[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: RrksY1AZ.jpg (55 KB, 512x512)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Today I present to you some texts from the Neoplatonic, Gnostic, and pre-Lurianic eras. Some of this knocks out texts on my acquisition lists which I will post in the next reply.

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Gnostic Studies
"Nag Hammadi Library". A brief and rather nude translation of the Nag Hammadi texts of all codices, I through XIII plus, Berolinensis Gnosticus 8502. Think it's the Robinson collection so translations vary and are without notes.

>Kabbalah
Old Testament Psuedoepigraphia: Vol 1 Apocalyptic Literature and Testaments. Some of the translations are a wee bit dodgy, but it's the only place to get all the Enochs and all the Esdras in one volume.
Mystical Prayer in Ancient Judaism.
Apocalyptic and Merkavah Mysticism
Shi'ur Komah - Mystical Shape of the Godhead
Peering Through the Lattices: Mystical, Magical, and Pietistic Dimensions in the Tosafist Period

>Neoplatonism
Julian (The Apostate): Orations Vol I (From Constantinus to Mother of the Gods)
Julian: Orations Vol II (From Uneducated Cynics to Misopogon)
Julian: Vol III (Letters plus "Against the Galileans")

I ALSO have a few more from the list that I've needed but haven't been uploaded and I can if it's particularly urgent.

>Kubjika, Kali, Tripura, and Trika (Publications of the Nepal Research Centre) by Mark S. G Dyczkowski
>Aspects of Kashmir Saivism by B.N. Pandit
>Spandapradipika A Commentary on the Spandakarika by Bhagavadutpalacarya By Mark S.G. Dyczkowski
>>
>>19997916
Here's the current acquisition list. It's getting short:

Kalikapurana, tr B.N. Shastri. Sanskrit and English in two volumes. HIGH PRIORITY

"Kaulavali Nirnaya", Arthur Avalon

The Starry Rubric, Alexander Cummins

Manthanabhairavatantram, Kumarikakhandah 12 Vol. The Section Concerning the Virgin Goddess by Mark S. G Dyczkowski

The Merkabah in Rabbinic Literature by David J. Halperin

From Apocalypticism to Gnosticism: Studies in Apocalypticism, Merkavah Mysticism, and Gnosticism by Ithamar Gruenwald

The Revelation of the Secret World: The Beginning of Jewish Mysticism by Joseph Dan

The Gnostic Imagination. Gnosticism, Mandaeism, and Merkabah Mysticism

Hekhalot Zutreti

Sex and Lunar Worship By Ida Craddock, Edited and with an Introduction by Vere Chappell.

Red Flame: Beastly Book of Changes AND/OR Equinox 5:3 – Chinese Mysticism.
>>
How is Gershom Scholem as a Kabbalistic writer?
>>
>>19998006
Stellar because of the wealth of info.
Frustrating as he often will simply tell you something without citing the exact text, tradition, or rabbi it comes from.
>>
thanks for sharing, anon. Sorry to bother everyone here, I recently started checking out Mesopotamic and Sumerian Lore, their take on gods and magic is really interesting and accidentally stumbled upon Gnosticism, which is mentioned here, so I assume it's related.

Is there any recommended introductory text to get into Gnosticism, meditation, magic or occultism.
>>
>>19998011
Nice, I saw a few books of his at a local bookstore. I might pick them up. Or at least one of them. Are there any Kabbalists that should be avoided?
>>
>>19998016
>Gnosticism
Kurt Rudolph's "Gnosis the Nature and History of Gnosticism" in my Gnostic studies folder.

>meditation
Shiva Samhita, Hathayoga, Raja Yoga.

>magick and occultism
Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice.

>>19998022
>Are there any Kabbalists that should be avoided?
I dunno.
Probably the vast majority tbqh famalam.
Straight up rabbis are good source info but can be hit and miss for our purposes. I don't think anyone ITT wants/needs an orthodox Jewish sermon with a couple of Kabbalistic terms mixed in for funsies. Most westerners have absolutely zero fucking clue about the history and practices of actual Kabbalah because of so much Hermetic simplification.
>>
File: 90018.jpg (45 KB, 318x425)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>19998016
You could try out The Gnostic Bible. It gathers a selection, in poetic, readable translation, represent Jewish, Christian, Hermetic, Mandaean, Manichaean, Islamic, and Cathar expressions of gnostic spirituality. Also included are introductions, notes, an extensive glossary, and a wealth of suggestions for further reading.
>>
>>19998040
Have you read Merkur's Gnosis? It's not as tight as Rudolph's but still a great read.

Let me rephrase, then. What Kabbalists would you highly recommend (other than DCS and Scholem)?
>>
>>19998040
Thanks a lot anon, I will check them out. Also, your library is amazing, having an online place with hard to find texts organized by topic is truly useful
>>
File: 1508788900282.jpg (659 KB, 1024x768)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
Bump.
>>
>>19998046
thanks a lot, will also get that one
>>
>>19998040
>>19998048

Some renewal rabbis who have somehow saved themselves from the new age trap and regrounded themselves in the literature are good. The ones like Arthur Green, who are mystically inclined and grounded in historicity can be really helpful with delivery top-down explanations of modern Kabbalistic thought that hasn't just been reduced to fluffy trash. I found his book Ehyeh really helpful at the start. It gave me like a context scaffolding to hang my understanding of the rest of Jewish mysticism, I felt like he built a nice bridge from modern thought to historical kabbalistic concepts.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>19998046
That and Barnstone's other drop, "The Other Bible" are fragmentary as fuck. Now, his texts are STELLAR, but they're still just stepping stones.

>>19998048
>Merkur's Gnosis
No.

>>19998048
Aryeh Kaplan.
>>
>>19998071
What's wrong with Merkur?
>>
>>19998089
Nothing I just haven't read him.
>>
>>19998097
Oh sorry, I thought that was one of those "Satyr" no's. You should read it, I think. Actually, nowadays, whenever I hear people talking about gnosticism, they often mention Rudolph and Merkur in the same sentence. I went and read it, and it's pretty great.
>>
Discord

https://discord.gg/5q5E2fC
>>
>>19998222
discord is for faggots
>>
>>19998222
>>19998312
yes and it's been infiltrated by the jews who shill info from yuor pc

I'm for a tOX or teamspeak group
>>
Is it okay to tell and bring your gf into ./occult/? Or is it bad due to the law of silence
>>
Thoughts on this?
>>19998361
>>
>>19998351
Not an issue, far as I can tell.

>>19998322
Tox is dead. Teamspeak is fucking cancer.
>>
>>19998399
>Not an issue, far as I can tell.

I thought it is pretty important that the people around you don't know you're dealing with that stuff, or it will fuck up your magics.
>>
>>19998412
Bullshit.
>>
>western occultism leads to early death and drug-fueled depression
>Bhakti leads to joy detached from wealth, pain and the worries of mundane life
Hmmmm, I wonder which path leads to liberation.
>>
>>19997916
Silent censorship with no explanation.
Who's in charge of that?
Could have told me my post is not to your liking.
Did i breach any rules?
This is the last time you'll see me mingle for the dazzle.
I liked this lounge, till now.

>In the above Etz haChayim, GAME, as Da'at, is not represented, and its absence is conspicuous.
>The reason for this is that GAME is relationally central. By obviating it from the representation,
>we can see how profoundly implicated it is with the other sephirot. Below it, and facilitating the
>further emanations, we see CASH at Tiferet as being further nodal to GAME͛ at Yesod below.
>Derivative of this we see THUG at Hod and RENEGADE at Netzah.
>Propping these up,
>paradoxically both sustaining and created by at the base of the Tree we have BITCH located
>in Malchut.
> page 182

And I heard "Son do you know why I'm stopping you for?"
Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hat's real low
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know
Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo?

--Jay-Z
>>
>>19998430
Man will you please fuck off back to your own fucking thread, once and for all?

I don't come in to spam your thread about the Essential Taste of Self Similarity so kindly take your smugfuck evangelism, and leave.
>>
>>19997916

Is Gnosticism a reaction to or a completely independent tradition from christianity?
Do you see Gnosticism as a strictly dualist belief or is it more balanced?
And how does Gnosticism relate to Paganism (Greek, Egyptian...), Neoplatonism, Manichaeism and Sufism?

It is very difficult to make any headway into the subject since Gnosticism means everything and nothing, and those who today claim themselves "Gnostic" can be proponents of entry-level Gaia New Age McSpirituality as they can be proponents of Evolian neotraditionalism, or even Luciferian/Masonic Illuminism.
>>
>>19998462
Depends on the sect.

>Gnostic" can be proponents of entry-level Gaia New Age McSpirituality as they can be proponents of Evolian neotraditionalism, or even Luciferian/Masonic Illuminism.
All of these people are complete fucking retards.

