[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tenor.gif (1.51 MB, 298x298)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
Can I ask you a question

What kind of power does 4chan have to keep us here?
>>
File: 1464219827401.jpg (98 KB, 725x638)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>
>>20932673
It's the last place left on the internet (or IRL) with true freedom of speech. You can say whatever the fuck you want and the worst that can happen is someone calls you a retard.
>>
>>20932673
Power of autism
>>
>>20932692
That's an interesting way to look at it but why do we keep coming back?
>>
>>20932779
>It's the last place left on the internet (or IRL) with true freedom of speech.

Is that not reason enough?
>>
rise of the beta's
>>
Sometimes I'm struck by the conceitedness displayed by some of the posts on this board. I think these people are trying to imbibe what they consider the other to be.

Also Fuan no Tane is perfect exactly how it is. It doesn't need a narrative with a protagonist and a love interest and blah blah fucking blah. The point is these things don't care what the fuck you (the protagonist) are doing. They're there anyway. The stories are short and sweet and terrifying. Nothing is answered, mysteries prevail. That should be a golden rule of horror: answer as few questions as possible. Let the mind roam, goddamn it.
>>
>>20932673
Meme magic
>>
>>20932779
its not 4chan's doing, its on an indicidual level, becausen one of us have better shit going on in our lives. its taht simple 4chan isnt paranormal
>>
>>20932673
Socialization without consequence or effort
>>
>>20932673
Boredom caused by shit TV.
>>
>>20932673
only the power you give it.
>>
>>20932692

This is a big part of it. Being able to say what you really think is a huge release.

This place is honest. Twatter and all the other social media is chock full of bullshit, people slinging their bullshit all over. You try to say the truth there and you'll get run out of virtual town on a rail.

People who have come here from reddit always complain about the awful things we say, and wonder why it isn't policed more. They're so used to living in a filter. They want or need a consensus to have an opinion. It's retarded.
>>
What kind of power does 4chan have to keep us here?

They have the magnificent power of establishing great websites.
>>
being anon, able to discuss things we can't on fakebok, twister, imagram. having a community of people ready to talk about esoteric topics, while on soshill media the audience is people we're trying to impress with easily accepted topics
>>
spiral power
>>
>>20932673
gestalt insanity
>>
File: they_live_can_see.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>20932692
This , but there are many different levels to this "freedom". For >>>/pol/ it's the freedom to say "nigger" and bitch about jews.

For >>>/x/ it's the freedom from the "reality censors". Even if they remove something it will still be in a dozen archives across the globe. The mere act of removing it draws attention to it (Streisand Effect). If something real happens, I would expect to hear about it here (just before the site is taken down). If someone had insider information I would expect it to show up here.

They can't censor here so they must drown out (shill), annoy (larp), and demoralize (spam/flood) to TRY to obscure any legitimate information. Fortunately for the Cabal the average human is so narcissistic and lobotomized by toxins and psychic attacks that a never ending supply of retards will do (most) of "their" job for free.
>>
File: giphy.webm (1.68 MB, 480x364)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB WEBM
You can leave at any time
>>
File: 1284317605121.jpg (245 KB, 1000x748)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>20932673
>>
>>20938321
my kind of woman minus the piercings
>>
>>20932673
Attention Deficit Disorder

Really, there's no other place where the tragic, the mysterious, the religious, the perverse, and the humorous can coexist in one thread. Compared to 4chan, all the other forums, Reddit included, feel stale, humorless, and too far up their own arse.
Also, lack of status signifiers (who has the biggest post number, who's the oldest one, is the alpha male and everybody must obey them), although /x/ is the only board that suffers the most from forum nostalgia (/omg/ is like a qliphotic excretion of forum culture on 4chan, with everyone sucking Ape of Thoth's cock because of his name and his longevity. Ask him why /omg/ exist, and she(male) will go into detail about how it was before you joined 4chan, as a proof of its legitimacy).
Plus, intuitive posting, which makes the Reddit feel like a pain in the ass.
>>
>>20932673
The fact that it is unique in its capacity to give anyone a window into a global audience. Find me any other site, literally any, that lets me make a thread at any time and have it seen by thousands of people right away.
>>
>>20932692
Best definition of 4chan.
>>
>>20932673
providing belonging to people who are too fucked up to already have it irl
>>
>>20939970
>belonging
>2002+16
>>
>>20932692
That is some heavy truth
>>
>>20932673
stimulates all senses like five gum
>>
>>20932673
fourchan is eons old, not survivable to ever actually visit (I just peer thru the lattice work)

It's designed for lineage deceasement, they basically work around programming the viewer with real ancient dangerous stuff.
>>
>>20932673
i like to think that someday i will meet a qt goth gf on /x/. that's really the only reason 90% of us are here
>>
>>20938321
she looks like shes from orlando fl
>>
Is this thread supposed to be like an AA meeting or something?
>>
>>20941096
It is part of the typical cult induction process. Do you have a problem with that?
>>
>>20932673
Another reminder that I want off this ride
>>
>>20932673
Fresh OC, >>20932692 and many boards where you will at least lurk on one of them.
>>
>>20941002
>goth gf
>2018
Anon, you have a better chance to meet them IRL in a 95%+ city senpai.
I also wanted to dick a 8/10 DFC goth girl but did not settle in that city.
>>
>>20941854
*white city
There are also on other ethnicities, but they're like arthoes nowadays.
>>
>>20941854
>Anon, you have a better chance to meet them IRL in a 95%+ city senpai.

This is actually true
Driving around town
Some kind of bar. Looking at this chick walking in full Goth outfit
Slight chubby..
>>
>>20932692
I thought 7+1 chan has more freedom,is it not?
>>
>>20932692
Not quite. Your IP is logged and disclosed to authorities on request. Actual illegal stuff is reported. If you're involved in anything bad, your posts here will be used in investigations against you.
>>
>>20932673
I have gone on 4 chan almost every day for the past 10 years. It is my "crutch" as in, I do not have to worry about what others think or say about me. It is the furthest I can get myself away from reality... And being able to read streams from other people's mind's, unfiltered, gives it a dreamlike appeal.
>>
>>20932673
It could be that everything remains the same here. It's always the same things being discussed, the same memes, the same people, the same everything. It makes people feel safe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.