[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Library Link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.’.A.’.>Philosophy
XVI by Scarlet Imprint (Anthology on the Tower Card of the Tarot) ((I really need to shore up a Scarlet Imprint folder))

>Mystical Islam
Suhrawardi – The Shape of Light
Publications of the Institute of the History of Arabic-Islamic Science, vol 90, Islamic Philosophy, Al-Suhrawardi Texts and Studies. (multilingual)
Publications of the Institute of the History of Arabic-Islamic Science, vol 91, Islamic Philosophy, Al-Suhrawardi Texts and Studies. (English and Arabic)
Knowledge in Later Islamic Philosophy – Mulla Sadra on Existence, Intellect, ad Intuition
Mulla Sadra’s Book of Metaphysical Penetrations
Sadr al Din Shirazi and his Transcendent Theosophy
Wisdom of the Throne – An Intro to Mulla Sadra
Mulla Sadra’s On the Hermenuetics of the Light Verse of the Qur’an
Mulla Sadra’s Transcendent Philosophy
Sufisim in an Age of Transition

If anyone has English resources on the Jariri Fiqh, then I'd gladly take 'em.
>>
>>20114820
Bump.
>>
Om Namah Shivaya
Hara Hara Mahadeva!

https://youtu.be/wPeCc1w9bII
>>
I haven't really gotten to the Islamic stuff yet. Still reading through grimoires.

About to get working on the Arbatel of Magic(k?) but damn, that preface is a slog.

I always hate when authors feel the need to cite a text in Latin or some other pretentious shit. Here he states he's citing Zoroaster, in his own words, and what do you know, more Latin. Wasn't he Persian?

At least he translates though, most of those old authors didn't. What a fucking ordeal.

Anyway, I hope everyone's ready for the new year. I hear there's a supermoon as well. Was it tonight or tomorrow night? I forget. Neat all the same.
>>
File: 1492138475324.jpg (825 KB, 2100x1659)
825 KB
825 KB JPG
XVI is a really good read, thanks for posting it

happy new year everyone
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1jxJ6ISks

If you start listening to this song at 11:47, you’ll be rocking tf out by new year
>>
as a muslim, this shit look so cool, thanks for the /share/
>>
Thoughts on Dr Hector Hacks?
>>
Not going to bother reading of Sufism, I was raised in Islam but am long rid of that slave's ideology. Mine race shall be free of its influence from this point on. Instead my magickal studies lie with the beliefs of my more elder ancestors, in northern Europe (whose beliefs predate the Abrahamic by at least thousands of years). The more I study, the more I believe that the ancient Teutons held the key to prosperity and freedom, and more "common knowledge" of the All and true spirituality than any other documented historical culture.

I furthermore am certain that Yggdrasil itself is the All, and that Odin, having hung from it for nine days as a sacrifice to himself, has gained knowledge of the All which even Hermes has never been privy to. What has Odin produced from this ordeal? The Elder Futhark, AKA the Runes. Therefore, the next step to learning the secrets of the universe seems to point to learning their ways. Is anyone here able to recommend any good books about runic magic? Or will I simply find what I'm looking for in the thread's library (which I am perusing and picking from as I post this)?
>>
>>20119180
I'm back from the library. Lots of things that I'm sure will teach me much, but nothing specifically about runic magic.
>>
>>20119180
*tips wand*
>>
>>20119239
Five books on runes in the assembled "Various" folder with specific treatments of North European grimoire traditions in the Grimoire and Euro files.
>>
>>20119180
>I used to be a muslism but now I'm a Norse larper, fuck Sufism!
This autism is at least fresh, I'll give you that.
>>
>>20119180
Hey, man, I appreciate where you're coming from and I see your perspective, but Sufism is pretty cool.

I recently ordered Futhark - a Handbook of Rune Magic by Thorsson. It's available in pdf format online if you google it.

Also, GOD DAMN I love my Kindle. It's retarded for reading pdf, but man, I've been reading two books a day since I got it.
>>
>>20119288
Thank you, I will certainly make use of these resources.

>>20119478
I don't know what you think I'm LARPing as, since I never made an attempt to portray myself as anything at this moment in time, except perhaps as a student of the esoteric, and there's nothing innately special about poring over a few old books or about having different religious beliefs than I used to. I'm sure Sufism will offer some benefit to others but it does not currently hold my interest.

>>20119586
Thorsson's work is apparently disputed among scholars of Germanic history; despite this, it looks like I will have to further explore his writings.
>>
What is the 'Book of St Cyprian'?

Is there any connections with the Manichean spiritual stream?
>>
>>20119671
>Manichean spiritual stream
Not really.

>>20119671
>Cyprian
A series of mostly Iberian derived texts of varying degrees of quality which attempt to meld the Euro grimoire tradition, Christian Saint veneration, and the spirit/hero/ancestor worship of pre-Christian Euros. It alongside West African godforms is the backbone of things like Voodoo, Santeria, and a large amount of Brujeria.
>>
File: IMG_3849.jpg (1.39 MB, 3264x2448)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
I'm having some trouble understanding the "double spiral" movement of the heart, or Shaktichakra, according to Sambunatha, Abhinavagupta, Matsyendranath etc. See pic related.

"The energy of the heart turns around endlessly, forming a double spiral: the Red Goddesses emerge from the center, harvest the Real, and conduct the intimate substance back into the heart of the practitioner."

I'm visually retarded, so the actual movement of the double spiral pattern is hard for me to understand.

Any input?
>>
>>20119756
beyblades, man. you gotta have dragoon fight dranzer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPdShWevWoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEvsDuJYEnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog
>>
File: 978-0-9905687-4-2-2T.jpg (56 KB, 284x400)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>20119692
>frog on the cover of St Cyprian book
why frog is associated with the Devil in anglo-american tradition?
>frog=>lizard=>dragon?
>>
>>20119966
>frog is associated with the Devil in anglo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horseman's_Word
>>
File: IMG_3850.jpg (107 KB, 663x850)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I want to do the 'yoga of the lineage" as a preliminary Kaula practice. It is centered around visualization of ones master or guru and the complete lineage. Having no guru, I feel that the best way would be to pick some historical figure such as Abhinavagupta or Matsyendrenath, and study the texts related to them.
Would this be a waste of time? I've got loads of other meditations to do daily, but the importance of this specific rite is generally stressed.

Have a rare Kali.
>>
File: ParaPuja5.jpg (121 KB, 686x456)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>20120562
>Having no guru, I feel that the best way would be to pick some historical figure such as Abhinavagupta or Matsyendrenath, and study the texts related to them.
Print out some photos of those who have influenced your practice and put it at the north end of your yantra/mandala/altar. Pic related is the Trika's Parapuja.
>>
File: IMG_3853.jpg (115 KB, 633x800)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>20120570
Thank you!
>>
>>20120700
>>
>>20119756
sounds like a metaphor for how the heart pumps blood
>>
What are some of the important texts on astro-theology? Half the shit I find sounds nutty like Doreal's emerald faglets.
>>
>>20120863
Star.Ships by David Gordon White.

The Secret of the Incas: Myth, Astronomy, and the War Against Time
>>
>>20120918
ty
>>
>>20114820
What do you think of Konstantino's spirit summoning book, Ape?
>>
>>20120952
>Konstantino's
I haven't read that particular one but come the fuck on, mate, Konstantino?
>>
>>20120958
I'm just starting out, so I don't know.
>>
>>20120958
Moreover: do you have any suggestions for someone wanting to get started in the more traditional/ceremonial types of magic?
>>
>>20120971
>>20119288
>Grimoire and Euro folders.
Plus Golden Dawn, Thelema, etc.
>>
Has anyone here used magick and the aid of spirits to improve their lives? Say, from a really dire, shitty situation to a life you desired or that's satisfactory? What has your experience been like? I always hear from people about how a ritual gone wrong ruined their lives, but I'd like to hear from those who have experienced the opposite.
>>
What are some good sources on contacting the dead?

Any books that are on the subject specifically or any with good detailed sections.
>>
>>20120982
Thank you.
>>
I'm looking for a quote that was posted here some weeks or months ago. Basically it compared western and eastern traditions and said something like "the westerners seek more life" (in contrast to eastern trying to deattach from life?)

Something like that, anyone remembers?
>>
>>20121605
sounds stupid
>>
>>20120918
You mean Gordon White not David Gordon White. Speaking of the latter, what do you think about the criticisms he received over the years? Is he that much of an authoritative figure in Tantra?
>>
What do you think of the books shown here?

https://universaltruthschool.com/reading-list/
>>
I was told to come here.

Can any of you confirm whether the figure in the photograph is a statue of Naga Kanya, Garuda, Buddha under the protection of Mucalinda, or a different entity entirely
>>
File: Dagon.jpg (65 KB, 1024x439)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>20121870
>>20121870
>>20121870
>>20121870

forgot to attach pic
>>
>>20116543
narayana>shiva
>>
>>20121886
>Naga Kanya
>>
>>20121676
>Gordon White
Pardon.

>>20121676
>Is he that much of an authoritative figure in Tantra?
Lineally? No.
Academically? He pulls a fair amount of weight but is by no means the 'final word' on Tantra.
>>
>>20121678
Half good and half sensationalist trash from just a cursory glance. Dude's clearly found some gems among the materials he selected to confirm his biases but I'm not gonna go through the list point by point.

