[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20170909_144755.jpg (2.42 MB, 1944x2592)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
Hey, /an/. What do you think about my new snail kingdom?
>>
slime doggo
>>
She's kinda thicc...
>>
Which species?
>>
File: IMG_20170909_141659.jpg (1.56 MB, 1944x2592)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>2476844
Cornu aspersum, I think.
Just your average garden snails.
I try to find some with really pretty shells.
>>
>>2476863
she's a cutie
>>
>>2476981
Thanks anon
>>
Fucking bad ass
Are they are hardy? Do they breed?
>>
>>2476995
Oh super hardy! They'll only breed at room temperatures and up and they need to be kept humid if you want them to be active all day, but if you forget to feed them or keep them humid they'll just hibernate.
I have two adult snails and 156 babies right now.
Once the babies are close to being sexually mature I'm going to release them.
I made sure to find a spot where there's not enough resources for their populations to get super crazy.

The only real problem was walking everyone but I'm hoping that the size of their cage would make that less necessary.
I'm glad you think my snails are "Bass's"
I don't really hear a lot about pet snails on /an/
>>
>>2477014
"badass "
>>
>>2476820
Snails don't like dirt. You need moss not dirt. Too much dirt.
>>
>>2477014
>The only real problem was walking everyone
Do snails need to be walked?
>>
Don't snails dislike going over their old mudslime tracks?
>>
>>2477056
>(red text) there is too much dirt
>there is not enough moss
>snail 1 would be happier with more rocks
>snail one would like a mate
>>
>>2477163
>(red text)
>>
>>2477096
No, they're able to go faster on their old mudslime tracks. Its faster because of less friction and they're able to conserve mucus.
>>
If you pet a slime doggo on its shell, do they feel it
>>
Freak
>>
>>2477056
>>2477163

Oh don't worry guys.
There's another snail in there so she has a mate
That's not dirt, though it's coconut fiber.
I'll look into this moss thing. I'm pretty sure that's hermit crabs, though. I've never heard anything about snails preferring moss in my life.
>>2477286
Yes. I think it kind of freaks them out, though so when I hold them I just put some water on my fingertip and poke them with the water droplet. It looks pretty cool to see it cover their whole body and they seem to enjoy it.
>>2477294
Anon, why? :(
>>
>>2476820
throw in a cuttlebone or egg shells. they need a calcium source
>>
File: 1505044455020-1909365428.jpg (2.08 MB, 1944x2592)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>2477335
Already got one. ^~^
I think I probably should've gotten more so they'd have options to go to, but they don't really use their cuttlefish bones anyways.
I might just start feeding them plants and veggies with more calcium.

Thanks for these suggestions, anons.
I really appreciate it. I'm always looking for better ways to take care of these guys.
I was thinking they needed more rocks too and I'll probably get them some today.

How many snails do you guys think I could fit in here?
>>
File: IMG_20170910_050343.jpg (1.23 MB, 1944x2592)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Here's some baby snails who were hanging out I'm the food bowl.
>>
how do you keep them from climbing out?
>>
File: 15050460411731260502341.jpg (1.02 MB, 1944x2592)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>2477344
There's a lid
I'm not very good with a drill so it looks a bit fucked, but there should be enough air and still conserve humidity.
>>
>>2477351
>all those scrape marks

