[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: loafing_shed.png (2.9 MB, 1880x1020)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
To build pic-related, do you just toe-nail the vertical supports in? seems like it would need more strength. I have to build on runners instead of sinking posts in the ground.

is it worth it to add some metal joining plates or mending plates to make it stronger?

i can't find a good step by step. thanks.
>>
>>2811379
I would. Seems like a few extra bucks for the peace of mind is worth it.
>>
>>2811379
Why did you not choose to use those concrete leveling squares to elevate the shed a bit and not expose the wood to excess ground moisture?
>>
>>2811379
brick it up so it's off the ground
>>
>>2811379
The front/center post in your image is really just to keep the roof from sagging. The gussets you're describing would prevent side-to-side racking, but that function is really performed by the wall panels -- OSB in north american homes, sheet metal in your image. As long as the wall panels are fastened to the framing with a tight enough spacing (i.e. every 12 inches or something), any side-to-side racking will be prevented by the walls, leaving your circled points with the sole job of up-and-down support. Toe nails will be fine.

Other anons are right that you ought to put the base on bricks or something, but i googled 'loafing shed' and none of the ones i've seen are on any kind of footing, looks like farmers just plop them in a field and it's likely easy to replace the lower boards when they get nasty.

In the shed in pic related, I really think the corner gussets are more decorative than anything, but I don't think there's a downside to adding them. I do know that livestock can be fucking retarded so maybe additional strength for weird loading is warranted.
>>
>>2811379
If you're really concerned: https://www.amazon.com/4x4-Simpson-Connector/s?k=4x4+Simpson+Connector
>>
>>2811428
I only came to this thread to post this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.