[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Have you guys every bought a lolita related item that you regret sending your money on? Maybe it was something that came damaged, or doesn't suit your taste, or isn't as high quality as you expected it to be??

I bought some AP socks off of lacemarket and seller didn't mention the disgusting, dirty foot on them. Yes I used oxyclean for hours to no avail. At least I know now that they're clean, but it still grosses me out.
>>
>>9629196
I just purchased a large Y! Japan order, thinking I got a great deal. In the package was 3 pairs of shoes, so shipping ended up being pretty expensive. When I opened it up the damage to the shoes was way more than the seller described. I should have known it was too good to be true, but the photos were not very detailed and I decided to take a risk.

I also regret buying shoes larger than my size thinking I could just stuff them. Nope. Not worth the pain.
>>
>>9629196
I bought boots for 1000 yen.. The total cost ended up being 68 euros and the fell apart three days later and were damaged incredibly fast as well.
>>
I like the item and the quality is good. But an item that ended up being way more than I originally planned, I have huge buyers remorse over

>want that cute witch hate from Antique Beast
>14,000 yen ok thats cool
>CAD recently plummeted so instead of being 14,000Y = $140CAD it was more something like $170-180 CAD
>didnt realize but AB only sends item EMS, was hoping to use SAL for more reasonable shipping
>item arrives and get duties on it

In total this hat cost me near $300 CAD and I cant stop thinking of how i could have bought a dress for the same amount lol
>>
>>9629354
Same anon. I've ordered the bat headdress and customs charges me 30€ instead of 10€ and I'm still waiting for them to give me my money back.
>>
I had one of my worst buying experiences with a DD. It was listed as like new. It was not like new, not even close. There was severe wear to the fabric and the collar was disgusting, with weird stains and thousands of little hairs??? or black lint or pills poking out all over. The bad lighting in the pictures had conveniently disguised the actual condition. It boggles my mind that someone could see such obvious damage and not think to disclose it when selling.

The seller also didn't bother bagging the dress or even putting tissue paper around it. She just tossed it straight in the box, so when it got to me the dark fabric had huge chalky patches from residue and weather and whatever else.
>>
I regret all of the beginner-tier Bodyline and other offbrand dresses that I bought when I just started out years ago. I hunted dresses with no real regard for if they'd flatter me or if they fit my taste just because they were cheap and I wanted to wear lolita asap. They weren't really ita but thinking about the brand I could have bought secondhand instead...
The worst one of these has to be a Lady Sloth dress I bought secondhand for what I later found out was way too much (the dress was quite damaged and had loads of pilling and I paid $100 for it). The seller lived overseas and I didn't yet know about the shipping and customs costs that would come with it. I ended up paying $200 for a dress that fell apart on the second wear, which was all of my savings at the time.

>>9629445
That's awful, anon. Did you get a refund?
>>
One of my biggest regrets is also a dream dress - when I saw it for sale I was so happy that I'd finally found it, even though the store had listed it with a C rating and described all the damages... now I've washed and repaired it but I still can't bring myself to wear it out because the feeling of wear is quite strong. It doesn't look that great, which breaks my heart.
Now whenever I buy lolita I prefer paying more for items listed as "like new" or "just tried on" rather than buying a cheaper item that's been worn to death.
>>
Everything I've ever bought from bodyline. I ended up giving it to a weeb for free.
>>
>>9629474
Same. To make it even worse, the weeb I gave them to was my older sister because she wanted them really badly.
>mfw i later found out she's using them for gross ageplay shit
Sounds fake, wish it was. End me.
>>
>>9629453
Looking back, I really wish I had. I was desperate to make it work and didn't think to ask for more than what would cover dry cleaning. And I ended up selling it at a steep discount, since looking at it made me sad and pissed off. But there was a happy ending: I ended up finding the same dress a few months later, in pristine condition and a lot cheaper!
>>
Even if I end up really liking the item in the end, I almost always have these few days of highcaliber dislike and regret when I order things from Taobao which are preorder items that I have to wait months for. It has nothing to do with the items but while most people enjoy the buildup and excitement for something they really want, I begin to hate and resent things that I wait a long time for. You could send me a diamond ring on a silver platter but if I have to wait six months for it I'll be disappointed with it and angry about it for a while before I can appreciate it.
>>
>>9629345
This happend to me as well. It was heart breaking. Mine was from Kera, what brand was yours?
>>
A pair of AatP socks that I bought direct from them. They cost a small fortune for what they were in postage, and when they arrived, they were badly damaged. All of the metallic threads on the lettering were unravelling and looked a huge mess, so couldn't be on show when worn. They were scratchy as hell as well due to the unravelling. Never bought socks from them again.
>>
>>9629517
Why didn't you just ask for a replacement?
>>
File: UT8W4yHXA8XXXagOFbXF.jpg (2.29 MB, 2224x3344)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
I tried to buy a dress from Ali. Well, It was the wrong model, it was ill-fitting and I shipped it back to get my refund of approx. 70 bucks. Pic related.
>>
>>9629523
It's BABY. I emailed them mentioning the damage, and the infamous 'Sana' sent back a rather rude reply saying that they were clearly not faulty in any way after initially claiming to offer to help on the matter. It felt close to threatening blacklisting so I couldn't do anything. They were that way as soon as I took them out of the packet.
>>
>>9629219
Same here. Bought a pair of Baby shoes for fairly cheap, but when I got them it was obvious the seller should have just thrown them out. Scuffs everywhere and extensive yellowing. Plus, they weren't the advertised size and ended up too big on me.
>>
> buy 1 (one) taobao blouse to try out offbrand
> shiny chiffon fabric
> wonky bow
> shiny, limp lace

