[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: C7eKnZeVUAAJ55X.jpg (164 KB, 900x1200)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
How has studying the occult changed you ?
Has there been any benefits?

For me
>made more spiritual
>made me realize I can affect the reality
>improved me with women

side effects
>unending thirst for power
>daily nightmares
>inability to relate to most regular people
>>
I'd say it's given me a broad appreciation of symbolism and a more useful model for thinking about things like culture. Symbols being fuzzy and messy is confusing at first but after a while it's pretty useful.
I guess that counts as a benefit.
>>
>>20177443
made me realize that everything the new age people have been saying has been correct to some degree, though perverted by their hippy lens of analysis.

>reality is fluid and can be shaped by desire and will
>good and bad "vibes" can affect localised reality
>magic is literally all illusions, whether it be an affectation of other people's perceptions, or one's own
>the greatest reliable skill one can hone is lucid dreaming

and it led to me considering, the one belief that is considered taboo to hold in the civilized world
>there are aliens, and they are demonic in nature, and they have our leaders as their thralls, and oversee their worship through mechanisms that cause the corruption of reality
>>
>>20177461
>there are aliens, and they are demonic in nature
You are talking about gnosticism right?
>>
>>20177443

I am being distilled back in to what I really am.
>>
>>20177463
not really, the demiurge is an interpretation similar to people's belief in the Illuminati as a single monolithic entity, whereas I believe that the demiurge consists of several individual beings with their own slightly different desires and ways of obtaining pleasure, who often work together but sometimes do not.
>>
>>20177460
Keep going. You have just skimmed the surface. Try incorporating some practice also such as meditation. You will then begin to experience things beyond your current mindset. This creates a sort of feedback loop which reinforces your belief and things will start clicking.
>>
>>20177478
Not him but having practised 2 years of Ajna meditation now, my dreams are more vivid than ever and reveal me things of my psyche in absurd metaphors I can't even explain.
It's amazing how people prefer watching TV, which literally puts your brains to sleep mode, than exploring this weird mystery we are in.
>>
File: 1330558400165.jpg (32 KB, 522x391)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>20177443
Weak threads start with gril pics, attention_whoring technique by OPs desperate to make a thread that doesn't 404 in a few hours
>>
>>20177478
I already do, but that's good advice. I was trying to word my answer in a way that would appeal to the "why should I study occultism at all?" crowd. Jumping strait to the more esoteric stuff doesn't seem to have much appeal unless someone has already dipped their toes in the water.
>>
>>20177508

You cannot give sight to those who wish to remain blind. It is not being noble to attempt it, it is being as blind as they. Plant seeds and let them choose whether or no to nourish it if you feel you must do something. To coerce those who are unwilling is no bueno, and effort that could have gone to more productive use in growing the plants of those who already decided they wanted a garden.
>>
>>20177443
In what ways can you effect reality?
>>
>>20177443
The need for power is the ego. As you progress it will wane and this will go away. The feeling of being and outsider will become stronger though. When one has seen the truth all else pales in comparison. Worldly desires will vanish and everyday people seem "mechanical" as Gurdjieff described them. The nightmares and dream "attacks" will increase because you are a target now in some ways. However, as your own will grows stronger you will have more control over your dreams.
>>
>>20177478
>meditation
>just genetic brand "meditation"
every
fucking
time
>>
>>20177522
Yea but the gap between "a garden would be neat" and "but why" has always bugged me.
Maybe there was a reason for omitting the first rung on the ladder in the past but that doesn't really seem necessary in today's climate.
>>
>>20177540
This is just an intro thread. I could list specifics but what works for one person does not always work for another.
>>
>>20177547

Because you're too low yet to see it. There is method in the madness, whether it be this lifetime or ten trillion lifetimes from now, you will know in due time. Learn to trust your senpais for now, they've been doing this longer than you have and know what they're doing.
>>
>>20177569
>Because you're too low yet to see it.
no, it's because there's literally no benefit from doing it, it's not justifiable in the slightest.
>>
>>20177443
>daily nightmares
How did you accomplish this?
>>
>>20177522
>You cannot give sight to those who wish to remain blind. It is not being noble to attempt it, it is being as blind as they.
This so fucking much. You summarized what I have been thinking the last few months.
>>
Well my scrotum turned red and it hurts like a bitch
>>
>>20177529
I dont know if I want to get rid of the need yet.
You see, it makes me go out and gain great networks. Without the need I would just sit on home all day and watch netflix or some shit.
Problem is that its insatiable. However at the moment the need makes me go forward.
>>
>>20177443
It has made me like so dark and all the normies seem so stupid and like so sheep you know. I feel like I am so dark and I dress up only in black and maybe some pink ;) Yeah I am pretty badass occultist
>>
>>20177529
>The nightmares and dream "attacks" will increase because you are a target now in some ways
Also what do you mean by this?
Who is targetting me? Entities?

