[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Before you say the obvious
>It takes years of practice
There are fucking 13 year olds that draw better than me. If they can draw that well then so can I.
>>
>>32004387
It takes years of practice
>>
>>32004716
>There are fucking 13 year olds that draw better than me. If they can draw that well then so can I.
>>
getting good at art isn't about improving technical skill, you can't "get good at art", however, you can make art good for you by putting your God-given talents (plenty or few) towards a meaningful or intriguing idea. Artists that do that connect with people and shift the paradigm with their work, a good example is Undertale, an indie game with a compelling story and gameplay mechanic. Imagine if Toby Fox complained about his talent at making pixel art models, that is how your dilema seems. Artists that just polish their technical craft end up making kitsch, souless fanart
>>
>>32004387
draw every day
I’ve been drawing for at least an hour every day this year after wanting to learn, it’s staggering how quickly you improve.
And make sure it’s purposeful drawing, drawabox etc.
>>
every skill is the same shit:
method and mindset.
if you REALLY want to learn how to draw, if you have the mindset, you will learn it just like that over time.

method in art is often misunderstood by peasant brains. art is like love and war, ok, everything is allowed. the fastest way to get good at it, is to steal from other people, no one is stopping you. literally everything is allowed. you can call anything art, anybody can be an artist.
how you get to the goal is irrelevant, use everything you can get your hands on.

there will be some faglords: nooo you cant do this, this isnt original! - just remember than none of these people have never created anything in their life, theyre just unloading their diarrhea opinions everywhere
>>
>>32004387
if you want to git gud at drawing, then you actually draw. There is no way around this and idiots who fellate AI generated content patting themselves on the back see themselves as artists but they are just a bunch of nobodies with no skills.
>>
>>32004387
>get good at art quickly
youll NEVER build your technical skills quickly but one can learn a lot about presentation/style/execution without lifting a finger and end up mostly right.
>>
>>32004387
>If they can draw that well then so can I.
oh ok so then why dont you, you are good to go then op
>>
>>32004387
on a serious note try shit like Loomis books see if you can find an online version of fun with a pencil for a good starter book for drawing, or perspective made easy perhaps, and check out drawabox online guide which i hear people like, and youtube tutorials obviously and most importantly draw a fuck ton
>>
In short you'd need to develop a new way of being able to see the world and translating it onto paper. If you spend a few days trying to develop a good technique and you can't figure anything out, then you're probably better off practicing the hell out of drawing anything you see. If you're talking about pixel art, then it's pretty much the same, draw everything you can and try to improve it as much as possible. Take real life photos, downscale them to tiny pixel sizes and draw over them to make something feasible. Try making some pixel animations too, that helps with figuring some things out.

Though a better answer for you, don't bother learning to draw, even if you spend years to practice, you won't reach the level that AI is capable of already today and it's only gonna get worse from here on out.
>>
>>32004387
Those 13 year olds started when they were 3. So they have been practicing for years. I know because I was one of them.
>>
>>32006919
Everyone started walking since they were year old. So according to your logic, everyone should be olympic sprinters by now.
>>
>>32004387
>There are fucking 13 year olds that draw better than me.
..who have been drawing since they were 5. So go and draw fanatically for 8 years and only then come back here with your complaints.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.