[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 141 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: image.jpg (75 KB, 1200x1200)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Old ones autosaging again.

Who's going to Afest?
>>
File: image.jpg (443 KB, 1123x1998)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
lmao
>>
I'll be going, four or five cosplays planned but who knows if my groups will pull their heads out of their asses. Gonna wear shit anyway tho. Not excited for the immense crowd of YoI fujoshis that are bound to be there because of Kubo + friends.
>>
discord.gg/xhrNxxr
texas cgl discord, channels for jfashion, cosplay, and off topic discussion. lots of us are going to Afest and San Japan!
>>
>>9559446
I know this girl. I'm still in shock she was dumb enough to say something like this.
>>
Does anyone know anything about Afest autograph policy? Mainly can I bring a board and get a drawing? I heard they just banned that last year. I just want to add to my Tanemura collection.
>>
File: IMG_3278.jpg (59 KB, 1242x349)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>9559446
>>9559652
She's been a fucking awful person for a long time now
>>
>>9559711
I don't actively keep up with her, especially not on Twitter or Instagram. Just Facebook.
>>
>>9559711>>9559446
Have any of her friends who were involved said anything? I saw one of them make a post saying something similar but deleted it when shit started hitting the fan
>>
>>9559446
when did Texas turn into Alabama?
>>
Artist Alley people selling at San Japan: what kind of stuff will you guys be bringing?
Seems like the last two years alot of the sellers had very similar things with only a handful of more unique stuff (stuff besides the standard prints, buttons, charms etc).
>>
I've never been to AnimeFest, but I plan on going to see the Yuri on Ice cast. Is it going to be like AX where you won't be able to see Kubo + Sayo unless you line up 3 hours before their appearances?
>>
>>9559652
Though incest isn't exactly my cup of tea, could you enlighten me to what is so "dumb" about her statement? Not only does she have a point about different treatment in similar cases, but having sex does not even equal making babies.
>>
>>9559870
Considering that they're promoting the shit out of their appearances you can bet on the entire con shutting down to see them. They don't have huge 3000 person panel rooms at AFest like they do at AX so it's going to fill up quickly.
>>
>>9559870
I think YoI is probably one of the most popular guest sets they've brought, but AFest is not a huge con. The first year they had Arina Tanemura I showed up to her panels an hour early and there was no line. I never missed one being about 10 minutes early the rest of the weekend.

Granted, Kubo is much more popular at this moment, you probably don't need to be that zelous. You can judge the turn out based off of the first panel.
>>
File: IMG_3241.jpg (182 KB, 1242x1445)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>9559745
Are you talking about sasurealian? Since they were in the original photo and agreed (lol) in the comments. Either way most of the close people she knows are shocked and/or pissed because she has a LOT of gay/bi/pan/trans friends that she went to pride events with, takes yuri shoots with, holds their hands and makes out with them at parties, etc. and calling homosexuality "unnatural" was basically seen as a huge slap to the face. I know she talked to some people beforehand about this and they basically told her it was a stupid idea, you're going to get dragged to hell and back, etc. but she was stubborn and thought people were going to agree and support her. I don't see her coming back from this which is both sad and dumb since she puts so much weight into her social media.

>>9559873
The issue with her statement is that for a long time she has hung around with her queer friends and supported them/taken photos/made out with girls despite vehemently denying she's sexually attracted to them. She basically got pissed people were commenting on her nejihina cosplay photos that incest is questionable, got mad and pulled this argument out of her ass. It's one thing to support incest (and if you want to do that on your public cosplay page???) but comparing incest to homosexuality and then at the end saying you think incest is basically more favorable because "of the mechanics" (once again putting down gay sex, something she has no experience with) is an extremely bizarre statement. Basically, if she even wanted to make this argument (which I don't know why you would in the first place, simply stating "it's fictional" in one comment would have sufficed) in favor of an extremely taboo subject she should not have compared homosexuality, especially in a negative light, since her friends and followers feel so strongly about it.
>>
>>9559680
You have to bring official artwork if you're wanting any autograph. Guests aren't allowed to draw commissions anymore that I know of, except Kristen McGuire. Tanemura-San does habe a drawing panel where you can win what she draws, though
>>
>>9559882
Glad I could give two shits less about YOI then
>>
>>9560096
Damn. At this point I think she's signed almost everything I own. I'm glad I got sketches the last 2 times she came through then.
>>
>>9559529
Anyone going to mecha? I know it's not Texas but it's a shorter drive than some Texas cons
>>
File: batman-bane-for-you.png (30 KB, 245x250)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>9560446
A shorter drive.......
>>
>>9560446
Maybe if you live in Beaumont?
>>
>>9560321
Don't count on it this year. The autograph line will already be insane because of the gay ice skaters
>>
>>9559870
I went last year when they had bnha staff and english VAs. They had sessions with staff and VAs, just staff, and just VAs. So I'd expect the same this year too.
>>
>>9559882
>>9560039
>>9560528
Thanks for the responses! This makes it hard to gauge how likely it is that I'll see them even if I line up early (thinking 1.5 hours ahead of time), but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>9559747
Tx is full of beaners with nothing better to do but get high and cause drama.
>>
>>9560046
That's going a bit far just to defend a cosplay. I'd be super suspicious if this person has any siblings. I'm hoping she's an only child.
>>
what does everyone think of the idol cosplaying community? Like Project Starlight and Love notes idols?
>>
>>9562318
I can appreciate the work they put into it, but I also think they try way too hard. It makes watching them incredibly cringy and obnoxious.
>>
>>9562326
yeah I feel the same I only ask because I know theres some serious drama in the groups and I didnt wanna be the only one who doesnt like them.
>>
>>9562318
I want to support them because I love idol shit and I love performing live, but so far from what I've seen, all they do is just copy Love Live dances and routines and lip-sync. If they tried to do other singing and dance covers I'd be more supportive, but so far they haven't done anything to make me want to support them.
>>
>>9561685

This applies to every state minus the beaners for most of them
>>
>>9562318
They're dance cover groups, I wouldn't say they represent idol cosplayers...
>>
>>9562318
Love Live is already dying. They're a niche market at cons at this point, just a matter of time before they all fall apart from their current drama.