Read >>19998040
>Kurt Rudolph's "Gnosis the Nature and History of Gnosticism" in my Gnostic studies folder.
>>
>>19998448
I come here to proselytize for YOUR sake, my friend. I want to know, however, why when confronted with opposing views do you feel so threatened?

Is your ego so deeply tied to shaivism?
>>
>>19998475
>feels the need to come where they aren't wanted and aren't needed to literally preach like a Christfag but has the utter gall to tell the person who has asked you literally dozens of times to leave that they're egoist for not wanting the intrusion

Lemme guess, next it's gonna be the line about infinite reincarnations of suffering just like a Christfag and hell.
>>
File: bifurcation.jpg (120 KB, 800x600)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>19998448
you could spam this thread about the essential taste of self similarity though. I'm forever having a moment with that concept.

>>19998475
>why do you find it grating when I repeatedly come to a thread about the occult to tell you about the dAngERouS PaTh of OcCCultiSm and its risk to your Karma jai jai jai
>>
>>19998487
>>19998491
Whatever. Have fun being poor next life.
>>
>>19998500
Called it.
>>
>>19998500
>he does BHAKTI FOR THE MONEY

is this satire
>>
>>19998506
I'm simply informing you of the consequences of your actions. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>19998514

Heh.
>>
>>19998506
It isn't.

>This is what Bania caste actually believes.
>>
>>19998430
kr*shna cuck holocaust when?
>>
Can anyone tell me about Rav Berg? I received a book on "Kabbalistic Astrology" recently. The "Kabbalah Center" imprint didn't impress me but I'm trying to withhold judgement til I read the thing. If anyone can drop any knowledge my way, I will be grateful.
>>
>>19998698
>Kabbalah Center
I've never seen Wisdom coming out of any Kabbalah Center.

That shit's for Madonna and Roseanne Barr.
>>
>that disgusting feel when Thad McCracken replies to you
>>
>>19998701
Any opinion on Bnai Baruch? Seems legit
>>
>>19998016

their take on Gods is str8 up alyum. Destruction of Eridug also very interesting tablet. states the destruction of the major cities by the Gods just before they depart (to Niburu?)

strangely no tablets speak of nephilim hybrid creation that i know of, though this is in the bible and I assume the bible is sourced upon Sumerian myths.
>>
>>19998774
>their take on Gods is str8 up alyum.
>Niburu
~t. Zecharia Sitchin
>>
>>19998462

stems from early Christian sects, however influenced by bhuddists (influenced by hinduism), and by jews, which themselves are influenced by zoroastranis. Ofcourse Catholicism exterminated them and their late revival the Cathars (gnostisicm materialism hatred edition, got so bad they didnt even want to have children because reincarnation is punishment)
>>
>>19998523
wow thank god this is a brand of stupidity i have thus far managed to avoid entirely

>>19998698
you should scan this book so I can read it and finally gain the motivation I need to stab myself in the eye.
>>
>>19998776

well the Gods (annunaki) are very materialistic and create man to quell an uprising of lesser Gods (Igini) after they have dug the earth for 6000 years.

also includes tablets on failed human experiments and the hunting down of an Godess after she tries to hide and save one experiment.
>>
>>19998740
Fuck that guy and fuck his army of facebook yes men

Wannabe L Ron Hubbard ass
>>
>>19998806
Are our allium skydaddies contactable via occult means? It would be cool af to get a first hand account of those events.
>>
>>19998701
>>19998795
So I've heard. Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna read it anyway. I Opened to a random page last night and rad thew first line my eyes lit upon, which was something to the effect of "Abraham, the ancient patriarch, was the first geneticist."

I will keep you updated to supplement your daily supply of whimsy.
>>
>>19998810
I googled him and am getting a bunch of links to some basketball coach's pages? You're not talking about Koetting's friend there are ya?
>>
>>19998806
>hunting down of an Godess after she tries to hide and save one experiment.

is this where the legend of Zeus came from?
>>
>>19998814

I dont know, Athrahasis is best tablet though.
really sad likely 95% is gone
>>
>>19998831
>really sad likely 95% is gone
No, dude. I guarantee you there is some cool shit left in the desert (or some Indiana Jones-tier storage facility).

Is there any that more or less summarizes all these tablets?
>>
>>19998840
any book*
>>
>>19998829

she fashioned one who turned back (?) the light, a man with constantly opened eyes (?). it

>Third, she fashioned one with both feet broken, one with paralysed feet.
She fashioned one, a third one, born as an idiot.

Fourth, she fashioned one who could not hold back his urine. (possessed by Namtar demon?)

Fifth, she fashioned a woman who could not give birth.

Sixth, she fashioned one with neither penis nor vagina on its body

Pour ejaculated semen into a woman's womb, and ...." Ninmah stood by for the newborn ....... and the woman brought forth ...... in the midst ....... In return (?), this was Umul: its head was afflicted, its place of ...... was afflicted, its eyes were afflicted, its neck was afflicted. It could hardly breathe, its ribs were shaky, its lungs were afflicted, its heart was afflicted, its bowels were afflicted. With its hand and its lolling head it could not not put bread into its mouth; its spine and head were dislocated. The weak hips and the shaky feet could not carry (?) it on the field.

>My city is ruined, my house is destroyed, my child has been taken captive. I am a fugitive who has had to leave the E-kur, even I myself could not escape from your hand."
>>
>>19997916
The mystical prayer didn't scan correctly, I can only see it's first page.
>>
File: lisa-05.png (168 KB, 500x382)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>19998855
urgh
>>
I want to do the ritual of solomon today and invoke the "easiest" (as far as i've read) demon Orobas.
How should i go about making him into my servitor?
And is starting with this kind of ritual a suitable start in magik for a beginner?
>>
Okay I'm new and learning from the A.A. resources from Ape's library, I need some clarification on the Equinox, the exercises cool - they are straining and tough, but I'm motivated to do them, the thing that fucks with me is why do I have to go throgh 10 volumes of short poems, stories, plays etc.

What is the magical meaning in this, never been fond of poetry and don't feel I'm gaining any insight from them...
What do you imagine and feel when reading them? Are they supposed to be deeply analyzed or what.
>>
>>19998890

Not a beginner, no. Better to learn some basic ceremonial skills first.
>>
>>19998828
No, just another cunt who writes bad think pieces

>>19998890
>How should i go about making him into my servitor

top kek

>>19998891
you should start memorizing at least the basic elements of 777 and working from there

I find Crowley's stuff to reveal itself with time and effort
>>
>>19998891
Read the replies:
>>19997570
>>
>>19998909
Sorry, that was me again, I wanted a more in-depth reply and explanation why are they important to motivate mne
>>
>>19998903
>I find Crowley's stuff to reveal itself with time and effort
Indeed. Some of it still seems tedious but more and more where I once found tedium I find wisdom or at least information I didn't realize was contained within.
>>
I keep noticing Kaplan referencing "events" from Exodus as if they are historical...am I missing something? There are SO many instances where he references/interprets scripture as being metaphorical, Kabalisticallly encoded wisdom, and the like, I'm just not certain if he's so over my head I'm misunderstanding what he's trying to say, or what. I thought the story of Exodus had been more or less debunked by archaeological discoveries. Can anyone clarify this for me, please?
>>
>>19998430
If you are too blind to realize that the harder you shill your shit, the more you are turning neutral parties into parties that actively oppose you and your system, then there is an issue...perhaps that issue is even a product of the system you follow.

Ever had Jehova's Witnesses or Southern Evangelical Christians harass you on your own property and try to "save your soul"? Because that's EXACTLY what you sound and act like. If that's what you call "enlightenment," and what your religion believes "enlightened" beings do, you can fucking keep it.
>>
>>19998969
>a religion of holocaust deniers
>having the self-reflective capacity to understand their actions are detrimental
Pick one and only one.
>>
Any experiences with shakti beej mantras?
>>
>>19998989
I don't know anything about that particular sect really... I was one of the neutral parties I mention in my post. Everything I have seen from that crowd has turned me off to even wanting to hear what they have to say, though.
>>
>>19997919
I don't see Liber Spirituum here, is it already in the library?
>>
Guys, is this:

>>19996031
Just par for the course now? It seems like everywhere I turn, online or off, THIS is what I see from people who claim to be into "cahos magick." No offense to OP but it seems to be getting out of hand. Is this something that's happening more or am I just more aware of it? I know there are some people on here that have been around longer than me, so please, help a brotha out. What is the meaning of this?
>>
>>19999048
what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>19998989
the jew fears the Vaishnava
>>
>>19999064
Did you read the OP I linked to? Is English your primary language?
>>
>>19999022
Oh, well let me ENLIGHTEN you *tips fedora*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24xBnj6zNzo
>>
>>19997916

No Pistis Sophia (Gnostic text)?
>>
>>19999081
Also, I'm referring to that entire thread...I'm wondering if the majority of people who claim to practice Chaos Magick have ALWAYS been this retarded, or if something has changed to cause it.
>>
>>19999048
>>
>>19999081
yeah i read it. you linked to a retard talking about retarded shit. and then you asked some vague questions. maybe reformulate your thoughts in a way that non-autistic people can understand. unless your question is "is cahos [sic] magick retarded, and are cahos [sic] magicians retarded?" in which case both answers are yes.

ps i speak five languages fluently, so you can suck my chode my dude
>>
>>19999085
Fuck isn't this guy old enough to remember WWII? Clearly, one of the finest logicians of this age.
>>
>>19999105
>so you can suck my chode my dude
if only I could
>>
>>19998462

The roots are Egyptian. The Nag Hammadi texts are basically an expansion of The Corpus Hermeticum (which only throws hints at things that are fully disclosed in the Nag Hammadi texts, such as Jesus, the origin of the Word, the story of how archetypal man appeared in the water to the nature realm, the creation of nature realm, etc.)
>>
>>19999108
>WWII
Clearly yet another Jewish Hoax about Hilter who was in fact a GOOD BOI and DINDU NUFFINS.