you're not using enough force when you drill. you gotta put a lot of muscle into pushing down when you do it.
>>
>>2477352
Thanks anon.
It was just a weird drill. I was geting the holes out fine, but I guess I was pressing down too hard and the drill bit snapped in half. The whole right side was done with the broken drill bit and I was scared of fucking it up worse so I didn't put as much pressure.
It was my first time using power tools on an enclosure though.
Next I'm thinking of building my own chicken condo.
>>
put there real fast growing plants
>>
>>2477361
Already on it. The little patch with flowers is going to grow some shit.
I'm thinking about putting in some grass seeds too.
>>
>>2477163
>Snail 2 is unhappy
>Snail 4 is unhappy
>Snail 89 is unhappy
>Snail 12 is unhappy
>>
>>2477382
Wat do
>>
>>2477014
did you hand count 156 snail babies?
>>
>>2477093
>>2477466
Asking the real questions
>>
>>2477466
Well of course. They're very small so I had to count them all and move them to a cup in order to clean they're old container.
It's very relaxing. Sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping I count snails in my head.
It helps me make sure I don't accidentally dump out a snail with the bedding, too.
>>
You can keep you inverts. I'd rather have an army of master race slugs.
>>
>>2477501
I was thinking about putting some slugs in, but I don't like the idea of the segregation that would have to occur since snails don't like how slimey slugs are. They like to get all over food too. Literally coating it in slime.
I think there's enough room for one pair of slugs and they're future 156 babies. They're awfully cute when they're little and when they're super chubby.
>>
>>2477487
You are adorable
>>
>>2477501
I used to poke slugs with needles. You could poke them over and over and over and the would still be sliding away. But if you poked them in the side at just the right spot, a brownish liquid would come gushing out and they would be dead within a few seconds. Its was like their weak spot or something.
>>
File: IMG_20170910_095140.jpg (94 KB, 960x405)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2477523
Th-thanks, anon.
I'll cherish this thread forever now.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10 KB, 286x176)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2477532
Thanks anon. I'll be sure to keep this in mind for the next slug apocalypse or spread the word to the military forces of my new snail settlement.
Those poor slugs, though...
>>
File: mfw.jpg (64 KB, 576x1024)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2476820
Here is my snail.
It's giant african snail.
Stay jelly with your tiny inferior snails.
>>
File: 1.jpg (337 KB, 2048x1152)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>2477576
Here is one more pic of him/her (how do you call a snail with both genders?).
>>
>>2477576
That's one big beautiful snail.
I wanted one myself, but they're "agricultural terrorists" and all.
How's his set up? Do you take him for walks? What kind of snacks does he like?
>>
>>2477579
>>2477576
>tiny achatina fulica
>not having the superior archachatina marginata
>>
>>2477579
I usually just pick a gender and call it that or just refer to the snail as "my snail" so I don't assume my snail's gender or disrespect my snails pronouns.
>>
>>2477585
It's hard to assume the gender when they can cange genders. I hate 2017.
>>
Snail anon pls stay here forever.
>>
>>2477604
this
comfy thred
>>
>>2477332
Are snails like hermit crabs and need to find a bigger shell when they grow too big?
>>
File: KenM.png (282 KB, 717x1819)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>2477741
>>
>>2477743
>It might be your pet turtles original shell but its definitely a different turtle inside

Jesus.

>>2477741
And no, the shell grows with them.
>>
What is the evolutionary benefit for snails having a shell if slugs don't and both are just as prosperous and reproduce at the same rate?
>>
Op here. Just got home and wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions on what size or how many rocks to put in snailtopia.
And later I'm thinking about making them some little plains Indian teepees out of shish kabob sticks or something.
>>2477604
Aww
Maybe I'll make a snail general if there's a lot of snails owners.
But don't worry, anon. I'm always here talking about chickens, telling people how to treat sick animals, discussing snail shell repair or other emergency operations, and helping out wherever I can.
As long as theres people picking up baby birds and not googling or researching basic animal care I'll be here. <3
>>2477741
No the shell grows with them. It's similar to a fingernail I'd guess.
>>2477818
That's a really good question.
I'm not really sure, but snails and slugs are a lot different. Much like bonobos and chimpanzees. I'm not a snail expert but snails fill a different niche than slugs. Slugs like to stay in damp dark crevices and caves and only come out to eat at night or when it rains because they'll shrivel up.
Snails on the other hand like to stick to trees and shit or low to the ground like on the sides of buildings and won't shrivel from the sunlight as long as there's a little bit of shade.
They can also hibernate comfortably if it's not humid enough or if the temperature isn't right or if there's no food available.
Slugs don't really have this luxury. Slugs have to get out while they can or endure it when weather isn't ideal. They're hard but they'll shrivel up a lot sooner than a snail.
Slugs are harder to kill though. If they fall from like 4 feet they're fine. If a snail falls it's organs fall put of its shell and OT dies.
Slugs are pretty hard to pick up and too slimey to eat for a lot of animals.
Snails are easy to consume.
Both are equally successful because they both have a shit ton of adaptations but they aren't really very similar behaviorally.
And snails fucking HATE living with slugs.
>>
>>2478045
Put quarts in there. The slime will make it shine.
>>
>>2478045
i wouldn't put too many super hard things like rocks in there because if they decided to randomly drop from the lid they can hit it and crack their shell.

