[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: heart_bags.jpg (434 KB, 912x916)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
Mainstream / Western Brand alternative options to consider for J-fashion and Lolita. Sometimes you just can't import, or you can't find the exact Japanese brand item available anymore. What are some brands and individual items that you've found that can fill this need?
>>
>>9750980
I've had people piss themselves over me including chanel or gucci in my coords even though it went with it so I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you don't give a fuck about what salty poorfags think
>>
>>9750980
I think she’s kinda obvious but Vivienne Westwood makes a lot of loliable stuff. Not just RHS but she makes a lot of heart bags and cute cardigans and accessories that can work really well in lolita.
Her Melissa collab shoes are really cute too and can work in gothic and punk inspired coords. They’re a lot cheaper than her regular leather shoes too.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (10 KB, 245x300)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>9750980
Isn't Milk a Japanese brand too?

Also I use this bag from Banned sometimes, it's pretty roomy.
>>
I get the idea but in what world is something like chanel more obtainable than japanese brand?
>>
>>9750996
>Sometimes you just can't import, or you can't find the exact Japanese brand item available anymore
>>
>>9750996
If you have the money it's easier to walk into a store vs have stuff shipped.
>>
>>9750996
I just saw that Chanel bag while surfing around for inspro. I wanted to include it just to show how many brands like playing with heart shapes.

>>9750999
It is, honestly. I buy a lot of things secondhand to save money, but I always end up buying Lolita socks at the actual store new just because then I don't have to barter over the condition and shipping and stuff.

>>9750991
Milk definitely is. I just thought mixing together brand and off-brand lolita purses would help show the overlap.
>>
>>9750984
Could you provide specifics about their reactions, anon? I have a coord in mind I want to wear to a con that involves a Dolce & Gabbana bag that's even more fitting with the AP dress I'm wearing than the actual bag that goes with the print. I was already having reservations, but now I'm even more nervous after seeing your post.
>>
I wear Betsey Johnsons kitsch bags with my coords a lot and no one ever said anything.
>>
That kate spade bag is expensive as fuck.
>>
File: _102229137.jpg (958 KB, 2640x4048)
958 KB
958 KB JPG
>>9750984
>>9751024
I don't really understand people who throw a shitfit about stuff like this... As long as it fits the coord, who cares?

Kate Spade and Betsey Johnson makes a TON of stuff that can be used with coords. I'd much rather buy a sturdy leather purse that can be used in normie outfits too rather than waste money on brand purses that won't get as much use (not to mention the poor quality in most of them).

Ted Baker has some purses with bows on them that might work for simpler mature sweet or sweet classic coords!
>>
>>9751024
There were quite a few lolitas who bawwed and told me I was trying to flaunt my wealth and make poor people feel bad about it. I guess wearing chanel earrings and bag that went perfectly with my coord really means I hate poor people. I've had to refrain from posting my high end items on my social media because of this too.

>B-but it's not even a japanese brand! It's not suited for lolita!!!

Yeah your taobao sure is Japanese.

I've worn gucci with coords to cons though and I just got compliments with a few side eyes so you should be fine at the actual con.

>>9751035
>as long as it fits the coord who cares?
Salty girls who are mad we can afford nice things. Thats literally the only reason.
>>
>>9751035
I love my Ted bags with lolita!
I gifted someone in the cgl secret santa a black ted bag last year with a cute bow on it.
They're quite sturdy too and don't get gross.

I have 2 of the Ted shopping bags too but they get scuffed really easily. :/
>>
>>9751040
There are always going to be salty people. It's not your job to cater to them, so just use the stuff you like.

That said, there definitely was someone posting in COF that was wearing mostly high end stuff, maybe one or two "loliable" items, and calling that a lolita coordinate. Maybe that's where some of the salt is coming from.
>>
>>9751024
I think that other anon just had a bad experience, I've never seen anyone being insulted for incorporating high end items into their coords. In fact, I can recall a few girls getting praised for it even when it didn't match. Bottom line, you'll be fine.
>>
>>9751040
I'm sorry that people reacted so poorly to your coord. Don't let it stop you from posting though! I'd actually love to see some inspo of coords using western brand bags and accessories.

