[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 66 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Kironobrit.jpg (19 KB, 474x266)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
This quiet spell is hell.

Hibanacon 2-4 Nov
HyperJapan 16-18 Nov
Mcm London 26-28 Oct
Britgulls Eva marathon - DELAYED

https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
File: 1472670995663.png (21 KB, 473x500)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
anyone heading to glasgow mcm this weekend?
>>
Ecg qualifiers this weekend. Will the UK finally have a decent representative?
>>
>>9995580
mibbes aye, mibbes naw
>>
>>9994980
I was waiting for this thread for ages! Thank you anon for reviving it.

I am pretty excited for MCM October since it will probably be my last MCM (so done spending so much on a con that I find boring half the time).

I have mix feeling about hyper Japan being in the Olympia, but then again it's all mainly indoors which is great for this cold weather.

I'm so tempted to go to Hibanacon but im not sure yet. What's everyone's review on this con?
>>
oh yeah whats up with the drama on Lewis and sindy?
>>
>>9996643
lewis got banned from mcm
sindy tried to call someone else out for "being the next lewis" with no real proof other than some screenshots of her accusing him of stalking people
>>
File: 476549438719131649.png (20 KB, 128x96)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>9996643
>>9996649
Stop.
>>
>>9996649
Yeah Sindy is starting her own vendettas to get people she doesn't like banned. Then trying to shame people who call her out on the lack proof she provides. She needs to be fucking banned
>>
Looks like we have Helen Alice as solo rep and Crystalneko & The Starlight Fairy as group reps for ecg.
>>
>>9998186
Did anyone catch Ziggy's spergy fit about being bitched about online, top kek
>>
File: received_267970010591123.jpg (1.47 MB, 3024x4032)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Mcm Glasgow mecha furry/paper Godzilla
>>
>>9998222
Do share, I've always felt she's an underappreciated lolcow.
>>
>>9997965
Is there anywhere she's not banned from by this point?
>>
Definitely noticed a lot less overpriced bootleg knockoffs at stalls this year at MCM Scotland. Hopefully thats a trend that holds for October for London.
Also, anyone know what actually happened with the girl who injured herself on stage? Heard it being everything from a sprained ankle to a torn knee ligament?
>>
Anyone go to thought bubble?
>>
>>9998186
I didn't catch a live stream, were there any other decent contestants?
>>
>>9997965
Who is Sindy? I wish to know their name so I can avoid them and their drama.
>>
Turns out the lad Sindy tried to out is actually a massive cunt. Obsessively angry reacts every post this cosplayer who made a fursuit does because he got banned from a con for threatening to set one on fire, lel.
>>
>>9998242
Looks like they just taped a ton of garbage on their body. Didn't like it then, and still don't like it.
>>
Skipping MCM to save up for a month trip to Japan. The amount of money I've spent going to them over the years is stupid for a crowded dealers hall.
>>
>>9999298
Good post, anon.
>>
>>9999298
Good for you.
>>
File: ESQPIfT.gif (185 KB, 390x290)
185 KB
185 KB GIF
>>9999298
Congratulations!
>>
>>9999298

For me MCM is what a jungle is to David attenborough
>>
File: powercon.png (20 KB, 436x307)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>See friend commented on a post about a con being cancelled
>Wonder what the drama was
>Go on their page
>See this

Holy shit, anybody got the full story? This sounds like comedy gold.
>>
>>9998222
who's ziggy?
>>
>>9998721

According to pictures that girl getting her name dragged through the mud for not finishing/sending commissions to clients as well as refusing refunds entered with her partner and someone else. I'm not sure who else tried.
>>
>>9998671
Definitely glad there were less bootleggers selling the same shit. I'd argue the lootboxes need to fuck off. Been a scam every year.

The girl dislocated her knee. She was back the next day on crutches.

