[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 6qxwf8oqsqhb1.png (1.14 MB, 1615x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
First off, how do I know if I even have a shot at this?
Secondly what would I need?

Ive a knack for talking, I have a lot of imagination, but i find it hard to turn plot into story.
I dont know how to tell if im doing it the right way and not just mimicking somebody like some pretentious cunt.

TL:DR I dont want to waste my time chasing something reserved for actual artists and craftsman.
So how do I know or how can I tell if I've got a shot?
>>
write 1 (one) post about a protagonist experiencing a love at first sight event
>>
or maybe a pirate captain who has a map to treasure on litland explains to his first mate why they are stopping at advport
>>
or maybe something about a new money schizophrenic black vigilante getting a message in his alphabet soup
>>
Steven Pinker
>>
>>31869256
>a shot
You're probably not cut out for this. You write because it's a compulsion, not because you wanna become Stephen King
>>
how would you narrate a baseball pitch

have you heard the distance by cake?
>>
anyway

a story is basically exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution

determine exposition
decide resolution

based on those derive the key inflection point (ur climax)

get the reader enamored with the characters with the text between

if you can write a bunch of events you can put your characters in those events and arrange them in your story arc as needed

it's helpful to have a chart
>>
lol
>>
>>31869386
>write 1 (one) post about a protagonist experiencing a love at first sight event
what?
>>
>>31869446
what do you mean?
>>
>>31869492
>story is basically exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution
isnt that just the plot?
>>
>>31869492
>you can write a bunch of events you can put your characters in those events and arrange them in your story arc as needed
i find it hard to fill in the gaps

1 thing: "how shit of a writer is Tarantino?"
>>
>>31869537
exposition and resolution have some elements out of scope of plot
>>
>>31869543
i like totinos
&
the gaps fill themselves becos you get attached to the events you write and the connections become obvious
>>
>>31869554
i can write a plot easily and scenes, dialogue and stuff, but i always find myself going; "who tf are you to talk about this shit"
ive never been in war but ive 2 more or less beginnings of stories about war.
the core is about a moral view i have but still.
>>
>>31869567
1 is about kids in war, like Die Brucke (book and movie)
>>
>>31869386
English is not my first language, not op.
> Bored by the prospect of another night of unfruitful thought, James shrugged to himself, boringly contemplating the forms the exhaled cigarette smoke was forming in front of him. It was then that he perceived he was being glanced at: green eyes as expanded halos shone directly at him: her skin was golden from the already gone summer, as her brunette hair tended to brighter tones and sculpture her frail yet sinuous form. When the eyes met, the side of her lips conjured a form which hooked his chest.
If op can't do better than this crap he should give up.
>>
>>31869636
nick reacted :) to your post
>>
>>31869636
this is pretentious as shit and so fucking convoluted, you lost me in the first sentence.
>>
*Thank God!* he says to himself through his clappering teeth, shivering like a leaf. The big orange boat with a crew of 6 glides towards him, a man jumps out and puts a life jacket over his head, another brings out the big guns.

this is about a guy stuck as the tide rolls in
>>
>>31869719
Maybe you just can't read my dude.
>>
>>31869256
Being an artist is different from being a professional writer or a professional draftsman. An artist feels the need to create, either with purpose or for the sake of creating. A professional will do things geared to selling, analyze their product in terms of marketing.

In order to be a writer you must study the elements of the work. Read a ton of works, notice what they do the same, how they differ, this gives you the idea of how to make plots for others to read.

However, something inside you has driven you to pick it up. What is that? Does it allow you to feel good by writing? That thought is what allows you to become an artist rather than a seller.

Still, talentless hacks may become successful sellers. Artists may satisfy themselves and die in debt. Do what you feel drives you. Just notice that you may end up becoming a shit seller or a self-hating artist either way.
>>
>>31869256
Just don't. The odds of you becoming a successful writer are so slim that it's not even worth trying. You're better off spending that time ubering and getting a return on your time than to pour hours and hours to get shit out of it.
>>
>>31869636
Simpler is better.
>>
>>31869256
>Ive a knack for talking, I have a lot of imagination, but i find it hard to turn plot into story.
Welp, time to start turning plot into story. Get to work anon.

