[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is this an effay accessory to EDC on the reg?
>>
No, it's fucking autistic. And I don't mean 4chan autistic like "I think it's stupid", I mean if I see someone pull out a separate device whose functions are built into something everyone carries around anyway, I will assume they're actually on the spectrum.
>>
Cringe
>>
>>13751104
So, cameras are also indicative of autism?
>>
>>13751149
Different anon but don’t pretend you don’t see the difference

The calculator that OP included is less sophisticated than the ones included in people’s smart phones. Cameras on the other hand tend to have better quality when compared to most phone cameras. A better example would have been using a TI-84
>>
>>13751149
i hate disingenuous cunts like you. you're probably such a frustrating person to know and I assume everyone in your life considers interacting with you to be a form of suffering
>>
>>13751162
> falling for le epic troll post
>>
>>13751032
5 5 3 7 8 0 0 8
>>
>>13751104
Using spotify on your phone instead of an mp3 player is dumb mate
And an mp3 player is smaller and lighter than a portable charger
>>
>>13751179
I'll bite.
You're creating a false dichotomy. You can put audio files on your phone like you would an mp3, and play them with an on board player. And you really don't need a separate charger. Non-shitbox phones have no problem lasting a full day out, unless you're playing fortnite or something equally retarded on your commutes.
>>
>>13751190
my ipod has a high capacity cf card in it and a legendary dac. it's meant specifically for playing audio (rockboxed too). it has physical buttons that make it easy to use without even looking at it. why the fuck would i use a phone?
>>
>>13751032
The fuck is the point of carrying a calc if it can only do arithmetic?
Get something that does symbolic calculus at least god damn
>>
>>13751215
This, four function calculators are useless as an EDC.
>>
>>13751179
>Using spotify on your phone instead of an mp3 player is dumb mate

you are so full of shit, can you not realise that they are talking about things where there is no difference in functionality/ability.

A calculator on a phone is almost exactly the same as a physical calculator.
A camera or an mp3 player are different in ability and quality of what a phone is capable of.

Also spotify has an enormous library of music and will take forever to even equal the hardware cost of the ipod alone. Don't pretend like you care so much about audio quality on your walk to the bus stop that you need a quality dac and headphones.
>>
>>13751149
Not that other guy, but fuck you anon. Are you so autistic that you think that the camera on an iPhone and an actual camera are in any way comparable? The point is that carrying an inferior version of something that you already have on say a phone is completely superfluous, vs having a good camera that is an upgrade from your phone's isn't. Only exception would be if the camera you carry around is shitter than your phone's, which is hard to do. You're either a retard or a smug prick, either way chug a dick.
>>
>>13751205
That's actually a good point lol
>>
>>13751215
do compact-ish symbolic calculators even exist? I'm not carrying a TI-89 anywhere outside of my schoolbag. My phone can do anything a calculator can do and more, but using a touchscreen is truly suffering
>>
>>13751437
Not the dismissive 'why the fuck would I use a phone' argument. There being a better quality alternative doesn't negate the quality of other options.

I dont always carry my camera so its nice to have a basic one in my phone. Likewise I dont always want to be carrying a camera, an ipod, etc...

>Using spotify on your phone instead of an mp3 player is dumb mate
is also unnecessarily antagonistic, doesn't explain what is wrong with using spotify, and given the level of elitism they can probably barely notice the difference provided by their 'legendary' dac
>>
>>13751513
>>I dont always carry my camera so its nice to have a basic one in my phone
a dedicated music player is much smaller than a camera and personally i use it a lot more

>>13751513
>doesn't explain what is wrong with using spotify
not owning your music, metrics being collected on you, not supporting artists, etc.

>given the level of elitism they can probably barely notice the difference provided by their 'legendary' dac
this doesn't even mean anything
>>
>>13751179
>an mp3 is smaller and lighter
Sure it is, but you’re implying you wouldnt carry your phone with you. Who doesnt carry their phone with them?
>>
>>13751513
Lol I think you responded to the wrong person faggot
>>
>>13751545
uh huh
>>
>>13751539
I acknowledge that a music player is better than spotify but the benefits arent significant enough for me to shell out the significant amount to get one when spotify is 6aud a month.

I mainly take issue with the 'using a phone is dumb' argument, it only works if you already have an mp3 player
>>
>>13751555
my ipod cost grand total of roughly $30. this is equivalent to about 3 months of a spotify subscription
>>
>>13751557
that's pretty good, when I've seen them they are like $100 minimum but it could be my area
>>
>>13751032
only if you need it for your work without the need to take out the cell phone every time. If you are a waiter or merchant, you can use it for accounts
>>
>>13751486
I use a Ti nspire CX CAS daily.
Way easier to use than a phone imo and it's reasonably slim and light compared to a 89
>>
only if you're unironically an engineer, though most would just drop ten bucks on a calculator app.