>>9999020
Is it the same guy who has been making multiple apologies in the group after some backlash over his "cosplay"?
>>
How do I get a hot cosplay mommy?
>>
>>10001101
Please remove yourself from the gene pool
>>
>>10001101
>>10001107
Or just be gay, mommydom is only cute between girls, anything else is degenerate
>>
>>10001107
OK mommy

>>10001292
But lesbians are disgusting
>>
>>10000346
Don't know the full story myself but from what I've gathered most of the management for the con left after most of the MMPR guests cancelled. (Speculated to be because the guests either weren't paid enough or their agents asked for more money) a new team took over but people sperged out over a rumour the con was cancelled. And finally what was left of the team couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>10001681
Aww honey, it's not our fault you were born an inferior male and can't join in.
>>
>>9999020
He's banned from pretty much every con in the north east.
>>
>>10003470
What so like 2 cons?
>>
>>10003397
I know mommy I was thinking about surgery so I can fit in.
>>
File: 1528170419981.gif (1.39 MB, 315x174)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB GIF
>>10003397
>Honey
Get the fuck outta here.
>>
Sindy Pop is a class A cunt who is very bored
>>
random question but what's up with megumi koneko? As in why does she cover one of her eye? I haven't seen anyone on here talk about her but apparently she's really popular
>>
File: DdgAUhbWsAAB9fG.jpg (78 KB, 720x1080)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>10004670
>>
>>10001101
Invite Theresa May for lols or you will end up with a pussy that is like a warm bowl of creamed corn.
>>
>>10004670

Literally fucking who?
>>
So guys, is anyone here going to Comic Con Scotland or giving it a miss? Looks good for guests (I’m into 80s stuff) but i’m still skeptical as to whether some of them will even turn up. I mean, MCM London would probably struggle to get some of the people as guests, so how is a new con getting anywhere near booking these people?
>>
>>10003954
As long as the MCM facebook groups are full of onions filled enablers, unwashed incels, and low esteem teenagers looking for validation who don't even go to con you'll always have people like Sindy.
>>
>>10005131
Avoid it like the plague and save your money for another event.
>>
File: IMG_20181004_200738.jpg (220 KB, 1080x1289)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>10005070
A UK cosplayer who's popular basically
>>
>>10005301

OK, so what's the tea? Give us something to work with here.
>>
>>10004670
>>10004671
>>10005301

Self post. No1 curr.
>>
>>10005301
Popular? Where? The amount of followers is pointless when no one has heard of them.
>>
>>10005301
Literally who?
>>
>>10004671
> when you shop your legs not but your belly hanging over

lmao
>>
File: 1521210784335.jpg (897 KB, 3600x3000)
897 KB
897 KB JPG
Hibana in a month lads, anyone going?
>>
>>10005131
at first i was pretty hyped about a con being held in my city, EICC is a really good venue, but the ticket costs are bonkers for a con's first time running. even if it wasn't their first time, i still probably wouldn't spend £20+ or whatever on a single-day ticket.
>>
Why is everyone on my fb feed sperging out about Comic Con Scotland?

I get the feeling it’s not even that big a deal.
>>
>>10006320
Cosplay guests got screwed over by the organiser and completely incompetent cosplay co-ordinator. Guests have been requesting information on their role for months, organiser and co-ordinator had been fobbing it off. This week the cosplayers were told that no expenses whatsoever had allocated for them and they would have to fork out their own money if they wanted to do panels and such, so some of them amicably agreed to drop out. But the organiser has now decided to start badmouthing them all, sending abusive messages and has been spreading complete misinformation about what has actually happened.

It shouldn't have turned into this, but basically the organisers are at fault for not just admitting they made a giant fuck up. I think other people are generally riled with the event, as the organisers have also been aggressive in telling two guests that they would cancel their appearance because of their decision to be guesting at other cons. It sounds to me like the organising board are just quite incompetent, can't admit to errors and won't take any kind of negative criticism.
>>
>>10006390
Cosplayers are all suddenly “taking a break” and falling into depression because of that?

