[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1464112384240.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Anyone got any experience with feeding a cat a vegan diet?
There are those fancy cat food brands with no animal substances in them.
Now, I have no reason to suspect they don't work, as they have been proven to be healthy, but actually getting them to work may take more knowledge than I have.
>>
Cats are obligate carnivores. Feed them meat for christs sake.
>>
>>2455830
Yeah the first step is to find the cat new owner.
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 368x158)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
People pushing a vegan diet on animals?
>>
predators eat meat
>>
Sounds like even though I came here to ask questions, I have more to say about the subject than any of you.
http://www.vegancats.com/
>>
>>2455849
This.

If you have an issue feeding an animal meat, then get an animal which is an herbivore like a bun.

This is, of course, assuming this isn't a bait thread.
>>
>>2455830
The only time a cat should be kept from eating a meat diet is if meat actually makes them sick, such as cats that are allergic to meat protein. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Diet becomes extremely difficult to maintain and easy to fuck up when you try to take out all meat. Taurine especially is difficult to replace in correct quantities, and without it will kill your cat.
>>
File: 70726911.jpg (19 KB, 255x255)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2455830
>>
>>2455830
Get a bird.

Vegans like to talk about teeth and how humans don't have the teeth to eat meat so they shouldn't. Cats don't have the teeth to eat veggies so they shouldn't.

Feeding a cat meat supplement is just wrong.
>>
Holy fuck all those completely uneducated replies.

Vegan cat food isn't fucking tofu, it's specifically tailored towards cats and won't magically give them a taurine deficiency or vit A deficiency just because those are extracted from plants or synthetic.
Many meat-based cat food brands have synthetic taurine in them just to make sure the cat gets enough. You'd know that if you bothered to read anything beyond a Wiki page on cats.
>>
>>2455830
Fucking kill yourself, op. Feed the damn cat the damn meat, it's a carnivore
>>
>>2455973
http://pets.webmd.com/features/vegetarian-diet-dogs-cats

There are enormous risks and there is zero benefit to your cat to feeding it a vegan diet. You could permanently fuck up or even kill your cat because of your personal beliefs.

You do not own this cat. You do not own your cats body. You are responsible for making sure the cat is safe, healthy, and happy. That's it. You are the same type of person that would rip out a cats claws because you don't want it ripping up your furniture.

Do not get a meat eater if you're not going to feed it meat. You literally disgust me as a human being. Your morals are fucked
>>
>>2456007
>You are the same type of person that would rip out a cats claws because you don't want it ripping up your furniture.
No, it's more like keeping an aggressive dog on a leash so that it doesn't maim someone.
>>
>>2456008
If by keeping that dog on a leash you are preventing it from getting proper exercise and enjoyment in life, I'd agree with you
>>
>>2456009
If your cat relies on taste of food to get exercise and enjoyment in life, it is not getting enough of either.
>>
>>2456010
It was an analogy, and your analogy at that.

My point is if you're not willing to responsibly look after your pet and make sure it's living the fullest life possible, you should not look after that pet. And you certainly shouldn't look after one if you're thinking about potentially permanently damaging it because of your personal beliefs
>>
>>2456010
>If your cat relies on taste of food to get exercise and enjoyment in life
you mean
>If your cat relies on having a healthy body to get exercise and enjoyment of life
Veganism is retarded for cats... Most catfood is just the waste product from the meat industry. Buy insects and mice for your cats at least. Vegan cat. Is. Dumb ass fuck.
>>
>>2456012
You're the only one here who wants to declaw cats.
I only want to feed my cat a diet without meat. I just want to make sure I do it right, because apparently some cats have urinary tract problems even on proper vegan diets.

But every post in this thread clearly shows that I know more about the subject than anyone else in this thread.
I came here to learn, but looks like I can only teach.
>>
>>2456014
You apparently can't read or have zero reading comprehension. You're obviously stubborn and care more about your beliefs than your cats health. You yourself are saying cats have a tendency to get uti's even on "proper" vegan diets. My only hope is your cat stops eating free garbage you try to feed it, and gets so hungry that it eats you
>>
>>2456014
Did you not see the article he linked? lol, you just linked a site that was telling us to BUY vegan food...

>But every post in this thread clearly shows that I know more about the subject than anyone else in this thread.
I came here to learn, but looks like I can only teach.

Your viewpoint is a mistake.

The only way a cat could be healthy is with ridiculous supplementation for vitamins, minerals and even macronutrients, and removing all fiber from the food. I highly doubt this is likely to be done, even then micronutrients aren't absorbed properly when supplemented.
>>
>>2456015
>You yourself are saying cats have a tendency to get uti's even on "proper" vegan diets.
This fucking hypocrisy. First you whine about reading comprehension, then you show you have none.

Most cats are perfectly fine, just that some have weak kidneys that can't maintain low Ph.
Some cats are allergic to proteins in meat - by your logic, it means you shouldn't ever feed cats meat.
>>
>>2456017
>removing all fiber from the food
I bet cats eat grass to fucking kill themselves
>>
>>2456019
They fucking vomit or get diarrhea when they eat any significant amount of grass dude.
'
Eating a bit of grass is different than eating a diet every day with large amounts of fiber
>>
>>2456020
That's why vegan cat food doesn't have a ton of it.
But you didn't read anything on the subjects so obviously you thought they just chop up random veggies and call it a day.
>>
Faggot OP's cat is probably the only time I would look the other way if it was outdoors, because at least then it could supplement its bullshit diet with something that won't make it go blind, or worse, from malnutrition. I say this as someone that doesn't even like cats.

Kill yourself, OP. Only a complete dumbfuck would take in an obligate carnivore as a pet and feed it a vegan diet.
>>
>>2456024
You are insurmountably unintelligent and biased

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059962

Cats can't digest starches dude.

"For instance, felids including the domestic cat are obligate carnivores requiring a diet of primarily animal flesh and organs.[5] Specifically, cats have high protein requirements and their metabolisms appear unable to synthesize certain essential nutrients (including retinol, arginine, taurine, and arachidonic acid), and thus, in nature, they can rely only on animal flesh as their diet to supply these nutrients.[6][7]"

Based wikipedia giving me all the sources needed and writing it so it's easily comprehended by the layman. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore#Obligate_carnivores

Your only source is *LITERALLY* an uncited website that SELLS fucking vegan catfood. OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO CLAIM IT'S SAFE.
>>
>>2456028
Oh, furthermore, if you're considering supplementing all these nutrients

1. absorption is likely not the same
2. consider where they were obtained and how fucking inefficient that likely is

It's definitely more moral to just feed your cat fucking mice and insects lol

Mice: their existence won't be miserable when you're just making enough to feed a cat so you are just killing them, do it painlessly and logically it isn't immoral

Insects: usually don't even feel pain

If you're trying to say that vegan cats are healthier, then .... dude?
>>
>arguing with a vegan
>arguing with a vegan who firmly believes they are in the right for wanting to put a cat on a vegan diet
>arguing with a vegan who cites a biased source that markets vegetarian food for cats
Wow.
>>
Not this particular one, but many vegans I've met maintain that they should feed meat to their animals, because it would be cruel to that animal not to.

