[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL


Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 123 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]



Imposter Syndrome Edition
>Disregard bait
>Post /cgl/ feels
>>
>>9912906
OP you walnut it's spelled impostor
>>
Man I just really love cosplay
>>
>>9912917
You don't waste time anon.

Man I just really love lolita.
>>
Man I just really hate sweet lolita
>>
>>9912921
Same
>>
>>9912921
Man I just really hate classic lolita
>>
Reminder to report non-cgl feels and bait
>>
>>9912925
This isn't a /cgl/ related feel. Should I report you too?
>>
Sweet reigns supreme
>>
File: tennis.gif (604 KB, 500x278)
604 KB
604 KB GIF
>>9912906
>go to the library looking for vol 2 of Snotgirl
>it's not in the comics section
>"Are you finding everythong alright?"
>"Actually, there's a book I was looking for."
>"Okay. What's the title?"
>...
>"Um, never mind."
>go home to finish my Zelda cosplay
>>
>>9912921
Kiss my thong diaper bitch.
>>
Here's a feel and maybe a sort of confession: I love all substyles of lolita. The "substyle war" is a silly trope which can be fun to play with at meets (where are those sweet vs. gothic pics when I need them?) but I think people who genuinely hate the substyles of lolita that aren't their own, are missing out.
I think all lolita styles can all look gorgeous when pulled off well, and while I don't want to wear every single one of them, I do deeply appreciate them all.
>>
>>9912921
Same but I unironically hate Lolita. It's an ugly fashion with girls who are just as ugly on the inside
>>
>>9912937
ok but sweet is the worst substyle
>>
>>9912952
>>
>>9912937
This with the addition of the fact that lolita in only one sub style would pretty quickly go away as a fashion, it’s a Indy niche now, not really terribly popular on the streets nearly as much anymore so it takes all of the sub styles to give the fashion enough variety and momentum to remain viable.
>>
I hate giving rides to people who insist on putting every wig on a wig head. I get doing that for wigs with spikes, intricate styles, etc, but your barely-styled Amazon Prime wig will be fine if you put it in the bag it came it.
>>
>>9912937
>all lolita styles can all look gorgeous when pulled off well
I agree with this wholeheartedly, but unfortunately the sweet lolitas in my comm do not pull it off well. There’s such an obvious difference in coord quality between meets with high vs. low sweet attendance. It makes me a little salty towards sweet sometimes, until I immerse myself in GLB’s and my inspiration folders.
>>
File: squidcancer.jpg (12 KB, 204x283)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>9912752
Sorry, I thought "bf" stood for "brother"
>>
File: neverpoopagain.jpg (41 KB, 566x433)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
I'm tired of non-comm-related drama seeping into tea.

Some ita came into our meet crying because she turns 30 next week and is unmarried.
>>
>>9912945
Did you get bullied by a lolita or something? Yikes
>>
>>9912998
Chances are they are an ita that went all “REEEEEEEE ELITIST LOLITAS >:(” when they were told their Amazon cosplay dress wasn’t lolita
>>
>>9913010
I want to cosplay chav loli, but I'm male.
>>
>>9912998
No I just actually dislike it. As for why I don't like lolitas, every time I make a thread for the local cons in NY area it for cosplay stuff they come in and try to make it about Lolita and reee and kick and scream, and end up shitting up the thread
>>
>tfw lifestyle lolita but fucking hate other lolitas
I feel like my hate only grows as the years pass. Maybe I'm just too old for all this or maybe most of them really do suck that much.

I see lolitas in the wild once in a while and they do stop and approach me, but I just don't want to be friends. I'm sorry!
>>
File: IMG_5918.jpg (34 KB, 426x320)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>order custom apron for a concert
>turns out wonderful!
>gets shipped
>I end up not getting it before I leave for my trip up north @ 12pm
>package delivered at 1:30pm

What the fuck
>>
>take my little sister to an anime con last year
>find the My Little P*** panel
>go in
>it's just a bunch of fat men dabbing back and forth to techno music
>sissy anon cries so hard that I take her back to the hotel room and show her three episodes to calm her down
>>
>>9913047
thats kind of adorable, how old's your sister?
>>
>>9913037
Disliking the fashion is fair but disliking lolitas because of some stupid gulls is pretty dumb. It's like saying you hate cosplay because of patreon thots despite not all cosplayers being like that.
>>
>>9913052
I don't know if it's just a few. It was meant to be my instead of NY, but if you look at the midwest con threads, the Chicago comm consistently shits up convention threads for local cons. Right now they derailed and squawked so hard in the Anime Midwest thread on here that the con chair came on to defend himself against Chicago comm lolitas saying he was "literally a rapist" for not having enough official lolita events or brand guests at his con. It pretty consistently happens and that's just plain petty and self-entitled from these girls.
>>
>>9913057
#NotAllLolitas
>>
>>9913051
9
>>
>>9913010
why isn't it wearing blooomers REEE3EE
>>
>>9912931
Why didn't you just look it up in the catalog?
>>
>>9913047
Why are bronies still a thing in the current year? It was a thing like 6-7 years ago. know exactly why they do it because they are so pathetic at attracting women because they're creepy pieces of shit. They decided to identify themselves with something extremely nonthreatening to appear less creepy where they just end up looking even creepier because nobody who is non-threatening or not creepy actually needs to artificially adopt a non-threatening hobby.

God I fucking hate these retards so damn much. It's not going to get you laid, it's not funny. The "le random" dichotomy of some fat old ugly fucking nerd boy liking a cute young girl's show is so fucking old it's not even funny. Guys who are actually non-threatening generally don't like that and hide their hobbies to appear outwardly normal.

I just feel so fucking bad for your little sister because I have little girl cousins (6 and 7) and I would hate for them to have their favourite show ruined by these failure incels. Thank fuck they didn't pick Peppa Pig to ruin.
>>
>>9912921
Man, I just really hate lolita and Yandyman
>>
>>9912933
This may be the greatest reply I've seen on this god forsaken board
>>
>>9912945
Same, Lolita's are all bark and no bite lmao
>>
File: chinesevanellope.png (222 KB, 351x319)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>9913100
I met my wife at an MLP panel in 2011, so I can't hate them. Besides, all the most cancerous bronies migrated to Steven Universe and Rick & Morty.
>>
>>9913109
idk anon, one of my friends drug me to a MLP photoshoot last year and there was some hardcore weaponized autism there.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1527143784757.jpg (6 KB, 372x268)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>9913100
Actually fuck it. I'm not fucking done yet. This shit pisses me off so fucking much because fucking fully grown adult men watching a fucking a little girl's show and pretending they actually give a shit about jt when they are infact just latching onto a community of weirdos because they desperately want to feel superior. These fucking brony groups are only held together by everyone's own superiority complex that they're better than all these other weirdos and that they're the most attractive and cool from a group of ugly nerds. Like girls who pick ugly friends to make them look better but being the king of losers doesn't make you look good, it makes you the king of losers.

They're also so fucking sexually frustrated that they will fucking spend their free time and money, out of their own fucking volition to watch a show they don't even like so that in their heads they appear more attractive to girls. How fucking desperately pathetic do you have to be to want female validation this much? How hard did your mother beat you? You fucking manchild.

You fucking disgusting cunts need to be shot for fucking tainting and ruining a little girl's source of joy. Fuck you. Stop spending your free time and money on a fucking stupid show you don't even like so that you can get your dick wet in your head and you can finally have a false sense of superiority from having your shit kicked in during school. Go to a fucking gym, get some plastic surgery, go fucking outside and develop real interests that don't involve being "le random" to attract a cocksleeve that you don't actually want, you just want attention and cummies. You don't fucking care about building memories and bonding with another human being in a meaningful way.

STOP FUCKING RUINING A SWEET LITTLE GIRL'S JOY YOU FUCKING KING LOSER FAILURE OF A CITIZEN

This shit really triggered my paternal instincts, Jesus Christ. Fuck these people.
>>
File: cabbagefriend.png (257 KB, 540x398)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>9913100
>>9913114
Dear god, are you the same girl who had the pubic hair freakout last year?
>>
>>9913117
I'm a boy.
>>
>>9913114
>This shit pisses me off so fucking much because fucking fully grown adult men watching a fucking a little girl's show and pretending they actually give a shit about jt when they are infact just latching onto a community of weirdos because they desperately want to feel superior.
Basically /a/ now.
>>
>>9912921
Agreed and i've noticed I rarely see goth or classic lolita lolcows. almost all the lolita cows are sweet. Something about that style seems to attract crazy people
>>
>>9913114
I think the whole "let's get men to identify with their feminine side" went too far.
>>
>>9913135
Men should be men.
>>
File: 93396c47af53d.jpg (35 KB, 564x417)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>9913130
but it's just the price I pay destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes
cause I'm Mr.Brightside
*light guitar playing*
>>
>>9913114
Yes, but how do you really feel about it?
>>
>>9913117
>tfw no cabbage to hang out with
>>
>>9913135
I'm not even against acting girly. I'm the biggest emotional baby in the world behind closed doors but keep it behind closed doors.
>>
>>9913114
if you were a girl (female), I would ask you to marry me
>>
>>9913173
So you embrace the negative traits of femininity, but not the fun cute stuff?

