[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: url.jpg (62 KB, 502x711)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Library: https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Other threads:

>>>/his/4972167

>>21081484

Does anyone remember where Crowley's ruminations on Set-Horus and such are found in his journals?

I can't seem to find them.
>>
>>21093471
Ask Gunther
>>
File: fill-kill.jpg (60 KB, 720x525)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>21093588
lolno

I want *nothing* to do with that guy.
>>
File: file.png (218 KB, 602x496)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Behold.
>>
Does anyone in this general work with Typhonian current?
>>
Anyone remember when this still was a thing?

http://www.amarantosabbey.com/
>>
>>21093912
Nope.

>>21093591
Classic Gunther.
>>
File: sheridan.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Who is the only person making podcasts and youtube videos on esoteric subjects worth listening to, and why is it Thomas Sheridan?
>>
>>21094048
>Not watching Nightterrors
>>
>>21094384
rail speed off a hooker's tit
>>
How do I become a priest of Set?
>>
>>21094557
You don't. He chooses you.
>>
File: 1467497068994.jpg (81 KB, 817x700)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Happy Martes lads.
>>
>>21094568
Is deserve to serve evidence of election?
>>
Also while I'm thinking about him, is סת the best Hebrew spelling for his name?
>>
>>21094611

If you say it with the alvealor T, Set, then that's totally correct, but if you use the dental fricative, seth, then you might want to throw a garesh in there but honestly it won't super change the gematria, if that's what you're after it, like so
סת׳
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPoTAjGp2fVxjjfMTwGQNQ

This guy's videos seem decent for newbies to understand the basics
>>
have any of you fuckers ever done the moonchild thing? literally nobody? im sure someone has done it since fuckin l ron hubbard or whatever. did anything happen? magic's not real, right? otherwise we'd all be fuckin dead
>>
Thoughts on Nick Farrell?
>>
>>21094737
I am legitimately happy that isn't a link to spirit science. And am glad to have something new to listen to. Will check it out tomorrow.

>>21094976
Liked him in old school, not so much in elf though.
>>
>>21094976
I liked him til he wore that big hat at the Grammys.
>>
>>21094878
It sounds like you don't know what the moonchild operation was for
>>
Is there a recommended reading list for an aspirant to the Crooked Path that is only a probationer in another system? Or is it not something you can work with from the ground up?
>>
>>21095040
Here's the bibliography of all the strains of elaboration I can find in DBoE, from my like 80 pgs of notes:

>Western
Sefer Yetzirah, commented by Aryeh Kaplan (particularly chapter six)
Book of Enoch
Thunder: The Perfect Mind
Essentially all of Rudolph's Gnostic material with special attention to the Mandeans.
Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster
The Black Brick (Complete Golden Dawn)
Liber 65
Liber 7
Liber Stellae Rubeae
The Vision and the Voice
AHA (Crowley)
Agrippa's Second Book of Occult Philosophy
Complete Austin Osman Spare (including artwork)
The first Typhonian trilogy (MAYBE the second)
Additional MSS 36674 (Sloane)
Liber Asassiel (see above)
Sacrificial Universe (David Chaim Smith)
Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis
Complete Magician's Tables
Strong's Concordance, Godwin's Qabbalah,Numberman.net, Bill H.'s tables, etc.

>Eastern (Near/Far)
Gathas/Yasna (or the Avesta, these are Zoroastrian scriptures. The material of most note is related to Zahak and/or various dragons)
A King's Book of Kings (see above)
“Yezidism: Its Background, Observances, and Texts”, I think some of the Yezid influence comes via the hymns in this book.
Anything that will give you a basic foundational understanding of Arabic astronomy/astrology/astrotheology, etc.
Kali Kaula by Jan Fries
Kaulajnananirnaya
Kiss of the Yogini
Triadic Heart of Shiva
Anandalahare
Hevajra Tantra
Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology (Lokanath)
Tantraloka
Paratrisikavivirana

>Afro-Carib material:
African Divination Systems: Ways of Knowing
Way of the Orisa
Kindoki
Palo Mayombe: The Garden of Blood and Bones
Pomba Gria and the Quimbanda
Exu
At the Crossroads

>Sabbatic Background:
Xoanon and most of Three Hands.
All works of Carlo Ginzberg
All works of Emma Wilby
Various early witchcraft manuscripts,
>>
>>21095027
I've just seen the Golden Dawn ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Icoh_8Pu8

and they seem pretty vanilla GD, good for beginners. In the first one he easily explains LBRP (not that it's too complicated, but would help people understand).

I haven't seen yet the other videos so I can't comment on that, but my first impression was good.
>>
>>21095054
Perfect. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>21095058
I wish I could find something like this for more advanced levels and Grades.
>>
Was Castaneda a predecessor to Chaos magick?
>>
>>21095054
Is Mead's chaldean oracles still good, or is there an updated translation you recommend?
>>
>>21093471
Can someone get me this pdf?

pls no bully
>>
anyone here work with Naamah before?
>>
>>21095386
Yes.
>>
>>21095403
where do I find information about working with her?

I was going to evoke her soon. any info you can give me, sigils, offerings etc?
>>
>>21095403
Is she the "mother" of Ouz and AZ?

She is described in the Zohar as their "corruptor" but I'm not sure what that means, even when I go to the Hebrew
>>
I'm wondering on the opportunities to merge technology with the occult.

How about loading a talismanic picture on a pendrive, consecrate it and carry it around?

Or making a program that prints a chant or evocation and let it run for a long time?

I need to get creative.
>>
>>21095460
No, by all indicators it's either Ruha Qarina (Azhqarina), though sister-wife might be more appropriate.

>>21095448
Dragon Book of Essex.
>>
If I needed to feel energized and more vital, should it be a good idea to banish Saturn, and evoke Venus? Not sure about the Venus thing, any other options?
>>
>>21095386
Utnapishtim's wife?
>>
>>21095501
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naamah_(demon)

Though there's probably significant overlap w/hypostasis.
>>
>>21095513
I read the book but there was no sigil are you talking about the Exorcism of water?
>>
>>21095540
>I read the book
No you didn't.

>there was no sigil
Yes there is and an entire oration for evoking.
>>
>>21095513
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naamah_(demon)
I'm aware, twas just my autism concerning the Hebrew retelling of the flood.

>Though there's probably significant overlap w/hypostasis.
Agreed, seems to be a very common theme in the region.
>>
>>21095478
I've been working through that mythos based on this guy's work:
http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/2872?/eng/content/view/full/2872&main

His ethical view of "prohibition" being more a function of spiritual ability as opposed to proscriptive rules makes his interpretations easier to jive with other stuff.