However, why do they think it is less cruel to kill countless cows, chickens, etc. in order to feed a single dog, than to kill the dog to prevent it from needing dead animals to eat?
>>
>>2456094
You don't kill the dog, you cease to breed them

The killing isn't really what's wrong with the meat industries, it's mostly the fact that their standards allow them to tie a cow or whatever in place, in it's own shit for it's entire life while force feeding it and then slaughtering it. Basically their entire life is miserable. Make their life actually pleasant and kill them painlessly and it's not that big of a deal.
>>
cat in op is gorgeous hopefully its not op's cat that will starve to death
>>
>>2456104
>Make their life actually pleasant and kill them painlessly and it's not that big of a deal.

This is not the sentiment the vegans I've met have held. They argue we do not have a right to use animals. Even taking cells from a cow to grow fake meat is not acceptable in their eyes.
>>
>>2456115
>Even taking cells from a cow to grow fake meat is not acceptable in their eyes
That's fucking delusional as fuck then lol

>we do not have a right to use animals.
Why does it even matter? If we make their lives good and enjoyable then how the fuck is that an issue? Unless it's on huge scale thing now where it destroys the planet to a certain degree. But to be humane it'll have to be lower scale and that won't be a problem

their fucking skin is green get the fuck outta here such a fricking vegan bro
>>
File: 1498577888656.jpg (138 KB, 1024x756)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>2456110
No worries, Кoт is safe
>>
File: IMG_1299.gif (60 KB, 434x434)
60 KB
60 KB GIF
The weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>2456094
I think if you talk to a reasonable vegen they will acknowledge that many animals evolved to eat meat and that forcing them on their lifestyle is wrong.

Basically it will boil down to they care about their pets more than they care about the lives of the animals that die for them
>>
>>2455830
>feeding a cat a vegan diet
Fucking kill yourself, you cro-magnon
>>
>>2455830
>OP is going to let a shitty cat starve to death

Based. Just feed it lettuce and shit till it withers away.
>>
File: IMG_0624.jpg (60 KB, 410x246)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2456028
>>2456030
OP BTFO
>>
>>2456124
>Why does it even matter? If we make their lives good and enjoyable then how the fuck is that an issue?

They consider it to be comparable to rape, slavery, etc. regardless of condition. You are not respecting the animals "autonomy" (this is a word they like a lot).

In the cell example, the first cow still must be confined, controlled, and have a procedure it can't consent to done in order to get the cells to grow.
>>
>>2455943
>people called me stupid, so I went on google and found a website that upheld my preconceived notions

How will /an/ ever recover
>>
>>2456191
>They consider it to be comparable to rape, slavery, etc. regardless of condition
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! HAHAHAHAHA AHHAHAHAHA ! Except cows are happy living in a relatively small pasture and eating grass for 13 hours a day, and never having a big worry of predators, literally a dream life. Just like domesticated dogs love their humans

>In the cell example, the first cow still must be confined, controlled, and have a procedure it can't consent to done in order to get the cells to grow.

kek well that's fucking excellent. I don't know the ins and outs of the procedure or anything, but I'm assuming they just need a few cells or something. I thought they even already produced this shit so they already have the cells.

Either way, even if they have to slaughter one cow... it's fucking mountains better than continuing to raise millions of cows in absolute filth and misery. Honestly, eating meat isn't going to stop because, whether people admit it or not, they don't give a *fuck* about the torture and killing of other animals, even of other humans, if they don't witness it or feel they've personally, directly taken part. So meat eating isn't stopping. Lab grown meat sounds like it solves a shitload of this issue.
>>
>>2456217
>Except

Yes.... I get that. This is why I said "regardless of condition" because it is something the cow cannot consent to. Without consent, they compare it to force, regardless of how "happy" the animal is.

The more rational vegans I've met hold the complete abolishment of any use of animals as an ideal ("animals rights") but will say that yes, what you're proposing ("animal welfare"; humane treatment) is better than nothing at all. They do not want to stop at that point though--it is not an alternative to respecting the animal's autonomy and relinquishing our perceived entitlement to them.

[spoiler]That said, I'm cooking some chicken in a few minutes.[/spoiler]
>>
>>2456224
kek
>>
>>2456047
This.

Friendly reminder that diehard vegans are mentally ill.
>>
File: underbait.gif (327 KB, 1000x773)
327 KB
327 KB GIF
I'm disappointed in each and every one of you that responded to this obvious bait and I'm disappointed in op for spending so much effort on this instead of doing something remotely meaningful.
>>
>>2456028
>thus, in nature, they can rely only on animal flesh
How can you be so fucking blind?
In nature, cats don't have humans around to feed them what they need.
>>
Vegans are fucked in the head
>>
>>2455830
I fed my two cats nothing but celery for a month, didn't do them any harm.
>>
>>2456749
For a month is not really a big deal. If they had to hunt their food themself it would be quite hard to find proper food in winter for days and maybe even weeks so I guess they could deal with plants over a short period of time. But cats need meat as regular food. Forcing a cat on a vegan diet won't harm it in the fist few days/weeks maybe even months but it is a very slow and probably painful death that you are delivering your cat on a daily basis.
>>
>>2456761
Get educated, ignorant.

Cats need specific nutrients, not them to have "nature of meat". You can have a cat on vegan diet as long as it gets all it needs. It doesn't need "meat", it needs vitamin A not in the form of carotenoids, it needs taurine and a lot of proteins.
>>
>>2456746
Is this bait? You realize cats didn't just come out of the sky right? Modern house cats are descended from the African/Middle Eastern subspecies of the wildcat. Guess what those cats ate?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wildcat
>>
>>2456773
Why are you posting irrelevant shit as an attempt to refute something relevant?
>>
File: 1486813074860.jpg (113 KB, 666x755)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>2456768
Got a source that's not a biased website trying to sell "vegetarian" cat food to delusional fuckwits imposing their beliefs on to an animal?
There are plenty available for why you shouldn't try to feed cats vegetarian diets.
>>
>>2455830
Uh-oh someone stirred the meatfag shitpot.

>Meatfag: OMG why won't vegans stop talking about themselves...[3,000 word blogpost]

>Vegan: I don't eat meat.
>>
>>2456746
>>thus, in nature, they can rely only on animal flesh
>In nature, cats don't have humans around to feed them what they need.

What they need, in this case, happens to be animal flesh.
>>
>>2456933
phaggot, the biggest post in this thread is something like 35 words and it's responding to a green as fuck vegetable-being sadist claiming that cats are healthier on a vegan diet kek
>>
>>2456939
It would be odd to claim cats were healthier on a vegan diet, but the meatfaggotretards never grasp the plain fact that we should be coming up with meat alternatives for carnivorous animals in captivity.
>>
>>2456942
I actually didn't claim that, it's just tapeworms in their brains that changed
>some cats have allergy to certain proteins found in many meats
to
>literally all cats are healthier on vegan diets
>>
How would this not be considered animal abuse?
>>
>>2456942
>plain fact that we should be coming up with meat alternatives for carnivorous animals in captivity
LOL why? For a cat the only way that's possible would be ridiculous processing and fortification and that would be so ludicrously inefficient that it would pollute the earth and cause more damage to other animals than simply feeding your cat a normal fucking diet.