Gotta say, I've never met a cosplayer who didn't love cute shit.
>>
>>9913197
Hmm? There's nothing negative about being emotional.
>>
I'm a trap, and I'm sacred that lolitas won't except me into their ranks.
>>
>>9913218
>tfw get the urge to be a trap every now and then
>have too many masculine traits to ever pull it off

Can't tell if I'm wanting to be a trap or I'm a sissy.
>>
File: slavsquat.jpg (117 KB, 614x652)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>9913010
Ah yes I remember that drawthread
>>
>>9913223
I think you're a faggot
>>
>>9913218
You can if you're kawaii
>>
>>9913230
Please.

Abuse me more.
>>
>>9913223
You are probably a closeted sissy who wishes he could be a trap. Autogynophilia.

>>9913218
You are correct, we will not.
>>
>>9913240
Never heard of that paraphilia before. Interesting read.
>>
>>9913114
I like you anon.
>>
>>9913240
why did this word suddenly appear on cgl about 3 days ago? no one used it here before then
>>
>>9913057
Stop REEEing. No one was calling him a rapist for not catering to lolitas, he literally got his ass kicked BY a lolita (someone I personally know) for trying to have sex with a 16 year old. And that's not the only situation revolving around him. Stop making excuses for a literal creep
>>
>>9913261
Someone posted it on the ita thread and some newfag probably picked it up
>>
>>9913262
those are some pretty outlandish things to just drop in a he said she said fashion, especially since you lot were so damn salty. You guys drop your fucking drama in every thread we have for the chicago area. Take it to lolcow or something because people just want to enjoy local cons without all that shit.
>>
>>9913270
Nayrt but there could always be separate threads. Not sure if those would work though. Or you could just ignore it and continue your conversation, like lolitas do when our generals get shat up by random lolita gulls fighting about petty shit.

>>9913057
I meant that /cgl/ isn't an accurate representation of lolitas, especially not the ones who post. They make up a fraction of the lolitas who just lurk here, who also make up a fraction of all the lolitas out there.
>>
>>9913057

I was in that thread as a lolita, and I knew nothing about this rape drama. I just observed that I contributed, but I get that me, myself, and I are not enough to support having a ton of lolita guests for the con.

Also it did seem like a separate person who wasn't necessarily a lolita came in just to stir up shit. The other responses were relatively level headed.
>>
>Amerifag going to a Canadian con
>I have to act like I’m nice and polite all weekend
>>
>>9913314
Just tell them you're Canadian they try to call you out. Works everytime.
>>
>>9913314

Just go 'lol I'M SORRY' every time you're a dick, worked out well for my dick canadian housemate.
>>
>>9913114
This autism continuation that nobody asked for completely cracked me up anon, not gonna lie
Plus on top with the reaction image made me laugh super hard, 10/10
>>
My hotel roommate's feet stunk so bad to the point the door had to be opened and everyone's cosplays smelled lightly of feet for the rest of the day. I'd much rather pay more to have my own hotel room than deal with stinky feet again. Ugh.
>>
>>9913345
Bronies do that to people, man.
They are really that vile.
>>
>tfw finally made an irl lolita friend a little while back
>i wear sweet, she wears gothic, it's fun to take contrasting photos together
>recently found out she's an ageplayer
honestly what the fuck? i'm not going to stop being her friend but i'm just stunned. not sure what to do
>>
>>9913355
Polite distance. That sucks though.
>>
>>9913355
Is she a lolita age player or just an age player? A goth lolita age player is weird since goth is not what you associate with children.
>>
>>9913364
I guess that's what I'll do.

>>9913372
She's just an ageplayer. I was surprised too. It's kind of ironic considering the substyles we wear.
>>
>>9913375
I mean if she's not forcing it on you and respects that you don't want to talk about that sort of stuff, there's no reason to discontinue the friendship.
>>
>>9913375
How'd you find out?
>>
>>9913290
Anon this happens with every thread I make for area cons. The comm whines about not enough guests or some guest being a fat ita or derails with kopf drama. They would have to be a pretty dedicated troll to derail year after year with this stuff.
>>
>>9913355
Is she a DDLG? No big deal. Buy her some diapers and say you're her friend.
>>
>>9913135
But the bronies aren't even doing that. If anything they're bringing the worst parts of traditionally masculine behavior into a space meant for little girls.
>>
>>9913261
They're mostly using it wrong too
>>
>>9913218
We won't because "traps" are not a thing in lolita. The idea of traps sexualizes crossdressers, doesn't it? If you get off on dressing like a girl, or on the possibility of "tricking" people into thinking you're a girl, you need to stay out of lolita because we don't want scum like you in our community.
>>
>>9913355
>>9913364
I dislike ageplayers as much as everyone else, but distancing yourself from a friendship just because of the fetishes of your friend is sleeves on legs retarded. Unless they are diddling little kids, why care?
>>
>>9913045
I had a taobao shipment with three items I wanted to wear to a meet arrive an hour after I left for the meet. I feel your pain.
>>
>>9913355
How'd you find out? And if she doesn't incorporate lolita with it, why do you care?
>>
>>9913285
Well from what the area cosplayers ahve seen it seems to be a pretty accurate representation of lolitas. For all their autism and squawking online we have had 1 come to our meets in the last year and a half, and when people didn't know about "The Fashion" she sat and stared at her phone and posted in cgl the rest of the time. Didn't even try to meet us halfway with conversation or anything. We haven't dealt with any of them irl, so there's really no positive behaviour for us to counter this with.

Our interactions with the Midwestern lolitas have been them looking down at us like they're better and reeeing and screeching in our threads to derail them, so we can't enjoy things. Lolitas a shit anon. You can say "not all lolitas" but actions speak louder than words.
>>
>>9913662
>we have had 1 come to our meets in the last year and a half, and when people didn't know about "The Fashion" she sat and stared at her phone and posted in cgl the rest of the time
She came to a cosplay meet and expected everyone to know about lolita? Sounds as retarded as the cosplayers who join lolita comms and expect everyone else to be cosplayers too, or at least be heavily into anime like they are.
Sorry this has been your experience, I don't doubt it because some people really are socially inept like this. I can tell you it's not a thing everywhere though; my lolita comm has a few members who are also cosplayers and they're perfectly fine in terms of style and behavior, and most cosplayers I've spoken to at local cons were respectable and fun to be around. So while I don't doubt your experiences, I can't agree with the notion that all lolitas are terrible people (or that all cosplayers are autists, w/e) because it's what you see on cgl; you can't really be sure that anyone who posts here is an actual participants in either hobby, after all.
>>
File: chubby cheeks1.jpg (188 KB, 1313x788)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>have puffy cheeks
>going to drop to 9% bodyfat so i can fit perfectly in cosplay and improve face
>there are mr olympia males at 5% bodyfat with puffy cheeks
>there are anorexic bitches at 9% bodyfat with puffy cheeks

It feels like even if I finish my conditioning ill still be a puffy faced piece of shit..
>>
>>9913689
Don't worry the era of the puff anime is coming
>>
>>9913691
not if you're a guy, not even as a 3d girl
>>
>>9913689
She's not anorexic anon that's a symptom if bullemia nervosa. If you puke too much it makes your cheeks puff out and ruins your teeth
>>
I want to cosplay this character really bad but her outfit is way too revealing. I could pull it off but I know I'd just feel uncomfortable wearing something like that.
>>
>>9913752
I mean there are ways around that anon, depending on how revealing it is
It's possible to wear flesh colored fabric that matches yours underneath

