[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: p1.jpg (60 KB, 550x634)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Suits added in order to make this general a more inclusive, diverse space.

Previous: >>18099780

>FORUMS
www.forums.filmnoirbuff.com
askandyaboutclothes.com/viewforum.php?id=13
www.styleforum.net/forums/classic-menswear.5/forum
www.reddit.com/r/NavyBlazer
thecurriculum.net/forum

>READS/BOOKS/ALBUMS
https://pastebin.com/ZFgGqJ68

>Blogs: https://pastebin.com/ZjRtCQNQ
>Brands: https://pastebin.com/Sb54Bsri

Oldschool edition
>>
Hank hill ass
>>
>>18122586
Guys weren't cheeked up in the 60s
>>
>>18122576
lmao just let /tip/ die in peace
>>
>>18122576
before anyone gets the wrong idea, because i know people will:
no, i did not make this thread. Im not going to try interfere with or dilute the creation of /tip/ OPs just so i can fall under the threads umbrella and say that i'm technically not posting off-topic when i post my barely-/tip/ outfits, that would be silly

t. doug
>>
How often does Drake's do their archive sale thing?
>>
Are there any bands in particular in 80s Britain that were Sloane Ranger or at least popular with that set?
>>
>>18122788
He's your typical aristocrat
>>
>>18122576
Why do rich people act younger than their age?
are they riddled with adhd or what
>>
>>18122853
doesnt everyone yearn for eternal youth? isnt that the dream of men? yesteryear there was not much distinction in how children and adults dressed but culture changes sped up drastically and now theres a defined "young" and "mature" way to dress, and even the "young" way to dress becomes old fashioned as that generation gets older and new styles arrive and displace the old ones.
>>
I am going to school in MA this fall, all I hear about is the andover store...what other stores can i look into? \tip advice for dressing nice in the new england area.? is it a meme ?
>>
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1717820550/deadstock-1960s-striped-bleeding-madras

Not my size but these would be so sick.
>>
>>18122861
I've met rich 55 year old milfs that acted like trunk college students
>>
Anyone know where I can get a good quality suit for less than 1K?
>>
>>18122951
ebay. You can get some of the best suits in the world for about $500-$600, then pay a couple hundred for a good tailor to fit them to you. Might as well grab a Tom Ford or something if you're gonna spend a grand
>>
>>18122953
Never post here again
>>
Is there a name for those preppy canvas sneakers that brands like Sebago or Sperry sell?
>>
Doug rapes kids
Doug is neet, unemployed ,a failure
Doug is balding and will be fully bald before 'he' turns 30
>>
>>18122994
Seethe harder retailtard
>>
>>18122997
>Suits
>'retail'
Again, never post here again
>>
>>18123002
oh so you're not mad at the suggestion to buy on ebay, you're upset that /tip/ is a dead thread and OP included suits. Pretty sad anon
>>
>>18123011
You are embarrassing yourself at this point
>>
File: 1716188648097.jpg (207 KB, 1263x1227)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
can you be /tip/ if you don't golf?
>>
>>18122576
>>18122586
Niggas really dress like that just to get stabbed on the sidewalk in new york
>>
>>18122897
women being rich doesn't always mean they earned it
same for men now
in fact, everyone alive today, was basically handed everything they ever got in life (including their life itself)
>>
File: 1681913585367422.png (266 KB, 400x389)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>18123144
good thing i'm not a nigga then
nor am i a new yorker
>>
>>18122897
women never mature, its why society treats them the same way they'd treat children
Why do you think they get so much encouragement whenever they achieve a basic task like playing guitar or installing linux? And no, its not just guys wanting to fuck them
>>
>>18122734
Probably Jangle pop and British indie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLOXLEbIqM
>>
>>18122576
>& Suits General
fuck off lmao
>>
Where does a nice barn coat (navy or sage green with cord collar/cuffs) in the UK? I need to be able to try it on/return post not to be a rip off.
>>
File: smartapu.png (28 KB, 657x527)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>18123351
whats wrong?
>>
>>18123546
idk who doug is
i just made a thread because i saw there was no thread up
is it that big a deal to add suits? its tip adjacent
>>
>>18123546
based
>>18123580
huge faggot
>>
File: 1555118374125.jpg (39 KB, 657x635)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>18123588
not an argument
>>
Reminder /tips/ (Trad, Ivy, Prep & Suits general), is an inclusive, open space. Do not let the trolls derail this thread from its original purpose. They will not divide us.
>>
>>18122576
I didn't go to college, I have a blue collar job. Is it cringe to dress /tip(s)/ on the weekends?
>>
>>18123679
No, that's honestly more based than half the larpers here who dress to pretend they're blue collar
>>
>>18123606
Not it's not, get a job
>>
File: IMG20240505055620.jpg (1.52 MB, 3120x4160)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>18122576
Am I /tips/
What makes me not /tips/
>>
File: parka-avenue.png (960 KB, 500x790)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
>>18123774
In the rare case this isn't b8:
>Not clean shaven
>Coat doesn't have flap pockets, isn't a 3 roll 2, has darts, lapels are too skinny, the arms are too short, looks like it's made of a cheap material that isn't 100% wool, is a weird cobalt blue color and not navy.
>Shirt isn't solid or stripped, has cheap buttons, is a strange smattering of white and blue in some odd pattern that makes it incredibly casual,is too big for your neck, has collars that aren't long enough, is too long in the arms, looks like it's made of polyester.
>Tie has some odd geometric pattern and is too casual, isn't tied very well, looks like it's made of polyester.
>Belt looks thick as hell
Your trousers might be the only thing that aren't horrible in this picture but they're not very visible. Are they too long like most people have them? What kind of shoes are you wearing? You look like some Amish nigga that just stepped out on the town and went too a mall for the first time in their life. Why are your fists clenched?
>>
>>18123879
Thanks for the explanation I appreciate it. Let's say it was bait for my ego though
>>
>>18124554
please stop derailing the thread sir, this is a place for well-mannered adults to discuss trad, ivy and prep style (and suits in general), not for your petty autistic hateboners
>>
>>18123879
This is bait
>>
I want to get a pinstripe suit. The partner at the firm says its too soon, literally said I haven't earned my stripes.

