[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: ouNDlP_i.jpg (32 KB, 298x298)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
why are Japanese so britboo?
>>
>>163364347
Because it's a great country with a long history?
>>
File: 8020.png (146 KB, 620x531)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>163364395
>great country
>>
>>163364500
Well yes, Great Britain.
>>
>>163364520
Just in the name
>>
We're an island nation full of people that feel smugly superior to the nearby continentals. Plus we brought curry to Japan.
>>
>>163364586
And many other things. The sailor school uniform which features in every anime, for example, is from the UK originally.
>>
>>163364347
Beacause, you are... a puppet.
>>
They are chunni shits thats why
>>
Because of the british-Japanese partnership and such during the meiji era.
>>
File: 1506345895648.jpg (58 KB, 268x265)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>163364347
Tell me again why they made king arthur a girl?
>>
>>163364500
>He says in English
>>
>>163364347
Because UK along with France are the most relevant European countries through history and represents the western culture the best
>>
>>163364703
Cuz that feels right
>>
>>163364703
so u can fuk it n not feel gai
>>
>>163364872
>France
>Somehow more relevant through history than Spain
>Somehow more relevant than Germany throughout the last century
>Somehow representative of western culture even though only the French and some Africans speak the language
Okay, Pierre.
>>
>>163364927
Pick up some history books and educate yourself.
>>
>>163364927
>being THIS retarded
>>
Can I be literally Saber if I try hard enough. Also almost wizard now.
>>
>>163364944
I have. That's why I know France is a joke compared to Spain and Germany. All it's had is Napoleon and a limping role in imperialism. Nice try, Jacques.

Look around you: The entire world outside of East Asia speaks English and Spanish, not French. And East Asia likes to know English. Something happened at some point in time to cause this but I guess it wasn't history?
>>
File: the power of vr.webm (2.9 MB, 700x392)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>163364958
It takes at least the power of 5 wizards to become a little girl and 4 of them have to sacrifice themselves in the process so nobody ever does it.
>>
>>163364927
France is way more important than Spain, Carlos.
And I'm American.
>>
>>163364729

50 years from now England won't speak English.
>>
>>163364999
The British will rise again.
>>
>>163364984
http://www.vistawide.com/languages/top_30_languages.htm

I wonder what he meant by this.
>>
>>163364927
>culture only means language
Please think twice before posting shit like this.
>>
>>163364983
That is too bad.
>>
>>163365045
Good job, you conquered a bunch of Indians 400 years ago!
Now, what have you done since?
And you don't even still control them , or even have a half-decent relationship, like Britain and its colonies.
>>
>>163365045
That doesn't mean anything.
Tell me what influence Bangladesh had one the world?
It has triple the native speakers of France.
>>
>>163365071
I don't know why you prefer to samefag repetitively instead of form an argument, but language is representative of culture, yes. Anthropology 100. You could try arguing with facts instead of insults, works better.
>>
>>163365094
What? I'm American. I am only using facts to demonstrate that Spain and Germany have played larger roles than France in the contemporary landscape of the world from an unbiased perspective, out of nothing but interest in accuracy.

>>163365105
That only furthers how irrelevant France is. What's important are the big numbers. Chinese speakers, English speakers, Spanish speakers, huge. Not really helping your case there, nor are you using any facts to reinforce your argument.
>>
>>163365110
>waa people disagree with me and call me names, must be a samefag
You ok there?
>>
>>163364703
Gives a reason for some initial aloofness after becoming King.
But also because drawing cute girls is probably better for an eroge.
>>
>>163364927
Carlos, I...
>>
>>163365175
It's fairly obvious since none of the responses have the characteristic of defending their position with facts, and there aren't four people browsing this thread who are obsessed with France enough and ignorant of history enough to respond to my post in such a way. Really depressing. Aren't there any facts that back up your views?
>>
>>163364919
You lost me.
>>
>>163365169
Napoleon was the single most important event in Europe, and therefore the world, for the hundred years before, as well as the hundred years after.
Not to mention Charlemagne, France's strong position in European politics throughout the middle-ages, Etc.
Yes, both Span and Germany have been important in history. But not as important as France.
>>
>>163365169
Spain peaked way too early. And as far as I can tell Latin America doesn't owe that much to them beyond language.
The French revolution was huge. Like the industrial revolution of politics. And French had already been the language of diplomacy for centuries.
>>
>>163365245
Napoleon was post-Imperialism, too late to affect the world as a whole. He had a profound impact on much of Europe, yes, but Europe is not the world, you have shifted goalposts, and even then, Germany ended up having a larger impact in the end, through two world wars and the founding of the EU, not to mention being the center of western history for centuries during HRE times.
>Charlemagne
The guy who founded the country that ended up being Germany? Okay. Embarrassing.
>>
File: 61561.jpg (81 KB, 1274x713)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>163365228
>people call out obvious retarded post
>why don't you prove I'm retarded?
Sorry, not going to waste time on some "history pro" revisionist.
>>
>>163365316
>Latin America doesn't owe that much to them beyond language.
Yeah I forgot that religion, music, architecture, and customs have nothing to do with culture. My bad.

>The French revolution was huge.
For France.
>>
>>163365322
Yeah, fuck facts, especially if they can't be used to support your argument.
>>
>>163364532
>>163364520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdVnEbHZjzo
>>
>>163365319
>The guy who founded the country that ended up being Germany?
Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>163365509
But that's true.
>>
>>163365533
That anon keeps spewing half truths that fits his point of view.
>>
>>163365548
No, it's literally true. Charlemagne founded the Holy Roman Empire which today we refer to as "Germany".
>>
File: saber BTFO.jpg (564 KB, 800x2400)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>
>>163365613
He was king of Franks, who are French and somewhat German.
What he did was reunite the barbarians in the east over the Rhine that crushed Rome then purged the pagans so only catholic faith remains.
Look at that map.
>>
>>163365613
>Charlemagne founded the Holy Roman Empire
>That refer to as Germany
You do know the Holy Roman Empire belonged to the Austrian Emperor and that modern Germany was born from Prussia absorbing the BTFO kingdoms of HRE.