>>9751045
I got a Ted Baker bag as a gift this Christmas and it's been an absolute dream! I highly recommend it if anyone's looking for a sturdy purse that can be used in everyday wear as well as lolita!
>>
File: NMV31HF_mu.jpg (23 KB, 456x570)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>9750980
I pretty much only wear non-burando brand purses with my co-ords. I love Angelic Pretty, but their bags feel so cheap and shitty. I would much rather use a cute Kate Spade or Chanel bag. Lolita burando shoes and jewelry also feel very cheap. I can't stand them.
>>
>>9751040
is this choke lmfao
>>
>>9750980
Why is milk there silly, the lolita bags are copied from milk
>>
>>9750988
Speaking of VW, I was thinking about this earlier, but how did she get so connected to lolita? Things like rocking horse shoes - when did those become popular in lolita and how/why? Just my own curiosity. I've only been in the fashion for about five years and haven't explored much that far back.
>>
>>9751034
You have a really warped view on what's expensive, huh
>>
>>9751142
I think the main association comes from her mini crini collection from 1985. It had a lot of similarities to lolita and it was the collection that introduced the RHS for the first time iirc. Although the collection wasn't straight up lolita (shorter skirts, lots of cleavage etc.) the overall silhouette and vibe was kind of similar so I guess maybe Japanese lolitas at the time saw the shoes coordinated with her lolita-ish dresses and decided to do the same and incorporated the RHS with lolita?

Also the origins of lolita are somewhat tied to the Japanese punk movement so I guess the brand loyalty to VW might have just carried over from that too. I don't know when exactly she got so popular in Japan in the first place, but it seems like she's always been really popular in the harajuku/alt fashion scene there for as long as I can think of.
>>
File: kate spade.png (184 KB, 1033x312)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>9751072
Well shit, now I need all of these cute Kate Spade bags.
>>
>>9751181
Protip: If a Kate Spade bag stays in stock long enough to hit the sale section, you can get it cheaper then a lolita brand bag. I got a strawberry kate spade bag for $50 when it had originally cost $350. The "trick" is that they will hold a sale on the sales section about every other month (an additional 30% - 60% off). Most of their novelty-shape bags do actually make it, especially if it's a very unusual shape.
>>
>>9751145
It was 300
>>
>>9751181
that mailbox bag is adorable
>>
>>9751075
Could be choke or Kate lmfao
>>
>>9750984
This is so stupid. Even Misako wears Gucci bags with her otome coords!

Happened the same to me for wearing a LV purse.
>>
>>9751381
>>9751075
pretty sure it's kate because she sells a ton of chanel stuff on her poshmark
>>
>>9751414
Definitely has her tone too. And she's been posting about VW lately too

Hey Kate, leeching off of your husband is really embarrassing. Especially when literally all you do is buy more shit while complaining about how your wardrobe is soooo big all the time.
>inb4 u jealous, poorfag anon?
Would legit rather afford nice things by working for them instead of starting up Little Tokyo and hanging around tacky quinceanera shops all day
>>
>>9751418
>Sharting
>>
>>9750984
I know that feel on the Gucci thing. Weebs gonna weeb.
>>
>>9751181
Kate Spade bags come up used pretty regularly on ebay.
>>
>>9750984
I want to see your cords, love those brands!! I used to be Chanel only but Alessandro has lit Gucci on fire
>>
>>9751142
Damn girl read literally any blog post or magazine scan about the history of lolita. Why do you think a lot of Japanese shops put lolita in the same section as punk and goth?
>>
>>9751369
I know
>>
>>9751166
Ty, anon!
>>
I fucking love this thread and totally agree with >>9751035. I can't bring myself to by a burando purse for this reason. About 70% of the purses I own are leather or part-leather, and hold up amazingly well. I've been suckered by cute synthetic purses that fall apart in a matter of months too many times.

I wear classic so it's not that hard to fit normie purses into my coord. Thanks to this thread I feel inspired to finally hunt for some structured, rigid, perhaps bow-laden leather bags. I need cream/ivory or black to be a daily driver and match most of my OPs and skirts. Anons recommended Ted Baker and Kate Spade. Any other normie brands (preferably leather bags) that gulls can suggest so I can build a list and start hunting?

And for anon's lurking, don't scoff at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. Hands-down best place to hunt for handbags. Scour the entire section carefully because non-clearance bags can still be marked down like crazy. Ask the manager when they get new stock of handbags in (it's usually 2-4 days a week) and go early. Or just check back weekly. Go to multiple TJ Maxx/Marshall's in your area to find the one that stocks the kinds of styles you like. Some stores will get stock from the shithole mall in the next town, other stores will get their stock exclusively from the "rich neighborhood" mall. If there are 4 TJ Maxx's in your area, 1 will be a goldmine of highly discounted designer goods, 1 will be a shithole, and 2 will be breddy gud.

