[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why are raw milk and weed legal in California but not 190 proof alcohol?
>>
>>10897852
Everclear does the best job of weeding out undesirables.
>>
>>10897852
Does anyone even shoot that?
>>
>>10897852
Is it? I just bought some maybe a year ago or so?
>>
>>10897852

Azeotropic alcohol isn't 95% It's around 94%.
>>
>>10897852
Downing a bottle of Everclear can kill you in minutes. Smoking blunts might give you lung cancer in a decade, if at all as no study has conclusively proven cannabis smoking is carcinogenic.
>>
>>10897852
>why are things that are OK for you legal but this thing that is terrible for you is illegal?
>>
>>10897873
you shouldn't

makes your tongue go numb
>>
>>10897916
>cannabis smoking is carcinogenic.
it is because smoking creates carcinogens (doesn't have to be weed)

but it is still waaaay better than cigs because we add ~1000 known carcinogens to it first and make them radioactive.
>>
Because druggies like to pretend like alcohol is the worst drug ever and everyone who tries it gets addicted and starts injecting everclear into their eyeballs. They do this because they think it makes their drug of choice look more safe by comparison.
>>
>>10898007
>brainwashed by big pharma
>>
>>10897852
Because alcohol is much worse for you than the other two things you mentioned
>>
Alcohol is probably the most pleb thing on the planet. You don't enjoy alcohol, you enjoy the endorphins your body creates when it cleans up the toxins. Enjoy your dehydrated brain.
>>
>>10898007
Really, the entire worldview of the druggie seems to be something like this:

>society tolerates alcohol/cigarette/fast food abuse
>therefore society should tolerate EVERY form of substance abuse
>>
>>10898007
And what if it IS far safer by comparison? How many people have been killed as a direct consequence of hashish consumption compared to alcoholism, which is lethal even before factoring in the risk of accidents and increased criminality?
>>
>>10898019
your'e forgetting that society pushes seriously damaging and addictive prescription drugs as fix it all solutions despite their low efficacy all the fucking time.

You do realize that the war on drugs was not mostly based on health concerns. It was primarily based on providing tools to arrest and remove niggers chinks and spics, but also as a way to eliminate competitors such as hemp (which was the largest global industry before the modern era) Textiles, cotton and pharmaceutical companies saw hemp and marijuana as a big threat
>>
>>10898016
>He doesn't chug a liter of water before bed
What a pleb.
>>
>>10898019
Well just about everything is fine in moderation, and most side effects of drugs, like meth, actually come from the impurities present and the way theyre made, and not the actual chemical component someone is seeking from smoking or injecting the drug
>>
>>10898045
I do, just with out the al-khul
>>
>>10898044
Most druggies seemingly don't notice any contradiction between

>FU Big Pharma!
and
>Maaaan xanax baaaaaaaars bruh
>>
File: societal harm.gif (107 KB, 640x552)
107 KB
107 KB GIF
>>10898019

Notice how alcohol is above heroin?
However, I think fentanyl will be the new champ soon.

Notice how mushrooms and LSD are at the bottom?
>>
>>10898056
I don't take xanax
because I try to deal with my problems instead of ignoring them

I know lots of 'anti drug' people who take SSRIs and antidepressants because it's easier than actually getting exercise, eating well, going to counselling and fixing your life. Its a paradigm of laziness
>>
File: 1530389858546.jpg (48 KB, 600x532)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>normal person
>drinks a bit of alcohol
>has a slight buzz
>it wears off after a hour, with no trace left

>DUDE WEED LMAO SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY
>obnoxious cunt 24/7, won't shut up about weed
>stinks like a burnt rope
>permanent brain damage
>so toxic you can detect it forever in hair
>>
>>10897957
In some sense you're right, but nothing in your argument indicates *how much* carcinogens are in weed smoke. Also it's hard to translate between a substance containing chemicals that are considered carcinogens, and actually causing cancer.

There are potentially complicated interactions. A substance like weed has a ton of chemicals in it and it's possible that one of them is a carcinogen and yet some other chemical in weed counteracts the carcinogen.

To determine that weed causes cancer you have to go the hard way: do an experiment where you have a ton of people smoke weed and see how many of them get cancer. So far no such study has been done that links marijuana smoking to cancer.