Seriously, go into the Krsna thread and ask for a show of hands for how many esoteric hitlerists there are in the house.
>>
>>19999105
Man, I'm sorry my spelling eror threw you off so much. I'm not certain what was so hard to understand about my question if you read what I linked, and saw it positioned within my post the way it is. Can you please specify what the difficulty is, so I'll know for next time? Like, what other possible interpretations could be made, which confused you, and why are you so focused on my spelling error that you had to draw attention to it twice? Just so I can be sure not to be "autistic" next time.
>>
File: 1512343009945.jpg (1.1 MB, 2000x1754)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>19999115
>The Nag Hammadi texts are basically an expansion of The Corpus Hermeticum
I really don't like having to say "man you're fuckin' retarded" so often, but anon, I've got some BAD news.
>>
>>19999124
the spelling error was actually more of a joke but it's good to see youre this salty over something so unimportant. maybe you should get into cahos magick, it sounds right up your alley.
>>
>>19999128
yeah no fucking kidding.
>>
>>19999135
Was you speaking five languages but not being able to understand a question a joke, too. Lemme guess, the whole post was you JUST PRETENDING to be retarded. Man you got me again!
>>
>>19998462
>>19999115

This is why reading The Corpus Hermeticum before tackling the Nag Hammadi library is a great way to go about it. Some of the books in NH dump a lot of names/realms/mythology on you, but having read the Corpus Hermitcum, you'll at least be familiar with the bones of it, starting out. You'll also see a "progression" between CH and NH, and from that you'll get a sense of how Western Esotericism actually evolves as a whole, and how Jesus changed things - took everything further, expanded our understanding of the metaphysics.
>>
>>19999149
the op you linked to is some fucking retard on the internet talking about a gay chaos magick ritual. youre asking if chaos magicians have always been retarded. the answer is mostly yes. theyre a joke. some of the early guys werent but modern ones are just people jacking off onto sigils and acting retarded. i dont know if theyve been retarded for a long time or if theyre more highly represented because of the advent of the internet. your question is unimportant because chaos magicians are little babbies that live in individualistic spheres of unimportance and memes. does that answer your question better?

*unzips pants, pulls out chode*
>>
>>19999135
>salty
And yeah, dude, that's me alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOj3kJKy-_U
>>
>>19999128

>>19999128

Everything in the Hermictum is retold in Nag Hammadi library, but with added details. The Son/Word is the "original" God in the Hermictum, in Nag Hammadi you find out that the Word was created by other, more archetypal "forms of God" ala The Father, Forethought and Barbelo but was then elevated to the status of "main God" because it had everything the Father had + word powers, the ability to create. Then you get the same story of archetypal man's descent into the nature realms (but Hermiticum doesn't include Sophia).
>>
>>19999170
>does that answer your question better?
Yes. My confusion is because some of the Chaos texts I have read seemed very workable and fairly simple in many places, but nothing I the "chaotes" I know do even vaguely resembles what I have come to know as "Chaos Magick." Usually while all the while complaining about
> "MUH Sarah-monials"
and
> "Muh predetermined ritual structure"

Hence my confusion. So thank you
>>
>>19999193

And then there's the fact that the Nag Hammadi library literally CONTAINS the corpus hermitcum and writings of Hermes Trismegustus.
>>
>>19999203
NH contains Asclepius which is but a component of the later collation of the fourteen texts of Corpus Hermeticum starting ca fifteen fuckin' hundred.

>>19999193
You do realize NHL is SIGNIFICANTLY older than CH's compilation, yes?
>>
>>19999236

Content > dates
>>
>>19999236

Still works as an expansion for the reader, so I don't give a fuck when this stuff is dated. How is the corpus so lacking, then? I thought this was meant to be the "foundation."
>>
I wonder what you guys think of a certain event and what it may have meant in our paradigm(s).

When Jacques de Molay, last Grandmaster of the Knights Templar, was burned for alleged heresy he cursed the King (Philip IV of France) and Pope (Clement V) responsible.

They both died within the year , and the rapid succession of Direct Capetian kings ensured until the House was no more.

I haven't found too many candid opinions/thoughts on it—any of yours are welcome.
>>
> acquire bookshelf of occult masterpieces
> see all are in "beginner" section
>>
>>19999265
>How is the corpus so lacking, then?
Um, where, exactly, did I say that?

>I thought this was meant to be the "foundation."
Come to think of it, where did I say this, either?

>>19999255
>>19999265
>"I don't give a wet shit about historical accuracy so I'll just make whatever implications I want and if the people who listen to me make asses of themselves in an academic or expert context and that concerns me zero."
>>
>>19999275
Them's the licks, mate.

>>19999274
I'm too numb from typing to even begin to want to talk about anything Templar related. If you have something truly new and novel, type it up for consumption in the AM, otherwise I'm gonna default to "BS".
>>
>>19999278
says the glorified librarian. Come back when you have a PHD in Roman religious cults.
>>
>>19999296
How many hundreds of thousands of objects from how many cultures does the archive you're employed at in an academic capacity contain, again?
>>
>>19999284

Like I said, I'm just trying to gather different opinions/thoughts regarding the curse in-particular.
>>
>>19999278

Where exactly did I imply that you said any of those things? I'm lamenting because the Corpus Hermiticum, to me, is a piece of shit if it is actually NEWER than the Nag Hammadi library. It's just a straight, dumb, downgrade. I wanted to believe in a lineage of sorts from great Hermes, but now he's just completely forgotten to even have JESUS, post-Jesus, how am I supposed to respect that as esotericism then, in that context?
>>
>>19999278
>if the people who listen to me make asses of themselves in an academic or expert context and that concerns me zero
>~t. Satyr
>>
File: 1509572487568.jpg (194 KB, 1280x800)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>19999338
Grow up.
>>
>>19999338
Hey Franz Bardon was the historical Hermes Trismegistus in a past life...you should talk to that dude.
>>
>>19999339
What you people will never understand about The Satyr is that he sincerely wants nothing more than to be proven wrong when he dismisses you out of hand.

You know what does that? Mystical exegesis. You know what doesn't? Getting buttmad because he's a meanie.
>>
>>19999344
What is the term for what's going on in your pic? "Tipping the tophat" or "tipping the stovepipe" don't quite convey the message properly...
>>
>>19999349

No, you're fine, I'll check out the dates calm down. There's a lot at stake for me in these dates.
>>
>>19999349
>You people
Who you callin' YOU PEOPLE? Nyigga?

>he sincerely wants nothing more than to be proven wrong when he dismisses you out of hand.
I don't doubt that. He seems very sincere to me...based on the older posts he has made. Not sure I would have come to that conclusion if I had only seen his newer posts. Either way, I'm buttmad because he's like an occultist version of my 86 year old grandfather, not because he intersperses his excellent advice with unhelpful assposting or because he belittles people for beingstupid.
>>
>>19998948

Yes, Exodus is refuted by the archaeological record. The events linger as compelling narrative, real enough for occult purposes. Annoys me as well.
>>
>>19999364
Asclepius and Poimandres (iirc) are old as dogshit and contemporary with Neoplatonism.

The vast majority of materials come from about 4-500, with the Tablet and other bits coming from as old as 10-1100 via the Islamic Illuminationist period(s).

Meanwhle, some of the NHL is older than most Christfag apologists give credit for. The Coptic Gospels (Thomas, Phillip, Truth) are all PROBABLY ca 90-110, and only just a cunthair later than the Synoptics.
>>
THanks OP for sharing. Do you practice magick and can you comment in my thread about what do entitites summoned actually appear like?
>>
>>19999370
Thank you. It irked the living shit out of me. The guy didn't strike me as one to ignore things like that, so perhaps he uses the phrasings he does (or rather, DID) for illustrative purposes?
>>
>>19999397
Well, that also brings up the spectre of what, exactly, the truth under Exodus actually is.