Be incredibly skeptical of the Massey styled "Horus/Osiris=Jeebuz" crowd; it's probably one of Crowley's weakest academic positions but on the other hand Budge ruled a generation of scholars and AC died before significant revisions.
>>
>>20121100
Anyone?
>>
>>20122029
Look up Motivation Magick on YT
>>
>>20122233
I'm asking for personal experiences here. Not youtube channels.
>>
>>20122258
There's a daily ritual called working, meditating and not being a bitch
>>
>>20122305
Be warned that the sacrifice required for this powerful magic(k) is great indeed
>>
File: IMG_3463.jpg (131 KB, 800x770)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Tips on awakening mantras, especially seed mantras? Simply "entering the spiritual heart" and activating them there seems like... yeah. I don't know how to get there yet - looking for a more practical, dramatic or even superstitious approach, besides the good old 108 times a day method (that I use, and will keep on using)
>>20120958
>Geburah
Lmfao
>>
This specific chant to Kali is one of the most beautiful things I ever heard. However, the guy who uploaded it didn't bother to give credit to whoever wrote it.

Anyone got info? Is it traditional?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pG_1REwVo8
>>
>>20124240
http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/blog/2012/06/25/kamalakanta-o-kali-mother-full-of-bliss/
>>
>>20122305

Well said.
>>
File: 1-dna.png (170 KB, 586x443)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>20124240

~~~
Ever-blissful Kali,
Bewitcher of the Destructive Lord,
Mother -
for Your own amusement
You dance,
clapping Your hands.

You with the moon on Your forehead,
really You are primordial, eternal, void.
When there was no world, Mother,
where did You get that garland of skulls?

You alone are the operator,
we Your instruments, moving as You direct.
Where You place us, we stand;
the words You give us, we speak.

Restless Kamalakanta says, rebukingly:
You grabbed Your sword, All-Destroyer,
and now You've cut down evil and good.

>>20119756
You ever seen a DNA double helix? That's the quintessential double spiral in the human body. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCMc8_xSlkQ

In your pic it looks like one strand is going in and the other strand going out, so too with the DNA, the two strands of polynucleotides travel in the opposite directions
>>
File: IMG_3633.jpg (134 KB, 564x935)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>20124632
>>20124857
Thank you! That's gonna be a hard one to recite in the original language lmao.
>>
>>20121323
bump for this
>>
>>20120958
I can't believe the emojis's are accurate
>>
File: IMG_3859.jpg (229 KB, 736x954)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>20121323
I only know about the easy way: A haunted place, LSD + cannabis, and a couple of friends holding hands in a circle, silent, breathing deep, with the intention of making contact.
>>
I'm terrible with names, keeping track is hard
>>
>>20125040
ah I mean >>20124857
isn't the thing in the chant, it's just a sick poem by the same dude quoted in the title card
>>
File: tols.png (54 KB, 1085x820)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>20121100
It's twofold. On the one hand, most people think it's not conducive to magick or distasteful. I'd argue that to improve one's magick they will slowly learn detachment in a Buddhist sense. Thus as they improve, they lose even more interest in using magick for their own goods.

Or maybe some God punishes you or something. But these sound like cop outs. Crowley claimed in his confessions that one shouldn't do it, but Uncle Al was born into wealth and had the luxury to travel the world learning. So it's easy for him to say something like that.

My stake is this: it all comes down to gains and loss of power. Almost like a giant infinitely long progression to some ideal (I haven't read Hegel), we are trying to go up. And anything that does not help us go up, move towards enlightenment or freedom or something, is to be discarded. This does not mean that winning a million bucks won't raise your power. There's no objective way to prove something will or will not help you, it must be purely experiencial. So assess each situation based off of its assistance to you. If you are perceptive you will Know what to do and not to do. This is called walking the path.
>>
>>20125040
>kay nielsen
awesome art, anon. never seen this before
>>
>>20125167

Define, "go up".
>>
Can u add some more books written by Crowley or Thelma related.
>>
This might be a stupid question but in the 6 of disks (and the 9 for that matter) in the Thoth deck, is he giving Saturn to Da'ath or to Kether, in this instance? I'm confuse.
>>
File: IMG_3860.jpg (22 KB, 210x240)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>20125343
>"THELMAAA!"
>>
>>20125392

Da'ath, I think.

>>20125343

Should be a metric fuck ton in the Mega. What do you mean?
>>
File: IMG_3056.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1000)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
If
>everything is just the divine ecstatic dance of the all-consciousness
>all forms are its playful expression
>this consciousness permears everything
Then, isn't death simply liberation? You get to lose your ego and everything. Is death the happy end?
>tfw don't understand reincarnation
I wish I could discard it, but all the enlightened people seem to believe in it. What's up with reincarnation? It seems like a dick move lol
>>
>>20125519
You don't lose your ego during death. That's why you reincarnate.
>>
File: IMG_3657.jpg (67 KB, 600x600)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>20125540
Now you're treading a very thin dogmatic line. You should evaluate. By damage to the brain, a person can forget who they are. Generally, people have no memories of a past life. Both these points contradict what you say.
>>
>>20125580
>implying the presence of the ego is characterized by the presence memories
>>
>>20125580
Even a person who's lost all the memories still feels like a separate self.
>>
File: Demiurge 012.gif (98 KB, 500x534)
98 KB
98 KB GIF
>>20125209
Knowing thyself. Attaining. Growing. Understanding. Improving. Illuminating. Enlightening. Fulfilling. Blooming. Realizing. Rising. Ascending.

It shouldn't be a hard metaphor to understand. There are some out there who disdain the idea of relative ups or downs, but for example in qabalah there is a clear progression towards kether. Towards Atziluth, etc. Same with gnosticism in its Pleroma, Buddhist enlightenment, etc.
>>
>>20125595
I had a feeling such an implication would emerge. I have no choice but to take it as valid.

If the universe is basically exploring itself, how can ethics, morals, "right action" be valid concepts? Morbid curiosity. I'm not looking for an excuse to become a serial killer here.
>>
>>20125711
>If the universe is basically exploring itself, how can ethics, morals, "right action" be valid concepts?
Because they are codes aimed at preventing you from hindering any other bit of the universe's exploration of itself.

The theological position on ethics is inherently weak. We don't get our morals and ethics because some god or book says so, we get them because as human beings we are meaning-creating machines, and as such the creation of moral or ethical codes is not the sole domain of any hypothesized creator.

tl;dr, if life is meaningless it's incumbent upon you to manufacture meaning.
>>
I'd like to meditate on the 15 Kali nityas of the waning moon and the corresponding 15 Lalita nityas of the waxing moon. How do I even find out when these 30 phases are? What is it today?
>>
>>20126034
Conveniently for you, It is the first day of the waning moon.
>>
>>20125540

What?

>>20125709

You are defining something squishy, and likely unknown, in terms equally squishy.
>>
>>20126072
Haha, really? Thanks a bunch!
>>
File: Kircher_Tree_of_Life.png (269 KB, 1128x1668)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>20126077
I feel you're being excessively pedantic, and wilfully obtuse. But if the concept of attainment or illumination mean nothing to you, or are not useful to you, that's your business.

I still hold that everything exists upon a gradient or sliding scale. Yes, it may be out of our scope currently to accurately measure, but we can refer to the tree of life as a tool that can show progress. That's why western organizations have grades.
>>
>>20126574

After it happens, it's nothing special.
>>
File: crab.jpg (26 KB, 519x434)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>20126583
Yeah yeah chop wood before chop wood after. Sure, I'm with you, but one still grows into it.

As well as that, I'm talking about a progression far larger and more complex than the illumination of an individual. I mean a universal movement towards some goal. Annihilation of the universal ego that is demiurge, and union with the One Above All, the absolute, impersonal God, Ain Sof Aur.
>>
File: 1474246985150.jpg (859 KB, 708x1153)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
>>20126599
Further point is that I don't claim to know what that end will be like. All I know is that I am able to observe a trend, and a metaphor of up and down is an effective way of describing that trend. I don't recommend getting caught up in moralisms of up = good.
>>
>>20126599

How ugly.

I don't think you are with me at all.
>>
>>20126619
The more we talk the more I hope we're not.
>>
>>20126619
>I don't think you are with me at all.
No one is.
>>
>>20126650
>>20126599
>>20126618
>a progression far larger and more complex than the illumination of an individual
You seem to believe there is a disconnect beetween the individual and the universal. Illumination is supposed to fix that disconnect. After that all progression becomes a meme.
Do you know the meaning of the images you are posting?
>>
>>20126697
I think that it's all happening simultaneously, and the changes in our selves, society and macrosomic existence will follow the same trends.

You can claim movement doesn't exist because you have to get halfway, then half of that ad infinitum, but to most humans, which I'll bet includes everyone on 4chan, we're under the illusion of time and cans still walk across rooms.
>>
is there any stuff about houris in those books?
>>
File: IMG_3866.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>2018
>bickering

ISHYGDDT
>>
File: sad-06.jpg (37 KB, 640x424)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>20126767
