[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest Final Round - 4chan Pass users can now vote on one of the top 20 entries!

File: Unbenannt.png (112 KB, 408x418)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
I need some help please.
I modeled a simple chest in maya and then exported it as an .fbx into unity. in maya everything is alright but in unity i get a weird triangle thats not supposed to like that. It seems its because of a normal being wrong, the error only occurs when i import the values from maya. but i checked the normals there and they seem to be fine. Any suggestion?
>>
Lol bruh
>>
>>645466
Post the model with the wireframe
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (42 KB, 1019x490)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>645475
not sure how this is supposed to help but here you go..
>>
>>645476
I just wanted to take a look at the structure to kow whats going on.
What I can tell you is that those trips are fucking up your model. I always model in quads because every time I import a model with trips to a game engine, I end up having a similar error.
Try modelling that part in quads and see if it helps
>>
>>645478
actually i just deleted the tri and made a new onw it that place and it works now like intended. So something was up with it indeed, I just would like to know what exactly. Its not the normals but thats all I know.
>>
>>645479
Maybe duplicate vertices/hidden face?
>>
>>645480
nope, i checked that too.
also I just remember that it MIGHT still be the normals despite me saying otherwise in my last post. When i tell unity to calculate the normals by itself and not use the ones from maya it looks fine. I recalculated all the normals on the faces in maya and I didnt change anything tho. now that i type this, i recalculated the face normals, not the vertex normals. gonna try that out. would make sense too, just one corner of the tri is fucked, maybe theres the problem. Well thanks for your help anyone, bro
>>
>>645481
Check that your UV's are actually connected near that triangle, i wanna bet that vert in the middle of that semi circle is floating, it should attach to all the triangles in that semi circle

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.