[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Join the Day of Action for Net Neutrality, or else we may all end up banned from 4chan.

File: image.jpg (75 KB, 1200x1200)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Old ones autosaging again.

Who's going to Afest?
>>
File: image.jpg (443 KB, 1123x1998)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
lmao
>>
I'll be going, four or five cosplays planned but who knows if my groups will pull their heads out of their asses. Gonna wear shit anyway tho. Not excited for the immense crowd of YoI fujoshis that are bound to be there because of Kubo + friends.
>>
discord.gg/xhrNxxr
texas cgl discord, channels for jfashion, cosplay, and off topic discussion. lots of us are going to Afest and San Japan!
>>
>>9559446
I know this girl. I'm still in shock she was dumb enough to say something like this.
>>
Does anyone know anything about Afest autograph policy? Mainly can I bring a board and get a drawing? I heard they just banned that last year. I just want to add to my Tanemura collection.
>>
File: IMG_3278.jpg (59 KB, 1242x349)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>9559446
>>9559652
She's been a fucking awful person for a long time now
>>
>>9559711
I don't actively keep up with her, especially not on Twitter or Instagram. Just Facebook.
>>
>>9559711>>9559446
Have any of her friends who were involved said anything? I saw one of them make a post saying something similar but deleted it when shit started hitting the fan
>>
>>9559446
when did Texas turn into Alabama?
>>
Artist Alley people selling at San Japan: what kind of stuff will you guys be bringing?
Seems like the last two years alot of the sellers had very similar things with only a handful of more unique stuff (stuff besides the standard prints, buttons, charms etc).
>>
I've never been to AnimeFest, but I plan on going to see the Yuri on Ice cast. Is it going to be like AX where you won't be able to see Kubo + Sayo unless you line up 3 hours before their appearances?
>>
>>9559652
Though incest isn't exactly my cup of tea, could you enlighten me to what is so "dumb" about her statement? Not only does she have a point about different treatment in similar cases, but having sex does not even equal making babies.
>>
>>9559870
Considering that they're promoting the shit out of their appearances you can bet on the entire con shutting down to see them. They don't have huge 3000 person panel rooms at AFest like they do at AX so it's going to fill up quickly.
>>
>>9559870
I think YoI is probably one of the most popular guest sets they've brought, but AFest is not a huge con. The first year they had Arina Tanemura I showed up to her panels an hour early and there was no line. I never missed one being about 10 minutes early the rest of the weekend.

Granted, Kubo is much more popular at this moment, you probably don't need to be that zelous. You can judge the turn out based off of the first panel.
>>
File: IMG_3241.jpg (182 KB, 1242x1445)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>9559745
Are you talking about sasurealian? Since they were in the original photo and agreed (lol) in the comments. Either way most of the close people she knows are shocked and/or pissed because she has a LOT of gay/bi/pan/trans friends that she went to pride events with, takes yuri shoots with, holds their hands and makes out with them at parties, etc. and calling homosexuality "unnatural" was basically seen as a huge slap to the face. I know she talked to some people beforehand about this and they basically told her it was a stupid idea, you're going to get dragged to hell and back, etc. but she was stubborn and thought people were going to agree and support her. I don't see her coming back from this which is both sad and dumb since she puts so much weight into her social media.

>>9559873
The issue with her statement is that for a long time she has hung around with her queer friends and supported them/taken photos/made out with girls despite vehemently denying she's sexually attracted to them. She basically got pissed people were commenting on her nejihina cosplay photos that incest is questionable, got mad and pulled this argument out of her ass. It's one thing to support incest (and if you want to do that on your public cosplay page???) but comparing incest to homosexuality and then at the end saying you think incest is basically more favorable because "of the mechanics" (once again putting down gay sex, something she has no experience with) is an extremely bizarre statement. Basically, if she even wanted to make this argument (which I don't know why you would in the first place, simply stating "it's fictional" in one comment would have sufficed) in favor of an extremely taboo subject she should not have compared homosexuality, especially in a negative light, since her friends and followers feel so strongly about it.
>>
>>9559680
You have to bring official artwork if you're wanting any autograph. Guests aren't allowed to draw commissions anymore that I know of, except Kristen McGuire. Tanemura-San does habe a drawing panel where you can win what she draws, though
>>
>>9559882
Glad I could give two shits less about YOI then
>>
>>9560096
Damn. At this point I think she's signed almost everything I own. I'm glad I got sketches the last 2 times she came through then.
>>
>>9559529
Anyone going to mecha? I know it's not Texas but it's a shorter drive than some Texas cons
>>
File: batman-bane-for-you.png (30 KB, 245x250)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>9560446
A shorter drive.......
>>
>>9560446
Maybe if you live in Beaumont?
>>
>>9560321
Don't count on it this year. The autograph line will already be insane because of the gay ice skaters
>>
>>9559870
I went last year when they had bnha staff and english VAs. They had sessions with staff and VAs, just staff, and just VAs. So I'd expect the same this year too.
>>
>>9559882
>>9560039
>>9560528
Thanks for the responses! This makes it hard to gauge how likely it is that I'll see them even if I line up early (thinking 1.5 hours ahead of time), but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>9559747
Tx is full of beaners with nothing better to do but get high and cause drama.
>>
>>9560046
That's going a bit far just to defend a cosplay. I'd be super suspicious if this person has any siblings. I'm hoping she's an only child.
>>
what does everyone think of the idol cosplaying community? Like Project Starlight and Love notes idols?
>>
>>9562318
I can appreciate the work they put into it, but I also think they try way too hard. It makes watching them incredibly cringy and obnoxious.
>>
>>9562326
yeah I feel the same I only ask because I know theres some serious drama in the groups and I didnt wanna be the only one who doesnt like them.
>>
>>9562318
I want to support them because I love idol shit and I love performing live, but so far from what I've seen, all they do is just copy Love Live dances and routines and lip-sync. If they tried to do other singing and dance covers I'd be more supportive, but so far they haven't done anything to make me want to support them.
>>
>>9561685