I'd rather see more variety in dance cover groups at cons, I'm personally not a huge fan of LL, I'd love to see more K-pop covers, smaller groups with better dance skills, or hell even some boy idols. Mix that shit up.
>>
>>9559446
I certainly unfollowed her after that. Clearly she is a homophobe. How can you even try to make an argument that homosexuality is worse than incest? What a moron. She will always be "that girl" after this in the Texas community.
>>
>>9559652
She deserves every single bit of backlash.
>>
>>9562318
I want to watch the actual Aqours girls and other idol groups perform live at cons, not a bunch of cosplayers. Sorry...
>>
Ill be wearing one Victor cosplay just for the sake of YoI but im not looking forward to the inevitable makeouts for photos that will probably be everywhere.
>>
>>9562978
I am surprised more of her friends that are gay haven't unfriended or disowned her after that remark. There is no coming back from that kind of remark and blatantly shows you are a homophobe.
>>
>>9562318
I like some of their dance covers but theres so much drama, im friends with some of their friends so its sorta fun to hear who hates who and who's boyfriend is cheating on who. It's just inevitable whenever the group breaks up all together.
>>
>>9563074
Is it true that the Honoka in Love notes is batshit crazy?
>>
>>9562979
Same anon. I agree. I knew her and removed her as soon as I heard what happened.

>>9563069
Uh... I don't think you are really able to tell how many of her real friends have left if you're not involved directly....
>>
>>9563051
are you even pretty enough to cosplay Viktor
>>
Hitting up Delta H tday for any Houston types around.

>>9560446
Going!
>>
Is there a place where I can pawn off my Afest badge? I really don't want to go this year.
>>
>>9563477
What badge level is it (basic, premium, etc)? How many days are on it (weekend, friday only, etc)? I'm looking into going to Afest this year.

Btw, why don't you want to go? Just curious.
>>
>>9563477
Craigslist, project A-kon cosplay group on fb
>>
>>9563730
It's a basic weekend pass. Bought it as soon as memberships went on sale, so I'm just looking to resell it at the lowest price and transfer the membership.

I mostly go to see guests but none of this year's really interest me, bar a few I've seen at previous cons. I'm always impressed with Afest guests, but YoI isn't my thing and it seems that's the main thing they're pushing.

Otherwise, I don't have any friends who go to cons & I'm asocial as is, and I have an ankle issue that's taking a long time to heal so I shouldn't be on my feet all weekend. I would really like the vacation it'll give me but I'm not sure if the amount of fun I'll have will be worth the cost of a hotel room and food. I even thought about maybe just going for a day, but I don't want to deal with driving and parking in Dallas.
>>
>>9563962
How much did you pay? How much do you want?
>>
I usually ghost Afest since I don't really do panels or events at cons, just dealer's room (and even then i usually borrow a badge), is there any reason or incentive to actually register?
>>
>>9564072
$30 is what I paid and what I'm asking.

If you're interested, do you have a throwaway e-mail I can contact?
>>
>>9564515
Nayrt but I'm interested if they say no, please email me at tsunderelolitagull@gmail.com
>>
>>9564601
Im the one that asked her about the pricing, you can take it if you want
>>
>>9564484
If you're not into the programming, the only reason to register is that you want to support the continued existence of the convention. Even if you don't like the specific programming, there is a lot of money and effort that went into the organization of the convention itself.

That said, it's pretty much up to the individual to decide if they think it's worth the price of admission or not. I'm not going to lecture in either direction.
>>
>>9564601
Sent an e-mail!
>>
>>9562318
It's a cheap way to cosplay and get attention. Most groups have to get a fat Nozomi because no one wants to cosplay her and then if their group becomes successful, it's usually the Honoka or Maki that causes drama for the rest of them and leaves, making the group break up. Making LL groups now just screams trouble.
>>
>>9562318
I love watching people perform the dances, but I like groups better when they don't cosplay, because they aren't limited to LL covers.
>>
>>9563246

>Calling him Viktor

Anyone else doing AA? I'm hoping the con has more people attending because of YOI and that all of those people will be shopping.
>>
>>9565001
Why do people hate Nozomi? I just play the game to kill time at work so I don't know any of the politics in the fandom.
>>
>>9565185
Probably because the fan perception is that she's fat (even though she really isn't).

>be skinny Nozomi
>"omg appropriating a fat character"
>be fat Nozomi
>"lmao whale"

At least that's how I see it. Very lose/lose prospect.
>>
File: 1497494594477.jpg (11 KB, 192x146)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
is ANT worth booking a hotel room and making the trip this year, especially financially?

forever texas fag and ive been to RTX a few times, matsuri twice, ACC and delta h, so i'm trying to go to something new this year, cause usually i just go local to houston or to austin. also it's probably going to be a birthday trip, so some meaning to it
>>
>>9559863
Are you a fellow artist or just someone who likes to buy things in the AA? Enamel pins have been pretty big this year so expect a lot of those.
>>
>>9560446
I'm going too, should there be a seperate thread for it?
>>
>>9567001
If you're looking for size and location, do San Japan instead. Location is very convenient outside of the parking situation and its much bigger. A bit lacking in guests, tho.
>>
File: 1481187520459.png (445 KB, 593x720)
445 KB
445 KB PNG
I'm going to Afest but my friends are normals. Would love to hang with someone going. Tried the FF thread but had no luck with it.
>>
>>9567359
been posted up there but try the discord discord.gg/xhrNxxr , 15 or so people here going to Afest!
>>
Anyone live in or near Waco? If so, have you gone to the newish Animotion Plus store? Ever attended King's Landing's anime nights? Any experiences y'all wanna share?

I went to Animotion Plus a couple times some months ago, and all I really remember was how eerie it was. The store's location along with the dead silence inside made me feel like I was walking into a Stephen King novel. I want to support them since Waco is a wastelands for anime goods/DVDs since Hastings went under, but I wish they'd play some anime music to improve the suffocating atmosphere. Also, I wish they'd put more thought into their graphic designs. As it is, it looks like a 13 year old made them.

I attended King's Landing's anime night once and it was pretty good but if you go then make sure you bring a jacket (it's actual tundra temperatures). They seem to draw some decently sized crowds (for an anime viewing, at least). Any socially awkward NEETs here could probably see it as an opportunity to meet new people. Also, beware: it's dubbed.
>>
>>9567359
if youre a girl ill hang out with you! do you cosplay or wear jfash?
>>
>>9567407
Thanks, I'll do that!