staying away from offbrand now unless i can inspect it irl first
>>
Innocent World happy pack a few years ago.
While I waited for an invoice, our country's currency significantly dropped in value, so I ended up paying way more than I expected. The contents of the pack itself were upsetting: a salopette-style dress (too short for me), an apron skirt (exactly the same as I've sold shortly before that), a match-nothing multicolour blouse, a hideous mini-hat, an Iphone case (I don't have an Iphone) and a basic offwhite blouse which turned out to be the only item I could actually wear. The only thing I managed to sell was an Iphone case. Lucky me.
>>
pic related, i was a newbie and mistook a replica for the real thing, was left with that
>>
>>9629608
> shiny chiffon fabric
> wonky bow
> shiny, limp lace
I always try to look at any review pictures before buying to see if the fabric is weird or anything, and it's definitely saved me a few times. Sometimes there aren't reviews though, and you have to decide if you want to take the gamble.
Taobao quality depends a lot on the store, I've found. I have a really gorgeous blouse from Yolanda, and I think I've heard Dear Celine is good as well.
Generally you get what you pay for. You shouldn't buy a $20 blouse and expect it to be the same quality as a $100 brand blouse (although occasionally you may be pleasantly surprised).
>>
>>9629626
This is so tragic. My condolences, anon.
>>
>>9629445
I had the same happen to me with a DD. It was described as good conditon and I got it in a cardbaord box with nothing else around it. The dress was coverd with mold as the box did get wet. Not to mention the collar had such bad yellowing on the inside that it was noticable yellow from the outside.
Luckily I got everthing out and the dress is in a nice condition now. The seller refunded me part of the price as well. I hope you did get a partial refund as well.
>>
I have a few major regrets from purchases.
I bought a blouse on ebay when I was first starting out. I thought it looked great, cute ruffles, nice fit on the model. When I got it, it was tagged as the size I ordered, but nowhere near the same measurements. I'm sure it was missing at least two inches, and there was no stretch or shirring. I gave it away to another newbie just recently.
I bought a beret listed as an Angelic Pretty piece from Y!J auctions a while ago. It arrived and looked like the real deal at first, but there's no brand tag on the inside, and the colours are ever so slightly off. The service that allows foreign purchases won't handle counterfeits and won't take the beret back; I've tried everything I could think of, even my own bank won't touch it. So I paid $100CAD for a (decent) replica. Always check for tags and proof photos.
I've bought from sellers who don't bother packing things nicely, or they use weird boxes/bags that get damaged in transit. My last one was a set that came in a mailer envelope, no bag, completely open to the elements. I'm lucky nothing bad happened to it.
>>
>>9629626
But how didn't you notice the dark blue?
>>
I regret some of my JetJ purchases where the measurements were so horribly off I couldn't even try the dress on.

Also pretty much all my newbie purchases. Horrible bodyline and fanplusfriend lacemonsters and poor quality taobao stuff. I wish I had invested in high quality items right from the start. I wasted a lot of money that way.
>>
>>9629640
Thanks. Never bought replicas ever fucking again after that.

