[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Discuss all things birds, from pet birds to wild birds or birds that no longer exist alive on this planet.

>DIY bird cages
https://www.beautyofbirds.com/buildingacage.html

>Birb ID
https://www.allaboutbirds.org

>buy birbs
https://www.purelypoultry.com

>Very basic pet birb care
http://www.aav.org/?page=basiccare

>how to tame/train bird?
Google clicker training birds

Last but not least
>found baby bird, wat do?
https://www.fws.gov/midwest/news/foundbabybird.html

Take good care of your birds, feed them a varied diet apart from seed mix, and punch your budgies regularly.

Previous: >>2814309
>>
Have anyone imported birds here?
I have a bird, and I'm planning to move in other country. The problem is that it is an Congo African Grey, and they need some sort of documents, that I never had... But bird is born in my home country, thus it is not an illegal immigrant.
>>
Anybody got any good budgie abuse stories?
>>
>>2836923
Why would you even abuse them? They are so fragile...
The problem is that they are cheap, thus everyone buys them for children etc. And this will never end good.
>>
>>2836915
Now I don't know the full details, but it's good you're asking yourself these questions. CAGs are now Appendix I of the CITES lists. Below might be a good starting point, and you can probably contact them for more info.

https://www.cites.org/eng/resources/faq.php#ap
>Do animals that were bred in captivity also require permits?
Yes. However, if a commercial breeder of a CITES Appendix-I species fulfils certain conditions and is registered with the CITES Secretariat, specimens from the breeding operation may be treated as if they are of Appendix-II species, meaning that they can be traded commercially (permit requirement is not waived). If the animals were not bred for commercial purposes they may be traded simply with a certificate of captive breeding. Click here for further information.

>>2836923
Do you mean taking budgies out of abusive situations and having them thrive? Budgies are precious and should never be abused.
>>
>>2836933
No: stories where budgies are subject to cruel and unusal treatment and it results in diminished quality of life.
>>
File: fucked up face.jpg (48 KB, 960x720)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>
File: 345345345.jpg (5 KB, 259x194)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2836915
It really depends on where you are going and where you are coming from. Contact those people in charge of customs.

>>2836929
Yep. Unfortunately because of their low price , people treat them as a 'disposable animal' that they can buy on a whim with little monetary risk, much like goldfish. If the animal dies due to poor care, doesn't matter. Whereas if someone was going to buy a parrot or any other animal worth thousands, they may be more inclined to look up proper care so they don't lose that expensive animal.

Usually people buy their 10 dollar budgie, shove it in a tiny 20 dollar cage, and buy a bag of 5 dollar seed mix.
>>
>>2836933
The problem is that I don't want to trade it or something, and this gets extremely tricky here. It is mine birb, mine property, and I'm just moving abroad.
There is zero fuck given about dogs and cats, but birds are treated differently. And I still will need export and import certificates, and it is quite tricky. Plus, vet stuff and different tests... And it looks like I will need at least 3 month.
Paperwork is only a half of problems.
How to transport them on planes.How bird will feel in 12 hours flight in plane? (Honestly, I can't even do 12 hours). I still don't know much about this. But it seems that many airlines will accept a bird, if it with cage weight less than 8 kilo and no VIP seats near exits. I don't want it to travel in cargo area, just because they will loose a carrier with bird with two connections for sure.
>>
>>2836952
>It really depends on where you are going and where you are coming from. Contact those people in charge of customs.
I'm doing research, but still, some things with CITES aren't clear enough.
>5 dollar seed mix.
It is OK price for 300-400 grams. The problem is that it is not enough.
>>
File: thot lemon.jpg (63 KB, 960x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>2836952
>>2836929
I've worked with parrots - Macaws, Cockatoos, Amazons, African Greys, Senegals, Eclectus, and I had privately worked with a Meyer's Parrot for 1.5 months, but even with that, my favourite companion birds are still Budgies (and Pigeons). Pic of Lemon, he's such a precious slut and I love him.
>>
>>2836952
>Whereas if someone was going to buy a parrot or any other animal worth thousands, they may be more inclined to look up proper care so they don't lose that expensive animal.
It depends. Some people still treat them good, so they live 12-15 years, or even more.
But there are many more people, who treat them like shit, and they live 2 years at best.
>>
>>2836952
My first budgie was ten dollars and I kept him in a Rubbermaid bin for ten years with no perch. Eventually got rid of him. Budgies are entry level
>>
>>2836968
Pigeons are wonderful little sky rats.
People should not judge the value of their companion animal by how common/mainstream it is or by how much it cost in the shop.
>>
File: IMG_0437.jpg (1.68 MB, 4032x3024)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>2836974
Agreed! And they're beautiful.

I fostered a wild pigeon who had a concussion and it was very rewarding to spend time with her and release her when she was ready. Her name was Norma, pic related. I hear she now has a big stud pigeon mate and occasionally visits the release spot.

More on-topic, I also fostered two unreleasable pigeons from my friends for about 3 months, who needed a temp place for them, and they were so sweet and hilarious. I just couldn't stand the smell of their droppings while they were nesting so keeping them didn't work :( I'll share a picture of them after. Miss them lots but they're in a better place now, a rescue/rehab centre with a permanent "funny flock".
>>
File: IMG_4623.jpg (1.61 MB, 4032x3024)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2836981
This one is Katara (I didn't name them). Loved scritches and was a PMV survivor so walked around in circles with her head back like this all the time.
>>
File: IMG_0957.jpg (913 KB, 4032x3024)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>>2836984
And Zuko, who had a missing eye (bad eye facing us in pic). She was massive and such an angry pidge, but super sweet to Katara.
>>
>>2836952
>Whereas if someone was going to buy a parrot or any other animal worth thousands, they may be more inclined to look up proper care so they don't lose that expensive animal.

Depends on how much disposable income you have. If you have a lot of it, a 1500$ Eclectus could be the same as someone buying a 25$ budgie. They pay for their beauty, and then they pay with their ears and fingers.