Should I say fuck him and get it anyway?
>>
A contemplation that may appear tangential but carries profound resonance: the embodiment of grace, both sartorial and spiritual, through the lens of traditional Ivy League prep attire. While this discourse may seem to stray from our focal point, it offers a poignant reflection on the intersection of material elegance and divine grace. In the meticulous tailoring of blazers, the impeccable creases of chinos, and the timeless allure of boat shoes, we discern echoes of divine craftsmanship—a manifestation of the grace bestowed upon us by a higher power.

In embracing the refined simplicity of Ivy League prep, we not only elevate our outward appearance but also honor the grace of God that permeates every aspect of our existence. Through this lens, each garment becomes a vessel, not just of style, but of spiritual significance—a reminder of the inherent dignity and beauty imbued within us by our Creator.

Therefore, as we navigate the currents of discourse and fashion, let us not overlook the profound symbolism inherent in traditional Ivy League prep attire. For in its distinguished elegance, we find not only aesthetic refinement but also a profound reflection of the divine grace that guides and uplifts us on our journey through life.
>>
>>18124708
Very insightful. chatgpt.
>>
>>18122853
poor people mature quickly out of necessity, being rich from birth can leave you stunted in some ways. it goes without saying that being poor comes with its traumas too.
>>
Is it really worth it to go to a thirdie cunt to get a bespoke suit made
>>
>>18124892
You get what you pay for.
>>
File: IMG_20240520_090626023~2.jpg (1.07 MB, 2062x4635)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>18124892
Depends on where, there used to be excellent tailors in Hong Kong, Korea and a Vietnam that made great suits. Luxire is based in India and also does good work as long as you give them the right measurements.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (38 KB, 348x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
you guys weren't kidding, this thread really is dead
>>
>>18126512
i may have been helping keep it on life support with constant fits but my phone with a good camera broke, sad
>>
>>18126512
Well i wish i could read that image
>>
>bucket hat with madras
sick
>>
J Press has released some summer stuff and is 15% off online
Also they started shooting lookbooks like Drake's lel
>>
File: demmins.png (168 KB, 610x1000)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>18126586
fuck it, lets try this:

begone from this poor man, wretched demon. you will lay no claim to his mind nor soul. return to whence you came and interfere no further, in the name of the lord Jesus Christ. You will not bring this man to this place again. you will never again compel his mind to spiral nor his fingers to type. May his mind be wrung of your lies, may he see clearly the world as it is, in all its beauty and truth. should these demands not be followed i pray that he will nonetheless seek healing and exorcisement from a true man of god, in spite of any attempt you may make to sway him otherwise.
>>
>>18126778
cringe. and you still dress like shit lol
>>
>>18126778
Get a job you balding bum
>>
>>18126576
Bro my phone is shit, my camera skills are shit, and most days I feel like shit but I still try and post my fits to contribute. Even the most basic shit tier cell phone these days still has a decent, workable camera. Claiming you can't post pics because you only have a cell phone is just cope.

>>18126586
Shut the fuck up Doug.
>>
why the fuck do they not make ads like this anymore
>>
>>18126957
1: Change of media used to deliver advertising, now social media is gaining prominence and that relies on influencers selling their own image as much as the product. The message is equal parts "get this product" and "get this product to be like Person X."

2: This style of ad also requires some imagination on the part of the consumer. Sure you see what's being sold but you have to picture yourself in it, think of how it will work for you,etc. We're obviously not talking about requiring massive effort,but when is the last time you saw a modern ad that made you have to think for more than 5 seconds?

>>18126772
To be fair, Drakes didn't really invent this style either.

>>18126512
>Is.....is that a man wearing brown in an urban environment? Ahhhhhhhhhhh I'm going insane!
>>
>>18127130
One day I'm going to figure out why certain ties are easy to get a good dimple on and others I have to fight with. This one pretty much dimpled itself.

