[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest Final Round - 4chan Pass users can now vote on one of the top 20 entries!

File: BirdDeclines-small.jpg (112 KB, 500x700)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>want to adopt a rabbit from a shelter
>turns out all the shelters within a 100 mile radius are run by insufferable catfaggots who use funds to support feral colonies and provide health care to pest animals no one wants
welp, guess i'll just go to a pet store
>>
>>2839792
Some idiot bitch was trying to tell me once that neautering/spaying and releasing cats is a better way to control cat populations than just shooting the fuckers on sight. What an idiot bitch.
>>
>want to adopt a dog because idiots keep telling me that puppy mills are inhumane
>log onto petfinder
>age = puppy
>9/10 is a fucking x + pitbull mix in my area
Fuck...
>>
>>2839795
This I'm seriously considering moving to either new Zealand or Australia and just to go fully Ape on cats, don't care if they are stray, feral or owned. It's time we stand up for wildlife.

I'm gonna have me some god damn cat lampshades by the time I'm done with them
>>
>>2839847
>kills others' pet cats
I hope you're prepared to take a 12 gauge slug to the chest.
>>
File: shrawk.gif (268 KB, 400x225)
268 KB
268 KB GIF
>>2839847
>>
>>2839857
My aunt's outdoor cat has 2 confirmed cat kills. Although to be fair one was a young kitten and the other was a fairly smaller cat.
>>2839792
OP where are you from where you can't find rabbits? Shelter by me has 34 of them and actually started putting them on death row because not enough demand for them.
>>
>>2839857
Just meant those shitty owners that let them free roam, if I saw a cat chasing a kea though I'm damn well going to shoot it, only around 1000 of them left.
>>
>>2839792
>muh poor birdies, rodents, n rabits :C
Stop.
>>
>>2839935
>muh stinky, worthless, fag animal
>>
>>2839935
>it doesn't matter that an invasive species is genociding the native ecosystem because it's cute
Is this bait, or is your brain just >90% toxoplasma at this point?
>>
>>2840241
why don't you go back to Africa then faggot?
>>
>>2840254
>t.toxoplasmosis
>>
>>2839792
The reason why cats are bad isn't just because they kill wild animals but also because they spread disease everywhere.
>>
>>2839792
I don't buy it. I let my cats out in the backyard and they've never killed a bird. There's been at least a half dozen fly smack into the window and break their fool necks tho.
>>
>>2840365
Cool anecdote bro
>>
>>2839813
legitimatebreeder.exe
>>
>>2839813
Unless you want dogs on hard mode you won't want to adopt a puppy. No idea how big they will get, what they may be prone to both medically and behaviorally, you'll have to work at training on all sides.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>They live in areas with no birds of prey
>>
>>2839857
About 10 years ago, I bought a farm that ended up being near 4 crazy cat feeders who each had massive 50+ individual cat colonies. Since then I've killed over 250 feral cats, completely stopping genetic exchange between these local cat colonies, which has lead to the complete collapse due to inbreeding of 3 of the colonies. The keeper of the fourth colony goes out and buys a new Tom every time I kill her current one, so she's avoided this, but is down to under 20 individuals. The bird and amphibian biodiversity has exploded (I'm far enough north that all I get for reptiles are painted turtles, snapping turtles, redbelly snakes and garter snakes). Feral cats and outdoor cats not on their "owner's" property are not considered owned in the eyes of the law. If you want to be the instigator of a gunfight over an animal with the same legal status as a Norway Rat, in the slim chance that some toxoinfested cretin's disease addled reflexes and hand eye coordination don't result in their immediate BTFOing, the law is going to fuck them long and hard.
>>
>>2839813
if you can find a lab/pitbull, they tend to be pretty chill. they cancel eachother out.
>>
>>2840767
I have hawks all over the place and sometimes find what looks like cat fur in my back yard.
>>
>>2840784
>pet cats
reading comprehension, sadistic fuck
>>
>>2840784
Thank you for your service, anon. Have they tried to find you?
>>
>>2840888
How is he sadistic?
>>
>>2839792
>thinking cats are the leading cause of bird deaths when the House Sparrow exists and is one of the most invasive species on the planet