I will sadly admit I had an impulse purchase of a linnie, which was about 250$ w/cage. I eventually had to find him another home because he was one of the loudest damn birds outside of a cockatoo I've ever met (me approaching the door or him hearing anyone walking around would set him off full-blast for a good 20-30 minutes, and I got complaints before I could curb his habit). Fucking neurotic bird, but he's in the best home he could probably have now, and I visit him about once a week.
>>
File: 1534270695483.png (251 KB, 601x601)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
i live in an apt but wanna get a birb what's a good birb that doesn't SQUAWK very loud?
>>
>>2837006
Unironically budgies. You could try Linnies, but a single linnie may have horrid contact calls, so might be best to get one and then get a second for company later, or get two and initially keep them in separate cages so you can acclimatize them to you first.
>>
>>2837006
Sorry, doves are another option, and finches are too.
>>
Brib
>>
Story time:
>had 2 budgies
>one dies of old age F
>got a new one
>old budgy suddenly dies from a sickness F
>new budgy is now in quarantine
>it has been about a week since the new one is alone and he is very apathetic
He did not really move for the last hours and chirped maybe twice
Since he is not afraid of me, I pet him from time to time. There is no real reaction. I tried feeding him apple a few days ago: No reaction. He didn't bite.
Tried banana today - same result.

Any advice what do to? I plan on getting him a new home or a new (birb) friend asap - once the incubation time should be over.
>>
>>2837682
Maybe he/she died as well, lol?
>>
>>2837682
Punch budgie immediately!!! It may already be too late...
>>
>>2837690
Tell me about this meme. I'm new shitposter here.
>>
File: 1401194035848.jpg (382 KB, 1772x1182)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>2837693
it's not a meme it's like 2 people trying to force an unfunny joke
>>
>>2837682
I had similar luck with canaries.
And for some reason females live much less (5-7 years vs 10 years) in average, and I still don't know why. Bad care? Why males don't die... Weird.
>>
>>2836933
Update. Looks like mine bird should have a chip, since it was born and imported from Czech republic... But I doubt that, since he was acting kinda wild, and it will be funny, if there is no chip.
Why CITES does exist in first place? I mean, niggas are still gonna nig the birds, but white people have to suffer.
Same with guns in my shithole, except we have white niggers.
>>
>>2837702
>t. budgie puncher
>>
>>2837930
Why would you punch a budgie? They are not african grey or macaws, they don't bite as badly...
>>
>>2837944
Punching budgies is how you callibrate them.
>>
File: face.jpg (8 KB, 176x176)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2838039
This. It is quite important for the wellbeing of the budgie. Regular calibration keeps the wheels in there running smoothly.
>>
Its been an unseasonably warm October here, so I sat out on the deck and enjoyed the sun with my best bud.
>>
Almost been one year since I brought this boi home. Family member found him at a flea market just sitting out in a tiny cage in the rain. This is how he looked on day one. Tail was chewed to pieces and I noticed later he was missing a toe.
>>
Here he is today. Still kind of skittish even after a year of socializing him but I have no idea how long he’d been sitting in his tiny cage beforehand. He’s a good boi
>>
File: 1532660902258.png (45 KB, 720x644)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2838228
>>2838226
nice
>>
>>2838039
>>2838098
Mechanical systems don't need calibration
>>
>>2837682
When I brought my budgie home as a single pet, he was quiet, didn't react to anything unless I put it right in front of him (even millet), rarely chirped, would let me pet him. As soon as I got another bird (Meyers) he was running around, chirping, trying to feed the Meyers, and much more responsive. Could just be loneliness - they're a flock bird so being alone could equal danger or just loneliness.
>>
>>2838186
Aww, Goffins. The one I had experience with was a total clown.
>>
>>2838493
Mine has been through multiple rehomes, so he's a bit rough around the edges, but yeah goffins are just goofballs that wanna dance all day.
>>
>>2837006
Budgies, they are cute, have great personalities and are easy to train/bond with. Don't judge them because they are entry levels. The little clowns have brought me through a lot of rough times with their bright personalities and chatter.
>>
>>2837006
caiques
>>
>>2836898

I have exp in finch care, and been around parrots a small amount.

My friends are looking to rehome their male-female green check concur pair who are about 2-3 years old. I shared my interest in taking them once I move in a few months. (getting more space).

I know these birds are going to be a project. They are nippy. Not let out of the cage. Never interacted or played with. They were bought at a bird expo and were supposedly hand raised. They were fine at first and got worse over the last year.

That said I have a lot of time, decent amount of resources, and the will to learn.

How do I go about educating myself to raise and care for these birds? How do I provide them the best life for their remaining years?

Please provide reading, articles, books, or videos.
>>
>>2839015
I should add.

So far, I have been going to their house a couple times a week to sit by the bird cage, talk with them, and share fruit. Trying to get them use to my presence.
>>
>>2839015
Use common sense.
Taking care is more-less same for all birds.
Google "green cheeked conure care" for specifics.
Taming/training is individual for every bird, and if they are hand raised - it will be super easy.
>>
File: bannedineurope.jpg (94 KB, 600x657)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2836898
>>
Can a lone male cockatiel display the female mating behavior, or have I been bamboozled?
When I got my lutino cockatiel at the store, he(?) had this little ring around his leg from a breeder stating his sex and age, so I was convinced that I was buying a male. But recently he has been doing the female mating thing- head tilted back and chirping. He's also been with me for two months now but has never expressed any desire to whistle, although he squawks a lot and often blabbers something to the mirror, or the TV. Females are supposed to be chill, but he's never been that- he flies around all the time, plays with toys, throws shit off the table and tries to destroy my keyboard. From his behavior I wouldn't think he's female, but then again he has done the mating call multiple times.
Is he a girl? Did the damn Russian breeders get his sex wrong?
>>
>>2837682
you're running a budget do-it-yourself concentration camp for budgies
it's time to stop
>>
>>2838461
t. budgie
>>
>>2839313
If you're not sure, just send off a feather sample to a lab to get it sexed. It's cheap. My female was very active and destroyed things. She became a lot calmer when I got her a mate. That being said, every cockatiel is an individual
>>
>>2839332
> just send off a feather sample to a lab to get it sexed
Here lies the problem- I'm in Eastern Europe. They don't do this here, as far as I know.
>>
File: 1503878356528.jpg (33 KB, 567x449)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2838234
Stop punching budgies.
>>
How should I prepare unshelled peanuts for safe consumption by my african grey I want to prevent Aspergillus
>>
>>2839476
Put them in over @ 100-150 C for 10-20 minutes.
You don't want them toasted, tho.
>>
>>2839516
And yes, if you live in thirworld shithole (like I do) it is a good idea to check nuts before giving. They might be toasted (some sellers sell toasted instead of raw), they might be badly contaminated with mold inside...
>>
>>2837910
Thirdworld fun continues. Looks like shop I bought it is closed, but apparently they had all certificates.
I wish I asked for this shit like three years ago.
>>
File: birb.png (691 KB, 1080x1080)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
My budgies ate millet out of my hand today and I'm very happy about it.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo1(1).jpg (31 KB, 800x450)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I got my budgie out right now and he's on shoulder. Here's a pic of him from a month or so ago. He's about nearly 8 or 9 years old.
>>
>>2840021
He's a fat old bird.
>>
>>2840023
He's just puffed up. He's not that fat.
>>
>>2840028
Maybe a little fat...
>>
>>2836898
Does this look right? My dumbass budgies just had their first clutch, they didn't even bother making any sort of bedding for the nest, I gave them heaps of coconut shavings and newspapers but they didn't use any of it. So far the only one to hatch was this fellow, and the way the mum is feeding it just doesn't look right. Is it really supposed to be on its back like that? The mum is about a year and a half old, the dad might be about two-ish. They don't seem very competent, the dad barely goes around the nest and rarely feeds the mum, so she frequently leaves the nest for a good 5 minutes to eat.
>>
Do toucans taste spicy
>>
>>2840255
Your birds are retarded, this is definitely not the right way to raise a hatchling.
>>
>>2840276
Should I just take it? It's like two days old, I don't think it's going to have much better survival odds if I feed it. I've only ever fed 3+ weeks old lovebirds with a spoon but this chick is legit the size of a bean, I'll just fuck it up.
>>
I adore birds very much and have dreamed of owning one, having done a significant amount of research into their care/husbandry

