[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Sup /cgl/ looking to get into cosplay. Am a poor uni student however and don't just wanna order the lame body suits and shizzle.

Any tips or tricks are appreciated!
>>
>>10920990
>Am a poor uni student however and don't just wanna order the lame body suits and shizzle.
Thrift stores are your best friend, then. Also, how are your craftsmanship skills?
>>
>>10920992
On a basic level, used to sew with my mum and shit
>>
>>10920992
this, I bought a good actual business suit at a thrift store for $40 and I mogged everyone who was in a cheap cosplay suit, I also sewed on everything I needed for my cosplay
>>
>>10920990
what are you interested in cosplaying?
>>
>>10920997
Top characters would be Kitty Pryde, Starfire, Azula, Atom Eve, Jill Valentine, Nejire. I could go on lol
>>
>>10920994
If you know how to sew you basically already have a headstart.
>>
>>10920994
>mum
are you Bri'ish?
>>10921002
most of these are wearing bodysuits so I unfortunately can't help because I've never made my own, but good luck! just be warned that this is unfortunately a very slow board, one of the slowest on the site actually, it only gets super active whenever a big convention is happening
>>
>>10921032
I am British yes and thank you for the words of luck
>>
>>10920990
>"my mum" instead of "me mum"
>"shit" instead of "shite"
>bri'ish
Anyway. I think the bodysuits in question are shitty because they are comprised of a single type of fabric with designs printed on it. There is no texture to break up the flat empty surfaces or any reliefs between the colour borders. No physical details such as buttons. I suggest you go browsing stores selling fabric by the meter for raw materials and cutting & sewing your own patterns. You can make patterns with this method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjKDHxCaDk
>>
>>10921002
Since a lot of those are bodysuits, but you don’t want the printed kind, I would suggest getting a body/zentai suit in a single color. Pick whatever the main color of the character is and use it as a base. Then just sew on the additional details yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.