>>2456979
>some cats
>certain proteins
So if by the stupidly rare chance that is the case fuckin avoid those specific proteins.

With brief research basically a healthier less shitty food will reduce the chance of developing an allergy
>>
>>2456775
holy fuck you are dense. his point is that cats have evolved to require meat. cats and their ancestors were obligate carnivores long before humans started settling down and enticing cats to come hang out and domesticate themselves.

this discussion is not like the (equally retarded) humans as omni/herbivore argument. there is ZERO ambiguity as to the dietary requirements of a housecat. they are OBLIGATE CARNIVORES, and must eat the meat of other animals to acquire the nutrients they need to continue living.

is it theoretically possible to synthesize the "perfect" food for cats which contains all of its naturally animal-derived nutrients? yes, absolutely. has it been done? not to my knowledge -- not without augmenting the diet with naturally occurring nutrients from their naturally occurring sources.
>>
>>2456749
Obvious bullshit. There's no way in hell you fed your cat celery for a month. Even if we ignore the whole obligate carnivore thing celery has almost no nutritional value. Also why would you feed cats nothing but celery or any living creature for that matter?
>>
>>2457038
>his point is that cats have evolved to require meat
Humans have evolved to walk and not use cars - ever.
Humans have evolved to be naked and not wear clothing covering entire body, because living in Africa doesn't require clothing.
Cats haven't evolved to be fed and yet most people keeping cats don't force them to hunt to survive.

>b-but muh evolution
shows that you certainly don't know what you're talking about

>is it theoretically possible to synthesize the "perfect" food for cats which contains all of its naturally animal-derived nutrients? yes, absolutely. has it been done? not to my knowledge
Argumentum ad Ignorantiam, combined with double standards that vegan diet has to be perfect, while meat diets can be shit because it's le evolution xD and thus is immune to criticism.
There are cats fed vegan diets (except for mother's milk) and living more than 10 years. 10 years is more than 90% of wild cats get to live. That's what matters - that it works perfectly fine for most cats, not that it violates your personal subjective opinion about what should a cat be eating and in what form.
>>
>>2457044
are we going to play the 4chan meme arrow cherry picking game or are we going to talk about this like adults? okay let's play the meme arrow game
>Humans have evolved to walk and not use cars - ever.
>Humans have evolved to be naked and not wear clothing covering entire body, because living in Africa doesn't require clothing.
these are false parallels. cars, clothing, whatever -- these are not internal processes. whether or not we drive a car or wear clothes has no bearing on what nutrients we require as human beings to survive.
>Cats haven't evolved to be fed and yet most people keeping cats don't force them to hunt to survive.
also a false parallel. we feed cats because finding enough food outside can be fucking hard, or because we don't want our cats killing wildlife.
>shows that you certainly don't know what you're talking about
which in turn shows that you're another generically pompous vegan prick. see? i can do it too.
>Argumentum ad Ignorantiam
>There are cats fed vegan diets (except for mother's milk) and living more than 10 years
yeah, sure, okay. sources? here come the anecdotes!
>combined with double standards that vegan diet has to be perfect, while meat diets can be shit because it's le evolution xD and thus is immune to criticism.
straw man. you're projecting that argument onto me and attacking it because that's what you're used to doing.
>That's what matters - that it works perfectly fine for most cats, not that it violates your personal subjective opinion about what should a cat be eating and in what form.
right, because your viewpoint that a vegan diet for cats -- flying completely in the face of ALL contemporary knowledge of the nutritional requirements of cats -- is grounded in scientific fact (of course, unsourced), and my opinion, backed by that little thing called SCIENCE, is a "personal subjective opinion."

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you: vegans.
>>
>>2457060
Fucking
Brutal
>>
>whole thread states cat might be kill

>lol you guys I'm gonna do it anyways.

I mean, I wouldn't try to feed my python hay if I was told I might kill him.
Do you know how hard it is to poke a hole through the skull of a mouse to get him to eat?

Why would you get a cat, op?
Why do you care so little about your cat that you're willing to risk killing or damaging it?
Of course it's not certain that you will, but a loving responsible pet owner wouldn't even take the risk.

I'm vegan and I'd never think to do something like this to any of my pets. This is disgusting.

Get a rabbit or pigeon or chinchilla or goat instead. That poor cat.
>>
>>2455830
I hope you named the cat Schrodinger, may be alive but at the same time is as good as dead around you.
>>
>>2457044
>10 years is more than 90% of wild cats get to live. That's what matters
HAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK?

The average was 12-15 as of 2014. 10 years by your anecdotes, and by my anecdotes that's 10 years of fragility and deteriorating health and overall misery.

10 years is 25% less than 15 years.. Dude. That's like a human living to 60 instead of 80. And having muscle wasting and shit health for 45 of them. Get the fuck out of here that's terrible.

>combined with double standards that vegan diet has to be perfect
Uh no, he's saying that the diet has to be good enough to sustain them in actual good health. That is *FUCKING* easy with a diet that contains primarily animal meat.

NEWS FLASH: CATS CAN'T FUCKING DIGEST LARGE QUANTITIES OF PLANT MATTER

DUDE.

http://feline-nutrition.org/answers/answers-what-exactly-is-an-obligate-carnivore

Come on, stop. Driving a car isn't giving you nutrients, it's not fucking comparable. Humans have literally evolved into wearing clothing for ages, literally 150+ thousand years of wearing clothes.

>Cats haven't evolved to be fed
Ugh. Exactly why you should stick to feeding them what they would get in their natural habitat.

Seriously. Obligate carnivore.

Say it with me: OBLIGATE. CARNIVORE.
>>
>>2455939
If they're stupid enough to be vegan then they sure as shit are stupid enough to give lettuce to a carnivore.
>>
>>2457092
Vegan diet is feasible for humans. We only need like a diet of 10-15% protein. A cat needs 65-80% protein so that alone essentially makes it not feasible
>>
>>2457095
>Vegan diet is feasible for humans
Only if you don't mind being a skinny piece of shit who'd easily get dragged around by a fucking corgi.
>>
>>2457098
hahaha I mean I'm not vegan but that depends on the amount of effort you're willing to put into ideal nutrition while being vegan
>>
>>2455830
>>2455849
>>2455939

wait, cats are supposed to eat meat? I've been taking care of my aunt's cat for a week now and giving it veggies to eat since I thought thats what cat food is
>>
>>2457103
No cats have like 4 stomachs and can get all the nutrients they need from grass
>>
>>2457044
>10 years
The average house cat lives 15-20 years, and there have been cats that live 30+ years.

If 10 years is the best a vegan cat can do, then feeding a cat a vegan diet should be considered animal abuse, as you are intentionally feeding your cat a bad diet
>>
>>2457098
There are plenty of fat asses that are vegans. You don't need to eat animals to eat excess calories
>>
>>2457003
>LOL why?
To reduce suffering, retard.
>>
>>2457060
>Blogpost followed by "OMG you vegans are the worst"!
See? What'd I say here >>2456933? All meatfags are like this. ALL OF THEM.