That magical garment book you put up has also been very helpful although I found it surprising how heavily it implied that Eden was a "disembodied" place, I don't recall picking that interpretation up from Chumbleys words on the topic
>>
>>21095557
It's pretty core, see the "Secret Eden" of the Mandaeans and the concept of "Kahu" in the DB.
>>
>>21095551
what page is it on? cause I got a pdf and its fucking huge I even looked at the name Naamah and it just showed me the rite of exorcism. I am not trying to be a dick but
you know the chapter name at least the pdf I have is almost 800 pages.
>>
File: naamah.jpg (1.46 MB, 4377x6358)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>21095580
*sigh*
If you need handheld this hard you're not ready to work the Archangels of Prostitution.
>>
File: p012_1_00.jpg (201 KB, 249x398)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>21095576
>Secret Eden of the Mandaeans

They keep popping up don't they, I should get around to actually reading about them

If you have another angle of attack for the Zohar I would appreciate it, it is much more opaque to me than other kabbalistic texts
>>
>>21095595
Thanks so much. I appreciate it, it wasn't even in the table of contents kek.

I am going to be reading the rest of it but Chumbley's work was hard to filter through the writting style, did you offer her anything, an offering of some sort?
>>
File: 1432724756686s.jpg (7 KB, 250x241)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>21095663
>Bearing spindle and thread, and moving deosil amongst the companie of initiates, the officiant shall perform the empowerment of Na'amah. Firstly each initiate is to be bound with the thread and, secondly, is to be given the spindle to hold. This signifies the gift of Na'amah to overcome the binding of Fate. This arcanum being revealed by word and deed, the initiate is to be cut loose. Finally, a length of the binding thread is bestowed to show that destiny has been passed into the Seeker's own keeping.
Next fucking page.
>>
>>21095682
hes going to get eaten alive
>>
>>21095682
I read that, I just didn't know if she asked anything else from you in particular, an offering she asked that was not in text.
>>
>>21095696
A mollusk shell full of menstrual blood and a bone-lyre would probably help. I incorporated the former.
>>
>>21095703
>bone-lyre
>menstral blood.

Welp... I just go with what was said thanks.
>>
>>21095703
Where do you get your menstrual blood from?
>>
File: 1404041304-0.jpg (41 KB, 600x400)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>21095711
Menstrual blood should be easy to obtain if you have a uterus or access to one, which isn't really a difficult task.

I should probably convert the rest of my skull into one, I really only USE the skullcap for a kapala. I could still probably use the lyre as a vessel too so long as the foramen remains intact.
>>
File: abramelin.jpg (166 KB, 618x767)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
https://discord.gg/RMzZhZk
>>
>>21095715
A human woman,
C’mon boys.
>>
>>21095715
My gf.

>>21095740
Fuck off.
>>
>>21095743
I mean I guess technically it doesn't even have to be human if you're really that hard up.
>>
Why is "Madd a" (as in Mandean) such a different word in Hebrew from Da'at when they appear to mean almost the same thing? I don't even see a common etymology in Strong's

It is kind of implied that Madda is the "place of knowledge" (thus it means Science in modern Hebrew) and Da'at the "experience of knowledge" but I cannot say for sure what the difference is

Mysticism is hard I'm going to go lay in the Sun
>>
>>21095756
Seems more ideal, not to be “speciesist” as the vegans would say
>>
>>21095744
>My gf.
Ah, convenient.
>>21095743
So you're saying I can't use dog menstruation? That's species-ist
>>
File: 18lud31xfgy86jpg.jpg (103 KB, 796x851)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>21095765
Wouldn't animal menstrual blood technically be an animal product so I bet the Vegans would be against that

Granted they usually have allowances for rituals provided they aren't the mentally ill kind of Vegan
>>
>>21095764
Mandaeans are weird.
Ruha is essentially Ruach, aka soul, or holy spirit.
Mandaeans turn this into an utterly and irrevocably evil feminine spirit. They honestly do more "satanic" inversion than most satanists.
>>
>>21095780
I've come to the conclusion that such inversion is actually completely necessary for a Dualistic system to be even remotely coherent, otherwise there is absolutely no dynamism or bi directional flow of "energy"

In truth it was the Jews who gave me this idea first with the fact that their words for sinful deeds and their consequences are always mystical fingers pointing at something interesting

The same logic, in my opinion, applies to the other Abrahamic faiths and even the Dvaita takes on concepts like Lila
>>
What is /omg/'s impression of Bluefluke's Psychonaut Field Manual?
>>
>>21095833
Read Stealing the Fire from Heaven instead, it is quite a bit better and is just as "beginner friendly"
>>
>>21095833
That people should keep their newbgasms about it on whatever discord they crawled out of.
>>
>>21095777
The mentally ill kind of vegan would be simultaneous trying to stop you from using it as an animal product, while also being morally incensed that you would deign not to use it
>>
>>21095905
>oh so you're saying that animal menstrual blood is inferior and humans are the *superior* beings, how bigoted

>you mean you're going to rape this female animal by taking its blood, don't you know animals can't consent

Some people just want to be red mad and nude on the internet
>>
>>21095780
>Mandaeans are weird.
You can thank the dominant religion in that region for creating their spiritual viewpoint.

>>21095820
The root of the belief system is not Dualistic in the classical sense. But when you have to do whatever it takes in order to avoid being slaughtered, you compromise.
>>
>>21095725
let me ask my female friends if I can have their menstrual blood.... yeah that will work out A-Okay.
>>
>>21096028
>The root of the belief system is not Dualistic in the classical sense

Can you elaborate? Because Mshunia Kushta seems like pretty classical dualistic emanationism unless I am misunderstanding

>>21096048
Get cooler friends or find a lover
>>
>>21096050
>find a lover
"Hey babe, can i have some of your period blood? I need it for some rituals n sheit"
>>
>>21096084
>>21096050
>Get cooler friends
>>
>>21096084
When you have a choice of partners, obviously not a problem.
>>
>>21096050
>Can you elaborate?
The root of the belief system had to evolve in order to avoid becoming haram in the eyes of the dominant faith.

> in the classical sense
I.e. Super pure goodness vs. twisted evil darkness, ala Christianity, Islam.

>The Mandeans of Iraq and Iran by E.S. Drower
Was one of my favorite books on the topic.
>>
>>21096121
Thanks for the book recommendation anon

If what you say is true then perhaps Chumbleys take on Ruha isn't so transgressive after all
>>
What systems/traditions of healing out there are legit? Modern medicine has failed me.
>>
>>21096098
>>21096103
I live in Saudi Arabia so I dont want to get stoned for witchcraft
>>
Any tips for working on Yesod?
>>
>>21096296
I mean this as in books, writings, etc.
>>
>>21096268
You're pretty much risking your life posting here or accessing the library.
They've got prostitutes in Riyadh, yeah?
>>
>>21096220
>If what you say is true
Did monotheism overtake older polytheistic faiths through violence?

