[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
05/08/16Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
[Hide] [Show All]

File: IMG_3561.jpg (362 KB, 2048x1365)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
About one month until Colossalcon. Let's discuss.

>How are your cosplays coming?
>Are you planning your coords?
>Where are you staying?
>What are you excited for?
>Any cosplay predictions?
>Events
>Photoshoots
>Panels
>etc

Let's discuss!
>>
>>9443357
Use the catalog. >>9433058
>>
>>9443386
Or we can let that steaming pile of a thread die
>>
>>9443357
My thread is superior lmfao!
>>
Got some pieces in the mail today! Still trying to figure out wigs.
>Where are you staying?
Nothing's set in stone, but if I end up going it'll be a Kalahari room for sure.
If I do go this year, it'll be my first year not staffing, and while it's hella crowded now, I'd like to try and enjoy the con as an attendee for once.
Man idk. I don't pay attention to things. What's even popular right now?
>Events
I'll probably see what's going on when I'm conscious. Waterpark after-hours maybe? Will definately browse the Flea Market and Craft Faire.
>Photoshoots
Probably not.
>Panels
I usually don't go to panels due to my inability to stay in one place.

>>9443474
It was doomed from the start with that discourse meme man OP image.
>>
My one cosplay is done. I want to touch up some areas but haven't started that yet. Want to make a pool party version and a kigu. I should get started on that this week. I need to make a decent prop too.
Figuring out what I want to wear, most I already own but debating if I want to add or make some new accessories or something.
>Where are you staying?
At the Kalahari
Cedar Point, but I'll probably go sometime in May before the con, hanging out, seeing friends, water park time, cosplay shenanigans, animals.
Lots of all the popular stuff right now and lots of pool cosplay, the usual.
>Events
Lolita stuff.
>Photoshoots
If events don't conflict, I'll go to a photoshoot for my one lonely cosplay.
>Panels
Submitted two panels and waiting to see if they get approved.
>etc
I'm always excited for this time of year. It's like I can taste the excitement of driving up there and I can hear the quiet sounds of the Kalahari before 20k nerds take over the whole area. But then again, I can also feel the feelings of it being over before it even starts and looking around the Kalahari after everyone has left.
>>
>>9445492
Panels haven't been approved yet? Usually they have the schedule out a month before con and that's in one week.
>>
>>9443386
That's a drama thread, not an actual con discussion thread.

Let's avoid shitting this one up.
>>
>>9446139
From the FB group:

"Everything should be accepted by may 1st :) we'll also be contacting every panelist to let them know what happens if their panels haven't been accepted at that time. Basically they go on a wait list in case any other panels get cancelled before the con."
>>
>>9446139
There was a bit of a snafu and apparently the programming head was let go. So someone else is handling it. They are probably just a bit behind due to that.
>>
>>9443357

Awesome. Super excited. Good ole DBZ and League.
Fly solo usually
>Where are you staying?
Not sure yet? Willing to throw cash for space at Kalahari.
Chicks! Partying! Video Games!
>Events
Sat night rave is going to be stellar.
>Panels
Hotttttttpockettttttts

Also, can someone toss me an offer on a space at Kalahari in their room?

I make damn good money... I just need a bed!!!
>>
>>9447207
>Also, can someone toss me an offer on a space at Kalahari in their room?
There's a "room and ride share" group on Facebook. You're a lot more likely to find something there. These boards are fairly deserted by comparison.

>bumping this thread since its shitty twin got bumped
>>
>>9443357
I'm just gonna be lame an adapt an old League cosplay into a swimsuit version

Then I also wanna do summer Cirno, but I'm not even sure I can tan, so
>>
>>How are your cosplays coming?
Low effort cosplays all day long. I'll be cosplaying as Funky Kong (mario kart wii version) and Old spice Guy (towel and I'm on a horse version)

>>Where are you staying?
Kalahari

>>What are you excited for?
Drinking, making new friends, talking to cute women, volleyball

>>Any cosplay predictions?
2B, Breath of the wild cosplays

>>Events
Rave?

