[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Negro science man makes gasoline from garbage. Next best thing sense Mr. Fusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z9j5qoMkzc
>>
>>2755554
>clamping the flask instead of the joint
Absolutely subhuman
>>
>>2755554
I love the crackhead lab setup for literal hydrocarbon cracking

>gallon and a half
>3000-4000 liters

Well, good thing he's sticking to chemistry, because math isn't a brothers strong suit.
>>
>>2755554
Sick. Hope he took all the PVC and styrene out first
>>
>>2755996
He's American, dealing with lab gear. You espekt him to know the difference between ml and liters?
>>
>>2755554
Ayer sheieeet nigga, I need more smoke detectas for the radioactive bullshit in dem for my atom splittin
>>
>>2755602
You'd think he'd be used to grabbing the joint.
>>
>>2756097

Not surprising, you're not even good at being racist.
>>
>>2755554
there are like 50 other people doing the same thing in the recommendations i'm guessing this is as potent as making electricity from potatoes
>>
>>2756121
In terms of net energy gain? Yeah you're probably right. However, let's see you optimize a backyard chemistry set up. I'm a chemist and I couldn't build something even half as effective as he did.
>>2755554
My guess with him only getting diesel and kerosene (maybe some lighter paraffin wax as well) is due to limitations on the pyrolysis step he did earlier. The gasoline range of volatility is going to be a lot harder target then syngas on one side, and diesel/kerosene/paraffin on the other.
>>
>>2756118
He's just speaking African-American English-- a very real and valid dialect.

According to smart people with lots of college degrees, it is proper and grammatically correct to say "SHEEEIIIIITT NIGGA, I finna pop a cap in yo ass, whiteboy." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_English

Please take your linguistic imperialism to another website. 4chan is and has always been a place where tolerant and diverse people of all colors are welcome to express themselves respectfully.
>>
>Common man il suck yo dick
>>
>>2756018
hopefully he doesnt use PVC at all, adding chlorine to heated hydro carbons causes all sort of bad things.
>>
>>2756092
East african face. Kenyan or ethiopian
>>
>>2756125
>I'm a chemist and I couldn't build something even half as effective as he did.
This is more a mix of engineering and chemistry.
>>
reminds me of the janky cracking setups they have in Syria
>>
File: soience.png (3.14 MB, 2460x1080)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>2755554
BUILT FOR
>>
>>2756097
fatass
>>
>>2755554
nice to breath those fumes, uh?
>>
>>2756703
oh man these women
>>
why aren't garbage stations doing this already then
>>
>>2756439
wonder what a guy from chad looks like
>>
>>2756797
They are overseas. Japan has been doing microwave pyrolysis sense the 90's at large scales. Germany sends most of it's waste plastic to pyrolysis plants. Sweden just burns it's waste in a clean way where the exhaust is scrubbed, they buy containers full of unwanted cloths, often unsold inventory that the manufacturers cant sell at the price they want and don't want to flood secondary markets with so Sweden just burns it up for electricity.

At the scale this negroid is doing he likely spends as much on electricity as the fuel is worth, at larger scales the heat is free as it comes from burning the lighter gasses.

Also note, this is a much better way to make fuel from biomass than fermentation to make ethanol, and works on far more than simple starches and sugars.

In short, US does not like this because it is contrary to the interests of big oil and they have a big sway on politicians.
>>
>>2756853
i think i looked into it long time ago thought it needed very high temps to be useful like plasma
>>
>>2756856
Plasma pyrolysis is a thing, not all pyrolysis needs temps anywhere near that high.
>>
>>2756125
>I'm a chemist and I couldn't build something even half as effective as he did.

You need to give your degree back to whatever crack head lab issues it.
Cracking is so fucking rudimentary at scale you use the gaseous byproduct to heat the reaction vessel and burn off the excess. It's also a literal cancer factory.
>>
>>2756967
^This.