>>9629694
it was TOTALLY different on the pic.
It looks like a crossover between the dark blue and sax version of that dress.
>mfw
>>
I bought a floral patterned blouse and it only goes with one skirt.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 240x210)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Several purchases in my case.

Everything I have ever bought from bodyline.
Shoes I bought were gorgeous, but were huge on me and I had to sell them.
Also some stuff that was just poor quality like this blouse I once bought with scratchy lace.
That ugly stripey steampunk skirt in orange, what was I thinking?
A horrible weeby wa set.
Yet I still really want those cute velveteen military bolero's they sell though, those look good.

Replicas, uggghh.
I used to be fat and thought that was a good idea but once I got them I just felt terribly guilty.
Sold them at huge losses, I dare say that was karma and served me right.
I only buy brand, indy and off-brand now, will never ever buy a replica again.

A very pretty beige VM dress that was described as perfect condition, came with stains that never came out, not even the drycleaners could get rid of them.
They are not super noticable but it just makes me unhappy.

Aatp vr print in lavender (short jsk), once a dream dress of mine.
Was far more damaged than described, seller was leaving lolita and dissapeared soon after deleting her lj.
Overpaid horribly on that one, as it has discoloration because the previous owner wore it without a blouse, one of the corset lacing holes is ripped and it has a rust colored spot on the print (which luckily isn't too noticable when worn).
>>
Lady Sloth dress I bought off LM. Pilling, blurry print and horribly short despite the fact i'm 5'1'.
Managed to sell at a loss.
>>
>>9629610
SAME I always lose so much money getting things I don't like and selling them
>>
Bought a fan plus friend replica jsk back when I was an idiot noob and have regretted it ever since. The fit is...not bad but the fabric is pretty atrocious for clothing and the stitching isnt good. I still can't bring myself to buy anything from them.
>>
pretty much any piece of plastic AP jewelry.
>>
>>9629354
>>9629391
Every time I post looking for AB shit in the B/S/T threads I get shit for not just buying direct, but honestly, this is exactly why I always buy my shit from someone already in my country.
>>
Almost every taobao purchase I've made that was lolita related - blurry prints, shitty fabric, fit was nothing like photos. The only dresses I've kept are from dream magical and sentaro. It's never been a problem to resell them, minus the damn shipping and shopping fees though. Could've just spent it on brand with far less headache.
>>
That Venice painting jsk from bodyline, it's so fucking shiny. I also bought it in 2L because I thought their sizing was off. It was like wearing a shiny sack. Luckily I only bought it during that weird time bodyline sold the dress for 20$ and i was the lucky few to not get fucked with shipping. Another DD related one was fairy chiffon by VM, I love it and it's stunning but I am honestly not ready for it yet. Is that a feeling anyone can relate to?
>>
I really regret buying meta's dark night guardian skirt/caplet
It's a beautiful set, but it was an early purchase and I've come to realize I prefer more plain/versatile pieces. If i just wear the skirt it feels like a waste but all my coords with the caplet look so god damn similar. It's a nitpick but it weighs on me
>>
>>9629196
Two old school skirts that ended up being too short on me because I didn't account for a petticoat. When will I learn?
>>
File: cryforever.jpg (75 KB, 800x602)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I have a story/dress that still makes me mad to this very day, especially since it’s still in my closet. I’m a newer lolita, started buying items late 2015, wasn’t until mid 2016 I had what could be called a full coord. I mostly started by buying from Taobao through Clobba and used items, and everything I had gotten from Taobao until this point had been great. Nameless Poem? Fantastic. Yolanda? Good quality. Classical Puppets? Satisfactory. So when I saw this dress up for reservation with such a beautiful cut and interesting print and as a white gothic dress it looked great.

Problems started when Martin said they were altering the print slightly, bringing it up from the hem a bit, I don’t recall if there were photos but I think there weren’t so it was just on their word that it was for the better. Then Martin informed me as the dresses prepared for release that Brightness Seller (who would become Psyche) somehow FORGOT to make my reserved dress and were all sold out. I was very upset as really, they make you pay half in reservation and forgot? Martin gave me a refund and said he’d talk to them.

