[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 97601.jpg (106 KB, 600x750)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Ascetism

Do you practice any form of it?
Is it any good/does it really work?
>>
>>21105851
it is about being able to sustain yourself in different circumstances without whining like a little spoiled brat
>>
>>21105883
Isn't that stoicism?
>>
>>21105883
Asceticism is the synonym

"Asceticism (/əˈsɛtJsJzəm/; from the Greek: ἄσkησις áskesis, "exercise, training") is a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from sensual pleasures, often for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals"
>>
abstinence without aversion/desire for the purpose of detachment
>>
>>21105891
stoicism is an ascetic practise
>>
I did for some time.
Actually everyone is an ascetic.
Everyone is losing something, always. Honor, time, food, wealth, strength, health.

The longest classical ascetic practice I did was a five day dry fast. You can't do it around people, they don't often understand. I was living outdoors at the time, travelling all around the UK.
>>
>>21106106
No, it's a school of philosophy.
What exactly is ascetic about them?
>>
File: IMG_20180712_142624.jpg (2.69 MB, 3036x4048)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
I'm developing my first ritual - to invoke the energies of the astral triangle and triune goddess. Please critique. For your pleasure:
>Ritual of the T(h)ree Trunk
>in Hoor Par Kraat, facing east, cry IAO
>Stepping into the 1/3 of each sephira surrounding Ieosd, vibrate godnames from Malkuth to Netzach. While assuming the respective elemental grade signs
>retire to Iesod, surrounded by Malkuth, Hod, Netzach
>in the attitude of Pan , raise arms forming a gamma
>feel the horns of pan, the left THELEMA (Hod), right AGAPE
>call the triune goddess. Maiden Malkuth, Crone Hod, Mother Netzach. Join all three in the center
>worship the triple goddess in paean
>IAO to close
>>
>>21106956
Fuck me wrong thread
>>
>>21107064
i like your hands.
>>
>>21107077
gotta hand it to me
>>
>>21105891
It's called being pragmatic.
>>
>>21106094
Incel detected
>>
>>21107077
They haven't worked a day!
>>
Asceticism is the path to trancedance when the caste systems have broken down. It is the modern man's only option, unless you want to join the revolutionary reactionaries.
>>
>>21110966
What type of asceticism do you recommend?
>>
>>21105851
Intermittent fasting. No sex. Planning on not purchasing anything other than the basics for the next month.
>>
>>21110364
Well it's a good thing I only work nights

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.