>>Photoshoots
Sure, if there's a gang of DK cosplayers

>>Panels
Maybe

>>etc
Gauranteed to be bumping music through hallways
>>
I'm beginning to think almost everyone who complains about staff at any con are just melodramatic faggots. I've been going to cons for 6 years. Usually with a large group of people I know. We never have problems with staff. Follow directions and rules, don't be an idiot.
>>
>>9449322
Oops wrong colossal thread
>>
>>9449328
Haha fuck yeah!
>>
>>9449331
Y-yeah
>>
>>9443357

I'm rewearing an old one for a group, but aside from that I honestly haven't started. I have all of my supplies though.
No
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari
Playing in the waterpark and going to Cedar Point to be honest
Lucoa bikinis.
>Events
Nope
>Photoshoots
Two large groups, but they're being kept a little quiet until we figure out who's in, who will likely drop out, etc.
>Panels
May not even attend the actual con.
>>
Since it wasn't mentioned in the OP (just the question of how cosplays are coming along), what all is everyone cosplaying?
>>
Great. I have one more to complete.
Yes.
>Where are you staying?
Kalahari.
Rave, Drinking, hot tubs, chill panels.
Bathing suit Ram & Rem
>Events
Deathrock After Dark, Rave, Formal, Make J Rock Great again.
>Photoshoots
Sailor Moon, Overwatch
>>
>>9450379
You sound like my type of person!!!!

I'm the DBZ guy. Cliche I know
>>
Tentative schedule is up! What do you guys think you'll be attending?

http://colossalcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Colossalcon-2017-web-schedule-version-1.pdf
>>
>>9450968

only guarantee rn is the night swim
>>
>>9451070
Those aren't even on the list... When are they and how much does it cost?
>>
It's my first Colossalcon, so I'm really, really excited!
Currently planning out three swimsuit cosplays that I'm fairly sure Ill be able to sew myself. All are idolm@ster cosplays, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing any other series. Just ordered Symphony no. 765 Miki today since it was the one cosplay I didn't feel comfortable making this time around.
>Where are you staying?
Maui sands! I'm hoping it's not too far from the Kalahari.
Seeing friends again, plus I'm going with my best friend from highschool to celebrate our graduating college, so it should be really fun!
Not actually sure, but it seems a good group of cosplayers are planning idolm@ster-related cosplay, whether it be original 765 or CG, so I'm looking forward to seeing more idol cosplay.
>Photoshoots
No photoshoots planned yet, but I'm part of 3 groups so I'm sure someone will end up hiring a photographer.
>>
>>9451135
15$ each night, Fri and Sat 11am-3pm

http://colossalcon.com/events/waterparkafter/

>>9451342
>tfw some of your favourite /cgl/ name/tripcode users are starting to go to Colossal

>Maui sands! I'm hoping it's not too far from the Kalahari.
They have a free shuttle service now that runs between the Kalahari and some of the overflow hotels so distance shouldn't matter too much. Here's the hours and such: http://colossalcon.com/location/shuttle-service
>>
>>9451406
>Favorite
Anon you're making me blush
Thank you for linking the shuttle service! I was a little worried about Maui being too far from the Kalahari for walking and heard from people who have attended in the past that there aren't ubers/lyfts out in Sandusky, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do for transport. Now I know!
>>
>>9451416
Walking is not an option! And don't rely on the shuttles if you need to be somewhere at a specific time. If you do, leave really early!
>>
>>9451416
I have heard so much about you, did you go to Katsu, if so I might have met you if you cosplayed idolmaster, otherwise if not I would love to meet/shoot with you as I am idol trash. Colossal is my "fun" con so I am so hype.
>>
>>9451447
Thanks so much for the advice, I'm sure it'll come in handy when I'm leaving for morning shoots or need to run back and change!

>>9451453
Oh yikes, I hope what you heard wasn't all bad, haha! I did go to Katsu, where I cosplayed Arisu Tachibana on Saturday and Mika Jougasaki on Sunday, both with groups. If we met at Katsu, I'd love to see you again because I love meeting idolm@ster fans!!
>>
>>9451458
>Mika Jougasaki
Were you in the CG group, the giant Cinderella Girls (the ballroom/OP 1) one? If so I know you IRL and feel bad not knowing you were a tripcode user.
>>
>>9451492
I think you're thinking of the Starry Sky Bright group we had on Saturday of the con! That was when I was Arisu, and Barri was our Mika!
>>
Who is this claudie person
>>
>>9451496
Oh! I know bari! I guess I will hopefully meet you at colossal!
>>
>>9451548
See you there~!
>>
Just hit me how close to con we actually are and how little I've done.

In other news, how much is even reasonable to ask for space in a Nomad room if you're only trying to get six people in for the full four days?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.