A short while later, he contacts me to inform me that, huh, they did have an extra white OP! I had really wanted this dress in that new lolita over idolizing something not that amazing way, and sent him the full cost which wasn’t cheap for Taobao.
>>
File: giganticyettiny.jpg (83 KB, 800x496)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>9630127

THIS is what I got. Sorry for the bad photos, I was taking proof photos as soon as I got them late at night for Martin that something had gone very wrong. You can see how off it looks, and to add insult to injury I recieved this very close to my birthday in late May. The length was supposed to be a normal length, there was no “long version” or anything, hence the photo comparing it to the Vilma OP. I’m only 5’3” and do not want a long dress.

Adding to the sadness, you can see intense boobloafage despite the OP saying it supported 88cm bust and 74cm waist - I’m only 82 / 66, this is ridiculous. Size 2 was 88-102 bust, 74-85 waist, so of course I didn’t get that size. I can’t find it anymore but there was a sample picture on a girl that was the normal length. Martin admitted later that many had sizing issues and the dresses were too small. The sleeves are ginormous, the bodice far too small even with it’s sad shirring, the dress way too long and messed up, and the print ended up being an ugly almost light green grey color instead of just monochromatic grey - this is the only thing that I find is my fault as you can kind of see that in the initial stock photos.

I didn’t push for a refund as this was my first ever bad experience with lolita, and I was so confused as to why it went so wrong. It’s still in my closet, and I don’t even know how to sell it. You’d have to be MM / VM size to fit it nicely, but it’s a very long cut that generally taller girls favor. It just makes me look stumpy, boobloafy, and sad. And it cost so much, but I doubt I could sell it for anything.

I could probably have it altered and fixed, true, but after how much I spent on it I just don’t want to invest more into this failure. Was it an error dress? An embaressed last minute thrown-together mess? Are all of them like this? I’ll never know as I haven’t seen anyone else get this online.
>>
>>9630127
>>9630129
Sorry if this comes off as some kind of pathetic rant, I've just never actually shared this story as a lonelita and I'm still mad that a company would send this, Martin wouldn't examine it, and that I didn't ask for a refund. At least it was a learning experience.
>>
>>9630129
i honestly think it looks like the pic? you have zero poof underneath it so it's going to hang lower than you like. if you wore an actually functional petti it would change the shape substantially. the sleeves are ginormous in the pic on the mannequin as well. i don't like it personally but they're designed to be that way.
>>
>>9630135
The sleeves might have been strategic placing I'll admit, and while they also looked a lot thinner than the ones I have in the worn sample image that I can't find it could have also been strategic placement. Probably not right in projecting my anger on them, you're right. I am wearing a moderate petti underneath it however, I just don't own any tea-length pettis. The large print changes (squashed in the middle instead of edge-to-edge) also probably didn't help how I looked at it. I measured it at 112cm in length when it was supposed to be 92cm, it wasn't what I was promised and Clobba even stopped carrying their items after this release from how terrible their quality control, sizing, and customer service was. I know I'm a bit at fault from naivety and not understanding the failures in the design from the getgo, but I think I'm justified in being upset with the creators.
>>
Most of my Bodyline purchases. About to try to sell them off. My shoes and wigs from there I do not regret.

This one pretty Surfacespell dress, received in size XL (I wanted a M) and it's way too massive on me and made out of some heavy material.

A lot of my early taobao purchases, a dress way too sweet to my liking, a weird heavy black skirt + capelet.
>>
>>9630129
If having it around makes you unhappy, just try selling it. You don't have to think of it as a waste of money but more of a "I took a gamble and it didn't work out." I'm one of the anons that got a gross DD, and even though I lost a lot of money on it, it felt so much better to have it gone than to have it sitting around reminding me of the whole experience.

