[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726759400186224.png (1.86 MB, 2421x1378)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>gains the power of a literal god on earth
>manages to be discovered and killed by the police anyway
Can we with all certainty determine that Light Yagami is the most retarded character ever conceived?
>>
>>271193446
Still smarter than anyone /here/. All you retards would be dumb enough to google for criminals.
>>
His first mistake was killing lind l tailor lmao
What was he thinking?
>>
>>271193446
honestly between this and the one-shot, it feels like the shinigami are specifically counting on humans to not actually be clever enough to fully game the system in their own favor, and will suddenly change the rules if a shinigami misjudges a human and that human actually does come up with a solid scheme. the game is always supposed to be rigged against the human all for shinigami entertainment, and we do see at the end that Ryuuku was indeed quite satisfied with the show he got since Light's whole quest had all sorts of big twists and turns
>>
>>271194011
His first mistake was not selling half his lifespan to gain the shinigami eyes. Would have made his life far easier and he would have never been caught.
>b-but I am 18, what if my lifespan is just 36 and I die instantly
Come on now, if you're determined enough to kill millions and reshape the world you have to have the balls to risk it.
>>
You are the fucking retard. L only got close because the plot demanded him to get every single hunch he has right and every single hunch that was presented not involving light was magically not followed. The author just wanted Light to lose, but the character and how he is written wouldn't have been caught.
>>
He didn't want to be a faceless god with unlimited power. He wanted to be known and adored. His megalomania was his downfall, not his lack of wit.
>>
>>271194059
Tbf shinigami also arn't supposed to be handing out notebooks since they use them to preserve their own lifespan. Idk why they keep letting Ryuk get away with it but I also don't understand the whims of an eternally stagnant species that sit listfully in purgatory. The shinigami king could just find it funny.
>>
>smarty pants written by brainlet
yeah.
>>
>>271194419
i literally think it's for the amusement of the king and maybe other shinigami, the completely arbitrary script flip the king pulls in the oneshot is a big indication IMO
>>
>>271193446
False.
He won, you got the wrong ending.
>>
>>271193446
God? He's just a common killer who was forgotten. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: 1724867587212461.png (178 KB, 600x600)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
nothing more than a murderer
>>
>>271194243
That's interesting to think about, popular opinion dickrides L because Light had otherwordly power, but Light had his own liabilities to navigate in Misa and the shinigami. L had the power of multiple governments and had to navigate the ethics of the team, basically both smart guys making use of what they have There's more that can be said about their personality traits too.
>>
>>271193446
If he wasn't a retard, Ryuk would've killed him after he beat L. There's a line where he talks about things getting boring, implying he was already mulling it over by then. And in the anime, he supposedly would've survived those gun wounds, Ryuk just knew Light would be imprisoned. But prison dramas can be amusing, imagine Light trying to survive a prison full of people that know he tried to wipe them out. Most likely, he'd be in solitary, but who knows.
>>
I enjoyed the first season's OP/ED, they had this dreary melancholy to it while you saw Light get more villainous. The first phase of the show was my favorite because Light still had his cool and there weren't too many characters to factor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiFmadbQg8
>>
>>271194198
>b-but I am 18, what if my lifespan is just 36 and I die instantly
It halves the remaining lifespan not the total amount
>>
>>271193446
Columbo would have him dead to rights in two episodes flat.
>>
>>271197806
And oh yeah, one more thing, who's that lanky fellow, floatin' behind you?
>>
>>271194198
It's almost as if he isn't trying to selflessly reshape the world for the betterment of mankind and wants to be the god of the new world or something...
>>
>>271197806
>m-my character would have caught him!
I don't care.
>>
>>271196888
OP2 is perfect though.
>>
>>271193446
Turns out the world government is still more powerful than a guy who can only kill people
>>
>>271194198
He did what he did because he was a bored prodigy who had already conquered every aspect of normal life and wanted a new thrill/challenge, not because he actually wanted to make the world a better place.
>>
>>271195889
All true. And the power dynamic is on L's side from the beginning. As someone magically without a known name, the only way Light could ever kill L with the notebook is for Light to give up information about himself to be able to get closer to L. Meanwhile L doesn't have to do the same and is able to maintain all his power at all times. In fact, without the shinigami eyes coming into the story, Light literally has no way to win the "game" and the notebook is useless, which is why I suspect that plot element was added to the story at all.
>>
>>271196888
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiFmadbQg8
ai slop
>>
File: 0001-047.jpg (288 KB, 1013x1600)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>271193446
Do people who post this not remember chapter 1 or episode 1 of Death Note? Light wants people to know about him. Go read the Death Note one shot about zoomer Kira who doesn't care about that stuff, Near literally says there's nothing they can do to catch him.
>>
>>271194243
Light is underapreciated because he lost.
But he was actually smart.
Seriously see what he pulled in the bus Ray Penber case or some of his other plans and convince me that they are not from an intelligent man.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.