German Empire is called the Second Reich because HRE was a German nation/empire.
>>
>>163365794
The logic you are using would make England Danish. Nice try, though.

>>163365832
Yeah, I just find it funny that someone is referring to Charlemagne when discussing how France is more influential to world history than Germany. It's oxymoronic.
>>
>>163364347
>Britboo

You didn't even put any attempt into that. Apply yourself OP.
>>
File: worldbuilding.png (11 KB, 1032x167)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>163364703
>>
>>163365788
goddamn ilya calm the fuck down that face is to smug and lewd for a child
>>
>>163365437
what a fag
>>
File: ily.jpg (36 KB, 800x600)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>163366163
>child
>>
File: extra fucking legal.jpg (399 KB, 1280x1817)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>163366236
no you cant use magic to convince me that the loli was legal all along
>>
>>163364703
So he could get fucked by whatever that guy's name is
>>
>>163365794
The french are gallic, the franks are germanic, you retard.Karolus Magnus wanted to unite all the German people under the catholic faith. He never cared about purging pagans, he cared about purging German pagans. He was German.
>>
>>163365354
Different anon but please.

Important for everyone. The French Revolution and the Revolutionary/Napoleonic Wars that followed were THE defining event of the last 300 years, and definite ranks among the top 5 events that shaped human history. To say it's only relevant to France is amazingly autistic, frankly idiotic, and mostly shows a stunning lack of understanding of the roots of the modern era.

Everything from the spread of nationalism, liberal/democratic ideals, the decline of aristocratic and monarchist systems, German/Italian/other self-determination, militarism, the Revolutions of 1848 and WW1-2, military/economic/financial advances, the birth of ideology and the roots of Communism and fascism...I could go on. The French Revolution is just THAT big of a historical event.

I honestly think there should be more focus on Spain too (gief El Cid as a servant plox), but to say France is less relevant historically than even Germany is just so utterly wrong, especially considering the whole concept of a German nation is only really present from the 19th century and onward, and DIRECTLY OWES ITSELF to the French Revolution and Napoleon, for dismantling the HRE, reorganizing the thousands of squabbling princedoms into much fewer states, exporting nationalism, and forming the Confederation of the Rhine (the prototype for the German Confederation that Prussia would later co-opt to establish the German Empire).

tl;dr: so, so so wrong.
>>
>>163366527
French Revolution was less important than the American Revolution.
>>
>>163365832
>You do know the Holy Roman Empire belonged to the Austrian Emperor
Only later in history, not always. But saying Austria is not German is retarded. Why did Hitler absorb Austria if it's not German?
>>
File: hitler reacts.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>163366652
he was a dick that's why
>>
>>163366502
>He was German
I think you need to look up his family.
>>
>>163366527
The only important part about the french revolution was Napoleon (who is an Italian). Without Napoleon the French Virtues would have never gotten spread in Europe since not a single non-french was pro-revolution at this point.
The most important thing Napoleon did was, like you already said, being an important part of the creation of Germany, which was the main player in History from then on. The biggest thing France did was helping the rise of Germany.
>>
>>163366652
>But saying Austria is not German is retarded.
Nobody is saying that directly. Austria is German, but the Germany we know of was founded by Prussia who went to war against Austria for control of Germany back when the North German Confederation existed.

This was known as the Austro-Prussian War. This war set back Germany's and Austria relationship until the 1900s before WWI started.

The war was literally started by Bismarck who hated the fuck out of Austria and wanted to unite North Germans and not include Southern Germans. He also didn't like Catholicism. If the German Empire had survived WWI the original intent of Wilhelm II was to absorb the remaining part of Austria into the Empire. Austrians also don't like being compared with Germany or being grouped in with those Germans for a heads up.

>Only later in history.
This is the only thing that matters in the end as this is what effects the world now.
>>
>>163364500
>>163364520
>doesn't have basic freedom
>great
>>
>>163366621
Fuck no. It's important, but entirely pales to the utterly paradigm shattering implications of the French Revolution.

There's a reason the Code Napoleon serves as the basis of the legal systems of basically most of Europe save Britain, why we think of politics on a left-right scale, how Europe consolidated from literally thousands of tiny statelets (mostly in the HRE), how Spain and Portugal lost their colonies, and why Marxist endlessly write about the French Revolution.

The American Revolution saw to the transition of power from British elites to colonial elites. The French Revolution saw to the overthrow of the entire pre-existing social structure and FAR more radical advances in democratic experimentation.

It wasn't till Jackson that non-landed white men could vote in the US, remember, and the electoral college and Senate were implemented to keep the rabble/mob from having too much say in government.
>>
>>163364347
YT culture intrigues nips like nip culture intrigues YTs.
>>
>>163366752
It seems you're just a dense autist who can't admit a mistake, gotcha. I have no leg in this nationalist pissing match, so good night.

I hope you realize how stupid you sound going on about how Napoleon was Italian of all things and are seemingly hell-bent on trying to justify a shitty "France r irrelevant" stance in a thread about genderbent historical waifus.
>>
>>163366768
The Holy Roman Empire was called from the 15th century on:Sacrum Imperium Romanum Nationis Germanicæ ( Heiliges Römisches Reich Deutscher Nation/ Holy Roman Empire of German Nations)
Why wasn't it called Holy Roman Empire of Austrian Nations if it's all about Austria? Because Austria is a part of Germany

> the original intent of Wilhelm II was to absorb the remaining part of Austria into the Empire
Only shows that Austria is a rightful part of Germany. Austria was in the first Reich, in the third Reich and they were supposed to be a part of the second Reich.