>it's all happening simultaneously
This is some new age shit right here.
>You can claim movement doesn't exist because you have to get halfway, then half of that ad infinitum
That's not what I claimed. I'm going to guess the answer to my question is "no", and I agree with >>20126619 . This is all very ugly.
>>
>>20126869
It's an example referencing Zeno's paradox relating to movement. I used a poor choice of words, should have wrote 'one can claim' instead of 'you can claim'. I referenced the paradox because in theory the paradox may have value, but in practice, one can in fact reach destinations. Similarly, in practice, one can experience spiritual progression.

You can call it new age if you like but attainment is nothing new, and implies something can be attained.

The reason I think you asked if I understood the images is because, at least as far as I can tell, that you want to put my authority on the subjects into question. As in 'I don't agree with you, therefore you must not understand'. I'm not interested in answering that because I don't answer to you. The point of anonymous is that we're on even terms. You have every right to disagree with me, but we all only answer to ourselves, and God.
>>
>>20126869
>>20126937
Forgot to upload another pic
>>
>>20126850
You're right, I lost by arguing at all. We think what we think and it's not by business to convince people I'm right. Net loss
>>
File: I48c18ee63224a.jpg (79 KB, 960x826)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>20126937
>we all only answer to ourselves, and God.
Amen brother.
I'm sorry I was rude to you. I let my self righteousness get the better of me. Keep rocking, and remember, never let those Thelecucks steal your light.

Have a wonderful 2018 anon.
>>
It's very simple to check if someone had gotten freedom from the cycle of reincarnation

Take any figure of any renown throughout history, you see any Jim Morrisons or Allen Ginsbergs running around, do you?
>>
>In Mahayana Buddhism the icchantika is a deluded person who can never attain Liberation and Nirvana.
>Bodhisattvas defer liberation until all other sentient beings achieve liberation
>there's at least one icchantika in the world
>Bodhisattvas can never achieve liberation
Ultimate lel
>>
>>20120971

try Hogwarts.
>>
>>20121100
>>20122029

I've used sigils to really optimize my behavior. Thanks to my casting of sigils, overall I've noticed that there's a significant improvement in my work ethic in both work and school. I'm more motivated, energized, and driven than I've been in a long time, and I've developed a previously unseen responsibility with my money. I'd like to think that the sigils somehow removed some sort of subconscious stumbling block that's been holding me back. Sigils have also helped improve my divination abilities.
>>
File: 1477707906031.png (609 KB, 960x618)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
Does anyone know that the source texts of the Arbatel de magia veterum are?
As near as I can tell all the spirits contained in it are unique as it the method of summoning.
(is the text even legit?)
>>
File: Rosebyanyothername.jpg (62 KB, 288x432)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
For the qabalists: do the four worlds of Assiah, Yetzirah, Briah, and Atziluth correlate to ego, intellect, emotion, spirit?
>>
File: Nv6v16a.jpg (93 KB, 640x316)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>20129051
dicked the order but we know what I meant
>>
>>20129091
chumbley
>>
>>20128200
>>Bodhisattvas can never achieve liberation
>>Bodhisattvas defer liberation until all other sentient beings achieve liberation
A commonly repeated misconception in Western literature is that bodhisattvas delay their own liberation. This confusion is based on a misreading of several different scriptural concepts and narratives. One of these is the Tibetan teaching on three types of motivation for generating bodhicitta. According to Patrul Rinpoche's 19th century Words of My Perfect Teacher (Kun bzang bla ma'i gzhal lung), a bodhisattva might be motivated in one of three ways. They are:
king-like bodhicitta - to aspire to become a buddha first in order to then help sentient beings
boatman-like bodhicitta - to aspire to become a buddha at the same time as other sentient beings
shepherd-like bodhicitta - to aspire to become a buddha only after all other sentient beings have done so
These three are not types of people, but rather types of motivation. According to Patrul Rinpoche, the third quality of intention is most noble though the mode by which buddhahood actually occurs is the first; that is, it is only possible to teach others the path to enlightenment once one has attained enlightenment oneself.
>>
>>20129912
Doesn't sound like a misreading at all consider 2/3 of those motivations are heretical and superficial. The bodhisattva ideal is a useless meme for he who seeks liberation in this lifetime
>>
>>20128291
Have you ever affected anything outside of your own psyche though?
>>
>>20130101
>heretical
?

If you're gonna pretend to be an expert in Theravada, then you'll need to read the Tripitaka because Pure Lands are canon and a failsafe for those who are on the verge of total stream entry and get cut down JUST before their number of incarnations left is zero.

>useless meme
In Theravada Buddhism, the equivalent Pali term bodhisatta is used in the Pāli Canon to refer to Gautama Buddha in his previous lives and as a young man in his current life in the period during which he was working towards his own liberation.

>in this lifetime
How is it you can ignore the fundamental point of the paragraph; the mode of attainment is kinglike. The aspiration is to spread the dharma as boatman or shepherd.

I don't come to your Sangha and slap the text fragment from your altar and accuse you of having a broken lineage so I dunno why you come here to bitch about things that are clearly canonical in the Tripitaka.
>>
>>20130135

Cause he's not very bright and desperate for your attention?
>>
>>20130135
Raising the bodhisattva ideal above arahantship and delaying liberation are a Mahayana innovation and have little scriptural basis in the tipitaka. Same with the reading you put into the pure lands. Nowhere in there is there anything other than a vague mention of pure lands, and I've seen no mention of "hey the pure lands are a place you can go chill in case you don't achieve liberation", that sounds like an apey innovation. You could make an argument using the four stages of enlightenment but I have not found any passages that talk in depth about that.

You seem to be reading far too much into this, apey-poo.
>>
>>20121323
>MEGA link in OP>Grimoires>"Forbidden Rites"

You're gonna need a shovel
>>
>>20125343
Look in the A.'.A.'. folder
>>
>>20130280
>Raising the bodhisattva ideal above arahantship
According to the Tripitaka, Bodhisatta IS arhatship. It is used to describe the state of aspiration, verging attainment, and in-life attainment.

Just because you have thorn in your anus about it doesn't change facts.

>Same with the reading you put into the pure lands
It ain't my reading, it's what the fucking texts say happens to an Anagami.
S v.25; D iii.227, 277; Dhs 1016; DhsA 423; Miln 344, 358; DA i.158

>Vague mention
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an03/an03.086.than.html

>hey the pure lands are a place you can go chill in case you don't achieve liberation
You're a total liar. Point to me ANYWHERE in the initiatory tantras or rituals where the Pure Lands are used in ANY SENSE outside of what the Tripitaka dictates.
>Brotip: you literally cannot because they don't say anything about "put it off and chill" it says "if I die before I complete these obligations let me be pulled close to [Devotional Godform] to complete this attainment".

>could make an argument using the four stages of enlightenment
But I have, over and over and over.
>>
>>20130333
>But I have, over and over and over.
>>20130135
> Pure Lands are canon and a failsafe for those who are on the verge of total stream entry and get cut down JUST before their number of incarnations left is zero As in "Anagami".

Go sit in a corner and come back when you've actually read the Baskets.
>>
which books do i need to read to achieve nirvana in all its names and forms?
>>
>>20130347

Who gets to tell the little imp that the dharma is passing out of this world and his time is up?
>>
>>20130386
None. Theoretically.

But to learn about all forms of Attainment?
Man that's a tall order.
At bare minimum you're going to need Tripitaka, Kangyur, a fair amount of the Japanese materials (despite the fiasco in /his/ I still think it's a viable path solong as it doesn't make you like that guy, or >>20130280, a solid chunk of the Tantrik materials though I'd sorta imagine that Malinivijaya Tantra and Tantraloka should do the trick if you've got the skill to crack their codes. Most of the Yoga Sutras in all their diversity. Any number of Gnostic texts but I'd really only place my Reliance on "Thunder: Perfect Mind" and whatever the Barbeloites were doing. The Hekhalot literature, and a fair chunk of the esoteric Kabbalah, particular in it's pre-Zohar and pre-Luria iterations (as in "Sefer Yetizrah", etc.). In the West you'll probably want Coming Forth by Day but it's probably more like Bardo Thodol than anything; even then we can only call it Western in the vaguest sense. Eleusinian and Bacchic mysteries, fragmentary as they may be. Greek Magickal Papyri and MAYBE some Plotinus but I don't really like the dude. POWER GAP. Maybe Enochian but certainly Hieroglyphic Monad, but a focus on Attainment with the big A doesn't resurge until the Abramelin texts get passed around. By extension the Rosicrucian tradition as it exists between OGRC through the AA and theoretically beyond if you can find good elaborations.
>>
>>20130419
In the last three days we had an illiterate "orthodox" christian saying he can BTFO all occultism, but just lying, an illiterate "zen" practitioner who said he could BTFO all of us but then just lied, and now this guy?

Am I the last literate person on this website? Are you guys just incapable of reading the books that the god-given interwebs has for FREE with a google search?

I'm waiting for someone larping as a Parsi to get up here and start flipping shit about Azhdeha.
>>
>>20130423