I like to use lots of pieces (tubes and slices) of cork bark.
>>
>>2478045
Have you ever kept slugs?
>>
>>2477743
classic ken
>>
>>2478275
Snails don't do that, anon.
>>2478295
Yeah. This isn't my first snail topia. My other one was two plastic bug terrariums, a giant jar, and two goldfish bowls. I used sticks and tied them together to make a highway for snails to travel back and forth between the different enclosures. One of the bowls was slugs only.
>>
>>2477335
>eggshells

Anon, please don't tell lies. Egg shells are razor sharp along their edges compared to a snails soft skin. It's why a common remedy to keep pest snails and slugs out of your garden is to line it with eggshells.

They practically disembowel themselves.
>>
File: helix-pomatia-04.jpg (3.03 MB, 4288x3216)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>2478443
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>2477352
>>2477353
Just use a thumbtack or a small nail to start the hole, then use the drill to make it bigger.
>>
>>2478444
That is one badass snail
>>
>>2478444
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN
>>
File: cp6cU4H.jpg (454 KB, 2614x1749)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
snel
>>
>>2478457
>bargle!
>>
>>2478443
They're too slimey to cut themselves on it.
Sometimes I like to pick up wild snails and show my cousins and play with them for a bit and I usually give them two halves of an eggshell and some cucumber slices as compensation for their time before I put them back where I found them.
They absolutely love to crawl into them and I've never seen one get hurt by an eggshell.
Then again, crushed pieces of egg shell are different. Crushed eggshells get onto their soft underbellies and might feel like stepping on Legos.
Halves of egg shells are completely safe, though some snails don't like to eat them.
>>2478446
Thanks anon! I'll keep this in mind when I make the condo.
>>2478457
That's a nice snail but what's stuck on his underside?
A wet leaf?
I'm very concerned.
>>
>>2478474
Snel is eating poo
>>
File: poo.jpg (7 KB, 351x144)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2478498
hahaha no it's not. It's mouth is closed.
if anything it looks mad that it ran into it and it looks like it's making this face.

snails do that sometimes before they either look up for something they can climb on to avoid the thing they dislike or before they turn around.
>>
this thread reminded me I accidentally killed a pair of snails when I was a small child
I really enjoyed watching them in my yard and once I heard a crack, so I took a few steps back to see what happened and I started crying but as I stepped back I stepped on another snail
Didn't stop crying that day
I'm sorry snels
>>
File: 7947222[1].jpg (166 KB, 770x453)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Get on my level
>>
>>2478565
I want to poke it with a needle
>>
>>2478565
I AM A SNAIL I AM A SNAIL
>>
>>2478564
I'm sorry anon.
I'm sure those snails forgive you up in snaily heaven.
>>2478565
Fucking beautiful I tell ya. Beautiful.
>>
>>2478565
what kind of snail is this
>>
>>2478681
VERY bigg snail going at slowow speeds
>>
>>2478681
It's an extraordinarily large achatina fulica. Fulica's usually don't get that last large whorl on the shell like you can see in that picture so are usually a fair amount smaller.

I'd love to get one like that with the extra long shell.
>>
>>2478335
Any tips for breeding slugs?
What if you bred snails and slugs then a few generations in you treat the captive bred babies with anti-parasitic drugs and then use it as a feeder for reptiles and amphibians?
I know many lizards love snails and slugs, and I heard slugs are actually very nutritious for frogs

what would happen if you too snails into the vet and requested anti-paresitic medication for your pets?
>>
>>2477532
Brutal but interesting
>>
>>2478778
Honestly, this is a kind of horrible thing to ask in a thread of this nature imo, but I don't think the captive bred babies would really need anti parasitic meds.
Veterinarians are really hesitant to worm with snails. I haven't found one yet that will treat a snail or slug or any bug for that matter.
They're really easy to breed though. You're going to need a baby tank and am adult tank for snails and a separate tank for slugs.
Let the snails fuck in the big tank and then put them into the baby tank afterwards so they can lay their eggs in there.
I kind of forget how long it takes but I think it's two weeks for the eggs to hatch. Make sure there's food for them as soon as they hatch but don't be concerned if they've hatched and don't come out immediately. They like to eat their eggshells before they dig their way to the surface.
The only real problem with this idea is that it takes snails a year to get as as a normal snail and reach sexual maturity.
And when they're born both snails and slugs are as big as the "o" on a smartphone.
Maybe even smaller depending on what kind of phone you have.
I think you'd have better luck just catching snails and slugs rather than keeping up the tanks, and feeding the snails for months on end without anything to show for it.
Good luck with your frogs, though!
>>
>>2477749
Ken M is a fairly well-known troll.
>>
>>2477576
>>2477579
>>2478565
Why the hell aren't people farming and raising these things as food? You can literally get a two pound sized or larger snail from feeding them tablescraps/trash.