What does the outfit look like?
>>
>>9913770
It's a leotard.
>>
>>9913314
Idk. Canadians can be surprisingly frigid, at least Torontonians have that rep. Just be your usual polite self and mind that they call bath/restrooms, washrooms. I noticed they do say sorry more than excuse or pardon me. Maybe the latter options are a more American thing. Anyway, have fun and enjoy that dollar exchange rate
>>
>>9913261
no you just noticed it three days ago
>>
>>9913139
as in responsible adults, yes.
beyond that, policing gender is really crappy.
>>
>>9913785
Go away tumblr.
>>
>>9913772
Wear the cosplay at private events only, like halloween parties with your friends
>>
File: smhtbhof.gif (81 KB, 182x249)
81 KB
81 KB GIF
>tfw someone in your sister's comm thinks a hoop skirt can replace a petticoat
>tfw my mother looks at pics of girls in petticoats and thinks they have giant asses
>>
>>9913799
go away nig whore
>>
File: 98771135767.jpg (108 KB, 600x800)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>9913838
On the off change you're not a retarded roleplayer: A good hoop skirt can actually be worn instead of a petticoat.
>>
File: 1516037682385.jpg (16 KB, 366x280)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>got into mori about a year ago, at age 18
>have a few coords, even made one dress myself
>having fun
>meet fiancé about a month ago
>he tells me that it's stupid kid fashion and I'm too old for it
>don't wear it around him anymore but still wear it when I'm on my own
>we're getting married in the fall and I'll have to get rid of all my mori stuff by then

I guess it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>9913844
Please love yourself anon, what the fuck are you doing marrying someone who insults something you love and forces you to drop it?
>>
>>9913848
It's an arranged marriage. And he's not a bad guy, just kind of rude.
>>
>>9913850
Can you explain, please? Why are you involved in an arranged marriage? Is this a cultural thing?
>>
>>9913843
Btw usually you're supposed to put a light petticoat/layer over a hoop skirt.
>>
>>9913855
Usually, yes, but not always. One of the girls in my comm occasionally wears a hoop skirt without an additional layer on top of it and it looks great, the hoops don't show through the dress' material at all.
>>
File: me.jpg (202 KB, 1366x837)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Go into depression, gain tons of weight. Stopped enjoying the only thing I liked that was cosplay thanks to me being now a fat fuck. Tried to diet but I have an addiction and need the sweet release of endorfins when I binge and then cry. Need help
>>
>>9913872
post pics of your fat ass you lardy fucking piggy, i love it

oh and also track your calories, eat ~500 under deficit, and you will lose weight. it is that simple. you can even eat sugary things, just keep the calorie count under deficit. get into the habit of reading nutritional values on the packaging for the stuff you eat

now show daddy that big, round gut
>>
File: 1496962595747.png (225 KB, 575x323)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>9913850
what shithole country is this?
>>
reposting my first con experience
it's a little bit cgl-related
>a vocal artist is on the stage, she usually does (german) covers of anime openings, but also Idol-songs
>she was currently performing this sing [YouTube] 【Mitsuki】 Warukii [german fandub] (embed)
(here the original[YouTube] Warukii Watanabe Miyuki (embed))
>during the performance, I think she was pointing towards me, and smiling and winking at the same time
I don't know what I should feel, it kinda makes me happy, if she would have really point towards me, but I doubt she meant me, and either way, she was singing to the whole audience, so I am just another person
I also I wonder if she might have heard me screaming "that's sexist" at the end
>>
File: NO.png (12 KB, 270x240)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>9913874
Ive tried to count my calories but my addiction + depression makes me eat till I feel more than full so I can get that warm fuzzy happy feeling.

Gut ain't the problem, My hips are 46'' and waist 30''
>>
>>9913876
Probably India
>>
>>9913850

>arranged marriage

Thank fuck we integrated like 3 generations ago jfc.
>>
>>9913047
the only bronie related thing at my last con was an AMV about the "Bronie Note"
>>
>>9913876
Based on the character anon posted, finland
>>
>>9913889
Snufkin is often associated with mori by people who wear and like that style, and I can see why. Moomin is popular outside of Finland and Sweden too btw so it's not necessarily an indicator of op's location.
>>
>>9913117
>>9913169
someone, insert the cabbage guy from Avatar
>>
>>9913879
stop making excuses retard, exercise cures depression. go get your heart racing on a bike ride / take a nice swim you fucking braphog
>>
File: 1524337299313.jpg (960 KB, 1080x1080)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>9913047
All the girls in my comm love My Little Penis
>>
>>9913900
she is talking about My Little Pony tough
>>
>>9913855
A lot of dresses, especially AP ones, come with light built in pettis.
>>9913889
You can't be this stupid.
>>
i've been with my boyfriend for six years so i've gotten used to elaborate costumes that require a shitload of time and a second person to put on, corsets, wings, bodypaint, etc

:( we broke up earlier this year, what the fuck do i do? none of my friends go to cons and the thought of asking my mom to lace up a corset makes me want to eat a bullet
>>
>>9913917
where do you live?
>>
>>9913912
>Anon posts character extremely popular in Scandinavia
>"You're stupid if you think they're from Scandinavia"
Shitty troll
>>
File: bitch really.jpg (100 KB, 408x300)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>9913930
>using a character from a series that's popular all over the world as a reaction on 4chin
>must be Scandinavian
>>
>>9913930
the japanese love moomin therefore it makes sense weebs are into moomin too, doesn't make them scandinavian
>>
>>9913937
>>9913938
So you're either trolling or you're having an irrationally autistic fit because someone doesn't follow trends with an alt fashion and instead associates a character with its mainstream usage.
It's 4chan so I'm not really sure here
>>
>>9913941
>its mainstream usage
lmfao says who? Moomin is popular in so many countries, it's been pointed out that Snufkin is popular with mori people, and anons use reaction pics from media they've never watched just because they're relevant to their post all the damn time; if anyone's a trolling autist it's you.
>>
>>9913941
>thinking we're the same person
i said the japanese love moomin. what does that have to do with alt fashion
>>
File: Seriously smug.png (321 KB, 518x518)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>9913114
So this is how barneyfag feels when he doesn't shitpost. Good for you Lee.
>>
>>9913938
moomin is extremely popular where i live too, don't act like it's a japanese thing
>>
>>9913114
I feel this way about lolita too. Probably more of a Unpopular Opinion but I wish there were more comms that were for biological women only. 99% of the time, male lolitas are super creepy, sissies, or have some kind of fetish with wearing the clothing. Lots lie and say they are trans when they are not. It's frustrating that men constantly get a pass to barge into areas of interest that are intended for biological women and they always make it all about them and their comfort. I just want 1 hobby that doesn't constantly get bombarded with men shrieking about how they are entitled to the hobby too, and then they exploit it to get their jimmies off.
>>
>>9913930
I'm pretty sure they meant anon must be stupid thinking it's possible to have arranges marriage in Finland or in most Europe. It's only possible here if the wedding is held abroad and they won't speak up about it back here.
>>
>>9913993
There's nothing preventing arranged marriages. Parents can matchmake if they want to, you're just not forced to marry if you don't want to. Anon showed no signs if not being willing to marry the guy so it would seem she lives in a culture where parents play matchmaker
>>
>>9913982
we're on a weeb site which is why i brought it up? so it makes sense somebody who posts here is into moomin too. don't be stupid
>>
Snufkin anon is my new favorite anon. Thanks for the amusing replies
>>
>>9913904
They love that, too.
>>
File: Amyhelp.png (222 KB, 467x446)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
A girl in my sister's comm is posting her self-harm scars on Insta. Should I ask if she's ok, or will she think I'm trying to bang her?
>>
>>9914049
She will get the attention she wants and try to bang you.
So of you are not 100% positive about fucking a nutjob then you should just ignore it.
>>
>>9914051
nutjobs are the best fucks
>>
I’m carpooling and rooming with the living incarnate (personality wise) of the pink-haired girl from Too Kawaii for Comfort. God help me this weekend.
>>
File: 1434448712504.jpg (56 KB, 800x450)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Should I just give up on the possibility that I could fall in love with someone who would do couple cosplays with me?
I want to make it clear that I don't want a partner just for that. I'm just lonely and I get envious of seeing couple cosplays at cons. And just about couples in general.
Do I just have to accept the fact that I'm going to die alone?
>>
>>9914130
That feel when I'm in the same boat. I get so happy seeing couples and my heart skips a beat when I see them doing cute things. Then I get sad because I find it difficult to be attracted to someone. I find people to be good looking but I feel nothing romantic.
>>
>got called a roastie because of my cosplay
Honestly I'm surprised people actually said that irl.
>>
>>9914100
Now that she’s settled the bitchiness down, I’m starting to think she’s actually Asherbee. She keeps loudly belching with her mouth open, loudly telling stories that nobody cares about, and saying (with complete seriousness) that she’s not showering at all this weekend.
>>
I have a feeling I'm watching someone disintegrate mentally right before my eyes on instagram, and I am wholly uncomfortable because I'm not close to them and literally just followed them for the jfash. I should probably unfollow because I am disturbed to hell right now and none of what they is saying is making sense to me.
>>
>>9914176
Elaborate.
>>
Realized I feel so much more comfortable wearing solids/basic prints out than busy prints but I love and don't want to get sell my printed dresses.
>>
>>9914184

someone made a suicidal post and now the usual fallout is happening.