But “muh depression” even though it’s gotten better this year makes it that FULLY engaging with even my dog and being the absolute best owner I could be is hard. Her basic needs are met, I play and feed and exercise her but I feel like I should always be doing more, making her life even better.

Kind of why I don’t think I could give a bird the life it truly deserves, maybe some day. I love reading about your animals in the meantime
>>
>>2840298
Nah you've got basically no chance. Just make them a shitty nest and put hatchling in it sitting correctly and hope for the best.
>>
>>2840298
Cut wings off, go to /ck/ and make the tiniest wings. You have huge meme potential here. Do not waste it.
>>
>>2840333
Kek. But how budgies do taste? Will they taste better if being punched?
>>
My friend asked me to take care of his african grey, because he will be abroad for like 6 month or so.
He redpilled me on what to do, moved bird with cage to my house (or maybe he wanted to get rid of bird, who knows). Also, he said that I should interact with parrot, but how.
What do you do with parrots? How to interact with them?
Parrot is very nice, doesn't bite, doesn't afraid of me. But I have no idea what to do, besides being a perch.
Also, dubs decide what word should I teach him.
>>
>>2840431
Do NOT punch him! Punching is only for budgies.

If dubs, teach him to punch budgies.
>>
>>2840438
Word, not trick.
Trick for trips.
I am thinking of teaching him words like "Faggot", "Asshole", "Gay" and so on...
As far as I know, parrots remember things quite well.
>>
File: bird names.png (96 KB, 1087x266)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>2840441
Call him Nigger for the entire time he is with you. He will most likely think his name is Nigger by the time your friend comes back
>>
>>2840467
He already responds to "feathered-asshole"
>>
I got a budgie about five days ago and was wondering how acclimated it should be before I introduce a second bird. The first is pretty comfortable when I'm next to the cage and will let me touch it when its calmed down from playing after a while.
>>
>>2839313
ur bird is a tranny
>>
>>2840741
By the way, why two male canaries try fuck each other, but never the female?
>>
>>2840746
Gay canaries. It happens. They're gay birds.
>>
>>2840749
Can I fix it somehow? I know you can fix homosexuality (or not, but you got the point) with electrical current... But how?
>>
File: 20181011-Northern_Flicker.jpg (1.53 MB, 2481x1474)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
This little guy (or girl) showed showed up at work downtown today. I think it's a northern flicker. Can anyone confirm? I've never seen one with orange accents on its wings before.
>>
what are some approved cages for budgies?
while obv the bigger the better, what are some "good deal for price" ones?
>>
File: autjay.png (274 KB, 500x500)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
Today I discovered that blue jays can make another, more pleasant, noise besides incessant screaming. Anyone have good links to this other sound?
>>
>>2840836
A gilded flicker, maybe?
>>
>>2840021
A poofy boy. Cute!
>>
>>2840696
It probably is just scared of you still and being submissive. It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to bond more with that one or do you want two birds bonded more? I waited like 4 months until I got my second one.
>>
> captured a lost budgie
> not really interested in me or my cockatiels
> seems kinda lonely

I don't have the time to socialize with the little guy as much as I did with my cockatiels, who also have each other. Would getting one or two to keep this little guy company work out?
>>
>>2841027
Probably. It might just be scared as well. See about getting it some friends if it doesnt perk up. It probably wants friends though.
>>
>>2841043
Its been a little over a month, so I guess it'd be the latter. At least his feathers grew back and seems bigger, guess it must have been lost for a decent while if it was willing to eat of my hand.
>>
File: budgie123.jpg (23 KB, 564x423)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
whats the best budgie color and rarest?
>>
>>2841121
Is this photoshopped? If this is a real budgie where do you get one?
>>
>>2840021
That is big fluff boi
>>
>>2840883
>It probably is just scared of you still and being submissive.

Its hard to tell when its comfortable or not at times and when I should really try and start hand training it. It will eat, sleep, play, and groom itself when I'm right next to the cage but its still very skittish when I've got my hand in the cage. Strangest of all is that it seems to be scared if I have millet in my hand, but not if its empty. It hasn't been a week and I need to get it a larger cage, so I'll just give it more time.
>>
Hello birdfriends. I was wondering how attached you feel to your animals. If your bird were to die, would you feel the same profound sadness one who loved their dog very much? Have you ever had a bird you would consider your best friend/your best companion? Would you recommend a bird as a companion for someone who wanted to bond emotionally with their animal?

