[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1513532001226.png (916 KB, 615x820)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
Hey /ck/ i have a new boyfriends and we are going to go on a picnic at the beach on sunday. Help me nail down what to bring.

Opener:
Thinking grapes and water melon balls with mint. Pairing it with a hard cheese and a solf cheese. Will have to see what they have as I don't have a cheese market. Any suggestions on common cheeses?

Main Course:
Sandwiches; Thinking of getting building our own with salami, prosciutto, and turkey. sides of spinach, red onion, mozzarella?, tomato, pesto and mayo. What is better a croissant or caibatta?

Side dish: pasta salad. I love pesto pasta salad but since we are having pesto on the sandwich maybe a Italian dressing pasta salad. Open to other suggestions for side.

Desert: its the beach so maybe just a cookie. Not sure how well anything cooled will keep.

We are going out saturday night to a club and I am going to sleep over at his house. Then we are going to go to the beach on sunday so I need to have everything made on saturday and pick it up before the beach. Keep that in mind when suggesting ideas.

Picture unrelated
>>
make him bring food
the end
>>
too complicated, just bring a baguette, some cheeses and meats and wine
>>
seems like you have a decent idea already, you can find some havarti and dubliner even at walmart these days, maybe one of those goat cheese logs with berries
>>
>>10896984
Does anyone have the webm of this fat monkey sculling a soda?
>>
File: its a secret.jpg (75 KB, 1000x1000)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
You and I both know there is only one thing you need to bring for the picnic
>>
Pre prep the sandwichs before, sand will get into the food. Wrap them in plastic.
>>
>pasta salad
gayyyyyyy

just bring stuff to make a banh mi and some peaches. seriously fuck pasta salad. tub of paté, tub of pickles and salad, tub of roast pork, couple of big baguettes, you'll get your dick sucked.
>>
File: 6OhrqVM.jpg (273 KB, 1100x619)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>10896984
baguette, cheese, charcuterie, some grapes and other fruit
>>
>>10896984
This macaque was actually the alpha of a pack that brought him junk food to eat and distribute to members. He was literally Jabba the Monkey before he got caught by the authorities.
>>
>>10896984
sandwich you stupid cunt
>>
>>10897045
I'll do you one better and give you the article it came from.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4454828/chunky-monkey-nicknamed-Uncle-Fatty-seen-Thailand.html
>>
>>10897781
>it's true
Holy shit that's awesome.
>>
>>10896984
>Opener:
stopped reading there

it's just a picnic who fucking cares stop overthinking it
>>
>>10897113
I don't want sandwiches to get soggy and I don't know exactly what he likes as we have only been on a couple dates.

>>10897149
is pasta salad that gay? Seems like a simple side that will taste good but maybe that is too much carbs and we need something lighter. I don't want a salad and I do want a little extra than just the fruit and sandwiches. Also getting my dick sucked is going to happen regardless of what I bring.
>>
>>10897823
Yup. What makes it even better is that his leader status actually made him surprisingly hard to catch, because his pack was aggressively determined to defend him. Thai wildlife officials had to coordinate to track down the mini-Kingpin and ward off his followers with sticks, almost like a real gang-busting operation.

Reality truly is stranger than fiction at times.
>>
>>10896984

>Hey /ck/ i have a new boyfriends

Fucking whore. Scabbed cunt bitch.
>>
man you sound so stressful and high strung

also who the fuck goes to a 'club' as a date?

just spend the night fucking at his house and then go to maccas for a mcmuff
>>
File: 1531109768813.jpg (735 KB, 1616x1639)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>mfw being in a relationship triggers the fuck out of so many people on this board

I'm a hermit loser with no friends or gf but idgaf if someone else has a love life, entertaining butthurt though
>>
>>10897903
>also who the fuck goes to a 'club' as a date?
gay men
>>
>>10897903
Well we are going to fuck, why not go to a club and have fun first?