thank you heaps for all this information. it has saved me a huge chunk of time at least for a starting point.i know it sounds ridiculous however i figure if i try to do all of them at the same time i'll make more progress because surely some of the knowledge and experience that comes with it must carry over to the other practices, right?
>>
File: image002.jpg (114 KB, 540x668)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>20130419
>Who gets to tell the little imp that the dharma is passing out of this world and his time is up?
Probably pic related but it won't be a pleasant discussion.
>>
>>20130435

>Am I the last literate person on this website?

Umm... you are likely the best educated and most well-read. It's lonely at the top.

>>20130465

Heh.
>>
File: phyllis-warrant.jpg (50 KB, 552x717)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>20130347
Hey so way back in 2015, n00bti was like "Shoemaker is gud because he has a strong unbroken lineage" and you were like "well does he really though? Why is Shoemaker in charge of her A.'.A.'. rather than Eschelman? The line doesn't just get passed to the guy with the highest grade at the time of death" [extreme paraphrasing].

Surgo made a kind of weak invalid counterpoint (maybe this document wasn't super public yet and that's why he didn't bring this up then) but my question is, you've seen this "warrant," right? Pic related? Isn't that all that it takes? If the link from AC>Jane Wolfe>PS is there, and then here we have this hand signed letter from the ol Matron herself naming Shoemaker giving him A.'.A.'. lineal authority? I think this is the reason that he out of all of them isn't interested in fighting over lineage, because his is actually quite sound and the rest of these guys' collective focus on whether so and so has authority is irrelevant slap fighting, to him specifically, because his is actually quite sound. When I asked him an unrelated question about it he very relaxedly informed me that he doesn't even call his outfit a lineage, but a "claimant group," which to me felt like a low-key power move. Out of all of these folks, Shoemaker has got the most comfortable sense of authority, it seems, in my only medium-informed opinion. Any thoughts? anyone with sense feel free to chime in

Here's that thread
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15830011/#15836753

...also, fuckin, throwback to when EA Koetting showed up, apparently?
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14513964/#14515200

Unrelated, the card Adjustment my year-draw and Ape, I found, quite accidentally, a pretty good interpretation from you in a previous thread that was starkly relevant to my shit, got some ASMR crap off reading that, so, thanks from the future, Ape-from-April
>tips beanie

If anyone has the good sauce on that card I'm tired of reading the same old shit about the tarot
>>
>>20130503

Seckler's claim wasn't valid.
>>
>>20130517
Oh, well that'll do it. Because Jane Wolfe never passed authority to her huh, there are just vague records of Seckler's attainment? What happened instead
>>
>>20130333
>>20130347
Nah it is quite evident that you're reading too much into it. You seem to be observing the tipitaka through the lens of tantra. Or maybe you're reading the tripitaka and the mahayana piggus corrupted it with their chinky tricks? Who knows.

>>20130419
>the dharma is passing out of this world and his time is up
>even though a large amount of scriptures, traditions, lineages, and self-initiations are possible, compared to any other time in history
Don't you have some thelememe-ite forum where you can go larp as a magister templi?
>>
>>20130503
1) That seems rather like a cop-out on Seckler's part. The line that gets passed around is that the Superior Adept is by default the head. You can change it, but it begs the question of "fuckin'...why?". No mechanism of succession has EVER been produced in the A.'.A.'.. Is Seckler's lineage unbroken? Maybe. Is her lineage authoritatively The Lineage?

2) While Wolfe was never expelled, it's clear that the A.'.A.'. functionally died with Germer, and he despised the Cali crew more than he despised Motta, which is...wow.

Seckler abdicated her authority to Motta and then backpedaled when she read some of the letters that Germer sent. That further begs the question: What of authority from Achad's students? What of authority via Russell? What of authority via George Fucking Cecil Jones who was still alive when Crowley died? Just because he failed to intervene didn't make GCJ any less the Superior Adept considering he was Crowley's initiator. What of Wolfe's other authorizations? What constitutes a "superior adept"? Six months after Wolfe recognized Seckler she recognized Marjorie Cameron as Attaining to K&C. She continued while Seckler stayed in seclusion for like another decade plus.

The whole thing is a trainwreck. I think Shoemaker produces passable initiates. Judge them by their fruit.
>>
>>20130541
>I think Shoemaker produces passable initiates in comparison to the human scum that drips about the Guntherites.
FTFM
>>
>>20130537

What authority did Jane have to pass? That's the relevant question.

Somewhat ironically, the Dirge likely has the closest thing to a valid lineage.

>>20130538
>larp

Heh.
>>
>>20130550
>not larping
>is an actual magister templi
>spends more than zero minutes of his life on a tibetan yak riding vbulletin
>95% of his posts consist of "heh" and "no"
how pedestrian and base. almost un-magister-templi-like
>>
Do you fine gentlemen recommend any specific podcast on the topic I could enjoy while commuting to work

be it educational, or about experiences or opinions, I enjoy them all. clear audio if possible
>>
>>20130699
Nope.
>>
File: 88965-full.jpg (293 KB, 1024x660)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>20130541
>he despised the Cali crew more than he despised Motta
that is...wow, and feels unfounded based on the fruits. Why was that? Something personal I guess.

>Marjorie Cameron
I like her s'dang much.

>I think Shoemaker produces passable initiates.
I'm inclined to agree with you and I also feel he's the only one who's dealt with the trainwreck, as you put it, in a way remotely resembling admirable, that I've seen in public anyway.
>Judge them by their fruit.
u right, of course, but I also wonder about the storyline. I'm also interested in the spiritual concept of authority in general, what with this transition of saturn into Capricorn.

>>20130550
>Somewhat ironically, the Dirge likely has the closest thing to a valid lineage.
I haven't really read almost anything about him (exception of just passively watching you two talk about him for some time and a couple of his short little stubs on hermetic.com), Enochian is not really my area, but the more I get into traditional Astrology the more interesting his work on Enochian seems to me.

>What authority did Jane have to pass? That's the relevant question.
I guess with half my brain turned on, it seems like all she had going was a direct link to Crowley and that's all.

>>20130550
>>20130541
a'ight so long story short from both of you is that it got fuxilated into a million pieces long before we reached this most recent round of squabbling. Is there like a near-complete graph of this anywhere? Like a chart? I learn a piece of the story and then throw up my hands due to >>20130541
>The whole thing is a trainwreck
But then it piques my interest again, and so here I am, for the 10th time and I'd love to see it all laid out if such a thing exists in like a family tree type situation...would make a good interactive web page, you could hover over the links between people and read about their story together, site the source at the bottom. Interactive wiki-style clickthrough links to major players mentioned.
>>
>>20130699
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAZ2TAN3ILCRpnls2_W6D_Q
>>
>>20130745
thanks a lot good sir, I'll download some to my phone right now
>>
>>20130713

Yeah, a direct link is about it. Among other things, she claimed that, "dropping from the host of heaven", meant bird shit. Phyllis believed her.

Jones's line passes through Achad and Russell. The argument is pretty strong, certainly stronger than its rivals. CFR is the joker without whom none of this happens.
>>
>>20130813
>Among other things, she claimed that, "dropping from the host of heaven", meant bird shit. Phyllis believed her.
Wot? Where did she get THAT interpretation?
>>
File: 1513671996331.jpg (81 KB, 850x400)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>20130699
I enjoyed listening to Mark Passio back in the day. He has a lot good to offer, but I wouldn't take him too seriously if he ever starts blaming.

Nobody is Perfect

Anyways, I tend to use Crowley as a prime example, though I don't know too much about the guy. Was he ever violent? Some call him the wickedest man ever alive. Some say he killed seven people and got away with it. No prison time.

I've heard critics say he claimed all of his works, except for the Law, was a farce and trickery. Any comments on this?

Kind regards, 23 y/o neet trying to find his way in life
>>
>>20130856
What about resisting addiction? Does one become a junky by resisting the urge to mainline heroin?
>>
>>20130856
>Some say
Like who.

>he killed seven people
Like who? Only person I'm aware he "killed" was that thief that pulled a knife on him in India.

>'ve heard critics say he claimed all of his works, except for the Law, was a farce and trickery
Gimmie a quote, preferably from a diary of which I've got his unpublished papers in the mega.
>>
File: IMG_3864.jpg (26 KB, 236x421)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>20129912
I've seen Dzogchen Ranyak Patrul Rinpoche lecture many times via work. What an awesome guy. It did stuff to my perception for sure.
>>20130450
Don't forget to meditate lol
>>20121933
>Dreamt I saw Matangi in a jungle
>I saw three principles I could use on the path
>one of them was a snake, functioning as a mediator between the worlds
>tfw forgot everything else
Made me think about Kanya Naga.
>>
>>20130699
>>20130711
Do you not recommend any podcasts, Ape, because you're not into podcasts or because you think none of them do the subject(s) justice? I've never been a podcast guy but it seems like an interesting way to be introduced to new topics during those times when reading isn't convenient/possible.

>>20130745
Thanks for the rec.

Finally, does anyone know where I can find a digital copy of pic-related, or does anyone know if this book is even worth checking out? I'd like to get a quick overview of the esoteric history of the Freemasons and wasn't sure what was a good "entry level" selection from Ape's library.