But that could be just because the government is a bunch of faggots who won't let anyone research weed without a shitload of red tape
>>
>>10897957
That would be the logical assumption, but as of yet the only big study on the subject in 2006 turned up virtually no significant associations. Furthermore, it is theoretically less carcinogenic than tobacco due to the extremely harmful effects of nicotine, which cannabinoids do not share (and in fact may have beneficial effects).
>>
>>10898071
I just dislike how peole who smoke weed a bit sometimes are lumped in with the people who are fucking turbo baked 24/7
>>
>>10898065
>Its a paradigm of laziness

And marijuana isn't?
>>
>>10898071
Lasts 6 months or so in your hair iirc.
>>
>>10898082
Well, you were the pot calling the kettle black. Marijuana doesn't make people lazy, lazy people take it to chill out and forget about their responsibilities.
>>
>>10898076
yes research is required, but the answer is YES smoking causes cancer.

How do I know? Because the simple combustion products of things like cellulose are carcinogens.

The real question is what are the rates? Being alive is inherently dangerous.

>>10898078
Again i'm not saying weed = tobacco
it doesn't, there are many negative effects that tobacco has that weed just doesn't

but it does produce carcinogens, but so does grilling meat.
>>
>>10898071
>DUDE AL/CK/
>START ANOTHER THREAD DUDE
>WHERE DID ALL THE AL/CK/ THREADS GO
>FUCKING NAZI MODS KILLED OUR THREADS ABOUT ADDICTION IN A FORUM ABOUT FOOD
wow, alcoholics are totally normal.
>>
>>10898084
And alcoholic hepatitis lasts a lifetime. If your liver is damaged from drinking, you'll have to abstain for as long as you live.That's one of the reasons why alcoholics are some of the most annoying addicts, because any social event they attend immediately turns awkward the moment they start squirming and sweating at the sight of a drink.
>>
>>10898082
Sure, if you're stoned all the time

but you're generalizing to a stereotype

My roommate was that stereotype. He smoked ungodly amounts of weed.

I smoked reuglarly, and i still smoke occasionally now.

He spent all of his time playing video games

I spent my time in a lab working on my PhD (60+ hour work weeks)

now i'm an award winning postdoc and i still smoke weed regularly (just not constantly)

You don't have to be lazy when you smoke weed, that is still a choice. And if the drugs are interfering with your life too much, it is also your choice to stop.

Don't blame the drugs
>>
File: typical4chanuser.jpg (80 KB, 345x337)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>10898092
>wow, alcoholics are totally normal.
Please tell me how your addiction to 2D girls hasn't effected your life
>>
Once they tax weed so the government gets a cut of the profits that's when it will be legal. I give it 10 to 20 years for the government to legalize weed in all states. Alcohol is taxed so the government doesn't care if you down what's essentially gasoline. And some fag in the fda that's lactose intolerant doesn't want the sell of milk. I don't know. I don't care.
>>
>>10898108
>t. butthurt alcoholic making shit up about other people's hypothetical fictitious addictions to make me feel better
>>
>>10898007
>Because
California B&P 23403 was on the books years before medical marijuana was legalized in the state. There is no "because."
>>
>>10898082
>marijuana makes people lazy
No, the person is lazy already. Marijuana is just the excuse they use for their laziness
>>
>>10898182
this
>>
>>10898126
they already tax weed senpai
>>
>>10898182
also people who are lazy to begin with are more likely to enjoy the effects of marijuana. They are also more likely to have marijuana offered to them by some person whose logic is "dude you seem like a weed head because you're so lazy". in general people like drugs that amplify their own natural personalities.
>>
>>10898126
>>10898197
this anon is right. In fact the taxes are so high that the black market still exists in places where recreational weed is legal. The government manages to fuck everything up.
>>
>>10897957
>>10898076
>>10898078
>>10898090
The last serious study I read on this topic was that marijuana smokers showed a lower risk of lung/throat cancers mostly due to smoke volume. Occasional cigar/pipe tobacco smokers showed an even lower rate of lung/throat cancers than marijuana smokers. I don't recall if went into detail about all the additives in cigarettes, which, at the least, can't be helping things. But the abstract was something along the lines of there being a definite correlation between how much shit you smoke, and your cancer risk, no matter what the substance smoked was.
>>
>>10898213
in any case, I have never seen any evidence that other ways of ingesting cannabis (edibles, vaping) cause cancer.
>>
>>10898252
Yeah, I'd wager it's something similar to the mechanism of why blackened/burned meat is carcinogenic. It's probably the carbonized matter that's the issue, which you don't get from just eating a plant. I don't know much about vaping weed, but it looks like it avoids really burning the material too.
>>
>>10898096
if your liver is fucked you need burdock root
>>
>>10897852
Why would you want something a step below rubbing alcohol
>but dude weed tinctures
neck yourself
>>
>>10898393
It's a good culinary solvent.
>>
>>10898210
It's not even crazy. I paid 40$ for an 8th of premium flower in CO. That was tax included
>>
>>10898201
Dude weed doesnt amplify laziness unless that's the strain you want. I get baked and clean my place all the time. People are just lazy
>>
>>10897916
Who besides Shoenice downs a bottle of Everclear let alone in minutes? It’s a base for love juice at mixers
>>
>>10897852
idk but it should be bro
>>
>>10897873
yes
It was a mistake
>>
>>10898455
That's not bad at all, an eighth of mediocre shit here is $45
For some reason I assumed gummint weed would be $20 a gram or something stupid because of how much profit they can wring out of it.
>>
>>10898097
Weed makes you not bored. You can do whatever you need with that, which includes absolutely nothing. Lowers your productivity by like 10% though, depending on how high you get.
>>
>>10899606
Politicians out west have at least enough sense to know that taxing it too much will keep everyone to the black market. Although it seems California's newly enforced testing rules have been a boon to the black market. We'll have to see how much costs it per eighth if Massachusetts gets their retail operations up and running. Their politicians have done an excellent job making sure they fuck up step along the way.
>>
>>10897852
so how much does this hurt to drink
>>
>>10899642
Slightly less than Drano. Trying to drink it straight is a mistake you'll usually only make once. The 150 proof is probably palatable but not the full strength stuff.
>>
>>10897852
Central valley rednecks. Trust me, I am one.
>>
>>10897852
is this stronger than moonshine?
>>
>>10898059
Is it per capita or fucking what
Bigger sample will bring more results and since there are tons of drunkards in UK then Iam shocked that alcohol does't just fucking dwarfs by tenfold other drugs on your list
>>
>>10898059
I'd try shrooms or LSD if they were easy to get. Half the people in the apartment complex sell pot.
>>
>>10897852
It's simple. If you're a dumbass and drink a gallon of milk you dont die, you just throw it back up. Same with weed, if you smoke like 5g in one sitting the only risk you're putting yourself at is blasting through your netflix playlist or falling asleep.