Did some groups adherent to these faiths rewrite/abandon their scriptures in order to avoid persecution?

I believe the answer is a resounding, yes. The result is a pile of texts wrought with allegorical riddles and compromise.

The Christianisation of Assyria is a glowing example. Although this compromise did little to stop the thorough attack of their culture that continues this very day.
>>
Is Phil Hine dead? His website is down.
>>
>>21096341
>Did monotheism overtake older polytheistic faiths through violence?
The first real extermination camp was set up by Paulus Catena in Scythopolis, where show trials were set up to accuse folks of working with the spirits of the dead, among other things.
>>
>>21096332
>They've got prostitutes in Riyadh, yeah?
They have everything in Riyadh if you have the money and the connections. Yes it is risky coming here but I will not stay in Saudi Arabia much longer anyway.
>>
>>21096394
>They have everything in Riyadh
Then you have access to menstrual blood.
>>
File: CPbgklAUYAIbYB1.jpg (11 KB, 320x320)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>21096394
>tfw your federal police has an anti sorcery task force
>>
>>21096432
I have no use for it. The witchcraft stoning thing was a joke. I am more interested in sufism more than anything else.
>>21096447
It is surreal.
>>
Is reading degenerate
>>
>>21096468
Shit, third party reply, pardon.

>>21096468
>It is surreal.
Oh don't feel special mate, we may not have government sanctioned witchfinders but some Christfags will try to set you on fire if they're crazy enough and they find out what you do. Seen it both in the news and with my own two eyes.
>>
>>21096385
>The first real extermination camp in Scythopolis
I did not realize/recall that the Romans had setup actual camps for the purpose.
>>
File: squintingmagically.jpg (106 KB, 800x800)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>the western occult tradition is pretty much just the esoteric branch of protestantism
t. jason louv

is he /right/?
>>
>>21096526
1500% wrong.
>>
>>21096524
All in Ammianus Marcellinus.

>>21096526
Man fuck Jason Louv.
>>
File: smilingmagically.jpg (134 KB, 800x800)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>the bhagavadgita says it is immoral to not argue with people online because nationalism is rising, people are doubting the gender wage gap, and children are in concentration camps
t. jason louv

is he /right/?
>>
>>21096526
i-is this real? please post source to confirm and i will email the guy and call him a dumb faggot.
>>
>>21096557
>Ammianus Marcellinus
Looks like I have some reading to do.

>>21096512
>Christfags will try to set you on fire if they're crazy enough and they find out what you do.
I have never met a bible thumper crazy enough to physically kill me for my beliefs, in any part of America I have lived in. Back "home" is a completely different story. I am blessed to be living here and every day is a gift.
>>
>>21096605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUMSsVg4IH0
49:05
Skip a few minutes back from that and he claims that his book is the "patch" to the western occult tradition. He "fixed it".
He comes with the protestant claim in this video too at 27:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8Ok_A5GRw
>>
>>21096667
holy shit, that gave me autism
>>
>>21096667
>yet another delusional narcissist thinking they "fixed" anything

Another one for the pile boys
>>
>>21096694
Well I guess that "fixed" everything?
>>
>>21093471
pls!

May someone mirror that mega into Google Drive?
>>
>>21096620
Where are you from?
>>
>>21096759
Make a mega account and host it.
>>
>>21096794
Or just download the files you want. I don't understand these people that want to download the whole library. At the rate they read, it would take them 5 lifetimes to go through it all.
>>
So I read the Goetia yesterday.
Not as a scary as I thought.

Going to work with the great and just Andromalius in a few days
>>
>>21096766
I live in the South Western US. You?
>>
>>21096809
Do you really think the library will stay up forever? I think you are missing the entire point of downloading the library.
>>
>>21096103
Hey satyr not to be a stalker but will you check your spam inbox on fb for me?
>>
>>21096836
Oh I thought your post implied that you were from somewhere outside the US originally. I live in the Midatlantic
>>
Could a completely uninitiated beginner read and understand the dragon book of essex or should you know other stuff first? If so, then what should you study? GD? Thelema?
>>
>>21096846
I can't even get Satyr on normiebook now so you probably have a long shot.

>>21096845
Nobody's under that impression; all things are ephemeral. At this point the only thing I'm worried about preserving in total are the Yorke Microfilms, everything else was mined out of the surface web, as obscure as some sources may be.
>>
>>21096845
In that case, download the app and download it in 5 gig chunks. If you have a vpn you bypass the 6 hour limit.
>>
>>21096874
>the 6 hour limit
Even then, it's only seven six hour blocs, so it's REALLY not hard to get it all. I think that's better than the old 24 limit, iirc.
>>
>>21096851
>from somewhere outside the US originally.
Yes, I am am an immigrant, English is my third(ish) language. I am of Eastern origin.

Sorry 493, I think you are a kind person, but I am uncomfortable with giving too much detail. Please do not take it the wrong way.
>>
File: 1523722388712.png (3.76 MB, 1726x1238)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB PNG
Hey, guys, I have a quick question.

I've currently been allotted some free time from my day to day activities and was planning to kick start my practice again in the next two weeks.

I was wondering what effects could the following routine have in your opinion:

- 90 Minutes per day dedicated to the 'Infinity Meditation' (3 sessions of 30 minutes across the day);

- 90 Minutes per day dedicated to the 'First Opening Exercise' in the Clairvision's school book on opening the third eye. (2 sessions of 45 minutes);

- 90 Minutes per day dedicated to the Third Eye Meditation as explained in the Clairvision's School book on opening the third eye. (2 sessions of 45 minutes);

- 60 Minutes dedicated per day to the Astral training exercises by R. Bruce. ( 1 Session of 60 minutes);

- One hour dedicated to an effective Kundalini Awakening Exercise before bed each night.

What do you guys think?

-
>>
>>21096911
>/omg/
>/international anons of mystery general/
>>
>>21094048
the hermetic hour by poke runyon
>>
Got expelled to /his again?
>>
So whats the real truth behind all the allegories of the bible and all of occultism, arent they all retelling the same story of the origins of humanity with different words?
>>
>>21096927
It’s really just international 50of60s of mystery
>>21096911
I’m not offended, just incurable curious
>>
>>21096937
Nah they seem fine solong as I don't use the word "occult" in the subject.
>>
>>21097012
They always do this to you, cause you love playing both sides.
>>
File: 1434887451478.png (180 KB, 1000x816)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>21096867

>>21095054
>>
>>21096925
Sounds good but personally I'd replace the third eye stuff with yoga.
>>
>>21097030
?
My thread ain't gone and I ain't banned.