>TL:DR I dont want to waste my time chasing something reserved for actual artists and craftsman.
You have an erroneous perception of creativity. People create because they want to. Whatever it makes you afterwards is irrelevant. A craftsman once knew nothing, but became what he is because he wanted to create something.
>>
>>31869751
that is true, i have a hard time reading.
im not dumb but ive a hard time focusing since i was 15
also all the books i was forced to read in school fucking sucked
school fucking killed my curiosity dude, i went into chemistry, physics all that shit cause im not a fag and because my female teachers ruined my love for language and arts.
im not joking, they were absolute cunts
anyways

i figured i could maybe write a story some poor 15 year old sap like myself would want to read, instead of some shit about a pair of 11 year old twin brothers hooking their dicks together in some sex scene and then the brother burned his other brother's shit cause he died from cancer.
dude who tf recommends that shit to kids x(

but yeah TL:DR i maybe read like 5-8 books ever and one was the kiddie bible and 3 harry potter books

to be fair i do listen to a shit load of audiobooks
>>
>>31869751
btw im not saying it is shit writing, im saying ME cant read it cause it triggers me to hate it.
i mean i fucking hate those dei lgbt bs movies, but i watched Brokeback Mountain to see if it was any good and to get over myself.
Frankly Brokeback Mountain was kinda gay
>>
>>31869751
sorry for coming across like an asshole
>>
>>31869827
It is shit writing though...
>>
>>31869758
>talentless hacks may become successful sellers
i hope im one of those cause i got fuck all going for me xD

but ive always told stories, i would cheer people up, mostly family at home, id lie about my day being awesome and what i did in school and what not, cause my parents were going through shit as were my older siblings.
Kind of felt like i should cheer them up.
i talk so much youd hate me as much as youd love me for it.
i dont know if i should be a writer but i definitely should tell stories, ive always been good at it.
>>
>>31869751
i think he said it like an asshole but i think he's right. i used to write kinda like you, but i think simpler language and archetypes is generally better, if you have something complex to say make your book or whatever bigger to say it.
>>
>>31869636
I don't understand the faggots hating on this. You have a certain talent for introspection that is quite uncommon. Reminds me of Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>31869851
what is?
the thing the other guy wrote?
i mean i cant judge, others might like it, i just cant read it.
like how women land women ove different stories.
i figure i should write for the simple man, not that they are dumb, just not interested in how the sweat dripped down her cheeck onto her neck as the man stood on the balcony staring at her or some stupid shit like that
>>
>>31869863
dude i read robert e howard at best.
short stories
>>
>>31869872
Try reading Charles Bukowski, look up his poems to get a feel for him first. Might be up your alley.

>>31869878
Challenge yourself a little!
>>
>>31869860
Don't. Get an education or a job. Preferably both. You will never be a famous writer the odds are heavily stacked against you.
>>
>>31869872
Ya what that guy wrote sucks ass. Way too descriptive.
>>
>>31869881
>Charles Bukowski
ive watched documentaries about him, he seems like a fucking asshole.
Also the guy from fear and loathing, cant remember his name rn im drunk.

>>31869881
>Challenge yourself a little!
How? I genuinely have a hard time reading, i really need to sedate myself to read and write and there is a small window where i can do it.
i got a book of compiled articles by some geezer and i can read those but its like 2 pages.
i can listen to audiobooks quite well but thats not reading.
>>
>>31869894
i agree its too much but i reckon women love that
>>
another thing before i go;

do you fuckers have vivid dreams that are whole complex stories that if you wrote them down theyd be half a movie?
I do and thats how i started writing.
At first to tell my shrink cause i was worried i was a psychopath.

one dream i killed a guy that stabbed me in the back badly ( long story ) and i killed his whole family in my dream, but when i came to his little brothers room i woke up crying.
my shrink said; "would a psychopath cry about killing some kid?"

been writing my dreams down ever since and tried to learn to write properly since 2019

figure its cinematic enough.

if i wont become a successful writer or movie maker, maybe i'll be lucky enough to have a kid who will.
>>
File: 1715445364582443.jpg (24 KB, 295x295)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>31869256
This is going to be crazy. But you have to write.
>How do I know if I even have a shot
Have you ever been told you write well? Everyone has a shot at everything.
>Secondly what would I need?
A paper and pencil. I prefer writing via computer, tho.

What helped me was reading other stories and consuming narratives. I took a few classes on writing in college, which helped. All we did was read other famous stories and discuss why they were good. Then we wrote our own. Mainly short form, since it give more practice over spending 5 years slaving away at a low tier novel which you never finish. Legit, the only thing that matters is you write and you read. Release your stories in some form to get feedback. You have a shot if you really want it. Of course, you can increase chances by writing into a niche or genre.

