[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: AWA con.png (1.72 MB, 1248x714)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
We're about 5 weeks out, and AWA is just around the corner.
Discuss guests, panels, cos-plans, hotels, and much more!

FAQ
>When?
Sept 20-23
>Where?
Renaissance Waverley center, Atlanta
>Guests?
https://awa-con.com/guests/
>Panels?
Coming soon!

How was it last year? What do you want to see more of this year? Any fun past fiascos or juicy drama worth sharing?
>>
I have a vacancy in my room at the Econolodge Marietta if anyone's interested in going for cheap. All 4 nights, $95. Contact me on Discord Omoidasu#6911 or alex@is-a-faggot.com to work something out.
>>
Any Monster Hunter cosplayers? Would love to get any photos I can with other hunters. I'll be a Zinogre SnS user and I'll probably bring my BBQ spit.
>>
Anyone else bummed about the lack of Japanese lolita guest?
>>
>>9966506
no, ageplayers can btfo
>>
I'm hosting 3 panels and ready to die
>>
>>9966414
Been planning for this con for a while now. It's going to be my first time going to AWA, but I've heard nothing, but good things about it from my fellow weeb friends so I'm looking forward to it. I just hope I can make the con crunch in time.
>>
>>9966704
list panels so the hacker 4chan can crash them :^)
>>
>>9966506
Yes, and it's the only reason I'm not going this year. So disappointing.
>>
>>9966506
>>9967133
they announced some lolita/jfash guests for the fashion show, so you may not be left entirely high and dry just yet.
>>
>>9966414
Hey everyone! For anyone who wants the join there's also a Florida /cgl/ discord as well, I know a good amount of Floridians go to AWA and a good amount Georgians go to Florida cons. So please feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/ty79mBZ
>>
>>9967706
I have no objections to a north south allliance, but your discord is broke my dude.
>>
>>9967714
That is their spam filter. It's late so they likely haven't roled you yet.
>>
>>9967706
Hey man, it’s not like you can only be a member to one discord. That and it’s not “whoring out” discords, people do cross state lines to go to cons after all, so it makes sense for people to join other regions discord’s if they frequent that region for cons.
>>
>>9967829
Yeah because having 20 discords spamming it up is totally the best efficient thing to do. I mean if you want to be a bunch of little cliquefags gatekeep with your inside jokes that only people in your region get, sure go ahead. But then you should just stay in your region since you totally defeated the purpose of mingling in the first place before you even got off the ground.

Fucking discord jockeys are worse than weed heads and their constant need for self-validation by collecting people to stand near them and smell their smoke.
>>
>>9967833
You truly sound bitter, the whole purpose of creating a discord is to build a community and connect with people, much like the social aspects of cons. It’s honestly a better environment to do it on than /cgl/ I mean look at this open hostility that you’re giving off with the slightest provocation.

But hey, the invites there so you’re free to join, or don’t.
>>
>>9967840
>Says they want to build community
>Segregate by region
>Complains about getting what they wanted after provoking someone

We got a Nazi here boys!
>>
>>9967851
Gorgeous green text mate. If you consider posting a link and explaining my line of reasoning as provocation then I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>9967854
>I mean look at this open hostility that you’re giving off with the slightest provocation.

A Nazi Gaslighter at that too!
>>
>>9967829
>>9967840
>>9967854
I see you have met the resident SJW's. Don't give them attention, they will just REEEE louder.
>>
>>9967876
Thanks man, solid advice. Here’s a nice gif in appreciation
>>
I'm new to Atlanta so this will be my first AWA plus my best friend is flying in from another state to attend! I'm pretty hype. How bad will traffic be driving in every day? I'll be coming from the midtown area.
>>
The embassy and waverley just had a few rooms open up, if anyone has been procrastinating
>>
>>9968408
You'll be going opposite traffic mostly, so it's not so bad. There's actually a non-highway road (I think it's called S. Atlanta or something?) you can take to go from midtown almost straight to the convention center if traffic does get bad.

The main problem is there's no MARTA stop nearby because cobb county is racist
>>
>>9966506
>>9967133
Not lolita, but listen flavor was announced.

Mossbadger's panels tend to be really great, I don't think the guest announcements are so bad
>>
>>9970321
Taking bus route 12 from midtown station drops you right in front of the con center, thought I admit train would be much preferred
>>
>>9968408

around town shouldn't be too bad, but come early. Parking will be scarce, and there is a Braves home game set the same weekend.
>>
>>9968408
>>9970321

He could easily take the marta line up to the medical center, get out call an uber and then go to cobb. It's like 5 bucks.

>>9967876
This, also don't expect to see them at the con or anything. AWA seems to have a natural repellent to them. So thankful for that
>>
This is my first year volunteering, anyone have any tips that they won't tell you at the meetings? Am I going to regret this and never do it again? It's probably too late for me to change my department but what is the best department to volunteer for?
>>
>>9972427

thats the secret of AWA. Its not actually in atlanta. and outside of major cities, that shit doesn't fly in the south very far. They don't get harassed or anything (though they act like they think they are) and tend to just be ignored. maybe filmed.