Anyway, I don't think it would be too hard to sell. I'm under the impression that there's a decent market for Taobao gothic pieces like these. Just supply your own measurements.
>>
>>9629354
would japonica order AB? i like that they mark down my packages after getting so many 80-200% custom fees in canada
>>
>>9629525
this looks like my first sewing project when i got into lolita. cute design but "off" in all sorts of ways
>>
>>9630096
sell them to me pls
>>
>>9630129
If I knew you IRL I'd fix it for you, bring up the skirt and replace the back with proper shirring. It's an easy fix for me but I understand most lolitas don't have professional sewing skills
>>
>>9629525
>buying lolita on aliexpress
lol
>>
>>9630194
As far as I know Japonica will work with just about any webshop. They just opened for new customers again so it wouldn't hurt to ask
>>
>>9630262
nice! ive been looking at the swallowtail jacket for ages but that weighty fabric and shipping and customs. fuck canada
>>
>>9629680
AP berets have a different tag on the inside. I have one and it has the maker tag inside not the AP one but it's the real thing.
>>
>>9630200
Yeah, the waist was way too high and breast area too uncomfortable, if I were to list the most oblivious things which were wrong with it.
>>9630258
Oh, being a newfag and poorfag does this to you. However, I've seen some reviews with nice photos on Ali. Are those fake, or does this depend on seller and luck? I'm confused.
>>
File: asd.png (349 KB, 645x496)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>9630135
>i honestly think it looks like the pic?
Are you blind, anon?
>>
>>9630096
Which ones?
I'm a sucker for old school skirt and I'm short.
>>
No pics since it happened as a newbie lolita.
Decided I was going to try replicas since I was poor and wanted to not be a full of crap "just wear what you can afford - brand doesn't matter" liar ( I'd only purchased 2nd hand brand at this point ). The replica was supposed to pink wonder cookie. Photos from seller looked legit from egl lj sales.

What I got was most certainly a replica but I shit you not it had neon yellow stripes all through it like like the replica maker was trying to combine the green stripes from the white version with this pink one and it was salmon pink instead of actual pink. I complained to the seller and they just claimed that monitor settings can affect colours. I'd accept that for hot pink being salmon pink but the picture they photographed and what I got sent were very different. Sold it off for $20 with accurate pictures of the colours and explained the replica did not appear to be of any official colorway.
>>
>>9630129

If you really still like the original design, a decent seamstress can remake the bodice from regular white fabric and white lace, then take apart the too-long skirt from your old dress and resew it shorter to the new dress. Or just take apart the skirt and resew it shorter onto its own waistband so you can wear it like a regular skirt. I can understand if you don’t want to throw more money for someone to remake a dress that was a bad buy, though.

Your experience mirrors my general taobao experience, I have a fair number of decent dresses from various brands, but sometimes there’s the odd dress where the trim on the final production is different from the sample, or a matching accessory never went into production and was refunded, or measurements are just completely off. I think it’s just the gamble of buying from small indie shops, there’s so many things they can potentially mess up, sometimes they do.
>>
>>9630419
Actually, some Taobao brands have storefronts on Ali. Infanta does (did?) for a long time. You might be running into something like that, or resellers, in which case it's still better to order from Taobao directly as even with SS fees it'll be cheaper than the mark up probably.
>>
>>9630027
I've never bought from them before but really wanted that bat headdress, now I'm wary.
>>
File: IMG_4175.jpg (48 KB, 300x300)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Thought I could get the pink one, remove some of the trimming on the chest and use it as a nice casual Lolita
The fabric is thin and slippery, almost costume-y and one of the trims at the bottom isn't even completely sewn on and is hanging off.
>>
>>9630129
If you're interested in handmade lolita maybe you can use it as a base to alter yourself, like maybe you can cut the skirt part off, put elastic in it and make it a skirt.
>>
>>9630129
This is honestly an easy enough fix, a local tailor could do it for you no problem. Have them take the skirt up so that the top pattern sits just below the waist and also have them take in the sleeves just a touch and its fixed.

It doesn't excuse the fault on the seller's part but you can make a good situation out of this. I highly doubt just visiting the locals at your nearby tailors/alterations place would cost you much at all.
>>
The few things I've gotten from taobao. I got a classical puppets petti, since I heard they were great and all. I would never sit right, and I found out why a couple of days ago. Its missing layers on the inside on one side.

