[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went wrong?
>>
>>145443292
1960s Tom and Jerry Designs with 2000s Family Guy dialogue.
>>
>>145443292
>YouTuber lacking any sort of artistic talent or original ideas pays to get a cartoon made
Hard to say.
>>
>>145443292
It was a concept okay enough for a 5 minute short that went on for 17 minutes too long.
The plot was too aimless to be stretched that long and the lack of particularly decent jokes and unmemorable characters compounded it.

I don't have /co/'s autistic hatred of the dude, it in reality ISN'T the worst thing ever, but Mark either needed to rewrite the script to give it a more typical story structure to have people engaged or cut the fat drastically and aim for 11 minutes.
>>
this show is not even worth shitposting about, that's how bad it is.
>>
>>145443416
I have no idea why it's so long. Five mins is plenty for an intro. Plympton's three rules for successful shorts: keep it under five minutes, keep in cheap, keep it funny.
>>
>>145443292
Why would someone waste time of their life to make something this generic? I don't get it
>>
>>145443598
autism
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>145443292

This Shit is just Yogi Bear with Sex and Alchohol. John K Did that shit 20 years ago. Literally nothing is new or good here.
>>
>>145443598
LS Mark has the type of autism that makes you unable to question why do you like things
It's a common issue that people see in his videos, he has very bland autistic millenialtaste: Sonic, Family Guy, Fairly Odd parents, Five Nights at Friends, South Park, Diary of a Wimpy Kid... But he only seems to foccus on the most mundane stuff of such franchises, he even gets stuff like FNAF and South Park and digests it as "comfort food" totally discarding the dark stuff out of it. He cares about Family Guy and FOP characters like they are characters worth of analysis and archs instead of vehicles for jokes and parodies, even in his taste for Sonic he seems to like the brand more than what actually happens in the games. He is not into adventure or action, but he is also not much into comedy either actually, the best way to put it is that he likes shit to be dialogue based and grounded, but not grounded enough to the point where a actual functional adult would enjoy it. He would pick a full hamburger with cheese and bacon and only eat the bread
>>
>>145443292
I really like the art for this and figured /co/ was just being cranks like usual, but I finally watched it last night and yeah it was bad. All the dialogue and jokes had too much air between them, like they needed to stretch it to 20 mins. I still liked the animation itself
>>
Nothing went wrong, it's passable at best. Still, the masterminds behind it could use a few pointers.
>>
it was kinda boring and i hated the character design but it was ok i guess,
>>
File: download.png (476 KB, 1306x703)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>>145443292
>another mark thread
i'll ignore calling out your template post because i want to say how much i hate mark's faggy editor but no one ever shits on him. the guy fucking sucks every time i watch mark's longer videos and he clearly half-asses things or goes against what mark wanted him to do. it's your fucking job.
>>
>>145444705
This is a pretty good way to put it. I also think a good analogy for LS Mark's taste is being the type of person who hates sauces and condiments. Just wants the plain chicken tendies with no frills or spice.

Having ultra-normie tastes and being autistic about it is kind of hilarious. But mostly, I think LS Mark has nothing interesting at all to say about art - wither it's what he is analyzing or what he is making. He's just creatively-void, it's like watching static on a tv.

Here's a funnier animal-themed indie animation that's only 8 minutes and has much better pacing and dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVAWbg4kns
>>
>>145444705
>He would pick a full hamburger with cheese and bacon and only eat the bread
Hahaha definitely not LSMark.
>>
>>145443292
The two leads have pretty cruddy chemistry but I like the mouse, from his design, voice, and personality. He really just needed a more likable costar.

