[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

30 bucks, capped at 1000 badges, no con center, radisson hotel only

so glad Random Battle Con 2 is finally happening
>>
>1k badge limit
why are they doing this to themselves? 1k attendees is tiny, really tiny.
>>
Shuto's got more pull in their name than RBC did, even though it was run by the same people, so I think it's got enough of a fan base it'll sell out (for comparison, RBC sold about 400 badges). But I doubt that'll be enough to keep Stefanie afloat, since she doesn't really have another source of income and there aren't many other places in Lansing suitable for a convention of Shuto's size. I get the feeling that although this is supposed to be a "gap" year or mini-con for Shuto while they look for a venue that can match the Lansing Convention Center, it's really gonna be its last.
>>
>>9902829

They lost the convention center so it's just in the tiny ass hotel connected to it.
>>
1000 badges is tiny, but I feel like it’s going to seem overcrowded in just the Raddison. Does the Raddison even have enough space to host a convention? I think there’s just the room where registration usually is, the big hallway by the registration room, and then the rooms where con ops and pre-judging usually are. And then the downstairs area by the Starbucks and the lobby, but you can’t really set up convention shit there.
>>
File: rip.png (35 KB, 471x406)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>
>>9904364
so get ready for either no artists, or a godaiko con level walkout
>>
>>9904364
>Win vip badge
>Options are either to not get a vip badge for 2019 and shitty attendance or wait for the 2020 con that probably won't happen
This is amazing lmao
>>
>>9904364
I wonder if this is available to the 2017 winners who never got their 2018 badge and got blocked by Stephanie for asking
>>
>safe space button removed from site
time to bully
>>
i hear they have over 50k in debt still. shito isn't gonna make that back with a minicon
cheap as free guests or no guests
no artist or dealer in there right mind would apply
shito is dead
>>
>>9903552
>They lost the convention center
Do we know why?
>>
>>9905346
Ya can't hold a function at a place that ya can't pay for

they just didn't pay them
>>
>>9904482
is she finally giving up on that cringy shit
>>
>>9904427
She needs cash she wont honor shit

Do we know if guests staff and panels have been paid?
>>
>>9905352
Hahaha no. It'll take more than a good episode of South Park to convince her.
>>
>>9902814
Oh boy, time for another video.
>>
>>9905515
Please lol
>>
>>9902829
Cause the Raddison is a box of a hotel. Small as fuck.
>>
>>9905515
Yes
>>
>>9905515
>>
Rip Shuto
>>
File: FB_IMG_1528383705799.jpg (80 KB, 702x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
at least she has her ugly sans knock off plush to fall back on

now with added gross cultural appropriation
>>
File: FB_IMG_1528323880896.jpg (101 KB, 1024x1365)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
That face sums it all up.
>>
Rip shito
>>
love how they were saying the website is under construction like it was about to get a nice little makeover, and then the new one looks exactly the same.
>>
Say has anyone noticed that the cons group went from having ~6 admins to now only having 3? Wonder what happened there.
>>
>>9906413
i heard 4 of the main staff resigned

notice how there are no dept leaders listed on the staff page

ghost town
>>
File: reason.jpg (46 KB, 470x413)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>9906989
Apparently it's because they're on summer vacation. I bet Nancy dumped Stefanie, so a bunch of them bailed on the con because she's such a mess.
>>
>>9907614
still probably easier than trying to get a response about anything from youmacon tho
>>
>>9904194

Yeah it's gonna be crowded as fuck. Also located no single day passes. Big Stef wants to squeeze every last bit she can.
>>
>>9908039

Lol at
>>
File: image.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1000)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>9904482
>>
So I'm just gonna say that even if Shuto Con sells all 1000 tickets (which is a pretty big if), they're not gonna be able to make their money back. With 1000 tickets selling for $35 each, the con will make no more than $35000 on sales. Once you subtract the costs of booking the hotel ($7000-1200?), paying for guests (each guest is $500-1000 each, so if they get 6 guests that's about $3000-6000 for that, plus the costs of the guests hotel rooms), paying for the panel hosts, events, equipment rental, paying the staff, and anything else I'm not thinking of (costs may vary). At the end it sounds like they won't be able to afford to run the con even if they sell out on badges. Anyone else care to explain how they'll be able to afford all of this?
>>
>>9905337
>i hear they have over 50k in debt still.
>>9908088
>With 1000 tickets selling for $35 each, the con will make no more than $35000 on sales.