I can have two ties of the same fabric and dimensions and tied in the exact same way and one may be easy to work with and the other isn't. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing but I'm just curious as to what it is.
>>
>>18127130
Nicely seasonal fit. Cotton jacket?
>>
>>18127146
Thank you. It's an old Brooks Brothers wash&wear jacket, it's a poly-cotton blend. I put off buying one for a while because I like the look but I try and avoid any synthetic fabrics, however this is overall a really nice sport coat. I'm still going to avoid synthetics as a rule but I can admit there are a few exceptions that are done well.
>>
>>18127153
True. Some old pieces (mainly stuff that doesnt touch the skin like 60/40 parkas or bright puffer vests) can have a charm to them that negates the synthetics issue.
>>
File: 20240524_103040~2.jpg (1.31 MB, 3120x3670)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>18126794
if ye say so
>>
>>18127130
>>18127322
you guys should just stick to navyblazer or SF at this point. it's not like anything interesting happens ITT, and the posters here aren't capable of providing any worthwhile advice
>>
Somehow I just know I’m not going to get any helpful replies but are there any retailers that makes t-shirts you particularly like? I prefer to buy my t-shirts from companies that make the other stuff I wear.
>>
>>18127344
this is s stupid question
>>
>>18127322
Jesus Christ. I feel like you smeared Vaseline on your phone lense just to spite me when you took that pic. Or stole a dog machine from a fucking rave.
Nice OCBD, I managed to buy two Bean OCBDs in the same damn color because eBay sellers are morons, it's a little lighter than that. Surprisingly more versatile than I initially thought.

>>18127333
I gotta be honest: I am not good enough for Styleforum yet. I'm still learning, I feel like most of the guys who post on SF have way more money and experience than I do, and I say that as someone who makes good money.

I'm fine with posting on Reddit and a discord for one of the subs. Reddit vs Styleforum is sort of like a good college football team vs a Superbowl Champion team.

I don't really post here to get anything or to learn anything, I just like the freedom of the environment. No one on Reddit ever told me I needed to lose weight, but I did. I've finally crossed the 50lb mark and I look better now taking some of the brutal honesty of this place to heart. You can't really get it anything else. I might not learn something new every day but I still enjoy posting here.

>>18127344
It may be helpful to learn what companies you already buy shit from if you want recommendations based on shit you already wear.
>>
>>18127514
Well thats what i was fuckin saying lel the camera is awful
Thats great you lost weight. The anarchic nature of 4chan definitely has its pros. Its just the mods just need to do their job and rein in obvious spammers and master baiters
>>
>>18126749
>bucket hat
Yeah. Makes me sick too.
>>
>>18127333
>SF
?
>>
>>18127650
styleforum
its boomertopia
>>
File: IMG_1677.jpg (426 KB, 1210x1210)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
Any rain mac inspo?
>>
File: F1ABbeuWIAQYej4.jpg (2.19 MB, 2838x3350)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>18127826
Also interested
>>
File: Atalasport.jpg (63 KB, 746x559)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Hello everyone. In September I'm going to a wedding, it's going to be quite casual. Do you think these shoes would be OK with the dress I got (see picture on my next post)? There's also a version with a white sole. I don't want to buy formal shoes because I would probably wear them only once like it happened to me in the past.
>>
>>18127961

That's the suite I got
>>
>>18127130
>Sure you see what's being sold but you have to picture yourself in it, think of how it will work for you,etc.
nigga they're literally showing a drawing of how it looks on a person
>>
File: IMG_1678.jpg (89 KB, 540x733)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>18127848
Obviously cotton would be ideal but I don’t really want to spend money on something I’m going to beat up. I guess thrifting would work.
>>
File: unrequitedlove.png (449 KB, 1080x1729)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
>>18128000
>I guess thrifting would work

Just get a London Fog trench from a thrift store. Khaki, olive or gray, not black.

>>18127962
>>18127961
Trainspotting core. Don't wear white trainers with a suit even to a casual wedding, you will look like shit. There's plenty of more casual shoes that will still match better with a suit. Why not get a pair of suede shoes, maybe a chukka boot? It would work with the suit and with a bunch of other fits, and suede is comfortable and way easier to clean and maintain than most people realize.

>>18127826
You can find a bunch of old Aquascutum, Burberry, Brooks Brothers, London fog etc ads on Pinterest.

https://www.tumblr.com/bygoneburberry

>>18127130
>>18127131
This is one of your better fits. You don't look as fat, the colors and fabric are seasonally appropriate and you seem to have finally learned how to tie a proper knot. I think a tie with some texture would work better here, this one looks a little too shiny and flat for the rest of the fit. A knit tie would be perfect, mogador would work well too.
For the love of god, learn how to pose better. You always look so rigid and uncomfortable, this looks like you're frozen in fear holding a garage door opener. Try sitting down for a change, sprawl out in a chair, do anything to look more relaxed.

Now that I've contributed something, time for some good old Doug hate. See pic related.

1: Doug if you hate us so damn much(understandable) and know we hate you(also understandable), why are you so obsessed with coming back?

2: And just to ruin it for you, some of us are on SF. 4chan isn't some magical escape proof containment zone, anons do post on other forums and act in accordance with the rules of said forums. This is just the place where we can be open and direct about how much we dislike you as a person instead of being forced to politely tolerate your awful fits.
>>
>>18128015

Would be suede sneakers OK too?
>>
>>18128031
No. If you're wearing a suit, wear something other than sneakers. You're taking the time and effort to put a suit on to look good, why sabotage your own fit?
>>
>>18128033