>>9567493
Yeah, I haven't cosplayed in a while but I'll be going as Yuuri and Kurisu and maybe something else. Not too much into lolita but I like himekaji, larme and casual jfash.
>>
>>9567011
San japan sucks unless you have a group of friends to spend time with. Last few years have been cutting back on programming and the price has gone up despite the lack of guests and activities.
>>
>>9567002
Just a shopper who's become tired of the same 'ol same 'ol (and have run out of wall space for art).
>>
>>9567635
Awesome! I'm in the discord mentioned but if you prefer email or line I'll reach out to you that way!
>>
>>9567660
Same, I don't buy prints anymore because I'm literally out of space to hang them. I was always choosy about fandoms in the first place, how do other people do it? Just throw out things they don't like anymore?
>>
>>9567995

I switch pieces out periodically. Keeps things interesting.
>>
Has an unofficial meetup list for animefest been put together yet? I've checked the fb several times but only been able to find individual meetups posted.
>>
>>9568473
Probably not. Akon has someone compiling all the meet ups and running things but I don't think Afest does.
>>
>>9568473
>>9568686
Join the "official" Afest Cosplay group on FB. Someone posted something there.
>>
how much is a weekend badge at the door for Afest
>>
>>9572201
Not posted yet, but probably $75. Single day passes go for up to $50
>>
Another question, how does signing work do they have something for them to sign there or do I bring stuff to sign?
>>
>>9576837
Is this specific to anime fest? They haven't posted their policies for this year yet. In the past some guests have provided small postcards to sign on, but I would bring something since it's It a guarantee.
>>
i think the afest schedule is out? thoughts?
>>
>>9577324
Hilariously sparse. Hey AnimeFest stop trying to stretch 3 days off programming into 4. You put really popular guest panels on fucking THURSDAY like anyone is going to show up?
>>
>>9577349
I think you mean 2 days of programming over 4.
>>
>>9577324

If you're referring to what's on the website, it's not complete. There are still some panels missing that have been approved.

>>9577349

They have several guest panels over the first three days. Also if you want them to have more programming, submit something next time.
>>
>>9577384
I ran panels last year. They had a lot of issues for panelists and I wasn't in s position to submit this year. Me hosting a few panels doesn't help them though. They are terrible at building a schedule. They rejected content this year they could have used. In the past they've just run the same panels multiple days. They scheduled big events on days that will have low turn out. I'm not sure if they do it because they think it will encourage people to show or they legit have no idea what they are doing. Either way it's not good.
>>
>>9577384
>>9577767
I've been running panels since before the banning of ask a character panels. I don't think they know how to arrange a schedule for shit. They don't listen to half their panelists, they double book some panels. The reason we don't have duplicate panels is because of how many they accepted for the AAC ones, instead of content variety. I appreciate that they're trying but they actually rejected a ton of neat panels in exchange for some dull ones, and they released the schedule before actually asking panelists if they were okay with it first. The con is a mess but I appreciate their spirit because at least this year they seem receptive to input.
>>
>>9577776
The fact they don't even at least notify panelists ahead of scenery release baffles my mind. That coupled with the fact they don't ask for your availability clearly is recipe for disaster.
>>
>>9577952
Two years ago they did, but they didn't release a schedule until 10 days before the convention. They really never have their shit together until the con itself but it's always been fun. I feel bad, sometimes they try really hard.
>>
>>9578068
You shouldn't feel bad they need to do better. You can genuinely enjoy a con and still point out their issues. No con is perfect, doesn't mean they aren't fun.

I think the thing that's really dragging then down is holding on to 4 days now that they aren't on a holiday weekend. It's the same as All con trying to go 4 days, there just isn't programming or attendance to support it.
>>
Anyone notice there's no break between back to back panels using the same room? That seems like a problem.
>>
>>9578278
Last year they just started trying to force panelists to finish 15 minutes early. Be prepared.
>>
>>9578278
Wow, and I thought A-Kon had bad programming staff. I guess it could always be worse.
>>
>>9578290
No, that was the year before too. I was pissed off about it then too. They're idiots.
>>
>>9579108
>>9578925
>>9578290
You guys realize this is a fairly normal thing, right? I've paneled at a number of cons and more of them had this set up than didn't.
>>
>>9579131
Shh, don't let pleebs know that they aren't special.
>>
>>9579131
I don't care if that's how things are run if they inform you of it. This was clearly a decision made half way through the con Because they realized they had fucked up scheduling.
>>
>>9579218
Hey snowflake it's common outside of Texas. Shut up or don't run panels at AFest.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>9579219
>Common outside of Texas
>Posting in a Texas thread

Where do you think we are?
>>
Is there a group I can go with? I don't have an friends
>>
How low is the attendance number going to be this year for Afest? Unless you like Yuri on Ice, there's nothing for you this year.
>>
>>9579697
really? i always hear how much better than akon it's supposed to be
>>
>>9579351
check the discord!
>>
>>9579710
It's not a low attendance show. It is a strict weeb only show. Not into weeb shit? You're gonna be bored. They don't have the massive dealer room or huge video gaming section. Staff are knowledgeable. Volunteers aren't shitty. It doesn't go beyond bringing in a huge variety like A-Kon does. It is not a great place to party either.
>>
>>9579277
Seriously. But they should just say "hey panelists, you can run panels up to 10 minutes before the top of the hour, the rest is setup." It wouldn't be that hard to just inform people oh wait yes it would because animefest

>>9579876
Pretty much this. It's a small con and caters more towards the anime/manga shows. The staff is informed and polite and the halls don't always smell terrible, but it's that con you hang out with your friends at.
Plus because it's so forced family friendly the party scene doesn't come out.
>>
>>9579907
That sounds like my dream con. Is it a con you need to go all three days to enjoy or is one day enough? I happen to have a day off during that weekend and I'd like to keep my vacation days for actual vacations rather than local cons.
>>
>>9579876
Staff is knowledgeable and volunteers aren't shitty? What dream world do you live in? The staff is probably some of the worst in Texas.

Cosplay staff are some of the meanest most elitist pieces of shit I've ever met my entire life. There's a reason there's only 3 skit entries, 20 normal entries, and that number shrinks a little more every year. The director acts like she hates all cosplayers. They will pick at you, touch you, and demean you during prejudging.