>>31869446
What this anon said. You should be writing for fun in the first place, not because you want to be an "actual artists". Also, people write slop and make it. Just look at bestsellers, most of it is uncreative, fantasy romance slop for women.
>>
>>31869860
At least you've got enough self-esteem to try. Go to a publishing company, talk with an editor and ask him to tell you how they select works, how they tell what is marketable, etc. Submit some trash stories and you'll get published.

I really hate that kind of practice but that's how the world works and all you want is the attention, so might as well give it a try.
>>
File: 20240823_000343.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x2268)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>31869863
Well guess what.
>>
>>31870085
fair enough, thanks for the help.
got any recommendations where i should start?
>>31870113
one of my worst traits is that i cherish my babies like a momma bear, i wanted to post something more than this >>31869744 but i cant do it lol
>>31870114
first thing to catch my eye was pepe, the rest ive never read.

also do you guys never see how farmer's wisdom overlaps with genius takes?
I see common folksy wisdom in some shit philosophers say, they elaborate on it but the message is often the same.
>>
>>31870152
Just found it interesting that amon over there was able to figure out I read a lot of Dostoyevsky.
You don't have to be an egghead to be a good writer. I think Hemingway wasn't. People mentioned Bukowski, and I'm sure there are plenty of others.
I also agree with you with the fact that common folk will more than rarely come up with decent insights on life.
>>
>>31870157
>Hemingway
i like him, but i cant focus, i get like 10-30 pages in and i forget about it for liek a month and have to start over.
reading fucking sucks, but i used to like it a lot.
as a kid i could read a whole books in a couple days

how do you read?
is it just practice?
there should be books for retards like me
>>
anyways i love you guys for giving me the time of day.
im sure you would rather read something enlightening from some geezer who is more than half smart
>>
>>31870177
for me it was reading something random, like my friend had a lot of Dragonlance novels and i got hooked on that, then sci-fi
>>
>>31870189
my last thing was getting kinda autistic about the history of science fiction and reading the works, mostly 20th century. they describe women as pneumatic a lot.
>>
>>31870193
>they describe women as pneumatic a lot.
lmao that's a hilarious nugget
>>
>>31870177
I'm in the same boat anon. Used to read a lot, now I'm becoming a brainlet. I blame technology desu.
Start with simple things and climb your way up. That's what I did when I was 17.
>>
>>31869256
2 things REQUIRED
>be somewhat good
>know people in the industry (edition, journalism, storyboarding, etc.)
if you don't have this, don't waste your time

>i find it hard to turn plot into story
yeah well, don't bother
>>
>>31870152
>Got any recommendations where I should start?
Like story wise? Or actions to take to start? Like I said, just write. Have a goal to write 1,000 words daily. Then move it up by 250. Establish the habit, for example, after you wake up or something.
>Recommendations for stories
Read what you want to write. I found Hemingway helpful because I like the way he writes. His short story, "Hills Like White Elephants", helped me with dialogue and "showing not telling". Besides that, I would recommend "On Writing" by Stephen King if you like him. Although, it was mainly filled with him getting super drugged out and insanely writing in a fever. You should focus on reading things you enjoy, as reading should be fun and not a chore. If you don't like a book or story, just drop it, don't waste your time forcing it.

You really just need to read and consume narratives/lit/stories. Preferable good but write what you want really doesn't matter. I don't know what you enjoy, but I would write into that. I enjoy military shit, so I am currently writing a web novel with themes from that. On top of a fantasy one, although I am struggling to finish the outline, since I am trying to make it "good" and not too sloppy.
>>
>>31869386
Not OP, but interested in writing, rate my post.

