying sun, even as now, when I had been dead as long as those who rested there. I saw how little it weighed on the scale of things whether I lived or died, though my life was precious to me. And of those two thoughts I forged a mood by which I stood ready to grasp each smallest chance to live, yet in which I cared not too much whether I saved myself or not. By that mood, as I think, I did live; it has been so good a friend to me that I have endeavored to wear it ever since, succeeding not always, but often.”
>>
anyone know some good meditations for willpower?
>>
File: cd4.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>19726818

Greeks wrote the bible tho

Eventually you want to move past the Greeks into [current year]

>>19726602

Start with the Upanishads, then the Vedas, then Crowley, then Esoteric Covfefeism idk be a slut do what yoy want you fucking momo
>>
>>19727283
gosh thats pretty
>>
File: 110.png (322 KB, 3330x5370)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>19727168
>Eddie
1/7
>>
File: 111.png (377 KB, 3322x5370)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>19727332
2/7
>>
File: 112.png (355 KB, 3330x5370)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>19727336
3/7
>>
Warburg digitized a portion of the library:

https://wdl.warburg.sas.ac.uk/

Of fucking course the Yorke materials didn't get scanned in.
>>
File: 113.png (357 KB, 3330x5370)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>19727342
4/7
>>
File: 114.png (368 KB, 3330x5370)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>19727350
5/7
>>
File: 115.png (360 KB, 3322x5370)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>19727353
6/7
>>
>>19727168
>on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3lpvDgg4E
>>
File: 116.png (365 KB, 3330x5362)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>19727355
7/7
>>
Would using a sigil that someone else made still benefit me if I write it myself?
>>
>>19727319
>Vedas and Upanishads before crowely
wut. Read Crowley as your basic bitch introduction and only then stem out to whatever calls you.
>>
>>19727367
what do you think?
>>
>>19727431
Guess I will find out
>>
Do you guys have any book from Frater U∴D∴ / V∴D∴ in the library? I want to check the Magical Shield book that was mentioned in a previous /omg/
>>
>>19727511
That was not a rhetorical question.
>>
File: henge.png (51 KB, 740x246)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>19726872
>This is what flat earthers actually believe.
>>
>>19727623
Okay so if I know what the sigil is meant to do and use it even though I'm not the first one to create it. I think it may benefit me but I can also see it just benefitting the one that said I can use it.
>>
>>19727786
then you are correct.
>>
is dion mystical qabala a good first read into the kaballah?
>>
>>19727905
Yeah it's great and really easy to read. Nice introduction. From there you can branch on your own.
>>
Does anyone here has this ebook?
https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Caroline_Watt_Parapsychology?id=xEErDwAAQBAJ
>>
Black magic has been practiced against me? What steps should I take to counter it?
>>
>>19728249
>What steps should I take to counter it?
It depends, what type of attack are we talking about?
>>
>>19727914
thanks, started psychic self defense and its been fun
>>
>>19728323
are you positive of that fact?
>>
is there any point in reading goethes faust? even if just as good entertainment
>>
>>19728541
>are you positive of that fact?
What fact? I asked for details.
>>
>>19728592

As literature, definitely.
>>
>>19728617
So what compels an individual such as yourself to frequent an occult thread on 4chan?
>>
>>19728249
As anon said, depends on attacked how. If it's some teenage wiccan bullshit, then likely disregarding it will do you the most good. Not only it likely won't have enough spiritual authority behind it to actually work, the girl will fuck herself up since in the context of her tradition, she's doing a Bad Thing.

If it's something bigger than this, the standard is to use symbols and rituals that are commonly believed in to hold power - sprinkling salt, using holy water or even getting a priest of chosen religion you think there's something to to exorcize your and your place in the name of chosen deity.
If you don't want to go for that, LBRP is considered in western hermeticism as a generic, basic go-to for every occult-stemming "something-not-right". Practice regularly.

>>19728596
I suspect that the anon just linked wrong post, and wanted to ask the other anon whether they're sure they're under an attack. A valid thing to check, too, since almost all of such cases turn out to be someone paranoid.
>>
>>19728673
I've taken to laying salt lines and I pray regularly. I put Utah salt flat salt on a squirt bottle with water, pray on it and squirt all my widow seals and the threshold of all the entryways while praying, is there anything else I could do?
>>
>>19728673
>A valid thing to check, too, since almost all of such cases turn out to be someone paranoid.
An attack on oneself, is an attack worthy of investigation and diagnosis.
>>
>>19728596
oh sorry mislinked, I meant it for the anon you were replying to. As in: "do you have a solid reason to actually believe this"

>>19728673
>since almost all of such cases turn out to be someone paranoid.
This.

>>19728721
You could answer the other questions posed to you.

>>19728727
>worthy of investigation
that's what we're doing, but as anyone who's been doing this longer than a few months can probably tell you, hexes and curses, especially in modern first world countries are actually rarer than most think.
>>
OK I got a question about something that always bothered me with demons.

So if a demon is tormenting you or possess you can you use dark magic to get rid of them? Or can you summon a demon to protect you from other ones via a ritual?

Seems strange that most places only say you need an exercisiom or a white witch to banish evil sprits etc. Why can’t dark practioners do it too?
>>
Life is boring and uninteresting. I want to experience some mind altering stuff that isn't heroin or LSD.

Will magick do that for me? Or is it all just lame WHAT IS THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING Westernized?
>>
>>19728843
Why are you so stupid?
Why is everyone in this thread so fucking stupid?
What the hell is DARK MAGIC? Why the fuck would a demon care about it? Who the fuck says only a white witch (what the FUCK is a white witch) or an exorcism gets rid of it? Who the fuck is being TORMENTED or POSSESSED by a demon? Fucking NO one.

Why the fuck are you so fucking stupid?!?!

I know I picked on your post but there are always like 100 other retarded ass posts that sound like some dork watched some late night movie and decided he knew everything about the occult.

God I fucking hate these threads.
>>
>>19728721
>salt
Fear and avoidance are a pleasing sight to those that seek to harm you. They may have all the time in the world, while you have little.

Who wants to spend 50 years looking over their shoulder while policing their own thoughts?

Attrition can be a very effective tactic when employed by a certain type of adversary.
>>
>>19728833
>hexes and curses, especially in modern first world countries are actually rarer than most think.
10 years ago, I would have agreed with you.
>>
>>19728879

What is the name of this thread? Last time I looked it didn’t say secret arsehole club general.

Just because your super elite ancient knowledge cult is far more advanced and above everyone else doesnt make you better than everyone.

Get off your high horse or just fuck off.

Oh and FYI I was using generalising terms so as not to target one specific set of beliefs or practices so I can get an answer from a wider range of people, you fucking donkey.
>>
>>19728963
Alright, I'm going to try and translate what you said into something that makes sense.

You seem to be under the impression that 'demons' can possess and torment people. Lets just say this is true.
It usually doesn't matter what power sends them packing, DARK or not.
Generally, if you want to get rid of something, it's opposite works pretty well. Oil and water don't mix, you pour enough milk into coffee and it becomes white, you pour enough coffee into milk and it becomes black.
So it's more or less the power of the idea that CLEAN > UNCLEAN or in your case, which I think you are speaking about new Christian 'demons' which are inherently "evil", so using something that is against that typically works.