>t. anon who owns lots of $350+ handbags but never spends more than $50-$120 on them.
>>
>>9750991
>>9750980

Milk is the original what the fuck
>>
File: dinerdoll_katespade.jpg (430 KB, 685x623)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
The purse is currently out of stock, but the shoes are still there. I know there are not cars on the border print of this dress, but the theme lines up especially with the op version with the little apron.
>>
>>9751636
No anon this is cute as fuck
>>
>>9751636
The Tax-shape bag is more Lolita, but I included the tote because the tote version is more convention / travel friendly.
>>
Curse you, OP, for lighting the fire of desire for designer handbags in me. I need a Kate Spade handbag more than I ever thought.
>>
>>9751515
Thank you so much for your tips! After reading your post, I went straight to my local Marshall’s and apparently they get new stuff in every Monday so I’ll be checking back with them weekly. As thanks, have a cat who was unsuccessfully trying to sneak into my lap as I was trying to work.
>>
>>9751369
That's not expensive for a higher end purse Anon

Not even a richfag, and $300 for a purse is a lot for me personally, but in the grand scheme of things it's not
>>
>>9751381
>>9751075
>>9751418
I'm not choke or kate, but I'm not willing to post who I am to prove it because lord knows I'd get even more backlash if the people who complained to me found out I was being salty about it on /cgl/.

I work hard for my shit, I have the right to be salty about those who don't put in as much hard work as I do criticizing me because they're jealous. It's not my fault they got into the wrong field or don't put in the hours I do to get connections.

>>9751436
>Alessandro has lit gucci on fire
It for real is like a whole new world of things I need to be mine. I couldn't be more pleased with the direction he's taken gucci in.

>>9751432
It's ironic because of how important brand names like gucci and chanel have ended up being in Japan.
>>
>>9751767
>It's ironic because of how important brand names like gucci and chanel have ended up being in Japan.

SK, China, and Japan are all obsessed with luxury import brands. Something like 85% of women in Japan own at least one LV product. Lots of the street fashion for China and SK is all based on counterfeit import brands as well because the pop stars wear it. It's entirely common and expected for luxury import brands to show up in street fashion from Japan, especially for eyewear and handbags. They probably aren't upset about it being inappropriate or looking out of place for the fashion, it's mostly just because it could be construed as flaunting your wealth.

Writing stuff like this doesn't help your case either.
>Yeah your taobao sure is Japanese.

Either way, wearing expensive clothing isn't appropriate for every situation, nor is telling people about your occupation and income. If it's causing issues for you at meets and such, probably better to just tone it down and pretend you make less than you actually do.
>>
>>9751873
>wearing expensive clothing isn't appropriate for every situation

nayrt but lolita is already a luxury fashion. Who the fuck cares if another person buys an expensive purse with their own money and decides to match it with a coord? It’s literally their business?
>>
>>9751639
I'm from NYC and an oldfag, I really miss taxis that look like this. Thanks for the inspo!
>>
>>9751873

I don't think anon talks about how much she makes at meets. I think people assume she has wealthy parents or is spoilt just because she shows up with a gucci purse, when in fact she's worked hard to make her money. Not that it matters anyways.

I really don't get the opposite snobbery here. We're wearing $400 pastel unicorn dresses. Is it really a stretch to pair a luxury brand item with them?
>>
>>9751899
>Luxury fashion
There's a difference between wearing burando and 4k handbags. Also, they're the one complaining about the negative experience they're having because of wearing an expensive purse. Being modest about your wealth isn't difficult, and yes, wearing expensive clothes is not always appropriate. Handbags that cost thousands of dollars doubly so.

>>9751905
Still doesn't matter where the money came from. Not saying they shouldn't buy the luxury items, just saying if it's causing problems it's probably easier to just not wear them to the meets. Sucks that they're jealous but really how would you address the problem? Tell them something like...
>It's not my fault they got into the wrong field or don't put in the hours I do to get connections.

Is it no longer enjoyable to wear a coord to a meet without a luxury handbag?
>>
>>9751873
>pretend you make less than you do

Are you one of the girls who keeps bothering me on insta because there's someone who has said this multiple times to me there. If you are, please stop acting so obsessed with me and how much I have/what I own, it's concerning.

As other people have told you, lolita is a luxury fashion and if I show up in cinema doll or misty sky or whatever expensive dress I have you know I had $$$ to spend so why can't I wear accessories that go with my outfits that also cost $$$?

People like you who keep bothering me over this is why I'm so salty, and don't go bawwing to people about how much of a bitch I am to you if you shame me for my income and I speak against it.

>>9751899
>>9751905
THANK YOU.

No, I do not talk about how much I make. I work super hard and it's really frustrating that I'm painted as this snobby trust fund kid because I want to wear my nice things.
>>
>>9751910

>Sucks that they're jealous but really how would you address the problem?

Leave, then complain anonymously on 4chan t b h because they're not worth it.