>>21097082
^^^
>>
>>21096927
>/international anons of mystery general/
I feel pretty "douchey" about the mysterious stuff. But I can assure I have good reason(feelpinion) for doing so.

For instance:
>The missing parts of "most rituals", I refused to post.
Are present in some texts, such as the now completed Maqlu. Various versions of these verses are present in some rare translations. Perhaps in one of the repositories. The verses involve the priests personal god(s) and how they augment the preparation, opening, closing of the ritual. You probably know this stuff already...

I do not believe I have the right to teach you anything. My opinion should have no bearing on what is rightfully yours to discover. So I tend to post reading lists and avoid driving 4chan traffic to certain sites.

Hope this clears the air, my friend.
>>
>>21097139
I was just being cheeky mate.
>>
So, quick question
I've stumbled across this psychonaut field manual. What level of bullshit this qualifies?
It's so simple that I feel like I'm going places with this.
I'm a begginer of course.
>>
>>21097166
Jesus fudgepacking Christ.

>>21095833
>>21095842
>>21095843
>>
Hi, I'm not sure if posts like this are welcome here so feel free to disregard if that's the case. Would anyone be willing to talk to me about an entity I'm in contact with, or point me in the right direction towards the relevant knowledge? I don't think I'm experienced enough to know what I'm doing/dealing with on my own. Thanks.
>>
>>21097212
What entity?
If scared, banish often.
If curious, evoke often.
>>
>>21096867
He like, just posted a recommended reading list.
>>
>>21096997
>I’m not offended
I am honestly happy you understand.

>>21097154
>I was just being cheeky mate.
I have misunderstood the humor on more than one occasion over the years. But this seemed like a good opportunity to explain what may seem like adversarial behavior on my part.
>>
>>21097218
I'm definitely more curious. I've been to /div/ a few times about it. It's been a weirdly mixed bag though. On one hand, it isn't very welcoming to readers when they try to get a feel for it (creepy visions/bad vibes), but on the other hand, the readers get the sense that it isn't harmful and in fact views me in a favorable light.

Aside from wanting to know how to effectively learn more about it and not let my desires/fears bias me, I'm wondering if it intends to/has the ability to follow me to the next place I live or if it's bound to this location.
>>
>>21093471
There is a torrent for this?
>>
>>21097218
Oh, and one of the readers advised me against evoking. So I suppose that's worth consideration.
>>
>>21097246
What. Entity.
>>
>Furthermore, it should be admitted that not only was Grady in no way entitled to the title of O.H.O., but he was not and never had been a "member" of the A.·.A.·. as he claimed. Jane Wolfe had no right to accept Probationers and yet she handed out a bogus Probationer form to Phyllis Seckler/McMurtry [Soror Meral] who in turn handed out an even more bogus form to Grady - and not one of them even had the faintest idea as to what "membership" in the A.·.A.·. means, nor does the surviving member of this trio understand that great Order to this day.
What did he meme by this?
>>
>>21097292
I'm sorry - does "entity" mean something specific? I was just using it in a general "paranormal other" sense. I really don't know anything more specific.
>>
>>21097302
>Grady in no way entitled to the title of O.H.O.
Not according to the courts of California where it was incorporated.

>he was not and never had been a "member" of the A.·.A.·.
This is...mostly true, unfortunately. Doesn't change someone from attempting to found their own lineage. Given the fruits produced by Frater Gollum, one suspects Grady failed.

>Jane Wolfe had no right to accept Probationers
Any Neophyte may accept students.

>bogus Probationer form
It needn't be the exact document format solong as your name's on the dotted line.

>out an even more bogus form to Grady
Grady went to her.

>>21097309
*sigh*
WHAT ARE YOU IN CONTACT WITH
>>
File: aN3yseE.jpg (59 KB, 640x842)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>21097351
>WHAT ARE YOU IN CONTACT WITH

Leave him alone Ape! He doesn't know
>>
>>21097351
>>21097366

Sorry I have to be so vague. Is it really that unheard of for someone who's inexperienced with occult matters to not know what they're dealing with when they come in contact with something?

If there's a way I can find out, I'm completely open to suggestions.
>>
>>21097381
You, could, like, ATTEMPT to describe you experiences. If you go another post being vague I'm going to stop replying to you.
>>
>>21097227
none of those are for total beginners except maybe agrippa and crowley
>>
>>21093978
>>21093912
>Gunther

Sheeeit

Long time
>>
How can you demonstrate that doing fancy rituals has any direct impact on the reality around you without resorting to confirmation bias?

How can you prove that the psychological model isnt all there is?
>>
File: dennet.png (67 KB, 279x250)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>21097420
Danny? Is that you?
>>
>Since the writing of the above the identity of the "Caliph" has been revealed to be Bill Breeze, although not voluntarily by Breeze himself. Mr. Breeze seems to be getting out of the Caliphate pseudo-o.t.o. what he could not get out of Grant's Typhonian pseudo-o.t.o. and later Motta's S.O.T.O.. The membership provides him with the funds to travel around the world, "on business", acquiring rare works by Crowley that so far, in all these years, the membership has hardly even had a glimpse of. When something is published, Breeze rides Crowley's coattails into history by adding his name, introductions, prefaces, forwards and annotations to them - the only way he can make a name for himself, by attaching it to Crowley's. And of course this very unimpressive fellow, considered a pest by more than one publishing house ["pest" is not a word they use, but merely a polite synonym], and in his efforts to make himself the sole legal distributor of Crowleyana in order to profit [quite unfairly] from the Prophet, he has discouraged greater publication and distribution of the works of Aleister Crowley by others who do not wish to get involved the legal battles funded by membership dues and initiation fees, thus impeding the further establishment of Thelema in a society that sadly needs it - and all for petty personal gain - attention, monetary gain and let us not fforget the dull witted little groupies that do not know any better. Strong, dominate, intelligent women with a mind and will of their own, it seems, turn off to Breeze and the very hypocritically chauvinistic Caliphate pseudo-o.t.o..
>>
>>21097434
but really, how can you believe it if you cant argue for it. or can you? im asking sincerely
>>
>>21097245
I don’t so much understand as I just like accept your reticence without the condition of my understanding. Is your right. Can’t be personally offended by every cagey gentleman on 4chan. >>21097246
Literally everything scares /div/ so that’s no a litmus for anything really
>>
>>21097434
You made my nose bleed.

I been defending you the whole journey.
>>
>>21096512
Links pls?
>>
>>21097420
How can you be sure anything is happening ever? You basically have a set of working assumptions and at a certain point it starts to feel downright stupid to not draw certain conclusions.
>>
>>21097394
Well, why didn't you say so? At first,I wasn't sure it was anything at all. Just run of the mill paranoia. Feeling watched to the point where if I turn a corner I almost expect something to be waiting for me there/things going irrevocably missing. Benign oddities. And maybe that's all it is? On my own, I've attempted to use tarot/pendulum methods to get answers, but it's all very inconsistent. I'm afraid to call any one answer I've gotten "the answer" because they're all so different.