> Austrians also don't like being compared with Germany or being grouped in with those Germans for a heads up.
And Germany doesn't like Hitler. We had a lot of propaganda in the last few years.
>>
>>163366804
young tigers?
>>
>>163366799
>The American Revolution pales to the utterly paradigm shattering implications of the French Revolution

>American Revolution created the longest modern constitutional republic in history.
>United States as a country experienced only one civil war and its idea of Republicanism spread throughout the world and heavily influenced the French Revolution.
>Due to the American Revolution and the ground work created by it, the United States was able to establish dominance over an entire continent and another one, maintained it, and was able to establish itself as the world global power THAT DIDNT JUST LAST 10 YEARS.
>>
>>163366890
Napoleons family came from Tuscany. How is he not Italian?
>>
>>163366905
He lived and grew up in France?
>>
>>163366895
>Because Austria is a part of Germany.
Austria is a German nation, BUT IT IS NOT PART OF GERMANY! Wilhelm I, Bismarck, Frederick III all agreed that Austria was not part of Germany (State founded by Prussia) and went to war over it!

>We had a lot of propaganda in the last few years.
Are you retarded. Prussia and Austria absolutely hated each other. Austria does not like the Germans in the north. It also should be noted THAT AUSTRIA DID NOT WANT TO BE PART OF THE GERMAN EMPIRE!
>>
>>163364927
>Italy not mentioned
???
>>
File: 1498645653662.jpg (39 KB, 374x347)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>163366740
>The Carolingian dynasty
> Old High German word *karling, kerling, meaning "descendant of Charles"

>Franks
> a collection of Germanic peoples that originated in the lands between the Lower and Middle Rhine
>>
>>163366900
And that is important, I agree, but the geopolitics that would ultimately allow for Manifest Destiny and the rise of the US, from the Louisiana Purchase, Mexican Independence and Spanish decline, etc. are entirely reliant on the Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars to facilitate. And the American Revolution did not have the same impact on the very way we think of politics, national identity, law, military hierarchies, and even social and religious structures. The Latin American independence movements, and particularly Simon Bolivar, looked to France, not the US, for guidance and model, for instance.
>>
>>163366924
>born 1769 in Corsica
>part of France since 1768
He is as French as spaghetti
Tell me, is a Nigger that's born in Sweden Swedish? Is a Nigger born in a French colony in Africa French?
>>
>>163367024
His father sent him to milliary school in France and grew up there
>>
>>163366905
He's from Corsica you dolt (which had come under French rule), and he both grew up and matured under French rule and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, thought of himself as French.

Nationality depends on personal identification, not where you are born or what languages you speak. I can be (and am) Chinese, Canadian, and American, wrap your head around that.
>>
>>163367024
Former yes, latter yes if he identifies himself as such, and btfo racist shit.
>>
>>163366935
The frist Reich agreed that Austria is a part of Germany, so did the third Reich and, like you already said, decided the second Reich that it's a part of Germany as well. Prussia had their moments with Austria, but Prussia isn't the only German state and the only reason they fought was because both wanted to be the main power in Germany
>>
>>163364347
Because they're a fellow island nation with a snowflake culture and a taste for exporting common prosperity with warships.
>>
>>163367064
Is a person a car if they're born in a garage?
>>
>>163367012
>American Revolution did not have the same impact on the very way we think of politics, national identity
Yes it did. Majority of the democratic/republic systems that run the world are inspired by the United States and the American Revolution. Not too mention during the time of the 18th century and 19th century there was already a wave of Nationalism and identity, you idiot

The Manifest Destiny was born from the Americans thinking it was their right to spread westward and spread the ideals of Republicanism. Not too mention there was other nationalists movements within Europe especially in Eastern Europe (Which helped caused the cluster fucks of wars.)

You are correct about the reformation of law (Which heavily impacted Europe) and military tactics/strategies (Napoleon Warfare changed the way war was fought, though it didn't change the heirarches). The Prussian Model changed military hierarchies throughout the world as modern militarizes are based off the Prussian model.
>>
File: 1498065900545.jpg (297 KB, 1280x720)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>163367043
>>163367049
>>163367064
It's clear that only an American mongrel without the understanding of nationality can be this wrong.
You can't be french just because you think you're french. You can't be female just because you think you are. Different people from different nations are different because their genes are. nature is more important than nurture. Many traditions come from characteristics of those people. And a person with different blood can never understand this.
>>
How many people on /a/ play FGO and what version?
>>
>>163367095
>The first Reich agreed that Austria is part of Germany
Because the HRE was a confederation of Germany states numb nuts.

>So did the Third Reich
Nazi Germany was the continuation of the Weimar Republic and not a Third reich.

>Decided the Second Reich that its part of Germany.
Wilhelm II was retarded and wanted Austria in the Empire while the military staff didn't. This was also going along with the idea of Pan-Germanism idiot. Austria is NOT PART of Germany.

Holy Roman Empire was ran by the Austrian Royal Family.
German Empire DID NOT ADD Austria to the Empire, but recognized them as Germans.
Weimar Republic (Nazi Germany; There is no Third Reich) annexed (illegally) Austria as a state to it.