jej
>>
>>2840888
Preserving biodiversity over one species with abhorrent overpopulation is sadistic?
>>
>>2840962
>ignores that cats are also an extremely invasive species
>>
>>2840888
Outdoor cats that are not on their "owner's" property are not considered owned and unowned cats are not pets.
>>2840945
Not really, the one neighbor asked me about it and accepted it when I said that I don't tolerate feral cats on my property because I don't want them to spread disease to my animals. Another neighbor brought up that cats were disappearing in a township meeting and was told to dig through coyote scat for collars by most of the audience.
>>2840962
I kill those too, mostly by using trap birdhouses and then breaking their necks after verifying that they aren't bycatch.
>>
>>2841318
Thank you, sincerely.
>>
>>2840784
fucking based, cat genocide now. how are you getting them?
>>
File: reslidermap.jpg.jpg (557 KB, 1228x736)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>2840784
>I'm far enough north
You know RES are also incredibly invasive in a lot of the US right? They aren't supposed to be very far north
>>
>>2842237
My painted turtles aren't RES, but rather Chrysemys picta.

And I'm north of all those recorded incidents.
>>2842201
Mostly .22 lr.
>>
>>2842253
marry me?
>>
>>2840784
Get AIDS and die
>>
>>2842331
Toxopozzer turns out to be a regular pozzer too. Who would have guessed?

Go lick your own asshole in the middle of a highway at night like the vermin you love.
>>
File: 1533582023073.jpg (189 KB, 1024x576)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
cat killer 9000
>>
>>2839792
>using birds as a coverup for irrational hate of cats

Get fucked.
>>
>>2840784
I can tell you browse /pol/
>>
>>2843013
>using facts, figures and logic
>irrational
This is your brain on toxoplasmosis
>>
File: ic-2208.png (102 KB, 416x446)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>2839792
>Hates felines
>Wants to adopt rabbits
>Rabbits are also pests

wew lad
>>
>>2843043
>everything I don't like is /pol/
>>
>>2843113
>see how he recoils, how injured he is
>>
>>2843147
>see how easily offended the special snowflake is, and the only recourse is to blame le ebil nazis
>>
>>2843013
I've increased my feral cat feeding activity specifically because of this shitlord OP. All the native wildlife must die in the name of our feline masters.
>>
>>2843043
Haven't been there since HWNDU, and had better never participated there before, just browsed while election results came in and such; I went there specifically for that saga.

But I've been a /k/ poster since 06, and also frequent /fit/, /out/, and /tg/.

There was a new Tom on the trail cameras last night, I wonder if he'll be dumb enough to stick around?
>>
>>2843165
cringe
>>
>>2843165
based
>>
>>2840263
Ikr?
Let's kill all cats. Something like the black death could never happen again.
>>
>>2843242
low iq post
>>
>>2843242
Cats didn't prevent the black death and if you're the kind of Wiccan that unironically believes that Christians depopulated Europe, China, India, and the Levant of cats prior to the black death as part of some "burning time" prior to the Christian Reformation, I'm going to have to ask you to carry a millstone across the bottom of Lake Superior as recompense for your oxygen theft.
>>
>>2843169
Anyone want to see the feral grey that wasn't smart enough to get off my property?
>>
>>2843388
yeah, post it
>>
File: L.O.L.gif (564 KB, 800x430)
564 KB
564 KB GIF
>>2839792
>live in a southern suburb, and plenty of people own cats
>cats know not to stray too far or get eaten by foxes/coyotes
>those that do hunt birds are too fat to be a threat, and quite lazy
>mfw we have plenty of birds and cats living alongside eachother in some weird man-made sustaining ecosystem
>>
>>2843438
That's one mangy looking cat.
>>
>>2843443
It's got a clipped ear, and an empty sack, it's been caught, neutered, released. Didn't know that stupidity had reached out this far.