This too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMNIoZGlWc

Of course it's shit but they can't be choosy.
>>
>>2756881
yeah but plasma is the one that doesn't produce it's own waste much and deals with impurities well so i heard
>>
pretty neato desu
>>
>>2756774
I CAIN BRAEV
>>
File: 1704250465287867.png (202 KB, 799x813)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
I wonder if his municipality knows what he's up to.

Imagine using wifi around this guy blasting 6 magnetrons into your airwaves.
>>
>>2756981
>If we can produce this quality consistently
why not ship all the plastic waste from EU to aleppo and buy back the gasoline?
>>
File: 68756754676576587.jpg (91 KB, 625x355)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2756682
incredible they get usable fuel from this. really reminds you how low tech the beginnings were
>>
>>2759589
thank to these brave ppl putting the dinosour juice back into the earth,
>>
>>2759589
Reminds me of a few episodes of FTWD.
>>
>>2759589
Check Zachlife on Youtube for cool vintage oil field daily operation which is how this has been done since the earliest days. It's all useful DIY info too.
>>
>>2755554
Remember when this faggot started a fire, burnt all of his equipment, almost burnt his mommy's house down, and for the last year hasn't done anything other than try to sell merch and do interviews?

The reason you threads did well on here is because we were waiting for you to get electrocuted or for you to burn your house down.
Since it already happened, and you are so mentally shook you can't work anymore, why are you even here? To post year old videos?
>>
>>2761712
>Dude's taking on whole ass projects every month while running a company
Man, how do some people have that much energy and ambition? I work a 9-5 (barely, I skate off a lot) work on this shit property I live on (cut wood for heat, fix backhoe, etc), do errands, and I'm fucking wiped out.
I spend hours sitting on the sofa just spaced out. Maybe something is wrong with me.
>>
File: p96GwMz.png (254 KB, 1148x954)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>2761740

Suck it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYdCBkUoWAs
>>
>>2761907
Lol no
>>
>>2756549
True, and making a reliable setup using microwaves without kicking out half your yield into black smoke like shown in >>2759589 is a totally different beast.
>>2756967
>>2756981
In that case, they're cooking garbage in a crucible; he's cooking it in a microwave, and keeping it enclosed. To a layman, those may seem like the same thing, but I assure you, they create completely different engineering problems.
>>
>>2761907
wait is he using magnetrons for heating this shit?
not sure how good there are at heating plastic, since they are tuned on the frquency to really heat up water. (thats why they cook your eyeballs within secounds.)
>>
>>2761742
must be normie interaction leeching your energy the sublimated demoralization in everyday life
maybe you should do something other than a 9-5
>>
>>2761742
In all seriousness, you lack a purpose or goal.
>>
Reminds me of a video I saw where African pirates stole crude from a tanker and refined it in the jungle with some steel drums and a wood fire.
>>
>>2756107
Carlos!
>>
>>2756092
I "espekt" you to know how to spell, or in the very least use spell check before you talk shit about about someone else. Moronic fuck.
>>
>>2755554
https://youtu.be/izn7-FrlmhI?t=1385
>>
He could use a zeolite of type H-ZSM 5 (25) as catalyst to achieve gasification at lower temperatures. Saves energy and money
>>
>>2771378
>ZSM-5 is a zeolite that can be synthesized using various methods. One common method involves combining an aqueous solution of silica, sodium aluminate, sodium hydroxide, and tetrapropylammonium bromide in appropriate ratios1. Another method involves adding tetraethyl orthosilicate (TEOS) into the NaOH aqueous solution and stirring overnight at ambient temperature for the hydrogenolysis of TEOS2.
Seems pretty easy to make. It'd be cool to see more zeo's in amateur chem.
>>
>>2771390
Alternatively, buy them but they are fucking expensive.
>>
>>2771378
>Saves energy and money
It wont save enough energy or money.
Pyrolysis will always cost substantially more energy than it makes.
If ExxonMobil cant make it happen nobody will (spoiler alert, they havent been able to with all their attempts in the last 40 years)
>>
>>2771427
Yes, Thermodynamics can be a bitch
>>
>>2755602
>>2756092
What are good tutorials on handling chemistry gear
>>
>>2756141
Dunno if its a joke but the last thing I expect someone to be here is respectful, and I love it. props to the science negro man. The Idea comes first, then its execution and implementation. I dropped a like.
>>
>>2774306
I was posting with tongue in cheek, and if that's not obvious to you, then it's because the HIV and 26 vax boosters have affected your brain. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>2761742
> I spend hours sitting on the sofa just spaced out. Maybe something is wrong with me.