But depending on your knowledge, multiple other things will work as well.

For instance, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is heavily based in Christian/Biblical "CLEANLINESS" and is used as a catch all "clearing".
It's not the Vatican's exorcism rite, and depending on what you want to learn, I'd focus on the area you are most interested in.
>>
>>19728963
This thread is about the library linked at the OP, where there are severak books explaning that magic doesn't work like that.

Demonic possession is not very common, but it happens. The person afflicted by this should look for medical advice first.

For the real cases this, >>19728843, will not work. Explaining in just a few words, evil attracts evil, external banishments won't work if the person doesn't change.
>>
>>19727819
Thanks
>>
>>19728879
>God I fucking hate these threads.
Then why are you wasting your time posting in this thread?

>>19728963
>super elite ancient knowledge
Is something that is rarely encountered in these threads.

IMO, people ITT tend to value ideas for their approachability and aesthetic appeal above all else.
>>
>>19729035
Let's say it this way, the other sigil leaves something like a mark in the sand where a pellet can roll.

By using the same method you are actually reinforcing the trail.
>>
>>19729054
There are several books in the library that were next to impossible to find before they were included there. This, of course, removed their "super ancient elite knowledge" club quality.
>>
>>19728659

Nothing compels me. It suits my interests.
>>
>>19729007

Most religions tell of people being possessed etc. By demons or dark sprits. If you wanted specifics then you could look at the Christian ver.

I understand that but let’s say you are a satanist and you summon a demon and it attaches to you. They ain’t exactly going to go to a priest for help so what would they do?

I suppose it’s different for each practice or faith but usually the good and bad sides don’t mix.
>>
>>19729029

My mistake I thought it was more just an open discussion on occult things and to get question answered.
>>
>>19728843
The "counter 'evil' spirits with 'good' spirits" meme is more of a modern invention.
In ancient Sumer for example, what you're talking about was practiced, sort of.
Ancient cultures didn't seem to have pantheons with as rigidly defined alignments as is common today.
>>
>>19729067
I was referring to the clientele, rather than the inventory.

>>19729081
Very well then, allow me to rephrase.

What compels an individual such as yourself to take interest in an occult thread on 4chan?
>>
>>19728721
Alright anon, I'll give you my go to method of dealing with spooky shit. It's worked for me, but ymmv, you know how fickle occult stuff can be.

Get a cast iron cauldron or something similar that can hold something hot and not melt or set your house on fire.
Fill it with hot coals, if you live in a city go to a smoke / hookah shop and get coals you can get going on a stovetop.
Get white sage. juniper, rosemary and ceder and burn that until your place looks like Snoop Daggs dressing room.
Take a powered blend of cinnamon, frankincense, myrrh and sandlewood (you're supposed to use white but I've only ever found red and it works fine). If you can find Esfand seeds throw them in too.
Burn that shit too. Let the smoke linger for a good hour or so. Be sure to turn off your smoke alarms and cover your electronics before you do all this.
While it's burning take your religious object of choice, cross, athame, feather, whatever you got, and do the related waving it around to banish whatever you need banished.

If all goes well you should be at boneless levels of not spooky. All together this is like 100$ worth of supplies, with most of that being on the cauldron.
>>
>>19729083
You assume black magicians are allergic to white magick but this is not at all the case.
>>
>>19729162
>In ancient Sumer for example, what you're talking about was practiced, sort of.
This was not something done by any branch of the clergy in Sumer or even early Babylon. He who works with utukku is to be treated as utukku.
>>
>>19728833
>You could answer the other questions posed to you.
I'd rather not say exactly. But there have been several types and I'm expecting more, so any advice would be helpful.
>>19728904
They thought they were wearing me down, but have only strengthened my faith and will. I have the blessing of our Father, the Highest, and his son Jesus Christ, so I know they can't brake me.

I don't police my thoughts, I police theirs.

>>19729178
Will keep in mind but I'm allergic to sage.
>>
>>19729166

Nothing compels me.
>>
>>19729285
>I have the blessing
Then you should have everything you need, yes?

So why are you hear talking about salt, sage and asking "wizards" for spiritual advice?
>>
File: Coolstory Bro Wr.jpg (170 KB, 496x600)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>19729321
>>
File: 1304619055236.jpg (577 KB, 1796x1301)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
I got a question for (you), /omg/
You know when you get a thin connection with some random person? Like, when you get on a bus and you feel like you know someone that you just saw for the first time, and something clicks, it's like you remember that face.
How do you explain it?
Selective memory? Autism? Friends from other reincarnations? Something related to energy?
>>
>>19729590
No

But I do get random connections with thin people
>>
>>19729590
Honestly, I like yo think of it as two pieces of the same soul meeting. Who knows there could be many pieces to the same soul/being.
>>
>>19729056
Okay so what I get from it is that I am strengthening them from using their method and I am still not sure if I get any sort of benefits (I'm assuming not). Sorry if I'm being an idiot about this.
>>
File: Bible_Black.png (203 KB, 640x480)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
Is there anything to fuck women out of bible black style?
>>
>>19730595
Your imagination.
>>
Anyone awake?
>>
>>19729029
>Demonic possession is not very common, but it happens.

Possession is far more common than you know, especially around advanced practitioners.
>>
File: 1498897467874.jpg (80 KB, 781x657)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>19729029
>evil
>>
>>19731853
>Possession is far more common than you know,

Especially if you are EA Koetting and his friends, whom get posessed deliberately.
>>
>>19731883

Not necessarily, no
>>
File: i-really-dont-care.jpg (111 KB, 670x757)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
What does /omg/ think of Genesis P-Orridge?

She's a tranny musician and chaos magickian. I think she's pretty cool. I used to listen to Throbbing Gristle a lot in high school.
>>
>>19732163
I personally like them, if for nothing besides getting many people looking at things from a larger perspective. Also just on a side note:
>She's a tranny
This is a common misperception, Genesis considers themselves to be a 'pandrogyne', and does not and has never identified as or with "transgenderism" and would most likely consider transgenderism as a symptom of a sick society. They use plural pronouns"we, us, them" etc. Partially because of their identification of panrdogyne and partially out of respect for their wife who has passed.

Genesis, Psychic TV, and TOPY were really ahead of the whole internet curve, believing that belief and magic had an inherent desire and right to be known, and that distributed magical will could change the world, something that a lot of people are just now catching up to, and they were talking about it in the 70's.

Like them or not, Gen and Jaye were a pretty fundamental media presence that got a lot of this whole "chaos magic" thing started.
>>
>>19729285
>I'd rather not say exactly.
Then we would rather not answer exactly.

>I have the blessing of our Father, the Highest, and his son Jesus Christ
Then you appear to know everything you need to, go consult your faith some more.
>>
>>19732181
>Genesis...would most likely consider transgenderism as a symptom of a sick society.

Just because you feel that way doesn't mean p-orridge agrees with you.

>They use plural pronouns "we, us, them" etc. Partially because of their identification of panrdogyne and partially out of respect for their wife who has passed.