granted she's had a really, really rough year. i just hope things get better for her.
>>
>>9914192
Nice /cgl/ feel
This was already posted on /s4s/. I didn’t get it then and I don’t get it now.
>>
>>9914194
it means the person he replied to tried to post cropped pony fanart/porn. I don't get it either but I usually just ignore it and let it pass. Jannies can clean that up
>>
>Want to be married in AatP's Rosier Mariage set
>Never been in a relationship
>Why do I think about these things?
>>
>>9914197
You do realize that janitors don't see shit unless you report it, right?
>>
>>9914192
>>9914197
>not knowing what HISHE is
Damn children. Sure, it may be crappy, but it's a piece of internet history.
>>
>>9913011
You do you boo
>>
>>9914190
Keep your prints for times you feel comfortable wearing them, or just for sentimental value; otherwise fill your wardrobe up with pieces you love and feel comfortable to wear.
>>
First time in here, never thought 4chins had actual cuties.
>>
File: bark.jpg (190 KB, 780x1026)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>9914049
run. Trust me, not worth it at all.
>>
>>9914174
Sorry about continually venting about the same girl, but I don’t think there’s a convention roommates thread right now.
She’s acting super entitled for someone who’s not paying for the room (her friend paid her share, so I’m still getting money for it, but still)
She instantly turned the AC down to 64F and everyone complained about being cold, she claimed that she overheats (ok fine), then proceeded to wrap herself up in hotel comforters + a heavy fleece blanket that she brought.
She got huffy when I told her she couldn’t go to sleep with the tv on because it was bothering me and my boyfriend.
She’s currently listening to dubstep without headphones when people are trying to sleep.

Gulls, I’m going to punch her in the cooter before this con is over. I’m not even kidding.
>>
File: .jpg (132 KB, 640x427)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>9914261
>me and my boyfriend
i was going to whiteknight for you but then you had to ruin it
>>
File: 1513487768168.jpg (38 KB, 640x428)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>buy AP bloomers from fril for super cheap
>they appear to be in good condition, seller has good reviews, cool
>they arrive
>the bloomers have a smell
>they have stunk up my entire package
>wtf.jpg
>not necessarily a BAD smell, definitely not cigarettes or BO or anything particularly foul, just a whole lot of scent
>did the previous owner FERMENT these in an entire bottle of Febreze?

>wash these fuckers twice and then hang them in the sun
>they still smell like an entire bottle of Febreze?!?!
>wash in vinegar then wash twice more
>they still have a hint of Febreze smell

There were no mysterious stains but I'm left wondering what sort of unholy smell they were attempting to cover up.
>>
File: fatdisney.jpg (114 KB, 960x638)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
I hate using my brain at tea.
>>
File: no.jpg (163 KB, 810x1080)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>tfw IW announce they'll be restocking popular OTKs and a headbow on Friday
>Friday rolls along and this garbage is what we get
I miss the days when IW released bows made from substantial materials rather than just shitty ribbon tacked on a plastic headband.
>>
File: lolidontpost.png (111 KB, 508x376)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>9914310
You've posted this and gotten it deleted three times now.

How are you not banned? Why do you hate the based horse show so much?
>>
>>9914316
It's a bot, ignore it
>>
>>9914292
Same. That's why I don't.

>>9914317
How can a bot detect that an image was cropped from obscure MLP fanart?
>>
>>9914318
You know how you can search for image sources on here using Google and iqdb? A program does the same thing, dude does it in /v/ all the time.
>>
>>9913925
Portland, the cosplay scene seems really young/lone wolf/non-existent here... or maybe i'm just bad at meeting other cosplayers, it's hard when you're always with a s/o

woof, gonna have to get good at making friends or else con season is going to be real lonely
>>
>>9914327
>>9914318
lmao it's not a bot he's just that severely autistic
>>
>>9912959

What, people who do that actually exist?
>>
File: .jpg (28 KB, 474x460)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Is it even possible to find a man that is not dumb enough to appreciate me wearing lolita and actually enjoying a hobby?
i'm honestly losing hope, maybe i'll just settle for a rich daddy since they're all the same anyway.
>>
>>9914431
>Is it even possible to find a man that is not dumb enough to appreciate me wearing lolita and actually enjoying a hobby?

I'm having difficulty deciphering what you're trying to say but I assume you want a guy who is happy that you have a hobby?
>>
>>9914433
of course, almost all of them can't even look you in the eye and speak, and if they do they just run out of words after less than two sentences.
it's extremely frustrating when you're the one dragging the conversation, and when i do they have no knowledge about anything fashion related.
hell they don't even know the pattern and different color shades, as if they're color blind.
>>
>>9914435
So you want a guy who's a brolita or a guy who likes fashion?

Walk around your local fashion college in lolita and you'll probably find some dude who'll approach you for a conversation about what you're wearing.

As a /fa/ggot guy who dresses in my japgoofninja attire I like having conversations about fashion, clothes and how people feel about things but I know a lot of guys dislike discussing it especially if it's about girls fashion and in public because it's either humiliating (male pride) or they just don't care. Even I get fidgety and shy when even friends try to talk about my or other's clothes despite really wanting to spill my guts.

It's conventionally not attractive for a guy to know equal or more than a girl about fashion, makes you look like a gayboi. They wouldn't want to give you the wrong impression about being a feminine sissy and getting friendzoned. It's possible to find a guy who will appreciate your fashion but you're after a rare type of guy who may not reveal his interest right away.

Ganbatte anon-chan
>>
>>9914261
Keep us updated.
>>
>>9914435
I understand your frustration but other than what >>9914441 pointed out about many guys and talks about fashion; do you ever try talking to them about anything other than fashion? I get the impression that lolita is very important to you, it is to me too, but it's possible for a guy to appreciate the fashion and your passion for it while having no clue about fashion, color, patterns, etc. and that's perfectly valid, you know? Guys (or anyone else) don't need to have an understanding of fashion to appreciate it and respect your love for it.
That said, I hope you do find someone who will have the same sort of appreciation to lolita and fashion in general like you do, and that you get along beyond that.
>>
File: The_barneyman_himself.jpg (15 KB, 312x312)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>9914363
>>9914317
>>9914316
Its a pretty sad story the lad's had traumatising experiences with the show Barney and Friends and spent a great deal of time trying to warn people of its dangers - he views My little Pony as a similar risk to people.
>>
File: bepisdog.jpg (9 KB, 240x240)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
There's a very real chance I will be in jail this December, so...

Merry Christmas, /cgl/!
>>
>>9914492
Why tho?
>>
I may go to a con in full honeycake just to be an asshole showoff. I have nearly the whole ivory/brown set except the necklace and bracelet.
>>
>>9914509
I legitimately hate honey cake so this isn't me just being jelly, but this is really stupid. Just flex on insta like everyone else.
>>
>>9914509
Wearing an entire set, even if it's highly sought after, isn't asshole-ish or means you're showing off. What an odd attitude to have. It's like saying
>I have the Cat Tea Party set, I'm going to wear it to make everyone jealous!
Honey Cake isn't on the same level as CTP but if a piece or set is popular/a status symbol you'll get the attention and appreciation for it without doing it with the intention of being an asshole, whatever that means.
>>
>>9914511
No, I want to be a cunt.
I wanna go somewhere where bitches will know what honeycake is and appreciate it. Normies and the occaisonal weeb/lolita-at-heart dont know.
I want to slather myself in the jelly of other lolitas.
>>
>>9914518
>I want to be a cunt

You already are. But now you're just sounding like you have low self esteem and need attention to make up for it.
>>
>>9914515
Double post, but what ever.
To clarify, im being slightly facetcious when I say i want to be an asshole/cunt. Its because I know that Im showing off and i want the acknowledgement of what it is. I know most people aren't going to be jealous in such a way that their day is ruined. Just "OH YOURE SO LUCKY! IM SO JEALOUS!" Which is a nice thing to hear.
Its like you said- its the status symbol thing of it all.
>>
>>9914509
>mfw I have the necklace and bracelet (and the ring)

Pleb.
>>
>>9914520
I guess I know what you mean but it still sounds childish when it's expressed it like this. Just keep in mind that while HC is sought after, it's not a status symbol or a "common" holy grail so people may not completely fawn over it like you might expect.
Anyway, go on and wear what you like. Congrats on getting the entire set, by the way! Did you buy it all at once, collect it from secondhand sales, or get it when it was released?
>>
File: sn-8.png (218 KB, 580x304)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
I make itabags and shrines and after a while I think I'm not up to par with all these bags I see and get unmotivated.