Ok Buddy, thanks for the advice
>>
>>18128031
>>18128049
>>18128033
NTA, but I feel like sharing my thoughts about suede "minimalist" sneakers. Some people hold the opinion that these sneakers often give a look as if they trying to be a dress shoe but less elegantly, which is just not a good look. However, I think that they often look fine with a variety of different fits, definitely a more modern look, and many folks would think they look completely fine - they do, I just would try to avoid it if possible. There is such a large range of beautiful footwear that I think it's a shame to go for suede minimalist sneakers so I would encourage you to take the opportunity to dress up and opt for some "proper" footwear and find a nice casual loafer or ankle boot. I really think sneakers with a minimal profile are best suited in a cotton canvas with a lot of character (see Moonstar, Doek etc.) since you can't really do this with other types of footwear, rather than trying to get "clean" monotone look with suede, and just looking soulless and slightly jarring. As far as suede on a sneaker, I think suede sneakers can look quite attractive when the sneaker isn't attempting to be sleek, the likes of NB 990s or Adidas Spezials look fairly interesting whilst not being too odd, especially if you opt for a less common colour.
>>
>>18128078

I think I'm not brave enough to wear NB or Adidas shoes with a suite... I'll probably go for some ankle boots, it's a safer choice :D thank for the hints Buddy
>>
File: file.png (622 KB, 876x737)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
>>18127961
i wouldnt wear sneakers to a wedding
do you feel that dress shoes are too formal or that you'd only use them for that occasion? then get something like loafers or dress boots that could be more versatile but still look okay
Remember: The black, glossy look is more elegant
The earthy tones or vivid colores, textured looks, or abundance of details make a garment more casual
>>
>>18128083
Never with a worsted suit, I just meant in general. I'd recommend a loafer or derby with a suit since they're more casual than oxfords. The boots can work but you have to make sure that they are elegant looking and it's more difficult to wear, if you're unsure, than what I previously mentioned.
>>
>>18128089
Remember to avoid Doc's and any boot with a commando sole or considerably thick sole. They will look clunky and completely mismatched with a suit, even if you have seen others do it. I saw this at a wedding just a few weeks ago, the kid was probably around 19 or 20 but even then, it's very unflattering.
>>
>>18128090
>>18128091

No worries guys I'm not getting Dr. Martin's :D
>>
What pants do i wear during the summer to not get hot as fuck? Looking for options other than linen pants, which i already know about
>>
File: proxy-image.jpg (74 KB, 460x563)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>18128239
not strictly /tip/ but permanent style is pretty good for advice
https://www.permanentstyle.com/summer-dressing
>>
>>18128239
poplin
>>
>>18128239
Tropical wool / fresco. Drapes better and wrinkles less than linen or poplin.
>>
>>18128239
I never tried them but i heard Spier & Mackay had "paper chinos" last summer that were like magic.
>>
>>18128141
take your newfag shit to qtddtot
>>
>>18128321

No
>>
>>18128291
how do I find tropical wool on ebay?
>>
File: flower tie.jpg (341 KB, 1080x1470)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
thoughts on this tie? Maybe not /tip/, but my gf thinks it matches her outfit best
>>
>>18128391
That tie is fucking hideous. At first I thought your girlfriend had shit taste, but then it clicked. Your gf recognizes you look good so she had to bring you down a notch so other women don't throw themselves at you.

Also, your mirror is fucking filthy and the rise on your trousers is low.
>>
>>18128391
Ugly tie
Bad collar
Too long jacket sleeves
Too short jacket
>>
>>18128408
Collar is fine, it's not an OCBD it's a regular button down. You don't need a collar roll every time.

Jacket isn't too short, looks like his ass is covered by the back of the jacket

Sleeves are too long, tie is shit and it's too wide. Needs tailoring.
>>
>>18128379
Ebay sellers often arent great at identifying or advertising weaves. Look for an irregular open weave, similar looking to a typical linen.
Or buy a nice new pair, theres decent ones out there for like $160 on the lower end.
>>
>>18128417
wrong, all button downs need collar roll
>>
>>18123774
shirt looks sloppy and the pattern is atrocious, I will not elaborate, it should be obvious. Tie is also ugly and the knot looks bad, suit is kind of boring and feels more modern than tippy, get rid of the facial hair
>>
>>18127961
Prendi le margiela replica sono più swag
>>
File: file.png (413 KB, 1347x1291)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
Was thinking of buying some loafers from Oak Street Bootmakers. Maybe the natural chrom? I have a pair of LL bean mocs in a darker brown. What do you guys think?
>>
>>18128535
oh nevermind they sold out of my size since i looked earlier in the natural. that's a shame :(
>>
>>18128535
Wouldnt hurt to get loafers in a similar shade to the mocs since they have different uses as shoes.
>>
>>18128535
Fair warning, they're doing some bullshit with their prices. They have markdowns last week and somehow the shoes are the same price with 30% off that they were last week.

Not saying don't buy them, they're good shoes and worth the price, I just hate it when companies do bullshit like that and raise prices just to make a sale look more impressive.
>>
>>18128582
Damn that's sad to hear. I have a pair of boots I bought from them eons ago and I genuinely love them. So well made.

>>18128565
You think? I've never owned penny loafers before so I guess I'm not too familiar. Penny loafers dress up better than mocs right?
>>
JCrew has a sale going on at the moment, was thinking of getting some salmon shorts but hesitant because every khaki option is "flex" which I interpret to mean "shit fabric".
>>
>>18128708
>Penny loafers dress up better than mocs right?

Absolutely. I think penny loafers are truly one of the most versatile shoes out there. You can make them work with solid color cotton shorts, jeans, chinos, sport coats or full suits. Mocs are great and versatile too but the upper limit is pairing them with a rough tweed sport coat. They do pair better with things like fatigues though.