A nation of Jews in slavery from the first Egyptian expansion into the Levant? Yeah, no, probably not.

However, a modest network of private generally Canaanite contractors in a series of petty disputes over labor and material costs? Probably more likely than your usual Biblical critic would have you think and there's actually a wee bit of archaeological backbone to this idea.
>>
>>19999409
Well stroke my pickle and call me a dill-dough! Are there any good books or write-ups of any sort on this matter?
>>
>>19999379

What about the Tripartite Tractate and Secret Book of John?
>>
>>19999433
Probably ca 250.
Before 180 so it's earlier in the middle-late Gnostic explosion than many Christfags would have you believe (but this one generally gets honest dating).
>>
>>19999449

Where should I go after Mead? Hoeller seems a bit like a downgrade.
>>
>>19999411
Finds may take a bit, if I can even remember the magic combination of keywords that brought me to this implied result. IIRC we've found Canaanite artifacts occasionally in work quarters. Not near enough to imply population moves, not likely trade, some may have been personal items, etc., but I'm pulling up a blank.

>>19999478
For what, Hermetica, or Gnostica?
If you haven't read Chalean Oracles get on that.
If not go academic, that or Greek Magical Papyrus
>>
I am a beacon of knowledge,blazing out across a black sea of ignorance.
>>
For either.

Those two should do, thank you.
>>
>>19999199
Chaos magick is very simple and workable but it can turn into a weird postmodern mish mash of shit that requires mental gymnastics to try to reconcile. Most chaotes are tools.
>>
I took a shit in the woods and it turned into fairies. Am I a wizard?
>>
>>19999349
>he sincerely wants nothing more than to be proven wrong when he dismisses you out of hand.
Nope.

He makes statements like "most people dissipate in death" and then provides no reason for why he believes that. When people seek answers, not out of staunch disagreement but out of curiosity, he or his sycophants get mad.
>>
What are your opinions of the unicorn? I'm currently contemplating it and have a few quick relationships I found interesting.

Firm: golden, splendor, earthen , holy, phallic, pure, regal, magestic. Etc, list goes on around those types of things and synonyms.
Unsure: Jupiter, fatherly, statist, bureaucratic, the sun, animalistic.

These are just a few relations I've seen. It's a part of a greater set of relatives between elements, worlds of emanation from Qabalah, animals, god-animals, etc.

A few other quick relations non unicorny. Dragon / reptilian / snakes / flame. Aquatics / water / leviathan / whale / porpoises.

I'm actually really stumped on a good enough mystical animal for avians. I suppose gryphons but it doesn't feel like enough. But what you see here is almost a tier list (not totally fleshed out or finalized yet) where the dragon is like the archangel, angels as snakes maybe, and mundane chakra fuck if I know for Assiah.
>>
File: IMG_20171206_215851_1.jpg (1.65 MB, 3036x4048)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>19999944
A poem on Unicornus titled Horny Lord.

Yo ho, Unicornus!
Thy splendor cornucopia.
But oh, pride so copious,
shalt'old your utopia.
>>
I'm baptized, confirmed and took the Eucharist.

Will I be hindered in any way
>>
what is the name of god I should use in divination?

I'm talking highest power of all powers, the one whose power all gods powers stem from
>>
>>20000134
kek
>>
>>20000139
Are you telling him to call upon Kek or laughing at his question?
>>
>>20000070
No, for it was your path to be.
>>
Can magick patch up the hole in my heart that causes >tfwnogf?? I don't want sex nor do I want a gf.

I just want the feels to go away.
>>
>>20000407

General self-improvement will do that.
>>
>>19999870
>He makes statements like "most people dissipate in death" and then provides no reason for why he believes that
Gurdjeff comes to mind.
And pretty much most traditions talking about the importance of the Higher Self, and the shittiness of the ego, at least seem to imply that.
>>
File: neighbor....jpg (24 KB, 500x375)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Anyone got any interesting infographics?
>>
File: 1501155206574.jpg (62 KB, 480x480)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>20000548
Perhaps, but I've never taken the time to peruse them so they're probably shit.

Which reminds me. Guy who transcribed the Secrets of Albertus Magnus, here. Still not entirely happy with the work, kind of wanting to go back and review for further accuracy, but... given that I have a lot of time on my hands (and probably autism), I'm wondering if there are any other books anyone thinks need to be transcribed from PDFs for clarity. I've noticed some I've gotten from Archive.org which tend to have screwy (probably automatic) transcriptions to epub format, and was wondering if anyone would want me to give anything there or elsewhere a shot.

I can't even remember what service I used to upload it though. Damn.
>>
>>20000262
That's deep, I like it
>>
Does anyone know any weather spells or rituals that help influence the weather? I only know one and it's for rain. I would like snow.
>>
Got any advice for achieving astral projection, I can produce rocking sensations with my eyes and thoughts but have never been able to achieve it
>>
>>20000134
-

>>20000407
Make a tulpa.
>>
>>19998448
>Essential Taste of Self Similarity

If it's your heartfelt vocation to educate the users of 4chan in matters relating to global esoteric currents throughout the historical span of mankind since the initial development of religious conceptions among hominids, it is advised to use academically correct terms like "samarasa", "ekarasa", and "sahaja,"

The semantic combination "Essential Taste of Self Similarity" yields zero results that relevant to this soteriological and metaphysical concept of Hindu Tantric Traditions and Vajrayana as explained in the appropriate scriptures and their local and international academic exegesis, therefore its use betrays dishonesty on the part of someone whose visible ethos is education and intellectual enlightenment of the 4chan community because the anonymous persons inquiring into the meaning of the spiritual metaphor via the Internet Engine search Google would not get their question answered.
>>
File: checkoutthebigbrain.jpg (47 KB, 719x379)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20001387
>>
>>20001387
>"Essential Taste of Self Similarity" yields zero results that relevant to this soteriological and metaphysical concept of Hindu Tantric Traditions and Vajrayana as explained in the appropriate scriptures and their local and international academic exegesis,
Maybe go read through Hevajra Tantra again.
>>
is there an occult secret or spell to get over heartbreak?
>>
>>19999870
I mean, if we think about what the "self" (in the colloquial sense) and "ego" are, it's hard to imagine it any other way the more one contemplates it. However, I too would like him to expand on some of the statements he makes.
>>
>>19999353
honestly im pretty sure thats what enlightenment looks like
>>
>>19999944
I thought Unicorn was in one of the columns of 777 but I guess not.

Page 218 of Complete Magician's Tables should have the correspondences you're looking for, though:

http://docshare02.docshare.tips/files/17535/175359454.pdf
>>
>>20001213
Here's one technique:
http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Rising_on_the_Planes

It seems that different techniques have various levels of efficacy for different people. I'm not really sure why that is.
Likely the best thing to do is experiment until you find the one that works best for you.
>>
>>20000134
literally God. not christian God necessarily, but that is it. if you really need a name try something like Yaweh or Dyeus
>>
>>20001387
Luckily, most of those who come here for information follow the threads, rather than just cherry picking what they want to get most buttblasted about at a given moment.
>>19995428
>>
>>20001995
>I'm not really sure why that is.
Probably because it's difficult to blur the border between body spatial sensory awareness and the ability to map external locations. OBE studies show us that these two regions are literally right next to each other in the brain.
>>
Doe anyone know why I keep seeing "AGLA" broken down as "Ateh Gibor Le-Olahm, Amen" then translated as "Though art mighty forever, my Lord"? Wouldn't that translation be "Ateh Gibor Le-Olahm Adonai"?
>>
>>20002019
Hmmm interdasting. Do you have any info on what causes the issue of not being able to turn 360 degrees in one direction or another, for some folks starting out?
>>
>>19999870

Glad it annoys you.

>>20001728

Acceptance.
>>
Dear Anons of /omg/

What would be the best (Lemegeton) spirit to evoke to help someone dear to me with matters pertaining to their mental health? I don't expect to summon the spirit and just have the issues go away...but this person is and has been trying a whole range of techniques and treatments since youth, ranging from medication and counseling to yoga and working out, for years, and if I can somehow facilitate or expedite her healing process in any way, in light of the fact that I truly believe she is doing and has done everything within her power to help herself, it would mean a lot.

The primary issues are intense, crippling bouts of anxiety and periods of depression.

There are a few spirits in the Goetia that are supposed to help with medical issues but I was hoping someone with extensive knowledge and practical experience could help me out a bit? I'm not new to evocation, but still pretty inexperienced (this would be only my 3rd evocation of a Spirit from the Goetia).

Thank you.
>>
>>20002021

Where are you seeing this? Supposed to be Adonai.
>>
>>20002026

Possibly due to the fact that their eyes won't swivel 360°.