Right now I've spent so much of my paychecks on merch but I'm heavily considering just selling it all off now that I'm unemployed. It's just stuff and stuff I didn't need in the first place and I feel like I could just use the money in my savings account or something.

I'm not in a bad spot financially but I'm just feeling low and I've stopped talking to a lot of people because I'm not really going anywhere in the hobby and now I can't afford to until I get another job and the longer I'm unemployed the more I realize it's just bags and why do I need so many? I could have used the money I spent on a trip or something.
>>
>>9914523
Fair enough. I have a very dry sense of humor and am prone to sarcasm, so it throws a lot of people off.
I bought it bit by bit off second hand, which is why I'm so keen to show it off.
>>
>really dislike shopping for summer clothes
>dislike summer in general because I sweat like crazy and ruin all my shirts
>keep buying super discounted sweaters every time I try to find summer clothes online

At least I am taking a summer class in a very air conditioned building, so long sleeves are still necessary. I just need to move somewhere permanently cold.
>>
>>9914532
To be honest, if I worked so hard to hunt down pieces of a sought after set, I'd want to show it off too so it's understandable! I'm happy for you, anon.
>>
>>9914543
I hate showing any sort of skin and I'd rather wear jeans and a long sleeve sweater and sweat my guts out.
>>
>>9914521
Can i sell you my sisters first born?
>>
What if Mana is just a sissy fetishist and was just playing the EGL community as one of his fetish games
>>
File: 1527536709808.jpg (25 KB, 400x395)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>9914562
this is a cursed post
>>
>>9914311
oh this is disappointing. I can't even match that red with other IW things I own. I shouldn't be too surprised though; I never really liked IW head bows.
>>
File: 729607138271.jpg (64 KB, 720x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9914580
I own a few nice IW bows, it's just their ribbon bows that I hate. They're not bad but definitely not worth the price. Maybe I expected too much though, I was half hoping for something like pic related.
>>
>Tfw my job lets me cash out unused PTO up to forty hours
> Tfw a week ago I was super excited since the extra money could go to filling in my con fund and buying something nice for myself.
> Just saw that it was an extra hundred dollars over what I was expecting.
> Go to buy something off my wish list on LM or new from a brand site...
> Don't want anything, even though they're on my wish list I just have no motivation to buy what so ever at the moment
> Don't want Jfashion, don't want Lolita, don't want Figma figures, don't want books... nothing
> WTF gulls, I don't know what to do with this feel
>>
>>9914586
It's okay, that happens sometimes. Set the money aside for now, maybe even put it in savings; don't spend it on whatever just because you're supposed to want to spend it, if that makes sense.
>>
>tfw no seagull gf
>>
File: 1494862455220.jpg (112 KB, 800x600)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>9914625
Have you tried the nearby docks?
>>
File: 1480875909177.gif (1.96 MB, 400x225)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>9914628
>>
I love watching and following drama, and also love laughing at ita's. Especially the ones who look horrible. If you take a picture and decide to post it online looking like that, I think that was your mistake to begin with.

Every time there is a new drama going on, it actually makes me kinda happy. Same old shit over and over get's boring tho. I like hanging out with the more self-entitled lolita's because at least I can gossip with them. I guess I'm not much of a nice person, but I do have tons of friends, both in the entitled but always dress well groups of people as just nice people from which some dress really good and others don't.

Often feel like I'm better than others when it comes to dressing to, and find most people stupid.

I wanna feel bad for my behaviour but I honestly don't. I want to be a nice person, but I can't help enjoying something.
>>
File: yandyman.jpg (6 KB, 225x224)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>9914650
/cgl/ : the post
>>
>photographer took some nice pictures of my cosplay at a con
>really excited because nobody ever likes my cosplays enough to ask for a whole mini photoshoot with me like that and I never have nice pictures of my cosplays because I jut tend to prioritize other things over hiring photographers
>Really look at them in detail on my computer monitor today
>My face looks fat as fuck in half of them
I'm going on a diet gulls, I want to blame it on the angles he took them from but I know it's probably just because my face has gotten kind of fat recently
>>
File: 7845689834231.jpg (19 KB, 483x277)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>9914650
>self-entitled
What does that even mean?
I was actually with you at first because I do love the occasional shit storm - Newbs throwing irrational fits on social media, or random fucks like the lady who made that "Anti-Lolita tutorial" and got the entire community riled up; I love the schadenfreude in these situations. Not so much grouping together with a small group of people to feel superior for no justifiable reason, though. That's not fun, at least in my opinion.
>>
File: 1521451548295.png (20 KB, 259x224)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>at highest weight for several years
>face looks cute and soft
>start to tone up to fit in brand better
>face loses baby fat quickly
>suddenly look old and ugly
Time to kms
>>
>>9914662
Those people are the only ones not getting mad at you being mean about others with gossip. Like I said, I do often feel superior and like most people are lesser. Not just other lolita's, people in general. I dislike most people and a lot of natural human behaviour. I find in lolita, it's just one of the places that part of me shows the most, and I honestly love it.

I want to be a good person, but I can't really stop enjoying things I do enjoy. Sometimes I wonder how the fuck I even got so much friends, because I don't change my behaviour for them. I'm still honest in their faces, even when my opinion is mean. I often enough felt bad for thinking something is hilarious/fun or like I'm better, but it doesn't stop that I think that way. Guess I just am not a very good person deep inside.
>>
>>9914200
Let's get fake married anon
>>
File: IMG_8995.jpg (79 KB, 380x457)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I'm going to a con with my baby sister and her friends as a chaperone which I'm definitely fine with but man. One of her little friends is offering to pay for a couple of hotel rooms for everyone and I'm mad that I'm considering it, haha. I'm the adult, I shouldn't have a sixteen year old paying for my shit. We don't even need the hotel rooms, everyone lives less than twenty minutes from the convention center. My little sister really wants to do it, so I'll probably pay for her and just stay at home.
>>
>>9914492
RIP pedo-chan
hopefully the jailbait was worth it
>>
>>9914674
>I dislike most people and a lot of natural human behaviour.

You just sound like some sort of asexual autist to me.
>>
File: b52.jpg (84 KB, 640x481)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>9914712
That's what I was thinking
I knew a lot of furry wannabe goth kids and weebs that used to talk like this
>>
File: 1523124918590.png (210 KB, 600x390)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>9914668
>body of a child
>chubby baby face
>resting bitch/depression face even when I'm in a great mood though
>tfw people who see me just assume that I'm a miserable child
>>
>>9914712
I actually have a great relationship, tons of friend, doing good in university, and have a nice job on the side. Got a promising future ahead of me.

I'm just confused by myself sometimes. How comes I feel bad about feeling good? I don't even know why so many people are friends with me and why I do so well because I know I'm egocentric, mean, and struggle with a slight case of anti-social personality disorder and a sense of sadism. I normally keep my mental state to myself but it bothers me I'm like this, and I don't really get why people like me and lives going so well while I'm just being an egocentric asshole.
>>
>>9914718
At least "miserable child" is oldschool aesthetic af
>>
>>9914528
>have multiple expensive bags
>going on multiple trips this year
get a job and then learn how to budget desu
>>
>>9914724
>Autism Spectrum Disorder™
>>
>>9914732
>One of the reason I normally don't talk about my it unless I know people have something similarly bad. Most idiots just assume you're an edgy teenager anyways. Either that, or they think you're some horrible person.

Honestly, I don't even know why I considered the option of a better response. Been around long enough to know 4chan, and I'm laughing myself at autistic idiots who can't dress or make drama for nothing just as well. I guess I like the anonymity and figured I gave it a try hoping some of the lolita's I laugh/gossip with have similar issues and maybe feelings, worst case some random online people think bad about someone they have no clue who's behind the screen, and I can go back doing whatever I normally do without real consequences no matter what's said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
>>
File: 1524625820833.jpg (99 KB, 784x810)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>big sister's birthday in 2 days
>I stand no chance of getting to see her
>>
>>9914740
y?
>>
>>9912921
I dislike 90% of the cosplays. Most look cheap, crappy and like a bunch of autistic weebs with no life.