>>10897908
Too many people are cooking for one on this board. Must suck being a great cook and not having anyone to share it with.
>>
>>10897949
>cooking for others
it sucks, don't enjoy it at all

having someone else cook for me would be good cause I'm lazy but fuck having to be in a relationship or live with someone just for that
>>
>>10897903
if it was your gf and she did less than bare minimum you would say she was a lazy cunt
>>
>>10896984
A suggestion: assuming that the Saturday part of the date goes well, plan the Sunday picnic together. He might not even like some of the foods you've picked out.
>>
>>10897698
Huh?
>>
>>10896984
You sound not american. :( your beaches probobally suck anyway. Just dome him up at your house and he wouldnt care what you eat.
>>
>>10896984
Stop posting Asuka
>>
>>10896984
bring a large cucumber to the picnic and practice widening your asshole for your bf, otherwise you will be bleeding all over his balls
>>
>>10896984
Just order a pizza and have them deliver to you at the beach lmao you fucking trap degenerate
>>
>>10896984
Way too much try hard. Make it much simpler and then he won't spill all his potato thinking you are some prissy bitch. Simple is better. Also play with his cock through his pants. You will get super wet. I always do, too.
>>
>>10898683
>implying OP has a vagina
>>
>>10897949
>being a great cook
>/ck/
Lol welcome to the board, I hope your first day is great
>>
>>10896984
It all sounds good but I am going to say you should nix the red onion. I love onions, but raw red onion can obliterate the palate and make everything else taste funny (and linger on the breath forever, which might ruin the romantic factor.) And for bread I would go with croissant, personally.

In terms of cheeses, maybe see if your local grocer has a decent imported/craft cheese selection? Most of the stores in my city have a at least a few interesting cheeses. If not, Harvarti, Muenster, and Gouda are common go-to cheeses that you can find almost anywhere.
>>
OP, will it be windy and sandy? Sand blowing into to food is not good. Have to be careful at the beach at prepping food on plates on a towel in that case. The solution is individually wrapped sandwiches and everything in tupperware containers or mason jars with some forks. A choice is good if you don't know him well, because he might have picky food issues, abhors mustard or mayo, or doesn't like this or that. I do believe it is better to ask them what they prefer like "hey love, thinking a or b? do you have a preference?" and at least the sandwich part is covered. What you do outside of that could be a couple choices of good accompanying refreshing things. I like the watermelon chunks, mango slices, or fruit salad idea, peaches are in season, or like basic grapes, whole chilled cherries already cleaned ready to pluck. Depending on his sandwich choice, have a side that goes with it, so italian style sub w/ a simple cucumber, tomato, mozzarella ball, basil kind of pasta or tortellini salad. Orzo, spinach, feta, mint, parsley. He might prefer chips.
Are you packing drinks? If not consider a thermos of some sweet tea or limeade, lots of ice to enjoy in some drink bottles with it.

Pro touches:
Real cloth napkins, even bandanas, protects the lap. I always at the beach pack wet wipes. Gets sunscreen off hands. Put dampen some paper towels or washcloths into a ziploc, squeeze of lemon. Keep in cooler. Feels good on the face at the end of the day before piling back into the car.
>>
>>10896984
Better sandwich would be Roma tomato prosciutto fresh mozzarella and evoo ciabatta makes mores sense but I do like croissant more. Second a good cheese pairing would be gruyere or parmigiana with that a pesto pasta salad will fit right in. Personal favorite parmigian is boars head( they run a monopoly Italian import to the US) and califa evoo
>>
>>10898991
>>10899000
Thank you for the actual useful tips. We are going to be in public so no alcohol, limeade sounds good but if I am waiting a whole day to eat then an infused water might be nice, I can let it sit all night.
>>
>>10897908
Literally no one is being mean to you or triggered. Did you mention being gay specifically just to get hate comments?

t. gay from /gg/
>>
>>10899683
I'm not OP learn to read

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.