[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20171011_191411619.jpg (2.77 MB, 4160x2340)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
Bought these two anyone familiar with the works? Fnord

IT IS MY FIRM BELIEF THAT IT IS A MISTAKE TO HOLD FIRM BELIEFS

REMEMBER
KING KONG
DIED FOR
YOUR SINS

HAIL BOB DOBS
OVERCOME the conspiracy
GET SLACK
>>
yo i found the subgenius book on the sidewalk few months back, havent read but it does likw /x/ related

tell me more anon, didnt think id ever see any mention of it nor a discussion on /x/
>>
>>19743712
You've been blessed by Bob and are a born subgenius, the conspiracy is influencing us. The pinks are al around us, get slack now and open your third nostril. You don't need to read the book here is the recruitment video:
https://youtu.be/o0x9ymMQUg8

The Church Of Bob parodies religion and occult beliefs.
Principia Discordia does the same. Their primary diety is Eris (Discordia) of the Greek pantheon. It's prominent in The Illuminatus Triology by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Willson
>>
>>19743796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfYBsuBzulE
>>
File: IMG_20171013_002522494.jpg (3.08 MB, 4160x2340)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>19743964
All affirmations are true in some sense,
false in some sense,
meaningless in some sense,
true and false in some sense,
true and meaningless in some sense,
false and meaningless in some sense,
and true and false and meaningless in some sense
>>
>>19744011
wut
>>
File: IMG_20171013_003740748.jpg (3.08 MB, 1836x3264)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
>>19744038
I'm Anon KSC
Keeper of The Sacred Chao

It says little,
does less,
means
nothing.
>>
>>19743796
>>19744011
is that in the subgenius book?
>>
If you don't have a firm belief you exist, than what is the point of having any beliefs?

Is doubt not a firm belief?
>>
>>19743688
I remember being given photocopied brochures from the Church of the Subgenius 25 years ago. Still mildly amusing.
>>
>>19744096
yes
>>
>>19744099
>belief
YOU'VE COME TO DIE.
>>
>>19744137
Death is just a process of taking in new information.

I'm fine with that, I die everyday.
>>
File: devo_1.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>19744149
SNAB DAB NIPP!
>>
File: IMG_20171013_011242203.jpg (2.12 MB, 3264x1836)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>19744099
The Hidden stone ripens fast,
then laid bare like a turnip
can easily be cut out at last
but even then the danger isn't past.
That man lives best who's fain
to live half mad, half sane.
>>
>>19744210
Interesting picture.

I agree with you, but your words don't really tell me anything.

Where is the proof in my logic? No one knows, but I see where It shows.
>>
>>19744149
Hay me to it's how I know god and the devil are douch bags.
>>
>>19744244
and why do you come to conclusions on both
>>
File: IMG_20171013_012615619.jpg (2.37 MB, 1836x3264)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
>>19744226
Bullshit makes the flowers grow & that's beautiful.
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (1.58 MB, 320x240)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
>Discordia
Noice
>>
That Bob/SubGenius shit is related to the Illuminati Card Game iirc
>>
>>19744257
Their is a new disease going around if you come in contact with some one who has it you will get it. So we are waiting on a new awakening here on earth to help fight some shitty future that is coming. Sucide victims have it drug addicks people with depression children. Trust me you hear it all total dicks they don't even do their job. They just make shitty jokes about us. I feel every time they try to kill one of my souls so I'm thinking about repo. I'm not happy with either place earth is the way to go dude. Better then bending over for both establishments.
>>
File: ll.jpg (69 KB, 469x490)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I am CEO of Goldman Slacks AMA
>>
>>19743688
These are funny-books and nothing more.
>>
What are these books about guys?
>>
>>19744813
PD is hippie jokes for hippies.
BotS is reactionary/edgy/dark hippie (weird combo that likes guns, plastic dinosaurs, and UFOs) jokes for reactionary/edgy/dark hippies.
>>
Old
>>
File: 1506341516632.gif (537 KB, 480x270)
537 KB
537 KB GIF
>>19743796
Church of the Sub-Genuis is better than Discordianism, but they are both pretty cringey desu.
>>
>>19743688
You walk the razor edge path seperating ultimate occult flexibility and utter boredom with any magical activities from lack of sauce immersion. You've been warned my dude
>>
>>19745544
Yeah so is 4chan. What's the problem?
>>
>>19745764
> sauce immersion
?
>>
>no 23 gets
dissapointing
>>
File: sacredchao.jpg (24 KB, 197x197)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
THE SACRED CHAO is the key to illumination. Devised by the Apostle Hung Mung in ancient China, it was modified and popularized by the Taoists and is sometimes called the YIN-YANG. The Sacred Chao is not the Yin-Yang of the Taoists. It is the HODGE-PODGE of the Erisians. And, instead of a Podge spot on the Hodge side, it has a PENTAGON which symbolizes the ANERISTIC PRINCIPLE, and instead of a Hodge spot on the Podge side, it depicts the GOLDEN APPLE OF DISCORDIA to symbolize the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE.

The Sacred Chao symbolizes absolutely everything anyone need ever know about absolutely anything, and more! It even symbolizes everything not worth knowing, depicted by the empty space surrounding the Hodge-Podge.

HERE FOLLOWS SOME PSYCHO-METAPHYSICS. If you are not hot for philosophy, best just to skip it.

The Aneristic Principle is that of APPARENT ORDER; the Eristic Principle is that of APPARENT DISORDER. Both order and disorder are man made concepts and are artificial divisions of PURE CHAOS, which is a level deeper that is the level of distinction making.

With our concept making apparatus called "mind" we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about-reality are mistakenly labeled "reality" and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality" differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T True) reality is a level deeper that is the level of concept.
>>
>>19747063
We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it. The ORDER is in the GRID. That is the Aneristic Principle.

Western philosophy is traditionally concerned with contrasting one grid with another grid, and amending grids in hopes of finding a perfect one that will account for all reality and will, hence, (say unenlightened westerners) be True. This is illusory; it is what we Erisians call the ANERISTIC ILLUSION. Some grids can be more useful than others, some more beautiful than others, some more pleasant than others, etc., but none can be more True than any other.

DISORDER is simply unrelated information viewed through some particular grid. But, like "relation", no-relation is a concept. Male, like female, is an idea about sex. To say that male-ness is "absence of female-ness", or vice versa, is a matter of definition and metaphysically arbitrary. The artificial concept of no-relation is the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE.

The belief that "order is true" and disorder is false or somehow wrong, is the Aneristic Illusion. To say the same of disorder, is the ERISTIC ILLUSION.

The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered. Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disordered.
>>
>>19743688
Hell yeah my dude, I've got BotSG and Revelations.
And by the way, "Bob" is spelt with the quotes, you fucking imbeciles, you fucking poser sheep
>>
File: 1507654944451.jpg (50 KB, 1024x576)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>tfw u realize discordianism is just alt-masonry new age for hipsters

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.