>He pulled his work truck up to the curb, the piece of shit sputtered as the engine shut off. He had told the boss that this one was dying and they ignored his complaints, now hundreds of miles from the transfer station it decided to give up the ghost. He looked up at the garage he had pulled up to, behind a grimy window the placard was flipped to open. He walked to the front door and first pushed, then pulled, no budge. To the right the garage bay door was open and he approached, annoyed, angry at the cunts in corporate and knowing it might be days before he was back in town to raging at those fuckers in person. He turned and peered into the garage, and felt his eyes adjust to the dim light. In the garage, a truck was on a pressure lift being worked on by a mechanic in greased coveralls, operating a MIG welder kit. Sparks flew as they focused repairing some unseen break on the rear axel. "Hey there." He shouted over the shop noise. The mechanic turned their attention to him, face obscured through a pane of smoked glass. "I have a truck out here that needs work, do you have a second?" The mechanic set down their rig and approached him thoughtfully. She took off her welding mash and held it on her hip as she extended her hand, "Name's Claire, what's the story with the truck?" His heart lept and his voice was unreachable. Before him stood Claire, and his brain was reeling pleasantly trying to take in what he saw. Her hair was jet black and cut short to below her ears, it was slightly wavy and had a sheen to it that reflected the diffused daylight. Her left cheek was smudged with soot and her forehead was slick with sweat, her face held a story of beauty that only comes with overcoming pain, and the lines by her eyes were drawn by plenty of laughter. Her voice drowned out the concerns about the corporate fucks and immediately soothed the irritation that had been brewing all day.
>>
>>31872720
YNBAW
>>
>>31872720
>interested in writing
>not even able to break a wall of text into paragraphs
>>
>>31869386
What he needed was a walk, a stroll-about as routine as possible, to get through the long day. And a long day it had been indeed, it seemed the pressure had never been greater than today and, as though the earth were trying to form a diamond of him, as he stepped onto the surfaceworld from the basement he found the sun's heat nigh-unbearable. It shone upon his face so intensely, he could almost hear it whispering threats to his poor, pale skin. His eyes acquiesced to its glory and, squinting, he set sail.
And on he walked. Through the alleys, past the cats and garbage that littered them, through the underpass and to the rolling green hills of the park. He had expected to see children playing, people enjoying wine and playing games; all things which he did indeed see. But something more lovely than all the displays of human happiness and leisure which could ever be seen across worlds and throughout time drew his squinting eyes.
It was a girl. A girl whose alabaster skin seemed to drink in the light of the sun while still reflecting it like some living prism. A girl who lay on her stomach, bare feet in the air and moving lightly from side to side as though she were swaying in the wind. She read a book and in his wanton staring, his inquiry into what she read, the world around her seemed to go fuzzy in his eyes.
Years flew past in his mind. He saw himself standing next to her, holding her hand while she gave birth to his child. He saw himself and her driving a van across the country, free from care and with themselves as the only necessary comfort. He saw a farm. He saw a condo. In all these, he saw them together. And outside this flight of fancy, when his eyes caught hers, it seemed almost as if she had seen the same. But his eyes acquiesced to the glory of her own, much like the sun's. And on he walked.
>>
>>31872720
>>He pulled his work truck up to the curb, the piece of shit sputtered as the engine shut off.
OP here, I would remove "piece of shit" because a truck that sputters is a piece of shit.

maybe write it like this
> He pulled up to the curb, engine sputtering as he shut it off, "piece of shit" he growled as he slammed the door shut.
maybe your way is better I dunno, i just dont think "piece of shit" flows well in that sentence.

Same here;
>He had told the boss that this one was dying and they ignored his complaints, now hundreds of miles from the transfer station it decided to give up the ghost.
I wont rearrange anything but try to keep it as much like yours as possible
>
>He told his boss it was dying, but he ignored his complaints, now 4 hours away from the transfer station it died on him
I dont know what this means
>the ghost
is it similar to heap of junk or bucket?

anyways you keep adding too many words, which is what i do too when i just write stuff out (like this sentence just now) but you'd want to cut the fat and be to the point.
Maybe im wrong, its just what I prefer.
>>
>>31872978
i made the same mistake as you, i should have ended this with
>it finally did
>He told his boss it was dying, but he ignored his complaints, now 4 hours away from the transfer station it died on him
and not "it died on him" because i already said that 14 words prior in the same sentence
>>
>>31872978
nta but "give up the ghost" means "to die/fall apart"
It's kind of funny because it's saying that by dying, you're "giving up" (as in releasing, letting go of) "the ghost" (inside you). It's usually used to refer to things, not people
>>
>>31872512
>1,000 words daily
LoL i can barely write a 100 and then some days i write at least a 1000 and have a whole new story.
i'll give the habit making a try.

