[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: PIKA.jpg (154 KB, 720x960)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Previous thread >>9990240
>Fandom Weekend crashed and burned, only to throw more oil onto the fire and finishing it off with a nuke that took out all of their social media channels and website.
>KyoCon got announced: October 14th in Den Bosch
>Jaapcon announces Jaapcon 2: December 28th in Beverwijk.
>Discount versions of famous cosplayers.
>TomoFair happened. Oddly enough a similiar event calle Japanse Markt took place the same day at the same location. Also shit was dark inside.
>Visual Kei talk.
>Anon learns these threads go slow once summer is over.
>Some vagueposting about cheating in a most likes win contest.
>A nice Dutch convention history lesson
>Anon is tired of the current photography hypes
>Bowsettes, Bowsettes everywhere!
>Facebook now hides lolita groups due to the word lolita
>FACTS, FirstLook and Elfia happened. No news is good news?
>Oiled 2booty

The five next major events:
>KyoCon (October 14th, Den Bosch NB): A music event for charity with cosplay.
>MGC Experience (October 20th, Amsterdam NH): Back from the dead, it's the MGC Experience!
>Tweakers.net Gaming Live (November 9th - 11th, Den Bosch NB): A gaming con with massive money prices for the cosplay competition.
>Castlefest Winter Edition (November 24th & 25th, Lisse ZH): The winter edition of everyone's favorite con that combines castles and fests.
>Heroes DCC (November 24th & 25th, Utrecht UT): The winter edition of Heroes Comic Con.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and move on.
>When hosting a convention, don't forget to actually pay your venue in advance to avoid cancellation
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
File: 00 - all in one.png (308 KB, 2171x680)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>Heroesdome gets announced somewhere early 2018.
>Commits contract breach with the Gelredome and proceed to get sued by them according to the Algemeen Dagblad.
>Swap venues to the Brabanthallen along with a new date and allegedly tell dealers they wont get a refund if they can't come on the new date.
>They receive a C&D letter from Heroes due to having a confusing similar name.
>Note: Heroes holds an European trademark on the name Heroes since 2016 and are fully in their right here.
>Cancel the convention and break all ties with the Brabanthallen after receiving said letter.
>Post a sob story on how you are bullied and forced to quit by a large con, but luckily found another organisation called Fandom Weekend to take over your idea.
>Note: Fandom Weekend has the same owner and address as Heroesdome.
>5 days before the con, a Belgian blog leaks how Fandom Weekend won't happen and had scammed dealers.
>Fandom Weekend tries to save face by claiming they did book the venue and posts an email to proof it.
>Said email only contained a proposed weekend, not a confirmation.
>Fandom Weekend gets called out on this and asked for more proof, only to get evasive answers and accusations in return.
>Get reminded this not how PR works along a way out before shit hits the fan.
>Ignore said reminder and refuse to take the way out.
>CosplayNL joins the fun.
>Shit hits the fan.
>The venue flat out confirms Fandom Weekend won't be happening due to a contract breach.
>Starts banning everyone on social media who asks about the event being cancelled.
>Dutch Garrison and guests drops the event because Fandom Weekend isn't responding to them.
>Fandom Weekend deletes all social media accounts and nukes their website.
>Brainfreeze publishes a second article about dealers getting scammed.
>Still no information about ticket and stand refunds.
>Paylogic has been notified of Fandom Weekend being a scam and is currently investigating.
Best convention saga of 2018!
>>
>>10009212
>>CosplayNL joins the fun.
Especially one of the jury members of KyoCon. Good PR by the way.
>>
>>10009228
Has nothing to do with Kyocon's PR lmao. Besides, it was already shit to begin with so who honestly cares
>>
>>10009231
In a way she has something to do with the event as part of the PR? lmao It doesn't matter to me, it is not my party.
>>
>>10009235
It's not like she commented anything weird or bad though, in my honest opinion. Just let her be, literally nobody gives a shit. If it doesn't matter, don't comment.
>>
>>10009631
>Well, would be a bit weird to organise a music event for deaf people.
Well such an event does exists: MuteSounds.
>>
>>10009212
>Fandom Weekend owner tries to shift the blame to the venue with a long incoherent rant and random emails on their website.
>Nowhere does it include a contract or agreement that confirms they booked the venue, only plans.
>Openly admits to not paying the mandatory prepayment to the venue.
>Also says the previous attempt in the Brabanthallen got cancelled as they couldn't work out a price for the venue.
So here's an idea and this may sound ludicrous. Next time, try securing your date and venue and actually pay the venue before you do any marketing.