>>2457060
By the way, never eat a fortified food again. Ever. Otherwise you're a raging hypocrite.
>>
>>2457192
>this autistic
>>
>>2457196
>U bad cuz I don't like it!
Excellent point, meatshit. Well argued.
>>
>>2457192
Cancer.
>>
>>2457207
What's the matter? No 500 word blogpost about how wrong I am? Just ad homs now? It's almost like you're wrong or something.
>>
File: 1448507384283.png (9 KB, 493x402)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>2457192
>Blogpost
>>
>>2457203
>Well argued.
the irony is that you venture forth one little limp dick reply bait with no justification, get soundly rebuffed, and immediately jump to base shit stirring, redirection, and (with the greatest of irony) ad hominem attacks. you're a joke my dude!
>>
where's fucking bug guy? he was at least good at this
>>
>>2457192
>>2457203
I'm vegan and I think everything you've said is autistic bullshit.
No "meatfags" have been blog posting.
I'm pretty sure we're all here to help faggot op's cat.
You sound like an angry teenaged girl. This isn't about you or me or your hatred for meatfags or even veganism. This is about a faggot abusing his cat and the people trying to convince him not to against the people advocating it and pushing their beliefs onto an animal.

If you fuckers want to argue over some vegan meatfag "beef" (I couldn't help it) then you should make your own thread for it.

>>2455830
Get a fucking chinchilla or rabbit or goat for fucks sake.
>>
>>2457203
>more autism
I don't have to elaborate, every post you make solidifies my statement.
>>
>>2457191
don't get a cat then, retard.

Or better yet just feed it using mice/rats and insects you grew lol, literally. You can breed your own mice and gas them with helium, they'll die painlessly.
>>
>>2457213
>with no justification
I would assume that reducing suffering was a self-evident goal. I often forget I'm dealing with sociopaths so devoid of conscience you have to explain to them WHY compassion matters.

>get soundly rebuffed
When were you planning on doing this?

>Buzzword buzzword buzzword buzzword
Go fuck yourself.

>>2457221
>I'm pretty sure we're all here to help faggot op's cat.
Then you're lying and not a vegan. Nothing you've said bears any resemblance to veganism. Just another faggot lying on the internet. Funny thing is, I'm NOT a vegan, but I'm not going to sit here and lie about it. And 4chan does not give a rat's ass about animals. And certainly nobody right wing does. Animals are just possessions to them. I doubt they'd even deny that claim.

>This is about a faggot abusing his cat
No, it is not. And once again, you prove yourself a delusional shitposter.

>>2457239
You've yet to come up with an argument so you just keep saying "I win!" in different words. A fascinating window into the mental disease of Dunning-Kruger.

>>2457292
>Or better yet just feed it using mice/rats and insects you grew lol, literally
Or, you can just not kill any animals to begin with. Period.

Listen, this isn't that fucking hard. Cat nutritional requirements are not some dark art. We know what they need. If you can create a vegan cat food that provides all the nutrition a cat needs and does no harm, then obviously that SHOULD be what you use. I'm all for being rid of any vegan catfood that's bad for a cat, but that's a separate issue. You niggers simply don't care because you don't care about animals to begin with (let's not forget many of you are herpfaggot sociopaths). That's why killing animals for food literally doesn't even register on your moral radar. Not everyone is a sociopath.
>>
>>2457098
she's vegan
>>
>>2457295
>Or, you can just not kill any animals to begin with. Period.

Phaggot. You have excessively strict, rigid morals you adhere to with fervor without thinking them over beyond "death is bad!"

Listen little you green little faggot.

Killing an animal humanely and painlessly after raising them and allowing them to live with pleasure isn't morally wrong. The factory farming industry isn't wrong because they're killing animals. It's wrong because their existence is fucking misery up to that point, and they're killing them in brutal, painful ways.

If you have a cat, and you feed them VEGETABLES when they're OBLIGATE CARNIVORES then you are ABUSING THEM. The whole fucking point of this argument is because we care about the suffering of animals, you absolute dolt. If we didn't care, we'd say fucking feed them plants only, allow them to live to 1/2 of their domestic lifespan, have shit health for all of it. Allow them to be miserable as fuck.

But we aren't saying that. Feed them a proper fucking diet or don't get them at all. Cat food is made of the 'waste product' of the fucking meat industry anyway, literally ground up trachea, ballsack, dicks, noses, ears and feet. They're a byproduct of the industry that will otherwise just be thrown in a landfill.

Your moral stance is fucking retarded buddy. "hurdur don't KILL thangs mayne, feed muh cat VEGETABLES, destroy the environment by having to grind up dozens of pounds of peas or soy, take out the fiber and the starch just so we can get 50% of the RDV of lysine for ONE CAT@! huhueheuaheu I'M MORALLY SUPERIOR TO YOU THOUGH HEAHEUAHEUEAHEU I HAVEN'T GIVEN A MODICUM OF THOUGHT TO MY MORAL STATUS AND WHAT ACTUALLY MAKES SOMETHING IMMORAL IS BUT I SWEAR I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT"

Fuck you are dumb. DON'T GET A FUCKING CAT, retarded shitfuck.
>>
>>2457310
>You have excessively strict, rigid morals you adhere to with fervor without thinking them over beyond "death is bad!"
Yeah and that's bad because you don't want to listen. I don't care. You being a terrible person isn't my fault. It's yours. You bear responsibility for it.

>Killing an animal humanely
There is no "humane" way of slaughtering animals. If you think this, I would imagine you would have no problem with someone "painlessly" gassing your parents, grandparents or children and feeding them to carnivores. I mean humans are overpopulated and we need to start hunting them or they'll destroy all the plant life, right? I mean that's the argument for deer. And I mean we kill deer "humanely" and it's not at all to get our rocks off on slaughter or anything. All right wing meatfag lies are bluster and hypocrisy, because you'd NEVER apply the shit you expect other species to tolerate to yourselves, so all your bullshit boils down to your main belief "might makes right". And if that's the case, why bother arguing with you? Why not just kill you and take all your shit? Why obey laws? I mean darwinian selection will just favor the most fit, the strongest, right?

Your entire line of argumentation is stupid and shit. And the fact that you're arrogant about it only makes you that much worse of a person. It's as simple as this, if your arguments can be summarized with logical fallacies like the Naturalistic Fallacy or Might Makes Right (but only when I'm on top, because I'll whine like a little bitch if I'm not), then you need to rethink your philosophies.
>>
>>2457322
>If you think this, I would imagine you would have no problem with someone "painlessly" gassing your parents, grandparents or children and feeding them to carnivores.

Retard. You realize that if you grow a herd of cows they have less emotional range and therefore significantly less suffering if one of their kind dies.

>There is no "humane" way of slaughtering animals.

retard...

YOU'RE FUCKING DUMB AND TORTURING YOUR CAT HAHAHA

You green little faggot.

Get the fuck out of here. I didn't even bother reading most of your comment. You're full of so much green vegetable crap, I bet your shit is green.

You pussy.