Finances isn't hard; the only thing that makes you go into the red is unexpected expenses, which I cannot imagine that there are a lot of when you run a convention. Does no one on that staff know how to use Excel or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 512x384)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9908088

Easy
>>
>>9908088
Lol they don't pay panelists, at least
>>
>>9908097
The scary thing is I could actually see them doing this.
>>
>>9908106
Do they take money off on their badge fees? If so then that means less money for them.
>>
>>9908109
>Do they take money off badge fees?
Lol fuck no, the only thing they get back is those damn plushies, thats it. They still have to pay full boat for badges.
>>
>>9908109
No, they don't offer anything to panelists. Last I did them they offered leftover merch for x hours of panels.
>>
>>9908131
>>9908130
Never mind, I guess that's one less expense on their list. Most cons tend to offer them a discount on their badges at least, silly of me to assume Shuto would do the smart thing and be sensible.
>>
I got a voucher for a Shuto Con tshirt for doing 3 hours of panels, hahaha
>>
File: hacked.png (159 KB, 1004x664)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Anyone remember when this happened? Is now the right time to mess with them some more? I really feel like it is.
>>
>>9907614
She's gone. I don't know about other staff. Nancy is one of my artist friends from cons.

I guess some recent really bad drama went down. I don't know all the details. Nancy resigned from Shuto. She sometimes comments and likes my statuses about how poorly run the con is. Based on that and the cringe post Stephanie posted on her page about them not being friends, I don't think it ended well.

Good for Nancy for leaving. Stephanie lost all my respect this last Shuto.

I am noat

I am not at all happy with this con. I was in "pro row" behind the curtian wall. Pro row was a huge mess this past year. We paid so much only to be hidden. My sales were horrible.

I was walking over to the information booth to see if Nancy could do anything about it and I overheard Stephanie jokingly brush off the complaints.

She blamed them all on one of the other artists. Some girl named Megzy I think.

Stephanie said "She complains about everything."and laughed it off and was really loud about it. It was disgusting and disrespectful. I don't know what Stephanie does for an income, but I do this to help pay for my bills while I'm in school. I need this income and I paid extra to be treated well. She brushed it off like we didn't matter. I don't know who Megzy is. I feel bad for her. Her previous and valid complaints were probably treated like a joke.

Nancy looked really pissed after she left. I was really pissed off, too. I talked to Nancy and she told me she was trying to get it taken down since Thursday set up.

Stephanie came over and talked to my booth helper shortly after that. But what is she going to say?

We only deal with Stephanie to get a table at her con. Now that Shuto is dead. I'm done pretending to be friends with her.
>>
File: yamchacon.gif (584 KB, 320x179)
584 KB
584 KB GIF
I feel like I'm insulting Yamcha here.
>>
>>9908493
>Based on that and the cringe post Stephanie posted on her page about them not being friends, I don't think it ended well.