Does watching films help with writing?
>>
>>31873005
1000 words is really not hard. If you think that's hard, start with 500 and work up from there. 2000 word essays are standard for undergraduate papers in university, for reference. I personally write a lot at work and 1000 words is about maybe two full standard pages on microsoft word. If you can find a flow, it'll be much easier.
I find movie writing inspirational often, yeah, but it's probably better to read books or excerpts at least to get the idea of writing conventions/styles and what is expected, then I would recommend the unconventional stuff.
My favourite book is Blood Meridian and not so much for the wanton violence but the way it's written; I really like Cormac McCarthy's style. It's written in a sparse, yet very grandiose, way which I think is meant to reflect the setting (the desert) and does so perfectly. But that may just be my own analysis. In any case, read books from authors you like to get an idea of how to structure a story but don't bite their style if you can help it. You need to come up with your own or, if you can't, just follow the conventions. It'll be easy to see when you read.
>>
>>31869256
>So how do I know or how can I tell if I've got a shot?
Simple, you enjoy it; if you do it for any other reason then you are not meant to be a writer. A writer also should almost never be a writer by career. A writer should be someone who has an actual job, it could be scientist, lawyer, doctor etc but you could also have more regular job like electrician, carpenter or even a soldier. Someone who has real life experience and writes because he wants to, he wants to share that experience. And enjoys looking for more experience just for the sake of it. This is what a good writer is. If you want to be a writer because you are trying to avoid having more demanding job then you are going to end up a failure both professionally and personally.
>>
>>31869386
*woof-woof* in the barn of the old farmer were but 6 of the litter left, my dad told me about one being small but tough.
Walking up to the penn I immediately spotted him getting knocked over by the biggest of the bunch, within a second he was up barking for attention.
Go ahead the farmer said. i picked him up *woof-woof* said the poor critter, woof indeed buddy. His big brown eyes, the white mark on his head and the uneven white socks, he wasnt perfect for a breeder, but he was perfect for me.
>>
>>31872978
Thanks for the feedback, I can see where I used too many words. I guess my question is apart from the formatting and style (things I can definitely improve on) does the overall blurb draw the reader in? Would you want to see where this is goin?
>>
File: Boo boo fart sperm.jpg (213 KB, 854x1280)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
Not all writing is for the purpose of "story telling". I always wanted to be a writer and have always been blessed with a "silver tongue". My favorite is technical-type writing. The kind of writing and communication that is less about being descriptive but more about how can I precisely communicate an idea, instructions, etc.

I've been a technical writer and in mass communications for almost 15 years. There are many different kinds of writing and communication.

I only have two pieces of advice: 1) If you can take a word out of a sentence, and the sentence still make sense, you didn't need that word in the first place and; 2) Write for your audience.
>>
File: trash.png (407 KB, 600x395)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>31873084
>using a lust provoking image when posting an opinion
If you need an attention seeking image to make get your point across then it deserves to die.
>>
>>31873104
>seething about the dude's choice of picture
Does seeing a woman in skimpy clothing make you uncomfortable anon? Have you asked yourself why you're such a bitch nigga?
>>
>>31869386
>Oh Lord what a sight...what-a-beauty! What a voluptuous creature has captured my mind! Her beauty struck me like a thousand muses singing her song as an image onto my blue retinas. What caused this? As every feeling has cause, is the illustrious nymphet that is Martha's daughter. Like a single sapling standing afore the sun at dusk, her fairness catches the eyes and fixated them onto her curved chest, covered by a red sundress to hold it. Abreast I found two lofty blossoms, covered just enough to make a man wonder what this Venusian nymphet had it instore for spring.
>>
>>31873061
Yeah, you start your story in motion, something is happening and i like that in stories.
He also has grievances, but imo he should be expressing them rather than the narrator telling us how he feels.
Maybe he kicks a can, balls his fist, bites his cheeck or his eyes twitch or something like it.
>>31873084
Lust provoking image distracted me.
Im joking, but can you elaborate on the technical writing and Mass Communication?
>>
>>31873120
>blue retinas
Retinas aren't blue, you mean "irises." Otherwise, this reads like Victorian fiction lmfao, but if that's what you're going for it's perfect.
>>
>>31873111
Just do not post irrelevant pictures like that serve no other purpose but to exploit other anons weaknesses for your own gain. And before you say ''oh but you are giving me attention right now'' yes, in hopes of other anons reading it to learn not give faggots like you any attention as you do not deserve it. I'm done talking to you. And OP, pls do not follow advice from anyone like this faggot, he embodies everything that is wrong with writing and should not be followed.
>>
>>31873166
Only one of us got trips, faggot. We'll see who listens to whom. Anyway, that's a lot of words to say "I can't look at an image of a woman without getting distracted and seething," which says a lot more about you than it does the anon who posted that image (who was not me, btw)
>>
>>31873166
same anon who made this post, I forgot to mention I'm trans btw and images like this trigger me because I will never be as beautiful as them so please just don't
>>
>>31873129
thanks I dropped physics for latin and greek so idk such things
>>
The man sat on the toilet and groaned. The water splashed hitting the pages of his news paper. Another kid missing. His head tilted back revealing the sweat on his forehead.