Thanks to everyone that contributes positively!
>>
>>20130841

Syphilis.
>>
>>20130997
>Don't forget to meditate lol
Yeah that's why I offered some yoga and said theoretically you need zero books to attain but those are some EXTREME circumstances for attainment.

>Dreams
Been strange for me too.
Forest fires.
Old witch women living under a bridge.
Hunting Torma with some Tibetan rando.
>>
>>20130897
They're just things I've heard from YouTube. Someone who commented on the Book of the Law and said it was a solar cult.

Guess I gotta read more, though this confusion always gets to me.

... Thoughts on Venetian Snares?

>Gimmie a quote, preferably from a diary of which I've got his unpublished papers in the mega.
I'll have a look. Thanks

Like who? Only person I'm aware he "killed" was that thief that pulled a knife on him in India.
What is the story on this? I'd like to read up
>>
>>20131024

Read his autobiography.
>>
>>20131009
>because you're not into podcasts or because you think none of them do the subject(s) justice
Yes.

Don't get me wrong I've heard GREAT individual podcast episodes but I can probably count 'em on two hands. If you can't do an interview better than Art Bell or George Knapp (which is NOT a high bar, people) then you have little reason to be doing an interview.

I like this format as it's more fast paced than a traditional forum but I still get the luxury of five plus minutes to putz around my libraries before whittling out an answer.
>>
File: image.png (900 KB, 640x960)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>20131022
Oh my God, dreams man! I could tell you all about it!

This one time I was in a house in my town, and it was a pub, and the bartender was a green self-luminant witch with a wart on her nose. And there were travellers and cats and wizards and robots (pagan viking bio-mechanical ones with anti-grav bikes!!) and there were aliens looming in the background and everyone was just sitting at their tables together in this one-split green-luminant weird room

And then we got out and it was dark and Schwang Schwing was standing behind the mountain holding his glases and the full-moon, and I was a biomechanical robot on an anti-grav bike and it was just really cool

And there was infinitely more, but who talks about dreams anyways

I wanna go back!

Magics man. Let's have some more!!
>>
>>20131024
>Venetian Snares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBeKzVhWHY

Old favorite. The Elgar song it comes from is amazing on it's own.
>>
>>20131043
Gordon white is my speed because he's knowledgable enough about the specific subtopics that I care enough to ask questions that I have myself. When he talks to astrologers it's like a fucking relief.
>>
Has anyone noticed specific events/phenomena correspond to certain Aethyrs? e.g. after opening a certain aethyr then closing the temple, a series of crazy or inexplicable events transpires, almost inevitably? Or am I imagining shit?
>>
>>20131698

Yup.
>>
>>20131698
>>20131716

Perhaps a bit too terse.

You should be experiencing real-world effects. They should also be directly related to the work you're doing, else it's just leakage.

Effects for me usually began before the opus itself.
>>
File: IMG_3871.jpg (52 KB, 440x926)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I don't understand Karma. I've done some horrible violent things and caused a lot of suffering. I'm expecting to reap the bitter barley of my actions in some next life. Does this mean the fruits of "beginning the path of enlightement" or whatever you'd call it, that I've since started to tread, will grow rotten? In a way of speaking.
Simply put, I don't understand the theoretical post-this-life effects of right contra wrong action or how they interact.
Hm.
>>
>>20131880
>You should be experiencing real-world effects. They should also be directly related to the work you're doing, else it's just leakage.

Wow dude I guess I'm having more success than I thought. I was expecting the phenomena to be on par with Lemegeton work.
This is...something else altogether.
>>
>>20131905
Is that a question, or a statement?
>>
>>20131932

Lemegeton can't touch this. Also, be careful.
>>
File: IMG_3830.jpg (41 KB, 648x504)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>20131942
It's meant as a question, senpai
>>
What's a book that deals with magic/occult/rituals in a very accurate way?
>>
>>20131943
Thank you
>>
>>20132003

What do you mean?
>>
>>20114820
So, I need a little help; and feel like you guys might have the answers I seek. While at a party, I was asked an odd question: “Hey anon, how come when I’m around you sometimes I start to get a vivid image of you in my head?” I asked her to describe what she was seeing and she said it was as if she were floating above me and looking down at me. She goes on to describe exactly what I had been thinking just before. I was trying to imagine how I appeared to others while leaning against a wall; if that makes sense. She was essentially describing what had actively taken place in my Imagination... (or minds eye?)
I have talked to other friends about this and they report similar accounts. Saying they feel overjoyed when I’m in a good mood and close by among other things, even mentioned seeing me in their heads at times.

So, what the fuck is going on???? Am I somehow projecting my thoughts without being aware of it?? I’m sure you guys can understand how something like this is VERY inconvenient...
>>
>>20132029
Fiction that involves elements of the esoteric or occult that aren't completly made up.
Example: a description of a demon summoning that is accurate (based on books about it)
>>
File: moonchild.jpg (362 KB, 1000x1478)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>20132136
Moonchild
>>
>>20132136

Best of luck. I haven't seen anything particularly accurate, not that I recall.

Anyone?
>>
>>20132130
>Am I somehow projecting my thoughts without being aware of it?

Maybe. Or perhaps the exact opposite is true. There are more than two possibilities, at any rate. Do you and your friends like psychedelics?
>>
>>20130813
is that 4real4real or is it possible she was being a little bit tongue in cheek? It isn't the most absurd thing I've ever heard about the BotL but it's a lil literal for my taste. Is there a source for that? thanks for answering my questions earlier btw
>>
>>20132254
it's weird how people get in these echo chambers and just draw the most random fucking conclusions with no like meaningful way to externally check themselves (see: kenneth grant)
>>
>>20131943
What happens when I reach an impasse? I've heard that the last Aethyr one was able to open successfully holds the key to one's 'spiritual advancement." Is this true in your experience?
>>
>>20132260
According to Satyr syphilis played a role...so that's a wee touch more than an echo chamber. I've never had the stuff though so I suppose I'm in no place to comment.
>>
is this some fucking mandela shit, dawg? i remember that they were called enochian demons, like goetic demons but way more fickle and evil. yall niggas calling them angels now? is this mandela effect or are yall possessed? sheeit
>>
>>20132254

It's what I was told at the Lodge, by people in a position to know. There was no indication of it being a joke.

>>20132261

Keep hammering away at that wall! Ganesha might help.
>>
>>20132269
>I've never had the stuff though so I suppose I'm in no place to comment

My knowledge of the Tuskeegee experiments should be enough to judge from, though ;-)
>>
>>20132288
>Ganesha might help.
Can you please explain, or point me toward documents that will help clarify your meaning?
>>
>>20132261

And, yeah, it is true. Theoretically, everyone has a natural, current position on the Tree. It's where you are at, regardless of degrees, recognition, &c.
>>
>>20132254
What IS the most absurd thing you've heard RE: Liber L? I'm not gonna hold you to it, just looking for an example. That one seems hard to top, considering the "authority" of the individual asserting it.
>>
Hey guys, novice here, I'm looking for literature delving into the nature of paths on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life(not the Sephiroth, but specifically the other 22 paths between them). Anything you can recommend?
>>
>>20132254
>Is there a source for that?
Not really a source but I was sitting in a Mass lecture once and someone was running through an interpretation of the L requirements and someone quipped "Well, also bird shit", to which I just went "ok" but others seemed familiar enough with.

I didn't know that was a Wolfe/Seckler Original tho.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1514878166950.webm
>>
>>20132284

Eh, fuck off.

>>20132298

The god Ganesha is the breaker of obstacles.
>>
>>20132328
>The god Ganesha is the breaker of obstacles.

Well, I feel like a retard. Thank you for answering something I should have googled. I don't even have any excuses.
>>
>>20132353

}:-)
>>
>>20132328
dawg why u being so mean? is it because youre possessed by enochian demons?
>>
Does having a mustache like Gurdjeff, Beard like McMurtry and goatee like old Crowley give me any advantages? Like, I'm pretty sure I don't actually have to study anything now right?
>>
>>20132250
Interesting; I would be grateful if you could elaborate further! To answer your question: We do, but I personally haven’t done any psyches for 3 years. Most of the people I know do dabble in psychedelics, though.
>>
>>20132403
You're still only a Neophyte until you get those wizard eyebrows.
>>
>>20132419
>wizard eyebrows.
I mean, my hairline has begun to recede and my hair in general is thinning...Not to mention the sudden need to shave my earlobes...I'll give it another year or two.
>>
Has anybody here had reasonable success with chaos magick to produce physical world results?
>>
>>20121870
>>20121886
>>20121933
>>20130997

would any of you mind explaining a little bit about who Naga Kanya is
>>
Is it unethical to use magick to move yourself towards being financially stable/successful if the purpose of that stability is to further your work?
>>
Is there a spell for self combustion?
>>
File: 1512769042020.jpg (273 KB, 978x1500)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>20132306