If you chug a bottle of that 90% Everclear though you ded or at least wishing you were ded by halfway through the bottle. Remember, we live in a world where people are retarded enough to eat Tide Pods. I have a coworker who said her first time drinking she chugged half a bottle of vodka in the first 5min because after 1 shot she "didn't feel drunk yet".
20min later she was fucking blind.
>>
>>10898044
>your'e forgetting that American society pushes seriously damaging and addictive prescription drugs as fix it all solutions despite their low efficacy all the fucking time.
fixed it for you
>>
>>10900332
they're easier to find than you think. for shrooms it just depends if someone grows in their place or what time of year it is if people forage. if you live in the US it's legal for you to order the spores online, so just order some and either buy or make a shroom growing kit to grow them in a cupboard somewhere.

LSD you either use the dark web, ask around and use a testing kit to make sure you're getting LSD or if you're in some countries you can get 1P-LSD, not technically LSD because it's not active until it reaches your stomach and turns into LSD, so legal to buy online in some places like the US.
>>
>>10897887
Nope it's 96%
>>
>>10898007
Their logic goes like this:
>drug B is way more harmful than drug A
>therefore using drug A makes me a healthy person
>>
>>10900364
These people don't deserve protection.

Remove child locks from doors and windows. Let the fuckers fall. Take off the safety caps for mouthwash and vitamins. Let the people at the zoo stick their arms into the lion den. Let natural selection do its thing.
>>
>>10897852
When/how long has this been illegal? A couple years ago when I was staying with a friend, we would drink Everclear & shine every now and then. Never asked where he got his stash, I figured he just bought it like normal.
>>
>>10900581
California Business & Professions code 23403, which disallows selling alcoholic beverages stronger than 60% alcohol has been on the books since the late 80s, at least. I think there's been increased enforcement in the past few years, however.
>>
>>10898045
>Not waterboarding yourself and then chugging a gallon of water before bed
Look at this fuckin pansy
>>
>>10897873
one swig = 2 mins till fucked up
>>
>>10898472
Everclear is a retard killer. This shit is more myth than fact but the mythology is that it has killed a bunch of college kids who didn't know what they were drinking. Politicians are idiots and ban shit for feelies. It's not like anyone is missing out, this stuff is ass
>>
>>10898059
What the fuck is this x axis
Tobacco does 27 harms to you buddy
Why not try qat, which is above roids even though it only does 8 harms
>>
>>10897852
Pure grain shouldn't even be legal here lmao
>>
File: aXm9361xjU.jpg (60 KB, 650x650)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>10898092
al/ck/ was great. it's always fun talking to other gutter tier degenerates outside of faggy ass reddit or actual AA meetings.

clean and sober two months and haven't murdered anyone yet! yay
>>
>>10897873
I had a fucked up loser druggie friend who would take a couple shots of it before he went to work ( at Sonic).
>>
>>10903869
I think harms is British for hospital trips

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.