[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: g5.jpg (92 KB, 1000x498)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
VERY fast kotto running at incredibly hihg speeds edition

Copypasta:

Join the cat conversation at #mammal
http://discord.gg/3xGbBG2

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/
Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912
>>
Anyone does the raw feeding meme? How exactly are you doing it?
Elaborate on your cat's status too, please.
>>
Advice for keeping a five-month-old kitten from chewing on cords? He doesn't do it when I'm not home, so I think it's mostly to get my attention. Still, it's really frustrating and I worry I might not wake up in time (he habitually does it in the morning) before he breaks something or hurts himself. I've tried re-arranging cords behind furniture but he either does his damndest to dig it out or flat-out switches to biting the plug itself.
>>
File: IMG_20181005_005744_807.jpg (132 KB, 1280x960)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Month after birthday my 20 year old cat stopped eating ._.
She still purrs but I don't know what to do, I've given her all sorts of stuff and she just doesn't want it
Help T_T
>>
>>2833986

Its her time. 20 is like 100 years old for a cat.
>>
>>2834009
I don't want her to die a skeleton, she became twice as light as she was two weeks ago

At least eat before dying ;_;
>>
>>2833986
Dude go to the vet
>>
>>2833688
I don't do raw food, but I know a deal about nutrition and raw feeding if you have questions. Personally I don't see a nutritional benefit of raw vs cooked (yet), given that all the nutrients are provided. Obviously cooked will take longer because you'll have to cook it, and raw has a higher danger of parasites if not properly prepared. You really do have to do a deal of homework on whatever you choose to do; many raw diets are not actually complete and can't be fed long term without lasting effects, and many people that feed raw (especially ones selling a recipe) actually feed it in conjunction with a commercial food. If you go for raw, I highly suggest getting yourself a nice grinder.
So with feeding raw you have a couple of options;
>homemade raw
>homemade mixed with commercial food
>commercial raw
>prey model raw
>Whole Prey Model Raw (Very little info on this, would not suggest it personally but I think it's very interesting and would love to see more studies on it)
I've got a couple of links here, these are sites that are from veterinary nutritionists and accredited by the AMVA. I'd suggest giving them a peek through.
https://www.aavn.org/nutrition-resources/
https://www.petdiets.com/
https://secure.balanceit.com/index.php?rotator=Front
If you couldn't tell nutrition is a bit of a hobby of mine. If you have any questions hmu
>>2833951
If you are sure he only does it when you are around, you can spray with water or make a loud noise. Alternatively spray some citrus shit on there
>>2833986
Go to vet, and ask if you can supplement with pedialyte/karo syrup to help get the cat to eat (i say ask vet because it can actually cause cat to crash and die), but also try smellier foods. You can even try turkey baby food but make sure it doesn't have onions or anything else toxic to cats. Try petting her back when offering food (mother cats do this to get babies to eat).
>>
File: PeEk3nD.jpg (98 KB, 640x640)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>Had new cat for ~5 weeks
>Cat I had already finally doesn't hate his guts
>Definitely not enemies any more but not sure if I'd consider them 'friends' as of yet

Things are looking up /kot/
>>
File: 20181004_233301-2656x1494.jpg (813 KB, 2656x1494)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>2834550
Kots related
>>
File: 20181004_221211.jpg (1.34 MB, 2880x2160)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
what is wrong with this freaks face
>>
>>2834031
>>2834009
>>2834010
I went to the vet recently and she told me 10 years old is an elderly cat and to choose my next steps wisely. She basically told me to not waste money on a litany of tests because "these things happen at that age"

I had a cat live to 18 until the diabetes and senility made it too touch to watch her struggle.

Try to force water down her throat, maybe some tuna juice. My cat didn't eat for two weeks when very ill and getting a saline injection brought her back to life and normal functioning. I guess cats just wait to die when dehydrated, they're not too good at diagnosing their problems.
>>
>>2834555
That's adorable.

>>2834604
He's too cute.
>>
>>2834604
he has a black nose with white fur. typically lighter fur has pink nose. He looks like a cartoon character hehe
>>
Next time you make the copypasta, keep out the discord link. We never had discord links in the past, there is no need to keep advertising someone else's stupid off-site namefag club.
>>
>>2834426
>>2834031
Apparently she has a tumor that ruined her palate and makes her uncomfortable when eating.
Vet said she probably had an insult and is gonna die real soon...

I'll never get another pet, this is so sad
>>
>>2834625
>She basically told me to not waste money on a litany of tests because "these things happen at that age"
Wow fuck that vet. Get a second opinion.
>>
>>2835270
Why aren't you giving your her parenteral nutrition? My cat was getting IV with amino acids
>>
>>2835291
>your her
your cat*
>>
File: IMG_20181005_005645_857.jpg (107 KB, 960x1280)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>2835293
Vet said I should force feed her, but she just ate a teaspoon and a half of tuna, she was making weird sounds of trying to reach her nonexistent palate but she finished it. I honestly feel like it would be better for her if she's put to sleep
>>
>>2835297
Do it, anon. It's probably very hard for your kitty to hang on to life.
>>
>>2835297
If you can afford it, maybe you should try to get an in-home euthanasia done. Some vets offer it, so you might just have to ask around. It'll be much less stressful for her and you could have her cuddle in her favorite spot and pet her while the deed is done. She knows you loved her very much and I'm sure she'd want to be around as long as possible to be with you.
>>
File: 20180920_114814~01.jpg (2.09 MB, 3024x3024)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
floof
>>
>>2833986
>>2834009
>>2835297
>tfw when a 27yo cat died in your care

She died happy at least. 20yo is nothing.
>>
>>2833986
This picture is the most precious thing I've seen on this board.

>>2835270
>>2835297
Friend, it sounds like it might be her time. They can't stay with us forever.
>>
File: s71u5.jpg (22 KB, 599x416)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>cat on desk
>holding something with my other hand so use one hand to grab her
>accidentally throw her on the ground and she falls
AAAAAAA IM SORRY BABY I DIDNT MEAN TO
>>
>>2835514
Toxo post
>>
I bought over four types of cat trees/scratchposts. He never uses them. I move it around, spray anti-scratch (doesn't ever work) on furniture, show him how to scratch it, but he just refuses to use it. Instead, he scratches my couch. I tried buying every type of material but he just refuses to use them. What do I do to make him stop messing up my couch? I really don't want to declaw him, since cats practically need claws.

If it helps, he only plays with rope and strings. He licks feathers(????) and ignores mouse toys.
>>
>>2835726
My cats like pic related. I also have a few of the kind that just lie flat on the floor.
If furniture scratching continues, trimming your cat's front claws with nail clippers is always an option.
>>
File: 1533279925146.jpg (31 KB, 572x720)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>had a dream where I had a bunch of cats that shit everywhere and I somehow ended up eating their shit
What the fuck does this mean
>>
>>2835838
>This is your brain on Toxoplasmosis.
>>
>>2835848
>toxoposting in 2004+14
>>
>>2835726
A couple of things:

First off, like the other anon alluded to, you should try getting scratch pads of various orientations. I noticed you said you got him trees/posts, which I presume are all of a vertical orientation. Some cats don't really like scratching that way, some prefer to rend shit horizontally or at an incline. My cat, for example, doesn't really give a fuck about about the posts I got him, but he took right to a corrugated cardboard scratch pad that sits flat on the floor. By the way, you should make sure that whatever you get him is as rock solid as possible, especially if it's a scratching post--if it tilts at all, they won't like it. Other than that, try sprinkling some catnip on the scratch pads to encourage him to use them, and place them near problem areas (like your couch) so he is inclined to use the nicer alternative.

And, lastly, trim his claws. That will make a huge difference, and if you don't want to do it yourself, a lot of pet stores have groomers that come in that will do it for really cheap. If you REALLY can't solve the scratching problem, then the last thing you could consider looking into are claw caps.
>>
>>2833986
Are these human tuna cans?
I know Кaждый дeнь has a canned cat food line but I'm sure it's not really good
>>
>>2835297
Anon your cat doesn't look like your cat is going to die
It looks very lively for 20 years
Any way to deal with the tumor?
From what I get you're Russian, go to biocontrol.ru/forum, you can make a thread there. It's probably the only pet cancer specializing hospital in Russia. Oncologists there will give you advice for free. They're actually publishing research papers and whatnot.
They're a very good clinic, pricey I guess but one of the best, if not the best in that regard in Russia. Located in Moscow
>>
>>2834426

A different guy, but i have questions about cat food. I have a 6 year old female and got two kittens (3 months old) recently. they're doing fine, but feeding them wet food from the store is expensive. im trying to make my own

all the recepies online have like meat grinders and all this shit i need to buy to cook the food. i would prefer to get everything at the store instead of going to farmers and buying hearts and gizzards and testicles and shit

im trying to keep this relatively cheap and simple

is their any wet cat food recepie you could provide me thats not a total clusterfuck

basically you take chicken thighs, bones and all, but how do you get calcium and taurine, buying supplements seems sketchy. wat do
>>
>>2835965
Its "human" one. Its decent.
>>2835977
Thanks for advice, I'll look into that.
Local vet said that operating is more harm than good, and its not even confirmed cancer.