I mean there's always the "bloodlet children" interpretation of the previous part of that same line. That's a popular one, but you're right not with those in such a position. I think it's personally retarded to reduce those vital ingredients to ash, but here we are with our current OTO...although the practical reasons for doing so are clear enough, if you're a large-scale, publicly visible, tax exempt religious organization.

>>20132326
>Bin-Pigeon of !Th0tH
IJS she spent 2 years in Cefalu with Crowley, you'd think he would have relieved her of such a nutty misconception if she did in fact hold one. I guess if syphilis sort of crept in later and warped her ideas, that could do it but idk, I don't really trust thelemic hearsay. You got that book in your library, btw? The Cefalu Diaries?

>>20132677
There was a guy who knew one, rest in power JP
>>
>>20132620

No.
>>
File: Potato.jpg (17 KB, 264x185)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>20132323
bump
>>
>>20132724

Thank you for you response. I've seen a lot of discussion about the problems with using magick to help yourself out in mundane ways like that.
>>
>>20114820
My wife and I have always considered ourselves “pagan” but just recently started doing simple rituals. If someone has suggestions on books or supplies for beginners that would be great.
>>
Is there a torrent or rsync mirror for the entire library hiding somewhere?

Does it matter where you start reading?
>>
>>20132772

It's a useful paradigm. Magic directed towards supporting your work -- discovering your true will/purpose/whatever and doing it -- is defined as white. Everything else is black.
>>
>>20130997
>Don't forget to meditate lol
I almost forgot.Thank you. however i think i can use the information gathering stage also as a form of meditation if i direct my will and intent toward bliss and peace while i do it and take my time. I will definitely set apart secular time for meditation
>>
I'm looking for the rituals of the Bavarian Illuminati. Are they in the library or does anyone have a link to them?
>>
>>20133468
They are in the Freemasonry folder in their original German or if you want to drop me a throwaway email I can send you the recent translation of the rites doctrines and protocols from Signh and Wages that got DMCA'd from my public library.
>>
>>20130128
I got the job I wanted, and I aced both my final exams this semester, if those count. That being said, I'm actually working on an elementary sort of good luck charm- my plan is to take the plastic tube that printer paper is wrapped around in work, then take some paper, write a bunch of sigils on it, charge and cast the sigils, put them in the tube, wrap it up with some rubber bands, and hey presto, I've got myself a sort of natural harvester of good luck and positive energy overall.
>>
>>20133697
>Have you ever affected anything outside of your own psyche
>I aced both my final exams this semester

Nice job dumbass.
>>
>>20133712
It's kinda 50/50 on if the effect there was related to me or if it was something else.
>>
>>20133646
Please and thank you.
gblnkqnf@sharklasers.com
>>
>>20121100

At the start of last year I was still stuck living at home, without a job and pretty much penniless.

I did some work with Orobas, not for any specific reason other than his name kept coming up so I thought it fit to meditate on this, and explore it further. Ultimately it lead to an evocation, and more following the first. I didn't ever ask for anything in particular, just to show me some truth on the direction I should take.

One day I have a particularly illuminating evocation which leaves me feeling quite "complete". Within two weeks a friend called me saying he'd inherited a house in a city where many artists I knew lived, and offered me a place to stay for rent free indefinitely as long as I would continue to make my art there. A week of being in the house and I receive an email asking if I would go to London for a briefing, expenses paid. Of course I say yes and the job turned out to be working as a designer on a project involving some very big agencies and some nice money, that also allowed to me carry on working in the city I had moved to.

While I can't say for sure this good fortune was granted by the previous work, at the very least the work and my faith in it meant I approached the opportunities I was given with a gusto I was certainly lacking before.

The only thing I can say is to try for yourself/ Even if you don't find you can "command the universe", the faith in the work provides a dual sense of autonomy through the world and a sense of control over it.
>>
>>20133866
Agreed!

This is gonna have a lot of people here crying heresy, but don't fret the big stuff, the universe/multiverse/simulation/whatever and all of that will keep going no matter what. Don't be afraid to instead focus on the small stuff, the mundane elements of your life. Often times doing so is the best way to empower yourself and develop in a healthy manner!
>>
>>20114820
Is the Victor Shaw version of the Lemegeton any good? It's new, only came out in May 2017.

https://www.amazon.com/Lemegeton-Complete-Theurgia-Paulina-Almadel/dp/0993328415

I saw that Mitch Henson recommends the Joseph Peterson edition as a suitable alternative to his own, but he made that comment in 2013, long before this one was out.

Anyone had the chance to check it out?
>>
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/a-neuroscientist-explores-the-sanskrit-effect/
>>
>>20134402
There was a similar study on chanting mantras incessantly. Anyone have it?
>>
File: IMG_3874.jpg (85 KB, 480x480)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>20134402
Nice. Got that link from Q4LT earlier.
>>20134416
Interested
>>
>>20114820
occult newfig here. When i lie at bed, relaxed at night, if i breathe in a certain manner(basically by letting go of any conscious control of my breath), i get mind visions of everything i'm thinking about in that moment, the more relaxed and sleepy i am the more vivid it is. Is this the fabled trance/scrying state? Am i in theta?
>>
>>20135726

Hypnagogic state.
>>
>>20135755
Is it relevant to occult operations or is the trance state a whole different thing? I was wondering if i should integrate this state with the LBRP.
>>
File: EfromE.png (95 KB, 392x553)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>20134402
>https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/a-neuroscientist-explores-the-sanskrit-effect/

the article implies that the effect a property of Sanskrit, whereas the scientific paper just says that "extensive oral text memory is associated with structural features of hippocampal and lateral-temporal regions implicated in language processing." scientific journalism at it again! Like, his question is, "[is] there actually a language-specific “Sanskrit effect” as claimed by the tradition?" The people want to know! Or at least, I do. But this study doesn't answer that. I think you'd have to design a study that compared those same brain regions in expert language memorizers who specialize in a different language, to determine what effect Sanskrit confers, specifically, if any? That's what I want to know.
>>
>>20133760
Sent
>>
Is magic something structured, where you follow a set of steps like drawing symbols and reading a designed text or is it something more chaotic, that changes from person to person
>>
>>20137374
Magic is structured, and it it chaotic. It is neither structured nor chaotic. It is not structured but it is chaotic. It is structured but not chaotic.
>>
>>20137374
Magick is what Works.
>>
>>20137861

Word.
>>
>>20137392
>>20137861
>>20137904
What a cryptically vague bunch of bullshit
>>
>>20137922

That's because this is over your head.
>>
>>20137930
No
>>
>>20137374
Magick is Love.

Never celibacy.
Never rape.
>>
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/01/02/close-encounters-racist-kind
>>
>>20138102
Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who in this land is fairest of all?
>>
File: 72320141711128.gif (121 KB, 910x1354)
121 KB
121 KB GIF
Alright lads, what rituals are there to save a receding hairline?
Alternately what goetic should be hit up?
>>
>>20138449

http://www.rogaine.com
>>
>>20138102
Maybe all the whiteness in UFO reports is derives from an attempt to collect them from "respectable" people, which would give them more credence.
Except for the blatant Nordic Aliens, I never noticed this whiteness problem. I cautiously bookmarked your article for further checks, thanks.
Note, I have no horse on this race bait stuff.
>>20138347
English is not my first language and I never thought of "fair" in this quote as Snow Whit- oh fuck
>>
>>20120958

It's actually his best book. Not that that's saying much...
>>
>>20119640
>Thorsson's work is apparently disputed among scholars of Germanic history

Flowers (Thorsson) has a PhD in Germanic studies, if that makes a difference to you - so while his adaptations may not always be strictly historically correct, they're not wholly pulled out of his ass either. He goes to great lengths to ensure that the more modern things that he incorporates are at least theoretically in harmony with the historical elements and not complete fabrications with no congruence.

The complaints about Flowers from the more "orthodox" Heathens basically revolve around two things: His Odian philosophical basis is essentially derived from Setianism, and his runic interpretations draw heavily from the Armanen system. He was originally initiated into an Armanen group when he went to school in Europe as a young man before evetually deciding to apply their methods to a revival of the Elder Futhark. Virtually every modern rune book owes a debt in varying degrees to Flowers' attempted reconstruction of the Mysteries. If those things bother you, then he's best avoided. If not, then he presents one of the best systems of runic/Teutonic based self-development out there.
>>
File: applause.gif (493 KB, 200x151)
493 KB
493 KB GIF
>>20125343
>Not enough Thelema in a Thelemic library

Ecce /x/!
>>
>>20134289
>>20134289
Bump.
>>
>>20130435
No, 493 and satyr seem sharp, and given the place there are a surprising number of interesting anonymous folks with real knowledge who pop up from time to time

>>20132197
the vision sequence at the end of till we have faces believe it or not
>>
A friend of mine gave me a reading list. Could you guys tell me from this what's good and what's garbage?

The Great Kapok Tree
A Practical Guide for the Amateur Naturalist
Old Farmer's Almanac 2018
Oghams: the Secret Language of the Druids
“Five Models of Magick” by Frater U.D.
Not Always So Practicing the True Spirit of Zen