Seconding that it's total shit for parties tho.
>>
>>9579950
Not sure why the cosplay directors/judges act like this either. the best I can figure is it comes from the top down with how the director behaves. She acts like she's power tripping off it being the most important thing in her life and enjoys excluding people.

Go look at their rule list. For a 20 person or less contest it is MENTAL.
>>
>>9579950
>>9579954
Isn't this also due in part to the fact the contest is limited to Japanese-origin media? I get it being an anime-centric con but with it being the only con thats somewhat a step up from A-kon, they severely limit their audience. I only go to hang out with friends anymore as well, they don't seem to be stepping up to try and keep their attendance going.
>>
>>9579945
Unless YOI!! is a big fucking deal to you a day will be good enough.

>>9579950
I don't enter cosplay contests so I don't deal with assholes like that. I don't get yelled at like I do at A-Kon.
>>
>>9567456
Anyooooooone? Por favor.
>>
>>9580054
Other anons stay the fuck away from Waco. You're on your own.
>>
>>9579950
Really? My biggest complaint about competing at Anime Fest is that the judges DON'T get up and inspect your costume. They always seem entirely disinterested.

Several years ago I had some issues with the cosplay staff (I think the head but not sure) being very rude, but last year I had no complaints. Everyone was pretty polite, if not a little disorganized. I cut slack though since it was their first time in the majestic.
>>
File: guessilldie.png (102 KB, 419x427)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>9580081
>>
>>9579697
Lots of anime industry guests and since it's a smaller con, it will get lots of coverage from anitwitter? Hopefully there will be better artists since a lot are attending for YOI guests
>>
>>9567456
I'm living in Waco now! I had no idea these places existed but I'll give them a visit sometime. I used to go to Hastings to get my merchandise fix.
>>
>>9579945
I went only 2.5 days last year (went in the evening day 1 and really just went to dinner) and I had fun, got photos, chatted. It's chill.

I haven't competed on the cosplay contest in forever but I hope they iron that out. Who knows, maybe they'll listen to people this year.
>>
I'm playing the Rave
-Charlie Rocket
>>
>>9580764
No one fucking cares.
Youre set at Mecha-Con sucked. Too slow to dance to so we left and came back when Ghost Data was on
>>
>>9580116
I dont mind lookign closer. Putting their hand up my zelda dress and pulling at my outfit. Don't touch me without asking. Same people run it. I watched the cosplay head turn away someone that was 3 minutes late even if contest hadnt started yet and there were hardly any entries. it was their first contest and they cried. Never again
>>
>>9581078
They should obviously ask before touching anyone. My complaint is that I've specifically asked them too come and look under things to check seams or to stand up to see parts of my costume that are obscured and they just sit there.
>>
I heard Rob Thomas was going to be at San Japan? Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>9581130
I believe it I just dont bother with their contest anymore

>>9580764
>im so glad that mich dumped you. you give me the creeps.
>>
>>9581171
confirmed
>>
>>9581192
Seriously? Finally a reason to go back to San Japan.
>>
>>9581171
Why the fuck is the singer from matchbox twenty going to be at an anime convention?
>>
>>9581738
Washed up alternative musicians can be weebs too, okay Anon?
>>
>>9581744
Is he washed up? He is still active. It's cool that he is going to play at San Japan.
>>
>>9581909
I would definitely wait for an announcement if he is indeed coming to San Japan.
>>
>>9582183
Y'all are fucking idiots if you believe this anon.
>>
>>9582183
I heard from a few friends who are staff that it's a major possibility for one of their musical guests.
>>
>>9582492
Wow anon! And I thought I was special because my dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>9581909
A lot of washed up artists are still active. Remember a couple years ago when The Eagles tried to make a comeback? Rob Thomas sounds better with Matchbox Twenty imo.
>>
still can't believe Masaaki Yuasa will be at Afest
>>
>>9580764
Sorry to be harsh
Your music was very not good and baths don't hurt
>>
>>9581171
Wait what?
>>
>>9581171
the writer or singer. you not fooling me anon. lol.
>>
Afest is coming up and I haven't worked on any of my cosplays all summer. I'm probably going to end up using old ones..
>>
>>9583782

Holy shit this. How is no one excited about this? I am totally excited about the YOI guests, but he was icing on the cake.
>>
>>9585779
Considering I had to wiki him, I can understand why people don't know or care about him as a guest.
>>
>>9580764
Please do not.
>>
Will there be any lolita events at ANIMEFEST besides the 2 panels? like any swap meets? because i would love for there to be a swap meet
>>
>>9584127
I laughed. Glad we arent the only ones who thought this
>>
Anyone else apply for the fashion show for San Japan? I'm wondering how long it'll be between the application cut-off date and when they contact the chosen models.
>>
>>9585831
Why don't you arrange an unofficial one? AnimeFest is not really known for their Lolita programming.
>>
>>9586585
>>9585831

Pretty sure the metroplex lolitas have planned a meetup.
>>
Anyone else signed to compete at Afest? It's my first time at this con. How long do we have to wait at rehearsal? Do they let you leave?
>>
>>9587857
Last year I think call time was 2 hours before the show started, might have even been 3. We just sat in a black box for hours. They did run a rehearsal so everyone got time on stage which was nice. I remember it being cold AF in the waiting area so if you have a handler bring a jacket. The stage is pretty small. You can't really leave the majestic once you are there so plan accordingly.
>>
>>9586675
Nope, nobody has. I'm wondering if the girls hosting the panels will.
>>
>>9586675
>>9588100

It might not be public but there is definitely an A-fest meetup under the events tab in that group.
>>
Did anyone go to Anime CTX?
>>
>>9590299
Very small for a 1st year con but its aparrently run by the same people who do ikkicon
>>
>>9590323
CTX isn't a first year con. It's just a rebranded Anime Overload.
>>
>>9580764
Lol When you self-post expecting to get praise. You were horrible at MechaCon and I hear all sorts of stories about what a bad person you are to women. gtf off cgl.

>>9590323
Was Anime CTX worth looking into next year? My roommate loved Anime Overload but was it good?
>>
SJ's Listen Flavor party sold out of tickets, is anyone else going?
>>
>>9591052
Is your room mate a 14 year old girl? Because that's who went to anime overload.
>>
>tfw just an small town Illinois boy and dream of going to a Texas con
>>
I'm going to Afest and it'll be my first con in like five years but there's a guest I really want to see so I'm finally going to one again.