On a curious side note, how do the other cons do this? Do they usually secure their date and location before announcing anything, or do they announce shit right away and pray things go as imagined?
>>
50/50
>>
Fandom Weekend at this point is honestly such a big joke. The documents they put on their website don't proof anything either. This guy should really stop organizing events, my god.
>>
>>10009661
Well usually you have a business plan for a first-time con, you get a short-term loan to pay for the venue, then when things go well you pay off the loan with your income from tickets and vendors.
And older cons obviously have income from previous editions that can pay for the venue (or get an invoice from the venue afterwards, as they are already trustworthy/have a long term contract with the venue)
>>
>>10009633
You know deaf people can still enjoy music. Just not in the way we enjoy it.
>>
>>10009661
First dates and payment plans then ticket sales.
An event like abunai and animecon that has been at a location for a couple of years usually pay in parts leading up to the convention and after the convention.
New events will have to fork over a larger percentage ahead of time and pay 100% before the opening.
Which is hard if you are a broke Otaku.
>>
>>10009696
No bank or financial broker will lend you money to pay for a convention.
Let's put it this way, I'm friends with organizers of Abunai, Animecon and Nishicon. None really make a profit.
Most events are happy to break even with a marginal "in case of emergency budget"

So if you don't have atleast 20k lying around the place don't organize an event. Most of the tickets sales will be last minute so you can't depend on the ticket sales to pay for everything as you go along.
This was Viencons biggest problem with paying for the location.
>>
About the Fandom weekend, I strongly got the feeling when I was approached by them to become a dealer there, that something was off.

https://drimble.nl/postcode/4901HW/
Looking at the adress where the company is registered that is hosting the event, I saw that there are MANY small companies registered on that very same adress, AND I found out that Fandom Events B.V was started at 15 th of June 2018, that is quite a short time ago.

It all seemed very fishy, for that very reason I declined the offer to become a dealer. Also the price they asked was way too high.... It sucks for the other people that jumped the bandwagon. The do deserve their money back, all of it. You just can't breach a contract.

Also displaying someones name out in the open and claiming a person did something, can be deemed defamation.

Back to Kyocon, it's done by some students and you should really cut some slack. They are doing a fine job, and just want to do something nice and Cosplay-ish. They work really hard and I must say it is pretty impressive they did so much at short notice. With the extremely limited resources they had, they did manage to set up a small event
>>
>>10009661
Or like Tomo, confirm a date for Tomofair Rotterdam, let dealers pay almost a year in advance, switch location 5 times and then last minute come up with a gymhall kilometres away from the original location.....
>>
All the cosplay girls doing the jizz mouth pose are so off-putting. I wonder if they realize what the pose implies.
>>
>>10010046
You mean the dead-meme ahegao?
>>
>>10010046
Well they got to build a fanbase somehow. I rather see that than a pimply pudding butt on stage
>>
>>10010046
As soon as the cum tributes start coming in they will probably realize desu
>>
>>10009918
>You should really cut some slack.

The moment they decided to hold a cosplay related event they KNEW people we're going to give their own opinions and thoughts about it. In my opinion they probably could've done way more. I really don't think it's impressive what they did. It's dumb that 1 out of a group of 4 actually knows what cosplay is.
>>
So apparently Dress Up Town's singer got kicked out?
>>
>>10010391
Two members actually due to "creative differences". I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to them cancelling their performance at Abunai last minute.
>>
>>10009918
The weird thing is that the newspaper article actually mentions only 3 people organizing it while their site says 4. Did one of them already realized this is a big fail and jumped the wagon before it crashes and burns?
>>
>>10010403
I was wondering the relevance of the news until you mentioned that they perform at abunai. Whether they disband or not, they better make a decision a while before their planned performances. It would be a shame to have any last minute cancellations besides just abunai

As for the kyocon group, had they decided to do a more pronounces project. It might’ve gone better.
Does anyone have a screenshot or picture of the news article?
>>
>>10010036
Not this same story again.
>>
>>10010471
It was posted in the previous thread. But there's an online version of it as well.
> https://www.bd.nl/s-hertogenbosch/voor-het-goede-doel-verkleed-als-je-favoriete-personage~abf9cbb6/
>>
>>10010419
True, their site mentions Bob, Gwen, Julia and Dennis. But in the newspaper article there's no mention of this Dennis at all.
>>
Damn, if it is true that most people loan money to pay the venue first, that is a HUGE risk! Hearing this it seems a miracle we even have returning events on a regular basis!