Mind sharing that post? It must be for friends only.
>>
Those 2018 vip winners were super fucked over. Either use it now or never use it.
>>
>>9908514
I've since removed myself from her friend's list. I know I'm not the only one who was friends with her for a booth. Anyone care to provide a screen grab?
>>
>>9908493
>I don't know what Stephanie does for an income
As far as I know, it's just this con and her half-assed plushies. Maybe child support, too? I'm not sure if her kid lives with her or not.
>>
>>9909026
>I'm not sure if her kid lives with her or not.
I'm told her and Joe share custody.
>>
>>9907614
Nancy and Stef actually broke up before the con if I remember right, she unfriended me a long long time ago but I keep working my way back in to that bitter factory
>>
>>9906989
Yeah. Shuto lost officer staff. Hard to stick arround when you aren't being heard. You try to make the show better for the attendees and some leadership is just more concerned with themselves and thier own selfish needs.
Some truly fucked up shit happens because pride and narcissism gets in the way.
>>
on second thought, I don't think I'll need to send anymore fake emails out, Shuto con is hurting themselves more than anything I could possibly do.
>>
>>9909191
Besides, isn't it more meaningful when a con fails entirely through their own hard work and perseverance, and not because of the assistance of others?
>>
>>9909194
Yeah but it's also pretty funny, I mean did you see the reaction people had to those emails?
>>
>>9909197
I can't believe people took them seriously. I mean they could have been way more damaging if they sounded like an actual email, and weren't blatantly "give us your fucking money you fat weebs". I laughed so hard when I saw them but people were getting actually upset and offended?
>>
>>9909212
Yeah it was pretty funny, I just wish I could see how much the staff was freaking out over it. The funny thing is that whenever I tell someone that heard about that prank that it was my doing, they applaud me for doing it. People find it funny that I was making a fool out of the con like that.
>>
File: crybaby.jpg (16 KB, 428x101)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>9909215
You did make one of the cons supporters cry "real tears" as a result, is that worth anything?
>>
>>9909573
She's been pretty vocal about her bad experiences with Shuto security and staff over the last few years, I definitely wouldn't consider her a supporter of the con. I think this was intended as a "crying laughing"/loving the drama post.
>>
>>9909576
The tone of the comment sounded more like she was upset about it.
>>
>>9909690
Eh, I can't really find a lot of her previous comments but she's a pretty active member of the Shuto Con group. She strikes me as one of the people who wants to love Shuto because she was around when it was good, but when things started getting bad she was not at all shy about voicing it. So probably not a mindless fangirl like some of the people in that group.
>>
Stefanie is already deflecting all of this negative attention by shit talking other plush creators for no reason on her personal FB posts. And using her kid to get sympathy. It's entertaining. Wonder if the companies she's shit talking know. Every time she gets into drama (constantly) she tries to shift focus onto anyone or anything else.
>>
>>9910125
got any screenshots of these posts? probably a good idea to have them archived before she can delete them.
>>
File: plsgivemoney.png (24 KB, 517x302)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>9910125
To be fair, Tasty Peach Studios is run by a manchild. Stefanie and Tasty Peach have been at odds with each other for years, which is not at all surprising given that both her and the guy running it have paper-thin skin and bad tempers; they've both had their fair share of drama in the community, not just at each other. But I'm sick of seeing her post about her kid for attention. Did you see this one? Lol
>>
File: 20180610_202525.png (142 KB, 1080x953)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>9910132
I got chu
>>
>>9910134
Nope, not visible to (and I assume anyone else not friends with her), most recent thing visible was on June 1st when she updated her profile picture.
>>
>>9910134
I wish I could tell you all at what lengths she uses her daughter to gain sympathy.

It's gross.
>>
>>9910138
Oh dear, looks like this bitch is already turning her daughter into a mini Stefanie. I should probably go find CPS and have their # ready just in case.
>>
File: 20180610_202430.jpg (207 KB, 640x673)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>9908514
Got this, too. Sent that shit right to Nancy lol
Now the con is dead in the water-
I am strictly friends on fb with Stef for the popcorn.
>>
>>9909215
The candy shit was hilarious. I heard some people at Youma were literally leaving candy at her booth.
>>
>>9910134
Donate to her? Bitch get a job.
>>
>>9910157
>I heard some people at Youma were literally leaving candy at her booth.
Did they really? I wasn't at Youma this year to see it, but that makes me so happy to hear.
>>
>>9910161
Yeah it was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>9910157
>>9910162
I hope Stefanie didn't shake anyone down for more candy
>>
>>9910145

Do tell
>>
>>9908493
That's Megzie from Toxic Star Studios she was talking about.
That's fucking shitty. Megzie speaks well of Stef. Wow. What a fake bitch.
If I were closer friends with her I'd let her know.
>>
>>9910177
We should let Megzie know, the more people Shuto looses the better.
>>
>>9910134