As far as cons go, what can I expect?
>>
>>9591298
hope youre okay with yuri on ice
>>
>>9591384
I'm only going for a musical guest so I'm ignoring the rest
>>
>>9591052
only if you can get there for cheap. The dude that runs it is a money grabbing asshole and charges almost $50 for a con that had less shit to see than mini mini con, so you're better off splitting one badge between friends or finding one for free. If you pay full price you're being ripped off
>>
>>9591413
A free mall con is better than CTX? Whaaaa...
>>
File: tx tiddies.png (197 KB, 900x675)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>9591194
what's so special about texas to you anon?

i've lived in texas my whole life, gone to most local houston area cons and austin area, and i long for cons like otakon, katsu, and magfest (not really CGL but out of state)
>>
>>9591064
Nah, but I want to know how it will go. They only had 50 tickets, right?
>>
Is anyone looking for a room at A-Fest or does anyone have space in their room? (bed space, not floor space)

Got a friend who's asking. If she can get someone needing crash space she'll get the room, or if someone has room for one more she'll take it. Let me know, thank you.
>>
>>9592566
Texas get painted as redneck state but you would be suprised what a real redneck states looks like, fucking empty
>>
>>9593221
>implying most of Texas isn't fucking empty besides a few rednecks
>>
File: 1502055153498.png (6 KB, 253x199)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>9593640
>implying Texas doesn't have the 4th largest city in the US

anon, pls
>>
>>9593640
>Texas empty
>Texas has 3 of the largest 10 cities in the US, 6 of the 20.

Ok
>>
I've never been to a con concert before, what time should i expect to start lining up for LM.C? Not sure if an hour is too early or not early enough.
>>
Wow guest list is great this year
>>
>>9592566
I genuinely love it and the people I've met so far. It's different from where I live but that doesn't mean that's bad.
>>
>>9594811

who're you looking forward to?
>>
>>9580081
Waco rhymes with taco
>>
>>9594845
masaaki yuasa prob
>>
>>9561685
Fuck you
>>
>>9594850
That's not how the city is pronounced. It's pronounced WAYco, not WHAko. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>9594923
Maybe Anon pronounces Taco like TAYco. You don't know their life.
>>
File: 1495794831861.png (117 KB, 347x423)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
McAllen here.

Who's going to Omnicon tomorrow?
>>
>>9595196
Why? The con is utter garbage now. Pokefest has more going for $5. I'm not wasting $50 on Omni.
>>
>>9581171
Is there any news? I wasn't planning on going to SJ but if this is true.
>>
>>9595196
After 2011 that con died
>>
I don't understand why incest is so looked down upon in current year. Especially since we've clearly moved past the point where sex is purely about procreation.

Isn't the whole point now that whatever two consenting adults want to do - more power to them? Or is it just that it's icky gross gross just like gay sex was 10 years ago?
>>
>>9595272
I think most incest happens at a very young age beforr youre able to have a real relationship. At least i did, by now its too late because its been a decade.
>>
>>9595272
You're too late to post that here jackass >>9559446
>>
>>9595272
just put your dick in your sister already and stop whining to us about it
>>
>>9595251
They don't even try anymore.
>>
OmniCon is on its last legs and let convention go'ers buy into a sinking ship..

Not a single original Director or original owner is still in power or around
>>
>>9595160
I actually do, I kinda have a Minnesota accent from my folks lol
>>
>>9595196
>>9595210
>>9595490
Reynosa fag here; wow it was dead as fuck, but not as much as last year. At least the voice actors tried to make things fun, and the Switch give away was nice.

>>9595251
I beg to differ. 2011 was when it seemed it was going to be big. The 2011 Omnicon has a special place in my heart, but I dare to say the best ever was 2013.

Was not able to go to 2014 so I could not tell, but ever since 2015 it sucks.

>>9595497
Is Del Bosque dead? It would be nice to have competition to Ramsey who lets that woman Tabitha Outlaw harass people, even cops. True, Pokefest has more to offer than Omnicon.

BTW who say today the cute short haired girl with bandages in her right leg. Anyone knows here?
>>
>>9596197
I would like to support Omnicon instead of dickbag Ramsey but it's hard to do when all Omnicon has ever done is bring in guests no one gives a shit about. It's why they're struggling now.
>>
>>9593948
maya's going to spit on you, just a heads up. He does that at like every concert so avoid getting near the front if it grosses you out.

Last time I went to an LM.C con concert people started lining up the night before, so if you don't mind being covered in spit and want to be up front first get there early.
>>
>>9596725
Why is Ramsey such a dick?
>>
>>9593649
>>9593650
Are ya'll fucking morons? Just because there exist 3 large cities doesn't mean most of the landmass of Texas is empty besides a few rednecks. Holy shit.
>>
>>9597627
>27 million people
>38 cities with over 100,000 in population
> 3 cites with over 1 million in population
> 10th largest economy in the world (compared to actual counties)
> 2nd most populated state

Sure is just a mass of empty space and rednecks over here.
>>
>>9596875
Can confirm the spit
>>
>>9597724
>tfw some areas in Texas is more liberal than my PC af state

People honestly have to let go of notions that a "south" or "country" state is gonna be full of conservative hicks
>>
I'm moving to TX from MA in the winter. Any Texans here have any recommendations for surviving / tips on acclimating?
>>
>>9598447
You're going to die. Good luck anon.

For real, though, all that can really be said is stay indoors and stay hydrated, unless anyone has specific advice on how to acclimate to our humid, sweat weather.
>>
File: cammy_battletech_pod4393.jpg (802 KB, 1280x1874)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>>9564484
>is there any reason or incentive to actually register?

Stomping around in (simulated) giant robots shooting at each other is always a hoot!
>>
File: qoij-S2c.jpg (32 KB, 400x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
God I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I don't cosplay this isn't my home board.