Look any event should actually break even at least 50% of the max capacity of visitors. This is a number often used for concerts and cinemas. The higher the number, the more difficult it is to get this target, and be able to pay back the initial loan with interest.

Look, if the host of the event has some experience and can actually show that enough people will show up, than you can easily increase the number and invest the money in things such as more entertainment, decoration, marketing etc. However for first time events, you have no baseline and have zero proof you can get to that number. Many try, many fail, unfortunately....
>>
>>10010419
>>10010486
So apparently they got a tendency of leaving people out or something? They just posted their 'programme' on the KyoCon FB page. It included both an introduction about Shiokuro and Raylon, but they didn't put Xiuemi on it. Weird... I'd feel shitty if they'd forgot about me lol
>>
>>10010500
Maybe it’s an opportunity for her to leave the entire shitfest now to cut the name out of her life. For once no more negativity around her name because let’s be honest, even formula would’ve been nicer to attach your name to.
>>
>>10010582
Formula Cosplay? Wait.. there wasn't an edition this year, right? Will it ever get a new edition?
>>
>>10010603
Nope. Have not heard anything about it since 2017. Let’s leave it that way
>>
>>10010614
Good idea!
>>
>>10010391
>>10010403
>>10010471
There is a show planned tomorrow at FantasyFest.. ehhhh....
>>
But is there

Probably cancelled.
>>
>>10010391
Good, she was ita af.
>>
Wonder if anything is happening at Evoluon right now.
Any drama at the door from fandom weekend?
>>
>>10010944
Its apparent fandom weekend didnt cancel their guests, those unfortunate enough who didnt have people to warn them actually travelled to the netherlands
>>
>>10010972
Well, that's one way to assure no one wants to do business with you anymore in the future. Just as convention goers talk to eachother so do agents, dealers and event hosts. You can bet your ass his name is now on some blacklist...
>>
Moshi Moshi announced a Christmas Fair which will take place at the same time and place as the notoriously bad Amsterdam Sushi Festival. That's all.
>>
Woah Saku really turned into a toth. Showing her ass and getting sponsored by that shitty wig shop.
>>
>>10011004
What's with cosplayers showing off their saggy ass these days?
First bobita and now saku
>>
>>10010471
I think I saw them being scheduled for a show at MGC next week, though they did announce in a message that they already have a new singer. Myu got kicked out because they wanted to replace her.
>>
>>10011053
I'm not sad about that. Her singing, while decent, missed out on the high notes and "lange halen". I enjoyed DUT's version of Hero at Nishi this year.
>>
#NotMyDressUpTown
>>
>>10011048
People are hungry for attention and they want to please their f*ckboy-audience, so that is why she probably shows her ass
>>
>>10011048
She's going to ruin The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is worse.
>>
File: file_d6e3701448_original.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1367)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Do people actually buy this shit
>>
>>10011247
I am getting dizzy when I watch this photo in fullsize.
>>
>>10011247
That's worse than all the cliche Pinterest wall quotes I've ever seen. Is that her art?
>>
>>10011404
sadly, yes.
>>
>>10011173
Don't tell me she's going to sexualize a fucking kids movie
>>
>>10011415
didnt linny basically already do that.
>>
Is was wondering when Saku would be mentioned on 4chan again. Took longer than expected.

Honestly all this bitching about a little ass being shown? She’s just wearing the original costume. Just cover your virgin eyes if you can’t handle it or unfollow them.