P-orridge's pronoun changes every time i see a new intv with h/er but most recently s/he uses s/he + h/er
>>
>>19732181
>This is a common misperception, Genesis considers themselves to be a 'pandrogyne'', and does not and has never identified as or with "transgenderism"

Technically "transgenderism" just means identifying with a gender other than the gender designated at birth. Nonbinary gender identities are part of the T umbrella.
>>
>>19732209
>Just because you feel that way doesn't mean p-orridge agrees with you.
Way to assume! I actually do not agree and am going off the fact that Genesis, in the past, has stated that they believe the entire construct of Gender is more or less a social sickness that should be circumvented. I imagine they feel little different about trans people.

>s/he + h/er
from a recent interview (2017):
As the founder of pandrogyny, P-Orridge seeks the collapse of all senses of identity into one self, one total humanity. (Accordingly, P-Orridge speaks with the pronoun “we,” not in the royal sense, but in the sense of unity with his/her departed partner in pandrogyny, Lady Jaye. P-Orridge also prefers the pronouns s/he and h/er to further demonstrate that bond.)

>>19732219
Im well aware of what the definition is, Genesis does not fit it. I suppose "non-binary" works, but it's more like "non" full stop. They are opposed to the concept of gender at all, and has stated, even very recently, that the goal of pandrogyny is the disolvement of *any* gender identity.

"To be honest, we are not 100% sure. But pandrogyny is a wide-ranging and contemporary concept. It’s outside the gender gap. Our view is that society’s real issue is with evolution. Historical (we prefer to say ahistorical) progressions in the human species have lead us to this moment where we either mutate or disintegrate. Our war has always been with binary systems. What do you think the intersectional self is?"
>>
>>19732163
Fuck Genny.

Xir ripped of my buddies.
>>
>>19732262
Well out with the story already then.
>>
>>19732242
>from a recent interview (2017):
>As the founder of pandrogyny, P-Orridge seeks the collapse of all senses of identity into one self, one total humanity.
I just found that same interview and throughout it the author uses s/her to refer to P-orridge, so what I'm getting here is that s/he uses "we" instead of "I" and s/he h/er when an external party is referring to....them.

A lot of people who put themselves in the "queer/trans" category are on team end-to-gender just like P-orridge, so I shoulda just disagreed with what you were saying about h/er opinion rather than assuming your own opinions on the subject, muh bad
>>
>>19732209
Also hey I've been sitting in our usual spot for a couple days and it's still pretty quiet after I posted the next few major dates.

Don't worry if y'all got fuckbusy too.
>>
>>19732268
Genny thinks they own the name "ToPY" and has proclaimed it dead despite still trolling for literature submissions in the current. They actively "go after" people trying to carry it on as ToPI or ToPE.
>>
>>19732273
Oh yeah? I sent you like a short dissertation on your chart and heard nothing from you. I saw your long note but I have nothing of substance to say about dboe so I didn't respond. More of an ebony person so far
>>
>>19732242
Hot take:
Genny's fucking craycray.
No not like "all trannies are insane" but Genny's identity problems surpass anthrosocial genderqueer shit, surpass even extreme "gender dysphoria" and are in the realm of full blown "few incantations short of a ritual" if you catch my drift here.

Genny's not into tinkering with their sexual expression, they're fucking in the deep end of "Single White Female" shit.
>>
>>19732306
I'm kind of with you but they've built like a whole artistic structure around that and seems to be pretty successfully "riding the wave" of madness if you know what I mean. not that I've met h/er
>>
>>19732289
Yup I'm still reading up.

I mean I got nuffins w/r/t the analysis. It's a chart. The uranic stasis thing was at least insightful about the last week or so.

IJS the circus is circusing.
>>
>>19732314
I just never met a leo who didn't like to hear about himself that's all. Confused me
>>
>>19732321
Nah it was a solid read and I think I need to tinker more with the Behenian shit but I've had a run of class deadlines and needed to get some of the last paperwork together for getting out of this garbagefire region.
>>
I once asked Grimes on Twitter if Art Angels was a hypersigil, but she didn't respond. I know she's into chaos magic and likes comic books (and as such probably knows all about Grant Morrison's work).

I don't listen to a lot of occult music, so that's all I got.
>>
>>19732272
nono its cool, I probably came off shitty, my B.
And yes, they use the plural terms, but youre correct h/e s/he w/e gives those pronouns for like, press use.

>>19732284
Really? I had heard that Gen basically abandoned it and didn't give a shit anymore, that's interesting, but nobody ever accused Gen of being an agreeable person either, I believe it.

>>19732306
>Genny's fucking craycray.
Totally.
> they're fucking in the deep end of "Single White Female" shit.
you might be right but I agree with
>>19732312
>>
Of course she wouldn't respond. If she's legitimately a practitioner and that came out, she might lose some of her mass-appeal momentum.

To me, she seems like a girl that had a few moving experiences and is now on a mission because of it. It seems like she's rtying to change the world for the better, but as is the case with all music, her message doesn't necessarily resonate the same in all of her audience.

If she wants to maintain her wide reaching appeal in order to continue toward her goal(whatever that is), revealing her beliefs might prove counterproductive in that a large portion of her audience might drop her over conflicting beliefs alone.

IF THAT IS THE CASE then she's playing it very smart, all things considered.
>>
>>19732411
meant for
>>19732367
>>
>>19732306
>No not like "all trannies are insane"
Aren't we, though? :P
>>
File: IMG_20170606_201633.jpg (22 KB, 363x395)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>
>>19732411
Could also be that she's tired of people asking her about magic stuff she doesn't believe in.

manson is often called a satanist, but from what I gather he doesn't subscribe to any theistic belief. maybe something similar is going with people drawing the parallel between their style/symbolism and their own beliefs about people.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (35 KB, 480x360)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>19732435
>manson is often called a satanist, but from what I gather he doesn't subscribe to any theistic belief
Brian Warner went to LaVey. He's a card carrying member. LaVey's outfit is nontheistic.
>>
>>19732345
>solid read
boy that was not a read, I gave up when you didn't say anything but I have several more thoughts on it if you find yourself with the time this week. I already learned something pertinent to my greater astro practice by interpreting your chart, and something from Fix's as well, so I'm inclined to keep going.
>>
>>19732444
>trips of truth
That he's actually a satanist is news to me. Thanks for the info, m8!

And also, thanks for all you do for the community. One stranger to another, you've been /x/'s mvp for a good while now.
>>
>>19732460
what is this secret little wizards club of charts and figures? I want in. Do I need to do a secret hand gesture or tie an apron around my face or some other initiatory thing?
>>
>>19732468
He's also an occultist, apparently.

>Then I threw up. Then I threw up again. And again. But as I knelt doubled over above the toilet, I realized that I had learned something from the previous night: that I could use black magic to turn the lowly lot life had given me around—to attain a position of power that other people would envy and accomplish things that other people couldn’t. I also learned that I didn’t like smoking pot—or the taste of bongwater.
That's from his autobiography, following a night of doing drugs, listening to Ozzy Osbourne, and screwing around with the Necronomicon.
>>
>>19732561
>I also learned that I didn’t like smoking pot—or the taste of bongwater.

Haha what a noob
>>
File: dark side of saturn.jpg (234 KB, 1041x879)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
this was so worth my tax money
>>
Is there any book about enhacing senses?