I don't really care for the panels at cons they've never peaked my interest, but I just wanna dress up and hangout in character with other dorks and party with other dorks. Would any of these be worth it?? DESU
>>
>>9598447
Get a place with a good A/C unit and then buy a box fan for when that A/C craps out in the middle of July.
>>
>>9598629
Dragoncon would probably be your best bet, but it's not in Texas.
>>
>>9598447
At least you're moving in the winter. As a fellow North East transplant, the mildness of Texas winters will probably feel quite pleasant compared to the bitter cold, wind and ice. Once the summer comes, just stay inside a small much as humanly possible. Something that's pretty much standard in every building and dwelling in Texas which isn't up north is central AC (kiss that window unit goodbye!). Don't plan super hot cosplays for the summer, becuse even though cons are indoors, you'll find yourself outside more than you want to be and it will suck. Also take advantage of the free water stations. They will save your life.
>>
>>9598659
>a small
I meant as. Gee does anyone else have nonsensical non sequitur auto correct on my phone.
>>
>>9598660
>my phone
their phone. This is just a train wreck. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>9598652
Okay but where are the parties at in texas, ya heard???
>>
>>9598670
You want AKon or Ikkicon then, but if you behave like an ass or are stinky no one will want to hang out with you, just a headsup.
>>
>>9598447
Where in TX are you moving to? I moved here not too long ago too, so I'm wondering if you're local.
>>
it depends.
>>
>>9593948
>>9596875

This year's concert is going to be at The Majestic Theatre instead of in one of the ballrooms like it was previously with akai SKY, FLOW and Bowling For Soup. I imagine it will be like the cosplay contest last year (which was also at The Majestic); a shuttle bus will take attendees to the venue, but by the time it's over, we'll all be walking the few blocks back to the hotel in one giant mob.

There are also film screenings scheduled contiguously with each of the events occurring on Thursday (AnimeFest Opening Ceremonies followed by Napping Princess screening), Friday (Lu Over The Wall screening followed by LM.C concert), and Saturday (The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl screening followed by cosplay contest).

They must've cut a sweet deal with The Majestic ...
>>
>>9598435
Most of it is small towns with dumb rednecks.
>>
>>9599198
I'm interested to see how having a screening before a band like LM.C will work with what I've seen the lines like before. I've waited 9 hours in line for a con concert of theirs before.

I know they've gone down in popularity some but with how rarely they visit the US surely there's going to be more of an audience.
>>
>>9598799
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to be in the Dallas area. Haven't nailed exactly where down yet but I'm thinking Denton currently.
>>
File: gw_denton_town_crossing.jpg (774 KB, 1375x1674)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>>9599872
>Haven't nailed exactly where down yet but I'm thinking Denton currently.

Denton's a college town, with both UNT and TWU located only a few miles apart. There is a Games Workshop store there, too!
>>
File: 1500210871154.png (256 KB, 345x385)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>9598773
>AKon
>>
>25 years experience
>Unprepared for the gay fattie tsunami
>Calls on Dallas PD instead of coming up with solutions
>Way2go
>>
File: 00000000000000.png (18 KB, 547x167)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>9603610
I'm glad I dodged the bullet by deciding to stay home but damn. Afest is my "home" con and I've had nothing but good times the years I went, I can't believe they would fuck it up now.

They weren't always stellar at handling the autograph lines but at least the ticket system worked.

Pic is a tweet I saw while reading how shit's going down, and there's drama from an autograph staffer in the comments on the facebook page too.
>>
>>9597134
>>9596725
>>9596197
Also, anyone knows that faggot of Adam Loper? He got me banned from facebook.
>>
>>9598773
Ikkicon really? Austin has no good staple con. Speaking of Ikki does anyone have the scoop on them having 'jfashion' ?because I'm dubious.
>>
>>9604308
They've had BTSSB the past 2 years. We'll see if that continues.
>>
>>9604308
I gathered that anon was suggesting cons that are good to party at, and goodness knows there ain't nothing better to do at Ikkicon than get pissy titties.
Slightly less so though now that it's no longer downtown.
>>
Now that afest is winding down, who is gearing up for San japan?
>>
Anyone have pictures of the Astolfo?
>>
>>9604333
I was staff for the last two years. That's why I'm dubious.
>>
>>9604851
If you're staff then why are you asking anons on /cgl/? Sounds like you'd know more than anyone else and potential pot stirring.
>>
>>9604874
I'm not any more! Sorry I thought context was more obvious.
>>
>>9603610
what exactly happened? I heard something about a fight at the YOI signing or panel or something? but no details.
>>
>>9604981

See >>9595479 along with the AF Facebook page.
>>
Anybody know anything about this Fandemic com happening at NRG in September? Does it look legit, or even worth checking out?
>>
>>9605010
less exciting than it sounded :/ I had heard someone threw punches?
>>
>>9567359
Wish I would have seen this. I was looking for someone to hang with all weekend.
>>
The Texas cosplay community is so toxic,I dropped alot of friends in that community because they caused too much drama and were bitchy non-stop! Ugh,FrostFox and some Spagetthi girl,whatever her last name was were the two of them!
>>
File: MPW-48706.jpg (88 KB, 600x472)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Anyone want to cosplay a giant bunny with me?
>>
>>9611971
Okay. I don't know what you want us to tell you. Sorry that happened. Hope you're doing better now. Keep your chin up. Ganbatte. I hope that covered everything.

>>9604981
>>9605010
I'm glad I missed out on AF this year. It sounded like a shitshow from what I heard from friends and what I'm reading in the thread. Will DFW ever get a good anime convention?
>>
>>9599210
Where in Texas do you live? I used to live out in the Piney Woods area, where people had farms and whatnot, and the most redneck people I met were the parents of some kids that I played with, and even they were some respectable people. Only real redneck thing about them was the house they lived in.
>>
File: king_kazma.jpg (108 KB, 726x1101)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>9612018
>Anyone want to cosplay a giant bunny with me?