Is it possible to lead readers on a goose chase and get false positives? Feel free to laugh at my expense if that's the case.

For giggles, I asked a reader on /div/ if I was being haunted. They requested a handwriting sample of the phrase "I love you." So I submitted that and they decided I was.

That they had a vision of a presence who did not want to explain who they were/what they were doing. The reader didn't like the vibe, but after some discussion figured I could have summoned it by accident when I was a kid, and the being stuck around out of curiosity. They believe that the being is benign enough but wants to be left alone? This was months ago.

I asked for another reading about it from someone
else the other week. They said the entity is not only benign but actively helping me.

And then the other night, Wegon, another reader, did a voice read and said they had visions of skulls and oysters getting used as fleshlights. He made the suggestion I come here to talk about it. And here we are. So I figured I'd come here to get the matter more or less settled.

Thanks for anything you can suss out of this nonsense.
>>
>>21097460
Lol definitely a valid point. I've certainly never felt anything foreboding from my experiences. Just...present.
>>
File: 1513142744461.jpg (406 KB, 1208x967)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>21097473
>visions of skulls and oysters getting used as fleshlights
>>
>>21097456
Ask yourself why Koenig respects Motta enough to not call Motta's outfit the pseudo OTO but not Grant enough to call his outfit T.O.T.O.

>he has discouraged greater publication and distribution of the works of Aleister Crowley by others who do not wish to get involved the legal battles funded by membership dues and initiation fees, thus impeding the further establishment of Thelema in a society that sadly needs it
Why do you think I openly published the Yorke Microfilms?

>>21097459
"I can't argue for scientism because I don't believe it. I can't argue for Buddhism because I don't understand it. I can only argue for the immediacy of felt experience."
TM McKenna.

>>21097469
Here's the most recent one that made the news cycle.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/10/druid-witch-attacked-stabbed-neighbours-had-enough-noisy-pagan/

>>21097473
Banish often, or evoke often.
In this case it sounds like a spirit of the dead, so some kind of necromantic rite, or settling of ghosts, or whatever else you may feel like.
>>
>>21097497
>>
>>21097497
Hey I'm just quoting. It's not my vision. There's a solid chance he was just high.
>>
>>21097477
>>21097505
I was gonna say it sounds like a dead relative or something. Somehow hanging around and keeping an eye out. Try asking it for a sign.
>>
>>21097505
I mean that sounds like an aggro neighbor sick and tired of the racket more than active hatred for witches imo. People stab each other over less
>>
>>21097510
I've attempted to do that but I'm also incredibly dense to these things. I keep my skepticism close, because if I don't, I'll believe everything. At this point, I'm a little self conscious about it being annoyed that I haven't understood.

I'll certainly try again though.
>>
>>21097517
There was an attempted arson that I was actually witness to at a witchy shop fairly local to me in my own presence; sufficiently unhinged Christfags are not above the kinds of religious violence they detest in others.
>>
>>21097523
I'm usually reluctant to recommend them but try a talking (Ouija) board. Make your own, don't go fork over for one. Get a broken table and get a paint pen; make it nice.
>>
>>21097505
>Ask yourself why Koenig respects Motta enough to not call Motta's outfit the pseudo OTO but not Grant enough to call his outfit T.O.T.O.
Is motta's dick really deep inside of him?
>>
>>21097524
I’m a) certainly not saying it’s not a thing, just that these specific guys were like “stop banging drums on every full moon late into the night” and b) that sounds like an absolute nightmare and I’m sorry you were witness to it
>>21097531
Oh hey that was my other thought. Go team mindmeld.
>>
>>21097532
Nah probably not.
Just an interesting tick in Koenig's psyche.
>>
>>21097548
Strange. Is he trustworthy in his testimony and understanding of the pseudo-oto?
>>
>>21097531
>>21097544
Ha, thanks.

The last time I tried it was when I was a tween with a bunch of other idiot tweens at a birthday party, using a HasbroTM one. One of guests was clearly manipulating it to say dumb shit like "Kill (Person at party)". The candle went out and everyone but me fled the room screaming.

Hopefully it's less bullshit on my own.
>>
>>21097557
Um, I'd be reluctant to call any extant outfit pseudo OTO.

The lineal chain shattered with Germer. Any outfit is just as "legitimate" as any other, and some moreso than others in the eyes of US and UK law (for what that actually matters to you.

Koenig is the best historian the Order could ever ask for. Unfortunately he admits many anecdotes of questionable veracity so long as the stroke his particular narrative.

Read him, carefully, but take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>21097575
>7575

>morning star
>Pleiades
>to blow on or arouse, to love passionately
>to act as a priest

Ape starting his own mcOTO confirmed
>>
Please do not confuse Koenig with Koetting, one is only slightly shitty, and the other is total shit.
>>
>>21097575
I'm still trying to piece things together. Did Gunther plot to kill Motta or Claudia? Is there a link to Equinox 5:4 anywhere? If Gunther got kicked out, how is he lineal head?
Is this some sort of coup? Breeze, Gunther, and Wasserman were all Motta guys, yeah? Are they buddy buddy with each other? Is this a group takeover of both the OTO and consolidating "the only valid a.'.a.'. lineage" while attacking everybody else?
>>
>tfw you are but a simple farm woman, but you one day you start to jig so hard that you begin a “dance plague” that takes the lives of several townspeople
https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2018/jul/05/bizarre-dance-epidemic-of-summer-1518-strasbourg
>>
NOX signs during CCV? N - Puer O - Vir (Puella) X - Mulier IO PAN Mater? Literally saying N, O, and X?
>>
>>21095495
Try the sun instead
>>
>>21097791
I (Puer) O (Vir) P (Puella) A (Mulier) N (Mater Triumphans)
>>
>>21093471
Is anyone here familiar with Miguel Serrano?I really want to get a copy of Nos, Book of the Resurrection... But I'm not sure if the version on Amazon is good or not. The photo on the cover looks like it was blown up in MS paint so I'm not sure if it's worth the money. What edition of the book would I find all the illustrations of the Chakras like this one here? I really want to get that version. Fascinating stuff.
>>
>>21097628
Claudia.
Sex Magick folder, A.'.A.'.>Libri>Equinox vol 5 folder.

>how is he
He said so and Breeze (current OHO) believed him.