You have no fucking critical thinking power
>>
>>2457328
I support eating meat but this post is full of shit. Vegan-tier arguments like ad-hominem and shit.
>>
>>2457328
>Retard. You realize that if you grow a herd of cows they have less emotional range and therefore significantly less suffering if one of their kind dies
This is just lies, backed by nothing but wishful thinking. Cattle are mammals. And suffering existed before fish.

You're obviously 12. You're not getting any more (You)s. Enjoy this last one.
>>
>>2457333
>Vegan-tier arguments like ad-hominem and shit.
faggot retard this is exactly what you just did

I don't "support eating meat," feeding a cat vegan is FUCKING RETARDED and definitely immoral

>>2457334
KEEEEKKK
>implying cows have the same emotional range as humans
Jesus you're dumb as fuck

I'm not saying they lack emotion.

I"m saying the depth of their emotion isn't to that level.

EVEN MORE SO, WE WERE FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BREEDING MICE AND INSECTS FOR FEEDING A CAT

YOU
ARE
RETARDED
>>
>>2457337
faggot faggot dumb dumb anus
>>
>>2457341
green little pussy bitch, guessing your asshole is permanently tinted green. That's repulsive.

Just thinking about your little frame, reminds me of an injured gazelle

Green faggot
>>
>>2457342
Dude, take it to Gaiaonline or something.
>>
>>2457345

AutoCash is an optional feature where GaiaOnline members can sign up to buy Gaia Cash on a reoccurring monthly schedule. The current cost per month for the feature is $10; users are given a generous amount[clarification needed] of content for the monthly fee.

Not going to play a pay2win game bro
>>
>>2457342
I wouldnt fart on your face if you PAID me, snotnose

Also Im not the vegan senpai, Im the meat eater who talked about ad homenim
>>
>>2457357
You meat eating piece of shit... I bet you wouldn't even buy a carnivorous animal and feed it vegan

BAKA
>>
>>2457358
Go row a boat off of a short pier, you whippersnapper
>>
>>2457359
Go away and leave me alone. What you are doing or saying is really irritating. I'm really tired of your constant criticisms. Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier?
>>
>>2457361
u mad, boi?
>>
>>2457362
I'm trembling with rage right now
>>
File: i see.jpg (39 KB, 195x360)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2457310
>>2457328
>>2457337
>that cholesterol-fueled ghoul rage
You should lay off the corpses for a while. You'd calm down and get more rational.
>>
>>2457443
>vegans can't make arguments or refute any and thus deny science and rationality using ad hominems in place of arguments
wew
>>
File: 1491067583166.jpg (41 KB, 610x343)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2457458
>mad rage
>claiming irrelevant "muh nature of things, meat is magical and can't be replicated" shit that was proven wrong 50 posts ago
>more mad rage
>seriously, just fucking insane autistic shrieks
>nuh uh, the above are all science and rationality! you deny logic! I am right, I just sound like an insane ghoul with a brain full of tapeworm nodules and cholesterol-clogged arteries because I am so rational and scientific
>>
>>2457875
>vegans assume that everyone who thinks they're retarded because they unironically believe an obligate carnivore can eat solely plant material is the same person
>this is literally the vegan's only argument and nothing else besides that and ad hominem
>>
>>2455830
>they have been proven to be healthy
terrile fucking bait thread. sage and kill yourself OP
>>
Why don't vegans that have issues with what their pets eat just get bunnies?
>>
>>2457889
because they're all retarded, it's inherent to them
>>
Don't abuse your cat, feed them a diet that includes meat or don't have a cat at all
>>
File: 1501472086958.gif (504 KB, 1080x1080)
504 KB
504 KB GIF
>All these replies and yous

Good bait OP
>>
I fed a cat some vegan meat-substitute once. He seemed to like it, ate it, but then vomited about 5 minutes later. I do not know if this is a universal reaction, but it seemed like he couldn't digest it.
>>
>>2458267
Don't feed cats human food.
Cats can eat vegan food just fine, but it has to be specifically selected, not heavily spiced and processed food for human consumption.
>>
>>2457889
People prefer animals with their own characters.

Cats are smart, cute and independent, like vegans.
If cats were herbivores, they'd be vegans of animal world.
The biggest difference is not the diet, though - it's the fact that cats can be pretty sadistic.
>>
>>2455830
Clearly a bait thread, all those replies
>>2455943
Just because stupid people sell stupid shit doesnt mean its ok. Dogs and Cats NEED meat in their diet, they will die or get serious health problems if not, that is if youre not baiting.
>>
>>2459000
>vegans
>smart, cute and independent
:^)
>>
>>2459000
>>2459006
>cats

>smart
>cute
>independent

voltaire smiling
>>
>>2456007
To add, cats are highly autistic about change. If you start feeding them a different diet they're going to sperg out. I think that one website that recommends dog food also has catfood reviews, use that, and feed your fucking animals meat.
>>
File: 1498790713592.jpg (52 KB, 641x556)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2457060
Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>2457060
Btfo
>>
File: 1491248439167.jpg (108 KB, 550x413)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2455830
such misuse of kot jazz is shameful, anon. i am disappoint.
>>
File: blinism.jpg (293 KB, 960x960)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>2456110
Kot mantains a healthy diet based on chicken, reaction faces and blini. Specially blini.
>>
File: 1477205818729.jpg (147 KB, 1024x860)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>2460384
Also cmetaha and watermelon.

Jazz isn't a vegan cat, but he sure tries to be an omnivorous cat, which is a step in direction of morality.
>>
>>2459164
>To add, cats are highly autistic about change. If you start feeding them a different diet they're going to sperg out.
Cute!
>>
>>2456018
>>2456014
>>2456010
>>2456008
>>2455973
>>2455830
This is clearly a troll, and a shitty one. Just stop paying attention to it. Hopefully the cat dies and the person who owns it sues/puts criminal charges on OP for anumal cruelty and endangerment.
>>
>>2457304
I don't think steroids are vegan and gluten free
>>
>>2456746
Double trolling. Troll hard 2: troll harder
>>
>>2456942
No, faggot.
>>
>>2456776
*crickets*
>>
>>2457295
>I want to replace one animal's suffering with another's.
Good logic there. You are best retard.
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (21 KB, 415x479)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>Trying to take an animal off it's natural diet because of their beliefs
>selfish retard detected
>>
>>2457107
this is false, do not listen to this man, he is a trickster
>>
>>2461278
>cats eat grass
>but they can't actually digest it xD it's an evolutionary leftover from when they were goats xD
>>
>>2455830
Do the world a favor and kill yourself. Cats are carnivore. Your cat isn't you.
>>
>>2461319
Read the fucking thread.
Carnivorism doesn't mean magical ability to die when eating non-meat, it means lack of mechanisms to produce certain substances which IN NATURE are not found (or hard to absorb) in animal's NATURAL habitat.

Being a pet of humans is not the natural state of any animal, not even dogs which lived with us for millenia.
>>
>>2461930
dogs have specifically evolved to serve and live with humans and the fact that you're so anally flustered over your cat needing meat to survive that you want to completely change a perfectly okay diet just because of your beliefs shows that you're absolutely retarded and got a cat without caring about their diet and that you want your pet to suffer just because of your beliefs. fuck off already
>>
>>2461258
>durr we have to force cats to eat paleo because it's natural
SPOILERS: 50% of cat and dog food is already supplemented with taurine that doesn't come from animals.