What animal is the guy on the left?
>>
>>145443292
a Tom & Jerry ripoff in the style of Fairly Oddparents is the best you could come up with?
>>
>>145443292
>30$ for carrying clothe
>>
>>145447793
He's supposed to be a cat.
>>
>>145443292
why would a wolf hangs with a mouse. odd pairing
>>
>>145445694
Barry doomed every youtuber editor a decade ago, no one will ever ever be as good as him.
>>
>>145443292
>boring wannabe Cal arts designs
>Boring dialog
>Slow plot progression
You can tell this guy didn't go to film or art school. If he did he definitely cheated on tests and projects.
>>
>>145443292
Are views indicative of success?
>>
>>145443292
It's boring. It's just boring. It's long and nothing happens throughout the entire runtime that holds any interest.
>>
>>145443292
it was all over the place plotwise

did they know each other before? not even a quick exposition of them accidentally befriending or why the mouse was eager to be with the wolf.
the club should've been some new point of interest among students and not just something that simply exist and take for granted, maybe showing how the wolf does NOT get invited while the rest (except for the mouse) be the reason he doesn't want to go in the first place out of spite.
many jokes were missed like the constant money spent for every service offered or the size different with pairings (i swear the worm must've been added try hunor zach and get him to voice act which painfully was miscasted)
there was no consistency in styles, even gendy or seth as much as they add diverse casting they follow a consistent line of design so ot won't feel like you're watching something different
not sure what was the theme, premise or point of this show
lack of sfx for more comical effects
cheap cutting corner design choices such as real life cutouts of animals
oh and also zach being miscasted.

the show could've worked better if they were freshmen initiating their college life or be about prom night or some social event because who the fuck lets underage be alone at night around the streets? maybe all that was last minute changes to appeal a younger audience
>>
>>145448687
no
>>
>>145444705
>favorite things are all pretty much known to have very flat 2-dimensional characters
>tries to write a character-driven coming of age thing
Why did he even try this?
>>
>>145443416
>The plot was too aimless to be stretched that long and the lack of particularly decent jokes and unmemorable characters compounded it.
i think that perfectly nails it desu
>>
>>145448139
>Barry
who?
>>
>>145443292
>Ugly and boring Butch Hartman-esque character design
>Boring premise
>Boring plot
>Boring jokes
>Boring Setting
>Boring animation
>Boring visuals and presentation in general
>>
>>145443292
They're all middle schoolers instead of more free college setting characters that can go to more places..
Maybe too grounded i the real culprit, probably should have been something like Tiny Toon Adventures...or Ed Eddn' Eddy
>>
>>145448687
It is to people wanting a greenlit contract.
Hello, Netflix you're Greenlit.
>>
File: dissapointment and apathy.jpg (195 KB, 1445x1720)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>145450786
>TFW Mark's pilot gets greenlit while Punch Punch stays obscure
It's never been so fucking over
>>
>>145450786
Also think Aggretsuko started off as little flashshorts and it got a several season thing with Netflix? Also that egg guy.

Probably not as hard as one would think
Dont let your dreams just be dreams
>>
>>145443292
It's pacing and it's target audience.