Grimoire of Magickal Correspondences, Eileen Holland
A Druid’s Herbal of Sacred Tree Medicine
The Sorcerer's Stone by Dennis William Hauck
Numerology: The Complete Guide (Volume 1) by Matthew O. Goodwin
Numerology: Key to Your Inner Self by Hans Decoz
“The Middle Pillar Exercise: Balance Between Mind and Magic” by Israel Regardie
Epic of Gilgamesh
Mobinogion
The Urban Shaman by C. E. Murphy
>>
>>20135726
read robert bruce's astral travel or samuel sagan's awakening the third eye
>>
>>20134289
>Mitch Henson
His edition gave me funny "results" just by reading it. I think is the most faithful, at least the sigils.
>>
>>20131905
Talking from my authoritative position of armchair mage, I think I remember one of the unavoidable consequences of starting the Great Work is that your karma starts to be paid off, and a reason why many people drop it. Do, I would not worry too much about other lives. Persevere.
>>
>>20132003
The Secrets of Dr. Taverner by Dion Fortune.
>>
>>20132677
>self combustion
Is this a thing? I mean, if this does happen, I think the way it works is not related to the physical level, from some of the descriptions I've read (like clothes and chairs not burning with the heat of the combustion).
What would you guys say about the subject?
>>
>>20133697
I meant can you control objects, other people's actions, stuff like that. I guess not though.

Congrats on your achievements anyway, you dun good.
>>
>>20139835

Eewww!
>>
>>20140532
>The Great Kapok Tree
wat?

>A Practical Guide for the Amateur Naturalist
Probs fine.

>OFA
Great

>Oghams/druids
Eeeeeeeh

>Frater VD
"No"

>not always so
Probably fine.

>Grimoire...correspondances
Laid out like a dictionary/encyclopedia, dubious sources, if you want a set of tables then get Skinner's Complete Magician's.

>Druid's
Looks crappy.

>sorcerer's stone
Book appears poorly edited (Mar's instead of Mars')

>numerology complete guide
Well I'm uploading but use of the term "numerology" rather than an actual tradition doesn't bode well. Ok, Hollywood? Newcastle? Yeah I think you can skip this.

>Key to you
Same as the previous

>Regardie
Oh wow a good one on the list.

>Gilgamesh
Sure if you don't wind up like one of those "MUH ANOONAKEE MUH TIAMAT IS DIRECTLY EQUAL TO FORTY SEVEN UNRELATED GODFORMS MARDUK IS GANESHA AND APOLLO AND QETZALCOATL KTULU IS REAL MUH SIMONOMICON SAID SO" moonbats.

>Mabinogion
Fine but why?

>Urban Shaman
I can only recommend Young Adult Fiction if you're like fourteen.
>>
>>20142312
why do you hate druid writings? dont you know the druids were brahmins? druidry and hinduism are two branches on the same tree.
>>
>>20142377
Show me a real actual piece of Druid writings and I'll tell you whether or not I hate it.
>>
>>20142386
i cant because ceasar burned them all because he was triggered by the fact that the druidic writings were way sicker than the shit the romans had. thats a scientific fact.
>>
File: isbn_9780786707935_0007.jpg (297 KB, 2140x3594)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>20140532
>Epic of Gilgamesh
This book is great because it is so old. You will see in the course of the story some things that are deeply important to the characters that make no sense. These were so because of their culture; pay attention to these, and the values we share, and meditate on them.
>>20142312
>Book appears poorly edited
One of my favorite books, "The Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved" by Colin Wilson and Damon Wilson, is the poster child (yes, in the original disease sense) for that.

Since you are here, erm... may I ask for your opinion on "The Blood of the Earth" by John Michael Greer? It is quite an obscure book, the author is somewhat known but this is one of his rarer works (though, like many of his books, you probably already read it as posts in the defunct blog "The Archdruid Report").
>>20142377
I'm not sure Ape hates druids, but they have a number of quirks. Very little about real, old druids survived. Modern druidism is a "reconstructed" (made up) tradition. There's nothing wrong with this in principle, a magic system that works is fine, but the insistence by some that they are "ye reale olde traditione" is annoying.
>>20142386
The mentioned John Michael Greer would be a good start. This text is probably a good sample.
http://aoda.org/Articles/wheel.html
>>
>>20142396
>John Michael Greer
His corpus is fuckhuge and at this point I just say "he's fine" because I've really never seen something that just drove me up the wall from him for as many quibbles as I could make.
>>
Is there a way to grow taller? Like growing 1 inch using magick?
I’m aware that bone extension therapy is a thing so it’a clearly not impossible to phisically grow your bones.
I’m 21 btw.
>>
>>20142603
Yoga
>>
>>20137922

It is literally true. There is no one magick that works for everybody. A lot of it is to do with aesthetics that can vary wildly. If your chosen aesthetic allows you to transitively tug the strings, it's magic.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/7obqpi/the_number_eleven_1014_the_divine_union/
>>
>>20141334
It is the best one, yes, but it goes for $100-200+ for a used copy nowadays (if you're lucky, can be in the thousands sometimes). Even Mitch Henson himself advised people not to pay that much.

As for the sigils, I think the sigils in the Victor Shaw edition are actually the best yet, since they manually redrew and corrected them, so no more jagged edges and missing parts.

It also includes Ars Notoria, the 5th book which often gets overlooked, but the problem is I think it's not annotated, and I haven't looked at the text itself... There isn't much information about it online yet.
>>
>>20133646
Can I ask for it too?
9hf8jd+bl62w0499g18k@sharklasers.com
Thank you.
>>
Did a bunch of sigs for love and sex and money and a relationship and good grades. All have miraculously come true. Only problem is I am relatively asexual from psychiatric medicine and this girl I'm with is a nympho. What do? Make sigil to lower her sex drive?
>>
Recently I'm feeling that an entity is giving me inspiration and guidance. The past couple of years I've been procrastinating a lot, and self improvement has always been on my mind, but always too lazy to take action.

A couple of months ago I said fuck it and started to finally build good habits and shave off bad ones, in gym, social life etc.

The last days of December I felt pretty strange, like something from the inside is motivating me to act no matter what, and even what is the proper thing to say or do in the situation, it's like following orders, but they yield good results. I'm also feeling more uplifted and almost all fear and negativity is completely gone from my ordinary stream of consciousness.

The moment I slip however, and decide to have a lazy day it stops for a couple of days until I build it up again, what the fuck is going on, is a positive entity (maybe the higher self) wishing to help me really making a connection or did I just got a plain and simple mind upgrade from exercising my willpower:?
>>
>>20143546
Or make a sigil to increase yours?? You asshole???
>>
File: IMG_2993.jpg (72 KB, 600x364)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
http://www.anuttaratrikakula.org

Does self study and solitary practice even "make sense" in a system so heavily reliant (?) on guru-student transmission? I keep reading these books and blogs, but sometimes suspect it's a system for people who are in a position to leave everything and go to India for X years. I'm particularly fascinated by "Kashmir Shaivism" (i.e ye olden quantume physicks")
>>
File: IMG_3882.jpg (65 KB, 320x384)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>20143546
Kamagra
>>20142396
Fuck yeah Girugamesh! I think it's a very relatable epic.
>chill and kill monsters with your beastly Enkidu bro, basically obtaining for yourself everything for which a man can ask
>"man, I don't want to die. Is there a way to attain immortality?"
>tfw "no"
>look for immortality anyway
>fail
>die
Awesome.
>>20142312
>MUH ANOONAKEE MUH TIAMAT IS DIRECTLY EQUAL TO FORTY SEVEN UNRELATED GODFORMS MARDUK IS GANESHA
Haha, are you warning s/him about Gilgamesh as a gateway drug to Enuma Elish? It's my favorite theogony.
>>
File: no.jpg (48 KB, 958x960)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>20137930
satyr I keep thinking of you when I see the original comic so I made your own version, I mean this good-naturedly :3
>>
>>20143941
HAHAHA fucking gold, the parallels are impeccable.
>>
File: Giordano_Bruno_small.jpg (2.29 MB, 2940x2424)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>watch The Truman Show
>it's literally this

Too short, but also
>>
>>20114820
just curious, does anyone know if any of these new texts contain any information on ilm al-raml? It would be very interesting to get the Islamic take on the practice.
>>
>>20142711
Are any of these editions available in the library?
>>
File: IMG_2893.jpg (65 KB, 700x698)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>20144115
>read the implications of the Double Slit Experiment
>it's literally that
I went through this whole phase where I had to tell everyone about probability waves, the (theory of the) holographic universe and so on. I recommend everyone to youtube something akin to "quantum physics world science festival", even if you're aquainted with the subject, for some delicious mind expanding panel discussions. They sometimes pair philosophers with particle physicists etc
>>20143723
I take this post back, it's stupid and bitter
>>20144368
...he said, adamantly refusing to check it out for himself
>>
>>20144733
>he said, adamantly refusing to check it out for himself
I asked because I do know at least the expensive one *is* in the library, so what would be the point of paying a grand for it? It would be better to print and staple it at home.
>>
>>20114820
Why so much Sufism without Christian Mysticism?
Where do I start with Jacob Boehme?
Was Blake legit?
How do I conceptualize my own megaloschema?
Thanks famalam I know you'll get back to me.
>>
>>20144836
That would fall into Neo Platonism and Golden Dawn, I guess. Magic never matched well with Christianity outside these two categories.
>>
>>20144836
And Enochian.
>>
File: camera-photo-jesus1.jpg (47 KB, 500x489)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20144855
>tfw no Behmenism
>tfw no Rudolph Steiner
>tfw you can't be fucked to read Schopenhauer
>tfw no Sophia waifu
Guess I'll go for Paracelsus...
>>