I want some fucking snail steaks, damnit.
>>
>>2476820
OP you're very cute and i want to fug you
>>
What does a snail's skin feel like?
>>
>>2478895
They're an extremely potent invasive species.
>>
>>2478968
Even better. Hunt them down and help the ecosystem at the same time. Organized snail hunt when.
>>
>>2478918
Y-you're making my shell wet anon!
>>2478895
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliciculture
>>2478932
You know how a dog drinks every drop of water out of the bowl leaving a trail of slime on the inside? It feels like the inside of that slimey drool/water mixture you feel inside the bowl.
>>2478971
African snails are really really hard to keep in check.
They're just more trouble than they're worth unless you can make some sort of facility that can maintain ideal conditions in a desert or artic tundra
That way if they escape they won't be a threat to the environment.
>>
http://www.boredpanda.com/snail-macro-photography-vyacheslav-mishchenko/

This thread needs more snails.

I'm still open to snail suggestions.
The crazier the better. Blueprints for snail mansions, crazy plant set ups, snail sized hobbit holes, or just general snail care suggestions and better ways to utilize the space.
>>
>>2478817
Sorry I offended you. Most bug people I know are fine with talking about bugs as feeders but I can understand if it makes you sad
Some people are just extremely empathic I guess
And holy shit, i didn't expect you actually tried deworming snails! That's dedication. Right on
Thanks for the advice
Have you had success breeding any other bugs you've caught?
>>
>>2478971
>encourage use of snabbit as food
>people start importing even more snabbit
Canee Toad tier idea.
>>
>>2479007
Bullfrogs prove you wrong
>>
>>2479153
Frogs and snails are a bit different reproductively speaking.
>>
File: 0HmiCtu.gif (877 KB, 500x320)
877 KB
877 KB GIF
>>2478986
I didn't try to deworm. One of my racers had some type of abnormality, A lump on its neck that wasn't a dick, and a week later one of my favourite snails fell of a lemon tree so I was really worried. When I was younger I'd race snails for money for candy, so the snails were really really important.
I took the bus all the way out of town to a veterinarian office where they said they couldn't operate on my snails because I was too young to sign paperwork and it was too big of a risk to use the turtle shell glue on a snail or perform any types of operations on them since vets lack and snail tailored equipment.

Me and my dad both bred crickets.
I always felt bad for them because they were just so cute. Sometimes I'd sneak them some cookies and watch them eat.
I don't think I've ever caught some crickets to breed but they're really cheap to get from pet stores and worth the effort imo.
It's pretty easy to deworm leopard geckos and bearded dragons and never in my life have I seen a sick American bullfrog/toad, so honestly I think you're good.
Maybe look into... Into boiling snails if you're worried about parasites?
Im sure you could find a way to kill them humanely, but I just wouldn't worry that much about worms 'n shit.
>>2479158
>>2479153
African snails cost China and America thousands of dollars to remove.
They're really really bad to have in any climate they could potentially escape and survive in. If two African snails make
500 babies every 7 months that's already 1000 babies in little more than a year that that are already sexually mature in 6 months and pair up and have babies.
That's a lot of fuckin snails man. That's a lot of food.
My two adult snails are tiny by comparison and can both eat through a whole slice of cucumber.
Those giant ones lay waste to entire fields of crops like really slow locusts.
>>
>>2477576
Gorgeous!
I am on the lookout for a gals but given how they're illegal in the states I'm not having any luck.
>>
>>2478979
>African snails are really really hard to keep in check.
>They're just more trouble than they're worth
People already put up with regular niggers, I'm sure snail niggers won't be any worse
>>
>>2478986
I don't really like using live snails as food because I'm just a massive snail fan but if you raise the snails yourself then they shouldn't really carry any worms, or at least any deadly ones like rat lungworm. Because in order to get infected they need to come in contact with stuff like rat droppings and if they're raised from egg to adult in an enclosure they're not going to come into contact with rat droppings.

