[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9596.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1280)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
I have the supplies in my apartment. Most guides I’ve reviewed seem to imply there is no way around trial and error. Please share useful tips and tricks.
>>
My grandfather passed this invaluable advice on to me before he died in a kiln explosion: "The screen is lowered down onto the printing board. Ink is added to the top end of the screen, and a squeegee is used to pull the ink along the full length of the screen. This presses the ink through the open areas of the stencil, imprinting the design on the product underneath."
>>
>>2811079
Wise words. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>2811074
The screen needs to sit just above the substrate (material being printed) so it "snaps" off as you pull the squeegee. Not a lot, "just enough".

Anyway, have fun. I was a screen printer for 10 years but that was 30+ years ago.
>>
Could use some useful tips and tricks...
>>
wear gloves
>>
>>2811260
True for hard substrates but that kind of "off contact" setup isn't necessary or even helpful when printing textiles.
>>
>>2811893
bullshit.

Snap off is absolutely required to get a clean edge even with textiles.

>have literally drawn a squeegee across hundreds of thousands of shirts, hats, jackets, etc.. in a commercial environment.
>>
>>2812252
>>have literally drawn a squeegee across hundreds of thousands of shirts, hats, jackets, etc.. in a commercial environment.

So have lots of mouthbreathing retards who have no fucking clue what they don't know

Garment printing is to technically demanding quality screenprinting what blowing contractor grade paint straight out of a five gallon bucket in tract houses with an airless sprayer is to finishing a top of the line concert grand piano.
>>
ITT people who have been to prison give advice to clueless white boy.
>>
>>2811074
Whatever you do, don't buy the shitty blue vevor press.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.