It's pacing made it a chore to watch.
It lingers on things it feels it shouldn't and then glosses over and speeds through segments that were interesting or had more comedic potential
As for the target audience, who is this for exactly? It feels like it's playing it safe for a network that doesn't exist, but then remembers it's indie and tries to over compensate by sprinkling in some swears or using vulgarity.
The writing, characters and jokes have no foundation because of this.
>>
I think smiling friends might be the only YouTuber made show I actually enjoy
>>
>>145443292
This pilot seriously makes me question if marks ever been to a party.
>>
>>145450334
It's just Mark trying to hodgepodge all the cartoons he's ever seen into one all while not understanding what makes any of them interesting in the first place.
>>
You can tell people aren't completely into this because it's been a week and there's only like maybe 8 rule 34 drawings of these characters.
>>
>>145443416
>I don't have /co/'s autistic hatred of the dude
What did he do?
>>
>>145453285
LS is more of a symptom than part of the actual issue, lame and safe cartoon review channel obessed with Family Guy clones that conquered the mainstream by doing "i watched every _____ episode ever" videos that never had anything much interesting to say, became the center of a lot of drama related to covering the Butch Hartman controversies and the fact that his wife was apparently Newground's town bicycle but nothing of it was directly his fault. People just got tired of seeing him everywhere, he is like the Johnny Test of youtubers
>>
>>145443292
Why did this garbage get over 1 million views? Of all the "indie animation" pilots all over YouTube, of all the pilots that could have gotten successful, is this pedestrian, milquetoast shit really considered that interesting?
>>145443319
Those horrible 1960s Tom and Jerry cartoons were unironically better than this trash
>>
>>145444328
what the fuck are you talking about, what does this shit have to do with Yogi bear?
>>
>>145453963
Funnily I was a fan of him when he was a bit more niche and reviewed weirder shit like the fred movies and was less...marketable and more sincere
>>
>>145448687
indicative of success? yes. But if "indicative of quality" is what you meant, then no.
>>
>>145454894
>Why did this garbage get over 1 million views? Of all the "indie animation" pilots all over YouTube, of all the pilots that could have gotten successful, is this pedestrian, milquetoast shit really considered that interesting?
The guy who made it already has a fanbase of 600k subs. Guaranteed if this was on its own it wouldn't have gotten nearly as many.
>>
>>145450914
both should remain obscure
>>
>>145443292
it's a literal nothing burger, an AI could have come up with this
>>
a new mark thread yay! isn’t he so cute :3
>>
File: numbers.jpg (212 KB, 1311x546)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>145443292
I just want to know if the Monkey Wrench creator has been assblasted about the fact this pilot made 1M views in less than a week while his pilot took a year to hit the same number and hasn't peaked since.
>>
>>145455281
he should make a joke poking fun at that in the next episode. Better yet, he should have the characters go on a full on unhinged rant to the viewers at the beginning
>>
>>145455281
Didn't the show get better views on his main channel? I thought he removed them and reuploaded the show to it's own separate channel, so that could be why
>>
>>145443292
Catching Up? More like Throwing Up.
>>
File: trailer.jpg (27 KB, 328x256)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>145455528
Only episode 1 was ever on his main channel. He then deleted it and decided to put everything on the monkey wrench channel. Even then, the episode 3 trailer did worse on his main channel than it did on the second channel.
>>
God I wanna rape him so bad. I’d buy him a nice meal at a restaurant and let him buy a toy on the way back, then once we got home I’d lock the doors in our room, force him onto the bed, and molest him while he sobs uncontrollably and tries to push me off.

Anyways the pilot was okay. The shota mouse was hot
>>
>>145455193
>Write me an introductory plot to a story about an anthropomorphized cat and mouse character living in a city with other anthropomorphized animal characters who attend a middle school and must work together to overcome the hardships of an adolescent school life all while learning the true value of friendship

>In the bustling metropolis of Furrington, animals of all kinds walk upright, speak, and live side by side in a world not too different from our own. Among them are Max, a clever but somewhat cautious mouse, and Leo, a street-smart and adventurous cat. They both attend Wildwood Middle School, a place where all sorts of animals—from fierce predators to timid prey—must learn to coexist.
>Max and Leo, despite the age-old rivalry between their species, form an unlikely bond when they’re assigned as partners for a year-long school project. At first, their differences seem too great: Max is introverted and cautious, always thinking ten steps ahead, while Leo is impulsive, confident, and lives for the thrill of the moment. But as they face the challenges of middle school life—bullying, social cliques, tough teachers, and the pressures of fitting in—they discover that their strengths complement each other in unexpected ways.
>Alongside their diverse group of friends—a shy rabbit, a boastful squirrel, a gentle bear, and a wise-cracking parrot—Max and Leo learn that overcoming the hardships of adolescence isn’t about standing alone, but about leaning on others. They face schoolyard conflicts, navigate friendships, and slowly begin to understand that true strength lies not in size or speed, but in loyalty, understanding, and trust.
>As Max and Leo work through their differences and grow closer, they learn that friendship can bridge even the widest of gaps—and that together, they can face whatever challenges middle school throws their way.
>>
File: holup.gif (1.1 MB, 377x338)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB GIF
>>145455772
>>
mark bump before bed