I don't even have a luxury bag to my name - I'm perfectly fine with my slightly scuffed axes femme bag. I just think it's unfortunate other people think that way. You shouldn't have to carry a donkey to please other people, nor should you have to 'tone things down' when quite frankly it's none of their business.
>>
>>9751912
Jesus christ, you sound insane. You probably deserve all the hate you get from your comm, from how you're flipping out right now.
>>
>>9751912
>cinema doll
>misty sky
>wears chanel and gucci

i think i know who you are. just walk away or block them everyone else rolls their eyes at the three girls who shade you at meets
>>
>>9751910
Anon, you seem salty. Why should they buy a cheap bag that would break after a while just for meets? So your feeling don't get hurt? What a joke. And I hope you don't wear lolita around normies, cause there is also a difference between wearing brando and $15 t-shirt.
>>
>>9751918
I'm sorry, how am I insane for not wanting people to give me shit over my possessions? Because if you can't give some real solid logic I'm going to have to go ahead and say you are salty as fuck over me. I'm salty but at least I admit it.

My comm doesn't "hate" me either, it's a select few girls in my comm and their online friends who throw fits over me for whatever reason and I am really fucking sick of it. I am allowed to be salty about it.

>>9751920
I have been, and I've talked to two of the mods about it.
>>
>>9751910
>and yes, wearing expensive clothes is not always appropriate

I understand this part. Like of course there are situations wear you shouldn't wear luxury items - i.e. times when it might get damaged but what we're disagreeing with here is whether or not it is appropriate to pair a luxury bag with a lolita coord not whether or not luxury bags are ideal for every situation.

Going hiking? Going to spend a day at the beach? Doing something that will likely get your bag dirty or damaged? Then yeah, sure don't take the bag.

Attending a comm meeting where everyone else is dressed up? Literally where is the harm in that?

Shit, I've gotten Gucci and Prada bags as hand-me-downs from my grandma and other older relatives because they're well constructed and last forever. Not everyone carrying one is "flaunting their wealth with 4k bags". You can find them on sale and at outlet malls too. Find something better to do with your life than complaining on 4chan about the bags people choose to carry.

Also if people are dropping a lot of money on something, they sure as hell gonna get use out of it. I'm not buying an expensive bag so it'll sit in my closet because it might make someone feel bad. I'm buying it so I can actually use it for its intended purposes.
>>
>>9751926
>assumes they know exactly who's posting on an anonymous forum
>STOP BEING SO OBSESSED?!!?
>goes on a paragraph long rant directed towards someone you think is posting but have no idea if it is or not
>HOW AM I INSANE??!?!? UR JUST SALTY OVER ME
Btw, I'm not even the same anon that you were replying to; that was my first post in the thread. You're really sounding crazy af.
>>
>>9751912
>there's someone who has said this multiple times to me
No, more likely because in general people know it's easier to be modest about your wealth than to cause issues within a group over something as trivial as having an urgent need to wear expensive handbags.

I didn't know suggesting making the smallest of an attempt to be more modest about wealth and being the bigger person would have me be accused of
>being an instagram stalker
>a poorfag ita
>full of salt

>>9751929
>i.e. times when it might get damaged
No, it's more than just being concerned about the "safety" of the item.
She's finding out people judge each other on appearance, and that everyone reacts differently to luxury brands and items. Lots of people who have only recently come into wealth run into this issue and begin to retroactively decide buying flashy stuff causes problems. She's maybe starting to find that out for herself. More to my point, is that possibly she navigated the social situation incorrectly, and could have shown up the first few times without them, gotten to know everyone, and later decided to wear whatever she wanted. First impressions are important. Despite it being a quote from a movie, the saying "pride only hurts" generally tends to be true.
>>
>>9751966
>asks if you are the same person who has said multiple times
>says if yes please stop acting obsessed
>not actually saying you are, just addressing a possibility

But yes, I'm insane. Maybe learn to read? The fact you are so defensive and salty about me venting anonymously on 4chan is strange.
>>
>>9751970
>still assuming I'm the same anon who you were freaking out on
Well, I guess you're retarded and crazy. Figures.
>>
>>9751969
I'm going to meets where people are getting all dressed up, I am going to get all dressed up too. I've said multiple times I'm salty about being bothered about it so many times so I'm confused as to why you are surprised I am behaving in a salty manner.

You are assuming a ton of shit and getting it wrong too btw. Does it make you feel smart trying to play investigator and try to map out exactly what's going on so you can try and paint me as rude/prideful to my comm?