>>20002091

Why Lemegeton?
>>
>>20002097
Tyson's Intro to Enochian, and one or two other books. I wanna say Middle Pillar but I'm probably wrong on that. I'll have to look when I get home.
>>
>>20002019
Hey Ape, can you please help me in finding the exchange between Aquino and Regardie that you mentioned the other day, RE: someone talking BS around those that know better, and trying to pass it off as legit? If nothing else it will at least be entertaining...not that I need my hand held, but I sure would appreciate a pointer
>>
>>20002107

Tyson should have a warning label. Anyway, he and the rest are simply wrong.
>>
>>20002114
Beginner's folder, "Mike Aquino Church of Satan histories", page 97.
>>
>>20002105
>Why Lemegeton?
Well, it doesn't have to be really. That's just the system I'm most familiar with at the moment. I certainly don't want to limit myself, but I figured it would be more manageable...At the moment this doesn't appear to be incredibly time sensitive, but I do worry that something (I don't want to speculate *what*) could come up in the meantime
>>
>>20002121
Ah, that hand is so soft and smooth. Thnks bby :-*
>>
>>20002115
Ha. Ok, thanks. I thought maybe it was supposed to be a minor blind or something, but I couldn't divine a purpose behind such a thing in this case
>>
>>20001387
Your elaborate vocabulary notwithstanding, his “heartfelt vocation” at that moment was to talk shit to that fake Hindu, js

>>20001158
Worst case you can just do the rain one when it’s below freezing

>>20002019
which regions?
>>
>>20002019
Do you know if they are close to haptic perception areas?
>>
>>20002123

If you are familiar with Lemegeton, why ask us?

>>20002131

It's just a mistake. Blinds are over hyped. Occultists as a class are no brighter than the rest. Half are dumber than average and a significant fraction of the rest are cracked pots.
>>
>>20002151
>"Why ask us?"
>>20002091

>"There are a few spirits in the Goetia that are supposed to help with medical issues but I was hoping someone with extensive knowledge and practical experience could help me out a bit? I'm not new to evocation, but still pretty inexperienced (this would be only my 3rd evocation of a Spirit from the Goetia)."

I had been led to believe that there were some pretty advanced practitioners here, you and Ape being two of them. This is the most serious matter I have yet tried to deal with via evocation (also the only one pertaining to anyone's health), and I thought perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself, and with extensive practical experience would be willing to fill in any gaps if they noticed any.
>>
>>20002191

I don't fuck around with the Goetia. I'm just not the demonic type. I worked with some Goets out of necessity, not choice.
>>
>>20002191
>>20002191
>would be willing to fill in any gaps if they noticed any.
Pardon. What I'm asking for is which spirit would be most suitable, IDK why I typed the above sentence at all to be honest.

Anyway, it just seemed reasonable to try and find someone who had worked with a variety of the entities, thinking that would put them in a better position to recommend the one best suited for my purpose. Psychology wasn't really a thing when the Lemegeton came out so I'm not certain whether the spirit you would evoke to assist in physical illnesses is necessarily the spirit you would evoke to assist with psychological illnesses. As I said, I'm pretty inexperienced but there's only one way to fix that. And this person means a lot to me. A LOT.
>>
How does /omg/ plan to deal with the inevitable alien invasion?
>>
>>20002201
Not so long ago you were talking about the "extensive" work you had done with Paimon...or "The Pie-Man," as you called him.

>"Worked with out of necessity"
I can dig, but when you say shit like
>"I don't fuck around with the Goetia"

after having seen other things you have said elsewhere, it's hard to know what to believe.
>>
>>20002201
So other than "Learn Enochian" (which I am in the slow process of doing), do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

This is the first time I've ever contemplated summoning for such a serious matter regarding someone so dear to me, and I was debating for a couple of days whether I should even ask anyone here or just make the best of the info in the Grimoire itself
>>
>>20002214

What you want is an angel, maybe an archangel.

>>20002216

Laugh at the believers.

>>20002218

Indeed I was. And I do have extensive experience with the Pie Man. It's just one of the reasons I have no particular use for the Goetia.
>>
>>20002218
I would be totally fine with his attention seeking faggotry IF he actually laid out and made a case for what he believes. Instead he wants you to milk his peen for increasingly vague statements.
>>
>>20002234

Learn ceremonial work. Start with the elements and work towards the planets. You can do this within or without the Enochian paradigm. Just practicing the LRP every day will help, since it will bring you in contact with the archangel of healing.

>>20002241

I think you're a spoiled brat and should not be indulged.
>>
>>20002259
>still searching for validation from anons
Just buy a hooker dude.
>>
>>20002259
Thanks. I do LBRP/LIRP and MP pretty much every day, except for the last month or so. I've got to re-establish my ritual schedule. For some reason I dropped Resh a couple months ago too. I convinced myself that being in a difficult living situation was a reasonable excuse for not maintaining the ritual schedule that had done so much for me. IDK what's wrong with me dude.
>>
Opinions on Freemasonry?
>>
>>20002285

Nothing wrong with you. We all suffer ups and downs in our practice. Hatha yoga helps stabilize things.

Just get back to work like your life depends on it.
>>
>>19998448
No wanting to be impolite but as you show up in multiple threads in addition to /omg/ you can really tell others to leave can you? I mean you can but it just sounds/comes across as hypocritical especially when you refuse to leave when others ask you to go.

Again not trying to be rude, just saying.
>>
>>20002327
Man I wanted to say I appreciate you, bruh, not even same anon.
>>
>>19998890
you should probably get some experience with others things first before jumping straight to the goetia but its you choice ultimately, just be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Good luck
>>
>>20002385

Whining suits you.
>>
>>20002141
https://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=335610799325729;res=E-LIBRARY
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7cba/8380970e94085fdaec22ccbb7ded78b74a71.pdf
https://academic.oup.com/brain/article/127/2/243/347826
>>
>>19999367
Both Satyr and Ape do that, I can kind of understand it, after all being asked stupid questions all the time must get old very quickly but they set themselves up to answer questions on this site, no one forced them to do so and no one forces them to put up with people they consider stupid, all they have to do is say they don't want to answer any more questions and people will stop trying to contact them.
>>19999370
Why don't you ask your echonian angels friends for the answers? Afterall they'd know. This isn't intended as a serious question by the way just a joke.
>>
>>20002201
I thought in one thread you said you used Paimon (who you referred to as PIe Man)or at least had knowledge of him, or was that someone else, I did think it odd that someone into Echonian Magic and a Christian would mix it with the Goetic spirits. Maybe I mistook you for some other trip.
>>
>>20002417
Thanks Satyr your post was very significant and insightful for me.

I do
love to complain.
>>
>>20002440

Already have the answers. They've kept me pretty well informed.

>>20002471

Yep. I have extensive experience with the Pie Man. It's part of why I have no use for the Goetia or demons in general.
>>
>>20002488
Does Echonian and the Goetia mix well then?

Just asking because one is meant to be angelic and the other is often said to be demonic, I wouldn't have thought the two mix well but clearly you seem to have good results so it must or at the very least the angels don't mind someone who mixes with the otherside as it were.
>>
that whole database was compiled by /fringe/ credits go to the wizards over there
>>
>>20002504
By database you mean the MEGA library don't you
I
thought the Ape of Thoth assembled it, I've never seen him say anything nice about fringe, I think once he made a death camp joke about it

so I don't think he took anything from that website anon unless you have some sort of evidence or proof to back up your claim?
>>
>>20002488
You've discussed the bible with Angels? They told you that parts of it are wrong?
Heresy of the highest order! Guards!
We must inform the magerstirum at once!

Just kidding.
>>
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/mithraic-mysteries

From Jake Stratton Kent:
>interesting take on astrotheology and precession (summat modern 'hierophants' have been failing at for decades, minimum)
>>
>>20002501

I wouldn't say they mix that well. All the Goets are in the Enochian universe, somewhere, if you know where to look, because it's a comprehensive model of the cosmos. That doesn't change the nature of the Goets.

>>20002504

Heh.

>>20002530

Who truly appreciates heresy as much as an angel?
>>
>>20002504
That's a fucking lie.

>>20002518
I did assemble it, starting with Occult Carrot and the Soulseek LHP file, then expanding with personal scans and stuff like the Yorke Micorfilm digitization, and I can turn off everyone's access (including /fringe/'s) in the blink of an eye if I felt like it.

Why else do you think I'm adding files into it you dimwitted fuckhole?
>>
>>20002241
He has been like this for months I doubt he will change because you attempt to shame him into behaving in a manner you would like.

If you dislike him this much just filter his posts or ignore him.
>>
>>20002569
First known link to my collection on the archive, from my first link:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/12807115/#12807878

First use of the new link when I reactivated:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15993773/#15995721
>>
>>20002580
And before anyone even asks or implies.
>>
>>20002569
if this is Ape why are you calling me dim-witted?

I think my post was defended you and now you just snap at me?