Like Aurobindo's take on the Supermind descending on the physical body and modifying normal senses and body processes. Or siddhis. Something like that. Just not vision, I'm not interested in remote viewing and such right now.

Bonus points for tact/haptic sense.
>>
>>19732753
first time for everything right?
>>
>>19728617
https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/files/Faust.pdf

would you recommend this translation?
>>
File: 1507491357539.gif (302 KB, 500x500)
302 KB
302 KB GIF
Anyone here worked with the Caput Algol star and the spirit associated with it?
>>
>>19731853
I meant not as common as Dion Fortune states.
>>19731853
A poor word choice, similar thought patterns tend to attract the same thing.
>>
>>19732262

Plus, he got in a row with Joel and kinda shit himself.

>>19732839

Why not?

>>19732984

I don't recall what Fortune suggested, but possession is quite common when you work with spirits. How else might they accomplish anything?
>>
>>19733430
She was talking about non-workers.
>>
>>19733445

Whether the possessed work with spirits isn't the point. Such people are easily possessed and unlikely to notice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AU1u9_03vg
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_3b9f.jpg (66 KB, 500x500)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
https://theomagica.com/blog/the-deluxe-edition-cyprian-of-antioch
>>
>>19734528
Did you buy that book, Ape?
>>
What spirit / elemental spirit is good to summon for beginner? And how it will contact?
>>
What should I do to become more seductive? I'm a girl and need magical help lol
>>
any comments on adder stones as for protection?
i can see some info but i kinda trust you guys more
>>
>>19735079
do they work if they werent found below a certain moon?
>>
Okay, so, I have no experience with Magick and Occult related stuff, and I really want to get into it. So what is a good place to start?
>>
File: hanged.jpg (93 KB, 960x844)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
re Tarot: Dodgy C19th dudes' hobbies notwithstanding, Renaissance Italian Neoplatonists knew their stuff. Among other fairly conspicuous 'Orphic' correspondences from Late Antiquity, Gemini is represented on the Sun card, because Apollo ruled the sign in Greco-Roman systems.

The Hanged Man in the earliest decks (15th century) was a traitor, because traitors were hanged by one foot. Anyone playing the game of tarot would have understood the symbolism.

The practice also became one of the many torture techniques of the Inquisition, as seen below. Jews were also frequently hanged similarly.

It’s interesting that in modern decks the Hanged Man is portrayed as holy, often with a halo—a major transformation.
>>
>>19735186
In OP's post there is a link at mega.nz

Go to the Beginners folder and read these three books:
Dion Fortune, Psychic Self Defense
Robert Anton Wilson - Prometheus Rising
The Secret Teachings of All Ages

These would be my picks, YMMV.

Feel free to read as many books as you want from that folder. I chose these because they should give you a general idea of what is possible with magic.

The first and the third books are old, and might hurt your feelings sometimes. You will read a lot of old books in this area, and you must get used to go past things are not acceptable today to extract useful information.
>>
>>19735239
Every time I try yo download a book, it takes forever, yo the point of giving up. It has haooened the same across several devices, laptop, phone and tablet. Do I need to sign up?
>>
File: AESTHETIC 1.jpg (99 KB, 610x430)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>19726159
well lads its been a long time coming
how to magic myself some gains
>but you won't be natty
fuck yeah mate i'll be smashing celestial ghost qtpies with my para-natty gains enhanced cock
>>
>>19735305
usually takes a while before it begins downloading but i guess you waited long enough if you say forever, you should just go ahead and try signing up
>>
>>19735305
You should try to solve the problem in your end. Meanwhile, you can get the books from these links:
https://archive.org/details/TheSecretTeachingsOfAllAgesManlyHall
https://libgen.pw/download.php?id=390054
https://libgen.pw/download.php?id=344223
>>
>>19735239
>The Secret Teachings of All Ages

Why?
>>
can you use magick to cure depression?
>>
>>19735499
>>
Hey gaylords, how do I improve my concentration.
>inb4 meditation
Yeah yeah, but I'm specifically looking for material that pertains to the application of attention in daily life and how it can be cultivated
>>
>>19737841
go to a doctor friend
>>
>>19737922

The answer is still meditation.
>>
>>19737950
Except I already mediate but it's not blending well into my daily life to the extent I want. I want the effects of adderall without actually having to take adderall, basically.
>>
>>19737959

What are you calling, "meditation"?
>>
File: bardon.png (88 KB, 269x493)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>19737973
I'm not here to talk about meditation, I'm looking for material/books that pertain to concentration and it's applications in daily life. If you don't have that, it's fine, but don't give me the meme answer I specifically didn't ask for.
>>
>>19737991
>I'm not here to talk about meditation

Obviously and I strongly suspect for good reason.

Be seeing you.
>>
>>19737991
God forbid someone looks for specificity from you when the answer may well be "you need to change your yoga practice", so I'll try again nice and gentle: What does your meditation method consist of?
>>
>>19737991
uhh look up "mindfulness" practices?

There's also other meditative techniques which can be applied like walking meditation.

Im not sure Im understanding what exactly you are asking for, you want books to teach you how to concentrate in daily life? Literally any book can help with this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g02WKrWjUgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MIK7bb69xk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUs1Popfd8g
>>
>>19737922
>>19737991
Don't listen to these fucking retards. The best answer is to be engaged in what you're doing. When you are legitimately interested in a thing, you will pay way more attention to it. If you're having trouble paying attention to things, perhaps you should reflect on whether or not those things are even worthy of your attention. If you're talking work or school, just do what everyone else does. Power through it. There's no good method for paying attention to things you instinctively don't want to except forcing yourself.
>>
>>19737015
Surprised Thoth didn't ban you for this comment.
>>
>>19738002
Because you internet retards always do this. Someone asks a question, you don't have the answer, but you still feel the need to respond and parrot some titbit of bullshit advice that is only tangentially related and doesn't cut to the root of the problem.
>>19738332
Thanks, senpai. At least you answered the question.
>>
>>19738357
>"internet retards pls halp"
>"tell me how u do the thing"
>"no retard fuck you pls halp"

K.
>>
>>19738357
>Thanks, senpai. At least you answered the question.
We are kindred, you and I. I am well versed in asking questions on blue boards only for fucking retards to just keep spamming "Why do you want to do that?" or suggesting I "Just do it." in more words. Most people are god damned morons who like to talk but don't fucking know anything.
>>
>>19738365
You're the worst of the worst, Ape.
>Dude hermetics lmao
>>
>>19738348

I'm surprised you haven't forgotten to breathe and died in your sleep.

>>19738357
>Because you internet retards always do this.

Someone's diaper wants changing.

Also, I was just wondering where our more indefatigable shit-posters had got to.
>>
>>19738485
You can stop now. I'm sure he's gone.
>>
>>19738357
>Too lazy to provide details.
>Made the whole thing up, so there are no details.
This is the reason I seldom answer anything.

>>19738485
>Someone's diaper wants changing.
God helps those that help themselves?