Besides it’s not like she’s only doing that stuff.. in the meantime she brings out other sick costumes and is working on a full armored Johanna from Diablo.
>>
>>10011607
Nice whiteknighting
If she wants to go down the momokun road, that's her own decision, doesn't mean everyone has to like it. I'd rather see cool progress and costumes than someone's bare mediocre ass
>>
So anyone actually going to kyocon today? I’ve never seen anyone promote herself so unshamefully through their own event. She is really becoming a parody of herself. I’d really love to hear how it went.
>>
>>10011607
You’re right!
She really doesn’t! Lol!
If you call her terrible makeup skills and shitty crafting good, you need an appointment with your local eye doctor
>>
>>10011629
You can say a lot about her but she’s not a bad cosplayer. Why the fuck would she and her former team have been selected at ECG if she was. If you’re gonna hate then hate with a valid reason and not just some sad vendetta argument.
>>
>>10011629
Lol if being a bad cosplayer means getting to work with companies like Blizzard Bethesda and Coca Cola then where do I learn to be trash like that? Sign me up fem
>>
>>10011623
Sad thing is, her aela cosplay tutorial is hidden behind a paywall. I feel like she needs to make money or something when the team split up. Was hakan the sugar daddy of the group?
>>
>>10011634
Tutorial, training, course, I don't see a problem paying for that?
>>
>>10011636
30 a month for 1 tutorial? I can buy patterns on etsy for 5 max.
>>
>>10011640
It’s not just patterns she offers more in one tier which makes it understandable that she puts a higher price up.
>>
>>10011640
I don't follow this chick, so I didn't know how much she asks for such things. But it is probably a combination of other things?
>>
The Saku whiteknights are going at their best, I see
>>
File: desutown.png (423 KB, 551x467)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
seems like they changed quick.
>>
>>10011659
They performed yesterday at Fantasy Fest Rijswijk.
>>
>>10011660
Wouldn't be the first lie MGC tells. Just look at their website which still features stolen pictures of a foreign convention and E3 renders booth renders to mislead people into believing the gameroom is huge...
>>
>>10011661
The website design looks like that from Tomo as well. If you check the 'Privacy Verklaring', it states it is Stichting Tomo.
>>
File: wat.png (448 KB, 560x388)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
more conventions for 2018. the ride never ends.
>>
>>10011672
Oh no.. you better start your hibernation.
>>
>>10011640
I dont know what is more pathetic, cosplayers that use Patreon or people who support this cosplayers...
>>
There were 60 peeps at kyocon max, a quarter left by now. Xiu emi is NOWHERE to be seen. Typical. Inbetween events deshima is empty
>>
How did they even get to 60. Was expecting half of that desu.
>>
File: 20181014_143254.jpg (1.73 MB, 2064x1585)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
Also, thanks for tomo for sponsoring kyocon!
>>
>>10011683
Can't blame her imo. I wouldn't want to go to such an event either and have my name stuck on it. Honestly, I think she's in her right with this one.
>>
>>10011716

I dont know why but maybe she did cancel later on. Not that she missed much from what i read here. She wasnt put on their final flyer. Guess must been some bad planning etc. seeing their pr was last minute and now their armbands are from Tomo.
>>
>>10011683
Maybe she cancelled. Shiokuro said her guests were allowed to cancel anytime.
>>
File: Behind this mask.jpg (271 KB, 796x560)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>10011708
>>
>>10011676
I would pay for cosplayers that add to cosplay, so for tutorials, cmvs etc all within reason. I wouldn't pay for doing twitch streams, lewd pictures or other thot things. Patreon doesn't care about the content of their users as long as they get a nice amount of money out of it.
>>
>>10011708
Seriously? A Tomo wristband? Jesus Christ..
>>
>>10011741

Ofcourse they dont. Easy money for patreon and the people who upload. Sex sells so its logical a sub culture comes within cosplay. Your single, want your waifu in 3D with double D so you pay for a patreon who has this 'unique' content.

Just like Kyocon proves. Even if its a small number that shows up, they still pay and show up. Enough people dont care about quality. As long as its a con or some "geek" thot someone will spend money.
>>
>>10011741
We have plenty of good Dutch cosplayers doing exactly that for free, it's not like Saku's crafting or content is that exceptional
>>
The only thing is that most people in the dutch coscom seem to have 0 standards when it comes to cons. If their friends are there its basically a succes. They can litterally hold a con on a garbagebelt and dutch coscom will still call the con amazing. The same will happen now to kyocon. Even tho if was absolutely garbage and most left early everyone will still be going like it was lots of fun wil def go again next year!

And really whats up with the tomotickets wristbands?? Did she went through the trash at tomo and collect them? I dont get it..
>>
>>10011672
That is a meeting who calls itself a "con"
>>
>>10011808
From what I got she was an intern for a while helping with Tomo after which she organized this convention for a school grade. Kept connections with Tomo / asked for advice. Tomo was keen to help.
Having to have wristbands or any proof of entry seems like an afterthought. Those paper annoyances can't be expensive to print with your own con name... One point of their grade?
>>
>>10011857
There's no way those wristbands are expensive. I Googled and you can get about a 100 wristbands for €25, depending at what store you'll get them. Since they probably only needed around 60 of them, it'd cost them even less. Proves again how much of an effort she put in her shitty school project.
>>
Why does everyone seem to think Patreon is a store front where one purchases goods and services for an appropriate fee? Patreon is meant for creators to receive reliable donations from their fans to support the content they make. The things you get in return are simply bonuses for being a generous supporter. Obviously it might get crazy if for a $50 tier all you give as a reward is a signed photo or whatever, but even then, it's still purely a voluntary donation, and if you don't deem that worth it, don't pledge, or pledge a lower amount if you still want to support your favorite creators. Why get so worked up over that? I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>10011867
No, it doesn't work like that.
If you promise content for a tier, you have to deliver. The moment you create a "this for that", it becomes a storefront.
>>
>>10011990
There are two types of pledges. One is a monthly subscription where you pay creators per month. The other is a content subscription where you pay creators for certain creations.