I really don't understand what part of 'Ape made it, it has nothing to do with /fringe/' annoyed you or upset you or triggered such a response.

Sometimes your impossible to talk to, I can never tell what little remark with set you off
>>
>>20002580

Interesting how the croakers attack your strengths. Karl Rove made the technique famous in his day.
>>
>>20002590
so he took something from you without asking for permission? Right I think i understand now. That would annoy me as well.
>>
>>20002580
Its funny how some people stay the same -- in the link Satyr and Ape still posts just like they do now.

Nothing really changes does it?
>>
>>20002591
Intended for >>20002504 but didn't keep the backlink on edit.
>>
>>20002687
0h ok was just wonder is all

Also is it just me or has the conversations in here ground to a halt?
>>
>>20002720

They're being jammed pretty hard. /omg/ is at cross-purposes with /x/.
>>
>>20002728
>/omg/ is at cross-purposes with /x/
Could you expound on this a bit, please?
>>
>>20002327
>Just get back to work like your life depends on it.
That phrasing really struck me. Time to get back to Work I suppose! Thanks.
>>
>>20002306
It seems to work well for them, if the same is true for you, you will only know by giving it a try.
>>
If you would be in flawed universe of demiurge why would gnostic writings be allowed on internet?

How did you get here then? Walking in real world and demiurge threw blanket over your eyes?

Www.theforbiddenreligion.com

Gnosticism is to manipulate for a certain script
>>
>>20002471
>>20002218
>>20002239
THEN
>>20002471

Like, really? Did ya read ANY of the thread ?
>>
>>20002569
>and I can turn off everyone's access (including /fringe/'s) in the blink of an eye if I felt like it.
Ah. Maybe the torrent shit people created was worth something, after all, despite all the shortcomings.
>>
>>20002844

/x/ is about weaponized bullshit, about keeping people ignorant and dependent. /omg/ pushes self-empowerment, standing on your own two feet and realizing your full potential.
>>
>>20003121
Different anon here...do you ascribe any validity to the claim of /x/ and 4chan in general being ''infiltrated" for such purposes as you mentioned? Or do you think those are merely symptoms due to the nature of the site?
>>
>>20002592
>"croakers"
Junk-prescribing doctors?
>>
>>20003121
>/omg/ pushes self-empowerment, standing on your own two feet and realizing your full potential.
top-tier delusional
>>
>>20003131

They are being used, if that's what you mean.

>>20003137

Demons.

>>20003138

I expected no less from you. Thanks for illustrating my point.
>>
Betz summarizes his studies on the magical papyri with, "Magic is the art that makes people who practice it feel better rather than worse, that provides the illusion of security to the insecure, the feeling of help to the helpless, and the comfort of hope to the hopeless. Of course, it is all deception. But who can endure naked reality, especially when there is a way to avoid it? This is why magic has worked and continues to work, no matter what the evidence may be. Those whose lives depend on deception and delusion and those who provide them have formed a truly indissoluble symbiosis. Magic makes an unmanageable life manageable for those who believe in it, and a profession profitable for those who practice the art."

(Hans Dieter Betz)

Holy assblasted buttmadness. What's this guy's deal? Seems like perhaps he would have wanted to have some practical experience before taking such adamant stances with such gravity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Magical_Papyri#cite_note-Betz-3
>>
>>20003205
s/magic/religion/ and it's just the same old speech fedoraposters always trot out
>>
Warning: these ebooks might be of interest to somebody; most likely not.
I'm posting them here for whoever wants them; I have seen some files I posted here only appearing in other places.
Anyway, sharing is caring.

* Encyclopedia of Demons in World Religions and Cultures
* Encyclopedia of Giants and Humanoids in Myth, Legend and Folklore
* Encyclopedia of Spirits and Ghosts in World Mythology
* Encyclopedia of Vampire Mythology

All four by author Theresa Bane

http://web.archive.org/web/20171207220550/https://a.uguu.se/brSalY6YXnUq_Encyclopedias.zip
>>
>>20000725
I think you used dropbox? That's def what I suggested at the time
>>
Do you guys have anything about Hausos/Ushas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausos

Any occult books related?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPZ6u6MCdnk
>>
Since it was posted, can someone please tell mewhat the implications are, here:

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15993773/#15996415

>"Iesod deals with Malkuthian matters.
>Tiphareth with Divine."
Is this implying Goetic evocation occurs in Yesod and Enochian operations occur in Tifaret? Or what IS it implying? I have been reading thru that thread and this is the nut I'm having trouble cracking. Thanks
>>
>>20003611

Enochian operates from top to bottom, but the controlling entities operate from Binah.

Goetia is Malkuth and lower.
>>
Heaven = Meaning
Earth = Facts
>>
>>20003636
>the controlling entities operate from Binah

I WAS TOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

And the implications of my visions went much further than Binah, into no-space.
>>
>>20003644

You were mislead.
>>
There is X

There is an illusion of not-X

There is a sequencial succession of X and illlusion-of-not-X, therefore there is Time and there is Energy.

There are specific sequences of X and illusion-of-not-X, therefore in short we can call them A, B, C...ad infinitum

Behold, The World!
>>
>>20003674
and also, the Simulation.
Same thing.
>>
>>20003636
Word. I was rather certain Goetia is =/< Malkuth (despite what Poke Runyon seems to think), but I wasn't quite certain of the Enochian operations. I've got to remember to ask more questions like this on here instead of asking the fuckheads I know irl
>>
>>20003654
Perhaps.

I feel like it's a matter of definitions. I've always understood Binah to be the "memory" of matter, the moment-to-moment status quo as it were - not sure how you define it in your practice, perhaps that's where the disagreement lies.

Anyhow, if I were to go by my visions, I'd say whatever's "controlling" operates from the position of a massive lattice of infinitesimal forces.

I'm not super-great at assigning arbitrary meaning in this way, so I'd assume somewhere between radiation and matter?

>>20003674
Get your head out of your ass.
>>
Even the deaf can hear the One True Sound.
>>
Even the blind can see the One True Light.
>>
You finally know, that's it!
But then, a mosquito bites the flesh.
The world crumbles.
>>
The Wise King doesn't look at his Kingdom. He always gazes beyond the Horizon.
>>
Does being on nofap enhance your magic operations?
>>
>>20003777
The Beast is yours to serve as you will, but be careful not to be otherwise.
>>
>>20003768
>>>/lit/
>>
Yesterday I submerged myself,
Into the depths of a Lake,
Made of Imaginary Numbers.
>>
Sorry for some shameless thread promotion, but I think most people here will find these threads interesting.

Here's a thread about Transcendentalism >>19993949

And here's a thread about NeoPlatonism >>20002251
>>
>>20003855
I could groove on Neoplatonism but I think Transcendence is garbage, at least on the monistic or dualist sense. There is no "here" or "there", only "now" and how intensely we perceive it.
>>
>>19997916
>https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
Do you have that book that's like "Umbra Viridis" a book on plants? I would be happy just to know the name of the book, to be honest.
>>
>>20003695

Archangels control most everything in Enochian. The gods are above those, but the archs are still the sole mediators.

Same down here, really. AA is 8=3 and above.

>>20003777

It can, especially if you are practicing sex magic.
>>
>" A great deal of the confusion that arises in all these questions, and grows constantly worse as fellow-students talk them over—the blind leading the blind—is because they have no idea of the necessity of defining their terms."

>"the necessity of defining their terms"

A-fucking-men. This seems to be one of the largest points of contention in my life between myself and another right now...I blame the New Age movement but I'm sure there's more to it than that and I'm giving it a superficial examination.
>>
>>20003861
>There is no "here" or "there", only "now" and how intensely we perceive it.

Can you elaborate your views on this, I recently started fucking with the now and I'm loving it, but I'm wondering what are its inner workings and how come it gets you in the zone so instantly
>>
>>20003961
Also, how is the now in the past and future differentiated from the "now" now?
>>
>>20003961
U Wot?
>>
>>20003959

It's a big part of why we insist on folks reading a set list of books. If we're going to talk intelligibly, we need to be speaking the same language.
>>
>>20003878
>Umbra Viridis" a book on plants
Go to my Chumbley>CS folder. It's Viridarium Umbris.