>>20177640
Meditating at least 2 hours daily, reading occult literature, fixing my unconscious with a psychologist. I'd rather not see nightmares but then again I'd rather see nightmares than see no dreams at all.
>>
>>20177640
I can't speak for the other anon, but in my experience at least, dreams became more intense, vivid, and meaningful. Sometimes that gets uncomfortable or scary but overall it's a net gain.
It wasn't something I set out to achieve, it just sort of happened along the way as my perception changed through study and practice.
I'm not sure if it happens to everyone but it's widely reported so it's at least not uncommon.
>>
>>20177443
So you studied the occult and turned into a Jew? Interesting.
>>
>>20177651
You have Red Scrotum Syndrome, faggot.
>>
>>20177660
When you perform any type of energy work and build up the subtle body you become much more attractive to things that desire this energy. Compared to others you are a beacon in the darkness.
>>
>>20177714
How do I learn about these "things"?
Is there a way to prevent them?
>>
>>20177726

Your fear of them spawns them. Your desire to know them prevents you from knowing them. Embrace it, and become yourself.
>>
>>20177726
The more you pay attention to them, the more they pay attention to you.
>>
>>20177743
How can I make them work for me?
>>
>>20177656
Kekkkk
>>
>>20177443
>wants power
>has nightmares

are you sure you are not a little bit posessed posessed
>>
>>20177786
Give them what they want. If you believe you are protected from them then you are. There are different degrees of belief though. As you tread along the path make it your goal to turn your world upside-down. Question everything. The chains which bind you were also forged by you. We are our own lock keepers.
>>
>>20177443

I got legit telekinetic powers. I expect people to call me a liar and ask for proof, but no. I answered OPs question and don't want any more attention.
>>
>>20177859
Lmao what a virgin
>>
>>20177885

It's the only way to become a wizard, right? Nice meme.
>>
>>20177859
>don't want any more attention.
Kek'd my pants
>>
>>20177443
It sounds a lot like the problems you have are just problems with being in control of yourself. Being able to relate to someone is a skill you can acquire if you lack natural empathy, if your desires are a problem for you then you need to strengthen a part of yourself, and nightmares often have an internal cause, find out what your issue is and then solve it.
>>
bump
>>
>>20177443
the occult...
good stuff:
>I can prevent bad stuff to come my way.
>I can perform wonders.
>I have a very neutral approach to the all.

Bad:
>I sometimes am blazed out and appear tired.

Towards OP:
nightmares are bad. decide not to have them. decide to solve these problems. best way possible for all concerned, of course.
>>
>>20177443
How can you say that you ''improved with women'' yet later on say that you have an ''─źnability to relate to most regular people''

Lol wtf?
>>
>>20177984
>nightmares are bad.
Im just to them though.
Can they be that harmful?
Probably just some negative entities sucking my energy. Surely it is better than seeing no dreams at all, no?
>>
>>20178009
do you want to have bad dreams if you can choose?

>>20178002
not OP
I am an occultist myself and I know a dictum that makes all Kali-Yuga women fall in love with you.
works like clockwork.
but i do not use it. taught it a farmer boy who was struggeling with women, though.
>>
>>20178029
>do you want to have bad dreams if you can choose?
No but I feel like it's my mind showing me problems and anxieties in my life for me to fix so I'll take it.
>>
>>20178002
There's no "lol wtf" in that logic.