Why else do you think lewd cosplayers make the largest amount of money/have the most patrons? They offer a monthly amount of pictures. Not because they are such nice girls and deserve to be paid for doing nothing
>>
>>10011857
>>10011865
When I asked about the explanation of the wrist bands + the 'tomo helped us out' shoutout at the opening ceremony it really clicked for me they where advertising tomo. I shouldve been more subtle with asking about it because the personal explanation I got was incredibly defensive. They couldve just admitted it was sponsored by tomo, but no.
>>
>>10012098
I wonder why they'd be so defensive about it. There's literally nothing wrong with admitting Tomo sponsored and helped out with the event. Just be honest if your visitors ask. It's really a bit of a low-blow.
>>
I heard kyocon was total shit and many left early. Xiuemi didn’t show up either but I guess that was actually a good choice from her. We really don’t need people using their school projects as an excuse to start shitty cons. We have enough of them as it is with tomo and all.
>>
>>10011990
No one's saying anything about not having to deliver. What I'm saying is that complaining about "this is not worth $30" or "they're not even good so why", about a patreon, is silly, as the value is subjective. You're basically acting as an employer, paying the cosplayer, or whoever, for content. If you don't deem what the creator delivers worth it, you don't support it.

You're not entirely wrong in that a "this for that" by definition is sort of a storefront, but that simply isn't the core philosophy behind it. People don't just support someone like Sakimichan because they want to buy her NSFW art, there's plenty NSFW art out there for free, they pay her specifically, because they want to see *her* art, and admire it enough that they'd support her so she can keep making more for them. At least that's how I see it.
>>
Just posting to say I'm not Dutch, but your threads are so delightful and well organized that I enjoy reading them. Polite sage for irrelevancy.
>>
When your con is so dead you have to revive it with a carameldansen workshop.
Yes, that's exactly how boring Kyocon was. The entire venue consisted out of a bagroom, a café, the entrance hall and a room with the "main stage" that was occupied by Deshima.
There were only two activities (+that carameldansen workshop but we don't count that one as that's the most desperate attempt at hosting an activity I ever witnessed). These activities were the lipsync battle, which was cringy as always and the cosplay catwalk. And guess what? Both were a flop because this main stage was so small you could barely even turn around. The dj booth took in most of the space which left no space at all for the contestants. It's a miracle no one fell off the stage to be honest.
I wish I could write more about Kyocon, but there isn't anything left for me to talk about. That was just the entire convention. I am very curious to what grade they will get out of it, because if I were their teacher, I would give them a 6 at most. They didn't hit their 100 visitor target, no one was to be found at Deshima (while this should've been a music event) and nearly everyone left before the end. Yes, it's very ambitious to host a con, but that doesn't mean you should let them off easy. For the amount of bragging Shiokuro did, the event was a major failure. Even Tomofair is a better excuse for a convention than this. It's hilarious to me some people still say they had a good time. I bet they only say it to please our self proclaimed cosplay queen Shiokuro.
>>
I heard xiuemi had "car trouble"
And that she just didn't want to use public transport to come. The whole day she was trying to fix the car so she could still come, guess that car never got fixed in the end.
>>
>>10012530
>Can't make it due to car troubles
>Refuse to take public transport despite the venue only a short walk from a major train station
Dedication is hard to find these days...
>>
>>10012530
I mean, to be fair, I don't blame her? I can imagine your car is way more of a priority than a wannabe con/school project. It's easy to jump to conclusions but I think I'd done the same lol
>>
>>10012530
First Xiuemi doesn't appear on the program.
Then she has "car trouble".
And then she just doesn't show up at all. Sounds a bit fishy. Something else going on behind the scenes?
>>
>>10012530
>>10012532
I cant help but feel she aborted. It was clear that suddenly some cosplay guests seemed to fall out of the whole ordeal. A few days before the event she suddenly seemed to have bailed it.

