[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

What are some uses for air conditioner juice?
>>
>>1424456

I make birds out of mine.
>>
>>1424460

I think he means water.
>>
>>1424461

Yeah, I know.

birds. what I make out of AC water.
>>
>>1424456
water your plants with it like everyone else does
>>
>>1424465

do you put it in a bucket.
>>
>>1424468
nah I just drilled some holes in a plastic pipe and let it run off into the flower bed
>>
>>1424469

the pipe is like straight in or sideways.
>>
>>1424469
>the flower bed

I wish I had one of those.
>>
/diy/ - a place for water and water enthusiasm.
>>
>>1424471
just run it lengthwise through the bed, and leave a hole big enough for overflow if it needs it
>>
>>1424476

thank you for the reply.
>>
OP, I got tho "storage container" thing that is pretty common, comes with a lid. Anyways I use it to compost, eggshells and coffee grounds and junk mail. Theres a healthy earthworm population in it too (I fish). So I dont leave it underneath the A/C permanently, just for a few days at a time. This march I threw a handful of Kale seeds into I to see if the soil was fertile, it was. Good ass kale too, great with my omelets.

A moveable large compost bin / flower container is a good use.
>>
>>1424493
>(I fish).

Oh great. In the midst of a long winded post about how cool you are, you have to make sure that we all know that you intentionally kill stuff.
>>
>>1424496
he aint braggin and fishing isnt bad you fuckin tree fucker
>>
>>1424510

he kills fish
>>
>>1424516
Is this millennial humor? Had a tuna samich for lunch btw
>>
>>1424516
It's OK to eat fish because fish don't have feelings :^)
>>
You can either bottle it and use it as eyedrop fluid, or use it right as it drips out of the pipe/soaked rotten drywall.

Also makes good pee hole lubricant. Just hold your pee hole open and let it drip right in.
>>
File: ayy.png (451 KB, 610x430)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>1424456
>Collect in spray bottle and spritz on fins
Super efficient A/C
>>
>>1424456
route it back to the condenser coil pan so it evaporates it and keeps your condensing temp low
>>
>>1424496
C&R jeezy. Unless it’s invasive, then you kill it and do a service to Mother Nature.

>>1424549
This is true. It’s basically like swatting a fly.
>>
Reminder that the water coming out of the AC has heavy metals leached in it and should not be used to water plants which you'll eat.
>>
>>1424610
Your never gonna build a lithium immunity with that attitude anon.
>>
>>1424620
kek
>>
>>1424610
>heavy metals
>>1424620
>lithium
>>
>>1424610
Will a water filter remove the metal?
>>
>>1424456
I rub it all over my body
>>
>>1424456
Legionella culture
>>
>>1424456
Drink
>>
>>1424661
Haha! I understand the joke!
>>
>>1424549

Anything that don't blink ain't got no soul.
>>
>>1424632
Yeaaaahhh dude.
>>
>>1424456
>What are some uses for air conditioner juice?
breed legionnaire's disease for fun and profit
>>
>>1424456
That's just distilled water right?
Use it to wash electronics because it won't leave mineral remains.
>>
>>1424493
Damm, makes me wish I had a side-draft!
In other news, I gotta tankless installed recently cause the control board on the previous sub-six year old wh gave up the ghost and the shitstain manufacturer played all stoopid like "we nah honna woewantee." Opted to keep that pile of metal and finally turned it into a composting tumbler. Woohoo, thrice the capacity of the store-bought pos plastic one had before it. Was thinking waste oil burner for the shop, but cold where I live only lasts about three months or so.
>>1424496
>you have to make sure that we all know that you intentionally kill stuff
stfu princess, men are talking
>>
>>1425407
In a sense it's distilled water but the condensation coils of air conditioners are usually disgusting and nobody ever cleans them.
>>
>>1424456
Watering plants and if its clean of debris and rust, collect it in a bucket and use like a 1 watt pump and spray nozzle to mist the coils. A wet condenser like that will cool more. My 5000 btu drops about 70 watts when wet.
>>
>>1424456
If it's on the second story, there's actually enough potential energy with the gravity to power a 6.5w hydropower generator that you can use to go fuck yourself.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.