[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 32.jpg (47 KB, 852x480)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
So, laying in bed the other night, I was staring up at the ceiling thinking about pointless shit and I noticed something.

Quick disclaimer, this may be described horribly, but I'll try my best.

You know when it's dark, but not pitch black once your eyes adjust? So I'm laying there and I notice when I stare at the same spot for a while, I start to see little green light. The harder I look the more defined it gets and it spreads out a bit and kind of takes on shapes. Think of the trail a sparkler leaves, but very small and a faint green. Anyway I then begin to notice almost like a texture around it and I lift my hand up and move my hand through it and it actually disturbs what I'm seeing, like if you drew your finger through some still water. I was so fascinated that I ended up waving my hand about like some kind of retard for quite a while. Thank fuck no one walked in.

So, my question is, any idea what this was? Am I describing something that /x/ might of heard of before or was it just my brain forming something entertaining because it was dark?

Definitely wasn't high, drunk or asleep btw.
>>
bump
>>
File: vLyoMKd.jpg (36 KB, 478x720)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>I lift my hand up and move my hand through it and it actually disturbs what I'm seeing, like if you drew your finger through some still water

elaborate?
>>
>>20179650
I don't see why you need OP to elaborate. It's fairly simple.
>>
File: ripple.jpg (7 KB, 224x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>20179650

Imagine there's a completely still body of water and you then dip your hand into it and run your hand through it. You know the ripples it would cause? Well that's what I was doing with my hand when I moved my hand through it. It kind of rippled like that.
>>
>>20179670
I have actually experienced this several times in my youth, staring at the dark in my room, particularly at the darkest portions. Its most likely the brain playing tricks on you in the absence of visual stimuli, didn't notice any ripply shit, but the dim grin barely noticeable... the shapes almost blending one into each other, amorphous. Yeah, I've seen that.

>inb4 drugs, I was fuckin 5, when first noticed it, and noticed it a couple other times since then.
>>
>>20179599
Try to communicate with it
>>
>>20179701
dim green* pardon for the double post
>>
>>20179701
Yeah that was my first thought desu. It was just the ripple. That was crazy, it really looked like I was moving my hand through water.
>>
>>20179709
Great idea, knowing my luck it'll answer and I'll have to move lol
>>
Possibly aura?
>>
File: Mr4AdYE (1).jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>20179736
>>20179701
>>20179670

Makes me think of the scene in Angel's Egg where she realizes that everything is a reflection of her.
>>
>>20179666
DEVIL IS STOPPING THE ANSWERS!
>>
>>20179599
PRISONER ZERO HAS ESCAPED
>>
Well it could be an aura or something, could also be a spirit that just wanted to hang out.
>>
>>20180603
Don't forget to post more migrane inducing images. For some reason polarized lenses reduce the pain those images cause...
>>
>>20179599
I used to have visions like this as a child, even shared them with my younger brother in the same room, we would be able to project images and see them together. Probably due to empathy and sensory deprivation. Question for you OP: we're you sleep deprived or under the influence of drugs? Try to replicate the same situation and repeat the vision.
>>
>>20179599
third eye opening mate. Everyone sees it to some extent but when your eye is opened you see much better.

What you saw was ether
>>
this is literally just your retina being manually stimulated by sound waves. You only really ever notice it after you stare at something for a while, since once the actual stimuli is still, you can see the ripples caused by sound.

Im dead srs. This is what is happening. Mine's purple, not green.
>>
Your not the first person this is happening to, people are claiming there seeing some sort of grid and they are scared. When they move the world around them becomes normal.
>>
The idea that we are living in some sort of artificial world has long fascinated human beings. This fascination is reflected in the numerous science fiction works on this topic, and in the popularity of movies like the Matrix trilogy and The Truman Show. Most of us, of course, dismiss it as an intriguing fantasy, not to be taken seriously as a real possibility. However, with the advent of more and more powerful computers, some are beginning to wonder if this possibility is more likely than we have suspected. A philosopher at Oxford University named Nick Bostrom presents an argument that suggests there is a good chance—"a 20 percent chance" according to his "gut feeling"—that our world is a computer simulation run by someone in a "posthuman" civilization. Is this true? Who knows? But our continued fascination with possibilities like this makes me wonder if something in us suspects that what A Course in Miracles says is true: Life as we know it is taking place in what could be called a virtual reality.
>>
>>20179736
Don't listen to>>20179701
He's misinformed.
What you saw was an energy signature, your eyes can adjust to see things like that, given certain conditions. If it was green, and felt contempt/calm, then it was most likely a benevolent energy signature. If you felt unsettled then you should really consider moving or seeing a professional.
>>
This world you seem to live in is not home to you. And somewhere in your mind you know that this is true. A memory of home keeps haunting you, as if there were a place that called you to return, although you do not recognize the voice, nor what it is the voice reminds you of. Yet still you feel an alien here, from somewhere all unknown. Nothing so definite that you could say with certainty you are an exile here. Just a persistent feeling, sometimes not more than a tiny throb, at other times hardly remembered, actively dismissed, but surely to return to mind again.

No one but knows whereof we speak. Yet some try to put by their suffering in games they play to occupy their time, and keep their sadness from them. Others will deny that they are sad, and do not recognize their tears at all. Still others will maintain that what we speak of is illusion, not to be considered more than but a dream. Yet who, in simple honesty, without defensiveness and self-deception, would deny he understands the words we speak?

We speak today for everyone who walks this world, for he is not at home. He goes uncertainly about in endless search, seeking in darkness what he cannot find; not recognizing what it is he seeks. A thousand homes he makes, yet none contents his restless mind. He does not understand he builds in vain. The home he seeks can not be made by him. There is no substitute for Heaven. All he ever made was hell.
>>
>>20180855
OP here. I'm suprised this thread is still here.

Thanks, funnily enough I was watching something on tv and they showed sound waves emanating from a dogs bark and that is exactly what it looked like, only dark with the green light show.

It's mad that you can actually see that given the right circumstances and actually disturb it like you would water.
>>
>>20180628
I haven't done drugs for years and I was sober. As for sleep deprived, I was tired being as it was bedtime, but I get a good amount of sleep so I wasn't what you would call unduly tired or anything.
>>
>>20182511
I dont think thats what it was
>>
>>20180650
the chemical compound?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.