Actually she felt better today, meowed a bit, ate a lot, but still slept for like 90% of the day.

Thanks for support.
>>
>>2835985
Buying supplements is sketchy because their quality and dose is not regulated, you can end up having an excess or deficiency. Taurine is found in muscles meats and organs, so they will need some of that at minimum. You can get more calcium from crushed egg shells (I leave them out to dry first then crush them to a powder) but the crushed bones should be providing ample calcium. Vitamin A should be a concern because cats need a preformed version of Vit A. Unfortunately home made raw, simple and cheap don't really go hand in hand, pic related. You can, however, get the unusual parts of animals from chink grocery stores for fairly cheap.
>is their any wet cat food recepie you could provide me thats not a total clusterfuck
Do you mean wet commercial recipe, or home made raw recipe?
>>
File: 1520387218031.jpg (9 KB, 261x186)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2833651
>discord
>>
>>2835986
Well the only way to confirm cancer is to get a biopsy
>>
females of /kot/ would you ever breastfeed a kitten?
>>
>>2833986
go to vet and get an x ray and or ultrasound. does she poop? make sure she's not constipated. does she yowl at night? she could be in pain, maybe pancreatitis? does she vomit? is she drinking? is she drinking a lot? is she dehydrated?

anyway the big 2 0, you made it anon, it's time to start planning what you'll do, look up at home euthanasia before you have to make the call, you can even call the doctors before hand to get a feel for if they're crazy or not
>>
>>2836052
and just to be clear, I meant euthanasia for when she gets irreparably sick, not just because she's old. Nobody dies of old age, old age just increases the chances of something going wrong
>>
Should I get a cat?

>live in apartment
>make about $1400 a month, COL is probably $1100
>incredibly lonely
>unclear future living arrangements after grad school (4/5 years from now)
>parents are okay with me bringing it home during visits, but if I have to move back in it'd have to go to sister or friend
>>
>>2833688
I feed my cat raw chicken breast as her primary food. I do give her some dry food to supplement, mainly at night or anytime food needs to be left out.

She loves it and is happy and healthy. She sheds less, her poop is near odorless, and I will keep it up.
>>
My cat loves soft blankets but how does he even know what soft things feel like? He’s covered in fur and his paw pads are tough.
>>
>kot meows like a maniac at door to be let in
>i get up and let him in
>he jumps on my bed, kneads it for a few seconds, then leaves my room and doesn't come back for the rest of the night
you little nigger stop doing that
>>
>>2834555

Look at these bois, those are some good fuckin bois right there. I want another cat so badly. I still miss you GiGi, you will always be in my heart.
>>
I can't right now, but I don't think I'd ever want to keep a cat locked up in an apartment for their whole life anymore, even if I wanted one. Am I being too sensitive?
>>
>>2836332
>Am I being too sensitive?
Yes, and/or lazy. There are hundreds of ways to keep a cat stimulated and happy indoors.
>>
>>2836332
No. Cats are meant to roam free. My cats died when they were 20 and it had never crossed my mind to keep them locked up. It's inhumane to make a cat breathe the same air all its life.
>>
>>2836124
Cats will not make you feel less lonely. Meaningful relationships will solve that.

With your income I don't think you should, though. You live too closely paycheck to paycheck.
>>
File: 20180922_124657.jpg (1.91 MB, 4608x3456)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>2835385
That looks like my cotta
>>
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HXnPe-RE8
>>
>>2836196
I've had the same thought
>>
>>2836450
I don't know. I felt a lot less lonely when I came home to two buddies of mine waiting to hang out with me.
>>
I miss my cat
>>
>>2834555
They look like they need some fancy ancient bongs.
>>
File: Mason3.jpg (1.47 MB, 2448x3264)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Mom said it's my turn on the xbox
>>
>>2836450
Cats definitely make me feel less lonely. There is nothing like a cat rubbing up against you and taking a snooze in the middle of the night. Beats being alone for sure
>>
>>2836026

im trying to buy a bunch of ingredients that are healthy, meat, whatever the fuck, and combine it into my own homemade cat food thats healthy for them and feed them that
>>
>>2835469
>Friend, it sounds like it might be her time. They can't stay with us forever.

Not with that fucking attitude. With science we may engineer their DNA to have longer healthier lifespans.
No, you know what, fuck cats - where my catgirls at science?!
>>
Help /kot/: our 5.5mo kitten is meowing a lot and we also found some blood on his toys today. Really small line marks. And hes a balinese so he's always been vocal like a meezer. Is this normal kitten teething stuff or should we take him to the vet? He went 1 week ago basically for consecutive days of soft stools and we were told it was stress colitis but I dont think the vet checked his mouth at the time really
>>
>search for new cat
>gf finds siamese kitten online
>nah siamese look and act like bitches
>and they are loud af
>get a normal kitty instead
>kot looks a bit crazy cuz of huge eyes
>has a kinked tail
>after a week she began to talk to me
>she watches TV and talk
>follows me everywhere
>everyday she talks louder
>screams sometimes now
>brings me toys
>ask previous owner if the father was a normal cat
>her daddy is a siam tehe didn't I told you?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are siamese good boys and girls?
>>
>>2837114
Do you have a diet plan so far? I could tell you what you may be lacking or might see an excess/deficiency of. If you're lost on where to start the links I provided earlier give you an easy way to create a balanced diet with what you have/want to use, and has been accredited by vets specialized in nutrition. If nothing else it can give you a jump start on your diet. Cats hate change so I would say find one thing that is balanced and stick with it. It could also cause GI upset. Speaking of, you will want to slowly switch to the raw food. I'd suggest mixing the commercial with some bits of raw until your cat is only eating raw. You won't have to worry too much about vitamin/mineral balance during this because the commercial food will keep your cat covered for the most part. As you start with the raw diet though it is important the cat eats everything, or else it could end up having a deficiency. Also, though not as important as the nutrients, you have to keep in mind the kcal of what you're feeding. It's going to be harder because you'll have to calculate the kcal based on what you're feeding and in what amount. Your younger kitten is going to need a lot more protein than your older cat. Also as far as calories go, it will vary greatly on many factors. Your cat's resting daily kcal requirements is- (Weight in kg * 30) +70. Don't go under that unless you want them to lose weight.
>>
>>2837220
they are best cats
>>
File: 1535390900828.gif (1.28 MB, 1000x1000)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB GIF
>>2837220
>after a week she began to talk to me

>the cat
>began to talk to you
>>
>>2836196
Nobody knows?
>>
File: Cat.jpg (391 KB, 800x1066)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
My cat is too fucking clingy. I want to throw her outside, but i don't believe she has the survival skills to last a minute beyond my fence. literally every moment, I'm home she spends trying to get in my lap. The only thing to sate this is putting an extra chair next to mine to let her sit next to me, but only half the time that works. How do I make her fuck off?
>>
>>2837471
Get a compadre kot
>>
>>2836670
Who doesn't.
>>
>>2837476
The last cat I had just bullied her until my brother moved away with it.
>>
>>2837471
Why do you even have a pet?
>>
>>2837517
I live with my family and my mom got it from my grandma, since my grandma didn't want her, because after the cat arrived at my grandma's house, she kept knocking everything onto the floor because the cat's a retarded clutz. If my grandma returned her to the pound this would have been the fourth or fifth time she was returned and would likely never find a home after that. So my mom committed it to live with us, and my sister-in-law also wants to keep it here despite never spending more than five minutes in the house.