cutest boy ever
>>
>>145448925
>cheap cutting corner design choices such as real life cutouts of animals
you mean that one split-second shot that was meant to be a joke?
>>
>>145452587
Supposedly some people were making fun of him on discord so he went to a club and replied saying "oh sorry I was out at a club with my WIFE!"
>>
>YouTube videos from fans
>Clay Being My Spirit Animal for 4 Minutes
>Rob Being My Favorite Character for 6 Minutes
online cartoon community has zero standards that they "identify" with this cookie cutter shit
>>
>>145456526
even the names for the characters are dull and boring. Legitimately what appeal does this thing have other than 'an e-celeb made it'
>>
File: 1667107058437.png (359 KB, 800x450)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>145456572
He couldn't have put any more than 4 seconds of thought into this fucking thing, I lost track of the amount of jokes where the punchline is either just awkward silence, or awkward silence followed by a character saying "...no". How will the other indie animators ever recover knowing that this mediocre laziness is blowing up while they're busting their asses and sitting in obscurity
>>
>>145456572
>even the names for the characters are dull and boring
Clay is a derogatory nickname given to him by middle school bullies. It's basically like being called Mob. Despite trying to be his friend, Rob doesn't know that yet and thinks its his real name. His mom just heard people call him that when bringing his lunch to school and he didn't tell her the truth.
>>
>>145454894
Everything on shitube gets 1 million views since 2019
>>
If LSMark didn't make this shit he would have made an entire review tearing it apart
>>
>>145456764
fuck i must have zoned out when the cartoon said all that shit, the video was that boring
>>
File: goodone.jpg (30 KB, 458x471)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>145456715
I just find it funny how Mark and other cartoon reviewers will call Family Guy lazy but then put out stuff like this. Family Guy will at least get me to chuckle occasionally, I didn't even smirk once during this thing
>>
better pilot coming through https://youtu.be/gFix3dxRl0I
>>
File: up-duckman.jpg (30 KB, 460x328)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>145456936
>>145456715
This is what I have been saying. The pilot is bland as fuck. If anything, it's below mediocre. I know a pilot is the beta version of a show, but isn't the overall goal of a pilot is to grab the viewers attention and showcase its potential? Whether it's the humor, the style, characters, or all the above? If Mark were to pitch this to an executive I doubt it would make it pass the two minute mark honestly.
>>
>>145456982
Fuck. This is giving me so many Crashbox vibes. I can dig it.
>>
>>145443292
What kind of hat is the mouse kid supposed to be wearing? A bowler?

It looks so out of place in a modern setting.
>>
File: FY3FD7DXEAMvapy.jpg (166 KB, 1170x1077)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>145443292
The writing is so fucking bad it's unbelievable, there's like two barely passable jokes in the entire thing and it all feels entirely pointless, there's no conflict or resolution just "this happens and then this happens and then this happens"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGUNqq3jVLg
With the exception of some completely out of place adult jokes the whole thing feels like it's meant for little kids but saying even that is an insult to the writing in shows like SpongeBob and Gumball which absolutely decimates this
>>145453245
The character designs are a mixed bag and the inconsistent line weight really annoys me, but still would fuck the cat girls
>>
Doesn’t know what it wants to be. It looks too childish for any adult but the dialogue isn’t for kids. You can tell when Mark realized he made a kids show so he had the rat say bitch
>>
File: europevsus.png (386 KB, 607x421)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>145446295
Not the best analogy. Anyone has a more recent picture?
>>
>>145455261
By gosh he's fat. I'll update the picture.
>>
>>145443292
I skimmed through it and it honestly looked super boring. Like one of those shows you'd change the channel away from if it was on even if there was nothing else of note to watch.
>>
>>145456936
I like Family Guy but I'm not here to defend it, I know is just comedy and the episodes from the earlier season do make me laugh.
>>
>>145457378
Yeah ok
>>
>>145444705
I think this perfectly describes the bizarre taste he has.
>>
>>145445694
simplydad being a faggot is nothing new
>>
>>145455261
Oh say can you see

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.