>Prussia had their moments with Austria
>Prussia isn't the only German State
If you know anything about Germany. Prussia WAS the German State. Bavaria (The second biggest state in the Empire and later Weimar Republic) got absolutely BTFO by Prussia who dominated the German Empire, Its policies, ALL MILITARIES reported to the Prussian Military who became the Imperial German Army.
>>
>make any positive comment on UK and France
>wehraboo spergs immediately come out of the woodwork
Every fucking time.
>>
>>163367178
>You can't be french just because you think you're french
That's how it was before the French revolution.
>>
>>163364347
By turning their mythical ruler into a moe girl that gets fucked by a Japanese teenager?
>>
File: if britain did fsn.jpg (595 KB, 1250x1800)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>163367229
oh fuck is that what's happening here? I was wondering why you all were talking about history on a
>>
>>163364347
I'm gradually starting to fear that even this could be found to be my fault somehow
>>
>>163367229
>Make any positive comment on the US
>French, Brit, Soviet, Russ, Jap, Chinese, Commi, Wehraboos comes out the wood works.
The butthurt is real.
>>
Nice /pol/ thread nigger
>>
>>163364347
Because Great Britain is an island nation similar to Japan, and managed to build the largest empire in the world. Japan believed they could learn from Great Britain and build the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere .
>>
>>163367136
In the post WWII era, yes, but not before. The Latin American revolutionaries looked to France and Napoleon for initial inspiration, and But that in and of itself is rooted in the political and social upheavals in Europe that stems directly from the French Revolution, the rise of the US is dependent on Spanish/British decline and disinterest in the New World, and Florida, Louisiana and even spoils from the Mexican-American wars would be significantly harder to realize. It might still happen, but still.

As for Eastern Europe, the ideals of nationalism and self-determination stem from Napoleonic ideals.

Again, I agree that the American Revolution is important, but you are underselling the total impact of the French Revolution.
>>
>>163367291
Fortunately, not only was I not involved with this in any way, I didn't even read the VN until I was an adult
>>
>>163367328
>The Latin American revolutionaries looked to France and Napoleon.
No they didn't. They literally asked the US for assistance and ideas, just like France when kick starting their Revolutions.

The US also had the Monroe Doctrine which promised the US would stop the fiddling of other countries in the New World. The British interest didn't fade as it was their nay that assisted in the US in enforcing its Monroe Doctrine as other nations had to get past them to reach North/South America.
>>
>>163367222
>(Nazi Germany; There is no Third Reich)
On what basis are you saying this?

Germany is the nation of the German people, right? A nation is made up from it's people, how come that people of the same nationality are a part of different nations?

> Prussia WAS the German State
Prussia was Prussia, a part of Germany and a major player in the German Confederation, just like Austria. There can be only one leader of Germany so they lead a war against each other. It was a conflict of interest, not hate for each other.
>>
>>163367202
I'm playing the japanese Version.
>>
>>163367386
*Navy
It also should be noted that you were right about the Spain part as they were fading in power that assisted in the US dominance and other countries in South America slowly gaining track to their independence.
>>
>>163367178
Watching you try and justify xenophobia and nativism by clinging to to socially constructed and outdated conceptions of ethnic nationalism is fun.

Hint, the basis of Western nationalism since the 1800s has been civic, not ethnic, nationalism (France in particular, especially during it's colonial phase).

Also before the Revolution, no one really gave two fucks about where people in Europe was born. Generals, kings/queens, etc. moved around all the time. The current English monarchal dynasty were ethnic Germans since before the Revolution, so lol.
>>
>>163366380
She was born 18 years ago. She was 8 when Kirei left her, 10 years ago.

She has a driver's license.
>>
>>163367478
>Kirei
I meant Kiritugu, fuck.
>>
File: Berser-Car.png (443 KB, 602x540)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>163367478
>>
>>163367387
>On what basis are you saying this.
The very fact that Nazi Germany is literal Weimar Republic and that the Weimar Republic is not a continuation/successor of the Holy Roman Empire and German Empire.

>How come that people of the same nationality are part of different nations.
German is not just a nationality it is also a ethnicity. Prussians and Austrians were both Germans and hated each other, having different religion, norms, and HISTORY despite being the same ethnicity.

The Netherlands are Germans, but they are different state and independent.

After the Austro-Prussian War:
German Empire was born as a German state dominated by the Prussians.
Austrian Empire (Later: Austria-Hungarian Empire) was born as a German state dominated by Austria and many other ethnicity, that collapsed from ethnic nationalism.


>Pruss WAS the Germany State
>Prussia was Prussia
>A part of Germany
You are not understanding. The NATIONAL Identity of Germany was born after the Franco-Prussian. German the ethnicity has existed for a long time.

The German Empire became the national state of Germany formed by Germans who sided with Prussia. Austria left the German Confederation after the war to create the Austrian Empire see above. Austria despite being comprised of Germans was not part of Germany nor was it involved in Germany's internal/foreign affairs as a member state.

It was an independent German state under a different name, monarch, history, military, and etc like the Netherlands.
>>
>>163367405
Got many 5* anon?
>>
>>163367386
Simon Bolivar, one of the most critical Latin American revolutionaries, spent a buttload of time in Paris during the Revolution, and idolized Napoleon till he formed the Empire, and the weakening of Spain was necessary for the Revolutions to succeed.

Also, without discussing the tooth behind the Monroe doctrine (the US didn't have the military to actually enforce it without Britain until ~the 1860s and the Civil War, and when it was issued was entirely panned internationally, save by the British), the Latin American independence movements had already won their independence by the time of the declaration, with Simon on the last of his campaigns.
>>
>>163367463
>Hint, the basis of Western nationalism since the 1800s has been civic, not ethnic, nationalism
That changed since the 1900s, get with the time grandpa
> (France in particular, especially during it's colonial phase)
And look what it brought them. They got btfo three times by Germany and today they are a shadow of themself, nothing more than a victim to terrorism.
>Also before the Revolution, no one really gave two fucks about where people in Europe was born.
The only reason Eumenes lost the war after Alexanders death was because he was Greek and not Macedonian and people didn't trust him as a foreigners
>>
>>163367578
I've got 6 but two of them are Waver and Merlin so I'm pretty good.
>>
>>163367615
>About the Monroe Doctrine
See: >>163367408
The US didn't need to enforce it as the British Navy kept everyone away. Latin America at first praised the US for this action, but thought them as annoying as the US poked its affairs into South America being viewed as it director.