I'm already accepting the fact that I have to wait for it to die in ten or so years. I just want the cat to stop being such a fucking headpat slut.
>>
>>2837534
So it's your mom's cat. Got it. Here's hoping you develop some empathy eventually.
>>
>>2837550
>empathy
It gets food, water, and attention (entirely from me). It's hardly starved of anything.
>>
File: IMG_20181004_172126.jpg (3.3 MB, 3036x4048)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
Can I figure out how big my five month old kitten will get? I'm thinking of getting a big cat tree but all the reviews in my price range tend to say they're no good for big cats. I don't want to drop a lot of money on something he'll outgrow.
>>
>>2837471
Get her a heated bed. I honestly don't see a problem here, though, unless she's attacking you if you move her off of your lap.
>>
>>2837570
>she's attacking you
She's stupid and clumsy so she always has he claws out when she makes a jump or walks on my lap.
>Heated bed
Good idea. That should calm her down when i'm not in the room and give her a place to settle down that's not right next to me. Thank you.
>>
>>2837579
If her claws are too long, you need to either provide more scratching surfaces or trim her claws. You're blaming the cat for something you've failed to provide.
>>
>>2837604
I've had other cats that don't rip into my crotch everytime they want to sit on my lap and she scratches up my chair all the time, which I'm fine with. Though it has been a while since her claws have been trimmed. I'll do that, but I still don't like cats on my lap all the time.
>>
>>2837608
Your chair fabric might not offer enough resistance for her to wear her claws down on; try a cardboard or rope scratcher. I had a cat who loved scratching up an old TV speaker, but he shredded the fabric like paper so it didn't do much to help maintain his claws.
>>
>>2837562
Well just wait and see then :^)
>>
>>2837562
do you know his parentage?

>>2837534
keep looking for someone else to give it away to (a person not a shelter). there are people who would love a dumb affectionate cat

>>2836670
i miss my cat too

>>2836450
i loved my cat with all my heart
>>
File: IMG_20181004_192511.jpg (3.5 MB, 4048x3036)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>2837766
Nope, mystery history. Got him from a shelter. My only clue is that he's got ear tufts like Maine Coons and big paws.
>>
File: IMG_0062 small.jpg (421 KB, 1071x800)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>2837820
I actually was going to guess part Maine Coon from the same things. My MC/Ragdoll mixes were 18 and 16 lbs.
>>
How does cat friendship happen? I went to check on my cat and he and the neighboor's cat were sitting one metter appart staring at each other... is that how cats become friends or are they challenging each other?
>>
File: 20160123_114028.jpg (575 KB, 1890x1063)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>2837859
Close cat looks just like mine actually. Nearly identical. Is their fur silky smooth and soft too? I have a maine coon/rag doll mix also but only ~12 pounds and fat according to the vet
>>
File: 20181004_233301.jpg (362 KB, 1890x1063)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>2837900
I acquired a new kot about 6 weeks ago. Resident cat absolutely hated the new guy for the first 2 or 3 weeks. He's just over 1 year old so still very playful compared to about 3 years for resident cat. I wouldn't say they are friends yet but definitely no longer enemies. They still chase each other in what looks like "fuck off my space" fights but definitely not what it used to be. Just takes time for them to sort it out I guess
>>
File: MVIMG_20181007_230801.jpg (2.11 MB, 2048x1536)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>2837900
This took about 18 months to happen. One is always mothering the other and they're never apart. Sharing a single plate at feeding time and brushing them in each other's presence helped get the trust and mutual grooming started. They're girls and were taken in as kittens so I can't say how long it takes adult males to become friendly with each other.
>>
File: IMG_20180930_150010.jpg (3.67 MB, 4048x3036)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>>2837859
Did they start off short-haired? He's super-soft but only his tail is long-haired.
>>
File: 1451849868490.jpg (18 KB, 600x238)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>do things
>stop for two seconds
>start crying
oh my god I miss him so fucking much
>>
>>2838081
Lots of cats out there need love, anon. A hungry stray won't care that she's your rebound kitty, and might help you appreciate your old boy's life from a different angle.
>>
File: 1536080679727.gif (255 KB, 326x326)
255 KB
255 KB GIF
>>2838081
Are you the anon with the 20 year old kot?
>>
>>2837471

I will gladly adopt that cat from you. She looks just like my own. I live in North East USA. You?
>>
>>2837296

thanks for the help so far. i've done a ton of research online and read what you posted too. some stuff is kinda contradictory but im trying to work through it.

i was thinking of combining chicken, some organs (don't want to deal with that but i guess i could call some local farmers since i live in a rural north east area) eggs, maybe ground up egg shells for calcium. i dont know how to include bones since i dont have a meat grinder. i might not do that and use something else instead. with 3 cats though i want to try and make a container of it and keep it in the fridge and take their food out to feed them. so i was thinking some sort of mixture where all the raw food gets combined into some juicy soupy thing. i know moisture is very important too.

ingredients:
chicken
organs (need to call farmers to verify what they have)
should i include eggs & egg shells?
water for moisture?
bit of salt for flavor?

i know veggies and carbs are not really digestable for cats and not in their diet. ideally you want to keep them eating mice and shit and things they would catch from hunting. so eggs and chicken with moisture and some flavoring and organs seems ok. should i just get a blender specific for cat mulching? should i add stuff?

>>2837296
is a good image but i guess i would need to scale out the chicken and organs to weigh them and make sure it was the precise amount. im also a bit worried of how to include bones.

i read another thing that says cats like warm food, because it feels like it was alive and just died. when i fry chicken for myself ill sometimes give my cats a bit of it, and they fucking love it. so i was thinking if i had it frozen or in the fridge would they still like the coldness of it? should i heat it up in the microwave somehow for a lil bit of warm soup?

i know its a lot of questions but thanks a ton. if i can make a healthy mixture i would love to try and help others too. thank you my friend, i feel bad giving my cats store bought
>>
File: IMG_20161106_152125102.jpg (360 KB, 1248x702)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>2838127
No strays I'm aware of around here but I'm thinking about picking up one or two cuddly adult cats who just want to be loved from a shelter. I just need to get myself together a bit first.
>>2838164
No he was only 7.
>>
File: cattos.jpg (502 KB, 1224x1632)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
all these good kots in this thread made me want to post my own. thats pip in the back with his sister squeak in the front. tonkinese are 10/10 lap cats, would cuddle again.
>>
File: Cat 2.jpg (272 KB, 700x933)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>2838169
I apologize. I was posting angry. I do not completely despise the cat, but rather am uncharmed by her usual antics and constant need for attention. I have moments though where i admit she's cute and very lovable. It was just that I was just angry because she stepped on my balls three separate times this morning and climbed up my shirt with her claws out when I bent over to pick up trash and immediately after she kept this constant begging to climb in my lap or be pet at every moment through the day.
>>
>That feel when my brother's white trash ex wife got a kitten for my niece and is going to get it declawed like their others.

>Having other people berate me for not declawing my own cat.

Fuck you, learn to trim their nails.
>>
>>2838216

TELL THEM that declawing is PAINFUL AND INHUMANE. argue with them and shit talk them back you fucking pussy

>>2838194

i have a cat that same color. but she wont let me pick her up except once in a while. she never wants to be held. so i am a little jealous that yours is such a love bug. i would rather have a cat that demands too much love over a cat that wont be comfy

>>2838188
they have cool eyes
>>
>>2836989
>>
File: 20150301_103444 small.jpg (305 KB, 805x589)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>2838045
You have a pretty cat. My orange guy had thicker hairs but was still soft. The grey had very fine hairs and was silky. They were brothers from the same litter.

>>2838074
I don't actually know. I met them when my mom got them as small kittens. I'd already moved out and later I adopted them for my own.
>>
>>2838081
iktf.epub
>>
File: Sleeping cat.jpg (130 KB, 700x1244)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2838231
>i would rather have a cat that demands too much love over a cat that wont be comfy
I guess your right. At least she wants to be loved, rather than be a prick.
You know what, thanks. Never really looked at it like that, but she is actually fantastic in that department. I'd say being cute is her only survival skills, but I guess she is making it work.
She meows on command to any verbal prompting (exclusively to me), sleeps next to or on me at night and morning, and likes it when you pet her belly.
>>
>>2838324
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>2837820
Bruh careful with that bell
>>
>>2838181
>some stuff is kinda contradictory
That's why it's so important to read stuff that the AMVA recommends by vet nutritionists. There is still a lot of research and new findings being made with animal food, so some vets disagree with each other and some old information may be outdated. There are so many sites out there with recipes, but I sort of cringe away when I see spelling or grammar errors, or they suggest something I think is dangerous without explaining why it's dangerous or precautions to take, or neglect to tell people what they should look out for in certain foods, etc. I don't always have the time to look through someone's recipe and see if it meets requirements for life.
I hate to be the stickler but you will probably need some grinded bones to meet the calcium requirements. Your calcium to phosphorus ratio should be a 1:1 to 1.5:1 ratio, I'm unsure if eggs will be able to get you there but you could always check (you may need a ton of egg shells!) I would highly suggest a grinder not just for the bones but to mash up everything in equal proportions. That way if your cat gets full too early, it's not missing vital nutrients. So you'll have to keep in mind satiety too to make sure your cat eats all it needs to eat. It's also a lot easier to transition cats to grinded diets. I would not suggest over the counter supplements as these are unregulated and their quality goes unchecked, and cats are very different from most animals in that some vitamins they can not process unless in their pre-formed versions. I'd also be worried in fat-soluble vitamins being in excess as well. I know 100% meat diets are all the rage right now, but they make stool formation very difficult. I recommend making a binder of the foods you want to feed, what percent of nutrients they will provide (DMB should meet AAFCO requirements), try to balance it from there and also have a list of symptoms and deficiencies so you can quickly recognize and fix any issues in the diet.
>>
File: Drinking weej.jpg (1.46 MB, 1564x1889)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>2838081
Get another cat to be happy with.
>>
File: IMG_20181009_200716.jpg (256 KB, 1578x2357)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
im laying in bed after excruciating hours of hospital because i tried hanging myself but the curtain pole fell (long story, sorry for blogpost) then i see this