I asked /herp/ and /aq/ too, and while some were greatly attached and would be distraught if their favourite animal died, a fair few seemed to view those animals as investments or simply enjoyed watching the animal/found them fascinating to observe and take care of rather than have much emotional attachment

I feel like it's perhaps different with Mammals and Birds because they can be incredibly affectionate and often bond strongly with their owners. I'm just curious.
>>
>>2841121
Cool. I'd get that budgie but I'm not looking for more pets rn.
>>
Would you personally recommend Budgerigars, Conures (Green Cheeked Conure/Sun Conure) or Cockatiels for a first time owner? I work freelance at home so I'm pretty much always there and can put a lot of time into interacting with and taking care of it. Full disclosure, I do live at my parents house so noise is something I need to take into account- they are cool with me getting a bird but I do want to respect their living space and not get something that will scream the house down. Friendliness is something I'd really love, but I understand it can be down to the individual bird.
>>
>>2841529
*Or even have other recommendations entirely? What was your first pet bird? I'd like to hear your experiences.
>>
>>2841529
L I N E O L A T E D P A R A K E E T
Best birbs
>>
>>2841537
>Can't find my bird
>Check a pile of discarded clothing
>They're napping in my underwear
Best birds indeed.
>>
>>2841490
I'm going to have a mental breakdown when my bird dies. Ive had him for 15 years and he's just the best pal.
>>
>>2840866
I have a nest of these fucks right outside my office window. They're lucky I love bluejays, cuz I would've killed them by now.
>>
>>2841560
What kind of bird do you have anon? I hope you have many more good years together to come
>>
>>2841490
>If your bird were to die, would you feel the same profound sadness one who loved their dog very much?
During my entire life different pets died (just from being old).
I'd say, that it depends on bird.
When I was 5, canary died, I was so sad... And now, I wouldn't give a fuck about died canary. Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty sad (and it was pretty sad, when other canary died a year ago), but not as sad, as death of a dog. But definitely more sad, than death of laptop, iPhone, or blown car engine.
If my (God forbid) Grey African dies...After that many bites, dropped bombs on me, and time, I don't even want to think about this. He is really like a friend or family member. And since he talks, it would be even worse.
Also this depends on owner.
I know a lot of people, who bought budgies or canaries, and killed them with shitty care. And they didn't gave a fuck about this, but they were extremely upset, when their phone/laptop broke. "Yes, sure, canary is like $10 and phone is $350"... People now are just heartless I guess.
>Have you ever had a bird you would consider your best friend/your best companion?
Yes.
>Would you recommend a bird as a companion for someone who wanted to bond emotionally with their animal?
I would, but only if they are thinking of getting a bird, and if I see them as good owner. I just don't want an innocent budgie or any other canary die.
>I feel like it's perhaps different with Mammals and Birds because they can be incredibly affectionate and often bond strongly with their owners.
Sort of true. Even extremely stupid canaries bond to owners.
>>2841529
All birds are noisy. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>2841563
>All birds are noisy. Keep that in mind.
Of course! I'm very much prepared for the fact, it's just that my (limited) experience petsitting Budgies for a month has been a little bit different in terms of the noise scale on a general level than the gorgeous big Macaw that my neighbour owns, that guy can make some serious clamour, I just don't want to cause trouble for my parents in that regard.

I'd never want to bring a bird into a home only for it to be mistreated or unknowingly not taken care of to my best ability, that's why I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can
>>
>>2841574
Well, I never had a budgie, but as far as I know, they are pretty quiet.
I'd range I birds like this, from quietest to noisiest.
Budgies<Canaries<Grey African<Lovebirds<Macaw<Seagull
I think parakeets are as noisy as lovebirds, but I'm not sure, since nobody had in my area them.
>I'd never want to bring a bird into a home only for it to be mistreated or unknowingly not taken care of to my best ability, that's why I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can
Good
>>
finna get a parrotlet tomorrow. so fucking excited
>>
>>2841696
I hope they enjoy their new home.
>>
How do you deal with your bird pooping on you?
My parrot is Indian of sort, he doesn't shit much in cage or on perch, he waits unit I pick him up, and does the needful on my arm, hand, shoulder, and once even on head. People say it is 'good luck', but I say it is hot and not pleasant, nor hygienic.
How can I train this Indian to use the loo?
>>
>>2841717
That's just part of having a bird.
>>
>>2841723
I know.
But can something be done to minimize risk, like training him somehow to take shit in other designated place? Maybe I should hold his toes, until he takes a shit, and then reward him with clicker, or a nut? As far as I know, they can control this process. Birds usually drop all bombs before taking off, to reduce weight, thus reduce fuel consumption.
Anyway, It is not too big of a deal. I'm used to much worse things, like getting bites, scratches from toenails, and burns from soldering iron, and I'm sort of used being pooped.
>>
>>2841490
I have only had my budgies for a short time, less than a year, and I will be heartbroken when they die. He has been a cheerful companion during some tough times. He is always happy to see me and chatters around me nonstop while he is learning to talk. His bright personality and antics never fail to make me smile.

Dogs mindless sort of affection make me uncomfortable and put me off of them. It felt better and more real and earned when my little birds or even the cats I grew up with, decided that yes, they liked me and they wanted me around. When I left my parakeet at my parents house for babysitting so he could have company and he started chirping and getting excited when I came back it was great. They told me he never acted like this when I was away. He likes me and wants me around, and I want him around.
>>
>>2841739
On the other hand, he will shit anyway, if he sits more than 20-40 minutes on me, so why to bother reducing amount of shits? Maybe I should just ignore it like all other bird owners do?
>>
>>2841717
birds have tics when they're about to go poop. my conure crosses his legs and raises his wings.

when it's about to poop put it in the cage and treat it.

when he poops on you put him back in the cage immediately and leave the room

soon he'll learn that he's only supposed to poop in the cage
>>
>>2841808
>when he poops on you put him back in the cage immediately and leave the room
>soon he'll learn that he's only supposed to poop in the cage
I don't think he deserves it. He is a bird after all, they can't hold needful for long time.
>when it's about to poop put it in the cage and treat it.
I will try, but I think I will train him to shit from hand to floor/whatever will be under hand.
>birds have tics when they're about to go poop. my conure crosses his legs and raises his wings.
Yes, he moves butt in some funny way, but sometimes he does it without any movement at all.
>>
>>2841837
>I don't think he deserves it. He is a bird after all, they can't hold needful for long time.
You're correct. Birds are designed that way, they can't hold shit for long, because weight is important.
I had taught my parrot to shit on bucket, but he still would shit on me, just because he is a bird.
Just get used to it, because you will be shitted anyway, and parrot shit doesn't smell and relatively easy to clean. (personally I'd prefer cleaning the mess after bird rather than cats litter box)
>>2841739
>soldering iron
Do you have an extracting fan? Since you have a bird I'd recommend to invest in one. Plus, breathing flux is bad for your health.
>>
>>2841880
I love cats and grew up with them, but I just wouldn't be able to handle that smell again.
>>
>>2836898
Just learned that I cant own a .45 1911 in New Zealand and that I cant use it in self defense.