Some people can work non stop as long as they are awake. I could work like that when younger maybe, but not for a long time now. Some people can’t stop working. I get something I call ‘decision fatigue’. Where I spend all day at work making decisions, and my brain just isn’t useful for other tasks afterwards.
>>
>>2755554
>not using Fischer-Tropsch process to build hydrocarbons from cracked CO2 and water

Pathetic. So many people fail to appreciate that uranium is 30 million times more energy dense than coal. Easily make transportation fuels making fossil obsolete for energy production.
>>
>>2774912
Do you really think no one understands that? I’ve got a nuke power plant 100mi from house.
>>
>>2774914
If nuclear energy were not as over-regulated as it is today, there would be no way even natural gas could compete with electricity production

This amount of cheap energy would make fuel synthesis from inert reagents a reality.
>>
>>2773279
they're usually on textbooks and laboratory manuals
>>
>>2769873
>getting mad unironically at someone using ebonics
Okay.
>>
>guy does a cool diy thing
>endless seething because he's black
>>
>>2775177
go back to redddit, sweetie
>>
>>2755554
How many White people do you think called the police on him?
>>
>>2769873
>I "espekt" you to know how to spell, or in the very least use spell check
Damn.
You almost got the joke.
>>
File: 1707569514925444.png (1.95 MB, 1090x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>2756703
>>
>>2775192
You first, tourista. This is a DIY board, not a race war.
>>
>>2756703
Built for skinny white hipster dudes.
>>
>>2775426
Racist website. Reddit is unironically more your speed if heckin racism offends you.
>>
>>2775430
Reddit is your speed if you think racism makes you heckin based and redpilled and expressing it on 4chan makes you cool or fit in rather than look like some kid trying too hard.
>>
>>2775343
kek
>>
>>2775177
OP asked for it.
NatureJab literally called himself a nigger in his original shill post last year.
His posts were well regarded until he almost burnt his house down, and his content became a bunch of tiktok clickbait.
>>
>>2775442
le acoustic and regarded post

EDIT: Thanks for the Gold!
>>
>>2775426
anything that you do yourself is diy.
If waging a race war is something that you're doing yourself, then it's >>>/diy
>>
>>2755602
You couldn't ghetto rig your way out of a paperbag and are also too weak to rip out of the bag either.
>>
>>2755554
KEK he doesn't even know what he's making
>inb4 he blows himself up and I see this on the news
>>
>>2755554
KEK liebig condenser mounting vertically and not connected to anything
>>
>>2756703
you just know
>>
File: ethanefactory.jpg (6 KB, 309x163)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I just found out you can make ethane gas using simple electrolysis. Why aren't more people using this? Ethane is easy to liquefy for storage and doesn't cause hydrogen embrittlement.
>>
>>2779851
>use electricity to make ethane
why not just use that electricity to charge a battery which is probably over 10x more efficient
>>
>>2755996
I think he meant mL, which would be easy to deduce if you didn't have autism. And 1 gallon is 3-4 liters.
>>
>>2779851
energy density. you are right to think that though. would depend on the slip rates on both from leaks and from idle loss.
>>
>>2756856
Plasma can be low temperature (<RT)
>>
>>2779851
Limiting factor/hidden cost is making the acetic acid to make the sodium acetate to electrolyze in the first place. But you’re on the right track; the answer is to make methanol instead, using CO2 from water/air and hydrogen from electrolysis of water.
>>
>>2784308
Propane and natural gas appliances don't burn methanol. You guys are completely missing the point. This lets you make fuel for things that people already have.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.