The more cold you are the more you get women.
I meant more that can't relate to regular people who are blind to all the occult stuff around them.
>>
>>20177984
What wonders can you perform?
>>
>>20178068
...in the best way possible.
yes, you do have problems and yes, you must go through this.
in the end there waits heavens / elysium / ... for you.
>>
>>20178029
So.. are you willing to share that ''dictum'' on here?
>>
>>20177443
son ur obssesed with demons repent and pray
>>
>>20177443
If youre experiencing negativity, stop what you're doing immediately and reassess everything because going down a dark path in the occult leads to more negativity. If you don't stop it in its path, you'll be consumed.
>>
>>20178088
i can fortell the future and change it.
for example i once sat on a train with a woman and she was in a hurry and had no ticket because of this. i told her not to worry for there was no control.
a few months ago some co-worker stole something from me. next day, I am at work, all is right on the place where it belongs.
i am only just training.
but i am improving. right now i get my mindset in order; nothing too spoopy. more of an "why do i do this shit?! - this is a better way to behave: ..." to improve my life and my circumstances.
>>
>>20177656
You're an unexperienced child.
>>
>>20178101
chant for it yourself.
>>
>>20177656
i was at this phase as well.
see...
you are not badass Occult for Showing your uniqueness but by Hiding it.
>>
>>20178122
dude i think thats star wars not real life
>>
>>20178144
>you are not badass Occult for Showing your uniqueness but by Hiding it.
This.
>>
>>20178136
chant what exactly .. whats the chant then?
Thats what I am asking you...
>>
>>20178156
Actually, I was kind of disappointed with the newest starwars because the explanation of the force is very, very close to how things actually work. However, they took a safer approach and kind of botched it.
But as a rule, good breeds good. Bad breeds bad.
A few references would be The Seven Hermetic Principles as well as the law of attraction.
I think you'll find that the study of the occult is an ancient practice, therefore we should reference ancient ideas such as the Hermetic Principles. (Not to say recent works are not good, but both should be considered).
Starwars got its idea from somewhere. Art imitates life and vice versa.
>>
>>20177651
You have gained the power to shoot fire from your dick.
>>
>>20178162
you chant so you get better at chanting.
is it so hard to comprehend?
>>
I can shoot fireballs from my penis and fly, now. Pretty cool, but I'm still working on becoming invisible, and prismatic spray is a really hard spell.
>>
>>20178212
Not that anon, but I don't think you read that comment all the way
>>
>>20177443
It has destroyed my life but in a good way.
>>
File: whoa.jpg (117 KB, 425x316)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>20177443
>unending thirst for power
Beware the Dark Side, OP.
>daily nightmares
That's a problem? I love spooky dreams.
>inability to relate to most regular people
Well that's nothing new for me.

>>20177540
>genetic brand
Whoa.
>>
File: srs.jpg (9 KB, 250x250)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>20178212
>Asks for THE CHANT to chant to get kali yuga bitches
>gets told to chant - ________
>>
For me
>I banged a succubus

side effects
>contracted HIV & gonorrhea from a succubus
>>
>>20178029
I'd be interested in learning about dictums like this. And perhaps the one you're talking about if you wish to share it.
>>
>>20177443

It worked for me. I studied the dark arts and amateur sorcery. I became a successful lawyer. The downside is now I have nightmares every night and wake up in terror every day. Worth it.
>>
>>20178281
>Beware the Dark Side, OP.
Tell me more please.
>>
>>20178607
So you essentially seld your soul, as in you traded success for nightly life force vampirism.
>>
after reading this thread i wonder if people here realize that they have gained nothing other than some "important feeling" thoughts in their head.

i wonder how many people would search for "occult" knowledge, if society would be moral, not brainwashed and truthful. if there would still be a need for "occult knowledge". searching for occult knowledge could be a result of feeling powerless, because you can only change yourself, but not the world. yeah, you can change it to some degree, but you can not control the whole existence.

i don't want to talk bad about searching for answers, but i feel like it's alot related to survival and the need to fix your own life.

but what have you really gained? how do you measure "gains"? you can only measure it by your needs. and what do you need? can occult knowledge really fullfill a human need?

occult knowledge never touches this subject about "the influence of others on you" and the resulting helpnessless it causes. seeking occult knowledge is a very inward, isolationist path.
>>
>>20179707
you are one lost mofo. enjoy being reborn in this shit hole.
>>
File: 24d5a34.jpg (31 KB, 504x359)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>20178716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hCMKav3LE
>>
After more than 30 years practice the primary benefits have been
1. A broadening of the horizons of the mind
2. A greater control of the mind

The side effects that are to be avoided or overcome at all costs are becoming obsessed or overwhelmed by the results of ones practice lest one fall prey to madness and delusions.
>>
>>20178445
Should have worn a condom.
How much did you pay it?
>>
Can someone post me a kind link to Ape's library pretty please?
>>
bump
>>
>>20177443
Don't study the occult unless you want to be around pedophiles. If you want that then there are other professions you could choose, like joining the CIA.
>>
>>20179707
what are other paths? hos are they any better?
>>
>>20180906
Delusional dickhead.
>>
>>20180906
Im not going that far.
>>
File: 666-666-666.jpg (80 KB, 736x543)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>20177443
started seeing numbers and symbols in objects, walls, hair, etc especially when such things are in films...
>>
>>20177443
In what way can you effect reality?
>>
>>20177525
yes
>>
>>20177443
That woman doesnt feel real to me. The skin is too soft, it triggers my minds uncanny valley.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.