I LOVE good cosplay, but I feel it's rare and the cosplay community is way to easy with looking bad. Glad lolita is more strict on looking decent.
>>
>>9914743
This image and comment have been posted and deleted like 5 times or so now. Someone asked how the person wasn't banned after posting the same post and having it removed so often.

I have no clue how ban-evading chan is calling ban-evading-chan out to kill him/herself. Or maybe it was ment as a quote from the person asking how he got no ban yet.

Honestly, the whole post makes not much sense to me to start with, let alone why it would be important enough to repost it after deletion so many times.
>>
>>9914748
It's a thing from /mlp/ someone posts cropped mlp porn/fanart to trigger the Barney autist and make him get riled up/spam responses to kill themselves
At this point it's a meme to get him mad, but I'm honestly pretty upset that ponyfags decided to come here to try to shit up our threads
>>
>bones grew in wrong, body looks good even tho it has issues but my face is ugly because of it.
>got 3 different braces.
>need jaw surgeries.
>another pair of braces.
>now in consult for a second jaw surgery that should take apart pretty much my whole upper and lower jaw.
>during consult doctor tells me my eyebags are caused by the way my cheekbones are (mis)shaped. He can change it in the same surgery by only cutting some higher, and use belly fat as fillers.
>also asks what I would like to change on my face, we have a big talk about it.
>everything will be paid for by my insurance because it's originally for an issues I'm born with and counts as one procedure.
>always wanted plastic surgery for these things I now get without paying anything than my usual insurance fees (plastic surgery is not insured normally because it ain't medical), in one of the best hospitals of the country no less.
>feel like I will finally be able to take cute picture without a sticker over my face soon, and I don't need to pay for it.

I like how I look overal, but these issues I have with my face just don't photograph well at all and I always like to strife for perfection in my appearance anyways, even if that perfection is fake. I'm not sad the way I am, but I'm glad to have it be better.
>>
>>9914761
Your kids will still be fucked uggos if you have them. Surgery can't change that.
>>
>>9914751
Thanks. I don't like mlp so I never follow that tread. Them coming here is kinda saddening tho. Makes me feel like they are lifeless ugly people who can't get friends outside of their bronie club indeed.
>>
>>9914763
Who said I get kids anyways?

I never considered myself ugly, but I like to be able to rid myself of imperfections none the less. To me plastic surgery is just a form of permanent body modification. If you can get it without financial problems, thought it trough, and do it for yourself, why not? Just don't like and say it's natural. Beside, the problem with my bones is rare to give visible problems like this. Changes are big that even if theoretical kids of mine will have it, it's not visible or just a regular "get a pair of braces as a kid" at worst like many people.
>>
>>9914769
*just don't lie and say it's natural
>>
File: DWpFMLRU0AADryn.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1000)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>Went to family get together recently
>Got to see cousin that I haven't seen since we were 9
>Mother has been hyping up the reunion because my cousin "dresses the same way you do!"
>Get to reunion a little excited that there's another lolita in the family
>Cousin spotted
>She has a fucking adult baby onsie as a blouse
>Shitty bodyline jsk
>fucking PACIFIER HANGING AS A PENDANT OFF HER NECKLACE
>Oh god what the fuck how do I even approach this
>She sees me across the room and makes her way over
>"omigosh you look amazing!"
>Thank her and mention I'm surprised there's another lolita in the family
>Hope it doesn't turn into a full conversation because I really don't want to comment on her outfit
>"omigosh I'm so surprised too! I wish more people would appreciate the joys of being a little girl"
>Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck don't do this please
>I don't even know what expression I wore on my face but she smirked in reaction to it
>"It's okay, most people don't know about us and think it's just weird clothes. Maybe we can have a play date someday! I have a lot of fun train sets!"
>Try my best to just be fucking polite and say "Oh thanks, but I'm pretty busy working a lot of overtime so don't really get much free time to go out much or anything..."
>"Awww see being an adult sucks! I'm sorry!"
>Have to deal with giving half answers for about an hour before I get an excuse to leave because my grandmother wanted to catch up with me

I feel so embarrassed. I just know that if she's the only other point of reference my family has for the fashion then they must think I'm an ageplayer too. My family is really accepting so never would bring it up, but now I know in the back of their mind that's how they think I am.
>>
>>9914815
>mention I'm surprised there's another lolita in the family
You recognized the fact she's dressed like an adult baby and still namedropped the fashion, treating her like a lolita even if only to humor her? Why? I'm sorry this is your situation, I honestly wouldn't wish this on anyone, but you kind of screwed yourself over by doing this.
>>
>>9914815
this just reminds me that all sweet lolitas are diaper loving abdl fetishsists
>>
>>9914823
People keep posting this recently but we're still the only ones other than people in costumey OTT classic who get tons of likes on CoF and Instagram
>>
I hate going to the salon for make up before every meet. But I can't do a decent job myself. Watching all those blind people on yt apply it so well kinda motivated me (i am very nearsighted, -9, so without glasses I am pretty much blind), as it shows that with enough practice I can get there.
But I am too unmotivated to keep trying. 7€ every other month isn't a loss, and I just have to walk 10 meters, but ugh idk... Playing with colours yourself on your own face seems fun.
>>
>>9914826
all goth lolitas worship a sissy fetishist

more evidence that classic lolitas are superior
>>
>>9914815
Sounds awkward as heck. I would at least explain the difference to your mom so she understands you guys are not the same. No need for details, but something simple like "My style is a fashion choice that has nothing to do with kids/babies or child-like behavior"
>>
>>9914828
>worship a sissy fetishist
who? i'm not goth enough to be in the know.
>>
File: 1490482330230.png (796 KB, 803x777)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>9914823
>>9914826
>>9914828
it's nice seeing all the lolita substyles getting along
>>
>>9914838
Mana
>>
>>9914862
oh thats news to me. where did that rumor come from?
>>
>>9914867
It's not a rumor, some newfag thinks they're funny and is trying to turn it into a meme.
>>
>>9914874
ah that makes more sense. no one can dethrone our lord and savior, don't need to be a goth lolita to know this.
>>
>>9914731
I'm not suggesting I didn't do both since I went to a bucketlist destination twice.

I'm just saying with what I spent on the merch that I feel like I no longer really need because it's just stuff I could have put that money towards going to Japan or something or even putting it in my savings account for the future.

I don't regret buying what I did or making my bags but now I just look at them and realize they don't make me any happier now that I have them and at this point I'd feel the same if I had 2 bags or 20 bags so there's no point to keeping them all or making the others I thought I would.
>>
>>9914882
>they don't make me any happier now that I have them
I get that. It's the same with me, I have 5-6 decently sized bags and sometimes I think the money could have been better spent elsewhere.
>>
I used to be a big ass fatty chan but I finally hit my goal weight recently. As exciting as that is, I can't even celebrate by doing a dream cosplay since my upper arms and tummy have bad stretch marks. I know a lot of people have them but man people say nasty things about them. I just don't have the confidence and it makes me sad.
>>
>>9914888
I love supporting the franchise and getting stuff of my favorite characters but after a while I just look at it and feel nothing. I think the best moment is when the package arrives.

Probably means I have a shopping habit but I do feel bad even thinking about selling it all even though it just sitting there doesn't make me happy and I start feeling bad about keeping it all there to gather dust.
>>
Not sure if this should be in the feels thread but
I kinda wish there was a 'lolita update' thread where people upload the new taobao brand releases.
>>
>>9914937
Just do like everyone else and get them a giftcard for a console/system. Steam, Xbox, etc for $10-15.
>>
>>9914938
There's a FB group for that.
Just search "Chinese Lolita Updates".
>>
>friends with girls who are a part of New England Cosplay Community
>one makes 2-3 posts a day about how much "anxiety" cosplay gives her, or she's bitching about how her body dysmorphia keeps her from doing cosplays
>I'll occasionally make a post how if your hobby is stressing you out, you need a new one
>she always comments in agreement
>then goes on to bitch about how stressful cosplay is
>I'm just sitting here, throwing on military gear, and relaxing
>it's not that hard
>>
>>9914956
Do you know what attention seeking behaviour is?
>>
>>9914956
>NECC
>not filled with attention seekers
I have never seen a group with so much backstabbing and attention whoring, leaving was the smartest move
>>
I hate wearing my petticoat in the summer. Fuck this heat.
>>
>>9915018
Wear a gambeson, chainmail hauberk, a plate cuirass, with a tabard over all that, then get back to me
>>
>>9914815
being a full time abdl sounds fun desu
>>
>>9914937
Get him a football and teach him how to throw it
>>
>>9915062
Next time you're feeling down, just find an anthill, and pee on it. You can thank me later.
>>
>>9915044
Why do you need to wear a cuirass if you are a queerass, queerass?
>>
>>9915062
You sound like me except I don't have any friends.