Scottish cosplay scene is a joke.
>>
>>10006455
One cosplayer who has a regular habit of talking about she's "so depressed" doesn't constitute the community.
>>
>>10006799
Not seen one girl mention the situ. Only guys kicking off.
>>
>>10005131
>>10005295
>>10006318
>>10006320
>>10006390
>>10006455
>>10006799
>>10006804
Experienced a couple of events by the same organiser, lucky I got my tickets paid for, it's nowhere near being worth the amount of money they're charging. Just amatuerish, fine for normies, not for long-term con-goers.
>>
So anyone with plans for MCM London?

I was not planning on going (gave up some time ago) but friend from abroad wants to go so I am tagging along to hang out.

Good to see there is no real drama or other cringe here. Guess most of us are growing up (or moved on).
>>
>>10007686
>but friend from abroad wants to go so I am tagging along to hang out.
Literally the same reason I'm going.
>>
>>10007686
Yeah, I'm going with my GF and a few friends. I don't enjoy the con itself but it's a great chance to meet friends from all over the country, get drunk and laugh at the blatant thottery in the Fox.
>>
>>10005301
That awkward feeling when you know who that person is and they're a bit of a handful but can't arsed to start a drama thread.
>>
>>10008732
Tfw no one cares about you so you keep trying to reroute the thread to talk about your attention whoring self
Here's your fucking (you)
>>
File: IMG_20180910_215720.jpg (62 KB, 933x715)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10006455
can confirm
>>
>>10005301
I've had her on Facebook for a couple of years had no clue she's not a popular cosplay thot
>>
>>10005301
Just from location I would say she is a home wrecker, too much Stoli and drugs, and if you try to get laid with her your cock will end up in a chastity lock and watch her get laid with others (if you take the bf route).

From a quick view I would say she relies on sexy appeal too much for cosplay and her overall facial expressions seems to be off for some odd reason which is why she is hard to notice (in the cosplay scene), but at least she will fit in for MCM at this location.
>>
So the Hibana schedule is out by some sort of miracle. It's fairly normal for them to come out the week prior to or of the con.
>>
>>10009265
Looks good desu, lots of events on there that aren't the same old. Now they just need to stop letting a rapist and serial sexual harasser work for them and they're golden.
>>
>>10009580

Is that the guy in the games room who wouldn't shut up during the closing ceremony at Ame?

If so he wouldn't just fuck off and let me play the games last year. He kept coming over and commenting on my taste every time my boyfriend had to nip out to get something he'd forgotten or to get food.
>>
>>10009580
Who is the guy? As one of my friends helped run the board games section and it doesn't sound like him but I'm now worried...
>>
>>10005670
>when anon thinks you're self posting
Why the heck would she want to selfpost here!?! These threads are pretty dead
>>
>>10007686
The only drama is about Lewis other than that these threads are pretty dead drama wise (might be because most people have moved onto discord)
>>
>>10009682
>>10009982
Don't know if that's the same guy as I try to avoid him as much as possible, but Mr Purple, the fat crossdresser who runs a few panels. Pretty sickened to see he's running the icebreakers this year- the Hibana committee fucking know what he did but hey let's just let him have his pick of the con newbies yeah? I understand they can't do much without concrete proof or a conviction but that really is fucked up.

The guy has zero remorse either. I'm friends with the girl he raped and every time he sees me he tries to talk to him, I tell him I don't associate with fucking rapists and yet he keeps trying it. One of these days I'm going to get some girls together and kick his fucking head in because clearly the con staff aren't interested in protecting us. Oh and he's buddy buddy with Towers too which will shock nobody.
>>
>>10010378
*tries to talk to me
>>
Different guy to the one I was talking about in the games room then - not that it's any reassurance. He was removed from having anything to do with the games room at Minami though so that's something.
>>
DES~!
>>
>>10009682
>>10009982
You guys are thinking of Captain Tyler/Shinji Ikari. He's a vile individual, self-important at best and a fucking sex offender at worst. It disgusts me that he still gets allowed to gopher at cons.
>>
File: Itona_transparent.png (179 KB, 364x1028)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>9994980
Hey fellow bongs, going to MCM London this month. Wondering how best to go about cosplaying pic related. I have a white wig, the belt and red turtleneck are obvious but I don't know where I could cop the trousers and cardigan. He's supposed to be in a school uniform so I don't know how to best emulate that.