I got a blouse from souffle song for like 20 bucks. I wasn't expecting much, but it was a black blouse, and it had GREEN lace for some reason.
>>
>>9629680
>>9630366
My AP berets have the maker tag from where they sourced the beret and also the AP tag. The wool should feel thick.
>>
>>9630156
>>9630209
>>9630546
>>9630664
>>9630759
You're all so nice! I was a bit embarrassed after posting realize I probably came off as a raging rambler, I just don't have anyone to talk to about this with irl, but I'm certainly feeling a bit more optimistic about it now. I'm hoping to join the local comm by the end of the year when I gather the courage and will definetly ask them if there's anyone around they'd recommend. I wouldn't mind making something of it, would make it a story with a happier end at least.
>>
I bought a black op once described as "like new" it arrived with what looked like semen stains all over it.
>>
>>9630896
oh god. did you tell the seller?
>>
File: 20170914_163406.jpg (3.24 MB, 1900x2534)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>9630366
>>9630866
This is the beret I got. No brand tag, just a weird stamp. There are places where there used to be long ribbons, but the seller says she removed them.
>>
>>9630941
nayrt, but that stamp looks right (cross referencing with http://egl.livejournal.com/14326186.html). It's odd that there's no tag, maybe it came off when the previous owner cut off the ribbons?
It seems unreasonable, but not impossible that someone would buy a beret from the same supplier as AP then make a replica.
>>
I bought this jsk while drunk, thankfully I sold it but I'm still mad at drunk me for wasting money.
>>
>>9631071
lol
>>
File: 11234_320.jpg (18 KB, 320x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>9631031
Nayrt. I think the tag is sewn in with one of the ribbons, so when the seller cut the seam, the tag came off as well. Pic related is from egl and shows the inside of a beret, with the tag sewn in with the ribbon

Looks real to me anon
>>
>>9629626
I accidentally recently bought a replica too. Thought it was an original print and everything. At least the quality is good enough that I could probably sell it.
>>
>>9630917
yeah, she was just like oh well i dont know how they got there i didn't see them when i posted it and tried to imply i'd done it so i filed a paypal dispute and sent it back, i eventually got a refund.
>>
>>9631238
Good. How does she not notice that, lol
>>
>>9630941
it also says made in Japan so...
>>
>>9631449
nayrt but
>it's Japanese so it must be brand!!1!
Bodyline is Japanese too, they made replicas.
>>
>>9631454
Nayrt, but it literally says made in Japan vs bodyline garments saying on the tag made in China.
>>
I bought one taobao dress, then I bought a bunch of brand. Don't really regret the taobao dress but it's definitely lower quality. It's also a weird salmon/orange pink so it's hard to match with my accessories. I DO really regret buying a long-sleeved AP blouse from a Japanese secondhand site without measurements listed. Fits fine everywhere else but my shoulders are too broad so I can't wear it. Going to try to sell it soon.

Does anyone know any brands with blouses that have wider shoulders? Or if I'm just better off checking measurements before I buy anything.
>>
>>9631071
Anon wtf
>>
>>9631071
What a funny print

My worst purchase was getting a MM dream dress from someone who lied about its measurements and posted it in a much too small paper envelope (international after charging a bunch for shipping!!). Obviously the envelope ripped and my too-small dream dress got snagged and dirty. I only got a tiny amount refunded and had to sell at a decent loss since the dress went from good to damaged
>>
An Alice Auaa blouse, it looked beautiful on closetchild's website but when I received it oh my god the fabric was so scratchy. I've learned my lesson when it comes to purchasing tops made from any material other than linen/cotton/silk/rayon.
>>
>>9631521
BtSSB's old school style blouses are very generous in the shoulders! I have wide shoulders too, and several of my BtSSB blouses are actually very roomy on me. Meta also makes a lot of blouses with shirring in the back which can help accommodate slightly wider shoulders.
>>
>>9631521
I was going to mention baby's older blouses as well! I have wide shoulders and my old baby blouses fit just fine!
>>
>>9631071
>not keeping it for a sick gegege no kitaro inspired coord for halloween
baka desu famalama
>>
>>9631071
how terrible am I if I actually kinda like this?