>>20144855
>Magic never matched well with Christianity

What about the Rosicrucians?
>>
>>20145227
What about Martinism?
>>
>>20145297
What about Catharism
>oh wait...
>>
>>20145331
>>
File: 7520296226_6a702022e2_b.jpg (427 KB, 1024x681)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>20145331
man. I went to the spot of the Siege of Montesgur and it was something else, over 200 Cathars were burned at the hands of the Catholics after their surrender, because not a single one of them would renounce their faith despite their surrender. The vibes there are crazy
>>
File: 95.5.png (638 KB, 452x572)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
Was he a sorcerer?
>>
>>20145624
https://erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_article1.shtml
>>
Ape of Thoth, I am going to take a dump on your face.
>>
>>20145679
Thanks anon.
>>
>>20145719
Ta. Sadly /x/ is allergic to metaphysics.
>>
Does anyone know how I can incorporate yoga in with my magick?
>>
>>20145911
What specifically do you mean?

>>20145746
/x/ is in the constant process of becoming [shittier]
>>
>>20145939
Could I use it to open up myself spiritually and make my magick stronger?
>>
How can you tell real magik from bullshit?
>>
>>20145955

>open up myself spiritually
What do you mean? This is very vague.

>make my magick stronger
As far as I know, magic is not a quantifiable resource one can cultivate, but a process of making things happen by directing influences and so on?
>>
>>20145992
Whether it works.
>>
>>20145955

Yes, most assuredly. It's a way of accumulating power, learning to direct energy, acquiring the capacity to concentrate, &c. Both hatha and raja are quite useful.
>>
File: IMG_3717.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1443)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>20147834
What asanas/routines do you do/got any recommendations? I'm yoga babby, so I just took Satyanandas Kriya book. Been sticking with it for two months.
>tfw can't autofellate
>>
>>20147834
Would any yoga routine do this, or are there certain ones i should follow?
>>
>>20147944

I liked the Sivananda material, the older the better, but even Hittleman's books are quite useful. Settle on a routine and do it every day.

For raja, you want the yoga sutras of Patanjali. There are several translations and commentaries. Read as many as you practically can, preferably in parallel.
>>
>>20143723
>Does self study and solitary practice even "make sense" in a system so heavily reliant (?) on guru-student transmission? I keep reading these books and blogs, but sometimes suspect it's a system for people who are in a position to leave everything and go to India for X years. I'm particularly fascinated by "Kashmir Shaivism" (i.e ye olden quantume physicks")
Tantraloka 16:195 is a self initiation via an ordeal of consciousness.
Tantraloka 4:62:
>The purpose of self initiation is to mobilize the essense of the mantra which is being practiced. Mobilization of the essence of the mantra results in activation of self knowledge. It has been observed that if one is unable to get a teacher capable of activating the mantra, by praying to Candika Devi (Raktadevi) regularly, one becomes an Acarya within a month, a Sadhaka in a fortnight. A Putraka in a week, and within four days less by quarter of a day, Samayi. In this process of initiation, Raktadevi is supposed to perform the ceremony Herself as the provision of the Shastras. This method is to be adopted in case of unavailibility of a Guru.

Abhinavagupta comments that you can brute force your way in by constructing your own mantras in accordance with lineal doctrines. Moreover, there's enough interspersed between Tantraloka and Paratrishikavivirana to do the exoteric form of worship and get a sense of mantra installation.

Abhinavagupta seems to state pretty clearly in Ch. 16 that a properly initiated guru can fuck with the system as much as he likes as long as it's in-line with the teachings and praxes.

More interestingly, he appears to invite people to practice these rites without initiation to attempt jivanmukti, with the caveat that they recognize they aren't lineal representatives.
>>
File: 1341071137576.jpg (59 KB, 288x396)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
WEOIRHERUIFGUIEBWUICGHUJW['

>made my first sigil recently with the time frame of a whole year
>it's already happening
>by itself
>>
I am trying to work out some correspondences by comparing some books on Enochian to Agrippa, but I can't find "Asnan" listed under Agrippa's geographical correspondences. Does anyone know what Agrippa would have called it?
>>
anything about numerology in the library?
>>
>>20148230

There's considerable overlap, but they aren't quite the same. Turner's book has a useful appendix on the parts of the earth.
>>
File: IMG_2916.jpg (103 KB, 617x1024)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>20148010
>>20148025
Thank ye!
>>
>>20148247
Oh I see. Turner?
>>
>>20144368
Yes, Grimoire folder, under "Solomon" or "Solomonic Folder" or whatever it's called.
>>
What did the Law ever do for Fenix Fucking Finch?
>>
>>20148301

Yes, sadly out of print: Elizabethan Magic, Ed by Robert Turner.
>>
File: kipsunselfie2.jpg (433 KB, 1080x831)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
Anyone remember the software to track movement of planets? I think I need to understand astronomy and astrology a bit better.
>>
What religion and philosophy best accompanies occult experimentation and why is it not chaos magick?
>>
>>20149134
Nevermind. For anyone else interested, it was Stellarium.
>>
>>20149190

Because it's severely limited.

>>20149134

Depends on what you're tracking. I wrote my own.
>>
>>20149134
https://sophiafoundation.org/product-category/specialty-items/
>>
>>20130465
>>Who gets to tell the little imp that the dharma is passing out of this world and his time is up?
>Probably pic related but it won't be a pleasant discussion.

Care to explain this? How is the dharma passing out? Are you implying liberation or reincarnation will be impossible in the near future?
>>
Any effective methods of looking into past lives?
>>
>>20116543
Pajeet pls
>>
>>20149210
>because it's severely limited
And what is your philosophical/religious views?
>>
>>20149287
>not remembering and praising Lord Shiva at the start of a new year, even if is the western calendar
pleb
>>
>>20149134
https://nofaithinthehumanrace.com/
>>20149274
Learn to think backwards
>>
>>20149258

Simply that: the dharma is passing out of this world. That path to liberation is closing and we await the next Buddha.

>>20149296

I'm successful.
>>
Lazy man's question: how does Vajrayana compare to Trika, or other Tantrik systems?
>>
>>20149304
Why would I care about indian superstitions?
I've actually seen their monkey infested temples, their offerings, their cattle bullshit.
>>
>>20149320
westerners only see the deep metaphysics, the poetry, the highest writings. white larpers know nothing of how's the real hinduism practiced.
>>
>>20149320

That's the problem: the country is a shit-smeared, steaming mess. By their fruits shall ye know them.
>>
>>20149314
>That path to liberation is closing and we await the next Buddha

is that a thing to mourn or celebrate?
>>
>>20149356

Neither.
>>
>>20148110
Can you recommend sources for beginners?
It's like an ocean
>>
>>20149314
>I'm succesful
Usually successful people allow their success to speak for itself. But praytell, how is being successful a philosophy per se?
>>
>>20149376
Runesoup
>>
>>20149314
>That path to liberation is closing and we await the next Buddha.

Isn't that kind of... Evangelical?
>>
File: IMG_3582.jpg (119 KB, 600x480)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>20149314
What does this imply for those doomed to reincarnate? Lmfao sux to be u ur an infant insect infested with wasp larvae now lmao?
>tfw
>>
>>20149382

I crossed. I unmasked the magician. There is nothing further to seek.

>>20149510

How so?
>>
>>20149535

Get out now or be trapped.
>>
>>20149537
I mean I like the implications of Kalachakra as much as the next Apocalypse fixated individual, but I've always been skeptical of the idea that we must wait for another person to just show up to point us a way out.

While I do "feel" some urgency I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that liberation is possible at all theoretical times. Is there not dharma as long as some form of life exists?

Or are you implying we are facing a more ultimate sort of end?
>>
>>20149583
>tfw Barron Trump is the next Buddha
>>
>>20149314
>the dharma is passing out of this world.
The dharma passed out of this world 13.8 billion years ago.
>>
What are some good ways to handle hatred, frustration and anger?
I can supress it just fine, but that's a very dualistic approach. If I just "acknowledge" it, the wave of childish emotions fucks me over. Any input?
>>
>>20149583

This suggests that the dharma is indeed passing.

>>20149617

Acceptance. Recognition. Stop expressing it.
>>
>>20149598
kek

that wouldn't make him so different from Gautama I guess

>>20149649
I'm more inclined to trust your predictions than the ramblings of others because of your experience with Enochian, but I find myself disturbed by this statement >>20149544

Is this because I am too attached to something that is ultimately not "real" or what?
>>
File: IMG_2270.jpg (83 KB, 946x948)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>20149658
Haha, exactly.
>>
>>20149134
stellarium isn't going to help with astrology, astro.com will tell you the position of the stars in the zodiac at any given time for free. if you want to get technical as all fuck and dont mind dropping cash on it, Solar Fire is the standard piece of software used by astrologers

>>20149210
>Depends on what you're tracking. I wrote my own.
>intrigued pricking up of ears
what does yours track?

>>20149343
I was listening to a radio segment about how the Ganges is so unbelievably full of trash and felt this like unfamiliar and cold rage
>>
>>20149658

It's attachment that binds us, whether the object is real or not.

>>20149695

Altitude and azimuth of the seven, table of hours.
>>
What books are there in the library that have worked for you or tgat you would recommend for beginners? I've only dabbled in some mountain hoodoo
>>
>>20149889
What are you interested in learning exactly?
>>
>>20150054
Honestly any magick that works. I just want to learn as much as possible

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.