If anyone can help me cop that stuff I'd appreciate, I am a complete beginner at this cosplay stuff
>>
>>10010691
The trousers just look like standard grey suit trousers. You could probably find some on ebay for not much money.

The blazer may be a bit trickier but again, it basically looks like a standard grey single-breasted blazer. You'd just need to attach some darker grey trim along the lapels etc.
>>
>>10010695
Year the trim is the big issue here since I don't know the first thing about sewing or whatever the fuck you got to do to add trim. I think it's time for some tutorials
>>
>>10010700
Personally I'd get some bias binding - as wide as you can get (I think it goes up to two inches). It can be fiddly to attach if you're inexperienced though, especially around corners. You could just hot glue it in place if you're short on time, but looking up how to mitre corners will still make the finish look better.
>>
>>10010712
Nice this looks useful
>>
>>10010378
What happened as it is the guy I call a friend I didn't know about this....
>>
>>10008871
TFW you take 4chan seriously and are absolutely seething.
>>
>>10010378

Not to accuse or anything but, did he really rape your friend? Would they not be told old for him?. Mr Purple is known to likes his lolis a bit too much, once they look legal they are too old for him. I think he might even be banned from a couple events because of this becoming public knowledge a few years back.
But also, fucking hell if Tyler is working for Hibana, then between him being a disgusting fuck, and Mr Purple running events then you can be sure something will go down and some poor lass will have a bad time.
Let's just hope that the rapey togs don't show and that pekple like pksnapsnap are still banned from all UK cons
>>
>>10011715
*people

Fuck sake.
>>
>>10011715
I cannot believe PKsnaps cheated on his gf and then she stayed with him because she cannot imagine life without him.

Also apparently when they were split he said he wanted to fuck other women but if she fucks another guy he won't be able to trust her and will never talk to her again. He cheated and says that? That's a fucked up relationship
>>
>>10012112
All guys are like that desu
>>
>>10011303
same here, I've only met him twice and only known him for just over a year
>>
This is the first time ill be in mcm london.

will I meet the famous spooner or is he banned?
>>
>>10013176
I saw him a few weeks ago, he said he has a Mickey line up for MCM so yeah he will be there
>>
>>10013176
Spooner was only banned at Hyper Japan before (he was pictured taking an up skirt photo apparently).
He has no known issues with MCM (other than reputation through here in part, known elsewhere though).

He would likely be at MCM. Would advise finding another MCM highlight as you might end us seeing an arse that can't be unseen...
>>
>>10013176
There will be other togs. Before MCM look at a couple facebook pages for togs and book ahead. A lot of them won't take pics with you if you haven't booked.
>>
File: LVe-GLyl.jpg (15 KB, 500x368)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
I miss Amecon
>>
>>10015041
I don't it was fucking shit
>>
>>10015041
They aren't running next year cause the whole committee wants to quit lel
>>
File: image.png (291 KB, 750x366)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
I fucking missed Spooner at Amecon. That's like a ritual at this point. Like con-Bingo.

Anyway, who's doing the double gauntlet of MCM and Hibana? Thank christ payday sits between the two.
>>
>>10015947
I'll probably just do the one day of MCM, was considering two but I have a Halloween party on the Saturday so might be too hungover. Then 4 (?) days of hibana, oof.

also pls come to my panel at hibana it will be very good with lots of eurobeat
>>
>>10015947
Double gauntlet.

Alphachad Discord only secret helped cut the price of hotels down to £100

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.