i know realistically scientifically biologically she probably doesn't give a shit and just saw a comfy spot to nap on. but when i saw this, everything dawned on me and the tears won't stop flowing. because of many thoughts, many feelings, but most importantly, damn, i love my cat so much.

when i arrived home she curled up beside me and started purring as well. like i said, she probably just wanted a warm comfy spot. but to me that meant so much i cannot put into words.

i dont know. some argue cats care about you and can sense when you're not ok. others say cats just care about themselves and we're fooling ourselves.

but i love my kot. and i know, it dawned on me, i am destined to become the grave full-on stereotype of crazy psycho cat lady.
>>
File: IMG_20181007_140444_313.jpg (1.67 MB, 3024x3024)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
Had to go away for the weekend and missed my cat so much but I had a relative stay home the whole weekend but still.
>>
>>2838733
Stay strong my man, you don't want to leave your kot alone now would you?
>>
>>2838733
The first time I cut I cried myself to sleep and woke up with the kot curled against my chest. They know.
>>
File: IMG_20180902_212921.jpg (935 KB, 3121x2361)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>2838765
thanks. i think the waterfalls started pouring because of that thought. how did i not even think about my kot? how did i think, "even my kot hates me, she doesn't need me"?

>>2838799
i don't know what's true what isn't. but i feel their love.

also update: 24h doctors service came to my house and kot started flirting with the male doc assistant... she's usually scared (but curious watching from afar) of strangers yet today she just went straight to the guy and started sniffing him and rubbing against him... flirty gal, i see how it is
>>
File: IMG_20180608_053939.jpg (752 KB, 2560x1920)
752 KB
752 KB JPG
>>2838733
P.S. addendum, sorry for off topic blog post again bros

i waited 10 hours in the er to see a psych to evaluate my symptoms/damage and instead in 2mins he just told me to fuck off into mental hospital confinement against my will and told me to fuck off and the van's already arriving.

sitting down waiting for the van my immediate thought that made me start bawling (aside from the fact mental hospitals are concentration camps that strip you of all your rights and im basically going to prison) was my kot. i started bawling out loud with my ol man beside me, "my cat, my cat, what about my cat".

my kot is my therapy.

sry for whiny melodramatic blog post anons. i dont know whatll ill do without her.
love your kots anons, good night
>>
>>2837188
It's normal for kittens to start losing their baby teeth at 6-7 months old. My cat bleed from the gums before losing his baby teeth. Take him to the vet if you're really worried.
>>
>>2838888
That is really tough anon
Stay strong.. I hope you'll reunite with your kot soon
>>
>>2838898
oh naw man idk if i mentioned it already (brain damage?) but i was able to sign myself off against medical advice or w/e that legal shit is, it's in my country's rights afaik. im home. with my kot.
>>
File: ezgif-4-8b3fadc8ebbf.gif (3.14 MB, 480x360)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB GIF
>>2838735
Tabby point siamese moggies are my very favorite phenotype.
>>
File: 20181009_165757.jpg (3.64 MB, 4032x3024)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB JPG
>>2835385
>trying to study? not if I can help it
>>
>>2838183
I know that feel man, We had a cat that was 2 years old, and then died shortly after she turned 3, even if we did have 2 other cats, shit hurt me a lot since she was my only friend I had at the time, though thankfully one of the other cats gained sympathy for me
>>
>>2836989
*hisses*
>>
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (666 KB, 5344x3006)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>just called my cat kitty because it sounded autistic as fuck calling for Ike
>he only responds to kitty
>gonna be weird as fuck if I get a second cat
He is a cutie though
>>
>>2839259
>My cat responds to "Asshole"
>>
>>2837556
>shits on the cat because its being affectionate
>'lol im empathetic because i give it food and water'
????
>>
>>2839259
my cat only responds to 'stinky' and 'dumdum'
>>
>>2839259
Ike is a cool name, good job ruining your own previous good decision.
I call my cat by his name with a straight face and he responds to it and if a neighboor thinks is autistic or whatever then that's his problem.
>>
File: 1478005449922.jpg (59 KB, 560x564)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
4 year old ginger boy is not eating, has terrible breath, is very skinny, lethargic all the time.

it's over isn't it. it's over. he was so young and i loved him so much
>>
>>2839450
GO TO THE VET!
>>
>>2839450
It's time ... To see a vet
>>
>Cat doing noises as usual
>Check on him and he's playing with a cube I left around, didn't see any potential for harm so I left him
>Minutes later I listen to eating noises
>Turn around and look at figure where my cat's food is
>Wait a second... that's too big to be my cat
>Look below, cat is sitting in front of me
>What the fuck?
>Turn on lights
>Neighboor's dog is eating my cat's food

Ok it was my mistake to leave the door open but why didn't the cat make any noise? The dog is cool and I sometimes pet him when I meet him on the street but my cat didn't seem to like him, also I suspect that the noise he made with the cube was to distract me when the dog was invading my home.

What the actual fuck was that? Maybe the dog invaded on his own and the cat just didn't know what to do but I highly doubt that, the cat usually jumps on me when he's scared or at the very least runs to the high ground, that's also historically he hisses and/or runs to hide behind me when he sees the dog.
>>
What to do with a kitten that refuses to eat cat food and only goes for the mother's tit? He's a month and like one and a half weeks old.
I wanted to take him, but I can't take both. Should I just wait a couple more weeks until he'll be weaned by his mother naturally and then take him? I remember my first cat by this age was already eating whole fishes and whatnot.
What food can be used to start transitioning? Youghurt without sugar and additives would be good, right?
>>
>>2839259
>get a cat
>wife and I dont really name him, nothing really suits, he's just the cat
>get another cat
>now have cat and second cat
>>
>>2836196
Touch a blanket to the top of your head, then touch a brick to the top of your head. How do you tell the difference when its covered with hair?
>>
>>2839471
How did a dog break into your house
>>
>>2839574
Kittens shouldn't be separated from their mothers until they're at least 8 weeks old. They get fucked up socially otherwise.
>>
>>2839471
you're overthinking this.

>>2839583
that's hilarious

>>2839259
i called my cats several different names including Cat and Kitty because it doesn't really matter
>>
>>2839611
Thing is, it's not too safe at that place. So the sooner the better.
At 7-8 weeks he'll be active as fuck and probably will try to explore surroundings of the hideout place, which is very unsafe. Machinery, stray dogs there etc
>>
>>2839574
Pic of the kitten
Sorry for quality
>>
How do I make sure my cat is mentally sane got him with the place walk him for ~30 minutes every day give him attention throughout the day (mostly petting and games, some playfighting) totaling maybe 30 minutes, I fucking hate owning pets, I feel guilty not giving the faggot enough attention, I'm tired of thinking up new games for him
>>
>>2839668
If he's visibly content and doesn't attack you much he should be fine.
>>
>>2839674
he seems content to my human eye but it's probably bullshit and he is probably going crazy with boredom sitting in an apartment all by himself for 8 hours
>>
I'm going to cry now I think
Fuck having pets I never asked for this
>>
>>2839678
Not necessarily.
If he's an adult, he probably sleeps through that time.
>>
We're all cats
Stuck in civilization
Too scared to roam free
I wish aliens abducted me and gradually taught me how to be free like our hunter gatherer ancestors
>>
File: DSC00323.jpg (339 KB, 1600x1200)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>2839680
Our kots are playing together in cat heaven now
>>
>>2839668
Get him a cat bro.
>>
File: IMG_20181010_152425.jpg (3.06 MB, 4048x3036)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
Alright, Maine Coon owners, lay it on me: how the fuck do I keep a fluffy kot's belly/hind legs free of shit? Cooper here just got his first bath after I trimmed most of a turd off him but he'd already smeared it a bit. How to avoid this?