That could be cool ...
>>
>>9559529
did I get banned again, or did I accidentally self remove
>Sam H here
>>
>>9612475
This is a cgl discord not pol
>>
>>9612485
I'll take that as a yes
Though I don't see how talking about looters is pol
>>
>>9612492
Were the looters cosplaying? No? Then it wasn't relevant.
>>
has anyone heard from any of the houston area lolitas? i used to live in SA so i know hurricanes can be a lot. obviously house, pets, and human safety are more important but i've been thinking about all their dresses since i know it's a big community.
>>
>>9612768
Never change, /cgl/.
>>
>>9612954
not sure what you mean? i'm genuinely concerned for all those girls' homes.
>>
>>9612768
They're using the dresses as flotation devices because not drowning is far more important.
>>
>>9612768
There are posts in both HLC and HLS asking how everyone is and some people are sharing information for help. Some people's homes did get flooded but hopefully most of theif stuff is out of the way
>>
>>9614191
To be fair, that was kind of a dick move. Not that I'm complaining. I'm safe and sound and getting first dibs in Dallas.
>>
>>9614363
I don't see how its a dick move.
If you stop life for every event that happens you're never going to get things done.
Shit happens, it sucks, but hate to say it, most people are still pretty much unaffected and want to go on with their lives.
>>
>>9614363
Houston =\= Dallas
A-kon is 9-10 months from now and they don't even have all of the hotels' blocks open. C'mon people. There will still be cancellations and stuff. They're not holding flood victims' heads under water, ffs. This bitch is doing it for attention points.
>>
>>9559446
Why do you people care about homosexuals so much?
>>
>>9612656
Ok but hold up, I'd be down for looting in cosplay.

"Reports claim that Kazuma Kiryu, fourth chairman of the Tojo clan, was spotted looting a Best Buy earlier today."
>>
>>9615821
>not looting as any version of Link

Amateur.
>>
>>9615824
Blue tunic Link at that
>>
>>9612768
Houston lolita here, so far everyone in HLS that I have added has marked themselves safe on Facebook. One was concerned for her dresses as she had been out of town, I don't think she's back yet.

Houston broke records for rainfall. We went underwater completely. If you think the pictures are terrifying, imagine standing on top of your roof furiously contacting anyone and everyone for a rescue while waiting on authorities for hours as you hold your baby and your dresses close. Fucking. Nightmare.
>>
>>9613029
have fun trying to use a piece of cloth to "float" in a hurricane (cause thats what you try to do, float, right?)
>>
>>9615880
wow that joke flew over your head like all the rescue helicopters over houston
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (1.88 MB, 3264x2448)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
Your boys out here @ San Japan. Where my parking lot pre gamers at?
>>
File: 9018421.png (111 KB, 445x628)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
Anybody knows what her deal is? Does she autism?
>>
>>9618503
Bitch, shut your fucking whore mouth unless it's bout cumming down to the 210 nigger. San Japan lit af & u's being busy being a dumb bitch.
>>
>>9618518
Fuck off to the San Japan thread, then.
>>
>>9618503
I dunno but she massively overshares every time she comments or posts.
>>
>>9618503
I don't know if she's autisim, but she sure is....enthusiastic. Met her at a con earlier this year and she approached my group to talk to us about lolita and ask us questions, definitely seconding >>9618554 in that she has a really east time oversharing intimate details and unevolved thoughts (like suggesting a
lolita princess party for the poor little children in the disaster zone" wtf) with complete strangers.
>>
>>9618616
Haha damn, that seems intense
>>
>>9605010
>One of the directors was crying near the autograph area after people went to her and were expressing their feelings about this shit show of a con.

Every AFest sucks. They sucked when it was a tiny con out of Addison and they suck now when it's downtown Dallas. The staff has always been and always be shit.
>>
/cgl/ probably isn't the best place to ask this, but is anyone else starting to feel like AM is using hurricane Harvey as a way to market their con? The first couple of times they posted about it it felt genuine but now it's starting to run me the wrong way.
>>
>>9559446
I don't see the problem with her post, but then again this is /cgl/ and I am an outlier.
>>
>>9580047
I don't care if it limits the audience, I want a fucking anime con, not some catch-all mishmash of dr who, stephen universe, homestuck, and other bullshit SJW babby magnets. Its already getting retarded with the number of SJW/babby panels. Like really, "LGBT representation in Anime/Manga?" Protip, they don't have any besides some yuri, bara, and futa, and nonstraight characters in most anime are jokes, because japanese people (the people who create anime and manga) are conservative and think they are jokes.
>>
>>9621805
AM scumbags will use any and all disaster opportunities to fill their own pockets. They pocketed the Tohoku Earthquake donations they had collected at the con that year.
>>
>>9622147
Im willing to be that san japan will do the same.
>>
File: FirstPromo03151.png (251 KB, 815x315)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
What's /cgl/'s opinion on Ushicon? I found out about it from its promoters at San Japan this year; the 18+ gimmick might be comfy for an old fart like me based on how they present it on their website, and their site's lack of crunchyshit endorsements is promising. I wanna know if it's worth it to drive to Hell Knows Where, TX to get to it though
>>
>>9624278
Round Rock is literally half an hour from the center of Austin.
>>
>>9624278
This is a con for people who are bitter cons aren't the same as they were in the 90s. Maybe a couple hundred in attendance.
>>
>>9624278
I went with some friends and found it really fun
it is tiny however. On the upside karaoke all night and last year had a free drink table

>>9624353
probably dislikes it because nobody secretly masturbates to her lolita
>>
>>9624278
It feels like an old school con. It is very small but you can go to almost every event because it's not huge. The karaoke is great, like the other anon said.
>>
>>9622083

I think I just fell in love with you, anon.
>>
>>9625370
...its on their website

>we’re recreating the atmosphere of an old-school anime convention when convention attendees were mostly made up of college students.