>Didn't have to enforce it until the 1860s.
Yesh, the US after the declaration of the Monroe Doctrine did some things in South America. The US assisted Mexico after the Civil War to push out the French when they invaded it during the Civil War and part of the Monroe Doctrine helped start the Spanish-American War.
>>
>>163367545
>Weimar Republic
The third Reich is no republic. They never changed the constitution but that's because they didn't need to. They just ignored the existence of Weimar.
> Prussians and Austrians were both Germans and hated each other, having different religion, norms, and HISTORY despite being the same ethnicity.
Prussians and Bavarians are both Germans and hated each other, having different religion, norms, and HISTORY despite being the same ethnicity.

>The Netherlands are Germans, but they are different state and independent.
At one point every German state was independent.

>You are not understanding. The NATIONAL Identity of Germany was born after the Franco-Prussian.
No, you don't understand. The NATIONAL Identity of Germany was born after the defeat of Napoleon. Just listen to "Was ist des deutschen Vaterland". That's pre-Franco-Prussian.
>>
>>163367675
Damn I started playing in early Sept I have 9 5* I rolled 700 quartz from doing story quests for Merlin and didn't get him or any 5*
>>
>>163367675
>>163367578

FGOfags get the fuck back into your general ffs
>>>/vg/
>>
>>163367790
>The Weimar Republic under the control of the Nazi Party is no Republic
No fucking shit it became a single party state, but it DID NOT CREATE A THIRD REICH. This is like saying a new state, a new Soviet Unon was formed after Stalin's death and the elimination of his cult of personality.

>The NATIONAL Identity of German was born after the defeat of Napoleon.
You went full retarded. The IDEA of unified/centralized German State able to sustain itself was born from the defeat of Napoleon, but not the National Identity. Even after his defeat though the German State did not go through with his Idea till later on with the German Confederations; Bismarck was a literally attendee when a young politician in Prussia to talks about a unified Germany with other German states with Austria.

It ended in disaster and Bismarck being sent to Russia where he thought of a Unified German with Prussia as the leader of it all.
>>
What the fuck isgoing on in this thread
>>
>>163364703
So the jap self insert could dick her
>>
>>163367924
Yeah fuck the guys talking about fate lets keep posting about unrelated historical shit instead! Kill yourself moron.
>>
File: 1499585384170.gif (3.18 MB, 652x623)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB GIF
>>163367924
>people are talking about Fate in a Fate related thread
>>
>>163367983
German History.
>>
>>163364999
/pol/ plz go fuck yourself
>>
>>163368065
Define "unrelated."

>>163368071
>talking about a Fate mobile game outside of the Fate mobile game thread*

>>163368095
Not OP, but not every racially charged, factually correct statement comes from /pol/, dipshit
>>
>>163367732
Mexico was already independent when that happened, bro, and that happened was after the Civil War when Napoleon III tried to install a Habsburg onto the throne of Mexico for whatever reason.

The Monroe doctrine is important later into the 19th/20th centuries, but not during the time period we're discussing (Latin American independence, 1800-1825ish).
>>
>>163367948
>Weimar is a democratic Republic
>the Third Reich is an undemocratic, facist state
>but they are totally the same

Pleae explain "Was ist des deutschen Vaterland".
It goes like
>What's the German Fatherland
>It's Austria, Prussia, Switzerland, Bavaria, etc.
>It's everywhere German is spoken
>It's everywhere loyality is the greatest virtue
>It's everywhere the French are hated
>etc.
They weren't united, but a nation is its people, not the other way around. Germany existed the moment the idea of the German nation was born. Everything after that was to make the idea real. But Austria and all the states that are today not a part of the German Republic are a part of Germany.
>>
Britcucks are currently the worst country in Europe. Fucking ultra multicultural shithole full of special snowflakes.
>>
>>163368233
>They weren't united, but a nation is its people.
That isn't how a nation works.If you are united in a central government/nation it is not a nations.

Austrians are Germans by ethnicity, but not a united nation.
>>
>>163368356
Let me corret the last part:
*but not a united nation with the other Germans.
>>
>>163368356
You just don't get it. Germany is an idea. It's the idea of the fatherland for the German people. Without German people there is no Germany. Just because you are a person in the Nation Germany doesn't mean you are a German. Just like living in France doesn't make you French.
Germany is created by all the German people, that's how it's always been. That's what the song said that I quoted.
Austria is a part of Germany, Prussia is a part of Germany, Bavaria is a part of Germany, becuase they are nations made up by German people.
Hitler understood this, Wilhelm II understood this, everybody in te German Confideration undertood this. Even Bismarck and Wilhelm I knew this. But those saw themself as Prussian first, and they knew that Austria is a danger that lingers in Prussia's neck, so they decided to fight them. Prussia fought Bavaria as well. That's just how it is.
>>
>>163368142
>>talking about a Fate mobile game outside of the Fate mobile game thread*
>show made as an add for a game
>talking about said game in the threads dedicated to the show is forbidden
>>
>>163368569
>Living in France doesn't make you French
If you're not a citizen of France it doesn't. Stop being retarded with Idea Nation because it doesn't exist.
>>
>>163364347
Cause most of then have never been to to the Isles or interacted with any British people. They see the region as it's presented in romance novels and those tv movies only christmas cakes watch.
They've never had the experience of being stalked by five teenage immigrants while ordering pizza, or a hobo calling you from fifty meters away because another hobo down the road had something to ask you urgently.
>>
File: seiba haircut.jpg (39 KB, 640x482)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>163364347
Generally they have a very romanticized view of europe
>>
>>163364703
Female Arthur is just a possibility in Nasuverse. There's the typical male one as well.
>>
>>163368569
And then postmodernity happened and people stopped having kids. What does the word even mean anymore? Rainbow flags, tourists and cheap immigrant labor. Oh and bits of wall. I guess the wall is sort of important here.
>>
>>163368681
>Stop being retarded with Idea Nation because it doesn't exist.
Stop being retarded yourself. The German people saw Austria as a part of Germany for generations. The idea that Austria is not a part of Germany is modern.
Just because it's written down by the non-Germans who defeated Germany in the war doesn't mean it's rightful. Not every law is right, think for yourself.
Ideas are real, and the concept of the idea is very German, read up on the German Idealism.