Not the first cat I've bathed, but boy did he not enjoy it.
>>
File: IMG_20181010_100153_582.jpg (2.77 MB, 3024x3780)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
Kitten jumped onto the stove while it was on just now (back was turned, stove on low thankfully), he didnt make it all the way on but scampered away and was licking his paw. Now hes running around like normal and we dont see any blisters yet. Anything we can do for him?
>>
>>2839796
If he's running around like normal he's probably fine. You said he didn't make it all the way to the burner itself? He may have just felt the hotter metal around the burner and barely singed himself enough to feel it but not enough to melt flesh. Try to examine his paw again in an hour or so. If there's still no blistering he's fine.
>>
>>2839800
Thanks m8. If we do see any sign of burn or blistering is the er vet the way to go?

Goddamn do I hate these flat top electric stoves
>>
>>2839796
this cat is fucking adorable
>>
>>2839810
I'd say you might not need the ER but it depends on your area--there's a lot of walk-in clinics near me so I don't normally need the ER unless something happens in the middle of the night or a long weekend. If you get same-day appointments with your normal vet that should be fine, if you have to schedule days ahead of time that's not. But burns can get infected very easily so I'd recommend you see a professional if it starts blistering, yeah.
>>
File: 20181006_150639.jpg (2.76 MB, 5312x2988)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
Any advice on a good carrier? I got this hard one for free but I'm worried she hates it

That backpack carrier seems memey but if it's good then it's good, I figure. The softshell ones run cheap so I'm worried they're inherently worse
>>
>>2834604
It's Australian
>>
>>2839910
What do you need it for? That looks pretty adequate for short transportation. The soft-sided ones are best for plane trips and stuff. She's never gonna love the carrier, so whatever gets the job done safely and securely is fine. Try lining it with a favorite blanket.

The backpack carriers...don't have personal experience, but from what I've heard they're pretty small and not comfortable. You'd probably have to train her to use it.
>>
>>2839910
Mine has a door on the top as well as the standard front latch door. Seems fine
>>
>make pizza
>cat keeps trying to get a sniff and taste

Fuck off you little shit this is mine
>>
Is it a good idea to find a friend for my cat?
I can see he wants to catch my attention a lot, he follows me everywhere and brings his toy to me so I can play fetch with him.
I don't have that much time now and I feel like he would get depressed with time like this.

My brother did pair up a cat with his first cat, but it went bad, because he got depressed over the newly adopted cat...somehow...

So my question is, if I ever adopt a second cat, is there a way to make sure they go along?
If not I won't risk it.
>>
>>2840070
Keep new cat locked in a room for 3 or 4 days. Then put new cat in a different room and let your current cat explore the area on her own. Probably will hiss and not like it at all. Very slow introduction including supervised visits initially. I did this when I had a week off of work. I'm about 7 weeks in now I think and the aggression has stopped between them but still far from friends. More like acquaintances
>>
File: Y1hEiec.jpg (93 KB, 960x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Bros, today sucked. After 15 years my old girl was finally put to sleep. She was diabetic for the last three years and ultimately had to let her go due to a rapid onset of kidney disease. Vet told me beforehand there's also the option of going through numerous treatments/procedures but the costs would be high. As it is, bringing her in today it's almost like she was fading away before the euthanasia even took place.

I fuckin' miss my friend already.

>>2836670
>>2838081
:(((
>>
>got a call from my mom that my cat had a seizure, and she couldn't really move her back legs, so she made the decision to put her down
Life comes at you fast, guys. She lived a good long life though. I wish I could have just said good bye, but I guess she was just suffering. She had dementia, and she lived almost 19 years I believe. Was my best friend until I moved out, super sweet even if she was super timid.

Probably the biggest hell of moving out is leaving your pets. Hope all of you experiencing troubles get through it all. Just wanted to vent for a moment.
>>
File: KrOBMyr.jpg (55 KB, 960x932)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2840102
Samefagging myself but basically when I mean 'rapid' it was one week she had trouble walking, and within the next she could hardly walk at all and didn't make much attempt to eat food or make it to her litter box.

>>2840103
Sorry to hear that, but in the end she lived a long and hopefully happy life. Have you thought about adopting since you've moved out?
>>
>>2839650
qtkt

>>2839680
>>2840102
iktf. two months ago was the most i've ever cried.

>>2839684
agriculture was our downfall

>>2839785
i used clippers a lot. but also maybe he sucks at taking a dump

>>2840070
there's no way to make sure. most of them seem to chill out eventually but it can take months and months.
>>
File: 1461282946937.jpg (111 KB, 625x720)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>take in stray
>worried about him dashing out the door, constantly stressed about it
>put up an accordion style door to act as a second barrier
>works really well for a few weeks, huge weight off my shoulders
>fast forward to now
>it storms and my shitty fire alarm goes off
>he absolutely spergs out, runs over to the accordion door, jams his head against it, digs his claws into the ground, and brute forces it open in a manic fit
>now he knows how to open it and even if i block it and he'll just shred the fuck out of the carpet or try to force it open with retard strength until it breaks

Man, dealing with this niglet is so stressful.

If he wasn't such a nice and loving kot I would have just let him back outside already. At this point I'm wondering whether or not I should rehome him to a place where he can spend his life at least partially outside without having to worry about the misery of the city.
>>
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 1536x2048)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>2840062
Kots are beings of great avarice
>>
>>2833986
How cute
>>
Is it dangerous to let cats play with hair ties if they don't seem to eat them? One of mine is obsessed with hitting it around and carrying it.
>>
File: 20180924_105253.jpg (3.73 MB, 4128x2322)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB JPG
Does purr intensity signify anything? The black one purrs like a fucking diesel engine. Loud as shit.
>>
>>2837220
Fact: Siamese are the most powerful breed in the world.
>He meows so loud and meows for everything
>Despises every other fucking cat he meets with
>He acts like fucking royalty all the time
>Mice fear the Siamese
>I still love this fucking cat so much I cried like a bitch for 2 months when he got lost
All cats regardless of breed have their own personality in my opinion. Maybe you got a good boy or an absolute fucking demon but I'm thinking you're already on the course of loving that kot regardless
>>
File: 1525618174888.jpg (60 KB, 697x512)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>
>>2840372
Might indicate pain
>>
File: 20180925_075836.jpg (915 KB, 2560x1440)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
So, I got this kitten when she was around 7 weeks old. For some reason, she's scared of everybody but me. How do I get her to be more comfy around other humans?

Pic is her
>>
>>2840372
>>2840453
might be nothing

>>2840536
have someone else give her a cat treat
>>
File: 1538976935610.jpg (97 KB, 1020x608)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2840180
>Adopted a black cat
You knew what you were getting into
>>
>>2840376
Sorry about your kot bro.

Yeah, she is amazing. I have to love her, I have no choice.
I just realized how dumb my other cat is because of her. I want to rename them to Pinky and the Brain.
>>
>>2840536
Have people over. Don't pick kot up and shove them in another persons face. You can hold and pet while they are in the room. Slow introductions
>>
My 2.5yo cat just threw up some bright yellow somewhat foamy liquid. This has never happened before (he's puked in the past but it always just looked like puke/hairballs). He hasn't eaten anything unusual today and his behavior is normal. Do I need to book a vet visit asap?
>>
>>2839785
I have a ragdoll not a maine coon but I honestly just cut off all the hair that has poop on it. It may not look professional groomer level but I don't really care, it's the quickest and easiest method I've found and it doubles as a preventative measure until the hair grows back.
>>
>>2840692
>equating black cats to black people
That's just offensive towards cats. Black cats are cute little things and won't rob or stab you.
>>
>>2833651
Hello, /an/, I could use some advice. More of a personal question I guess, but whatever.

I recently took in a stray kot and really fell in love with him. I'm soon, however, going to be in a position where I won't be able to keep him for a long time. My mom wants to keep him, but she's almost never home and has very little time when she is home, so I'm worried she won't be able to spend any time with him.

He also seems to get anxious pretty easily and she'd pretty much never be home to deal with that. He's a bit of a handful, and I'm not sure she'd be able to deal with that either. It would probably be hard for her to be attentive to his needs in general.