Which is so ironic, given how incredibly active she was in the Fandom Weekend drama talk on facebook
>>
>>10012502
With deshima literally being empty all the time they believed we didn't know how to dance so they did the cringiest lecture they could've come up with. Caramel dancing
>>
>>10012537
That Fandom Weekend talk literally has nothing to do with this. There's no link at all. I really don't think we should jump to conclusions. If she had trouble with her car, then so be it. If she bailed the event, then that's all for her. I wouldn't want to have my name stuck to such a shitfest either. Maybe there's more stuff going on, but we can't talk unless we know facts.
>>
desu even if she bailed, public transport is expensive and if kyocon was as bad with their pr and management as it was for all their other businesses, why would xiuemi have to spent money on transport when she already has to pay for car repairs. i don't believe for a second the con would've paid for transport so i wouldn't even be surprised if they ditched her when they heard of her car troubles
>>
>>10012530

Sounds like.. you know.. car trouble. It was an event of a few hours. Not a convention for a whole weekend like Animecon. I would wait for my car to be fixed as you never know how expensive it can get instead of spending much more to visit an empty party.
>>
>>10012541
From what I heard the organisation already spent most of their money on Deshima anyway. No way they could've affort to pay for transport. Besides, if I was Xiuemi, I would've bailed as well. BFF or not, no one wants to be seen as a guest on such a pathetic cosplay meet.
>>
>>10012541
Exactly this. Who says Kyocon didn't ditch Xiuemi? Wouldn't surprise me the organizer just would've done that, seeing how she handled everything else surrounding the event.
>>
>>10012541

Why would they pay for her? Both those judges are her friends so how much of a guest were they. She put herself as guest so she doesnt seem to have a high standard.
>>
>>10012549
Because usually as a guest you get some compensation. And I wouldn't feel tempted to visit a con as a guest if I was being left out of the program and interviews as well. This entire con was only centered around Shiokuro. There barely was any room for any other people. Shiokuro chose for herself the entire con, so it isn't strange Xiuemi chose for herself as well in this.
>>
Can someone explain me why xiuemi still being talked about. Like the old motto "stop making stupid people famous." Just let her die somewhere in a ditch. I dont understand why people care. Sakuraflor i can understand since she actually accomplished something back in the day before she became a solo patreon tik tok or whatever she is doing now.
>>
>>10012551
Because this is a discussion forum so we can discuss whoever we want. Besides, this is about KyoCon as well. Just let them discuss. It'll blow over within a day anyways.
>>
>>
What I think was also both hilarious and pathetic is how full Shio is of herself. I noticed she touched/"fixed" other people their cosplay without their permission, because she knows oh so well how a cosplay should look and whatnot. At the same time her own wig looked like a mess, her makeup wasn't all that sharp as she claims it to be and she only dresses as a slut lately. Even at her own con. Oh well, shows how seriously she takes her own convention/school project.
>>
>>10012549
Friends or not, it's normal to get compensation if you're the one being asked as a guest or anything like that. They expected her to travel, to PR, to judge and to help setting up the location. Maybe even more that we don't know about. If I was being asked to do so, I'd ask for a small compensation as well.
>>
>>10012550

Yeah.. usually but like i said. Arent they friends so i dont think she would. I mean if i can pay a cosplayer Xiuemi wouldnt be my first choice by a long shot.

>>10012551
What >>10012552 says. I mean she is now a topic because of Kyocon and its terrible host Shiokuro. Lucky for Shiokuro they are friends because if i were a real and even paid guest i would feel akward and not happy with a good social media rant afterwards. Friends dont do that so sadly we will be missing out on that.
>>
File: kyocon.png (1.68 MB, 998x1130)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>10012555
I agree with this one. She looked really weird imho. I found this photo on the KyoCon hashtag on Instagram. Apparently this is what a ''professional'' cosplayer is supposed to look like, boys and girl. Better take an example from this girl because she's the new big shot.
>>
>>10012558