You are probably some shitskin or a mongrel, a victim of Globalism that has no Identity and no nationality and is now looking for some excuse to call himself German or French or American just because he is a citizen of that country, but has no conection to the blood or the soil that created said country.
>>
>>163368839
Federal Republic of Germany =! Germany
Like I said, a nation is its people. A nation created and forced by foreigners can never be legitimate.
>>
File: TF1Y4My.jpg (66 KB, 777x656)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>163368857
>You are probably some shitskin or a mongrel, a victim of Globalism that has no Identity and no nationality
That's some hard core projection and attacking the author after getting btfo. Pro-Tip:I'm an American from the South with a large military family that goes back to Korea.
>>
>>163364703
Because the artist wanted to draw her and at least one other fag at TM assumed it would be easier to sell a doujin VN product to dudes instead of going with the prototype idea where the MC was female and Arthur was Arthur
>>
>>163368910
With an AK-74 and two mags taped together it totally can.
>>
File: 1485716367411.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>163368914
>has no argument
>haha l-looks like you got btfo. W-Why are you projecting
>y-you're right I'm a shitskin and a mongrel with no nationality, b-but you got btfo for pointing it out
>>
>>163367178

you know french isn't a race right ?
>>
>>163369039
>>I'm a shitskin and mongrel with no nationality.
Anon are you implying being an American isn't a nationality? Why are you still using that Ad Hominem? Do you what a nationality is beyond your concept of "Idea Nation".

Come on you can do better. At this point you're just being a sore loser and shitposting because you can't form a proper argument or refute anything I said aside from your opinions.

>A citizens of a country can't call them self a citizen despite being a citizen by being legally acknowledged and accepted as a citizen by the state.
Seriously you're dumb.
>>
I'd bet ten bucks you're both polish or native american or something like that.
>>
>>163369237
>Being Native American
Anon why would I be a savage? My state of AR doesn't have Injuns. They got shifted to Oklahoma in the 19th century and marched to death (Something they deserved.).

>Being polish
Hell no.
>>
>>163369170
> are you implying being an American isn't a nationality?
Yes, American means you are a citizen of the countinent America. I can call a Canadian or Mexican American and I wouldn't be wrong. USA is not a country it's a bastard, a monster created from different bodies. It's called the United states of America. The name isn't even about its people. I said it several times but it seems you can't read, but i'll say it again anyways: a nation is its people, USA is not about its people because it has none. You are not American but Korean, that's your blood, that's your soil.

>because you can't form a proper argument or refute anything I said aside from your opinions
Nice projecting, I quoted THE German song about the German nation and who's a member of it but you just ignored it because your opinion is different

>Seriously you're dumb.
Not an argument

>Why are you still using that Ad Hominem?
To understand a person you have to understand his environment. You're a mongrel so you think like one. I pointed this out and you proved me correct. Now you use Ad Hominem as buzzword because you have no argument
>>
>>163369133
Did I ever say this?
>>
>>163369764

you made an analogy between choosing to be a certain nationality and choosing your gender

and I'm saying you absolutely can become french

> Different people from different nations are different because their genes are.

also yes you absolutely fucking implied it, and being french (I can't speak for other countries since some have a more radical view on this point) has absolutely fuck all to do with your genes
>>
>>163369828
If you think there is no difference between an Italien and a French or a German and a French or a British and a French, you are a fucking idiot. I'm not saying they are different races but they are different on a genetical level. You can call an Italian French but if he has no French blood in his veins than you can call a mouse a fish, put her in an aquarium and call it a day.
>>
File: 112313425.jpg (24 KB, 300x297)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>163368071
i want all of these images
>>
>>163370109
what are you talking about, everybody has the same roots here un the european caliphate :^)
>>
>>163370109

you're the fucking idiot if you think race = nationality. there are correlations sure, but nationality isn't defined by race (unless you live in a shithole). France in particular is pretty mixed (and I'm not talking about arab immigration, France has been mixed for a really long time), raise a child of British origin in France all his life, and he will be French by all meanings of the word. Only in america do people keep calling themselves by their ancestor's nationality, and unfortunately they have started to spread this mentality
>>
File: IMG_5099.png (184 KB, 512x724)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>163364347
>want to talk about how seiba is literally perfect
>instead we have /pol/-tier discussions
>>
>>163370415

I would call it /int/-tier
>>
File: 1504012929795.jpg (1.28 MB, 1422x3278)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>163370415
Never mention the real world on /a/, people get reminded that it exist
>>
>>163370361
>Only in america do people keep calling themselves by their ancestor's nationality, and unfortunately they have started to spread this mentality
Wrong, only America has a pan-european mindset and believes that white=white.
>you're the fucking idiot if you think race = nationality
Holy fuck, can you read?
> France in particular is pretty mixed
And look what it brought them. They got btfo three times by Germany and today they are a shadow of themself, nothing more than a victim to terrorism.
But all those shitskins in France aren't French, they are Arab or African or whatever, but not French and thats why France is such a shithole right now. That's also the reason many parts of Britain are such a shithole right now.
>>
>>163370466
Saber is pretty well endowed for a 15 year old since she also stopped developing since then.
>>
>>163370493
>Holy fuck, can you read?