Retail therapy may not be the wisest decision, but it keeps me from killing myself.
>>
>>9915082
Even shopping doesn't fill the void anymore, anon-chan. It went from being "fulfilling" for at least a few weeks or so after each haul, to a week, to a few days, to a day, to a few hours, to nothing. I never thought this day would come for me.

If anything, shopping just makes me feel worse now. I have no more space to display anything in my cramped room, and my tiny closet is overflowing. I don't want to live like some kind of hoarder, I like my space and my stuff to look nice.

It's stupid how hard it is to find decent affordable housing.

>>9915074
I don't really go outdoors anymore, anon
>>
File: momokofuckyou.gif (482 KB, 500x281)
482 KB
482 KB GIF
I'm gonna ring up moot and hiroyuki and tell them to nuke this bastard hellsite once and for all.
>>
File: 1521400014257.png (457 KB, 566x676)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>9915114
Well, time to die then
>>
I had to defend my love of Lolita Fashion


In court.
>>
>>9915122
Explain
>>
>>9914821
I was trying to be nice. We were close when we were kids and she doesn't seem like a bad person or anything. She knew what lolita was and actually namedropped it first. It isn't like she was just dressing up without knowing what she was wearing. She was just ita and ageplay on top of it.
>>
>>9915062
>>9914937
How is this cgl related?
>>
>>9915123
Wife's ex claimed I was a pedophile because I like Lolita dresses. I had to explain why I liked the dresses and the fashion.
>>
>>9915126
I meant to say that I have a bunch of burando I've never worn and I have no motivation to wear any of it
>>
>>9914815
im sorry cathy...i kinda jumped to conclusions...
>>
>>9914055
>nutjobs are the best fucks
Proceeded with caution my Friend. I've only every dated crazy and sometimes it's just not worth it.
>>
File: yodab.png (2.22 MB, 1410x1245)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>9914765
MLP fans didn't come to shit up our board. One obsessed guy who hates MLP with a passion did.

This dude. >>9915132
>>
>>9914832
>>9914815


I'd honestly start differentiating between the two just to head off any shitty gifting. I'm at the age where we only do nice dinners and giftcards, but it's gotta suck to open an especially well-intentioned gift where some relative has put together what they think is a highly coveted children's toy and now you have to decide how to tell them you have absolutely no clue wtf and why tf, and try not to squash their feelings while telling them they basically went into a lot of trouble to gift you some meaningless plastic junk.

It's pretty easy to do too, just frame the questions as if you've no clue what's going on. "Why does cousin wear that around her neck? Is it new, does it mean anything?". "Why does she keep talking about playdates? She asked if I'd like to have a playdate, what should I expect at such things?". You can even segue it into your own thoughtful gift, "she keeps talking about trains, I'm thinking of buying her a set, is she collecting anything in particular? I'm so lost, this is so different from anything else I've ever done."

And if someone makes a comment linking the two of you, time to point out differences -- "What are you talking about? I just wear pink dresses, I don't do toys", "I do tea parties with grownups, I've no idea what people do on toy playdates", "I collect dresses, not trains", and "this is a $300 dress with glitter jacquard fabric, custom tulle lace and organza overlay, I just spent an hour doing my makeup and another hour putting my hair up in braids so I can pin a $300 custom ship-shaped hat onto it. Do I look like I'm going to sit on the floor and play with plastic trains", etc etc.

Actually now that I think about it, it's useful to have someone like this in the family to play off. At least it's easier to drop hints that your stuff is this and not that.
>>
File: ryukochew.gif (144 KB, 180x180)
144 KB
144 KB GIF
>been a lolita for ten years
>friends wish me a happy lolitaversary
>suddenly hit with the realization that my life is flying by at a breakneck pace and I've proven myself to be nobody of value
>>
Lost my baby ring at the movies. It snapped off while I was walking to my seat, i got up at the end to look for it to no avail. I couldn’t even buy it again I if i wanted to. The thing is also I lost it near the doors so whoever picked it up had to have seen me looking for it. I’m so upset, I only just got it too.
>>
File: peachcry.jpg (32 KB, 500x434)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>mfw reading about lolitas and cosplayers losing or breaking their shit
>>
>>9915236
baby ring?
>>
>>9915241
like. the brand.
>>
File: KaramiSK.png (109 KB, 480x480)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>9915044
>I suffer more than you!!1
Cool, no one asked you.

>>9915018
I feel this. If it's really warm, I usually switch out my petti for an underskirt - Not those pieces of fabric with a few ruffles or lace on the hem, but skirts that are a bit more substantial with more fabric, lining, sometimes with a built in petticoat like pic related. They give modest volume on their own and they're lighter than a petti so they feel breezier. You can also wear a hoop skirt instead of a petti if you want more volume, just keep in mind it's not as practical to wear.
Hang in there, anon, the worst of summer is yet to come.
>>
>>9915122
>>9915129
What the fuck
What came of this? Did they believe you? Did you wear lolita to court, did they show pics of you wearing lolita as "evidence", or was it deemed irrelevant and dismissed entirely?
>>
>>9915185
Agreed, 100%. I suppose results can vary depending on the person you're talking to but acting oblivious to the association is often a very effective way to differentiate yourself from things people might confuse with your style, be it ageplayers, itas, or both.
>>
File: Akko durrrrrrr.jpg (160 KB, 720x690)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>9914815
Why not just tell your family exactly the difference? Just tell them and your cousin you're not into age play and that this is purely for you an aesthetic endeavour because you like the neo-victorian style of dress and you have no interest in children's play or acting a different age. Women are so complicated sometimes. I'm sure your family would be relieved to know this and it may perk some interest from your family members to ask genuine questions because they wouldn't feel uncomfortable asking about it knowing that it isn't fetish/kink for you.
>>
>>9915293
Nayrt and while I do agree with this method, it's not guaranteed to work. Sometimes people insist that because you're denying it then it must be true and you're just shy about it; plus, when your family associates you with something this embarrassing but doesn't outright say anything judgmental about it, bringing it up feels like talking about the elephant in the room; it's not always easy to bring up the fact your family thinks you're some kind of fetishist, even if you're doing so to deny it.
>>
>>9915296
With those type of people who are witch hunters and won't believe you no matter what you say you're better off saying it anyway so at least the cousin would believe it and stop the weird talking.

I collect figurines and all sorts of weaboo shit. My family thinks it's weird because it is weird. But if someone in my family were to start brining their daki waifu to the dinner table and saying that them and I are the same I would make a clear distinction that I'm not the same.

I would guess that lolita anon's family could already make out the difference between herself and her cousin in the style of dress (especially if she's wearing burando), demeanour (assuming the cousin acts very childlike and anon acts her age) and accessories. Also it would have been obvious that anon was uncomfortable. So I would recommend confirming and reinforcing the ideas that they are different to avoid getting that label permanently stuck to you before it's too late.
>>
>>9915299
Definitely agreed, though I will add that you'd be surprised to find how oblivious some normies can be about things that are outlandish. Not saying that the op's family must be like this, but her own mother did associate her with her ageplaying cousin and said that she supposedly dresses exactly the same.
>>
>>9915302
Hmm, you do have a fair point. Hopefully she can confide in her mother and she will spread the word around.
>>
>>9915235
The fact your friends celebrated with you means you have value to them.

Live your own life.
>>
>>9914658
Was this at Anime Next?
>>
>>9915136
Then sell it, where is the problem
>>
>love for lolita has motivated me to be healthier and take care of myself better
>lost 8 pounds
>still look like nothing’s changed but meh

8 pounds is 8 pounds and Ofc I’m not stopping there.
>>
File: 1525418450919.jpg (89 KB, 1124x808)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>9915360
Keep at it, anon! I'm proud of you.
>>
>>9914543
Might sound counter intuitive but wear a cheap shirt under your good shirt. That way you won't ruin your good shirt and can easily switch the one underneath.