>coup
Sorta, the ex-Motta crew started to wield a large amount of power in the wake of the two Caliphate trials. Yes, also Martin P. Starr and a few others. Yes, Breeze once threatened to sue Seckler for using the name of A.'.A.'., she demanded a written apology with a written assurance that he'd never do that shit again. He provided.
>>
>>21098647
>Sorta, the ex-Motta crew started to wield a large amount of power in the wake of the two Caliphate trials.
"Power is assumed [not seized]."
~David Miscavige after a near death asthma attack
>>
>>21097420
You don't.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

>>21097791
>>21097998
lol
>>
File: file.png (1.46 MB, 1200x800)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
All hail QZNPT(eL)!
>>
>>21095054
>Afro-Carib material
Whoa man, I'm not a fucking nigger!
>>
https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-mystery-sarcophagus-unearthed-in-egypt-alexandria
>>
how do i live without sleep for the sake of the great work?
>>
>>21099669
Meth.
>>
>>21099673
real magicians don’t do drugs
>>
File: pUtDoAR.jpg (214 KB, 500x654)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>21099695
lol
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/07/artificial-intelligence-can-tell-your-sexuality-politics-surveillance-paul-lewis
>>
>>21099726
"Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christopher Wylie who says the company tried to replicate Kosinski’s work for ‘psychological warfare’."

Interesting.
>>
GOD MADE MAN, BUT A MONKEY SUPPLIED THE GLUE
>>
>>21099730
"Psychological warfare".

Meaning "marketing".
>>
is the golden dawn system worth it? or should i just stick with chaos
>>
File: chalice.png (33 KB, 936x189)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>21099792
The GD system was heavily influential and many, if not most, other magic(k)al groups/systems/schools that have blossomed since show at least a touch of that influence.
Even if you do not ascribe yourself to the Hermetic methods, knowing the ways and practices of the GD is worth pursuing. Knowledge is is it's own reward. Knowledge is always "worth it".
>>
>>21099818
thanks. ill keep going through that israel book
>>
>>21095462
no
>>
File: 1531295188200.jpg (61 KB, 1000x800)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Can someone recommend a book for an overview of the occult?
>>
>>21096815
Hilarious.

>>21096846
I haven't opened fb for many months. Sorry.

>>21096936
Lying old bastard.

>>21096970
No. Fairy tales are composed for a variety of reasons.

>>21097302
More or less the truth.

>>21097459
It's extremely unlikely that you know what you're asking.

>>21099978
There's a beginner's folder, up top.
>>
>>21099735
i'm sure medvedev, lavrov et al were only interested in commercial applications.
>>
What's the take on Colin Wilson's "The Occult: A History"?
>>
>>21100039
Kinda dated. I read it more than 30 yrs ago and never thought of it again.
>>
>cast sigils months ago
>omg this works
>cast more
>nothing
>omg it doesn't work
>forget about this stupid magic shit wtf was I thinking
>six months later they start to manifest

Is this normal aye?
>>
>>21100089
i mean sigils need to be forgotten in order to manifest
>>
https://pastebin.com/U6xZPinG

So now that we've shaken off the sum pastebin, i made an faq. I've just had a little running word doc open for the last few months and i've been gradually pasting answers in to these questions that we field constantly. let me know if you have something to add? If you don't like it, well, just don't put it in the OP I guess. The people will decide its fate. Feedback welcome
>>
>>21100095
Yeah I was aware of that. I guess losing faith just pushed them out of my mind for long enough to work. I mean I still thought about them from time to time but I wasn't expecting to get what I did. I thought you had to keep the belief in them.
>>
>>21100107
Not sure I should send a noob down Jones's rabbit hole. Have to think about that one.

You might consider hunting up a copy of the old alt.magick FAQ.
>>
>>21100117
He's good enough.
>>
>>21100122
And may or may not be correct in all details. I know his interpretation well, and him too well.
>>
>>21100117
>Not sure I should send a noob down Jones's rabbit hole
I didn't really think of it as a doc for noobs, more like a doc to refer people to when they ask the same questions repeatedly. I'll swap it for something, or take it out if you think it's actively sketchy to have it - I defer to you fairly completely there
>>
>>21100134
I don't know a better substitute. That's the problem.
>>
>>21100137
that was me sans trip asking about fb, nothing crazy important, I just kicked you an invitation to that campout event you and I talked about here a few weeks ago. figured since you're very vaguely in the area and seem to be the sort to generally enjoy the idea of partying with magical friends in a Babalon-themed ritual context. The date is coming up so I nudged you. should have probably nudged you a week ago, it's fairly soon at this point.
>I don't know a better substitute. That's the problem.
yeah that's how Dion Fortune's book got in there for magickal self defense ha. Got anything else to add? Any more questions that you're bored of typing a response to? I feel like that "which book to start" list could use more than just M:TP and the black brick
>>
>>21100184
Magick Without Tears, is pretty good.

Fortune's book is unfortunately rather unique.

Thanks for the invite. I will check it out.
>>
>>21100184

http://www.arcane-archive.org/faqs/faq.amagick.0010.php

Don't know whether those two assholes bawdlerized it.
>>
In Three Books, bk 1, Agrippa lists Mercury (the planet) as related to water, but I thought the normative association was Air. What gives?
>>
>>21100391
Normative?
>>
>>21100229
>Magick Without Tears, is pretty good.
thassa good idea

>>21100252
I found a different one when you suggested it
http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/magick/faq.html
>Eny ov u doodz got eny kewl spelz?
> Al ov uz doodz hav plenti ov kewl spelz.
>However, why should we share them with you?

>Why do some people put equations which are wrong after their names (e.g. 8=3)?
"why are these magicians all so bad at math?"
This is kind of funny.

>>21100229
>I will check it out.
bueno

>>21100391
>Things under Mercury are these; amongst Elements, Water, although it moves all things indistinctly
Mercury's nature is state-changing, a pretty watery feature- takes the shape of its container, etc.
>>
>>21100440
Plus, Mercury descending upon Binah.
>>
>>21100107
http://z.lvxnox.com/z/pasta/occult_101

Try this for inspiration.
>>
>>21100527
Flogging the psych model? You should be flogged.
>>
>>21100548
Cut me a break. This was last revised 20/11/2013 21:40. *BEFORE* I went psych-model.