In response I've stopped caring about kiwis kakapo and other birds there
>>
>>2841910
NZ is Brit as fuck, so no surprises there. They're cucked, but aren't yet receiving mass cultural enrichment so they feel safe enough without arms.

The fools.
>>
Are these vision cages any good for budgies?
>>
>>2841922
I looked at one earlier today as a replacement for the "starter" cage I got for mine, the construction seemed good but it didn't have a drawer at the bottom nor did it have a carry handle. That was a deal breaker for me but otherwise looked decent.
>>
File: budgie234.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>2841343
not sure if its shopped
>>
>>2841910
Kiwi here. I feel safe enough just having a rifle in my house. I know that i am not allowed to use firearms to defend myself, but i just like knowing i have it as a deterrent.

I want to protect the birds regardless of the cuckery of the government.

>>2841917
We have some bits and pieces of cultural enrichment seeping in. At the Otago University, right now there is an 'islam awareness week' where muslims stand around saying how islam is a religion of peace.
>>
>>2836968
I still miss my budgie that escaped. He was such a cheerful one. :(
>>
>>2836952
Here in my shithole country, there are 3 main small birds sold. The small variety of budgie costs $3 equiv while the large variety around $20. A white-ringed lovebird costs $8 while red-eyed costs $13-22. Gouldian finch, the colorful ones are around $32.
>>
>>2841343
It's a shopped white budgie. The edges of the feathers would overlap and create mixed colors and shades if it was real or better shopped.
>>
>>2841121
rarest would probably be the half-sider.
>>
>>2841343
yeah, just look at the cere color. it doesn't add up.
>>
Anons, I want to raise a Caique. But I know it will just kill my lovebirds and budgies. What do?
>>
>>2842105
Don't.
>>
>>2841880
>Just get used to it
Ok, I guess there is no way around it.
>Do you have an extracting fan?
No, but I have a pretty good ventilation in my room, where I usually solder. And there is no way parrot getting in there.
>>2841886
You are lazy faggot, who didn't cleaned up after cats immediately.
By the way, it is the reason, why I got a parrot. But lack of any smell comes at cost of them shitting constantly. Anyway, birbs are more pleasant than cats.
>>
>>2841936
What cage did you end up getting?
I'm looking to replace an older cage.
Kind of weird for both no drawer and carry handle.
>>
>>2842354
It probably was a cage for other animals.
Dunno
>>
>>2842251
The Cats were outdoor cats, they'd just spray while no one was home.
>>
>>2842396
I forgot cats do it, if they have their balls. And getting rid from this stench is nearly impossible. Being shitted by a parrot is nothing in comparison.
>>
File: corvus_cornix.jpg (166 KB, 960x674)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Crows are the best birds.
>>
>>2842584
They are extremely smart.
They even have built-in clocks. I was feeding same crow for 8 years, on same place, at same time... It was waiting for me definitely.
>>
>>2842354
>What cage did you end up getting?

I didn't get one, the others were of questionable quality. I'm going to keep looking online, I also want the bird to be more comfortable before I switch their cage.
>>
>>2842597
Why not DIY it?
>>
File: 05910009101.jpg (42 KB, 1200x897)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2842595
Sounds comfy
>>
>>2842599

I'm considering it.
>>
>>2842602
I'm also interested, because pre-made cages are expensive. But I don't know what to do with bars.
Zinc is bad for parrots. Powder-coated and plastic don't last long, and safety is still unknown. Stainless steel is expensive. Copper oxidizes...
>>
>>2842615
Aluminium? Relatively cheap and easy to work..
Dunno.
>>
Anybody know a reputable breeder of these lads?
>>
>>2836948
I like your budgies :)

Names?
>>
>>2842998
Your city most likely has a monthly or bi monthly bird/pet show. That's the best place to get in contact with local breeders?
>>
>>2842998
horrible filter
>>
>>2843023
Yeah I think 4H or something does shit like that. I’ll look into it. We most definitely have reptile shows, but I’ve never heard of bird shows here in Denver. Maybe I’m just not paying attention lol
>>
>>2842998
Aren't these guys extint as wildlife? I don't think there's any actual breeders out there beyond a few sactuaries and zoos.
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (1.63 MB, 3840x2160)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
Took this like two minutes ago.
>>
File: OrientalHornbill.png (1.34 MB, 892x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
Just left Koh Phayam off the coast of Thailand. Great frens out there. I usually go out with only binoculars and try to ID from memory when I get back. Managed a quick shot of an Oriental Pied Hornbill. I also saw many Bee Eaters, some Green Pigeons, and one flycatcher.
>>
>>2843197
No. Brazilian macacaues just were catching them for sale.
>>
File: IMG_20181014_141532581.jpg (3.36 MB, 4032x2268)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
My new baby. Guess what kinda bird she is
>>
>>2843349
Some sort of parrot.
Lovebird?
>>
So a wild duck has appeared in the backyard of the house next door to me. It's been waddling around there for at least the last six hours when I first noticed it, possibly longer. It doesn't have any outward appearance that its injured but I can't imagine any other reason why its still there. No one lives there and the house is for sale. Is there anything I can do to have it removed or can I even do anything since it's not my property?
>>
>>2843417
Why would you want to remove it from there?
>>
>>2843422
Its in the middle of a suburb, no nearby bodies of water. I'm assuming it's got trouble with moving itself out of there on its own since it's been there for hours. I'm not seeing much reason for it being there and I'd rather it not come onto my property.
>>
why are birbs always standing don't they get tired?