The other problem is that, given that he came from the outside, he's really active throughout much of the day and wants to play/have attention constantly. He only seems to be entertained when I'm actively playing with him and seems bored as fuck throughout the rest of the day. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to letting him back outside were it not for the fact that I live in a pretty congested city, and I'm pretty sure my neighbors would try to kill him.

I have a relative in a rural area willing to take him in, who has had cats her whole life. Do you guys think a second cat might suffice to keep him company, and keep him engaged? Or should I let my relative have him? I love this little fucker so much, but he came at the worst time. I just want him to be happy.
>>
>>2840928
Oh, and I forgot to mention that said relative also has a cat and has been looking for another. So, he'd definitely have a buddy.
>>
>>2840932
I'd wager passing the cat along to the relative would be the most beneficial thing
>>
>>2836332
I have a 14yr old cat that actually hates being outside. I've tried taking her out on a harness several times throughout her entire life, and she still hates it to this day. So apartment living doesn't bother her at all.
>>
What are the chances for a cat missing for nine days out in rural Connecticut? It's not my cat, but a close family member's, and I don't know the right amount of support to give them since I'm not from the area.
>>
>>2840750
That's pretty normal. It usually means they've been eating too much green stuff, in my experience.
>>
>>2840536
I’m in the same boat as you bud. This girl’s mom died when she was four weeks old and she’s the same way.
>>
>>2839796
Just keep an eye on the feet. My kot did the same thing with a glass top stove. She chewed all her claws, on the burned paw, to bloody stumps from the pain. I got her into a vet asap & got her taken care of. So I think your kot is probably ok, but just keep an eye on it.
>>
>>2841085
>on a harness
there's your problem dumbass.
>>
Should I give up on my new cat? She hates being around my other 2 cats, she attacks them out of nowhere, and she peed on my chair. I did everything you're supposed to when introducing a new cat. She's been here for 2 months now with no sign of improvement.
>>
>>2840536
I have a cat like that, it's because she left her family too young. I just let her calmly leave the room if she wants to. She's fine with people that come over often now, like my sister and bff, but she still gets stressed around strangers.
>>
>>2841211
You can try to be dominant. Break up fights before it escalates. In the beggining I also shouted at my cats whenever they misbehaved. That dissuaded them from acting out anything that displeased me.
>>
>>2841230
They've never had a fight that escalated. The new cat mostly just growls at other cats, and attacks them randomly about twice a week, but the other cats dgaf about the new cat and walk away from it.
>>
So I got the >>2839574 kitten in, my fears have been confirmed — the only way to make a little guy eat is from the syringe. It's watered down yogurt.
He knows how to lap up water though
>>
>>2841519
Any tips?
I got kitten pouches and pate too
>>
>>2841519
Get his mother and bring her back as soon as he's grown up.
>>
i'm just noticing my cat has scabs on several parts of the body. just single points, it looks as if the cause was thorns or scratches
should i be worried about anything contagious?
>>
>>2839574
>>2841519
>>2841520
My advice is return the kitten to the mother asap. Even if you can feed it, the behaviour will be fucked up like >>2840536 or worse. Cats can develop depression and they can kill themselves by refusing to eat. That's what happened to my neighbours cat when her kittens were taken too early. She kept searching for them until she died.
>>
File: 1538834613421m.jpg (90 KB, 1024x576)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
So my parents adopted a feral, fast forward a few months, she gives birth to a healthy litter of kittens, weans them and disappears. Did she get hit by a car or is it normal for ferals to display attachment to a household then drop off the kids and leave?
>>
>>2841615
Could be anything but try to see if he scratches more than usual and does it to himself.
>>
>>2841620
It's on his hands too so he can't have done it himsef. it looks like really rough dandruff with some blood. i threw some betadine on the spots
>>
>>2841618
Feral cats don't like people. If it was a feral cat, the second it was let outside it would have never come back unless maybe you kept the kittens inside. If it was an outdoor cat, there's a ton of different things that could have happened including death.
>>
>>2841625
>>2841615
https://meowkai.com/scabs-on-cat/
>>
I had a cat sort of dumped on me a few months back. The 7 year old cat I already had has NOT acclimated to him at all. They constantly fight, hiss, and just generally find any way possible to get into altercations with one another. I introduced both slowly, but nothing helped.

Am I just going to have to get rid of the other cat? It's been 4 months now, and things are just as bad as when I got this cat dumped on me.
>>
It's been 3 weeks since I went to go see my cat at the hospital and had to put him down. Does the feeling of terror and depression ever stop? I hate sleeping and I hate waking up and I hate being alive. It wasn't supposed to be the last time I got to see him. He was supposed to come home.
>>
>>2841700
Give one of the cats to >>2841738
>>
>>2841745
I already have 2 other cats that I can barely spend time with anymore because my cat would always be there and my subconscious expects him to come over to play too or gets pets.
>>2841700
It can sometimes take awhile. My 2 cats that I still have barely get along and it's been years.
>>
How do I get my kot to eat slower? One of my cats eats super slow and leaves about half the bowl left for an hour or two while the other just pounds the whole thing down immediately
>>
>>2838733
>>2838888
>>2838918
I absolutely, 100% would not be alive typing this right now if not for the kots I grew up with.

She needs you. Stick around.

>>2839450
It might just be a dental issue that can be fixed. Go to a doctor.

>>2839678
8 hours is nothing for most cats unless they're extremely social or prone to separation anxiety.

>>2839796
Monitor for licking, chewing, sores. He's probably gonna be just fine.

>>2840102
You made the right choice. Sorry for your loss.

>>2840258
Make ABSOLUTE SURE they're not eating them. If not, no problem.

>>2840372
Nope, "voices" just differ.

>>2840750
Cats are kind of weird in that it can be completely normal to occasionally vomit. If it was just one episode and he's okay otherwise (eating, drinking, urinating, defecating, energy good), no worries.

>>2840932
Relative sounds best. Some cats that are used to going outdoors can get so used to it that keeping them in makes 'em go a little stir crazy. Just make sure she vaccinates and cares for her cat, most farmfucks don't.

>>2841093
Not a death sentence, but worrisome. I've seen cases of cats finding their way home after a month gone. He might be shut up somewhere or been taken in by a well-meaning human.

>>2841211
Explain the introduction process you used.

>>2841615
>>2841625
Do you use a flea/tick preventative?

>>2841700
Some cats just aren't socialized or meant to live together. I'd rehome kot.

>>2841738
It gets better. Sorry for your loss.

>>2841832
Put a larger object that cannot be swallowed, like a ping-pong ball, in the bowl. He'll be forced to eat around it. Otherwise, there are puzzle/ball feeders.
>>
someone post me a cat
>>
I've had cats for my entire life, I don't know how I'm going to cope when I move out in a couple years. My cats are too old to take anywhere, and I couldn't support a kitty properally for awhile.

I just get so anxious when I don't have a kot. Is volunteering at shelters a good kitty snuggle regiment or would it just make me sadder going home alone?
>>
>>2835289

no, I wish people hospitals would be up front and tell you what your options and dont pad your bill with needless tests and parades of doctors
>>
>>2841905
maybe you can foster?
most of the stories i hear about shelters are about crying for the animals
>>
File: 1307059802497.jpg (50 KB, 234x234)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2841898
>>
>>2841944
yeaaaah!
woo
>>
How do you get a cat to drink from their bowl? I've only ever see our cat drinking from the bath tap. I worry she gets dehydrated.
>>
>>2841905
You can find 2+ year old cats at shelters and craigslist/similar all the time
>>
Alright /kot/s

I have a female kitten with what appears to be male 'pubic hair?' She has what LOOKS like a start of a penis sheath at the top that changed its mind halfway through development or something and smoothed out into a normal female slit. She also has an abundance of fur poking out where testicles would be. Viewed from above, below and any angle that isnt directly behind the cat would make you think that she's a he

Am I dealing with something weird here? Or just a lady with a big clit and extra fluff?
>>
>>2841965
cats like running water

get a cat fountain or a fishtank
>>
File: image000000.jpg (271 KB, 1512x2016)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Big guy is coming up on being almost 3 years old now. Still hasn't figured out how to catch the hedgehog
>>
>broke up with gf of 6 years
>loved her cat so much
>thinking about getting my own cat to help with this shit
I know the new /kot/ won't have the quirkiness of that lovable cuddly fat boi but I want to make things easier.
>>
File: 20180522_134028.jpg (2 MB, 4032x2268)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>2842131
go rescue a kitten. it's good for your soul
>>
>>2833986
tired old cats make me cry.
>>
>>2840789
>won't rob or stab you.
Not any more than any other breed of cat would, anyways.
>>
>5 years into NoCat
>Find out parents adopted 2 kittens
Feels good man
>>
I adopted a ~1 year old cat form the shelter in July, I was thinking about adopting another cat since I feel like she gets bored alone in my apartment all day by herself.