>>9751971
>I misread something so I'll meme it up to try and make someone look crazy

Alright.
>>
>>9751974
You're making yourself look crazy buddy; I literally told you that >>9751918 was the first post I made, and you still continued on getting defensive and saying
>asks if you are the same person who has said multiple times
>says if yes please stop acting obsessed
>not actually saying you are, just addressing a possibility
Despite the original anon who suggested to conceal your income even replying to you. No wonder you get shit talked, if your attitude and reading comprehension is this bad.
>>
File: IMG_2760.jpg (153 KB, 2048x1503)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>9751975
>more memes
> no actual argument as to why I am wrong for wearing high end times
>thinks me venting on 4chan about something I've been hassled about for months is an accurate gauge for how I behave normally, even though i've said I'm here to be salty about it
>every post boils down to "y-you're crazy"
>>
>>9751979
>imagining memes when there are literally no memes in the post
>reading comprehension so bad that you don't realize people are calling you crazy because you assumed you knew who a random anon was from them saying "maybe you should be more modest about your income" and going apeshit on them
Well, can't get more embarrassing for you than this, but for all your ~defensive~ memes, you're sure getting defensive.
>>
>>9751982
>continuing to do exactly what I just said
Here's your you. I'm going to stop responding to you unless you come back with an actual reason why I'm wrong for wearing high end items with lolita.
>>
>>9751991
>still doesn't understand that people weren't calling you crazy for wearing high end items with lolita, but for assuming you knew who was posting and going on a crazed rant
e m b a r r a s s i n g
>>
>>9751991
Okay, nayrt, but to clarify this is all one poster (me).
>>9751873
>>9751910
>>9751969
Firstly, apologies for derailing the thread.

You can see I never suggested wearing high end items was inappropriate for lolita, even in my first post I mentioned it's somewhat common in most the countries where lolita is prominent. I was simply trying to convey there is a prevalent social stigma with having luxury items of any kind and that if it's being taken poorly by some members and causing you issues at your meets, it may not be worth it. I can't imagine you wouldn't have seen that as a possibility with the political situation in the western world at the moment.
>>
>>9752012
>I can't imagine you wouldn't have seen that as a possibility with the political situation in the western world at the moment.

Alright you have to be trolling.
>>
>>9751969
Nayrt, but you sound fucking insufferable. If someone owns something, they wear it. No one is hurt by it. It’s that simple. If your feefees get hurt by seeing someone having a nicer thing than you, you’re the one with the problem. The people harassing this woman for having nice handbags are the problem. She can wear whatever the fuck she wants and she shouldn’t have to worry about some jealous dimwits harassing her.
>>
File: 1502148538120.png (1.18 MB, 1600x1210)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>9751040
>There were quite a few lolitas who bawwed and told me I was trying to flaunt my wealth and make poor people feel bad about it.

Gee, if you're talking down to them and accusing them of being as jelly as the way you're replying to anons in this thread then no wonder they think you're a bitch.

>they hate because they got the wrong degree and didn't make connections like I did
You sound tacky and arrogant, no wonder people are tempted to knock you down a few pegs. For someone so successful the opinions of a couple commoners seem to bother you a lot.
>mfw just trying to check the thread for cool bags and this validation-starved fool comes to whine and make a scene in it
>>
>>9752023
Do you really think I acted the same in person as me ranting on 4chan? No. I had some tact about it, though admittedly I was taken aback when someone had the balls to confront me about it in person.

>twisting my words to make it sound worse than what I actually said

Well gee, I wonder why it sounds so terrible when you say it that way?

>for someone so successful the opinions of a couple commoners seems to bother you a lot

The fact that you would phrase it this way says more about you than it does me. And is it really that shocking I care about girls who have invested time in bothering me about something that I see in person, let alone my friends and comm who have to deal with this? Really? Cmon now.
>>
File: meb.png (157 KB, 454x408)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>projecting in the greentext
>>
>>9752027
meant for>>9752023
Seriously anon let it go, you're the one making a scene.

There's no reason to be this bothered by someone wearing a designer handbag in a luxury fashion, inspired by opulently wealthy people.
>>
>>9752023
If people are harassing her for wearing nice things, they are the problem. It’s no fucking wonder that she’s sour about it. She doesn’t come across as a tacky bitch at all, but you sure do. I’m convinced that you are one of the people she’s talking about, because there’s no way anyone else would be so invested and butthurt over her situation. Her conclusion that people were “jelly” of her is not a farfetched idea. If someone were harassing me because of my nice things, it would be completely normal to assume that they’re jealous. Now fuck off and get back to handbags.