If you have the money, I'd get both because mocs are great for more casual fits. But if you can only afford one for now, my choice would be penny loafers.
>>
>>18128713

Are these the shorts you're talking about?

https://www.jcrew.com/m/mens/categories/clothing/shorts/stretch-chino/7quot-stretch-chino-short/MP670?display=standard&fit=7%20Inch&color_name=dusty-navy&colorProductCode=BE051

Fabric is supposed to be 98% cotton, 2% elastane which doesn't sound bad but I'd be hesitant. You can always return them, but I've had shit luck with stretch fabrics. When BB switched to stretch in their chinos years ago I bought a pair but the fabric didn't feel anywhere near the same as the original all cotton ones, it felt rough, thinner and just overall cheap.

I'd avoid these and just look for something that's 100% cotton. You may have to spend a little more or go second hand but you'll know what you're getting.
>>
>>18128708
>You think? I've never owned penny loafers before so I guess I'm not too familiar. Penny loafers dress up better than mocs right?
I wear camp mocs on hikes. I do not wear loafers on hikes. I wear loafers with blazers. I do not wear camp mocs with blazers. Theyre both versatile shoes, but not infinitely versatile.
>>18128713
https://www.nantucketreds.com/collections/mens-shorts/products/nr-mens-poplin-shorts
https://www.nantucketreds.com/collections/mens-shorts/products/nr-mens-bermuda-plain-front-shorts
https://www.nantucketreds.com/collections/mens-shorts/products/cisco-short-linen-nantucket-red
>>
>>18128734
Alternatively, if you don't want to spend 100 for a pair of shorts:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176359856307?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pVNSieDAQMC&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=z6kLtexFT8C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just search for Polo shorts in your waist size and whatever color you want, set the material filter to just cotton and pick whatever model/fit works for your body type.
>>
File: 1715897921620069.png (2.16 MB, 1918x1031)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
I have a huge inspo folder, I mostly save to it and browse when drunk/bored, as I live abroad now and it's quite hard to source quality /tip/ stuff and I'm limited to what I brought

Posting some inspo anyways, trying to stick with the suit theme
>>
File: ajfevxBt.jpg (79 KB, 500x753)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>18129036
skw5
>>
File: mlSBHOK.jpg (89 KB, 1080x1080)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>18129038
>>
>>18123679
what blue collar job do you have?
>>
Can I please receive suggestions of where to shop for ivy/prep attire? I am looking to overhaul my wardrobe. Ideally, clothes that are low/moderately priced. I am hoping to spend around $3k, but I don't exactly have a budget limitation - I am just inclined to be frugal.

>>18123879
as somebody who is trying to me conscious of fashion and dressing well, it is helpful to see these critiques. Often you can tell somebody looks slovenly, but it isn't obvious precisely why. Thank you, anon
>>
>>18129376
Theres a whole list of brands in the OP. I wouldn't recommend Brooks Brothers anymore though, theyve been in an identity crisis / downward spiral. J Press is a good start, pretty much everything they sell is good looking classic stuff and a lot is still made in the US. Spier & Mackay also pretty much all looks good but the quality is much lower (you get what you pay for) and the cuts can be slim.
>>
>>18129425
What are peoples thoughts on Berwick shoes? I noticed Berwick is not present in the OP pastebin of brands - have I made an error in getting the following oxfords?
>https://berwickshoes.com/gb/2428-k8-toledo-cuero.html
>>
>>18129445
>brown oxfords
yikes
>>
Just watched Jeeves & Wooster and while I find it not very funny, there are many /tip/ conversations. Jeeves recommended a brown Harris Tweed suit for journeying by train, which Wooster seemed to think was 'common. Also, grey flannel trousers and checked sports coat for more casual wear. Hopefully as I watch there will be more clothes talk.
>>
>>18129036
>pic
is that really good inspo? the way those shirts fit and bend near the waistis horrible
reminds me of when i dont tuck my shirt properly and it bends aroudn the belly making a very ugly shape
>>
>>18129587
what, you think they should be slim fit or military tucked? theres nothing wrong with a shirt billowing out. if youre not fat, people can tell youre not fat by your face and the way clothes drape on you.
sleeves do look too long on whats-his-name's character though
>>
>>18129587
>the way those shirts fit and bend near the waistis horrible

Tldr: OCBDs used to be "functional workwear" and are supposed fit looser than a proper dress shirt.

You have to take into account the origins of OCBDs and where they fit in the scale of formality.
They were originally conceived as work shirts, as in people with real jobs performed manual labor in them. In a proper workshirt, you need a durable, hard wearing fabric and the shirt to be cut so that you have freedom of movement. That's why they're slightly loose and not fitted, you're supposed to be able to move around, lift shit, haul ass if you need to. That's also why the shoulders and armholes of oxfords are supposed to generously cut as well, to allow a good range of motion.

Secondly, an oxford isn't a "dress shirt." Granted, our perceptions of what dress is and formality change over the years but an OCBD isn't a formal shirt, if you're following classic menswear rules you shouldn't be wearing them with a formal suit. Some suits are more formal than others, and they're fine with sport coats because sport coats are more casual than suits, and are also supposed to be cut in a more loose, casual manner. Just because you can wear a tie with a shirt doesn't mean it's formal.