The only selfish retards here are the ones who mindlessly deny further improvements to cat diet out of own ignorance and irrational sense of what "has to be".
>>
Shit, I got that wrong
50% of all taurine in cat and dog food comes from sources that don't involve animal products.
That's significantly more important.
>>
>>2456126
Cat's wondering why the fuck anyone would play Nekopara
>>
>>2456007
>Your morals are fucked
Says the cunt who thinks mass murder and slavery is okay because "cats are cute and meat tastes good lolol".
>>
>>2456007
LOL at the carnist attempting to do morals its SOOO cute
>>
>>2456028
The first ingredient in meow mix is corn you ignorant shit.

My cat ate corn on the cob ate cantaloupe regularly.
>>
>>2456014
>I came here for knowledge but the knowledge didn't match my personal beliefs so now i am the smart one
>>
>>2456094
This is a great question and actually it's not ethical. There's no justifying killing thousands of animals to feed one. Dogs can eat vegan though, most likely.

>>2456104
Shut up retard

>>2456115
I don't give a shit about cells. I've never even heard someone say that.
>>
>>2456217
>never having a big worry of predators
Except they all get killed.

100% of them.

At least in the wild only a minority get eaten.

Don't delude yourself, you are far more violent than a real carnivore. They only take what they need.
>>
>>2457071
Thank you for feeding your python properly even if it goes against your personal beliefs. I had a python who would only take freshly killed mice as well and even though i eat meat it was still incredibly hard to do for myself. A+ snakebro
>>
Congratulations OP, you have given everyone yet another example of how deluded and insane vegans are
>>
>>2464039
You're dumb, we're talking breeding Enough mice to feed a cat, not breeding thousands and brutally torturing them for no reason. All mice die in the wild, a huge percent likely starve, die painfully of disease or are eaten alive by a predator.

Breeding mice humanely, and killing them painlessly in enough quantity to feed a cat is not what you're suggesting
>>
>>2464029
Corn is an unhealthy cheap filler used in shitty commercial cat food. It's one of the major issues in shitty cheap cat food, like the one you bought, because you're dumb and don't care about your cat's health. The cheap food you've purchased is akin to buying the cheapest shit you can at McDonald's and saying "the first ingredient in the bun of this big Mac is wheat other ingredients include lettuce, tomato and poppy, you idiot, big Macs are undeniably healthy!"

It's not healthy even remotely. Plants are shit for a cat's health kek. Go ahead, make your cat suffer and stay ignant, low iq vegan, go eat more kale and shrivel up from b12 deficiency while slowly starving a cat
>>
File: 1502584859517-an.png (529 KB, 658x960)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>2464099
>All mice die in the wild
>>
>>2464110
Yes you fucking retard. Unless they magically live forever in the wild. Their life expectancy is probably 6 months at most in the wild

>Hurdur mice don't die in the wild huehue they live forever, I swear the average lifespan isn't a fraction of what it could be in captivity and that they aren't dying painful deaths..

Fuckin dumbass
>>
>>2464039
>At least in the wild only a minority get eaten.
Lol no, try almost all.
Virtually zero of any prey animal will live out its entire lifespan. The only animals that get a pass are those that grow too big to mess with or island dwellers without major predation. 99.9% of vertebrates will meet a violent gory end.

>They only take what they need.
A myth. A predator will kill as much as is available to it. If prey is penned up, a wolf, weasel, whatever, will kill all of them at once if possible. Hell, have you never seen a shrike's thornbush littered with half-eaten corpses?
>>
>>2464034
this
>>
>>2464115
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2102924-monster-slugs-are-devouring-defenceless-baby-birds-in-nests/
Forgot to add slugs to list of predators that dgaf.
>>
>>2464045
It's sad that you feel good about this

You killed hundreds of animals for 1 snake
>>
>>2464106
Kinda funny when meat eaters trying to tell vegans they don't care about animals.

You haven't got the slightest grasp on morality.
>>
>>2464115
Most carnivores only kill when they're hungry

Whereas carnist humans kill for no reason at all.

You are worse than a killer. More like a black hole, mindlessly devouring.
>>
>>2464367
Better than eventually killing one animal because I thought I could feed an obligate carnivore a vegan diet
>>
>>2464381
>killing hundreds of animals is better than killing 1

you're fuckin retarded
>>
>>2464373
Enjoy your feline diabetes and urinary problems because you were too much of a fat arrogant shit and thought of all your problems in terms of "CARNIVORR VS VAAYGAN" to put critical thinking into what you were feeding your beast.
>>
>>2464398
>implying your entire existence on this earth isn't predicated on that exact notion

Enjoy it as another swathe of rainforest is burned to make way for another rare earth metal mine to generate raw materials for your ishit products to be screwed together in China you worthless typical millenial.
>>
>>2464400
>accidentally killing a rat while gardening is the same as raising trillions of rats to be slaughtered

you're fuckin retarded
>>
>>2464399
so cats can't eat corn

you might want to tell every catfood compary in the universe dipshit

>plants don't have protons it has to be FLESH
>>
>>2464400
>gen z zombie climate change denialist enters the thread
Global maximum of average IQ of unique posters in this thread was when this thread had only one post.
>>
>>2464115
here's a video of a lioness playing with a baby baboon after killing the baboon mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt6yszR2kzY

shouldn't the lion eat that baby alive? you retard? Obviously there is more to animals than mere hunger and impulses.

But you would have slaughtered that baboon without a second though, you animal.
>>
>>2464115
here's another lion video, the kind of the jungle.

this lion is playing with a baby calf. is the lion merely enjoying himself, without a care for the calf?

no. because another lion attempts to EAT the calf, but our lion protects the calf.

you retard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUXU172vGg
>>
>>2464429
That particular lion ate that particular calf later. I was kinda sad because I hoped she'd adopted it.
>>
>>2464458
Sourve? Perhaps she became hungry. That would make sense.