About 10 lbs, in pretty decent health, but kinda flea-bitten.
>>
Jesus Christ you people are redneck fucks
>>
>>2843445
>Didn't know that stupidity had reached out this far.
how far is that?
>>
>>2843438
lmao that tipped ear
what a fucking waste
>>
>>2843438
can't wait to see the liveleak video where you end up the same way.
>>
>>2843445
>TNR

What a fucking waste, can anyone explain the logic here? Why do all that work and then just re-release them into the wild? For what purpose?
>>
>>2843496
>For what purpose?
they consume resources that would otherwise feed breeding animals.
>>
>>2843503
I mean re-releasing cats, an invasive species, into ecosystems. Why? Why not just promote the proliferation of natural predators native to those ecosystems?
>>
>>2843496
They think that the fixed toms will hold a territory and exclude breeding toms from that territory, reducing cat populations. The problem is that

1. Cats tolerate each other
2. Most feral cats breed where people feed them, in cat colonies
And 3. In a fight, an intact Tom will drive out the fixed Tom, even if the fixed Tom has had medical care and consistent food prior to his release, because Testosterone is a hell of a drug.

Also that they don't TSR the female cats, they just release them, due to the increased risk of morbidity for female cats being inhumane.

It's feel good nonsense for soccer moms.
>>
>>2843507
oh, you think cats are consuming NATURAL resources.

that's funny

your city isn't an ecosystem. That anon's yard isn't an ecosystem. Cats aren't invasive there.
>>
>>2843468
Put it this way, it's 50 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart, and I woke up to snow this morning.
>>2843495
You're welcome to try, princess.
>>
>>2843512
>You're welcome to try, princess.
he doesn't have to, there's a strong likelihood you'll eat that gun at some point in the near future.

>it's 50 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart, and I woke up to snow this morning.
you're my neighbor then.

I don't really care if you shoot cats on your own property, it's your right to do so. I just wanted to see if you're stupid enough to post your location and face the consequences of your actions.

you're a pussy, but I guess I would be too.
>>
>>2843514
Why are you trying to doxx this guy?
>>
>>2839795

Wait, neutering is better because then you don't get new males taking over and breeding. Big ol fixed cat will still act like a tom and keep the youngins away from his girls.
>>
>>2843531
because he's a /b/tarded toxopozzed catfaggot
do you even think?
>>
>>2841034
If he cared about that he would also kill humans
>>
>>2843924
I don't understand the catfag logic of blaming humans for all the evils of the world while giving cats a pass on their own part in ecological destruction and defending their pointless slaughter of billions of native animals. Very bizarre logic.
>>
>>2843932
cats didn't build boats and planes and then travel all around the world to invade new places.

You're a retard that blames animals for being animals. You should probably just kill yourself if you think that's logical.
>>
>>2844010
Why are feral cats okay but feral dogs are a problem, by your logic?
>>
>>2843924
>sees no difference between a cat and another human being
>>
>>2844016
I didn't say either one is ok, you fucking idiot.

I said it's not their fault they're a problem. It's yours and mine.
>>
>>2843398
>my specific exception is the golden standard

Tell me anon, does this place have spiders, too? OR DO YOU SPIN YOUR OWN WEB OF LIES?!
>>
>>2844025
yours is the lie.

cats kill billions of birds every year in North America, but billions of birds isn't a significant fraction of the bird population of North America.

they have no effect on the number of birds around because birds reproduce and there's dozens of billions of them that die every year of old age whether cats eat them or not.
>>
>>2843531
>Why are you trying to doxx this guy?
same reason he shoots cats

I don't want dangerous vermin shitting up my neighborhood
>>
>>2839847
fuck off we're full

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.