engineering is effay, engineers are autistic
>>
File: 81BwuUGy-3L._SY879_.jpg (76 KB, 479x879)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Ti calculators aren't effay. Get yourself an HP and enjoy the wonderful world of rpn input
>>
>>13751179
Don't have an mp3 player, but I do use my Xperia XZ1 to store my music. Thankfully it has expandable storage
>>
>>13751205
>legendary DAC
>audioretard detected

you can't hear a single difference on you FAG or WAVs, plus the S7 has an objectively better... everything. The legend is just that. So legendary, it doesn't exist.
>>
>>13751564
no it's not

>ipod
>new battery
>CF/SD adapter unless you get the mini
>low res color screen that can't be seen in the sun (unless you get mini, or older)
>needing old ipod connection

how can you be this retarded? The sansa clip zip is objectively superior in audio, size, weight, expandable storage and connector.
>>
>>13752472
>engineering is effay
>engineers are autistic

How can it be both?
>>
File: 1200px-HP48G.jpg (210 KB, 1200x1600)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>13751032
hp calculators are effay
>>
>>13751205
Lol get real. There's barely enough difference between listening on your phone and on your MP3 player to ever justify having two.
>>
>>13751190
Phone isnt loud enough, and if I'm out and about, I'll be using the battery for maps/strava/ect
>>
only if you're a maths nerd ya goon!
>>
>>13752473
>>13752617
This
>>
>>13752697
Heartily disagree. The size is a factor and so is the battery life. For general purpose it has no effect, but when you have a phablet (aka all phones now) to listen to anime soundtracks when you run for the first time in 3 years, you'd prefer a small mp3 player.
>>
>>13751179
Actually no, Spotify has every song and every artist I listen to without having to carry another device
>>
>>13751153
>>13751162
>>13751429
obvious samefag, lmao
>>
>>13752497
>The sansa clip zip is objectively superior in audio, size, weight, expandable storage and connector
my battery lost its capacity and the thing is pretty much a brick now. if anything breaks in the ipod i can replace it cheaply

>>13752697
i just listed multiple reasons you fucking faggot

>>13752483
>audioretard detected
stay mad
>>
>>13752954
>too retarded to swap battery in sansa clip, fell for the DAC meme

nice job, you bought an outdated piece of shit that is worse than another outdated piece of shit. stay mad people call you a retard for being retarded.
>>
>>13752966
need a soldering iron and a bunch of other bullshit for this. ipod looks cooler anyway
>>
edc fags are lame
>>
>>13752975
>/fa/ggot applefag too retarded to use a soldering iron, so retarded that he buys ipod instead of cheap soldering iron, because hes that retarded
>denies objective superior DAP, despite it being the 'reason' he got an iPod
>oh it looks better

your cope for your shitty ipod is showing. It sucked in 2008 and it sucks in 2018.
>>
>>13752999
>implying i'm an applefag
>implying i give a shit about soldering
it's an ipod mini (2004). they're way easier to maintenance and parts are available in abundance on ebay.
>>
>>13751032
Only if it's the Supreme collab.
>>
>>13753006
I had one but suggesting one now is retarded I got one for $10, swapped out the HDD for 16GB CF in 2008 ($50), a new chinese battery is about $7. 32gig now is 33ish. Wait until your molex connector dies.

Hell even a sansa clip is retarded at this point. They're way overpriced, and the jam isn't terrible but if you don't go to the gym there is 0 reason to use an mp3 player.
>>
File: TI-82_STATS1.jpg (3.7 MB, 1767x3787)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>13751032
>not TI
pseuds
>>
>>13753104
the cools kids use hps not tis
>>
>>13751032
Wha.... What is it?
>>
File: 20180622-DSCF0860.jpg (1.23 MB, 2000x1333)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>13751032
I carry one around.

(No bully please.)
>>
>>13751104
Stock calculator apps don’t tyoicsly have all the functions a scientific one would have, more so, one that do offer then may ask you to pay for said features.
>>
>>13753849
holy shit you lug around a lot of stuff. does that all fit in the bag pictured?
>>
>>13751149
DSLRs are higher quality though. You can get apps for your phone that can graph equations and do all kinds of shit a normal calculator (or even a TI-84) can't.
>>
>>13753849
So this is the power of autism...

Do you carry it all around at once? Please tell me you do.
>>
>>13752548
cuz the engineering attracts the most incel of people but engineering itself is cool. that's the distinction.
>>
>>13753849
nice as always you rich noodle head, but why are you always on edc thread and wtf is your job
>>
>>13753849
fancy spy core
>>
I use an iPod and an old Nokia because I’m a tight cunt and ripping cds to iTunes sounds better than Spotify
>>
>>13753849
>Homu and meguca
>Yaesu
>VP9T
As god intended
>>
>>13752473
Fucking this, HP 35s is god tier, anyone not using RPN does not know what they are missing out on.
>>
>>13754222
>her
>job

It's literally a girl using daddy's money to LARP as a Kingsmen.
>>
>>13753849
This pic gets zoomed out to more bullshit the more times I see it lmao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.