Predators aren't always on the hunt. There are many videos of predators playing with prey. I assume the carnivore has recently eaten in these scenarios.
>>
>>2464458
Lying faggot
>>
>>2464426
>He's never seen a cat play with it's food before
>>
File: IMG_3396.jpg (26 KB, 505x291)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Why not just feed it fish? Surely you can't be afraid of killing a fucking fish anon? If you're vegan that's perfectly fine but don't start pushing this on your animals and violating the Circle of Life.There have been many reports of cats even dogs(who are omnivores to an extent)being malnourished from vegan diets.
>>
>>2456028
vegetatians/OP BTFO
>>
>>2464409
the op is pretty stupid so i don't think that was the maximum
>>
File: Phoenix_in_despair.png (346 KB, 960x640)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>all these replies on an obvious bait thread
Come on, /an/, you're better than this
>>
>>2465466
>Surely you can't be afraid of killing a fucking fish anon?
>afraid
Not wanting to hurt innocent beings is not cowardice. Wanting to stop the overwhelming status quo, picking up a fight against conformism so deeply ingrained that it has laws protecting it - that's bravery.
>>
>>2465773
this. how the fuck is this thread still up?
>>
>>2465773
Bait?
The vegan catfood brand really exists.
It sells products, buyers don't complain, cats don't get ill.
>>
>>2457103
wew lad
Why are you taking care of cats when you clearly don't know anything about them?
>>
>>2456007
This. I am a vegetarian because I don't really care for meat, and I feel like it has a positive effect on the environment. But I am not going to force that on any other person, let alone an animal that can't defend itself or voice it's opinion.
>>
>>2467906
>let alone an animal that can't defend itself or voice it's opinion.
I think we can let them choose. Set out the vegan food and then normal food in a similar price range. (i.e if the vegan food is $2.50/lb set out standard food which is also $2.50/lb) I think we know which food the carnivorous animal is going to choose.
>>
>>2467930
deer eat meat too you fucking idiot. just because animals like meat more means nothing. they eat whatever they can to survive and meat is higher energy in a smaller package.
>>
Can you even call yourself a vegan if you own a carnivorous pet? Isn't that breaking your stupid moral code?
>>
>>2467940
>can you ever call yourself a non-murderer if you eat meat? after all humans are made of meat
This is how stupid your logic is

Cat on a vegan diet isn't killing anything
>>
>>2468809
>putting an obligate carnivore on a vegan diet
>not destroying their health, constituting as animal abuse
pick one and only one
>>
>>2468814
>if we move the goalpoint and ignore all that was said in the thread, I win
>checkmate atheists
>>
>>2469026
>implying the entire thread wasn't about how feeding cats vegan destroys their health and not to do it because it's literal animal abuse
>implyination
>>
>>2455830
My bunny eats meat!
>>
File: photo.jpg (1 KB, 48x48)
1 KB
1 KB JPG
>>2455830
You really should kill yourself, you are no help to animals, you are no help to your fellow vegans (you're a walking stereotype, thus making meat eaters hate vegans even more), and you're just selfish.
You should never take an animal off it's natural diet, despite what you say, a cat's natural diet does include meat and they need meat. They're predators for a reason and it's a miracle that you can even be in the same area as a cat given how retarded you are.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>2469073
The thread has two sides:
>most cats fed a vegan diet specifically made for cats are fine, go for it OP
>HURF DUUURRRR CATS R CARNIVORES U RITARD KILL URSELF HERE IT SAYS IN MY DICTIONARY THAT CARNIOVRES HAVE TO EAT MEAT SO I DON'T QUESTION WHY BECAUSE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND NUTRITION AND BASE MY WORLDVIEW ON MEMES AND SIMPLIFICATIONS
>>
>>2469267
>All these carnists sure are silly, unlike me, who is correct
>HURRRRR NDURRRR NO WE R NOT???? UR RETARD I REPOT U
Carnism: Checkmated
>>
Lel gud b8 m8
>>
>>2457098
Shaolin monks
>>
>>2457875
>Dairy products and autism
Does PETA actualyl defend that as an argument?
Do they believe in Vaccination autism too?
>>
>>2469267
>>most cats fed a vegan diet specifically made for cats are fine, go for it OP
>hurpdurp i say this so it truee XDD
>>
>>2469267
Please seejavascript:quote('2456776');
>>
“Never argue with stupid vegan people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
-Mark Twain
>>
>>2469408
"Never trust quotes on the internet."
-Ben Franklin
>>
>>2469452
kek nice fake quote you little greenie
>>
>>2469452
"ur a fagit"
-Adolf Hitler
>>
>>2469462
>fake
OH REALLY???
>>
File: felis the peak.jpg (635 KB, 1200x1800)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
Is it wrong for me to be obsessed with cats?
I really, honest to god love cats. I have several neko posters plastered up all over my house, boy girl, trap, whatever. I can't get enough of their nyaa's and purrs, I always get really sad whenever I see a cat hurt or sad, I feel so connected to them. Sometimes, with my little kitten, I let him lick my tongue and kiss me, it makes me feel more like an inner cat if I can get some of that Saliva, transforming me. Cats really are the peak of mammals, even beyond humans. Nothing will beat the feeling of feeling up a cat in so many ways.
>>
File: 1488565857627.jpg (109 KB, 668x668)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2469744
Nope, it isn't wrong and is completely normal. I ,too, want to fuck cats.
>>
File: Iamsilly.png (66 KB, 810x800)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>2469267
>>
>>2469744
Sig vey, dis is some (((toxoplasmosis))) degeneracy!
>>
>>2464407
Dude you should avoid catfoid that has corn as a main ingredient ALWAYS. WTF meow mix is kitty big macs
>>
>>2469811
Do cats even digest starches?
What happens to that corn in their digestive systems?
>>
>>2470870
It gets shit out after small amounts of glucose with no nutrients at all are derived from it causing feline diabetes
>>
cats are natural carnivores. don't be a tard. they also need taurine supplements in their diet. VEGAN DIETS ARE NOT A THING FOR CATS AND DOGS
>>
>>2471334
Holy fuck read the fucking thread, you dense mongol
At least ctrl+f "taurine"
>>
>>2455830
Just let your cat outside often enough and it should live a long healthy vegan life.
>>
>>2455830
This is bait and I seem to have lost my bait folder.
>>
>>2455943
What is this garbage? You know what feed your cat a vegan diet. It will make one less cat on the world.
>>
>>2471639
Still waiting
>>2456776#
>>
Vegetarian and not vegan, but still related:
https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-it-safe-to-feed-my-dog-or-cat-a-vegetarian-diet/
>>
>>2472764
>peta
Are you going to link to the Time Cube website next to prove that Time Cube is completely factually true next?
>>
Bumping a 10/10 bait thread. Nice work OP.
>>
File: 5121705[1].jpg (10 KB, 228x228)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2461258
>natural diet
Like this wild can, for example.
>>
>>2472991
It is a well known fact that cats are naturally attracted to a sound of a can being opened.

It is a common mistake that cats are referred to as obligate carnivores. It is entirely possible for a cat not to eat meat. The myth was started by a little misunderstanding: the researcher documenting cat biology was dictating his thoughts to his assistant, who heard "carnivore", when the word was, in fact, "canivore".
Despite the mistake being corrected in later editions, the misconception is still alive and contributes to malnutrition of housecats.
>>
>>2464020

We're supposed to eat meat, you condescending autist.
>>
>>2464378

Slow your roll, wannabe poet.
>>
File: ghoul.gif (35 KB, 62x58)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>>2473282
I didn't know ghouls have computers
>>
>>2469755
>anime girl
>cat
>b-but animal ears!
Furries aren't real animals
>>
>>2473286
I didn't know spoiled, preteen girls who are out of touch with reality could figure out how to use a computer.
>>
>>2474704
>warcraft 3 pic
>preteen
This game is older than you.
>>
>>2475471
>a pic for ants makes any difference at all
>>
>>2475475
>underage gen z ghouls are posting on /an/
>>
>>2475476
>muh hurtful words
>muh fefe's
>don't eat the poor animals
Not my fault you just found out you can do more than piss out that smelly hole of yours.
>>
>>2475478
>Not my fault you just found out you can do more than piss out that smelly hole of yours.
Can anyone translate this from baby babble to English?
>>
>>2475480
I would, but I'm afraid you'll just throw yourself on your bed covered in stuffed animals and scream at your Justin Bieber poster.
>>
>>2457103
Please tell me you're a troll
>>
>>2475570
I heard about those posts once.
They are not exactly trolls, but not serious either.
I heard that they're called "jokes".
>>
>>2464110
>what is that Canadian province I always forget but that eliminated mouses and rats like that?