WCS / ECG winner right there.
>>
>>10012557
>Arent they friends so i dont think she would.
She probably wouldn't, but it's still human decency to receive it if you're doing such a big favor.
>>
File: IMG_20181015_151331.jpg (311 KB, 1080x1079)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
A beautiful image create, inspired by her story rants and tell replies.
>>
>>10012562
Oh my god.. Those story rants and tellonym replies were the WORST. Like.. Holy shit girl. It made me realize she's even more arrogant than she appears to be.
>>
>>10012562
And the moment you tell her off for her behaviour she's suddenly the victim. This girl is ugly both on the outside and the inside. Ew. Wonder what it'll take to get her off her high horse. Or more like a high donkey in her case.
>>
>>10012530
Wether or not her car troubles were real, im glad she made the decision not to go. I would've done the same if i stood in her shoes. Finally she made a good decision for once
>>
>>10012558
/Not even having an accurate crown
>>
>>10012558
What or who is she supposed to be? I might be living under a rock but I don't recognize her cosplay...
>>
>>10012591
As far as I know it's a slutty version of Boosette (which is that new Mario world thing together with Bowsette).
>>
>>10012602
That's supposed to be Boosette? Holy shit. I didn't even recognize that in her design. She looks like a discount drag queen
>>
>>10012607
Can't blame you for not recognising it. The original design didn't show enough of her butt to her taste so she decided this would be a better idea tow ear to her school project. Makes me wonder what she'll wear at her graduation. If she'll ever pass after this disaster, that is.
>>
>>10012613
I wonder what her classmates think of it. Reading the newspaper article, none of them are familiar with cosplay. Imagine this being your first experience with cosplay and/or conventions lmao
>>
File: FB_IMG_1539615051702.jpg (41 KB, 720x479)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Well, it sure was busy at Kyocon you guys!!!!! (They just uploaded 80+ pictures of their event on their FB page. Most of them are just images of furniture or decorations... Guess they barely had any cosplayers to photograph lol)
>>
What is it with scouting cosplayers without any experience? First Adia at ACC and now Raylon? Who is he anyways?
>>
>>10012645
Because the Dutch comiunity excists of more shit then good cosplayers, so their standards are really low to begin with.
>>
>>10012645
He's one of Shio's friends, the poor lad. Seems like she couldn't get any actual famous cosplayers so she just settled for whoever was able to keep up with her crap and seemed like he fitted that profile. Not that he was much of a guest anyway. All he did was talk crap about his ex, who wasn't his ex(?), but I guess that story was still more entertaining than the con itself.
>>
>>10012645
Some guy with barely 200 followers on his IG. He claims he started cosplaying 2 years ago and that he has "a lot" of experience when it comes to crafting & props, specifically 3D-printing - regarding his introduction on the KyoCon programme. Never heard of him before though.
>>
>>10012650
I heard he broke up with his ex and replaced her for some 16 years old kid? Nice reputation you have there
>>
>>10012550
>>10012650
Now I actually wonder if xiu and shio are still friends, lol. Obviously Raylon was keeping up with shio's bullshitting while xiu didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if this has a big impact on their friendship rn. Though after reading everything shio has done i probably wouldnt wanna be friends anymore with her either
>>
>>10012657
Is their even a friendship to begin with? Isn't it because he is rolling on Shio half-assed popularity?
>>
>>10012651
A lot of experience in what? It's not like Hakan didn't use these skills already, what makes Raylon better?
>>
>>10012657
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Xiuemi didn't show up because they got into an argument or something like that. They both seem to be the kind of people who think they're better than everyone around them, which probably make they value their own opinions above other opinions. Surely that can't go well for too long. And I wonder if Shio has any friends left after Kyocon. Maybe some "friend" who haven't seen that side of her yet or that are using her because they actually believe she's somewhat famous (lmfao), but that's about it.
>>
File: AVO.jpg (88 KB, 720x430)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Did Shio seriously expect for there to be only positive responses to her so-called event? This is a screenshot from their interview with AVO Magazine. This girl is more delusional than I thought.
>>
>>10012666
>>10012657
I heard that xiuemi was giving shiokuro advice and help with the event, but shio didn't appreciate it, seemingly knew better herself, and cut xiu off instead??? wouldn't surprise me. Shio seems like the girl who does that.
>>
Haha wamen
>>
>>10012659

So raylon is doing what shiokuro tried to do with xiuemi?
>>
shio is gonna need a lot of that anonymous IG support. I haven't seen anyone say anything positive about the con and drama surrounding it though. Everything seems to be happening on her tellonym. Makes me feel like she just wrote those positive tells herself, if her friends actually wanted to defend her they'd do it unanonymously
>>
>>10012672
Basically, yeah.