I also sweat easily. It makes life a lot better really.
>>
>>9915363
Thank you so much anon!
>>
>>9915168
Anon, people from /mlp/ come to bait the autist and see what they can get away with. They were posting mlp shit before in this thread and instead tried posting cropped art for a reaction. They're a bunch of faggots that can't stay in their own board and try to leave to get reactions because they're bored without "hater" drama. It's like furfags.
>>
>>9915293
>neo victorian
This phrase is a god send when explaining the fashion to normies. I had a friend who would jump in and explain for me (in earnest) that I was a lolita, which would always mortify me after people's whole expression would change.
I had to explain to her that most people associate the term with pedophilia.
I asked her to PLEASE use the terms neo-victorian or neo-rococo when talking to normies.
Especially because people remember the resurgence of victorian fashion in the 70s.
>>
>>9915425
>I had a friend who would jump in and explain for me
People who do this shit are so embarrassing, my goodness. I get that they're trying to be helpful or are just excited, maybe both, but they never fail to turn any interaction into an embarrassing mess.
Did she take your explanation to heart at least?
>>
>>9915425
People like you who cannot even use the word Lolita are the same as the people who try to find cute ways to say vagina. Pathetic
>>
>>9915430
Nice false equivilance.
I dont mind saying it. 'Vagina' is a proper scientific term. People who have issues with it are children.
'Lolita' has an entirely different connotation to people who have 0 clue regarding alt fashions, let alone ones from Japan.
They instantly think of thr book and then make judements from there and refuse to change their perception after that.
Using a more 'laymans term' like 'neo-victorian' is a better first step to understating and being educated about the fashion- thus normalising it.
Its easier for normies to grasp than something like 'Lolita'.
>>
>>9915428
She did. She had never really heard of the book and thus didnt know the disgust people associated with the word. She felt really bad after i told her.
>>
>>9915428
My mother likes to jump in when people compliment my clothes with
>IT'S FROM JAPAN IT'S CALLED LOLITA BUT IT'S NOT A SEX THING
which is exactly the wrong thing to say when you don't want people to think it's a sex thing. I don't wear full lolita coords when I'm out with my mom anymore.
>>
>>9915437
Nayrt, I think it depends a lot on your area and, in a way, how you say the name itself.
Obviously some people will react badly to it regardless of how confident you are, but if anything saying the name and relating to it to something cute or elegant is what normalizes the fashion and the name.
It still depends on what people are like where you live though: Some know that Lolita is just a name and have no specific association with it (in my experience French people are often like this; I don't live in France btw), others aren't even aware of the book/movie/porn genre/other unrelated connotation so they have no reaction to it whatsoever; and there are some that are more open minded and will immediately understand that what you're wearing has nothing to do with what they often associate with the name Lolita, but to be fair you can't always be sure who those people are.

TL;DR: I don't blame you for not using the name when talking to strangers if it makes you uncomfortable, you're absolutely free to do that; but if you're thinking about normalizing it, saying the name is better than shying away from it.
>>
>>9915447
>IT'S FROM JAPAN IT'S CALLED LOLITA BUT IT'S NOT A SEX THING
Okay that is straight up horrifying. I'd stop wearing lolita around my mom too if she did that, holy shit.
>>
>>9915449
I live in the part of new jersey that is basically Alambama. Complete with farms every where a rodeo.
Liking anime alone will make you a freak of nature.
>>
>>9915453
Well, shit. Yeah I'd also avoid the name if I were you.
>>
>Spent tons of time to look online for fairy kei items
>Got vintage sweaters and Jbrand items cheaper compared to the ridiculous prices they can sell for now
>Sees people complain about being poor and unable to find items that they idolize
>Feel like I'll come off as a bragging rich asshole if I post wardrobe pics
>>
File: 1364584301270.jpg (16 KB, 379x245)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>9913114
But I do like it.
>>
File: Screenshot_633.png (155 KB, 323x464)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>9915279
Basically as it stands with me and lolita fashion, I just like the dresses. It has never mattered about the person wearing them or whatever their age. Im a manly man, who does manly things, and also has no desire to wear a dress, but I enjoy the hell out of fashion shows and the like when I am able to see one at a con. The birth father took this and tried to spin it that I was into little girls and liked to dress up like them, or something to that effect. While in court I had to defend myself and my love for the fashion by saying something along the lines that I appreciate and enjoy the fashion as a material whole and as an evolution of the past's fashions culminating into what it is today. I also had to explain what /cgl/ was.
>>
>>9915462
Post them anyway. Let people cry and call you names like children if they're jealous, who cares? It's their fault they're too stupid to figure out how to thrift.
>>
>>9915462
Don't feel bad, most of the time people who constantly whine about being poor are a) horrible at managing their finances and saving up, a lot of them spend money on crap like daily Starbucks coffee or b) just don't take the time/effort to also find those items for cheaper.
>>
Getting salty at all the fatty-chans asking about the measurements of a dress Im bidding on and how far the shirring stretches.
Why not let someone who wont stretch it out have it?
>>
>>9914431
We’re out there, I promise. Might be a u thing
>>
>>9914431
Maybe you shouldn't try to find a man based on one hobby alone? I can't share much about many things I love with my BF. This includes my love for the fashion, because he simply doesn't care much for clothes.

However, he still sees how happy it makes me, and thinks it looks nice, so when I'm all happy about some piece of clothes he get's happy of my happiness and tells me his opinion. it's a "making time for you because you care" kinda thing, but he doesn't give a fuck about it and I don't expect him to know all about it. He supports me in wearing it and as long as I don't make financially stupid decisions, doesn't blame me for spending tons on clothes even if he doesn't get why. He has equal respect and is supportive of other hobbies we don't share as well.

Maybe go look for a man you like and likes you for who you are, then the problems wouldn't be a problem anyways as it's part of who you are. There are tons of guys like that, but if your priority is that he must love fashion, yes, you're going to have a hard time and are most likely trowing away great guys who would love, respect and support you because they don't know the difference between royal blue and navy.

I can make more friends and talk about clothes and other hobbies, can't find that much men I click with so well and care so much for that I want to spend my life with them. Honestly, as long as he supports and respects my hobbies, and gives me room to participate in them, I think there are more important things than him knowing all about fashion.

The only thing he sometimes likes is laughing at the ita tread with me every now and then.
>>
>>9915608
It's a "making time for you because you care" kinda thing, but he doesn't give a fuck about fashion itself and I don't expect him to know all about fashion related stuff.
>>
>Girls will f*ck mana even though he is a literal sissy fetish.


WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
>>
>>9915425
People need to learn words have synonyms.

I also hate these neo-[historical period of art] names. It's so often inaccurate. If I'm inspired by another time, it would be another style. I mainly inspire myself with medieval and early renaissance for example. Not to forget many sweet outfits are far from victoriana looking to start with.

Just the fact you already named neo-victorian and neo-rococo, which are extremely different periods, says enough. I won't say neo-each-historical-period-before-mass-production-and-fast-fashion, but I guess it's the most accurate....
>>
making a coord is like making wine tbqh
>>
>>9915755
Didn't sweet originally start as inspired from children's clothing from the Victorian and Edwardian period? I'm not a lolita or a fashion historian but this is what I've learnt from /cgl/.
>>
>>9915914
Stomping over everything and then letting it literally rot?
>>
File: 07.jpg (58 KB, 640x480)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>9915916
Sweet takes the romanticized Victorian/antiquated ideals and aesthetics that inspires lolita as a whole and adds influence from general kawaii shit and shoujo stuff; Rose of Versailles is often cited as one of the sources of inspiration of the young girls who wore it on the streets back in the day. Not to say that Sweet is anime cosplay but afaik the Japanese teenagers that started lolita in the first place came up with it to stay in touch with the cutesy, princessy imagery of cartoons in their childhoods.
>>
>>9916055
Sweet is dog shit.
>>
>>9913985
I totally agree. Brolitas are disgusting, and have clear superiority complexes because they are men. So unique cause I have a dick in my dress! fuck that. when men give women advice in lolita it disgusts me. And then there are girls who defend it or give them hugboxes because wahhh people are mean! fuck that. I hate lolita being seen as a fetish thing in the media, and if i ever have to be seen with a man in a dress, i'll kill myself
>>
>>9914519
sounds like the instagram lolita comm
>>
>>9914724
I know what you mean Anon.
Just focus on being better and don't let your opinion of someone go to an extreme. At least you're self aware right?
>>
>>9913203

Yes there is. Its the reason why things like "under no duress" and "of sound mind" are required for court cases involving contracts or agreements.

Being unemotional is literally the preferred mental state when doing business, or anything requiring serious adults.
>>
>>9914815
I would've just told her straight-out that I'm not into age play, and find it a bit strange. If she got upset then throw your hand in the air while exclaiming, "I ain't going to judge you, but understand that I'm not into that fetish."
>>
>>9914763
The children may not inherit the same deformity. She did say that her bones grew in wrong, and that led to her issues.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.