Mouses and rats have evolved to be dependent on humans, without a human environment where they can get food and shelter, they die.
>>
>>2457322
The main difference though is that animals are not sentient so comparing that to killing humans isn't comparable, most animals are not even aware of themselves, if they did have human like intelligence then that would be another story but they don't so personally i don't see a problem with eating them.
>>
>>2476788
>The main difference though is that animals are not sentient so comparing that to killing humans isn't comparable
Except subhuman downies who have less intellectual capacity than pigs are still given the magical "human" rights.
And conservatards fight hard to grant rights to embryos which are literally dumber than flies and cockroaches.

Anyone who uses the argument
>animals don't have sapience so it's OK to eat them
unironically would be a hypocrite if a cannibal decided to kill them for food. After all, this argument is only used by subhuman retards.
>>
>>2476794
I agree with you with trying to grant rights to embryos though, that is rather stupid, but all humans are on a different standard due to the fact we are sapient; again there is a huge difference between a cow that does not even know there is a world and a human can form coherent thoughts.

Would you feel bad if you swatted a fly, setting poison out for ants that keep getting at you food or having a exterminator getting rid of wasps that made a nest in the roof?

Also I would say the cutoff for what should be up for eating should be sentient not sapient: animals like elephants, dolphins and the great apes, because of how smart they are.
>>
>>2476810
>Also I would say the cutoff for what should be up for eating should be sentient not sapient
So pigs, cows, chickens etc. are all above the cutoff.

Read up what does this word mean.
>>
>>2476812
Hmm i always thought sentient meant awareness of yourself and sapient meant human like intelligence so sorry for the mix up. still the point is animals that are capable of higher thoughts like crows, octopus and so on should be off limits.
>>
>>2476818
>still the point is animals that are capable of higher thoughts like crows, octopus and so on should be off limits.
That includes pigs
>>
>>2476838
Eh i'm not sure about pigs. I know there smart but i don't think there on the same level as a crow or dolphin I don't think they are capable of tool use or group mentality. There are also different species of pigs to take into account; A wild boar is not going be as smart as a farm yard pig, or maybe there smarter, i'm not a pig expert.
Still even if you find pigs to be a step to far you still have cows and chickens that are acceptable, along with other farm animals like them.
>>
>>2475908
Idiot. Cats have razor sharp teeth meant for meat consumption. Herbivorous animals that live on vegetation have rounded/dull teeth. If you're serious, you are fucking brainless and shouldn't be taking care of animals.
>>
>>2477211
Humans have feet made for walking, meaning it's idiotic and degenerate to even consider using a plane, let alone a car.
This is your logic right here.
>>
>>2478289
>even using this comparison
Seriously consider suicide.
>>
vegans were never this stupid
>>
It actually can't be done. They lack an amino acid only found in meat. And im vegan
>>
>>2457221
>pushing their beliefs onto an animal

Ya know killing something is a pretty definitive form of belief pushing imo
>>
you're out of your goddamn mind, and so will your cat be if you start feeding her veggies
>>
>>2479429
Which one, mr. smartypants?
Did you make SURE you googled the sources of this amino acid and verified that it's ONLY found in meat?

I'm betting it's the fucking taurine, which was mentioned in the thread 9 times already.
>>
It's fine to give cats vegan food. It's not about ethic, it's about cats' health, is it normal to see cats dieing by cancer? Not for me. Same for dogs. There are a lot of studies which tell vegan pets food is more healthy for animals than normal food
>>
>>2479890
>It's fine to give cats vegan food
Again, >>2456776
>>
>>2456776
Taurine naturally occurs only in animal tissue, synthetic Taurine has been produced on a large scale since about 1930. In fact, many meat-based pet foods utilize synthetic Taurine to meet nutritional requirements as well. Same for other vitamins. Same for animals-based products.
>>
>>2480505
I understand what taurine is. What I don't understand is that if people really believe a cat can thrive on an all vegan diet, then why can't they cite various sources and studies proving this? If you research anything about the issue you will find scores of studies and articles about the fact vegan diets are less than ideal and even dangerous for cats. The only info to the contrary is published by the same companies pushing meat substitute foods, a very biased source.
>>
>>2480540
vegan diet is also shit for humans. and of course a few protest eaters wont stop the meat and dairy industries.

vegans are just useless smug asswhipes
>>
>>2480549
Thanks for sharing your idiotic, uneducated opinion.
This is what we needed in this thread: a raving retard.
>>
>>2480550
>vegan detected
have you take your daily cocktail of vitamin pills already?
>>
>>2480549
>>>2480540
>vegan diet is also shit for humans. and of course a few protest eaters wont stop the meat and dairy industries.
>vegans are just useless smug asswhipes
I understand you but I invite you to compare the list of vitamins etc of both the products.
>>
>>2480558
>>>2480550
>>vegan detected
>have you take your daily cocktail of vitamin pills already?
Never took a vitamin pill in 4 years xD Anyway the animals you eat take vitamins made by us, the humans ERGO you take vitamin pills in another way, like B family vitamins for example. Study or shut up
>>
>>2480592
>Never took a vitamin pill in 4 years
then you arent on a vegan diet, because being on a vegan diet without taking supplementary vitamins will literally kill you.

inb4 vegans try to deny it.

you people are mentally ill
>>
>>2480601
Nice baseless assertions you've got there
Try some science next time
>>
>>2480588
I believe you quoted me by mistake. I'm the anon who has repeatedly asked for a non biased source linking a study showing that a vegan diet is healthy for cats.
>>
>>2480601
>>>2480592 (You)
>>Never took a vitamin pill in 4 years
>then you arent on a vegan diet, because being on a vegan diet without taking supplementary vitamins will literally kill you.
>inb4 vegans try to deny it.
>you people are mentally ill
You are free to don't trust me. But take a look at the pharmacies, a lot of vitamins, supplements.. All for vegans? Come on, don't be retard :3
>>
>>2467906

More methane, and animals die in the corn threshers too. You just don't have the decency to consume the animals that you kill. See. I can morally posture too.
>>
>>2480774
>More methane
Holy shit the ass-backwardness of ghouls is reaching that of climate change denialists.
>>
>>2480776

>thinking a vegan diet doesn't make you shit more.

Holy shit the ass-backwardsness of zombies is reaching that of escaped mental patients. (I blame your lack of Omega-3 fatty acids.)
>>
>>2457304
You are aware there are fat Vegans, right?
>>
>Anyone got any experience with feeding a slug a salt and beer diet?
>>
>>2481931
>cats naturally seek plants to chew on and swallow
>therefore all plant matter kills cats
Ghoul "logic"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.