Meh I only know about Stef. I've personally known her for around 8 years? She's always just been a popcorn source for me. She causes all of her own drama. As far as I'm concerned if she's at odds with anyone it's usually because they've figured her manipulative shit out and probably called her out on it. So if anyone here is hated or blocked by her good on you. I may call her out after years of shit just because it feels like it's reaching the end. She's hated on vendors group pages, artist group pages, con organizers group pages, the list goes on. Seriously, who else can she's blame? Who else still supports her? Are all of her FB friends popcorn eaters?
>>
>>9910145
No need to, her latest profile picture change is of her with her daughter in her arms. She's really trying to show off the fact that she's a single mom off as much as she can.
>>
>>9910271
>She's really trying to show off the fact that she's a single mom off as much as she can.
I feel bad for the child; she has no chance in life.
>>
>>9910282
It looks like Stefanie dyed her daughters hair green, I'm slightly concerned for that child's well being.
>>
>>9910221

Yeah... shit went south between her and I because I called her out on her shit. She was being a huge hypocrite over some art she posted.

She basically traced it.

She made a huge fuss of it and tried to drag me through the mud for being "mean" to her.

I think she even drew some cringey revenge art about it?

Also, I heard she basically funded Creepy Kawaii's shit with Shuto money. Joe made her stop after they split up. So, her asking for donations is funny as fuck.

Guess she ran out of people to guilt in to funding her shitty projects.
>>
>>9910304
Oh god... the guilt posts about her fucking kickstarters

Get some talent you hack

Tears aren't going to sell all your shitty art
>>
>>9910187
I can tell you she shit talks every one of her "friends". She dosen't have a nice thing to say about anyone.
>>
>>9910310
Who Stefanie or Megzie?
>>
>>9910313
Stefanie. I don't know Megzie. But Stefanie says shit about everyone.
>>
>>9910304
Oh was it this mature and well done piece? Cause I remember this shit popping up after someone dare crit her crap art.
>>
>>9910332
Wow no wonder she loves safe spaces so much, no one is allowed to criticize her there.
>>
>>9910156
Nancy posted this after she blocked Stef. Glad she got out. I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with Stef.
>>
OMG you guys are so mean! I've been in a corner crying for the whole day over the hurtful things you guys are saying about me. Please tell me your real names below so I can have you put on the ban list!
>>
>>9910387

Sure it's Joe Shall
>>
What a train wreck
>>
>>9910332
Her art is objectively terrible, tho.
>>
>>9910804
As someone who has an art based degree, I can tell you that one of the biggest rules in the field is being able to take criticism from others, and adjust your work to have it be improved upon. You won't get far if you keep on closing your ears whenever someone says anything negative about your work. Her art is often either poorly drawn garbage that has a fuck off message, or she makes plushies that are blatant knock offs of well known characters. She is a disgrace to artists everywhere!
>>
>>9910822
Another artist here...

Her art is horrible. And her cringey "Not Okay" pin set capitalizes on the backs of those who actually suffer with depression in a super shitty way. Oh, and some of them- they ones that aren't super ugly- are obviously traced.
>>
>>9910822
Yup. You can't be an artist or a con runner if you don't listen.
>>
File: sarcasm.jpg (146 KB, 550x413)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
OMG you guys are being so mean to Stefanie :P
>>
You'd think these threads would take a break after their thing.

I'm really glad they don't.
>>
>>9911494
They just announced about 2019 so that's why it's fresh
>>
>>9911774

Ohhhhh, right. Thanks anon.
>>
Came to 4chan for petty shit. Wasn't disappointed. This is hilarious
>>
Considering she was begging for money to go on vacation, I'd say she's learned nothing from the disaster that is Shuto.
>>
She claims to be looking for work, but that no one will hire her because her availability is too limited due to her kid/shutocon/begging people to buy her stuffed animals obligations.
>>
>>9913092
She can get a job at Meijer...
>>
>>9913092
Care to screen shot it in case she tries to delete the post!
>>
File: garbagefire.jpg (203 KB, 1078x516)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
The funeral is being arranged as we speak.
>>
>>9913092
I remember that sob post. I'm not friends with her anymore. But I remember seeing it.
She can work while the kid is at school.
>>
>>9910308
She's got another shitty kickstarter comming out soon for that ugly hedge hog. The flood of begging continues.
>>
geez her begging is worse than my cat when he sees me eating a turkey sandwich.
>>
Looks like so far they’ve only sold 112 badges, I wonder if they’ll even pass 200?
>>
>>9914090