>indefatigable shit-posters.
Such as?
>>
>>19738603
Team Illuminati
Bardonposters
The list of people Ape said "you're dumb" to that then get assmad and camp in here to shitpost.
TobiasNoel
Etc.
>>
Disney book of shadows
>>
>>19726848
hahaha you think thats real
>>
>>19738616

/fringe/ refugees
Nazis of various stripes
>>
>>19738629
For one sweet second I thought you were saying something reasonable, that I confused an artistic rendering for a Cassini pic, but alas, you're just a fucking retard.
>>
>>19738616
>TobiasNoel
Master of the non-sequitur response?
Lord of the false metric?

>Bardonposters
loled

>Team Illuminati
?
>>
File: pia18920-rot_835.gif (2.22 MB, 835x435)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB GIF
>>19738659
>ywn work as a hydrologist providing water for hydrogen fuel and drinking at a weighstation around Ceres for ships on their way to mine the Outer SS.
>>
>>19738616
Don't forget about the single anon who periodically shows up to RP both sides of the debate about advaita
>>
>>19738676
http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/username/team%20illuminati/
>>
>>19738682
right? fuck that faggot. dualist scum
>>
>>19738684
>Last posted in 2015
Ah yes, I remember now.

The spiritual salad master of hidden occult knowledge...
>>
File: download.png (11 KB, 175x289)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Twas the night before crowleymas
we all sang in chorus
each one of us crowned
and conquering like horus
My woman in scarlet
And I the Great Beast
Had just said our will
and were preparing to feast
But somewhere outside
a strange goings-on
Perhaps, I thought Aiwass
But nay - 'twas Choronzon.
In my body of light
I went with assertion
of will to confront
The demon of dispersion.
When what with this prophet of
Princes went amiss?
But myGuardian angel
Calling across the abyss.
He possessed my wife
and then bade me to scribble
Three days worth of nonsense
and ludicrous drivel.
And there then he left me
alone in the wastes
To redeem all mankind
But I feared to make haste.
I pondered and wandered
causing many a schism
debauching, blaspheming,
By word, deed and jism.
But now here I stand
at crowleymas feast
with the word of the Aeon
Iam crowned the great beast'
>>
>>19738786
>dualist scum
Do you believe all dualistic spiritual traditions are synonymous with Christian style persecution of differing views?
>>
>>19738657
The Gnostic hordes of have mostly dissipated.

>various stripes
Various?

Are we talking about entrepreneurs, military/law enforcement, white men with short hair cuts or anyone opposed to wealth redistribution?

>>19738829
Loled
>>
>>19738957
>The Gnostic hordes of X have mostly dissipated.
X=A word that is apparently blocked by the word filter. Interesting.
>>
>>19726866
>I came on /omg/ and they can't shut the fuck up about shaivism so I thought Id look into it
I'm positive this is the truth. Everyone loves Shiva because drugs lmao.
>>
>>19727056
>From Dionysis to Shiva
Wow, who could have seen that coming?

>>19727058
>>19727072
Because drugs and bullshit "spirituality" (getting high).
>>
>>19727117
>Get fucked in the ass roughly, repeatedly by something way too big
>Asshole projects out
Some powers mankind was not meant to master. You don't want this. Believe me.
>>
>>
George Soros Cabal silence on Trump's comments disturbing to agency employees

(CNN)Days have passed since President Donald Trump equated white supremacists and neo-Nazis with counterprotesters at a Charlottesville, Virginia rally that sparked violence over the weekend, the President's words are still rippling across the federal workforce at government agencies.
Career government employees tell CNN they're deeply disturbed by silence or what they perceive as weak statements, from the Cabinet members who lead their agencies.
There have been no public statements from Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, a Chinese immigrant, or Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, who is Jewish on where they stand on the President's rhetoric. Chao said the situation in Charlottesville " is hateful behavior and it is not who we are as Americans," but Chao stopped short of distancing herself from the President's remarks.
>>
>>19739699
this is /omg/ not a hippie facebook group
>>19739724
this has nothing to do with this thread
>>
>>19739773
>this is /omg/ not a hippie facebook group
Effecting "change" via projection of will vs. projection of bumper sticker politics?

>this has nothing to do with this thread
>>19739724
I completely agree.
>>
File: you_dun?jpg.jpg (6 KB, 360x154)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>19737922
>Hey gaylords, how do I improve my concentration.
concentration is the abundance of a constituent divided by the total volume of a mixture
>improve
== enlarge
enlarge your mass, or drop the volume
go back over chemistry 101

>inb4 meditation
>Yeah yeah, but I'm specifically looking for material that pertains to the application of attention in daily life

however, research has indicated that mindfulness does not affect attentional control directly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attentional_control
damn friend, you were right all along
btw,
>meterial
didn't i tell you to go over chemistry 101 already?
well, i did. read up some dictionary words, while you are at it.
>how it can be cultivated
aren't you a special chemical psychological farmer? what a beautiful snowflake.
shit my bad,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultivation_theory
Now, it all becomes clear.
Turn off your computer.
>>
>>19738332
That's basically meditation though.
>>
File: nep.jpg (148 KB, 1500x750)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
You know how in occult lodges and orders you end up getting a name which fits you better than your name assigned to you at birth?
Is there some sort of "soul-mate" when it comes to names? I.e. a name that is "destined" for you, based on its hidden, symbolic or gematric meaning?
If so, how does one find that name? Any literature or experiences on this topic?
>>
>>19741545
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oCR-BCh-g8

Not really in-depth but worth the watch.
>>
>>19737922
Try nootropics. I recommend noopept, but do your research.
>>
>>19741545
Jodorowsky and familiar constelation's take on names is interesting. Usually the name that's given to you at birth is charged with intentions (you could compare it to a spell), that come from the unconscious, non-fullfilled wishes or problems of the family members.

In that sense, after a process of individuation, a name given by you or someone that really knows you would be a better, "cleanner" fit. It's kind of a banishment from the cursed family tree, too.
>>
>>19741997
so I'd say if you want to know your True Name, you first have to do a whole lot of individuation process / HGA / Ishtadeva / Tipheret attainment. Then it just comes as naturally as describing youself.
>>
File: st-raphael-icon-586.jpg (61 KB, 354x450)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Anyone invoked/evoked Arch Angel St.Raphael?
>>
>>19741997
>cursed family tree
So you see the family tree and heritage as something negative?
>>
>>19742014
Usually. That said, I'm a psychologist, I've seen quite a few people carrying "curses" from their parents or other family members. Usually the parents get them from their grandfathers, and so on. If you do a full tree analysis you can see patterns repeating. There's even sons who are conceived as sort of a wish for a "hero" that will solve the problems being carried by the whole family tree. A life script falls on top of them even before they are born, and not always they are compatible with the task, so as to say. So they carry it as a burden, and they pass it down to their children.
>>
Anyone have a pic of the white-gold color that's used in magick? Can't get it quite right.
>>
>>19742022
Any literature on breaking these curses?
What esoteric implications does it have to die childless? What happens with the family tree's curses or problems in that case?
>>
>>19735239
>Psychic self-defense
Felus Catus recommended this book to me. I asked for it as a gift and spent a lot of time looking forward to receiving it. I gotta say, the most enjoyable part of the whole process was waiting for the book. Everything after its arrival was a bitter let-down.
>>
File: crowleymas.jpg (16 KB, 512x384)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>19738829

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_BP-L0eqM
>>
>>19742144
If you want something specific to it, google for Jodorowsky's psychogenealogy. But systemic and transactional psychology should also be helpful about this.
>>
>>19738657
>/fringe/ refugees
This is our board now. Move aside, thelecuck.
>>
>>19742401
/x/ is a Wiccan board.
>>
>>19742258
I didn't mean this as an insult to or statement against Felus, to be clear. That's just where i first heard of the title.
>>
>>19742010

Yes.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1507628133038.jpg (88 KB, 540x790)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Help me fuckaz

I've been practising meditation without guidelines for about a year now on a regular basis. I usually go vajrasana and practise mudras until my hands get charged with energy which I then use on my body or on visualizations.