looking at them stand all the time is exhausting god I wish they could lay down
>>
>>2843662
They can "lay down" if they want, but they don't need to and their legs don't really get tired like yours do.
>>
>>2843662
My bird lays down all the time, even takes naps laying down sometimes.
>>
File: gullsit.jpg (260 KB, 1198x799)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>2843662
>why are birbs always standing don't they get tired?
Some birds do get tired eventually.
Pigeons can 'sit' on their belly, gulls...
>>
File: goose.jpg (332 KB, 2100x1400)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>2843670
even bigger birds can sit.
>>
>>2841537
YES

I will soon be getting a pair of them from a local rescue. I had one before but he was fucking neurotic and one of the loudest birds I ever met. A friend who has a lot of people around all the time took him in and he's happy, but I can't wait for the two to join me.
>>
>>2841936
>>2842354

I like vision cages because it's easier to give it a full-down scrub, and the bars are horizontal on all sides. There are also some good sizes out there. For general clean I just sneak newspaper through the feeding stations. Prevue Hendrix have some decent ones too

>>2843349
PA
RR
OT
LE
TT
>>
Bros I’m gonna get a GCC and I’m having a lot of trouble picking out a cage for it. Price is not an issue but I’d prefer not to spend over $1500. Any of you guys have any recommendations for good cages for those kinds of birds? I’d prefer a cage with a flat top so it can hang out on top of it if it wants to, but I’m open to anything. Suggestions would be very helpful
>>
>>2843349
>seed everywhere
The life of a bird owner.
I was cleaning my keyboard yesterday and i found shit tons of seed and feathers in there.
>>
File: 20181014_224111.jpg (3.44 MB, 4032x3024)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
For some reason my parakeets are sleeping this way now. I dont know why.
>>
>>2843880
Cause it’s comfy
>>
>>2843726
>PA
>RR
>OT
>LE
>TT

Correct, good job anon

>>2843850
>>seed everywhere
>The life of a bird owner.
and poop, don't forget poop
what kinda bird do you have?
>>
I just got a blue parakeet. How many days should I wait before I start face punch training it?
>>
>>2837702
I find it hilarious
>>
>>2838551
Second
>>
>>2843934
t. the guy that spams it everywhere
>>
>>2843880
it's normal. they want to be on the highest part of the cage as much as possible. sometimes, clawed on the highest part of the side railings. prolly as built-in precautionay measure for survival against predators esp. in the wild.
>>
>>2843019
greybeard and bananas
>>
File: 20181015_144048.jpg (37 KB, 894x671)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
So a friend of mine gave me his budgie and I've been trying to figure out what's up with her (he told me it it's female) ever since
>she doesn't sing
For some reason she doesn't want to sing or chirp unless it hears some birds outside, specifically in the morning since if she hears them at any other time of the day she will just listen or ignore them. I've checked to see if she's sick but it doesn't show any symptoms of any kind. And even when she does chirp it's usually short yelps for some reason.
>she refuses to go outside
I leave the cage open for most of the day but she never gets out for some reason, it's not like she doesn't know it's open since she passes by it every time she gets down to eat
>she's ignoring the toys I give her
I tired giving her a bell, a small pool, a miniature parakeet, a swing etc. but she's ignored every single one of them with the exception being a small mirror which she uses to scratch her head from time to time
>all she wants to eat is seeds
I've tried giving her fruits and vegetables but just like the toys, she's ignoring and sometimes even avoiding them and only eats seeds and millet
>she refuses to be tamed(?)
I'm not entirely sure about this one as it seems that she's tolerant of my hand for the most part, she lets me pet her and ever rub her belly, even gets on my finger, but jumps off immediately once I try to take her out
>she's not doing anything
By that I mean that she's barely doing parakeet stuff. I've observed her for a week and all she's doing is sit on her stick, play with the mirror from time to time and get down every half an hour to eat millet, rinse and repeat for the rest of the day until bedtime.
I've tried researching behavior like this online but all I've got were sick parrots. I'm 100% sure she's not sick, and when I've asked my friend about it he told me that she's been like this since he bought it.

So you guys are my last option, can you tell me what's up with my bird or if I'm doing something wrong?
>>
>>2843900
Inf.
>>2843891
>and poop, don't forget poop
And bites.
>>
File: 331dx.jpg (815 KB, 3024x4032)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
How often should I flush his nose if he has sinusitis? hes a rescue.
>>
File: r3hu3iqn41nz.jpg (777 KB, 2160x3840)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
Any tips for converting to pellets an 'old' (7 years) cockatiel? I have tried three brands already (Harrison's, Tropican and ZuPreem's fruit flavor) without much results. I have tried feeding him seeds only during the morning and evening and then putting only pellets, with no results. Then I tried decreasing the amount of seeds and putting more pellets, but he largely ignores the pellets. He also eats some veggies and fruits daily, but the vet said that he had gotten too fat from the seeds (he was 108g, now he is 103g), so I have been trying to have him start eating pellets for the last two months without any results.
I have seen people saying that I should take away all food but pellets and let him search for it, but I'm afraid that he would starve himself (which also seems to be a risk of that method).

Any insights?
>>
>>2844014
How long have you had them?
>>
>>2844038
Mine had some cold, and I didn't cleaned his nose at all.
Dunno, Google it, or even better, contact some vet.
>>
>>2844042
I would also like to know this as my budgies refuse pellets even when I take seeds away.
>>
>>2844043
for about a month
>>
>>2844042
Pretend to eat the pellets around him. Birds like to eat when their owners are eating. If he sees you "eating" them he is more likely to try them.
>>
File: tuel.png (207 KB, 398x408)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>2843891
I have three cockatiels.
>>
>>2844014
probably hand raised and doesn't know how to birb. if you want to stimulate her, maybe try trick training if she is food-motivated.
>>
>>2844058
I did that too. He tried them a little, but then went back to ignoring them. Specially after the first days repeating that.
>>
>>2844068
I know one method, but it is pretty cruel. Fill his feeder with pellets only, and do this like for week.
Worked with my parrot, that was eating only sunflower seeds and peanuts...
>>
>>2844070
Yeah, that's the one thing that I'm afraid to try, so I was looking for alternatives. Although I have been told that with cockatiels the maximum is two days before you risk damaging their health.
>>
>>2844071
Don't know about cockatiels, but mine grey african asshole was absolutely fine not eating for 3 days.
>>
>>2837702
No, that's you who keeps saying this in every thread somebody casually mentions punching budgies.
>>
Had anyone ever tried to train a birb to bomb during flight on specific aim?
>>
>>2840866
They are corvids, so they can imitate any sound they want.
>>
>>2844080
>only one person dislikes me shoehorning budgie punch shitposts into every thread
>>
>>2844090
How often we should punch budgie puncher?
>>
>>2844093
as often as humanly possible, for the sake of his health of course
>>
Tell me why I shouldn't get a birb. (negative, boring and disgusting sides of bird keeping)
>>
>>2844100
They can be noisy. And dirty.
>>
File: 20181015_082226.jpg (322 KB, 1112x1466)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
rate my first birb

tag on her (?) leg looks like it has four letters and then "1018" .. does this look like a bird that is only two weeks old? Not sure if I'm reading it correctly or if I'm missing a digit. Don't wanna mess with the leg too much.