On topic: I only have one nice handbag to my name and it’s a cheaper ~$250 Fossil handbag gifted from my generous sister. I want to get a larger one, but I’m having difficulty finding some with silver-colored hardware and below $400. Are all designer brand bags made equal as far as construction/durability, or are some brands better than others?
>>
>>9752025
>>9752028
>>9752027
>>9752029
>my first post in the thread and it gets pounced on for being a 'samefag'
Get a clue, nobody cares that some girls in your comm gave you the stink eye. Post bags or stfu.
>>
>>9752035
>nobody cares about girls in my comm harassing me
>multiple people other than myself are telling you that I'm in the right and telling you you're acting like a twat

Ok
>>
File: amoreexpensivebag.jpg (19 KB, 390x390)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>9751040
How expensive of a designer item are we talking?That could make a huge difference. There's plenty of designer items which go for under $2,000.00 new, and under $1,000 used. However, were you by chance carrying something such as picture related? I know some of the more unique Chanel items can go or $6,000.00 or more.

Otherwise, I don't really see why people would bitch. Only way I could is if it was one of the extremely high-price, unique items. Not saying it isn't rude to complain to someone either way.
>>
>>9752045
>multiple people other than myself are telling you that you are being a twat
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>9752049
Oh, I forgot, there's a couple official outlet stores in my area due to a tourist town that attracts a richer client, these places have authentic bags and accessories for only a few hundred. So, how expensive are we talking?
>>
>>9752049
>Otherwise, I don't really see why people would bitch.

Clearly she's got an attitude or said something else to piss them off. Look at the way she thinks she has IG stalkers and thinks everyone telling her to calm down itt is samefagging.

No nice girl with a simple Gucci bag on her coord would be catching shit. This is a bullshit victimhood story.
>>
Is it okay to mix hardware color with jewelry color? Say I wear silver but I have gold hardware on my handbag, or dark gold jewelry with light gold hardware, etc. Is that a faux pas? It bothers the hell out of me, but I don’t know if I’m right to be so bothered about it. And what about wallet color with handbag color? Some women match theirs but others don’t. These questions have haunted me for years and I can’t seem to get satisfactory answers to them.
>>
>>9752054
>making shit up to make me sound worse
Also I never insisted people were samefagging, sure at one point I thought one poster might be the same as another but I've never said this is all just one person samefagging, or even from my comm. I asked a simple question because it sounded exactly like what one of the girls who is harassing me said. Please take a chill pill.

>>9752049
Some of my items are around $10,000 on my social media but the ones i've brought to meets are more around the $4000 range.
>>
>>9752059

Gulls are seemingly really salty about mixing colors in lolita, but honestly I've mixed a shitton of jewelry colors in my own coords and have never been really posted anywhere. It's up to you, but personally as long as the main color matches the coordinate, you should be fine.
>>
>>9752059
I generally try to stay away from mixing metals and unless you're doing it all over so it looks intentional it's not the best idea.
>>
>>9752065
Okay, I can see that then.

>>9752054
She did say she wore Gucci with no problem. However, Gucci items are much easier to find at a decent price. It's kind of like how easy it is to find Calvin Klein at a low price.

She's saying it was a really unique, high-dollar item. That's why I asked. Some of the stuff that would really match with lolita by Chanel can start at $6,000.00 used. For some reason, there are people who get really angry when people show ownership of items at that high a price range or, fuck, use it for what it's meant for.

Either way, >>9752065 take it with a grain of salt. As long as you aren't endangering anyone by walking around an area rife with theft or saying, "Oh, this item was so expensive," you aren't doing anything wrong. If they ask you about the bag, you're honest, and they get pissed. Then... they shouldn't have asked. Have a private instagram account for the circle who can afford that stuff if you want to enjoy taking pictures without drawing ire.
>>
>>9752065
Adding to what I said, I don't know where you live. You could possibly talk to them because perhaps they felt uncomfortable walking through a city or public park, walking in certain areas specific to a town or city, or sitting at some secluded picnic bench while you're carrying a $4,000.00 bag. I mean, I would ask if the setting is what made them uncomfortable, and respect their comments if it's for that reason. If you all are walking around an upscale district or going to generally high society event like tea or a fancy restaurant, they shouldn't be feeling uncomfortable. There's no issue with you carrying something like that in such a setting.
>>
>>9752059
It also bothers me, but that's mostly because it's cool tones with warm tones. If it's all cool/warm, then it's fine.
>>
>>9752059
The only time I've ever been irked by it is noticing this one thicker gold chain choker I own (it's Hello Kitty), does not go well with a cross strap bag I own where the chain is silver. (I don't wear lolita, I wear other j-fashion for context.)

