[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can anyone tell if picrel is concrete/asbestos prefab construction? Or is it block on edge with some sort of concrete cladding with the pebbledash overtop?
Looking at buying this house and have been advised to stay away from prefab.
Don’t have any better pics right now. It was built in Ireland in the 60s if that helps.
>>
Going by the thickness of the walls, the window sill looks shallow af, I'd say its prefab. The main problem with prefab is that it is cold and damp as a witches tit since there is no insulation. As for asbestos I don't think it was used in prefab concrete slabs back in the day but if you're unsure call up an inspector to take samples before you pull the trigger since it would be a nightmare to renovate if there is asbestos in the walls.
>>
>>2781371
My thoughts exactly, thank you anon.
>>
>>2781196
If Ireland is anything like the UK it's not asbestos. There's never asbestos. There might be asbestos, in fact it's highly likely there is asbestos. But if anyone asks, there's no asbestos.
Good fucking luck to you if you're dumb enough to have asbestos tested.
>>
>>2781371
>renovate if there is asbestos in the walls.
pretty sure asbestos discontinuation predates manufactured housing, but to be fair I can't tell shit from the pic. regardless abestos is only a problem if you're fucking with it - as long as it's sealed, painted, you're not demoing then it's fucking moot if it's asbestos or not.
>>
>>2784788
>pretty sure asbestos discontinuation predates manufactured housing
>>
>>2784788
From the state of the outside that place probably needs a lot of work to get it in order, god only knows what the electrics look like.
>>
>>2781196
>Looking at buying this house and have been advised to stay away from prefab.
Yeah, I wouldn't. Most were only built to last 60-70 years and many mortgage lenders won't touch them so they're a pain to sell.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.