Obviously over the years definitions and perceptions change and now many people look at anything you can wear a tie with as formal but that didn't used to be the case.
>>
>>18127826
>London Fog
>more like London Nog now
>>
File: jUxOL66.jpg (218 KB, 1082x1400)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>18129376
I don't know what you already have but here's an old guide from Yale on what they expected students to have. 3k might not be enough to buy everything new, but it will be enough to get your a good start. I would highly recommend looking at some items second hand to get the most value for your money.

OCBDs new: Kamakura, Spier&Mackay if you're skinny and short. O'Connells, J Press, Mercer and Sons if you're taller and heavier. Price ranges from 70-230

Used options: Any of the above but they're rare. Old Brooks Brothers, LL Bean, Lands End, Gitman, and Ralph Lauren Yarmouth OCBDs are plentiful on eBay, you can get them in great shape for $30 or less

Chinos: Jack Donnelly is a great value, multiple cuts, high rise, different fabrics, etc. Same with Spier and Mackay, again these are better if you're slim. Budget option is Lands End traditional cut, make sure and get the 100% cotton ones.
JD are around 150 I think, LE are 70.
Used look for old Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren chinos, specifically the Andrew and Hammond models.They were made in every fabric and color you can think of and you can get them for $40 or less.

Shoes: Allen Edmonds, Alden, Brooks Brothers collabs, and Rancourt are all safe, good options. You're going to spend 300-600 per pair for a new pair though.

Used: Any of the above, as well as old miUSA or miItaly shoes from Cole Haan, Florsheim, Johnston and Murphy, Hanover, etc. You can get shoes in great shape for between 50-200.

Ties: Kamakura, Drakes, Spier, Brooks and Mackay, any brand that does repp ties basically. Just make sure they're natural fabrics and not polyester.

Used: Same brands, throw in Robert Talbott, Zegna, Canali, Brioni and Polo Ralph Lauren as well. Ties wear better than other articles of clothing, a 50 year old tie can still look brand new and you can find almost anything for less than $40
>>
File: Ivy-Prep.png (471 KB, 1024x766)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>18129819
(Continued)

Sport coats: Find a brand where the cut works for you and be prepared to have it tailored. Brooks, Todd Snyder, Spier Rowing Blazers, Hickey Freeman, etc. You'll probably spend 400 and up for a decent sport coat.

Used: Here's where you can save the most money. Get measured at a tailor. Get your shoulder, chest, sleeve, waist and torso measured, and then look for a sport coat that matches those measurements. Brooks, Oxxford, Cricketeer,Zegna, Corneliani, PRL, J Crew,Brioni, Canali, etc. Pick something basic and safe with average lapels, a normal button stance, etc. Get a navy blazer with metal buttons, a dark brown tweed sport coat, and something with a brighter color and pattern like glen plaid or gun club check. You'll find anything you need for less than 100.

If 3k is your limit, you can get everything you need second hand for less than that or pick and choose what you want to get new versus used.

Say you want new shirts and shoes and then get everything else used.
5 OCBDs: 900
2 new pair of Allen Edmonds 700
Leaves 1400 to get everything else which is completely do able.

Frankly I wouldn't buy everything at once, your tastes will change with experience. Focus on getting the most basic and versatile items you can first. Get basic blue and white shirts, plain khaki colored chinos, brown derbies, a blue blazer, a red and navy repp tie, etc and then build from there.
No matter what you do, go get measured. That way when you look at things online you'll be able to eliminate a lot of shit right off the bat knowing what will and will not work.
>>
>>18129587
embarrassing post
>>
>>18129800
>Tldr: OCBDs used to be "functional workwear" and are supposed fit looser than a proper dress shirt.
what are some buttoned shrits that are still on that style rather than a tighter fit ? basically an oldschool OCBD of the type you describe
>>
>>18129036
moar Whit Stillman inspo
>>
>>18129853
>>
>>18129855
>>
>>18129821
is going to a tailor to get measured worth it rather than just watching a youtube video on how to properly measure yourself? I live near no actual tailors, just mild alteration shops
>>
>>18129819
>Essential sport jackets include: ... a blazer
Somebody's getting btfo here. What are they referring to by a "pale beige coat?" A car/rain coat?
>>
File: 1697517343473129.png (1.26 MB, 1134x1027)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>18129860
>>
>>18129846
>basically an oldschool OCBD of the type you describe

Poor wording on my part, OCBDs are still made that way, it's just that some companies like Spier&Mackay, Kamakura, sometimes J Crew, etc make slimmer OCBDs that aren't cut that same way.

If you want the traditional OCBD cut, look at J Press (even their trim is still loose), O'Connells, Mercer, and Jakes. Budget option is Lands End and LL Bean, just make sure you get the all cotton ones.

Used, look for Ralph Lauren Yarmouth shirts, old Brooks Brothers, Gitman Vintage, old Lands End and LL Bean, and even old Nordstrom shirts that were made in America or Hong Kong will have that classic/loose fit.

Custom is another option. Proper Cloth and Luxire are really great, they'll make it however you want. Quality is fantastic on both, Luxire is normally a little cheaper and faster even though they're in India.
>>
File: 1697517827798132.png (1.7 MB, 1804x1080)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>18129864
>>
>>18129863
Based on the time period, it could be a trench coat or an overcoat/topcoat like a balmacaan or polo coat.
>>
>>18129861
In my opinion, it's worth it. Measuring your own shoulders and arm length is a bitch, and I've got some experience at it. At the very least you should have a second person to watch the videos with you and hold the tape steady.