Now my problem is my own ignorance. I've encountered Yantras during very intense sessions without knowing what the fuck was happening and had other bizzare experiences and it always felt as if I was unprepared.

I come here to you folk for recommandations on books that could help me. I know the basics of mantras, yantras, mudras and asanas but I wish to dwelve further into Vajrayana, and unfortunately I can't afford seeking a guru or someone else that is more experienced right now.

So hit me up with your best pieces of work. I need to make sense out of all of this.

>Spooks for attention
>>
File: basket-case-meme-1.jpg (28 KB, 384x384)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>19742528
Wicca a shit
>>
>>19742676
>since the 1950's
Wicca is a lot older than the 1950's though, it was just made public in the 50's.
>>
>>19742706
*sigh*
>>
>>19742842
Not an argument.
>>
>>19742868
The person who made the assertion needs to actually substantiate it first.

The rites, rituals, protocols, and doctrines of British Traditional Wicca start with Gardner's manuscripts.
>>
>>19742897
>who is Dorothy Clutterbuck
>>
>>19742908
A name that Gardner used to pin concepts onto, and Anglican with no apparent relation to witchcraft in any form, judging from her personal records. At least that's what Hutton's research indicates.
>>
>>19742960
You must be real fun at parties.
>>
File: Wicca.png (13 KB, 491x327)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>
>>19743007
That phrase isn't generally used to disparage people for placing emphasis on research and facts, but of course you're welcome to misapply it however you want.
>>
>>19743119
>That phrase isn't generally used to disparage people for placing emphasis on research and facts

Are you autistic?

Seriously, you need to try reading your replies out loud before you post. Do you realize how awkward you sound?
>>
>>19743133
>Seriously, you need to try reading your replies out loud before you post
Do you?
>>
>>19743133
>"You must be real fun at parties for not acquiescing in made up bullshit"
>(mild jab)
>"(autistic screeching)"
>>
>>19743119
>>19743133
>>19743171
>>19743173
>/omg/
>>
>>19743173
>>19743171
>>19743133
If a normie-tier religion like Wicca gets you this upset, maybe you should take a break from the computer for a while.
>>
>>19743328
And what magical faculty allows you to know beyond a doubt the emotions and intent behind these posts?
>>
>>19743340
I know nerd-rage when I see it, there's nothing magical going on here. :P
>>
>>19743354
>there's nothing magical going on
so kind of like wicca?
>>
what does the number 13 mean in occult sense? is it really a "cursed" number of bad luck?
>>
In my travels this week, I met an old man... a WISE old man. AFAIK he's not an initiate or religious or a mystic, but the man seemed to have a better hold on things like karma and reincarnation, as well as an inherent understanding of "the mysteries..." like, to a point where he's the type of guy one might climb a mountain for a year just to talk to for a few seconds...he speaks more wisdom and truth in a few short words than many can do in volumes. IDK what it is but this man is special. Like, I don't even know what's going on, other than to say I don't think they make 'em like this anymore. I just can't put my finger on what's even going on, or why...has anyone else had similar experiences?
>>
>>19743895
There are a fair number of folks like this. Some people just have a natural apprehension of a lot of the practical facets of the Mysteries.
>>
>>19743920
Interesting. Shortly after meeting him, he held my hand and looked me in the eyes, deep, like he was reading fine print...and I felt like he knew me somehow, from that...what's more, I found myself experiencing what appeared to be his memories. They certainly weren't mine, and I wasn't tripping or anything. It really had a deep impact on me, man.
>>
>>19743920
What do you think of Crowley's reference to Moloch as "That form of Jehova..."denigrated by the priests who didn't stand to profit from his rites? (paraphrasing a little, here).
>>
>>19744033
It's all tied up in Baal Hermon.
Mt. Hermon was the first touchdown point of Shemyaza's sedition.
>>
>>19744064
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temples_of_Mount_Hermon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchuniathon#The_history_of_the_gods

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elioud
>>
>>19744064
>>19744066
Tits. I was just about to say, looks like I've got some good reading ahead. Cheers.
>>
>>19735499
believe it or not but I created an entity to help with my powerlifting. Pulled 4.5pl8 while focusing on him. Shits legit
>>
>>19744064
Hey man what was Crowley's exemption thesis?
>>
>>19744251
I thought it was Book 4 but as I understand that wasn't written until he had attained 9=2? Isn't the Exemption thesis supposed to be written by the newly received Master of the Temple? Or at least while still 8=3? I must be missing something
>>
>>19744148
>powerlifting
Stick to 5x5 and add more plates rather than more reps.
>>
>>19744272
You don't like a side of hemorrhoids with your newly ripped abs?
>>
Kaos 14: Sumerian religion is a total mystery lost in the mists of time. Lets ignore the mountain of translated material that ranges from the origins of mankind to sales receipts for purchased live stock.
>>
>>19743895
>I don't think they make 'em like this anymore.

They're being made now. You may even be one
>>
Kaos 14: We invented a goddess closely based on actual mythology but we did not like the aesthetic of the actual documented lore, so we made up a bunch of "stuff" that is sure to shock and anger the normies! We cited a pile of other made up mythology and cherry picked the rest from completely unrelated material, because why not!
>>
Kaos 14: Some guy wrote me concerning the defamation of the chaos goddess Tiamat in the creation epic called the Enuma Elish. So I told him hp lovecraft is not reel, lol! Here allow me ramble on for a few pages while completely ignoring the fact that the neither the Goddess in question or the creation epic have anything to do with hp lovecraft nor my long winded rambling response. I am the master of mis-direction lol!
>>
>>19743133
Bruh he's wrecking you with facts n shit. You stink.
>>
>>19743763
Let's be honest, there has to be SOME power in Wicca if the mere mention of it can make "serious occultists" this salty.
>>
>>19744606
No, seriously, read this out loud. Put it on Vocaroo if you don't think this sentence sounds horribly awkward:

>"That phrase isn't generally used to disparage people for placing emphasis on research and facts."

Right or wrong, he types like someone with asperger's.
>>
>>19744632
>I'm losing the argument
>better call the other person autistic

Wicca was founded by Gerald Gardner, and influenced heavily by ceremonial magic that was popular at that time (elements of traditional witchcraft were later introduced by Doreen Valiente). Every Wiccan who has done her research will readily admit this, so what are you fighting for?
>>
>>19744619
>Let's be honest, there has to be SOME power in Wicca
Of course there is, I was being facetious.
>>
File: Aleisb6.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Why does this weebshit make so many references towards him

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Blythe_Road

I mean look at this
>>
>>19744592
It's a reply to the acceptance of Simonomicon as postmodern occult canon.