>>20003961
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/The_Diamond_Sutra.pdf
>>
>>20004035
Ha... I WISH you could have the conversation I've been having with said individual, and hear the response they would give you. I'm right on the verge of giving up on trying to have such discussions with this individual, because apparently the fact that individual perception and personal interpretation color everything means that we shouldn't even TRY to agree on definitions and usages of terms, LET ALONE subscribe to the idea that certain series of pre-determined events can effect consistent outcomes, as a result of the specific techniques used! (according to this person)

Sorry if this reads like a schizo episode. That's my rant for the day.
>>
>>20004067

That's quite all right and entirely understandable.
>>
Is edging really all it's hyped up to be in spiritual terms? Am I gonna get enlightened by not cumming?
>>
>>20000725
The Troll Cross is a modern creation. There's no evidence of it's use by 'early Scandinavians' and it really didn't see use until the 90's when someone made it as jewelry to sell to tourists. Believe in its efficacy all you want, it will probably still work, but just wanted to get the facts straight.
>>
File: 71964[1].jpg (57 KB, 358x535)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>20003205
That's honestly not a terrible description of a lot of Magicians I have met. Frauds serve an important purpose

>>20004108
Edging makes you great at orgasm control. You may get the enlightenment that comes with the realization that you have a lot more control over the autonomic aspects of your body than you ever thought you did.
>>
>>20003963
I’d say that the body is the main culprit if you want the cause of the apparent distinction between past, present and future. The phenomenon of “the present” is caused by the structure of your physical form because the present is the “frame rate” of perception, like the rate at which you can perceive the moment dictated by your consciousness and perceptive apparatus (I.e the body). Through meditation I think you can expand the rate, letting it widen so you’re not stuck in such a ...small space, if you know what I mean. That’s why pranayama is my favorite style of yoga in that as the breath expands i feel like it expands that rate of perception, so you get like a widening pool of the present. Sorry for the weedlmaorant
>>
>>20004446
>frauds
They're only frauds until they and the people they are working with realize that all of reality is illusory anyway and magic is simply picking the illusion you live in.
>>
Isn't magick just larping and really just psychology and pseudoscience?

If instead of chanting weird words you made random noises it would make no difference at all
>>
>>20004446
>"Of course, it is all deception"
>That's honestly not a terrible description of a lot of Magicians I have met.

That's discouraging
>>
Did Crowley , Jack Parsons and the US government do an occult ritual involving the atomic bomb to bring decadence into the world?
>>
>>20004483
No. And no. But it can be if you want it to be...there's plenty of room in the snowflake-sphere of dilettante "chaotes"
>>
File: 352[1].jpg (102 KB, 391x535)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>20004469
thus why $cientology is both a money laundering scheme and a contemporary corporate mystery school with actual mysteries

the line between fraudulence and authenticity is pretty subjective, until it isn't

>>20004483
case in point

why don't you try it and report back. Chaos Magicians used to replace the names of deific figures in rituals with combinations of vowels
>>
Was Disney a magician?
>>
>>20004506
>$cientology
I have no problem with it being a money laundering scheme, hell all of western civilization is some kind of monetary scam, whatever more power to them. I don't have a problem with their somewhat 'different' mysticism, mysteries and mythology, it's not the weirdest shit out there and it's not particularly offensive to my sensibilities or anything. Something about it turns me off, but to be fair, no more than a lot of new-age fluffy or re-constructionist nonsense. So, more power to them I guess, maybe get that whole 'killing people' thing under control. Also the forced separation from friends and family who don't practice is kind of distasteful and clumsy.
>>
>>20004483
I mean, it’s all the same if you’re so balls deep into post-modernism that you don’t think distinct things carry distinct meanings...
>>
Practical question: How do I go back to shitposting about magick and making random, hilarious, and probably incorrect associations between things now that something very painful and exciting has happened which destroyed my life.
>>
>>20004554
Where's the meaning in memorizing words from a language you don't even understand from some archaic 2000 year old civilization
>>
>>20004488
Don't be discouraged anon

Betz is making an argument from a position that is as delusional as the claims of the most egotistical faith healer

that there is a "naked reality" to be crushed by

Many mystical schools of thought look down on the practice of Magic not because it is a silly delusion but because it is a delusion that (often) does not cure the ultimate delusion, that which we term reality, selfhood, perception

I'm not so Manichean in my understanding of the world, but I can see their point. People who use these tools to optimize their material position often get trapped by what their "ideal" life looks like, is all I'm saying.

E.A Koetting is a great example of what I'm talking about
>>
>>20004506
>the line between fraudulence and authenticity is pretty subjective, until it isn't
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it
>>
>>20004570
>Betz
Well, unfortunately for us, Betz is one of the few people doing actual work on the GMP.

And frankly, he may be right about the /fringe/ faction in that Eco-ian sense. I just don't think he's right about the Aquinos and Stratton-Kents of the world.

>E.A Koetting is a great example of what I'm talking about
/pol/ is too, really, and not even in a political sense.
>>
>>20004554
>you don’t think distinct things carry distinct meanings...
Do they?

>>20004564
Where's the meaning in memorizing words from a language you do understand from a modern society? Why memorize words from a dead language? Whats the meaning in memorizing words at all?
>>
>>20004564
well a) you theoretically assign them a degree of authority. B) I think that possible that phonemes in and of themselves carry meaning, maybe not objectively but at the very least they could have aesthetic associations
>>
>>20004586
>do they?

I mean yeah I think they do, if not innately due to their essential nature, then instead due almost to habit, like grooves worn in the fabric of reality from use.
>>
>>20004586
When you understand a language while also asigning a societal value to words in that language your brain makes more neural connections when thinking about those words, as they involve concepts that you actually understand and process as opposed to just spouting some kike bullshit
>>
File: 5442230219_fb8df31b08_b.jpg (107 KB, 1024x576)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>20004586
>Why memorize words from a dead language?
Why do anything?
>>
>>20004597
I'm interested in this subject so please don't take my Socratic questioning here as trolling, I'm curious about your opinion.

Do you believe that these meanings are subjective or objective? A piece of jewelry may mean one thing to one person and another to someone else, they're both right without any context from one another, or within their own closed system aren't they?
>>
Can you teach an AI to do magick?
>>
I have a question about a passage from a Crowley text I'm reading-- I want to know, is he describing "crossing the abyss" here or something different? It's hard for me to tell. Worth mentioning that he associates it with Sañña and Pratyahara.

"The methods for obtain success in this matter are far more formidable than those previously sufficient. The whole mind must be intended for long unbroken periods, concentrated absolutely upon its own working until this becomes normal to it, when the state called Pratyahara is attained. The first result will be its resolution into disconnected impressions. Following this may occur a terrible experience; the consciousness of the disconnectedness of all phenomena, and of the units of consciousness of the observer. Both the Universe and the Self are insane. The mind may become a total blank, the only relief (strange as it sounds) being the all but intolerable mental agony of the consciousness. This agony, belonging to the lower stage of Vedana, is the drag, ever pulling back the mystic as he endeavours to break down the blackness of his insanity. Yet the unity of its anguish is the proof of its Selfhood, and the earnest of its resurrection from the abyss. Such a mystic state may last through several days, perhaps through weeks. I should not care to assert limitations. The slightest error in the process would almost certainly result in permanent and hopeless melancholia; suicide might be the most fortunate termination."
>>
>>20004610
>Do you believe that these meanings are subjective or objective?
Man that's such a BS question.
Meaning, as in the concept of meaning, is a FAIRLY objective phenomenon. Individual meaningS are subjective af.

This shit is existential phenomenology 101. Get over the nihilism hump and start MAKING meaning instead of just being blindsided by what it even is.

Only a quasi literate hunchbrain is gonna read something like Nietzsche and begin to endorse the epistemological position of nihilism.
>>
>>20004620

A true AI? Sure. Unfortunately they don't exist yet. Peter Carroll once said that when true AI is invented, Baphomet will have to be depicted with machine components as well as human and animal components.
>>
>>20004606
>your brain makes more neural connections when thinking about those words
Do you know for a fact that that's actually true? And even if it is, could you not assign those meanings and values to any given vocal sound? Is it required to have shared meaning by the people around you?

If I use a nonsense word that I understand completely, that you have no context for, that doesn't make it mean less to me.

>some kike bullshit
prime example, this phrase means very different things to you than it might to others, does that devalue its meaning to either party?

>>20004608
I'm not sure, do you have an opinion?

>>20004627
>start MAKING meaning instead of just being blindsided by what it even is.
Yeah that's kind of where I'm going with this. Condescension is a less sexy methodology though.
>>
File: 96[1].jpg (107 KB, 394x535)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>20004586
>muh liberation of signs
>>20004573
this is why intellectual discussions about magick and mysticism are often difficult and annoying, I think

Knowing something in the sense of the Powers of the Sphinx is on a different level that is hard to communicate. I think people have the same revelations Prophets do all the time it's just hard to turn that into something grounded and communicable.
>>20004627
>Only a quasi literate hunchbrain is gonna read something like Nietzsche and begin to endorse the epistemological position of nihilism.

too bad like 99 percent of people who read Nietzsche are quasi literate hunchbrains
>>
>>20004610
It’s very difficult to say. I think that it’s possible that the information from both those experiences is somehow intertwined with the piece of jewelry. Like it’s nature contains both those experiences, so objective from whose point of view. If you had like a god’s eye view then I think you could say that it objectively contains one meaning, and that meaning can be defined as simply “as it is.” But can Jenny’s experience with the object be sympathetically affected by mary’s experience with the object? It’s hard to say. I would hazard to say “subtly.”
>>
>>20004622
Not the abyss, more likely than anything it's Samadhi. He says so in the previous paragraph...though the Keynes reference inherently tells you that these are the lines of phenomenology which brought about Liber OS Abysmi vel Daath, and requirements to the grade of MT are a mastery of Samadhi.