An alteration shop should be able to do it as well, and it's worth the small fee.
>>
>>18129870
>>
How bad is it to wear navy slacks with a navy blazer (not a suit, slightly different fabrics)?
>>
>>18130105
Fucking awful, Jesus Christ why would you do that?
>>
>>18126749
>No pickguard on his Les Paul
Disgusting.
>>
File: file.png (1.47 MB, 901x998)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Anyone have any good derby reccs?
>>
>>18130105
I did this ONCE when I was wearing navy chinos and got a ring for a sudden late round video interview, I threw on an orphaned blazer that I had nearby, and just seeing myself in the mirror as I ran to my computer felt disgusting.

Why would you ever do this?
>>
File: Untitled-5.jpg (141 KB, 497x1237)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>18122576
Bespoke white wool suit had this outfit with a pair of brown Loake oxfords. Fit is about size 44R, I am 170cm tall.
>>
>>18130662
It's not bad, but they screwed up a little bit. Shoulders are off, there's too much of a gap at the neck, should be closer on the collar. Pants need to be shortened, may e put a slight taper at the hem, if you look at the right leg it looks like it's flaring out and almost bootcut but that may just be due to the excessive break. Sleeves may also be a little too long as well. Don't like the tonal buttons, makes it feel a little sterile and almost like a hospital uniform as well.

My question is of all the things to jane custom made, why a white wool DB suit? How often will you wear that?
>>
When I see boat shoes on others I think they look nice but then I put them on myself and I think they look awful
>>
File: file.png (310 KB, 500x281)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>18130673
Shoulders are padded, which looking back at the fact that I am a powerlifter was not a very good idea. They screwed up buttons and because of that the collar seems uneven, but it doesn't look that bad irl.

Pants are that way, due to personal preference, because I think with additional bulkiness on the lower side of the suit reduces the impact of my upper body on my silhouette. Again, because of padding, it may look retarded.

What kind of buttons do you think would be good here, I couldn't come up with anything except maybe for wood.

It's my spring-summer outfit, I based it on King Edward VIII's white suit, as in picrel. I bought like 3 or 4 ties in this style, and I think it looks really decent. Also, I am autistically in love with DB and all 5 of my suits at this moment are all different styles of DB.
>>
So what do I wear top wise in the summer? I'm dying out here
>>
>>18130719
check this
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2017/08/how-to-dress-for-very-hot-weather.html
>>
>>18130710
>powerlifter
>170cm
>44R
>suit looks like that
No, you’re just a shorter fat guy lmao and that is a terrible look.
>>
>>18131058
Then explain why can I do 1/2/3/4. Oh, and post fit while you are at it.
>>
>>18131128
What do you mean, explain? They aren't huge numbers and you are likely carrying too much excess fat to look like that in a 44R suit whilst only having those stats. It's even more noticeable when I look at how much pulling there is around the gut at the button. It's normal, people typically overestimate their body fat percentage. You can reach these without being a powerlifter, they're pretty typical for someone who recovers decently and trains compounds at 80%+ for a year or two.
>>
>>18131209
>no fit
ouch
>>
How do actual preps - as in people who actually attend prep schools or come from the associated families - perceive Vampire Weekend? Having finally listened to some of it recently, is seems a bit too much like pastiche to me.
>>
>>18130719
For me,
> warm: long sleeve polos with lighter material (performance?), oxfords, longsleeve t-shirts with lighter material
> hot: button downs w lighter fabric, polos
> very hot: polos, guayaberas, t-shirts
>>
>>18131331
I got kicked out of prep school but went and never heard of this. Prep school students are just normal kids, you know. Their parents just have more money and better manners. That’s it.
>>
>>18131209
Show me a person who reached 1/2/3/4 in a year without being a fat fuck or on steroids. I weigh 85 kg as of now. Also, post fit.
>>
>black shoes with khaki chinos
y/n?
>>
Is there a /fa/ guide to chosing the colour of one's tie according to his suit? (+ shirt color, ideally)
>>
>>18131548
Debatable, though I wore black oxfords with khakis in prep school when I was poor, I'm not a big fan. Derbies are probably better.

Underdog pick for me is a sleeker black loafer with khakis. Black and tan look isn't terrible, but half of what I wear with khakis, a dark brown / oxblood is better.
>>
>>18131641
Yeah i used to be against black shoes with lighter colors but black loafers can look cool with khaki or off-white
>>
File: GOr0BNKW4AAVGBI.jpg (86 KB, 1000x1265)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
whats wrong with their fit?
>>
>>18131712
Their trousers are too slim, compared to their upper body.
They're both fat, too, which is extremely ungraceful.
>>
File: IMG_6033.jpg (431 KB, 1600x2000)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
Where can I get a minimalist plain toe suede derby that is good quality?
>>
File: 20240528_192846~2.jpg (1.37 MB, 2441x3974)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
Dad mode
>>
>>18131712
lilpump.mp3
>>
>>18131548
No. Looks like something a waiter would wear much like a black shirt but black loafers and blue jeans now that is a french ivy stable.
>>
File: club_belts.png (462 KB, 549x550)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
How to style club belts and how to feel confident LARPing as a member of a group you dont belong to?
>>
>>18132377
Just wear it retard nobody cares
>>
>>18132377
buy a more generic motif like an animal or a sport you play
>>
File: IMG_20240529_083526668~2.jpg (725 KB, 1305x3956)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
>>18131548
I'd say yes, but only loafers or wingtips.
>>
>>18132825
Found an old Oxxford clothes tattersall shirt, really liking it so far
>>
>>18130692
Same here. I feel like a total fruit wearing boat shoes, or loafers for that matter as well.