This applies to every state minus the beaners for most of them
>>
>>9562318
They're dance cover groups, I wouldn't say they represent idol cosplayers...
>>
>>9562318
Love Live is already dying. They're a niche market at cons at this point, just a matter of time before they all fall apart from their current drama.

I'd rather see more variety in dance cover groups at cons, I'm personally not a huge fan of LL, I'd love to see more K-pop covers, smaller groups with better dance skills, or hell even some boy idols. Mix that shit up.
>>
>>9559446
I certainly unfollowed her after that. Clearly she is a homophobe. How can you even try to make an argument that homosexuality is worse than incest? What a moron. She will always be "that girl" after this in the Texas community.
>>
>>9559652
She deserves every single bit of backlash.
>>
>>9562318
I want to watch the actual Aqours girls and other idol groups perform live at cons, not a bunch of cosplayers. Sorry...
>>
Ill be wearing one Victor cosplay just for the sake of YoI but im not looking forward to the inevitable makeouts for photos that will probably be everywhere.
>>
>>9562978
I am surprised more of her friends that are gay haven't unfriended or disowned her after that remark. There is no coming back from that kind of remark and blatantly shows you are a homophobe.
>>
>>9562318
I like some of their dance covers but theres so much drama, im friends with some of their friends so its sorta fun to hear who hates who and who's boyfriend is cheating on who. It's just inevitable whenever the group breaks up all together.
>>
>>9563074
Is it true that the Honoka in Love notes is batshit crazy?
>>
>>9562979
Same anon. I agree. I knew her and removed her as soon as I heard what happened.

>>9563069
Uh... I don't think you are really able to tell how many of her real friends have left if you're not involved directly....
>>
>>9563051
are you even pretty enough to cosplay Viktor
>>
Hitting up Delta H tday for any Houston types around.

>>9560446
Going!
>>
Is there a place where I can pawn off my Afest badge? I really don't want to go this year.
>>
>>9563477
What badge level is it (basic, premium, etc)? How many days are on it (weekend, friday only, etc)? I'm looking into going to Afest this year.

Btw, why don't you want to go? Just curious.
>>
>>9563477
Craigslist, project A-kon cosplay group on fb
>>
>>9563730
It's a basic weekend pass. Bought it as soon as memberships went on sale, so I'm just looking to resell it at the lowest price and transfer the membership.

I mostly go to see guests but none of this year's really interest me, bar a few I've seen at previous cons. I'm always impressed with Afest guests, but YoI isn't my thing and it seems that's the main thing they're pushing.

Otherwise, I don't have any friends who go to cons & I'm asocial as is, and I have an ankle issue that's taking a long time to heal so I shouldn't be on my feet all weekend. I would really like the vacation it'll give me but I'm not sure if the amount of fun I'll have will be worth the cost of a hotel room and food. I even thought about maybe just going for a day, but I don't want to deal with driving and parking in Dallas.
>>
>>9563962
How much did you pay? How much do you want?
>>
I usually ghost Afest since I don't really do panels or events at cons, just dealer's room (and even then i usually borrow a badge), is there any reason or incentive to actually register?
>>
>>9564072
$30 is what I paid and what I'm asking.