>>9974070
>This is my first year volunteering,

Like, at any con ever?
>>
hopefully some guest animators or something get announced sometime soon.....
>>
>>9974922
Yeah I've been to AWA like five times but I've never volunteered for any con
>>
Will anyone let us stay in their hotel room for free if my gf offers free blowjobs?
>>
>>9975095
Until the last 6 words I was considering it.
>>
>>9974070
Public safety.
You can still change your department as long as everyone is consenting.
>>
>>9974070
For awa? Just be aware how many drunk weebs there are and don't break their balls due to it
>>
>>9976036
Thank you anon, thank you.
>>
Anybody have any idea when AWA tends to get back to us telling us what day/time our panels are going to be?
>>
>>9976258
as long as they're not offering to minors or making a public disturbance just let em do their thing.
>>9977163
Panel schedule will be out soon™
>>
>>9975095
What the fuuuuck
>>
>>9975095
Your gf can stay, you can sleep outside the room .
>>
still no panel schedule, concern intensifies
>>
>>9975095
I would require one from each of you. At the same time.
>>
>>9966506
No point to going to an expensive tea w/o a Japanese Lolita brand.
>>
so what's up with the week shift? 3 weeks after dragoncon is eep
>>
>>9984191

Those were the only dates available? EY and Home Depot con had the same shift.
>>
>>9967145
They announced Puvithel as the main fashion guest. She is not even a "B' Indie designer. What a waste.
>>
Number of Japanese guests this time is pretty disappointing overall. No producers or writers or anything either.
>>
>>9985011
Seriously. There isn’t even a single animator or director or anything
>>
>>9984514
>>9983977

Well if the lolita's weren't a bunch of uppity bitches last year, maybe they would have got some. But because the models were a bunch of cunts to the designers, no one wants to come anymore. Seriously, all you did was whine and complain about the price so now the JP's are like, fuck this shit, why go to the US for tea parties when we can do it at home with people more grateful.
>>
>>9985062
they just announced the brands for the fashion show. Mossbadger, A. Gato Designs, Puvithel and 50% Dangerous. Yawn!!! No way am I modeling again!
>>
>>9985062
This is my first year going to AWA. What happened last year? I guess there was some drama?

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there is still going to be a tea party, even though there won't be a Japanese brand guest?
>>
>>9985582
is the reason why they don't want to come >>9985843
>>
Anyone know why AWA doesn't have an early registration benefit like Dcon or Momocon, both of which offer discounts for early registration.

Kinda miffed that I'm paying $70 for a mid tier con..
>>
>>9984514
"main fashion guest" hahaha
>>
>>9986343

If they did what they did last year - You can buy next years badge for $40 AT the con, or very shortly after. It goes up the closer to the con it gets. I paid $68 for my pre-reg about a month~ ago.
>>
>>9986710
wth i didn't notice this last year..

Did they introduce this like a few weeks after the con ended!? I didn't see it at all, but now I'm looking at the site and there are more pre reg options with discounts..
>>
Whomstve is ready to be squad-ing up as 2hus at this con?
>>
>>9984514
>Mossbadger and Listen Flavor announced as main guests ages ago

Anon did you even read the announcement
>>
File: 10374103.jpg (16 KB, 348x327)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Personally I'm pretty bummed about the Spyair/Rookiez is Punk'd concert being on Sunday... it was a big reason I'm going and I'll have to leave the center by 4 to catch my flight

Who the fuck schedules a concert like this on a Sunday? Come on guys
>>
The tea party is going to be a j-fashion mixer, and the theme is pastel goth.
>>
>>9984514
>>9985062
To add to this, the lolitas that attend are cheap and don't buy enough brand to make it worth it.
>>
How quiet is Thursday usually? Trying to decide if it's worth not going into work that day or not... Definitely not working on Friday, of course.
>>
>>9987491
Super happy fun sale is worth going too, I've always found something there but not worth missing out on work. Especially if you rather make money. It starts late though if you can go after work.
>>
>>9987491
Bretty quiet, not worth taking off, unless you have peeps you just chill with.

I work/live like 2 miles away so I just go on Thursday after work to pick up a badge and just look around for a few hours.
>>
>>9986794

its been that way for since like AWA 4...
>>
File: aa0.png (200 KB, 500x276)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>9987384
God fucking dammit AWA...
>>
>>9987545
You obviously don't know about the Overlord Orgy if you don't take work off on a Thursday.
>>
>>9987334
People that have better sense then you to schedule your flight so early on a Sunday.

Smart people would reschedule their flight
>>
>>9987678
It's late enough that I shouldn't have had to miss anything. I don't have experience with that airport so I don't know how the security lines are. Can't reschedule without a fee that I can't afford. No other con I've been to has done a big event like this on a Sunday before so why should I have expected it? I'm not really angry with them I'm just disappointed that it didn't work out for me.
>>
>>9987644
>>9987384
Teas been announced finally. Doesn't look 'pastel goth' to me.
>>
>>9987941
I really think the pastel goth thing was an asspull. I spoke with an organizer at momocon and they said something about last year costing too much. And also that they needed a cheaper guest. So just make the teaparty include general jfash to get more ticket sales I guess...
>>
>>9986343
Considering they're hurting so bad that they're forcing photographers to pay a fee just to take pictures...its gonna keep going up.