"What am I going to do?"

"You could try pepto bismal." A voice echoed from outside the stall.

He groaned again. A foul smell filled the air.

"About the kids stupid."

"You could always drop them off at the pool."

He let out a groan of approval as shit slid from his butt and into the tank.
>>
>>31873337
i was just about to ask if any of you write jokes for like standup, but i see you already did xD
>>
>>31873555
I really like telling stories and keeping the reader in suspense. I want my readers to ask questions like who's the missing kid or whys he shitting in the tank instead of the bowl.
>>
>>31873675
sounds like /b/ tier banter, but it was well done lol
you ever see the shitting olympics?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FiftyFifty/comments/ezbqzh/5050_dog_playing_with_friends_sfw_guy_shitting_in/
>>
>>31869256
Take pen write word.
>>
>>31873983
>Not writing with a quill and inkwell by candlelight
Thou and thine ilk art the very reason for which writcraft has declined thus
>>
>>31873972
Holy shit dude. That's on another level.
>>
>>31872720
too many adverbs/modifiers

sentences all too long (all short or long sentences don't read like a real story. you need to mix them. great authors really do use 5 word sentences all the time like "he didn't like that answer." it gets boring to read all long sentences, like listening to Sheldon from big bang)

also too little dialogue. once it starts, it should be moving things forward and be a good proportion of the material. you have some opening lines and it goes right back to fluffy description not moving things along
>>
>>31873337
1. This doesn't really establish why he thinks he has responsibility to do anything about the missing kid in the paper

2. When you're already mid shit in a stall, someone isn't gonna suggest Pepto Bismol right then to take care of the imminent problem you're having. It sounds assholish like Captain Hindsight in South Park

3. The person outside the stall has no context about the newspaper article, the story here having begun with the man in the stall shitting with the paper. It doesn't make sense for the man to give the person outside the stall the context of the paper when they don't know the article (or, as in point 1 above, why they would have context that the man in the stall is even responsible for the kids)
>>
>>31874053
>sentences all too long (all short or long sentences don't read like a real story. you need to mix them. great authors really do use 5 word sentences all the time like "he didn't like that answer." it gets boring to read all long sentences, like listening to Sheldon from big bang)
This isn't said enough, or maybe it is and I don't look hard enough. An amateur writer will write as much as they can, but a good writer will write as much as necessary.
>>
>>31874097
That's fred he always makes out of the box suggestions. He's also a mind reader.
>>
>>31873061
>does the overall blurb draw the reader in? Would you want to see where this is goin?
Sadly not really. It reads like a novelization of a scene from a Jerry Bruckheimer movie
>What do you mean the person doing a masculine coded job is a B-b-b-b-BABE?!

It doesn't really say anything interesting about the man character (pissed off) or the lady or have compelling forward motion. Stop and go writing
>>
>>31872872
I liked this a lot, although it didn't follow the prompt fully. Do you often write?
captcha: JWJ00
>>
>>31874147
This is solid, thank you. It felt cliché writing it, but I wasn't sure exactly how to create a spark moment other than incorporating an emotional aspect into the story.

>>31874053
Good stuff here too, say more by saying less and consider the cadence of the reader. I need to study fucking dialogue because I suck at writing it and my writing obviously avoids. great fucking call out.
>>
>>31874023
literally xD
>>
>>31869256
Stop having such a bad attitude. Just write want you wanna write and share it with the world. Being a traditionally successful writer is about being a nepo-baby or sucking up to globohomo or some wealthy entity, it's not so much about talent. To be successful you have to go on tour and promote your book and spend countless hours sucking up to idiots, all the hassle of being celebrity but without the money and glamour.
Think about what you have to offer and put it out in the world. Forget about doing it "properly". Use chatgpt to develop ideas. It's a new day. With the internet anyone can have a worldwide audience. Your writing can make a difference in someone's life even if it doesn't make you rich or famous.
Or with ai image generators perhaps you'd find it easier to put your stories to a comic book.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.