That said, snail eggs, particularly GALS eggs as they're not tiny and they lay like 200+ in a clutch are pretty good reptile feeder if you can get them to eat it.
>>
>>2479279
B-but anon.
They're illegal for a reason!
>>
>>2476820
Aren't they just going to slime their way up the walls and out?
>>
>>2477163
>>2477382
>Snail 156 does not like the Dino Sub Stand
>Snail 24 just wants to have some fun and would like a toy
>>
>>2479440
>>2477351
There's a lid.
>>2479443
I'm trying my best okay.
>>
File: semi_slug.jpg (522 KB, 1024x685)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
/an/'s thoughts on semi slugs?
>>
Are you a grill OP?
>>
Will post some aesthetic oc snail pictures when I get home.
I'm happy to answer your snail questions and all but I need more snail pictures in this thread.
>>2479696
What... What's wrong with him?
>>2479702
Why does this matter? What are you hoping to accomplish?
"oh yeah I'm totally a hot girl hit me up anon I want some d"
>>2479702
>>
>>2477749
>not knowing about based Ken M
>>
>literally keeping snails in your house
you people are fuckin weird

how do you explain this shit to women you bring home?
>>
File: 1487633506016.jpg (89 KB, 333x500)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>2479894
>women you bring home
>>
>>2479894
I mean. I'm already taken and they absolutely adore my snails.
But the snails have always been a deal breaker for me.
I'd never fuck something that didn't like snails.
>>
>>2479821
He was gonna ask if you want to see his slug, but because he isn't here and missed his spot;
Do you want to see my slug?
>>
>>2479926
If it's a real slug hell yeah.
If it's a euphemism for penis then no.

I wish there were more snail/slug owners on /an/..
>>
File: IMG_20170913_182831~2.jpg (146 KB, 827x1172)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Snel bro I need your help. I found a snel in a bag of apples today and it has a broken shell. How do I fix.
>>
File: 1476028606016.jpg (55 KB, 957x621)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2479950
>>
>>2479950
okay well the first thing you do it set up a comfy container for this little snail bro. maybe get some dirt from outside and bake it in the oven for a while to kill parasites or buy some coconut fiber the same for snakes and frogs and shit. make sure if its coconut fiber to mix in water until it's almost paste like and drain the excess water before putting it in some kind of plastic jar or plastic container with air holes in the top. it's really important to have the snail in a comfy environment or it'll be more likely to die from it's injuries.
also, feed it some cucumber or some calcium rich plants. also I heard of snails being able to safely consume Rep-Cal, but i've never tried this myself. whatever you do DON'T TRY TO FIC THE SHELL.
no band aids or anything. just leave it open. it looks super tiny so usually when they're young like this their shells grow faster and he should have a much better chance of surviving,
just feed him, keep him humid and warm, and make sure he has a shit ton of calcium and he should make it. his shell doesn't look too bad to survive. Good luck to you and your new friend, anon. I hope he makes it..
>>
>>2479957
oh yeah, make sure to put a cuttlefish bone in with it.
>>
>>2479957
Thank you. Box has been set up and he has some veggies to eat. He was very excited at first and now he's chilling in a corner. Where can I get a cuttlefish bone?
>>
>>2479966
pet smart, wall mart, pet co.
Here's the one's I've been getting for years. http://www.petsmart.com/bird/grooming/nail-and-beak-trimmers/all-living-things-bird-cuttlebone-13932.html but i'm pretty sure all cuttlebones are 100% safe. They're only a dollar and I'd try cutting off a piece and crushing it up and sprinkling it on his food as well as placing it in it's house. cuttlefish bones should be in the bird isle
here's a list of snail safe foods that have a lot of calcium.
http://www.petsnails.co.uk/care/feeding.html

oh, and post pics pls.
>>
>>2479894
>be woman
>keep insects
>men are always cool with it and even interested

feels good man
>>
File: IMG_20170913_205616.jpg (1.14 MB, 1920x2560)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>2479993
Thanks
>>
>>2480248
Wha... What's he on? What kind of container is he in?
Did he eat the apple? Usually they don't care for apples.
>>
>>2480267
He is on moss, the container is glass and the thing is a plum. I gave him zucchini instead because he ignores it.