>It’s not a secret that when Ushicon went on hiatus in 2006, we couldn’t reconcile our core values of respecting content creators with the attitudes from the growing attendee population of younger generations. It’s fantastic that anime is getting more popular by the day, but the all-ages show at Ushicon 5simply wasn’t the convention we set out to makeback in 2002. When we returned in 2011, we implemented our 18 & older policy to promote specific values in our celebration of anime: maturity and respect.
>>
>>9595196
Omnicon really needs to die
>>
>>9615879
Hope everything goes ok for you anon! Sorry to hear about that
>>
>>9625584
Pretty sure that's gonna be the case after hearing no one showed up.
>>
>>9625584
>>9625615
>>9595196
How has Fan Weekend been going? Did not go due to money and I am sick as fuck.
>>
>>9624278
Ushi is comfy as fuck.
Free beers, great atmosphere, good location for food and whatnot.
The arcade was actually one of the better ones I've seen since they bothered to include older games.
>>
So A-Kon just sent out a Non Disclosure act to its employees, and within the ten page contract, downgraded employees to unpaid volunteers. Explicitly stated. I'm jumping off the A-Kon ship from this, but here's some excerpts from the hell contract. This is following up the convention being blacklisted from any Dallas hotel thanks to attendee behavior, as well as rumors badge prices are going up AND the Artist's Alley will be getting more artists... instead of the tables being reorganized. Contract bits to follow.
>>
THE UNDERSIGNED UNPAID VOLUNTEER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT
HE/SHE/THEM/THEY WILL BE ACTING FOR THE COMPANY AS AN UNPAID
VOLUNTEER FOR ASSOCIATED ACTIVITIES AND THAT AS SUCH THAT
HE/SHE/THEM/THEY UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT
HE/SHE/THEM/THEY WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED IN ANY WAY FOR ANY WORK,
SERVICES, MATERIALS OR OTHER THINGS OF VALUE, INCLUDING HIS/HER/THEIR
TIME, AS PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ASSOCIATED ACTIVITIES. THE
UNDERSIGNED UNPAID VOLUNTEER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ANY
COMPENSATION OFFERED, PAID, GIVEN OR GRANTED BY THE COMPANY,
MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE AT THE COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION
AND SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPENSATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, WORK,
SERVICES AND/OR MATERIALS PROVIDED TO THE COMPANY UNDER THIS
AGREEMENT.
>>
The undersigned does hereby agree that upon termination and/or severance by the
Company, that the undersigned does hereby, for himself/herself/themselves and for
his/hers/their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, agents, and representatives, fully
release and forever discharge the Company together with its officers, directors,
shareholders, members, managers, agents, subsidiaries, administrators, successors,
representatives, insurers, and attorneys of and from any and all liability, claims, debts,
damages, demands, suits, judgments, and causes of action that arise in connection with or as
a result of the undersigned UNPAID VOLUNTEERS work with or at the direction from the
Company and/or the Associated Activities , unless such liability, claims, damages, or injury
are directly and proximately caused by the intentional act or gross negligence (as those
terms are defined by Texas Law) of the Company, or one of its officers, directors,
shareholders, members, managers, agents, subsidiaries, representatives, insurers, and
attorneys. The undersigned UNPAID VOLUNTEER agrees that the Company and/or the
Associated Activities shall not be responsible for any injury or damages suffered by the
undersigned that are proximately caused by the act or omission of another person including,
but not limited to, other unpaid volunteers, vendors, suppliers, attendees, invitees and
guests.
>>
>>9592566
Who the hell reused art of Nao from Mabinogi to turn her into a cowgirl hick
>>
. The undersigned acknowledges that damages may be difficult to prove and/or that there may be no
adequate remedy at law for breach of this Agreement. As a result, the Company, in addition to
any other rights and remedies it may have, shall be entitled to the immediate issuance of an
injunction restraining the Undersigned from violation of the terms and conditions of this
agreement. In addition, because of the anticipated difficulty in proving losses arising out of a
breach of this Agreement, the Undersigned agrees that the Company shall be entitled to liquidated
damages for each material breach of this agreement in the sum of $1,000.00 for each such breach,
with such sum being offset against, and not in addition to any compensatory damages which may
be determined to be due the Company as a result the of the Undersigned's violation of any of the
terms and conditions of this Agreement and both parties agree that such sums shall be by way of
damages and not penalty.
>>
In the event of any breach of this Agreement the Company party may pursue all its available
remedies both in equity and at law. Each party hereby agrees that, in the event of a breach of this
Agreement, the undersigned UNPAID VOLUNTEER will be liable to the Company for actual,
consequential, punitive, incidental, indirect, or other damages resulting from such breach of the
express provisions of this Agreement in addition to the damages set forth above. In addition, the
undersigned UNPAID VOLUNTEER will be responsible for the attorney’s fees and costs
associated with the Company’s efforts to enforce this Agreement. Any sum due hereunder from
the undersigned to the Company as a result of a breach of this Agreement, and not paid when due
shall bear interest at the rate of one percent (1.5%) per month or eighteen percent (18%) per
annum, whichever is less, and the undersigned shall reimburse the Company for all costs
(including attorneys’ fees) incurred by the other party to collect such sums
17. The Undersigned shall not, during or after the term of this Agreement, attempt or seek to cause
any person from acquiring from or through the Company any service relating to the Company's
DocuSign Envelope ID: FBA11490-00B8-4A31-B254-D3CF768E3DE2
8 | Page
business as conducted during the term of this Agreement or openly disparaging or commenting
negatively on the Company, the Associated Activities or any of the Company’s shareholders,
members, managers, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, or agents, that has or may
reasonably be expected to have a material and demonstrable adverse effect on the Company's
business relationship with any person or entity (except to the extent any such statement is true).
The Company agrees to refrain from making any statements about the undersigned that would
disparage or reflect unfavorably upon the image or reputation of undersigned (except to the extent
any such statement is true).
>>
The undersigned agrees not to divulge any of the confidential information, whether in whole or
part, to any third party. Any third party as used herein includes, but is not limited to, the
undersigned’s family, significant others, friends, relatives, social media or any person or entity.
4. The undersigned agrees that he/she/them/they will not disclose confidential information in any
public forum, including social media of any kind.
5. The undersigned agrees and acknowledges that they are not an Agent for the Company or the
Associated Activities and shall not have any authority to negotiate, speak or contract on behalf of
the Company or the Associated Activities.
6. The undersigned further agrees and acknowledges that he/she/them/they do not have any
authority to speak on behalf of the convention or the Company nor will he/she/them/they at any
time speak on behalf of the Company or the Associated Activities without written consent of the
Company.
>>
>>9631528
I'm glad I ghosted this shitshow this year now. Fuck A-kon.
>>
>>9631528
This is why I volunteer to be a panelist every year. I enjoy going to A-Kon because I get to see lots of my friends. I do not want to financially support A-Kon, but I do not mind teaching new cosplayers some cool methods in exchange for a pass.
>>
>>9631528
We get anon, you got fired from A-Kon.
>>
>>9633829

If they got fired I doubt they would have been sent the NDA
It's likely anon is one of the paid employees and is just pissed off

While I can understand the awkward timing, NDA's aren't exactly new. It just Akon 28 years to get up to speed as other cons on the logistics front

I would be more concerned on how many volunteers or staff flip out about the NDA and leave the con. A con can't really function without a decent sized and experienced staff

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.