you're the one that talks about genes and blood, or are you seriously implying that being of a certain nationality somehow changes your genetic code ? Or tell me clearly what else you were implying (I know I'm foolish to expect an answer but what the hell)

I'm not dignifying the rest of the post, it's just /pol/-tier propaganda and plain ignorance, the world sure looks shitty from your mom's basement.
>>
File: seiba.jpg (82 KB, 900x900)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>163370415
>>
>>163370623
Have you ever visited European Nations? Let's compare the German and the South Italian. You can do a gene test and tell who is who, but even simply looking at them is enough. The German is blonde with blue eyes, he is tall and has fair skin. The Italian has brown skin, dark hair and deep brown eyes. He has way more hair in his face and on his body and the hair is not as straight and silky as the German one. Even the face structure and and bone density is so different that an expert could tell those two apart by their bones alone. But they are the same race nonetheless. Just because two people from different countries have a different genotype and phenotype doesn't mean they are a different race, but the same race doesn't mean the same blood and genes.
>>
File: 1434477690700.jpg (18 KB, 413x395)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>163364983
>screenshot taken
>>
File: censor.png (165 KB, 540x418)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>163364983
Yer nicked, mate.
>>
>>163370803

no one is contesting the existence of races you turbo-autist, I'm saying it's unrelated to nationality, if someone whose parents are Chinese on one side and esquimau on the other is born in Germany and raised in a German culture around German people, then he's fucking German, no matter your opinion on it.

this
>Different people from different nations are different because their genes are.
is wrong, different people from different nations are different because of their difference of culture/language/political environment.

It's people of different race that are different because of genetics.
>>
>>163371107
So the German has blonde hair because he was raised in Germany and a Italian person raised in Germany get's blonde hair as well? The thing that give the German blonde hair and give the Italian brown hair is just a difference in culture and not in genetics?
>>
>>163364347
Because those mongols are into murica stuff too
>>
>>163364395
>a bunch of pirates
>great country
>>
>>163371338

>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>163371445
Dunno, you tell me, because you seem to think that I talk about races when I talk about genes even though genes are for traditions and personality as important as for looks.
>>
>>163364703
I've read a book long time ago (back then in my HS library) stated that "King" in King Arthur has no specific gender its like "president" in our times, so he might be a she
also I've read a book where he was a she and she had an affair with Lancelot.
well i'm not sure about the details its been 12 years so my memories about is vague but thats the summary about it.
>>
>>163366140
Nasu has no business sense. It is literally because of Takeuchi he is able to drive all those lambos and porsches around.
>>
>>163366140
>>163371592
This. Takeuchi is the reason why TM is this successful in the first place. He knew what the consumers would be interested in. He's also the reason why Kohaku and Hisui exists because he told Nasu that he wanted twin maids.
>>
>>163364347
Because tea, crumpets and 16th century fashion.
>>
>>163371655
Explains why everything fate is so fucking chuuni. Why it looks like professionally writen and drawn fanfiction.
>>
>>163364703
So the author can self-insert into her sheath
>>
File: 2_24.jpg (118 KB, 631x300)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>163371828
TypeMoon basically exists for Nasu to write whatever the fuck he wants and for Takeuchi to draw Saberfaces all day. It's a relationship that's worked out for the last 13 years and will probably continue to for the next 13.
>>
>>163372060
And now Artoria is the weakest *5.
Takeuchi fell from grace, who'll take his place?
>>
>>163372138
Me.
>>
>>163372060
It sort of exploded in popularity somewhere around the halfway point. Thirteen years ago I never even heard about fate, or rather I heard the name mentioned once and no one cared. Then one day it gets a new anime (don't know if it was UBW of the ufotable one) and suddenly it's twintail day on public transit.
>>
>>163370466
Damn those are some sexy legs.
>>
>>163364347
Japanese like Britain because they have repesct that an Island nation like themselves made such an impact on the world.

They also believe Britain is where magic originates and Brits are obsessed with tea.
>>
>Can you imagine how that meeting went down?
Considering how Takeuchi spends his time in board meetings ignoring everyone and just drawing even more Seiba, yeah I can totally see him going up to Nasu's face and calling him a fag for wanting to make an otome game.
>>
>>163372138
>And now Artoria is the weakest *5.
The memelist is dumb. Artoria is the lowest 5* because she has no niche, in my opinion Schez is by far worse and Kintoki shouldn't even be near any of them
>>
>>163372138
Just wait for Grand Seiba.
>>
File: unlimited saber works.jpg (1.22 MB, 2000x2796)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>163370415
>A story of a certain artist, whose deep love for a character led him to path of self-destruction.
>Day and night he will create new versions of Artoria with hope... which would only turn into despair later.
>The dream of touching her hand, the thoughts of spending their time together, the love of one man to a woman, who doesn't exist.
>His Noble Phantasm is recreation of his love, passion, and futile efforts.
>Unlimited Artorias will enter a fight, yet they will all be mere delusions; none of them will ever notice him, nor will any of them love him.
>But he will never stop praying for his dreams to come true.
>>
>>163364347
No they aren't. The British are usually the bad guys in their stories. Fate/Etc is an odd duck.
>>
>>163372295