I give it until the fall when the desperation really kicks in and Stef offers single day passes.
>>
>>9914093
She'll have to do something. 200 attendees aren't going to pay the rent.
>>
112 down, 888 badges to go
>>
Holy fuck, it looks like Stefanie is now the only admin for the cons facebook group! I'm guessing Kaitlyn and Lauren will soon be leaving the staff, that or Stefanie is really determined to be in control.
>>
>>9914556
I seen that. Not a surprise. She can't listen to nobody.
>>
Just wondering, anyone know how old her daughter is?
>>
>>9914845

Let's not go this far.
>>
>>9914996
no I just wanted to know how old she is on the grounds that stef might be being abusive.
>>
>>9914556
They are bleeding staff.
>>
>>9905337
So what im hearing is she cant afford to say no to my stupid panel idea. Hmmmm.
>>9906242
She mustve stole that. Thats better than any if her art..ever.
>>9906245
Looks dirty.
>>9907614
In shuto defense its going to be a really small con at a hotel. Dont need a lot of people.
>>9910134
>>9910177
>>9910332
>>9910349
All of these people are awful artist. If its not traced its plagarised. They must have familly money or get disability checks with family help.
>>9915456
Nayrt. Yeah I think jie may have to step in and limit how many cons the daughter can go to. However joe seems like a mooch too.
>>
>>9915456

Yeah I know, it just seems like that's a step too far, lolcow or not, none of us know how she's treating her kid. Shit on her con all you want, but don't go after her home life man.
>>
>>9917613
Alright forget I asked
>>
So apparently there's going to be an announcement about artist alley/dealers later today on that separate FB group. Anyone in that group that could share caps?

Also, how much you guys think they'll charge this year in return for 'reduced rates next year' or some other nonsense?
>>
File: edward elric.jpg (25 KB, 500x280)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>9919155
>how much you guys think they'll charge this year in return for 'reduced rates next year' or some other nonsense?

An arm and a leg
>>
Did the art post actually happen or did it get delayed due to staff vacations
>>
File: stuff.png (63 KB, 499x680)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
I gotchu guys
>>
>>9919617
Bless.

>50/50 Rule Gone
This is impressive positioning, she's actually anticipating people dropping shuto and is trying to appeal to artists that haven't been allowed to sell there before.
>6 ft tables
That's right stef, squeeze as many people in there as you can, at least it'll look busy!
>75-100
Anyone got a point of reference on this? Not an artist.
>>
>>9910134
get this parasite away from my omgcon reeee
in hindsight i think shuto did have a booth set up at omg, i didnt stop by. it was pretty sparse, evillecon's booth pulled most the foot traffic in the vendor hall.
>>
If you see Stefanie at any con with a booth, you should probably leave her some candy. It would be fun to see how she reacts to it.
>>
>>9919617
Less than 100 is actually not bad, she was smart for once and really toned down her demands.
>>
>>9919666
Nah, no shuto booth at omg. I would have made myself talk to them if they were.
>>
I did see her at motor city comic con last month, but I didn’t say anything to her. Oddly enough I circled back to that spot less than an hour later and she was gone for some reason. No idea why
>>
She dropped 50/50 because her staff practically begged her to see reason.
>>
75-100 is too much for such a train wreck.
>>
Nope. I did closed con like this before. Artists were just buying from artists. Hard pass.
>>
>>9919999
She still has staff?
>>
>>9919617
At least she is being honest about attendance and warning people not to travel or invest a lot in it. I can respect that
>>
>>9920049
It was a decided last year that the 50/50 rule would be removed.
>>
>>9920149
oh so it was back when she had them.
>>
Love how they said the announcement would be made later that day and it still hasn’t been made almost 2 days later. Shuto Con, always good on their word

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.