>>19744513
To be fair some of the texts we're concerned with only reached common translation, like, this fucking year. See: Brill.

>>19744557
You can try Red Goddess if Joel's too technical for you.
>>
>>19744687
>acceptance of Simonomicon as postmodern occult canon
Marilyn Manson says it's legit, so who are we to argue?
>>
>>19744687
>w/r/t Brill
For example, I've had a handbook of Sumerian anti-witchcraft incantations camped in the library since day one. Came out in 2010.

Volume two of Tzvi Abusch's translations were supposed to drop in 2015. Took 'em until halfway through 2016 to drop.
>>
>>19744687
>It's a reply to the acceptance of Simonomicon as postmodern occult canon.
Are you implying that the Enuma Elish and Tiamat are the product of the peter levendacon? You are supposed to be an expert ffs...

>too technical for you.
Are you being serious right now? There is not one single element in that entire text I would define as technical or complex.
>>
>>19744729
>Are you implying that
Not in the slightest, but that the connection of them to Lovecraft has it's origins in Simonomicon's mangling of the concepts which in turn led to a shitload of people needing "Simonomicon is bullshit' carefully explained to them.

>Are you being serious
No, I'm being snide, condescending, facetious, and sarcastic.
>>
>>19744707
>For example, I've had a handbook of Sumerian anti-witchcraft incantations
That is an Akkadian text.
>>
>>19744758
Pardon.
In either case Abusch's Maqlu translation(s) just dropped only two years back, which is probably more relevant to this discussion anyway.
>>
>>19744751
>"Simonomicon is bullshit' carefully explained to them.
But the person in question made no mention of the "Simonomicon".

>No, I'm being snide, condescending, facetious, and sarcastic.
lol!
>>
>>19744794
If I'm unclear in the intent of the authors then perhaps The Satyr can correct me. That's the impression I got from our discussions about the chapter, and the place of Babylonian/Sumerian/Akkadian/Assyrian and in some senses Neo-Assyrian & Canaanite systems to the Work compared to how it was pawned off to the community.
>>
https://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp
What do you guys think of this version of the LBRP? What he says makes sense, but then again I'm far from an expert when it comes to occultism.
>>
>>19744816
>If I'm unclear in the intent of the authors then perhaps The Satyr can correct me.
His response was little more than simple misdirection. A sloppy debate tactic, imo.
>>
>>19744816
I hope to finish reading the rest of the text tomorrow.

Missed mid day prayer thanks to you jokers, lol.

This exchange made
>>
>>19744064
pardon me, I ought to do more diligent research on my own before asking, but there's something important happening that's tying in the yom kippur sacrifices, el-the most high god of melchizedek, israel/ishmael/israel dressed in goat skins, azazel as a conduit to metatron, and a kind of non-duel conception of the logos as recursive that ties into the zoroastrian sect whos name i forget who thought of mazda and ahriman as both proceeding from one impartial source right? give me a year, i'll have better questions. also a lot of zohar i think?
>>
>>19745577
gotta review that nathan of gaza by way of scholem?
>>
Are the norse/egyptian/roman gods okay if you make sigils in their name or try to charge them with their power? Or is that some kind of practice that goes against them?
>>
File: isthisadream.jpg (9 KB, 174x290)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>19732163
I still haven't gotten to Thee Psychick Bible

Guys, what work should I go to next after reading Explorations of Lucid Dreaming, and take on a practice of Lucidity? I want to continue exploring the possibilities of dreaming to keep my mind on the topic while I form the skill over time.
>>
>>19745737
Why not learn how the Norse, Egyptians and Romans practiced their religions and go from there?

There should be plenty of symbology/iconography available, that should save you the trouble of charging a sigil.
>>
>>19745910
A lot of them are so old you can hardly find legit sources anymore.
>>
>>19745917
>Norse, Egyptians and Roman
>so old you can hardly find legit sources
Really? Norse and Roman should be quite simple. Egyptians can be tricky and there is a good deal of missing and untranslated material.
>>
>>19742329
interchanges like these are what keep me coming back to /x/
good bread u2
>>
File: scully-eyeroll.gif (1.46 MB, 300x173)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>19732163
>Genesis Porridge
>Throbbing Gristle
>>
>>19746023
It's actually the opposite. Egyptology's easy. Nordic practices come to us filtered through hostile sources. Roman state religion is a thing but the initiatic priesthoods of the empire appear lost.

>>19745590
Nope.

>>19745577
>azazel as a conduit to metatron
?
>>
Im reading about the Etheral body in the psychic self defense. Is the Etheral Body pretty much the Astral body and using it just astral projecting or is it something else?
>>
>>19746952
Yes. Be careful
>>
>>19746989
Thanks. I will
>>
Guys can you comment on this:
>>19747063
>>19747074

At first I thought the thread was a joke but upon reading this I think there is some hidden truth revealed by this "joke" religion.
Have you guys heard of this? I'm googling right now and come across very strange and cryptic stuff.
>>
>>19747131
where've you been anon? it's standard erisian discordianism stuff, pop culture chaos magic stuff. Its been a thing since the 80's
>>
>>19747131
Magicians, especially since the Gnostic and the Quabala influences, have sought higher consciousness through assimilation and control of universal opposites-- good/evil, positive/negative, male/female, etc. But due to the steadfast pomposity of ritualism inherited from the ancient methods of the shaman, occultists have been blinded to what is perhaps the two most important pairs of apparent or earth-plane opposites: ORDER/DISORDER and SERIOUS/HUMOROUS.

Magicians, and progeny the scientists, have always taken themselves and their subject in an orderly and sober manner, thereby disregarding an essential metaphysical balance. when magicians learn to approach philosophy as a malleable art instead of an immutable Truth, and learn to appreciate the absurdity of man's endeavours, then they will be able to pursue their art with a lighter heart, and perhaps gain a clearer understanding of it, and therefore gain more effective magic. CHAOS IS ENERGY.

This is an essential challenge to the basic concepts of all western occult thought, and POEE is humbly pleased to offer the first breakthrough in occultism since Solomon.
>>
I'm increasingly convinced that Discordianism was a serious mistake, though we'll play hell getting Discordians to admit it.
>>
>>19746929
>>azazel as a conduit to metatron
sorry, I meant samael. Thinking about the way that zevi was supposed to embody samael as an aspect of metatron, the serpent that becomes the staff. Spmething to do with the ascents of enoch to be transfigured and moses to receive the torah, except the torah of briah which is all-permissive. except I don't know what i'm talking about yet and am maybe just seeing what I want to see, which is why I don't like to get too into kabbalah

and I was thinking of zurvanism
>>
>>19744908
I did this one version for a year or so and I had great results. It's pretty nice, my goto for LBRP
>>
>>19744908
>https://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp
>"Make in the Air toward the East the banishing Pentagram of Air and, bringing the point to the center of the Pentagram, vibrate the Deity Name Yod-He-Vau-He, imagining that your voice carries forth to the East of the Universe.
Holding the dagger out before you, go to the South, make the Pentagram and vibrate similarly the deity name Adonai.
Go to the West, make the Pentagram and vibrate Eheieh.
Go to the North, make the Pentagram and vibrate Agla.
Return to the East and complete your circle by bringing the dagger point to the center of the first Pentagram."
>"Banishing Pentagram of Air"