Adding to the topic: I bought a Meta Musical Note Embroidery JSK in grey with the matching overknees from Yahoo! Auction. The description said that it had been in use very little and mostly just hanging in the closet. There was a picture of the dress, but it was pretty overexposed.
I actually had a lot of trouble with the shipping because for some reason customs declined my package at first and sent it back to buyee, so I had to pay shipping twice. When I finally received the dress, I noticed a coffee or tea stain on it that I have not been able to get rid off so far. This was one of my dream dresses and I still haven't worn it because of that damn stain.
>>
>>9629196
Every Haenuli purchase for the last 18 months. Not buying directly from her anymore. If I like a print I'll wait for it to pop up second hand once I can see the quality in other photos.
>>
>>9631676
I have no experience with coffee stains, but tea stains are very hard to get out by yourself. I ended up going to a dry cleaners and it worked pretty well. Just make sure it's a place that does good quality work. Don't give up anon!
>>
>>9632049
Thank you. I guess I'll go ask at the dry cleaner's. I hope they can get it out!
>>
>>9631682
Can you elaborate more anon? What prints or pieces have you bought?
>>
>>9632197
Inconsistent sizing, poor quality fabric, questionable construction. I've bought probably 6 or 7 release dresses possibly more and I've sold all but one. Since their first factory burnt down the quality has been very hit or miss, mostly miss. It's to the point where I have wasted hundreds of dollars in shipping fees alone and could have bought two new brand releases with that alone. Even if I like a print now I wouldn't ever buy during a release again. Haenuli was my favorite indie brand for a long time. Those days are over.
>>
>>9632197
Forgot to add. When I get home I can list out the pieces and the specific flaws. Most recently was royal kitten which has really flimsy feeling fabric and is an entire size too big (not to mention it was like pulling teeth to get her to acknowledge it and so much of a hassle to organize an exchange that I just took it to a tailor to be altered)
>>
I've known the fashion for fourteen years but have only recently been able to get financially comfortable enough to get into it. My worst purchases aren't dramatic, petticoats that are too long or too poofy (malcomodes square dance petti is a no go for lolita), and after discovering that Mary Magdalene fits like a glove, I got overconfident and thought Victorian Maiden would too, only problem is I got a Victorian Maiden Beth black sailor dress on mercari, which is like their junior brand or something? I fit into it, but the waist was way too high and while it's not sweet enough to look like ageplay, it sat on me weird, so I'm going to give it to a friend who's a couple of inches shorter and also in the fashion. A few weeks later I found my dream navy Mary Magdalene sailor dress just as cheap (about $100 including postage), which fits beautifully, so it's all good.

>>9631647
I agree, it's a fun print and would work great for Halloween and weeb cons where you don't wanna wear a light-colored dream dress for fear some asshole walking around swinging sauce will stain it.
>>
I bought some second hand AP Tea Parties that were in good condition, but I wore them once and the pleather started peeling. It was my first pair of brand shoes though so I'm not sure how typical my experience was. It did make me way more skeptical about every shelling out the cash for new brand shoes.
>>
When I was new to lolita I was still in a mode of coming up with coords that looked awesome in my head but not so much irl on top of not being practical in matching stuff I already have. One day I decided that I just HAD to have Metamorphose Rabbit Cafe. I have no fucking clue why.. it's unremarkable, even ugly, it's not my style at all, I look bad in yellow, I don't own yellow things or anything that would match really. I still don't know what I was thinking, but for awhile it was my most coveted print so I spent way too much money on it, never wore it and then sold it for about half the price.
>>
There was a cute Taobao JSK I wanted that sold out before I had a chance to buy it. I saw it pop up on Aliexpress on a pretty reputable Taobao reseller's shop so I figured they had ordered some before they sold out and were looking to flip them.

Wrong. Apparently they're making replicas of Taobao brands now too. I had a dress from this brand previously so I could compare but the dress from Ali was missing the brand tag on the inside, had absolutely horrible black lining and the construction itself was terrible. The bodice wouldn't sit right on my body at all and the straps were constantly slipping off my shoulders. The bow on the front of the bodice started falling off after wearing it once and they didn't use nice grosgrain ribbon.

Thankfully, the TB brand re-released the dress so now I have the actual JSK but it was a nightmare at first.

Another time, I ordered a dream dress from Lacemarket and the person sent it to me without washing it or sending it to the cleaners. Normally, I don't mind but it smelled so bad right out of the package... and they had wrapped it in a wrinkled grocery bag. I don't know how the seller didn't notice the rank smell coming from it before they mailed it out. At the very least air that shit out before you mail it!
>>
>>9630023
it's crazy how they used to sell for like $50+ on the egl comm sales years back and now you can find ap's plastic jewelry on fril for like 1000yen

>tfw i still want tokimeki necklace and ring
>>
>>9635272
>used to
Buddy they still do on LM
>>
>>9631071
hooooly shit I remember gong to the To Alice store in guangzhou and being absolutely baffled by all the employees wearing this ridiculous print
>>
>>9630559
There are always people selling them. I bought mine secondhand for $40 shipped. Just post in the BST thread looking for one.
>>
AP's Holy Lantern. It was my dream dress and my first brand. It felt like shit for the money I paid for it.
>>
i might be about to make my worst financial purchase ever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.