I'm just saying, there might be something useful there to build an FAQ.
>>
>>21099669
If you get extremely proficient with certain types of meditation, you can enter states and trances where you are also resting. I've read about some buddhist monks and nuns who would do that and they'd either have to sleep way less, or not at all, because they'd get all the rest they need from meditation.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_occult_writers

You're telling me if I read all of these people I'll find what I'm looking for?
>>
>>21100584
There's an amusing thought.
>>
>>21100527
This is a very long doc, some of it’s alright. In any case you clearly put a ton of work in. It’s cute to read quotes from ape like 5 years ago. So enthusiastic. Gonna fight him for “ugh”ing Nema tho
>>21100548
*attempting to rouse the crowd for a chant*
Flog him, flog him flog him flog him!
>>
So suppose I wanna talk to a god, and I want to use a divination tool for this purpose.
What would be the best tool for the job?
Tarot?
Oracle Cards?
Runes?
A cucumber with a pink ribbon?
>>
Petition to rename Surgo >Ape of Satyr
>>
>>21100864
The one you’re best able to discern information from, imho. Like at this point I use still use tarot hard but when I use a deck that features the astrological decans as an inbuilt feature, I wind up using those primarily to interpret, because my understanding is so astrologically oriented. I bother less with the tarot designation on the cards and more with the “ok, venus in Capricorn, I know what that means.” If you have a complex system of meaning discernment based on the behavior of a ribbon flapping of a cucumber, power to you.
>>
>>21100548
>Flogging the psych model? You should be flogged.
+1
>>
>>21100884
Petition to rename Satyr >Goat of Thoth
Petition to ban Surgo for the crime of twattery
>>
>>21100888
Righto, but I don't really. I'm new to divination, I'm asking this question so I can purcahse either runes or an oracle deck or a tarot deck, so I don't really know what's best for a novice.
>>
>>21100896
>Kabb cross, more like a St. Andrew’s Cross, amirite?
>>
>>21100908
Idk man it’s your “spiritual journey.” I started with runes, then tarot. You can try bibliomancy, just like opening a page of a book. If you want a more complicated symbolic language, tarot is time honored
>>
>>21100968
I just divined using the bible. I opened it up and it said "A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.”
So i did it again and I got "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
I'm so spooked, guys.
>>
ABRAHADABRA being the formula of the aeon, implies through 418 that enochian is the means of initiation for crowned and conquering child. Thoughts, am I being too literal?

Also should I be grabbing my erect dick in Puer?
>>
The occult is for fucking faggots. Grow up. Have sex hit the weights take a shower get a clue
>>
File: 1526249677725.jpg (60 KB, 1024x520)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>21101354
Is that what you told yourself after failing to get any results?
>>
>>21101354
>t. guy who watched jordan peterson once
are you also going to tell me to make my bed and wash my balls? get a clue.
>>
>>21101303
Worked for Crowley, and others.

Not necessarily.
>>
Is there no AC and the Hidden God in the mega?
>>
File: file.png (381 KB, 360x720)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>
>>21101287
no more majik for u
>>
>>21101287
>tfw you wanted to talk to a god and you succeed but all you get on the other end of the line is some emissary of the Hebraic God bustin your balls
>>
>>21101708
Lies...
>>
I'm growing you guys.

I've levitated

Controlled the weather

Made men swoon at a single glance

I am powerful and power is me. I am divinity incarnate. Magick is in my veins. I am magick
>>
Just got Crone's Book of Charms and Spells, how will this compare to my Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Herbs? Are the herb meanings different?

Also got Mansions of the Moon For the Green Witch out of curiosity of the moon considering all I have otherwise is a farmers almanac for the year, but I think I jumped the gun having read the first few paragraphs. . .
>>
>>21101850
>Also got Mansions of the Moon For the Green Witch out of curiosity of the moon considering

Any good ?
I'm kind of obsessed with the moon to an autistic extent and I've just taken an interest in herbology so this seems right up my alley
>>
>>21101862
I'm still reading through the introduction chapter, it's interesting to see the moon divided into 28 "mansions". I'd take a second opinion though to verify if it's what you're looking for though, others here have read far more than I have.
>>
>>21100571
which types of meditation should i pursue for this?
>>
>>21101859
Idk man his is like dialed into a specific range that triggles my envy. Mine has like killer body but I keep shaving it off at every opportunity. Once I literally cut it off with a hunting knife camping - I genuinely have a will to short hair that I cannot control.
>>
Nothing I've read or learned about Bune described him as jealous. Whenever I try to work with another spirit, any spirit, not only Goetic, he seems to sabotage my efforts and leave me either sleepless later or filling my dreams with ghostly and grim vistas. I don't know how to appease him.
>>
>>21101917
Probably should build a solid foundation doing concentration meditation and vedananupassana desu
>>
>>21101938
When I lived in California, my hair fell in a mass of golden sausage curls, half-way down my back. Wet, it fell to the small of my back.

In sunglasses, I looked much like Jim Morrison -- I have larger eyes, set at a reasonable distance apart.

>>21101947
Banish the son-of-a-bitch.

This is why you don't fuck with Goets until you have enough ass to command them.
>>
Who started the prison ministry and which people are responsible for the shitshow?
>>
is there any magical herbalism, perhaps Cunningham, in the mega? I'm having trouble loading the page on my phone for whatever reason.
>>
>>21101354
>The occult is for fucking faggots. Grow up. Have sex hit the weights take a shower get a clue
I have sex, perhaps a little too much at times.
I lift weights and eat right.
I make it a point to remain as clean as possible at all times.
>>
>>21102192
Frater V.L.T. in Virginia is currently responsible.
I guess you can just blame the EC, the Executive, and Executive Triad in general for its existence.
>>
>>21102213
What body in Virginia?
>>
>>21102213
Is he a guntherfag? Are they all guntherfags?
>>
>>21102227
No body, just a P.O. box.
I IMAGINE he associates but who fuckin' knows.

>>21102229
Yes.
>>
>>21102237
Just curious. I didn't think there were any substantial bodies in Virginia.
>>
>>21102237
Wanker
>>
>>21102237
>>21102257
Why are "bodies" so important to Thelemites?
>>
>>21102275
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Local+body
>>
>>21102280
You are ignoring me or they don't let you read me?
>>
>>21102283
Well explain to me how you can have a functioning national level initiatory organization WITHOUT local bodies from which to operate and maybe you'll figure out why they're important.
>>
shit broke the thread.
>>
>>21102318
Dude we talk everyday shut up
>>
>>21102328
?

>>21102320
???
>>
>>21102280
I will rephrase.
Why is lodge membership so important to Thelemites?
>>
>>21102330
Things happening stay tuned.
>>
>>21102337
It's not, it's important to Thelemites.

>>21102339
Pic related.
>>
>>21102318
>maybe you'll figure out why they're important.
me:
>>21102275
not me:
>>21102283
>>21102328

This anonymous shtick is annoying as hell.
>>
>>21102350
>it's important to Thelemites
Goddamnit, OTO members, jesus pigfucking christ.
>>
>>21102337
Density. Lodges are more interesting.
>>
>>21102355
see
>>21102356

>>21102360
Also this, I guess.
>>
>>21102360
>>21102363
Are there many heated debates? Is debate governed by Robert's Rules of Order?