I guess I don't really notice unless it's two things that obviously don't match right next to each other. Even with rings near each other, if we're talking about lolita specifically, I'm not looking at the metal band.
>>
>>9752059
I mean, I guess if you're a brand or store shooting modeling photos, you'd want everything metal to match. I don't think that would really carry over into the public wearing it though minus an instance I mentioned in >>9752083. I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>9750984
So girls dressed in expensive princess fashions really getting upset over luxury brands. Sounds ridiculous but I believe you.
>>
>>9752094

Considering people have said, ignorant of their own irony, that somehow we shouldn't wear luxury items with a luxury fashion because of "western politics," I guess it really is believable.
>>
>>9752014
$300 luxury bags are a problem, but $300 dresses are not?
>>
>>9752096
Nobody said that.
>>
>>9751072
I had no idea Kate Spade made such cute purses. They pop up at my Marshalls sometimes so my poorfag ass will keep an eye out.
>>
>>9751364
What websites sell brand stuff and have regular sales? Or is it an in-store thing
>>
>>9751515
I'm super uncultured and didn't know these bags were high end but I recognized some mentioned that I've seen at Marshalls and thrift stores. So take the advice ladies and brolitas.
>>
>>9752095
I'm not entirely sure what they mean by western politics unless it's a very poor wording of, "I live somewhere we don't have areas it's dangerous to wear high-dollar items."

That being said, I understand the irony that such places are likely not the place to wear a frilly princess dress either. There are many places in the U.S. where unsavory people may not give a fuck about general alternative fashion including lolita; however, those same people may target somebody carrying a high-price designer bag. I'm talking about the anon who mentioned stuff in the $4,000.00-$10,000.00 range. They should likely communicate if that is the case, otherwise they're being rude.

>>9752012
Unsavory people because not all North or South American 'poor people' care about whether or not someone is carrying an expensive bag. Most would likely just admire it no less then when the see someone walking on the street with strange fashion.
>>
>>9751729
I feel like a fool for thinking Betsy Johnson was the only lolitable brand purses.
>>
File: moschino pill.jpg (46 KB, 550x700)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I don't think it would work much with lolita per-se, but I have always envisioned a Moschino pill bag working well with a guro or menhara coord!
>>
File: KS truck.jpg (120 KB, 736x1104)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>9751364
>>9752107
Kate Spade also has online "surprise sales" where everything on the surprise sale site is up to 75% off the original price.
It's technically sale on their outlet stock, but a lot of novelty that doesn't sell gets transferred to outlet and if it doesn't sell it outlet, it gets tossed into the surprise sale.

>>9751636
I got DD specifically to match pic related. Kate Spade does a lot of mint/pink combos for spring.
>>
>>9751764
>>9751498
Not everyone has a career with a decent income. 300-500 dollars isn't much for a bag you'll use for years but for a students would be to buy a lolira bag.
>>
Dumping some upcoming loliable KS purses for this spring. Stores won't have these in stock until February.
>>
>>9752189
>>
>>9752191
Also comes in black.
>>
>>9752192
>>
File: Magnolia_Sam.jpg (134 KB, 589x500)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>9752195
>>
>>9752197
>>
File: Woven_Straw_Sam_Bag.jpg (201 KB, 574x500)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>9752199
>>
File: Lobster_Crossbody.jpg (159 KB, 692x500)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>9752200
And for anyone planning sailor/marine themed coords...
>>
File: Small_Crab_Lottie.jpg (125 KB, 536x500)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9752202
>>
>>9752202
Not planning any marine or sailor coords but that lobster is kawaii as fuck and I need to take him home with me
>>
File: Dollface_Clutch.jpg (32 KB, 462x615)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9752209
He comes out in March. My only worry about his is whether his body will be big enough to fit a phone. Kate Spade had an adorable matryoshka purse but it was too small to fit an iPhone, which is absolutely ridiculous given that most people have a phone around that size.
>>
>>9752202
This is adorable but all i can think about is that I'll have to fist a lobster in the mouth to get my keys.
>>
>>9752200
Is this bag out yet? Please link if so.
>>
>>9752225
It's not out yet. I should've clarified, apologies for the confusion, anon!