Already coming out on my finger and flying around less than 24 hours after bringing her/him home. Tried pushing her against the
perch but doesn't seem to wanna go back in the cage so just sitting on shoulder now..
>>
>>2844100
shit everywhere they fly
loud
require a lot of attention
>>
>>2844107
Cute. I hope you are prepared to love her for the next 20 years.
>>
File: 1536462927195.jpg (17 KB, 442x457)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2844116
haha funny joke anon birbs dont live that lo-
>>
>>2844100
Small birds? Moderately loud. Can be noisy. Pretty messy. Not just poop, but feathers , seed, pellet crumbs and stuff they rip apart end up everywhere. Can live for a long time if they are a small parrot. If I didn't have birds my house would be much tidier, but I suppose that is my fault for letting them free roam a lot. Though even if they are kept in cage, seed feathers and pellet still end up on the floor. Their hormonal bouts can be nasty. You need to know some training basics to bond with the animal quicker. People who don't know what they are doing sometimes claim that it can take months or years to make birds comfortable with their owners. This is false. If you know what you are doing, it should not take too long. Clicker training is key.

Big parrots? Most people cannot handle the responsibility and time needed to keep a parrot. Will probably outlive you. Will be insanely loud. Difficult to train and maintain good relationship with. Very painful bite. Need a lot of attention. Keeping the bird happy will be a full time job. Comparable to keeping a pet monkey, but a monkey that can fly and lives much longer.
>>
>>2844038
We had a 62-year old CAG with a rhinolith (compacted dust/dirt/etc). The vet had to sedate him and remove it. In terms of sinusitis, I'm not a vet and unfortunately haven't come across personally it so can't make any suggestions.
>>
>>2844038
Ask a vet.
>>
>>2844014
My budgie acted the same way when I first got him. Once I got another bird, he was instantly chirping, running around, preening, and in general being a normal budgie. The people I got him from said he mostly liked to be on his own and interact with people (which is true), but he was also always with other birds in the area. It may be a good idea to get her a buddie budgie. They are huge flock animals, so being alone isn't something "normal" for them, which may explain the symptoms. If they aren't handfed or really bondaged to a human it may not see you as a fellow flockmate.
>>
>>2844042
You don't feed seed and pellet separately at seperate times. Mix it up. Mix pellet with seed. Slowly remove seed over time with more pellet. Bird will eventually force himself to eat the pellet. Won't happen overnight. Try roudybush crumble.
>>
>>2844100
Depends on type of bird, obviously.
For mine those things are:
- Bites badly
- Produces too much dust and fluff
- Thinks that I'm designated shitting perch
- Destructive if left unattended in room for longer than 2 minutes
But other than that, he is quite quiet, smart, and not messy at all (or maybe cage has a good design, dunno).
>>2844108
>require a lot of attention
Depends on bird.
Anyway, why would you get a bird, if attention is a problem for you. You better get a plant in this case, they require much less attention than any animal.
>>2844126
>Will be insanely loud.
Depends of bird. Grey Africans are quiet (more-less).
>Difficult to train and maintain good relationship with
Initial steps are quite difficult (at least for CAGs)
>>
>>2844068
For my linnie, I had him sit on my shoulder and pretend to eat a pellet, and then I'd pass him the pellet. It was a nice mix (Tropican). He started to nibble on them and then I just left the pellet mix in there (took away the seed). It might be a good tactic- if you don't give him any seed, and then when you have him out you 'eat' them with him, he may be converted faster.
>>
>>2844100
These are some of the challenges I face when caring for my birds, and they may or may not be doable in your situation. Just for reference, I have two budgies, but also volunteer at an aviary where we have medium-large parrots (macaws, cockatoos, african greys, eclectus, amazons). In the past, I have owned two other budgies, and I have fostered a Meyers parrot and a Linnie.

Smaller birds in pairs or greater are mostly self-sufficient while still being able to interact with you, depending on their training and history and personality.

Larger birds and human-bonded birds can be like a child, in that I mean you have to explicitly teach them how to play with toys and be alone or else they will scream for you when you leave and won't leave you alone when you're there. I hate it personally.

They're expensive - I usually drop 100/month (toys and perches so I can rotate them around, trying to build out-of-cage stations, food, treats).

If you want a hand-raised bird from a reputable breeder (the former is optional for a bred bird, the latter is obligatory), you're looking at around 60 for a budgie and it only goes up from there.

Hard to find people to take care of them when you're away. I'm lucky that I have a friend nearby who's willing to take them for a few weeks if I'm gone, but I'll be travelling for 4 months coming up and will leave them at home. I'm going to have to get a special pass on the train and it may cost more for me to just drop them off. If they weren't my friend, I would have to pay (they run an exotic pet store).

If they have bad habits, they can be excessively loud regardless of the bird.

I have to sweep every day and mop fairly frequently. I don't have carpet, which would make things worse.

There is only one avian vet in my vicinity and they're almost an hour drive away. I don't have a car so I'd be relying on begging from friends in the case of a check-up or an emergency.

They live a long time. Small 10+, large 40-80.
>>
>>2844100
>>2844159
If you're looking at taking a rehome, you can't really know until you have the bird. The budgie I got is adorable and great, the linnie I got was excessively loud and I couldn't break the habit of contact calls, so because of noise complaints, had to rehome.