Sounds like a curse party, desu.
>>
Hey Satyr (or anyone else who's familiar with Enochian), is Regardies' ritual material on the subject adequate for establishing/setting the Watchtowers? Or is there something better out there I'm missing?
>>
Chaos wizardry is key to survival.
>>
File: holy-kek.jpg (696 KB, 569x1352)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>21098647
holy fuck, i read that intro bit to equinox 5:4. pic related. i cant believe how many people motta shits on in one go.
>>
>>21102356
So what do you think of this now?
>>
>>21102462
Did you catch the part where he shits on Robert Anton Wilson?

>>21102399
Proper Golden Dawn.
But proper Golden Dawn isn't proper Enochian.

>>21102475
[comment redacted]
>>
Liber null promethious rising.
What else is KEY for chaos magick? I believe I've read all the major ones
>>
>>21102399
His, Ceremonial Magic, does a good job of showing how to mine the GD material. By understanding the mechanics of Dee's system as received, you can decide on order, structure, that sort of thing. The rest is aesthetics.
>>
>>21102483
>Did you catch the part where he shits on Robert Anton Wilson?
aye. how much of this is paranoia and how much is legit? should i email gunther a screencap of his part there and call him a nig?
>>
>>21102257
There aren’t, as far as I know. WBL serves the Tristate area
>>21102399
team mindmeld in action again, that’s exactly what I’m doing rn is using ‘Ceremonial Magic’ to learn the watchtowers. I need to memorize LRH tho, I’m a trash magician
>>
Of what nature would an entity related to careers and finances be? I'm getting some mixed answers and I'm not sure if I need to narrow my search terms or look elsewhere.
>>
>>21102462
Never been happier to not be involved in any orders. Fuck this drama.
>>
>>21102462
I’m a dues paying member of that same order and I have never experienced any drama at the local level. But I guess it should be a surprise to exactly no one that a spiritual structure that focuses heavily upon the power of the individual is doing a bad job at finding satisfaction in its hierarchical power structure
>>
So what do you guys think *actually* happened at the end of Young Goodman Brown?
>>
>>21102843
LOL speaking of discerning meaning from fluttering ribbons. Being assigned that story in high school like turned me pagan.
>>
>>21102897
I still love it, personally. I put several Hawthorne pieces in a similar category, or right next door to, E.A. Poe.
>>
>>21098824
>For example, in the A.'.A.'. system of attainment,
>the Probationer is to perform the Star Ruby on a
>daily basis

According to whom?
>>
>>21102946
Did you bring it up because of the mention of pink ribbons in the thread earlier today?
>My Faith is gone!” cried he, after one stupefied moment. “There is no good on earth; and sin is but a name. Come, devil! for to thee is this world given.”
>He looked up to the sky, doubting whether there really was a Heaven above him. Yet, there was the blue arch, and the stars brightening in it.
Very thelemic really
>>
I've been going through super old /omg/s from 2013-2014 in the archives. The trolls and autists from then sound ridiculously similar to autists that have that's been flooding these threads these past few weeks/months.
I wouldn't put it past one or two of them to stick around for 5 years for the sole reason of trolling this thread. Autism can be a very powerful drug.
>>
File: mansions.jpg (65 KB, 411x500)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
This book refers to the Waxing moon as "complete" while the Waning moon as "diminishing". Now Buckland refers to the Waning as destructive, but I have read other sources online refer to the waxing moon as "young" while the waning moon as essentially finishing things, rather than "diminishing".

Anyone want to elaborate on the Maiden, Mother, and Crone/ Waxing, full, and Waning moons?
>>
>>21103108
I prefer to think of it as a process of inhilation and exhilation
>>
>>21103108
What part of those things are contradictory, in your view? It helps me to imagine the astronomical aspect of what’s literally happening as the moon progresses through those phases- my understanding is inextricably caught up in that. Light and shadow is like rolling across the face of it in varying proportion as it rolls in orbit around the earth, cycling from full light to full dark.
>>
>>21103201
it's more the part of wanting to finish things and being more productive, this book refers to the waxing moon being that while other things I've read online say that the waning moon is more mature and productive
>>
Is reading degenerate?
>>
>>21101643
There's a certain irony to this image
>>
>>21103295
if you confine yourself to headlines and other bite-sized blurbs, yes.
>>
>>21102483
>>21102582
Link? I generally like Bob a lot and am curious to see genuine points against him.
>>
>>21093471
A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow, the Horus Guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's... nose drips
>>
>>21103441
No point that Motta made *against RAW* is legitimate. Motta's a very strange topic. The man was abjectly paranoid to the point of illness. He was also correct more often than many of his detractors like to admit. In many respects he's a mirror image of Grant - where Grant was deluded by fantasy, Motta had his innate paranoia stoked by actual traitors (an admittedly small minority) and politics, both international and internal.
>>
>>21104078
Why do some people fawn over Motta's commentaries? Are they really that good? They don't seem that way to me. He seems to be quite noobish in a bunch of regards. I guess that's to be expected if you're just a zelator. Why do people take a zelator's words as gospel?
>>
>>21104095
Cult of personality.

Germer died when he was Zelator on paper. To Germer he was acting....Imperator, which is at least 6=5? I don't recall.

There's a very significant difference between your station on paper and your station in-reality.
>>
>>21104110
Is there any effective way to test someone's degree? In an ideal, universal A.'.A.'., imagine if anyone who's achieved a high enough degree would have it recognized automatically
>>
>>21102483
Well I understand that, just having a hell of a time finding things that are "proper Enochian." I've been reading TFR and the Diaries, the latter of which is a goddamn nightmare to read and makes my eyes hurt. Getting a Kindle Paperwhite just to be able to read it without going blind from eyestrain at my laptop. So, now I'm also trying to see how other magicians do Enochian magic to supplement.

I've already read through Crowley's most explicitly Enochian material several times. Been falling down the Jones hole as much as the material is online, such as in the Hermetic Library. But they're missing all of the Center for Enochian Studies volumes. And it's not in the mega here as far as I can see, but I'll keep hunting.

>>21102582
Really, I just want to take the material out of the box in some way, because I feel like I'm hitting my limits in terms of understanding just from reading. Thanks for the advice, it's really helpful.

>>21102487
This happens way too frequently here.
>>
>>21102462
From the perspective of time... he's mostly right.

Funny how things turn around.

>>21102979
IIRC, that was around the time I was studying under A.D. Doyle, and naively took that statement seriously.

Both Eales and Rovelli's branches have a strong obsession with overthrowing Motta's "Christist egregore".

>>21103314
You don't say.

>>21104078
It's been my perspective for a while a few years back that magick requires a certain dose of paranoia to boost result-getting.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.