You can thank the amazing city of Atlanta and Cobb county for being so gracious and building a god damn baseball stadium right next door for inflated parking and hotel fees.
>>
We are now a week and change out and no schedule yet. Shitshow con incoming?
>>
>>9988251
Dragoncon doesn't have their schedule out more than a week in advance. Why should I expect AWA to?
>>
>>9987817

then, do you think Sundays at a con should only have shit for events?
>>
>>9988251
I've heard that the schedule is done but has only been given to panelists so far but it should officially be out soon
>>
>>9988128
The photopass is because of the hotel and convention center's vendor policies. Just taking casual hall snaps doesn't cost, it's if you want to be able to charge money to take other people's pictures.

Now, the damn stadium *is* the reason for the galleria now charging $5/day for parking.
>>
>>9989003

I mean $5 isn't bad but what about the parking near the hotel front/offices, that's where I usually park, i can't imagine how they're going to charge for it, they don't have any systems set up..
>>
File: uri_mh1536546229511.jpg (755 KB, 1067x1462)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
>>9987941
>>
>>9989098
This just seems so lazy. The theme is pastel goth and they couldn't even make the poster reflect that? Really??
>>
>>9989098
This seems dumb. Why is it not a tea party? I'm guessing because there's no real lolita guests? AWA is a mess and I'm glad I haven't gone since 2015.

>The dress is more casual than at a formal tea party but should still be representative of one of the many styles of J-Fashion.
What is the point of dressing casually at a con event, particularly for j-fash? If you're a lolita, in particular. Again, the casual dress reflects the guests but it ruins the atmosphere and excitement of an event like this.

>pastel goth
What... That's not a theme, that's, like, a sub-style/color palette? Very limiting. A theme be more interpretive and broad.
>>
Anyone know about the policies with bringing cooking equipment (stove + coolers) to set up outside?
>>
>>9990871
Make sure it is not a pressure cooker. Shit can be used for bombs
>>
>>9989419
>>9990782
Look at all the littles mad because the Japanese don't want anything to do with their filthy kink.

>>9990871
The fire department comes and sprays you with the hose. No I am not joking. Some kid in 2014 thought he could cook in the garden with his grill and they came and sprayed his shit across the veranda.
>>
>>9991740
I imagine the fine was hefty. Welp there goes my cosplay out the window.

I gotta figure something discreet so it wont be such an obvious fire ordinance hazard
>>
>>9991740
>Look at all the littles mad because the Japanese don't want anything to do with their filthy kink.

Not sure what you even mean by this b8
>>
never been to a con, ive been thinking about going next week tho
>>
>>9991760
I mean unless you actually start cooking, they are not going to bother you. This guy was cooking fucking steak.
>>
>>9991918
I want to cook steak :(
>>
File: sooooooooon.jpg (176 KB, 720x405)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
seven daysss
>>
5th annual /CGL cosplay meetup!

Going to be hosting Saturday. Will meetup in the lobby around 1pm and go get lunch at the cheesecake factory as the usual...

Sorry I didn't get this together last year, I was out of state for work!
How's that time work for everyone?
>>
>>9992065

Yay the person with initiative is back.

1PM is a bit early though, I'll really try to make it.
>>
>>9991909
do it faggot
even if you don't go to panels hanging out with friends is fun
>>
>>9992065
Lobby of the convention?
>>
>>9992472
not her but in previous years we met in the registration area..
>>
https://awa-con.com/events/awa-2018-schedule/
schedule is out
>>
>>9992762
What are you guys thinking of doing? After a quick scroll through there aren't really any panels catching my eye.
>>
>>9992472
Meeting in the registration area, right next to weapons check
>>
>>9974070
yo imma be real with you, were short people for the video rooms.
>>
>>9992065
I would prefer a later time but I will try my hardest to make it!!
>>
>>9994134
ay yo same here, can we vote for like 2:30PM or something
>>
1pm is a bit early, but if thats how the south rolls then sure
>>
>>9994134
How's 4pm then?
>>
>bought prereg tickets already
>still have no way of getting tickets to the con
>not old enough to rent a car
>flights are too expensive
>already made plans with people for stuff to do at the con
>>
File: grab.1537214666.jpg (220 KB, 1164x574)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Open invitation. Find me on Fri or Sat for free shades, while supplies last.
Your hint? Look for the guy carrying lots of spatulas.
>>
>>9994325
4pm sounds good. Also depends on when people really want to eat and how crowded it'll be
>>
>>9994325
4 is great!
>>
>>9994325
I don't care either way. 4pm then instead of 1pm? I'm bringing a few friends from other boards, the time doesn't matter itself as long as it doesn't change.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.