>>9752192 >>9752195 >>9752197 are for February

>>9752189 >>9752191 >>9752199 >>9752200 are for March

>>9752202 >>9752204 are for April.
>>
>>9752059
Generally metal mixing works if they're not directly near each other. For example, silver on the wrist and gold on the belt is visually near each other so they clash more than if the gold is in a necklace. Most people feel metal-mixing is alright if the metal is used in more than one jewelry/accent piece or if it's a highlight of the outfit (like a metallic skirt).
>>
>>9752233
Bless u and Kate Spade's stupidly adorable novelty purses
>>
>>9752045
I really want the anon who knows who you are to out you, because you sound like an idiot and a twat.
>>
>>9752265
um i know who she is yeah but she's not a bad person or really wrong about this so i'm not going to out her or anything i just think she should ignore the girls who are giving her a hard time.

she's not lying she's got people bothering her out of jealousy bc she has a lot of expensive hobbies + stuff but she can just ignore/block them idk why she's this upset but i don't run her life.
>>
>>9751912
If you’re the girl who wore basic Chanel logo flats with CD, that coord sucked and please don’t wear flats it makes you look even stubbier and chubbier
>>
>>9752271
She doesn't seem upset to me, just venting. Then anons tried to fix her problems, but she never asked for it and even said she was venting.

But let's stay on topic.
I seriously considering buying a better bag than my current, because I like that they are made out of leather rather than plastic. But I'm addicted to Liz Lisa styles and these all look so plain with their single bows. >>9752192 is the only bag that comes close to convincing me, but I hate the cording wrapped along the edge. Does anyone have recommendations for bags similar in style? Even if it's an older bag no longer in production. This thread has helped me find a few that are nice, but nothing I can really commit too, especially since I'm pretty careful with my bags and pleather ones last me years of daily use.
>>
>>9752271
Tbh I don't really care about the girls giving her a hard time or her bags, but anyone who thinks they can tell who someone is from a single line is probably wrong in the head.
>>
>>9752163
Certainly works well for all those chronic illness special snowflake lolitas.
>>
>>9752314
Have you tried looking at Samantha Thavasa? Western brands like Kate Spade will release cute things with bows but the rest of it will be toned down.
>>
>>9752571
Dropping a pair of KS purses with bows but are otherwise plain.
>>
>>9752572
>>
>>9751364
Thanks for the tip anon!
>>
>>9752163
This is so tacky, I'm sorry.
>>
Dumping some beautiful DG bags
>>
>>9752624
>>
>>9752625
>>
>>9752627
>>
>>9752628
>>
>>9752630
>>
>>9752632
>>
>>9752571
What is Samantha Thavasa's quality like?
>>
>>9752632
So fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>9752646
Nayrt but I bought a bag last year on sale while I was in Hawaii and it's pretty nice! I'd compare it to my Kate Spade bags. They release a lot of collaboration bags too so while I was there they had Beauty and the Beast (and other Disney) and Sanrio bags as well.
>>
>>9752692
Oh but also should mention - Samantha Thavasa is a Japanese brand so if you're in the US, the only store location is in Hawaii. It kind of goes against the point of "buying mainstream brands so you don't have to pay international shipping" unless you happen to live in Japan or Hawaii.
>>
>>9752571
Oh wow, that bag is perfect. Thanks anon! I think I saw them in an airport when I was traveling, but the collection they had at the time was a little on the plainer side. I did browse for quite a while, but I had completely forgotten about them. I appreciate the rec!
>>
>>9751040
You are honestly my hero right now. Thrifting and hunting is part of the coord making enjoyment for me! I volunteer at a resell shop that regularly gets brand new high end things. Not only do I get first pick while I sort, but I also get a huge discount as a volunteer! The only downside is that they get such a large volume of donations, they end up sending cunks of it to Goodwill before I can get to it.
>>
>>9752202
I can't find where to buy this help me out someone ):
>>
>>9753825
>>9752233
Just saw this nvm
>>
>>9752624
>>9752633
Shit anon, what have you done.
>>
>>9752025
>I had some tact about it
you practically told us who you are. this is an anyonymous image board, I didn't want to know
>>
>>9752059
I hate it too, don't do it
>>
I vaguely remember Kate Spade stole designs from a smaller brand but I can't find any info about it now.
>>
>>9753846
Was it this? https://www.salon.com/2010/02/25/kate_spade_controversy/

Book shaped bags aren't an original design. You could even say that the other designer ripped off AATP.
>>
>>9752216
I wasn't that interested in this bag but now I am, just to see the discomfort in everyone else's eyes when I fist a lobster.
>>
>>9752049
>I know some of the more unique Chanel items can go or $6,000.00 or more.
$6000 is what a normal Chanel bag goes for, like their Boy bags or Double Flaps. They have quite a few bags that are $30,000.
>>
>>9753846
No, it wasn't.
>>
I wear McQueen accessories with my coords all the time. Lulu Guinness could also work quite well for bags, it's around the same price range as Kate Spade.
>>
>>9753846
Kate Spade copies designs from big designers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did from unknown designers as well. They change the design a little bit so most people are okay with it, unless original ideas is something important to you.
>>
I think it's a Japanese brand,but does anyone have a Samantha Vega bag? They look cute but I don't know about the quality

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.