For LBRP?
>>
File: lucid dreaming series.jpg (29 KB, 600x849)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>19745902
i got some interesting results using this.
dreaming i was inside "Deus Ex: Invisible War" and remembered i was dreaming. unfortunately, i got so excited that i woke up.
>>
File: larper.jpg (307 KB, 683x910)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>
>>19747624
What I mean is, that's supposed to be a quote from a GD knowledge lecture...so that must be a typo right?
>>
>>19747641
Must be, every other source I've seen uses the Earth banishing pentagram
>>
>>19747644
Word. It's interesting because one of my earliest inclinations to fuck with the LRP was to use the elemental pent. appropriate to each quarter...I'm still wondering what this guy has to say about GRP and Element-specific LIRP of the G.'.D.'.
>>
File: maki-nishikino--8.93.jpg (18 KB, 210x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I read and read and read but at the end of the day i create my own magickal and occult expierences...i take what i think sounds right apply and practice but overall develop my own abilities. I enter the cosmos regularly and have locations mapped out with my tulpa. We have many adventure. Idk..i have seem too much to actually ever go back. Idk much to have a conversation about the occult but my feelings/emotions expierences are real.

You can never take that away from .e.
>>
>>19747707
k
>>
>>19747336
>I'm increasingly convinced that Discordianism was a serious mistake
glad im not the only one
>>
>>19747197
>POEE is humbly pleased to offer the first breakthrough in occultism since Solomon
reeeeeeeeeee
>>
Thanks for recommeding The Magical Shield in another thread guys, I bought the ebook and it's been pretty interesting so far. I dig the clean introduction with the brief history of human's constitution and what are you supposed to protect, also the one in a lifetime chance protocols (exercises) really raise up the stakes
>>
I sometimes have trouble keeping incense going for the entirety of a given rite, and don't particularly care to reach into the triangle, for example...any suggestions?
>>
"Much of Dee's material was lost, after being hidden in a cabinet
he owned. The papers were discovered in 1662, decades after Dee's
death, and with the chest having passed through the hands of
several owners. Unfortunately the family's maid used about half of
the papers for kindling, resulting in the loss of a substantial portion
of Dee's magical writings."
~t. David Rankine

Fucking. Kill. Me.
>>
>>19726549
>library link (in OP)
>beginners folder
>>
File: pagoda.jpg (40 KB, 470x350)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Vis a vis the whole getting parental permission thing with a guru: if your parents are dead, what happens?
>>
>>19747722

Word.

It's so much easier to tear down than build up.

>>19747813
>Unfortunately the family's maid used about half of
>the papers for kindling, resulting in the loss of a substantial portion
>of Dee's magical writings.

Not true. Some material may have been lost, but nothing referenced by Dee's extensive cross-references.
>>
>>19748006
i didn't realize he said "mages" until just now.

sorry bro, got some cool images though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoOrOZH049o
>>
>>19748079
>but nothing referenced by Dee's extensive cross-references

Does this include or exclude the alleged meatpie incident?
>>
>>19748192

Same incident. There is no evidence, so far as I know, of any significant loss.
>>
Has anyone attempted to compose music to Crowley's "La Gitana"? I'm REALLY tempted to.
>>
What kind of operations can opium be utilized in? Like, for a person who isn't addicted and wants to use it ritualistically? I believe Crowley assigns it to Chakmah or Binah, but I believe Skinner re-classed it...so I'm just wondering if anyone with practical experience can nudge me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>19748203
Dude/sir, what is your opinion of the "New Banishing ritual of the Pentagram" linked earlier?
>>
>>19746929
>Egyptology's easy.
It is a fairly complex system. If I recall, some of the initiation rituals would be nearly impossible to perform.

>Nordic practices come to us filtered through hostile sources.
I believe current politics are the source of this viewpoint. Though I am not a person of Nordic decent, I would wager that people like Varg are in the minority. A very loud, obnoxious minority.

>Roman state religion initiatic priesthoods
You bring up a good point. Do you think it would be difficult to reconstruct?

I am not an expert in any of the traditions in question. But I am an active practitioner of a system that is considered quite obscure to by many. If I was able to put the pieces together as a young man in a time before the internet, then piecing together any of the above should be a fairly straight forward task, given the resources available today.
>>
File: 1433089642g.png (429 KB, 600x600)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
Do you guys believe the Gods are REAL entities of some form meaning they have a personality, memories and so on. Or do you believe they are just symbols of our mind?
>>
>>19748333

I don't like it, but then one will always be prejudiced by what one first learned. Pentagram of earth is preferred.
>>
>>19748507
>Do you guys believe the Gods are REAL entities of some form meaning they have a personality, memories and so on.
Yes

>Or do you believe they are just symbols of our mind?
No
>>
File: becoming the beast.png (166 KB, 697x543)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>19748260
do it!
pic isn't really music. super high-frequency shit with crowley in the background
>>
>>19748507
both
>>
File: edenbeforefall[1].jpg (45 KB, 405x505)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>19748518
Is there a discussion group that you prefer to this one? All you do is come here and talk shit and occasionally give advice, which is what I do on forums where I think everyone is an idiot
>>
>>19748715

I am here primarily because of Ape. Mostly, I observe. There are plenty of idiots here and worse, but there are idiots everywhere.

I don't say much because my understanding is right for where I am, but probably not for others. Most anything I have to say will be misunderstood and, if possible, used against me.
>>
File: hamal[2].jpg (31 KB, 560x297)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>19748899
>Most anything I have to say will be misunderstood and, if possible, used against me.

that's annoying because that's pretty much what I want out of a high level occult discussion. I guess I'm asking too much for something like that to exist on 4chan
>>
>>19748925

This is an annoying place. I still weigh in on interesting questions, when they arise. My interests are unfortunately a bit narrow these days.
>>
>>19748972
>My interests are unfortunately a bit narrow these days.
Narrow how?
>>
>>19748981

Well, Enochian is still interesting. Some other magical systems are interesting, or at least some aspects. Otherwise I am easily bored.
>>
>>19749002
You view this type of thing as entertainment, rather than duty?

>Some other magical systems are interesting
Do tell!
>>
>>19749028

There's some element of duty, sure, but that duty is limited. Not here to yap yahoos.
>>
>>19749047
You're trying too hard. You sound really pretentious and annoying.
>>
>>19749047
For those that have been set to task, duty is all.

>Not here to yap yahoos.
Do these "yahoos" not fall under the jurisdiction of your guardianship?
>>
File: images[1].png (6 KB, 189x196)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>19749002
Talk about Enochian please. I really want to hear about it from someone who actually knows what they are talking about
>>
>>19749091

Eh, it's late and this thread is dying.
>>
>>19749166
You could do with a bit more dedication and humility, imo.

BTW, I did find the chapter regarding OBE vs AP quite interesting. Your theory concerning the "membrane" is something I have pondered for some time.
>>
>>19749166
:(
>>
>>19749166
Next thread?
>>
Ape, you have got to be kidding me.
>>
>>19749553
?
>>
>>19749572
Exactly.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.