Would it be better to adopt a kitten or an older cat in terms of them getting along? Or is that just down to the personality of my cat?
>>
>>2842382
A combination of your cat and the new cat's personalities. If your cat is playful and likes new people, she would probably adapt to a kitten. But if she's a bit shy or skittish and hides when there's new folks, a calm old cat who wouldn't disturb her much would be better. If she's a bit territorial, you'll have to be kinda careful and maybe figure out a way for her to meet any others you consider adopting, but a submissive female peer would be best, since your cat would be able to set her own boundaries and not be too challenged.
>>
File: 20181013_032602~01.jpg (2.01 MB, 3024x3024)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>2836510
cute cotta looks like a good boyé
>>
>>2842131
Is there no hope to still be friends with her just for the kot?
>>
>>2842424

thanks, she was originally very skittish when I first got her, it took a couple visits from my parents to get her to come out and socialize with them, but now she runs to the door whenever anyone knocks
>>
>>2842470
>tfw when you hate a girl but the pussy is too good to quit it.
>>
>cousin finds a kitten in the woods
>takes it home with her and doesn't even take it to a vet, just has it living in her house
>no flea prevention no nothing
>cousin also has a 2 year old and other people living with her
>realizes she can't take care of cat (not only the cost but also her apartment doesn't allow it)
>talks my mom into taking it because my mom is a dope
>she brings it over to my moms place and gives her it
>i drive over and go to see what the deal is
>don't even want to touch the kitten after I hear where it was found and that it hasn't seen a vet
>use gloves and it's got ticks in its fucking ears and fleas
>mother doesn't want to take it to a real vet, says the most she'll do is take it to the walmart pet clinic
>kitten gets treated for basic kitten shit
>has hookworm, fleas, ticks, and upper resp problems that it gets prescribed friggin Lysine for
>mother refuses to buy the Lysine, says "it'll go away"
>got mad at me when I volunteered to give it a dawn dish soap bath to at least get the fleas and ticks off, said I'd traumatize it

how can someone be so stupid
>>
>>2842533
oh and not to mention
>before this kitten even went to a vet my mother was kissing it on the head/face and holding it a bunch

how long until she gets sick or infested
>>
any tips for getting two neighborhood cats fighting in my yard to quit their shit?

theyre both sprayed but still go at it
>>
>>2842533
>walmart pet clinic
Never heard of this ever
>>
>>2842740
y'know how walmart supercenters have a subway, a blimpie or some other restaurant connected to them when you first walk in? There's a fucking pet clinic in mine.
>>
>>2842756
Mine used to have a hair cut place and a pretzel shop. Both are gone now
>>
>>2842725
I want to know too~
>>
>>2842807
>>2842725

lemonjuice your fence
get a dog
>>
>>2842756
The PetIQ place?
>>
>>2835746
Nice! One of those might have saved a record collection :-/
>>
File: 20180503_220005.jpg (1.35 MB, 2576x1932)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Need some advice on what my dad should do with his cat. TLDR: The cat was really his wife's pet, but she passed away a couple years ago. He's been taking care of the cat since then but has some medical problems making it really hard on him since he already has trouble just taking care of himself, so he wants to give the cat away. What's the best way to do this? I'd take the cat myself but I can't have pets where I live. Another problem is that he's never seen a vet once in his life (he's somewhere around 10 years old) and hasn't been neutered, and he's too old to qualify for any programs that do the deed for free or at a discount. Knowing all that, is there any safe place we can take this guy where he'll have a chance at finding a decent home? [spoiler]Any anons here around Baltimore MD that might want him?[/spoiler]
>>
Is it normal for a cat, 10 days after neutering surgery and surgery vest use, to go ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT CRAZY the instant the vest is off? She’s fucking running around jumping, bitting and hitting everything on the way, sort of like a “I want to do everything I couldn’t do the past week NOW that I’m free”
>>
>>2843009

just sounds like a happy cat to me.
>>
>>2843033
But she was running away from me and running desperately, stumling across stuff and hitting the wall all night long.
The moment we put the vest back on (which was a struggle), she calmed down, approchead me and slept in my lap as cuddly as a cat can be. Does she feel safer in the vest? Using it she became the cuddliest most attention begger cat in the world. (She was a bit ot a crazy cat. She looks like she can move (somewhat) freely and that it doesn’t bother her at all, but I’m sure keeping the use of the vest after the neutering is a mean thing to do.
>>
>>2843038
Surgeries and traumatic vet / clinic visits can do a number on a cat's psyche. A good friend has an older calico who refused to eat for 2 weeks following a trip to the groomer's for trimming. Poor thing nearly starved herself to death. Your girl is probably so used to the vest that it feels normal to her. Removing it and then putting it back on was probably further stress and change for her, but she can't wear it forever. I say take it off and let her deal for a day. Maybe swaddle her with a bath towel and give her rubs on your lap whenever she needs to calm down.
Stories like yours are also part of why I don't spay my female cats. It can take my oldest girl several months to fully recover from even minor traumatic experiences like being left home alone for ~3 days.
>>
this thread makes me lose faith
>>2839792
>>
>>2843454
>wants to adopt a rabbit

rabbits are the biggest faggot animals that exist, you should question the character of somebody that wants one who isn't a little girl
>>
>>2843456
I don't give a shit about any animal being a "fag" animal. It mostly annoys me how high and mighty the anti-cat posters are being. I mean look at how they type, especially this one poster
"There was a new Tom on the trail cameras last night, I wonder if he'll be dumb enough to stick around?"
and
"Anyone want to see the feral grey that wasn't smart enough to get off my property?"

he's obviously got some compensation problems and is trying to express his dominance by killing cats or other small animals he might dislike. What a shit thread.
>>
>>2843458
>you should question the(ir) character
my point stands

it's pretty easy to see where that sort of power tripping attitude might come from if he's attracted to one of the most pathetic creatures on the planet, but i won't get into that
>>
>>2841519 here
Kitten has accommodated it seems, eats and drinks good! Also appears to have a good stool! Very playful and lovely.
The only issue is that he's long haired so his back parts are all smired with piss or poo after he's done with the dirty business so I have to clean him every time
Also vet told me that he's got fleas but he can't be treated right now but only in 2 weeks because he's too young I guess?
Should I just trim the fur on his bum and legs?
>>
>>2843524
Smeared*
>>
>>2843524
Have you given kitten a bath yet? I start every street intake with an extended warm shower using cat shampoo. Many of the fleas will be washed out. A good way to clean dirty kitten is to swaddle him in an old bath towel. Soak the towel through under the shower and soap the whole thing up. You can indirectly scrub kitten without getting scratched and without touching the majority of his filth.

As for food, try offering canned kitten pate. Mix it with the yogurt if he doesn't show interest at first. The sooner he adjusts to semi solid food the better for you both.
>>
>>2843527
He already eats kitten pouches, pate and human baby meat pate. He actually dislikes dairy in any shape and form.
Didn't give him a bath yet. Tried to wash his bum today after he shat but he hates plain water and screams. I just wipe his arse with wet cloth atm.
Thank you, I'll try the towel thing you described.
>>
>>2843524
Yes trim their ass end. I have to with my cat every few months also. If you don't want to get a clipper vets do it. Called a sanitary trim around here
>>
Why is my cat such a cunt before feeding time? Literally pawing and clawing at anything he knows will make me want to chase him down
>>
>>2843167
She still has her sutures (the vet will remove them next tuesday), but will just let her be once they're off, thank you!
Will her cuddly/cute/sleepy behaviour change once she becomes free of the vest boundaries? She used to be a really playful cat, running, jumping and trying to get things (almost as crazy as she went once the vest was off), but after neutering she became way more "domesticated". That behaviour, however, was only observed with the use of the surgical vest.
>>
My cat has never liked to be brushed which is a problem because he's a long haired tabby. I think it's that he thinks its a punishment. I try to be gentle but sometimes that falls away with how much he squirms. How can I get him to more enjoy getting brushed, calming him down so he doesn't flip his shit.
>>
File: 61-EmxG43KL._SX466_.jpg (25 KB, 466x466)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2843601
pic related will remove undercoat without pulling tangles. no cat can resist the zoom groom.
>>
>>2843601
Are you using a brush with a hundred prong on it? Try an Oster Shed Monster instead. Use it on my cat every few weeks and works wonders
>>
>>2843560
It's unironically because he knows you'll chase him down for it, and that leads to him getting fed faster.
>>
File: file.png (462 KB, 617x639)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
>>
>>2843620
that looks like an iron maiden for cats
>>
File: IMG_20181014_184048850.jpg (687 KB, 3120x4160)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
I adopted a three legged kitten. It took him five days to go from hiding under the couch to this.
>>
>>2843736
>already friends
jealous and lucky
>>
File: IMG_20181008_153550198.jpg (2.11 MB, 4160x3120)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>2843744
The black cat was curious to begin with, so he wasn't fussy. It was the orange kitten that was fussy at first, but has figured out black cat isn't threatening.
Kitten is really affectionate, but black at isn't quite ready for all that affection yet.
>>
>>2843467
Eh, I think I get where you're coming from, but it's making too many assumptions
>>
>>2839583
What the fuck, me too, except its Cat, Other Cat, and Hotdog
>>2834426
Do you know where the cheapest places to buy chicken are? Anything under a dollar a pound would be neat
>>
Cats are just house lions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Hello, lads. I have a bit of a problem.
I need to move my cat... 1000km.
The story is long, so I won't make this too long.
What I'm doing right now is driving him about 150km in my car, then taking him on a cruise ship over the Baltic sea (500km/ basically ~14h). I have booked a special cabin that allows free-roaming pets. The least I could do for him. After that, another 500km to where I actually live; trip by car.
Has anyone gone through anything similar? I want to make this trip as peaceful as possible.
I have never moved him anywhere further than 1km to the vet's office. How should I prepare for this? I do have a travel cage and whatever else, but I'm very anxious about the whole thing, since I hate hearing his stressed out meows.
I would GREATLY appreciate any tips from fellows anons how to proceed with this
>>
>>2844021