>>10012674
I wouldn't be surprised either. The way she acted towards those negative/criticism ones is the worst way you can respond, especially as a HOST. She can only get off and feed her own narcissism with those anonymous ones that kiss her ass and tell her she's doing great. Inb4 "the 4chan haturz"- as she said so herself on her stories. We all know you're lurking on here, Gwen. Take this as a lesson instead of sticking your head in the sand.
>>
Can I see these stories somewhere or are we talking about the IG stories that are away already?
>>
>>10012686
Most of them were before KyoCon, so I'm afraid a lot of them are gone already if nobody saved them.
>>
>>10012674
I've seen some positive feedback going around on some Instagram stories, but of course these were all friends of hers. Haven't seen any genuine positive feedback, for obvious reasons. The con was as shitty as Shio herself. It really was ShiokuroCon in every possible way.
>>
>>10012715
I heard Shio send her friends off to invite and ask people to go to KyoCon as well. Why do you need to use your friends for advertisement like that? I heard multiple people talk about it.
>>
>>
Shio was using this arcana cosplay to go around and ask people to come. Very typical of Shio to suddenly be friends with her because this girl will basically do anything for anyone who will tell her their friends.
>>
File: image.png (725 KB, 672x680)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
But you guys just don't get it! Kyocon was totally, absolutely AMAZING
>>
>>10013185
who tf is arcana cosplay?
>>
>>10013194
That's her name on instagram.
>>
>>10012602
Then why all that holo/glitter???
>>
>>10012749
>>10013185
It's pretty pathethic she has to use her friends for her own gain like that... No wonder people are ditching her.
>>
arcana cosplay is honestly just an attention seeker she probably can't get more followers with that body of hers cuz she is fat and that's why she hangs around with shio
>>
File: IMG-20181010-WA0025.jpg (162 KB, 900x1600)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>10012686
I found 2 let me add them
>>
File: IMG-20181010-WA0027.jpg (180 KB, 900x1600)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>10013223
>>
>>10013223
>>10013224
She is sooo incredibly delusional. I love how she's stating she never pretended to be better than she actually is. That's just a blatant lie and we all know it. There's enough proof. Does she seriously think that ''being full of attitude'' is a good thing? Because, honey, you got a loooong way ahead of you if you think that way...
>>
I also got two more screenshots. You might be able to still find all these tells back at her Tellonym.
>>
>>
Wow this girl has really lost it. Does she really not see herself how she comes across? Saying she is giving kyocon her whole life. Yet she started to work on it only 3 weeks before the event (normal cons take atleast a year or more to plan but oke). Welcome to real life girl this is what most people call actual work. Then for the kyocon promotion. Every single thing I saw it was more about herself and how awesome she is instead of an actual promotion for the con. Does she really not see how she put herself out there as this amazing super popular cosplayer while everyone can see she is not and how stupid this looks? I actually kinda liked her before, but this run for personal fame she suddenly has for the last few months made her a really ugly person.
>>
>>10013250
I'm wheezing. "Popular enough to get a 10 page essay". Girl, YOU WISH. If you believe this critism or (negative) feedback is because you're "populair enough", then let me tell you.. You're not and you'll never be. She can only get defensive and personally offended instead of admitting her honest mistakes. It's okay to make mistakes and apologize. It's definitely NOT okay to make them and act like you're better than everyone else instead. Oh my god...
>>
>>10013256
I happen to know she only had six weeks to host this convention. However, she made some major mistakes by promoting it as late as she did and starting the ticket sale only 3 weeks before the con. Of course she made many more mistakes regarding hosting this but if I were to list that, I would be still busy listing tomorrow morning. Definitely agree on that she was decent before she started thinking of herself as this top notch cosplayer. Seriously, she doesn't even believe anyone in the Dutch community is at the same level as her? Heard she literally told several people just that. Well honey, I got some news for you. The Dutch cosplay community indeed lacks skill cosplay wise, but so do you. You're nothing special at all. It's not that we don't like your makeup style. It's that we can see how crusty it actually is. It's not that we don't like your costumes. It's just that we can see how much of a slut you try to be by making all these skirts too short and how quickly it's thrown together. Dear Shiokuro, if you're reading this, please stick your ego where it belongs, which is that overexposed ass of yours.
>>
>>10013262
I really agree. She used to be a nice person but suddenly she turned to this i'm the best cosplayer from the netherlands mode and it's just stupid. Everyone can see she is not, why pretend you are? Does she really think this about herself?

Really if she just was honest and said hey i'm not that well known but i'm trying to hold a fun con for my school project anways. I'm sure many more people would have come even if it was just to help her out. But instead her whole attitude made people just hate her and hoping the con would fail.
>>
>>10013262
>The Dutch cosplay community indeed lacks skill cosplay wise,
And yet the Dutch cosplay Community has higher standards and skill levels than a lot of other countries in Europe. Don't forget, you see ALL of the Dutch community, because you're in it. But you only see the 'top' of the international communities because that's what gets shared around...

Until you go to a con in another country and realise it's not so bad...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.