Is moss okay for him to stay on? Do they like mushrooms?
>>
>>2479821
semi slug
>>
>>2479821
I hope you're a grill because if not then your feminine personality would be really creepy
Cool snail kingdom though
>>
>>2480303
Honestly I've never tried moss I dunno.
If it helps keep everything humid and it's not toxic to snails then I guess it'd be fine, though for a broken shell dirt would probably be the best because of minerals and shit.
They can eat mushrooms but my snails never eat theirs, so no. I don't think they like them.
They love carrots and cucumbers, though.
If you're worried about him eating I'd put him on top of a cuttlefish bone first to see if he'll rasp up some calcium.
Calcium is really really important for broken shells.
>>2480308
WHAT HAPPENED
>>2480316
Thanks, anon. I worked really hard on it.
>>
>>2480390
one part snaile, one part sluge
>>
>>2479821
>tell me your secrets, mother
>tell me how to rule the world
>>
>>2480390
Not sure, but I think semi-slugs are like the missing link between snails and slugs.
>>
File: 1494541560189.png (29 KB, 741x568)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2480400
are these guys gonna evolve full shells in a few million years?
>>
>>2480519
I think they're devolving shells actually.
Which is pretty weird because I don't think slugs and snails can interbreed.
>>
>>2478565
BIGGU BOI (intersex)
>>
>>2480519
Ww3 will be fought riding fully armored battle snails
>>
good thread
>>
>>2480664
Damn right.

Anyone got interesting/cute/beautiful snail wallpapers?
>>
trio of playful water snel
>>
>>2480826
BLACKED
>>
>>2480827
PURPLED
>>
File: 1505449917517.webm (2.53 MB, 1920x1080)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>
>>2481184
poor guy has that zombie disease. :(
>>
>>2480826
Oh my goodness, that is the most adorable shit I've ever seen.

WTF are those black bands pulsating underneath it's skin?
>>
>>2481414
I'm sure you meant to quote the other post, but those green/black things are a species of Leucochloridium.
>>
>>2481184
>>2481184
>>2481184

NOPE
>>
>>2480390
Snel still not eating. I gave him some beets, spinach and lettuce but he doesn't go near it. He just hans out on the lid and poops everywhere.
>>
>>2479394
Not a problem if they're properly contained.
>>
File: yo.jpg (675 KB, 2000x1500)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
Got my achatina snel today.
Less than 2cm right now.
>>
>>2482169
Try cucumbers. But if he was already munching on the apple then he should be fine for a while. He's very small, you know.
All snails are supposed to love cucumbers and mine like raspberries are I'd try those.
There's one type of lettuce they can't eat, but I can't remember which it is.
He might just be full, though.
If he's not active for like a whole day then it's either too cold, too hot, or not humid enough.
>>
>>2482334
It's beautiful. <3
>>
>>2482334
How do you even know what species it is at that age? It's so tiny!
>>
>>2478444
Kurtz pls
>>
File: 1503666850968.jpg (35 KB, 775x549)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2478498
Snel is clearly freeing the vomit
>>
>>2482556
Because the seller knows what the parents were.

How is that even a question?
>>
>>2477532
Have you become a serial killer yet?
>>
>>2482352
Some guy smoked on snailbro :(
>>
>>2477093
In an enclosed space, buildup of snail poop is bound to occur.
>>
>snail 4 is mad at snail 3
>snail 54 is eating one lettuce
>snail 3 ate all the lettuce
>snail 76 is busy being snail
>>
>>2482957
What if you get ripped off and it's just a generic snail?
>>
>>2483312
You let the people that frequent the forums (where breeders advertise their animals) know you got ripped off and ruin the reputation of that seller. It usually doesn't happen because these are pretty small communities (I mean really, how many people keep giant snails?) so you can't get away with scummy things like that.
>>
>>2483131
No way for it to work as fertilizer? Planted snailarium?
>>
>>2481184
did he died?
>>
>>2479946
Yeah sorry it's just a euphemism for my massive cock. I do like the gastropods though
>>
>>2483131
>>2483450
Keep woodlice with your snails, never have to worry about poop again.
>>
File: snel.jpg (588 KB, 2000x1500)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>2482334
Sneil update
It ain't dead(yet)
>>
>>2483807
what a cutie
>>
>>2483807
adorbs
>>
>>2483807
Your camera has autism
>>
>>2484483
You have autism.
>>
>>2484670
Yes, but so does your camera.
>>
>>2483807
Is the snail still alive?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.