It happens sometimes. Just make sure to get birds responsibly. I love taking rehomes personally and I'm ok if the bird doesn't want to be on me. It'll depend on what you're looking for and the constraints you have in your life.
>>
>>2844101
>>2844108
>>2844126
>>2844143
>>2844159
So, basically having a birb is not too bad?
The worst part I guess is that they shit on anything and anyone, and can bite.
Dealing with other junk seems to be easy with vacuum cleaner.
>I have to sweep every day and mop fairly frequently. I don't have carpet, which would make things worse
I think carpets are much more difficult to clean, then ceramic tiles, wooden floor or vinyl...
>>
>>2844014
usually, that's normal for a loner budgie with a new owner. it's shy, fearful, anxious with the envt, usually minimal movts inside the cage esp. when someone is around. although it will still depend on the bird's disposition. jewtube some budgies singing, that bird will chirp. just hold it with your hand or use a stick to get it out from the cage. also, whistle or talk to it from time to time to make it more comfy and familiar to you.
>>
>>2844190
>just got first birb
>shat on pants
>shat on shirt
>no chirps yet and is already out and semi-comfy w me
tfw no washing machine tho gotta go to laundromat feelsbadman
>>
>>2844205
Why not to wash by hand? One shirt and pants is not a big deal to wash by hand.
Also I'm not sure if washing machine won't get clogged with shit in long run. (I guess it is not an issue it wash-machine isn't yours)
>>
>>2844208
I could. I've considered buying some cheap portable washer but not sure how I'd dry them. Guess I could hang dry but I'm on a first floor apartment would be weird figuring out a way to dry them outside.
>>
>>2844210
Open window in room, and hand it inside. Will get dry pretty quickly, if climate is dry.
>>
>>2844205
Have a designated bird outfit which you allow to get messy.
>>
>>2844221
Or wear only underwear, since shits are quite easy to remove from skin.
>>
>>2844190
I've just been woken up by my birds screaming. T depends on your tolerance and your neighbors tolerance for noise.
>>
>>2844374
Fuck neighbors, their dog barks all night, and they drill all day
>>
>>2844397
Are you not able to report them for excessive noise and have their dogs taken away?
>>
>>2844406
Yes, but this never works. Plus, bird can compensate for drill and dog, so yeah.
>>
>>2844420
Sounds fair enough.
>>
>>2844432
Why some birds have pink tongue, while others have black?
>>
>have had a nesting pair of ravens on my property for a while now, first really started seeing them last winter
>kept an eye out all year, saw them occasionally over the summer and autumn
>went outside after dinner just now and saw both of them flying in from the field looping over each other, one split left and the other split right calling out to each other the whole time, less than fifty feet up and close enough I could see the 'fingered' wingtips and neck scruff
>getting too dark outside this early to get a good photo and I didn't have my camera with me anyway
>happy I saw them anyway because they always put a smile on my face
>>
>>2844502
Make raven friends.
>>
>>2844190
Sound is the worst about birds if you have neighbors. If you don't live with anyone then knock yourself out.
>>
>>2844511
Bites are worse.
>>
>>2844509
I'd love to, but I'm not sure how other than leaving food out, and peanuts and berries and whatever will no doubt attract other, less friendly animals, like the bears that tend to wander around. So for now they keep to the skies and I keep to the ground, camera in hand, hoping they'll land close enough that my telephoto can reach. Once the leaves fall off the trees a bit more it'll be easier to track them and see if they have a nest up in the same spot again.
>>
>>2844525
>bears
I never lived in such areas, can't recommend anything.
I'd simply give them some food. I never dealt with ravens, but hooded crows and
western jackdaws in cities/suburban areas will pick up food relatively fast, but they will never come close, unless they are used to it.
>>
>>2840255
Is the female eating its baby?
>>
>>2844226
>Fat smelly neckbeard hangs out with his pet bird exclusively in his yellow and brown stained underwear.
I'm sure anon is a decent guy and at least has the basics of hygiene down, but I just can't shake this image from my head now.
>>
>>2844655
>Fat smelly neckbeard hangs out with his pet bird exclusively in his yellow and brown stained underwear.
And covered with bird shit.

Reality is, that you should take a shower anyway after being shitted, no matter if you wear shirt, or not. Fabrics aren't waterproof, thus changing only shirt will not do shit.
Caveman outfit has obvious drawbacks. First - you're being shitted directly. Second - claws are sharp, and if you have weak skin - you'll bleed. Thirds - it looks just weird.
>>
>>2844517
From a macaw, yeah. Otherwise it mostly depends on where they bite and what kind of bird. Fleshy spots hurt like hell, but in general I find the pinching beaks are worse than the bigger beaks.

In terms of big birds, I've been bitten by an umbrella cockatoo, a moluccan cockatoo, CAG, a few eclectus, a senegal, and a galah cockatoo. The moluccan felt like he was trying to snap my arm in half, but it was mostly pressure, not pain. The umbrella was trying to remove my thumb from my hand, and that one hurt after, but mostly pressure in the moment.

The most painful bites I've had were actually from the stupid galah because it pinches, the stupid eclectus because she bit me in my armpit, and the stupid senegal because he bit the underside of my wrist.
>>
>>2844439
I dunno. Not sure if the color of the tongue has a purpose.
>>
>>2840255
Seeing them fail so hard is kind of funny. But I sympathize for the baby
>>
>>2842615
Use egg crate. Won't look nice but would do the trick. Could paint it or something.
>>
Ey this birb looks like a gundam, I wanna cop
>>
>>2844717
Probably.
Mine likes to remove ears. In general, he doesn't bite, unless I'm trying to pet him or just touch.
But most painful bites occur when he loses balance.
>>2844882
CAGs can crush plastic, without any problem.
>>
>>2844502 here again.
>lying in bed trying to get a couple hours sleep after staying up all night like an asshole
>hear raven shouting its head off outside
>hrmggh let me sleep
>give up, throw slippers, pants and a jacket on, grab camera, go outside
>ground is all crunchy from frost
>look up
>motherfucker is perched in a leafless tree ten feet behind the house, huge and black and KRAWNK KRAWNKing like it was going out of style
>raise camera
>see him through viewfinder
>adjust myself slightly to see around a stupid branch in my way, press shutter release halfway to focus
>raven immediately flies off further into the woods, calls fading and across the property line
I'm not even mad. They're toying with me now.
>>
>>2845015
Yep, all corvids are assholes.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.