[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: infinite-life.jpg (11 KB, 316x197)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Will it be possible to achieve immortality?
>>
Only as a lich. I tried to discuss this about a year ago on /x/ but nobody had any good ideas or thoughts.
>>
>>20334119
On an infinite timeline, anything is possible.
>>
>>20334119
Yeah through Jesus my nigha just give the good book a read
>>
>>20334119
If you understand fully how Consciousness works then you will escape the Consciousness Loop
>>
>>20334119
>Will it be
Not any more than it is now.
Sure, science may make great strides and cure old age, but the mind isn't supposed to exist in the same state that long. Eventually, you'll either go insane or forget entire lifetimes worth of memories, at which point you may as well be a new person.
If you're trying to escape mental death, better try transcending.
>>
File: outsider.jpg (71 KB, 630x630)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>20334119
First of all you must figure out WHO wants to achieve immortality. It's real question to move on towards.
>>
not physical immortality, no. you already have mental immortality in a sense.
>>
>>20334119
A more important question must first be asked:
>Is it even DESIRABLE to achieve immortality?

I, for one, want no fucking part of it. By the time I'm old enough to die of natural causes I anticipate being sick enough of myself to wish for nothing more than impersonal reincarnation as something else entirely. Roll them dice, boyo.
>>
>>20334119
Soul is immortal, we just have to remember past lives
>>
>>20334119
the joke is on you son, you're already immortal
>>
People thinking that they already have something wouldn't do anything for getting it, because they alreay have it!
>>
>>20334119
It probably will be but not in the form you’re thinking. Pure immortality is reserved for a god, or a being that doesn’t prespire in any way. We will achieve it through mechanical bodies, or some watered down form of your idea of it, should humanity live long enough. It will not be given to the public, unless they can’t stop it. Your body might not deteriorate but you’ll still die when decapitated, and even if you don’t, that sounds miserable to me. Unless we become machines, we’ll still likely need fuel (food, or some other fluid). Also we would need to populate other planets because everyone being immortal would quickly become a disaster. Bad men will probably be the first to become immortal.
>>
>>20334119

Already are immortal, dipfuck. Ego/vessel immortality is 100% impossibru (you can draw it out for a long time but it still is gonna die eventually). Tangible shit always dies, it's the intangible that is immortal.
>>
>>20334119
>Wanting to sit alone in the void as the stars go out one by one
>Wanting to live on past the end
>>
It really depends on what you mean by 'immortality'. If you mean 'having an indefinite lifespan' i.e. not aging, then yes, it's possible without even accounting for the possibility of there being paranormal forces in the universe. We're already making incredible progress in treating one of the seven primary causes of aging (accumulation of senescent cells), and once we've done that, there will be a heretofore-unimaginable deluge of funding to fix the rest of it.
>>
>>20334119
Why would you even want to?
>>
File: 83127.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
Yep, Mark of the Beast will give you immortality. Whether it'll be some advanced nanotechnology or kundalini/Qiqong practice, i dunno.

"And men, will seek death but not find it"

But the immortality will make your life even more hellish than you can imagine.
>>
>>20334119
I don't know if immortality is possible, but expanding your life span is, you need to find a twin flame and channel your sexual energy towards your partner and vice versa, creating an energy loop that nurtures the body and the soul. I believe the Egyptians represented this with the Ankh, some say, and I agree, that this is the philosophers stone. A spiritual substance created from the fusion of masculine and feminine souls into one.
>>
Immortality is realising your soul will live forever
>>
>>20334119
if it is possible, it is not desirable.

it's like drinking caffeine to stay up at night. at a certain point, you get to where you want nothing more than to sleep, but can't. and you're in agony.

hence why zombies are a popular cultural icon, especially in a time where we have the highest standard of living known in recent history.
>>
>>20334119
A human mind could never handle it
>>
Eternal youth sounds more desirable.
I don't like the idea of never dying , because i'm convinced life is entry level.
>>
>>20334119
I have no doubt that we'll get there, in one form or another. Humanity's destiny is godhood.
We just need to work out our issues and eliminate a few genetic dead ends first. To get us back on track.
>>
>>20337986
eternal youth sounds like absolute agony.

imagine being emo every second of every day because you can never change out of that moment.

and if you could, you then have to change back to a certain extent. so you literally have short term memory loss. for the rest of your existence.
>>
>>20334119
Relative immortality,
youth until death probably,
Take the proper supplements and eat the proper foods and you may live to be 150 years old,

Possibly 200 years old.

There are many supplements and plants that extend life.

Start taking them daily with vitamins and healthy foods and even eggs and meats and you will be on your way to relative immortality

Or mortal youth

Whatever you wish to call it.
>>
>>20338020
this is true.

and the way we know evolutionary biology to work right now is that the age at which species reproduce is what decides the genes that survive.

this is important. this means that stuff that kills you after the age of reproduction decides what genes will improve upon.

so if you're a fan of evolutionary biology, you should probably have six to ten kids when you're 80 if you live that long.

at a certain point, like snakes got limbs, and humans found redheads, we will select out the genes that kill us.
>>
>>20337070
Pretty comfy IMO
>>
File: 1481134778097.jpg (571 KB, 2081x1946)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
See Chart
>>
>>20334119
Living forever is a curse , might look good on paper but it's a nightmare .
>>
File: 1518448650631.jpg (137 KB, 485x769)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>20334119
Yes
But the tech isn't here yet
upload mind to the internet when?
>>
>>20334119
Gilgamesh
>>
>>20338739
what's it like
>>
>>20337349
Basically a child. Children are the only surefire way of any sort of physical immortality. Unfortunately, its not you that is immortal, but the human race. Thats assuming we don't kill ourselves before we manage to spread out into the universe. Even so, its the best chance we have. If reincarnation is real, and we are bound to the earth planet, then we put our best hopes into our children so that there are always sentient bodies being born that we can come back into.
>>
>>20337291
Thank fuck! WE WERE GETTING BORED WITHOUT SIMON!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.