Kintoki has one of the highest overall attack in the game along with good NP gain, his position is deserved.
>>
File: 1506952962122.jpg (1.21 MB, 1800x1815)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>163372402
>Kintoki has one of the highest overall attack in the game along with good NP gain, his position is deserved.
Have you seen the updated memelist? He is only one tier above Schez. He was one the best Berserker at one point, now they say he is one of the worst. He doesn't deserve such a low ranking.
>>
>>163364981
>Spain
>relevant
Spain has been in decline ever since Britain destroyed the Spanish Armada
>>
>>163364927
>France
>more relevant than Germany throughout the last century
Are you retarded Pierre?
>>
>>163370415
It's more /his/ than the board itself could ever dream to be though its still not the direction I wish the thread would take.
>>
>>163373001
I forgot that board even existed.
>>
>>163371338
>I can't read the post
>>
>>163373127
>different people from different nations are different because of their difference of culture/language/political environment
>It's people of different race that are different because of genetics.
Italian and German are the same race, right? But they are different on a physical level.
OP said there is no genetical difference in a race, however German and Italian are clearly different, just look at them.
OP said that this difference comes from the culture, so the physical difference comes from the culture since the genes are (as OP suggested) not different. Am I mistaken?

However if OP agrees that the different physical appearance stems from different genes, who changed themself for better adaption, then you can guess that not only the appearance changed but other characteristics as well, which leads to the different traditions as we know them today. The fact that people look different is the sign that they can never fully adapt and can never fully become part of a different nation.
>>
File: 5-Star-ServantsTierList.png (582 KB, 901x1620)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>163372592
This was the old tier list.
>>
>>163367790
Germany has existed for thousands of years
The Germanic people are a part of every major European civilisation, including the Greeks and the Romans
Surely you are memeing
>>
>>163368095
In 20 years 50% of British school children will be foreign
Thats UN data not "nazi" data retard
>>
>>163364347
The only reason not the entire world is britboo is solely because MUH GENTLEMAN, TEAPARTIES AND BRITISH ACCENT SO STYLISH


The US are hated for being idiots right now, but the UK were morons for hundreds of years.
>>
>>163373746
Where did you get that list from? Why is Ereshkigal on there?
>>
Just ignore the /pol/ autist.
>>
>>163364347
Name one person who doesn't worship the eternal and glorious anglo. Dominance and Dignity.
>>
>>163373966
Serves them right. They enslaved half the world to use as cheal labor. Now their grandkids are coming to London, with no intention of ever doing any actual work.
>>
File: 1492959115845.png (357 KB, 800x2048)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>163374431
>>
File: 8f17ac25-s.jpg (144 KB, 560x618)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Obligatory
>>
>>163366380
Sauce?
>>
>>163373746
>>163372592

Dont put a lot of faith in those lists though. Its all pretty much bullshit.
>>
I wish the disgusting mobagefags discussing gameplay in every Type-Moon thread would fucking die.
>>
File: 1506528687925.png (86 KB, 206x209)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>163374774
Are the /int/ memes more to your liking?
>>
File: 1502026719966.png (995 KB, 970x716)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
>>163374692
Yeah, but seeing some of my favorite characters so low makes me angry.
>>
File: Matara touhou16.png (244 KB, 558x600)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
Why is Matarajin suddenly a girl?
Also why is Prince Shoutoku also a girl now?
>>
>>163375106
why is hecate fighting ayy lmaos? we may never know
>>
>>163364729
England isn't why modern people learn to speak English
>>
>>163375440
No but it is the reason America exists.

By the way the USA is an illegal government and North America is rightful British clay. Curse the dam-ned yankees and all they stand for. Rule Britannia.
>>
They have this thing called Hakujin complex
>>
>>163374692
>>163372592
They are based off the content trends. With bosses having multiple HP bars to prevent oneshot strategy and experimenting with challenge quests that ban double servants like double Merlin, as well as making fights last longer.

With all those factors, Kintoki's weakness is apparently with his lack of real defensive skill, low duration buffs, and a gameplay consisting of blowing all your load in one round when you actually need to do consistent damage across multiple rounds/HP bar.
>>
>>163375900
>>>/vg/
>>
>>163370415
>not knowing this is /int/ discussions not /pol/
You can trust me I'm a crossboarder.
>>
>>163364347
I wonder why 2 island nations that were historically very good friends and whom share several (coincidental) cultural similarities might like each other.
>>
>>163375900
Break bars are the worst concept possible. They are like Guts on steroide.
But there is still weird shit like Shuten being a 5.5 even though she is the best AoE assassin nuker while being a decent support.
Or Gawain being on the same tier as Sumanai or Kerry
Or Schez being above Saber just because Schez can work in an Arts team as caster, which the idiots see as the new Meta
>>
File: IMG_1820.png (29 KB, 495x297)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>163364347
Kongou (British) desu.
>>
File: 1485321936981.jpg (1018 KB, 1920x1080)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
SEIBA
>>
File: 1445711314221.gif (1.97 MB, 580x326)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>163375440
English was more widespread even when French was supposedly the international language of communication. People buy into the France = Lingua Franca meme (when this refers specifically to Mediterrean trade not global trade). In reality French was popular among diplomats and aristocrats but English was far more useful for merchants.

Ironically the French revolution killed French's status as the "lingua franca" because the aristocracy lost their power and the bourgeoisie gained power which meant the rise of English as the global language was inevitable as it was already the most popular language for global trade.

America, despite its independence, shared very strong trade links with the UK. They built and expanded upon on the global trade network the Brits had already begun.

In many ways the success of the US is dependant on the UK, from the obvious point that the US was created by English people to the fact the country relied on trade with Britain, used trade networks set up by Britain, industrialised because of Britain etc.

There's a reason the US is what it is today and not Brazil. Having a big population that speaks a language is important, sure, but the importance of a lingua franca comes from its usefulness as a trade language.
>>
>>163376176
>>>/vg/




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.