If you want to know why he's linking this with perception and disposition, go read Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception.
>>
>>20004643
>read Nietzsche
You forgot to put a bunch of quotes around "read" because for all the times I see "God is dead" quoted, I rarely, if ever, see the rest of the passage cited:

“ ... How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? ***What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent?*** ... "

Emphasis mine.
>>
>>20004652
That's about how I see it too, both the information being somehow intertwined and its nature containing both, and the 'subtle' effects both subjective viewpoints can have on one another and the objective meaning.

Thank you for that reply.
>>
>>20004653
>Keynes reference
https://ia802205.us.archive.org/24/items/studiesandexerci029427mbp/studiesandexerci029427mbp.pdf

Have pen and paper ready.
>>
>>20004669
https://books.google.com/books/about/Richard_Taylor_s_fatalism_and_the_Semant.html?id=okv2SAAACAAJ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Tortoise_Said_to_Achilles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach

https://fullerfuture.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/buckminsterfuller-synergetics.pdf
>>
Why are the elites so bad at hiding their secrets?
>>
>>20004653
Samadhi as in general meditation consciousness? What does that have to do with the last part about the experience lasting days to weeks and sinking into depression/suicide if the process fails?
>>
>>20004686
plebs are just good at making up stories
>>
File: barrett-brown.jpg (135 KB, 630x420)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>20004685
http://www.hutter1.net/ai/pkcunai.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolmogorov_complexity
>>
Are you doing magick when you fap to porn?
>>
File: 65046[1].jpg (76 KB, 340x535)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>20004663
>Nietzsche said God is dead and now Nietzsche is dead hurr hurr

if you want some good old fashioned rage porn watch one of the many stupid youtube videos where someone breaks down Nietzsche for mass consumption
>>20004685
damn how have I never heard of synergetics
>>
>>20004688
>general meditation consciousness
No as in the specific abrogation of subject and object into a nondivisble Whole.
>>
File: 1501402374253.jpg (50 KB, 397x346)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>20004698
>damn how have I never heard of synergetics
Reeee, etc.
Go read that shit.
>>
>>20004663
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
>>
File: 1505953841413.jpg (245 KB, 1290x731)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>19997916
I know it's a faux pas to post chatrooms but if anyone wants a comfy place to chill and talk about weird shit, we got a new place set up.

Come on in.

https://discord.gg/6CHRkfr
>>
>>20004622
>The slightest error in the process would almost certainly result in permanent and hopeless melancholia; suicide might be the most fortunate termination.

Aleister "if you fuck this up even a little bit you're fucked forever" Crowley

>>20004707
kk
>>
File: why, waldo.png (318 KB, 1024x576)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>20004608
>>
>>20004622
>>20004724
I think this is my new favorite phrase to insert at the end of anything, so dramatic.

"Put some water in a pan or pot. Place the pan on your stovetop and turn the burner to the highest setting. Let the water come to a full rolling boil (when the bubbles are rapidly breaking the surface). The slightest error in the process would almost certainly result in permanent and hopeless melancholia; suicide might be the most fortunate termination."
>>
>>20004751
>>20004724
Save'd
>>
>>20004755
I just actually laughed so hard at this. please make like an adorable cooking show where all the recipes are weird talismans from the picatrix
>>
File: certainmelancholia.jpg (451 KB, 1280x960)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>20004777
>>
>>20004756
>Tubelos green fire
>This content was removed at the request of S. Oates

but why
>>
>>20004890
>>20004777

just noticed
AChTh RVCh ALHIM ChIIM get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwrFTu7vd4
>>
>>20004985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCz86qY4udk
>>
Buddha styx
>>
>>20004985
is this occult rap? He references himself as a 'young crowley' this is pretty interes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEAzEB9FTw

and with that /omg/ throws it in the trash.
>>
File: saturnus.jpg (75 KB, 304x445)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
guys I am so excited for Saturn to enter his home sign of Capricorn, at almost the exact
same time that the sun moves into the sign at the solstice

>>20005147
my 17 yo cousin is like completely obsessed with this dude. maybe I genuinely don't have the cochlea left in my ears to appreciate bass leveled like that.
>>
File: waitaseccc.png (205 KB, 474x349)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>Keep finding lemons left on my driveway

Am I getting a spell cast on me?
>>
>>20005192
No you just have a neighbor with a lemon tree
>>
>>20005192
are they just lemons? do they have pins/nails/anything sticking out of them? Are they cored out? sliced in half?
>>
Just wondering what you guys think of the book: "Kabbalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-transformation: A Complete Course"? Would you recommend it to someone as a complete beginner?
>>
>>20005424
Never read it. I would recommend Regardie or perhaps Chicken Qabalah for a beginner.
>>
>>20005147
>occult
>Kybalion
>has nothing to do with either throughout the whole thing
>>
>>20005449
his other songs have some occult references, and yes,
>durhur kybalion le garbage man meme
that's the joke, hence why I made it already.
>>
Does the library have any works on astral projection (theory, practice, anything really), or is that outside the purview of /OMG/?
I really wish the mega had a proper search function...
>>
>>20005455
>his other songs have some occult references

Ooh, what, did he browse a fuckin' tumblr page with 666 in the title?
>>
>>20005462
I didn't order this much salt on my shut the fuck up sandwich. I don't give a shit about the guy and yes he probably did google it I was making a joke. Go do some breathing exercises or something and calm down.
>>
>>20005467
>I didn't order this much salt on my shut the fuck up sandwich.

I'm a bad waiter.
>>
>>20005467
>I didn't order this much salt on my shut the fuck up sandwich.
You deserve an attaboy for that line.
Man, the night shift around here is the best
>>
>>20005467
>Go do some breathing exercises or something and calm down.
>implying /omg/ is not prescribed benzos
>>
>>20005195
No nearby lemon trees, and no wind to blow them over.

>>20005202
They seem like regular lemons but I'll look closely next time. They are always left as three.
>>
>>20005510

this is now the second or third time on /x/ Ive heard someone mentioning inexplicably finding lemons where they don't belong. It's not any form of magic I'm familiar with, using lemons yes, but leaving an obvious mess of them without some modification or something, no.

If youre going to take a closer look at them or they show up again, Id recommend gloves. If you think someone is working some kind of magic theres no telling what nastiness could be in those little bundles of joy if they're some kind of negative working.

Look specifically for them to be stuffed with something, peppers, razor blades or nails or pins (gloves, seriously), or a piece of paper.

If none of the above, Im a little stumped, once was just lemons, twice was weird, three times is a pattern, so Im beginning to wonder.
>>
>>20003926
I see. It's a difference in the way we define "controller".

To me, the controller is indistinguishable from the Prime Mover, given that both are to a certain extent inert, but at the same time, they're active in sliding through reality, just barely touching on matter, yet that touch puts other processes in motion.

I'm really not sure what to make of this, though. I haven't touched Enochian in a damn long time.
>>
Do you think that science will ever advance beyond the limits of language, that they'll reach the realm of like mystical states or something and become totally unable to relay their knowledge in an intelligible way to the rest of the world? Or do you think that their duty to language itself would prevent them from ever going beyond hte limit of language in the first place?
>>
>>20006979
Well the elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the universe and they want to know all this, some are good some are bad some are a mix; but the good ones don't ever want to organize, the bad ones tend to want to organize because they lust after power. Powerful consciousnesses don't want to dominate other people, they want to empower them so they don't tend to get together until things are really late in the game, then they come together and evil is always defeated. Because good is so much stronger. And we're on this planet and Einstein's physics showed it, Max Planck's physics showed it- there's at least twelve dimensions. And now that's all the top scientists and billionaires are coming out and saying it's a false hologram, it is artificial, the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it's artificially projected and gravity is bleeding in to this universe. That's what they call dark matter. So we're like a thought or a dream that's a wisp in a computer program, some God's mind, whatever. They're proving it all, it's all coming out, so possibly.
>>
Hey guys, just an update on that "Kabbalah Center" book by Rav Berg. It has no footnotes or bibliography, but he DOES make extensive reference to "the Kabbalist sages" and what "the ancient Kabbalists say."

The only in-text citations I have seen thus far are from the Zohar and Sefer Yetzirah. Of course, he states that Sefer Yetzirah was written by Abraham the patriarch as though this is a well-established matter of historical record. I think maybe I'll finish reading it, write a review and send it to him.
>>
do you get superpowers once you open your 3rd eye?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.