If you're interested, do you have a throwaway e-mail I can contact?
>>
>>9564515
Nayrt but I'm interested if they say no, please email me at tsunderelolitagull@gmail.com
>>
>>9564601
Im the one that asked her about the pricing, you can take it if you want
>>
>>9564484
If you're not into the programming, the only reason to register is that you want to support the continued existence of the convention. Even if you don't like the specific programming, there is a lot of money and effort that went into the organization of the convention itself.

That said, it's pretty much up to the individual to decide if they think it's worth the price of admission or not. I'm not going to lecture in either direction.
>>
>>9564601
Sent an e-mail!
>>
>>9562318
It's a cheap way to cosplay and get attention. Most groups have to get a fat Nozomi because no one wants to cosplay her and then if their group becomes successful, it's usually the Honoka or Maki that causes drama for the rest of them and leaves, making the group break up. Making LL groups now just screams trouble.
>>
>>9562318
I love watching people perform the dances, but I like groups better when they don't cosplay, because they aren't limited to LL covers.
>>
>>9563246

>Calling him Viktor

Anyone else doing AA? I'm hoping the con has more people attending because of YOI and that all of those people will be shopping.
>>
>>9565001
Why do people hate Nozomi? I just play the game to kill time at work so I don't know any of the politics in the fandom.
>>
>>9565185
Probably because the fan perception is that she's fat (even though she really isn't).

>be skinny Nozomi
>"omg appropriating a fat character"
>be fat Nozomi
>"lmao whale"

At least that's how I see it. Very lose/lose prospect.
>>
File: 1497494594477.jpg (11 KB, 192x146)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
is ANT worth booking a hotel room and making the trip this year, especially financially?

forever texas fag and ive been to RTX a few times, matsuri twice, ACC and delta h, so i'm trying to go to something new this year, cause usually i just go local to houston or to austin. also it's probably going to be a birthday trip, so some meaning to it
>>
>>9559863
Are you a fellow artist or just someone who likes to buy things in the AA? Enamel pins have been pretty big this year so expect a lot of those.
>>
>>9560446
I'm going too, should there be a seperate thread for it?
>>
>>9567001
If you're looking for size and location, do San Japan instead. Location is very convenient outside of the parking situation and its much bigger. A bit lacking in guests, tho.
>>
File: 1481187520459.png (445 KB, 593x720)
445 KB
445 KB PNG
I'm going to Afest but my friends are normals. Would love to hang with someone going. Tried the FF thread but had no luck with it.
>>
>>9567359
been posted up there but try the discord discord.gg/xhrNxxr , 15 or so people here going to Afest!
>>
Anyone live in or near Waco? If so, have you gone to the newish Animotion Plus store? Ever attended King's Landing's anime nights? Any experiences y'all wanna share?

I went to Animotion Plus a couple times some months ago, and all I really remember was how eerie it was. The store's location along with the dead silence inside made me feel like I was walking into a Stephen King novel. I want to support them since Waco is a wastelands for anime goods/DVDs since Hastings went under, but I wish they'd play some anime music to improve the suffocating atmosphere. Also, I wish they'd put more thought into their graphic designs. As it is, it looks like a 13 year old made them.

I attended King's Landing's anime night once and it was pretty good but if you go then make sure you bring a jacket (it's actual tundra temperatures). They seem to draw some decently sized crowds (for an anime viewing, at least). Any socially awkward NEETs here could probably see it as an opportunity to meet new people. Also, beware: it's dubbed.
>>
>>9567359
if youre a girl ill hang out with you! do you cosplay or wear jfash?
>>
>>9567407
Thanks, I'll do that!

>>9567493
Yeah, I haven't cosplayed in a while but I'll be going as Yuuri and Kurisu and maybe something else. Not too much into lolita but I like himekaji, larme and casual jfash.
>>
>>9567011
San japan sucks unless you have a group of friends to spend time with. Last few years have been cutting back on programming and the price has gone up despite the lack of guests and activities.
>>
>>9567002
Just a shopper who's become tired of the same 'ol same 'ol (and have run out of wall space for art).
>>
>>9567635
Awesome! I'm in the discord mentioned but if you prefer email or line I'll reach out to you that way!
>>
>>9567660
Same, I don't buy prints anymore because I'm literally out of space to hang them. I was always choosy about fandoms in the first place, how do other people do it? Just throw out things they don't like anymore?
>>
>>9567995

I switch pieces out periodically. Keeps things interesting.
>>
Has an unofficial meetup list for animefest been put together yet? I've checked the fb several times but only been able to find individual meetups posted.
>>
>>9568473
Probably not. Akon has someone compiling all the meet ups and running things but I don't think Afest does.
>>
>>9568473
>>9568686
Join the "official" Afest Cosplay group on FB. Someone posted something there.
>>
how much is a weekend badge at the door for Afest
>>
>>9572201
Not posted yet, but probably $75. Single day passes go for up to $50

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.