[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

In Australia, electrical standards are very expensive, outsourced to a multinational called SAI Global. Here are the latest editions of some of the most important ones, including some not currently available on Libgen or Anna's Archive (I am in the process of uploading them there).

Included here:
AS/NZS 3000 (incl A1-3)
AS/NZS 3008 (Cable selection)
AS/NZS 3012 (Construction)
AS/NZS 3017 (Verification)
AS/NZS 3760 (RCD testing)
AS/NZS 4836 (Safe working practices)
AS/NZS 4777.1 and .2 (Inverters)
AS/NZS 5033 (Solar)
AS/NZS 5139 (Batteries)
Victorian Service and Installation Rules
Victorian Electrical General Regulations

https://mega.nz/file/rgoyiaoZ#MGtd3C9DwHoQzLnlblfGE_UV9Bm5ZubEI2GMCc9EeRM
>>
Thanks mate it's fucked how much they charge for them.
You don't have 3003 as well do you?
>>
>>2804421
your a good cunt
>>
>>2804463
Fuckin legend, I was trying to get these a month ago because I'm sick of finding fucked up electrical work on site done by plumbers and associated fuckwits.

Last week we found a 240 wired around the fuse box, a section where some fucktard had tried to use an extension cord inside a wall because he didn't know how to install a power point, and a 240 buried two inches under pavers
>>
>>2804461
https://mega.nz/file/O8RXlbJZ#p7pVnD7YJtZu4LwsR6P46gpkxFA1Dj5xIhza5gy6XKY
>>
>>2804421
Dead set fuckin legend mate
>>
File: 1711769066951606.jpg (44 KB, 400x524)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2804421
>(I am in the process of uploading them there)
Doing gods work. Pay walling the fucking law is about the most bullshit thing I can think of.
>>
>>2804762
It’s almost like your tax money already paid for them.
>>
>in Australia tradies have to pay an electrician to test their power tools and make sure they are safe so an inspector doesn't fine them
>They have to do this once a year and it can cost up to $500

Why do you guys let electricians and the government cuck you so bad?
>>
File: 1714153868833420.jpg (105 KB, 736x774)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>2804888
No second amendment equivalent. OZ just going to keep taking it up the ass till the end of time.
>>
top man. I've been trying to find AS/NZS 2918 for about a month but gave up and just guessed from scraps of information for fireplace installation manuals. its insane we have to pay for this
>>
File: 111.jpg (138 KB, 1156x914)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Seems legit.
>>
>>2805123
The 2nd Amendment doesn't stop the Seppos taking it up the arse constantly either, champ.
>>
File: VDE.png (548 KB, 485x577)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>2804421
in germany you can go to a few universitys they have a PC in the libary where you can look into VDE (electrcal) and DIN (industrial) standarts for free.
you can only do this localy in the building and aare allowed to make hand written coppies of it.
>>
>>2806152
> hand written copies
Pretty sure i’m going to take video of me flipping through it and OCRing the stills.
>>
"wiring rules" is in quotes because they acknowledge that nobody actually follows them.
>>
>>2806268
a little interesting note:
here in Germany the VDE code is not a Law.
The actual law just says things like "you need to follow the state of the art way of wiring"

the easy thing is now to just follow the code and call it a day. because Code = made by 100s engineers = state of the art.

but you don't have to, as long as its a save installation no inspector could come over and fail the house or smth like you Americans always complain. in fact no inspector will come to residential houses.
on a commercial job site the contract will probably say "has to follow VDE" and they will hire their own in surveyor.

the problems start if someone dies or starts a fire then you can now hire engineers that need to prove your insurance the way you installed something was equally good as the code and the fire would also have happened with the code.
if you just fucked up and made a installed something faulty code wouldn't helped you either
>>
>>2806538
like wire colors.
lets say you have a old cable with 3x black and 1 green/yellow. eg 3 phases and 1 COMBINED Earth/Neutral.
but you do not need 3 Phases so i would be comfortable to use 2 black as L1 and L2 and the 3 black as Neutral and the Green/yellow as earth. and a GFCI in fron of it.

This would be not to code because N has to be blue on the whole lengt. but it would be much much saver than having a combined Earth/Neutral and no GFCI.
>>
File: 1714012017803230.jpg (50 KB, 738x547)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2806540
Wouldn't using a wall mount GFCI at the end of the cable be safer than the cluster fuck you just described?
>>
>>2806605
Are they that shit where you are? In aus we just have socket enclosures that take a regular din rail unit, they basically last as long as anything else does.
>>
>>2806538
In America, the only time the inspector is going to come to the house to check your wiring is when the house is first being built. After that, nobody will look at anything. Perhaps potential buyers will, when you go to sell your home.
>>
>>2807197
we do not even have that here in germany.

if a house is newly build the only thing checked is the energy provider will require a form filled out by a licenced electrican then they come and put teir seal into the meter. they wont check anything if it does not look outright butched.
(to be licenced you need to prove you have bought the vde standards and subscribed them)
>>
>>2806152
None in my city :c
>>
>>2807357
yeah the distribution is weird, or better the distribution of universities with electrical/mechanical studies.

i didn't think Bavaria is that poor compared to the south. and only Saxony is the only east German state with lots of universities.
>>
>>2807478
I'm in Freiburg. So every major city around us has it.
>>
>>2804421
Regs should be free
>>
>>2809567
But if they made regs free then barry the boomer won't burn his house down illegally installing farry lights around his pool, then we couldn't use him as an excuse to require idiotic repairs and fines to home owners for shit the last sparky fucked up.
>>
>>2804421
Any chance of the switchboard standards?
>>
If a public government entity has an Act or Legal Code that states that 'such-and-such external document is the enforced Code,' then that Code cannot be behind a paywall.

For the allemandebro, the BRDDR electrical standards were not directly incorporated into the Legal regulations, like for the States. The States system kinda screwed-up; everyone copied it into every city/county/state Code, and because of those court rulings, the NEC cannot be behind a paywall.

I'm sure libgen has copies, in any case.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.