curious about this as well, driving 1300 miles form MD to TX with my cat, I have enough room to set up one of those outdoor pen things for cats in the back of my car, figure I can even put a litter box in there with it
>>
File: _20181015_183525.jpg (463 KB, 1777x1409)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
Trapped this local feral cat not even 25mins after setting my new trap. Is there any hope for taming? Seems fairly young.
>>
>>2844498
Nevermind
>>
File: 1534466878610.jpg (66 KB, 789x750)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>open can of tuna for a snack
>he isn't there to meow like a motherfucker until he gets some of it anymore
>>
>>2844498
>>2844588
>Nevermind
Well now you gotta tell us what happened
>>
>>2844869
https://twitter.com/nasu_chourakuji/status/1049062057503469568
>>
/r/ this kot. Thread got deleted by tranny janny and all I could save was this thumbnail.
>>
>>2843647
there are no less that three cats in that body
>>
>>2839574
>>2841519
>>2843524 here
Just got some bad news lads, kitten's mom was found today torn to shreds apparently by stray dogs
She was given a proper burial
Holy shit at least I got the kitten in time, don't think dogs would've spared him.
>>
>>2844869
I remember my cat would go crazy for some canned sardines
Now I realize that there was unacceptable amount of salt there but neither of us knew...
>>
File: rip catto.png (99 KB, 1955x2400)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>2844872
It was too agressive. Left it's fate with animal control. You can see where this is going.
>>
Hello

My mother wants to adopt an older cat that will just sit about the place and be low maintenance.

I actually question her ability to be able to look after one but is that unrealistic? That an adopted older cat won't just run away or shit all over the place?
>>
File: ic-6563.png (1.57 MB, 1098x1430)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>own cats
>Cats poo
>Smells toxic
>Run away
>Still occasionally smell in places cats refuse to shit in

So this is the toxo meme?
>>
>>2845082
If you don't have the patience to rehabilitate a feral, don't trap them. I've turned several street cats into adoptable pets, but each one has required 2-3 months of slow trust building exercises. Even with a 2 month old kitten, you need to give it some time to calm down.
>>
File: 1521987967901.jpg (91 KB, 998x1000)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2844938
literally just reverse searched the thumbnail
>>
>>2845085
How old is the cat? Most 12+ cats really don't want that much action anymore, but your mother should still offer her a few minutes of playtime and lots of talking and cuddling everyday.
Why would they run away? If it's going to be an inside-outside cat, make sure to keep her inside only until there's a bond between the cat and your mother and do some callback training.

No healthy cat shits all over the place but since every pet can get sick your mother should be ready to deal with stuff like that and have enough money for vet visits.
>>
>>2845088
>smells toxic
It should just smell like carnivore shit, honestly. Really bad smelling poo could mean your cat is sick or you feed shit.
>>
>>2845096
Any carnivore mammal shit smells toxic.
>>
>>2845089
Sorry no can do. The local colony causes problems in our neighborhood and spreads fleas like crazy.
>>
>>2845108
>what is a bath
>what is flea control
If you just wanna kill cats, at least be honest about it.
>>
>>2845109
I do that with the kittens I trap. Found great homes for last year's. Adults go straight to animal control however.
>>
>>2845082
why the fuck trap a cat in the first place
>>
>>2845128
Getting rid of the starved and diseased local colony.
>>
>>2845146
lol neck yourself
>>
I just want to say that adopting a kot was the best thing I've ever done in my life
>>
>>2844869
My cat would always go crazy whenever he heard any can being opened because he thought it was tuna. I miss him so much.
>>
tfw adorable 4-year-old kot at the shelter that's been there for almost a year and nobody wants her because she's 4 years old and needs special food
>>
I just accidentally kicked my cat in the head and now I feel awful. He did that thing where he suddenly activates warp speed without any warning and jumps directly in front of me while I'm walking. I gave him a treat but I still feel bad
>>
>Get home from work
>Cats meowing like mad
>FEED
>ME
>I'M
>LITERALLY
>DYING
>Feed kots
>Get towel
>Head to shower
>Yellow liquid in bottom of tub
>What the fuck
>Cat literally pissed in my tub
>>
>>2845435
>Cat been at a shelter for an entire year
>Didn't get put down

Amazing
>>
>cat purrs in a warm bath
>able to see ripples in water
>got mesmerized by water
>cat takes opportunity to escape
how did it know?
>>
>>2845625
Yes, they do piss in tubs for some reason. Also you will have to replace glazing like in 3 years due to this. (Not chemical reaction, but claws)
>>
>>2845435
she's yours. stock up on that special food.
>>
>>2845301
You've been blessed.
>>
>>2843647
She looks like a bitch
>>
>>2845472
Fuck, my kitten does that all the damn time. There have been a few serious close calls because he'll push himself under my feet when I start to pull one off the floor.
>>
>>2838081
I miss my cat too.
>>
my dumb asshole cat keeps getting shit stuck on its asshole and tail and getting it all over fucking everything and I have no idea how to stop it from happening or even clean it off her because I can't hold her still and lift her tail and wipe her ass at the same time and even then it's usually dug in there so I would have to talk it out with the hair which obviously doesn't fucking work
what the shit do I do
>>
>>2845923
Cut hair.
>>
Picked her up as stray kitty years ago, this is her most recent babies.

Still doesnt know what breed she is can anybody tell me just by looking at this pic. Her babies seem to be a mix this time because they seem to have thicker fur.
>>
>>2833986
be well grandma
>>
>>2838081
the absolute worst

I might as well tattoo their names in my back
>>
>>2846040
She started eating and meowing again
>>
>>2837220
I picked a purebred Siamese off the street and use her as a mouser. They are the sort to meow even though nothing's actually wrong i.e. they just want attention. There is no sugarcoating their volume issues; they're just absolutely the wrong animal if you want a cat that sits around quietly, or if you're used to cats that only meow when hungry.

It's hard to find any concrete details about their temperament, but apparently they're trainable-ish? I tried to make mine come on command and holy crap what a stubborn little fuck. This might take a few days.
>>
>>2845636
Why the hell did you have to bathe a cat? Did it roll around in oil?
>>
>>2845636
Eye contact
>>
File: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (93 KB, 1200x764)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2845953
A domestic shorthair possibly
>>
>>2845953
>Keeps on breeding cats like a shit head
Tie your tubes before you find a man that tolerates you.
>>
File: IMG_20181017_125844_047.jpg (68 KB, 760x1280)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Just got a new girl after losing my last one I had for 8 years. She's acclimated super well, and we managed to snap this photo of her. Maybe you guys can use it as some sort of reaction image!
>>
>>2840102
sorry anon, cute catter. damn shame.
>>
File: cuteboi.jpg (58 KB, 736x589)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2833651
what about serval or ossicat?
>>
>>2846533
new thread
>>2846533
>>
>>2834555
i want to stick my hand in his fur and fluff it!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.