>>18130719
This sounds bad but I usually just give up and my style morphs more towards larping as Magnum than anything /tip/. Having said that I do like my linen button down shirts.

>>18132826
Nice tie.
>>
>>18133183
>>18130692
I hate how I look in boat shoes. I'm way more comfortable in a pair of suede loafers for some odd reason.
>>
>>18133371
I just wear a pair of clark's as my casual but not-a-sneaker shoe. I know it's not particularly tippy but I just can't pull off boat shoes or loafers. Never tried suede loafers.
>>
>>18133183
are you wearing them with or without socks?
>>
>>18133581
I've tried both and obviously without socks looks even more homosexual
>>
How do you not get food stains on yourself while wearing a nice suit? Serious question
I've ruined at least two shirts while eating bolognese, no matter how much you try, a small bit will fall off the fork, hit the plate and then your shirt
One small drop and it's ruined forever unless you immediately dash to clean it
AFAIK, you can't put a napkin on your chest unless you eat lobster or something similar
>>
>>18133639
Eat something else you retard
>>
How often do you guys shower? whats the minimum weekly showers you'd recommend? i would like to shower less but my hair makes me feel greasy if i dont shower for 2 days so i end up showering around 3 times a week. If my hairline wasnt receeding id cut it short
>>
>>18133667
it depends on where you live and also your genetics a bit anon. if you live near the equator you should shower every day. if you live up north you can get away with about 3-7 days without showering before you smell assuming you don't do any major physical activity during that time. some dudes sweat more than others. if you smell bathe yourself.
>>
>>18129846
power word: classic / traditional fit.
trim fit also looks really good on twinks/smaller guys.
>>
>>18133729
fair
sadly i dont have a good sense of smell for my own smells so i go off feels, like if my hair or torso feel greasy and sweaty
>>
>>18133667
I dont see what that has to do with trad ivy or prep.
I shower every day and dont see why not. You just dont need to use shampoo every day.
>>
>>18133762
wouldnt your hair look awful and feel dirty if you shower without shampoo? i use shampoo and then conditioner every time i shower, and also use shower gel on my body
>>
File: thrift tie.jpg (531 KB, 1078x1218)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
I'm back with a new thrift store tie
>>
>>18133834
1: Preemptive shut the fuck up Doug
2: What color trouser, belt and shoes are you wearing with that? I'm seeing a brown tweed sport coat, a blue OCBD, and a black tie, not sure black tie was best choice.
>>
>>18133839
The second time somebody has mentioned Doug on one of my fits. Idk who the fuck that is. The tie is more of a brown colour. Looks fine with gray pants.
>>
>>18133799
You said you dont even wash every day, why would washing without shampoo look/feel dirtier than that?
>>
>>18133865
I think the cartoon face and color choices give Doug vibes. You look a little too broad to be him so I wouldn't worry about it.

>Today's fit
Unstructured seersucker. It's hard working textures in when it's hot and humid. I already miss the winter.
>>
>>18133834
>logo on an OCBD
ahh, i remember when i first got into /tip/
>>
>>18133931
RL makes sense because they popularized it. But a Brooks logo on a shirt is a bit bizarre.
>>
File: danse.gif (3.07 MB, 320x184)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB GIF
>>18133913
>grey seersucker
I would wear it more if it wasn't 90% white/blue combo.
>>
File: IMG_20240530_081121225~2.jpg (1.06 MB, 1655x4189)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>18134048
>>grey seersucker

It's actually tan/khaki
>>
>>18128391
I like flowers, have a flowery tie myself, but I think your's a little too flamboyant due to the contrasting colors. I think you're supposed to see the cuffs of your shirt from beneth the jacket sleeves so either one is not perfect size (but it looks good enough IMO a lot of people wear it like this). Maybe add a white linien pocket square, or white with orange/red borders?
>>
File: 5312024.jpg (862 KB, 1581x3981)
862 KB
862 KB JPG
>>18133973
It's weird, I have a bunch of BB OCBDs, none of them have a logo on them, I've never even seen one with a logo. The only shirts I've seen that have logos are RL shirts. I've got a few of their Yarmouth OCBDs and the logo is small enough to not be noticeable which is great, I'm not a fan of logos at all. The logo on his shirt also looks like it's on the opposite side of where it should be, they're normally on the left breast side.

>>18133667
Why not shower every day? Even if you can't smell yourself, other people can.
>>
>>18134299
I got the OCBD with the logo as well as this Brooks Brothers OCBD without a logo: >>18128391 at the same thrift shop. They both say 1818 Original Polo on the tag, but the shape of the garments is completely different.

The one with the logo is 5% spandex, has a relatively short tail, no breast pocket, better collar roll. The other has a long tail, stiffer collar and is 100% cotton.

I think the logos are more common in Canada.
>>
>>18133834
Doug fuck off
>>
>>18133931
The anti logo retards are so fucking annoying,worse than vegans and trannies at this point. We get it tik tok told you logos le bad and you get sent into a sperg tirade every time you see tiny embroidery on stuff but please just shut the fuck up already you insufferable piece of shit
>>
>>18134331
You seem perturbed Ralph.
>>
>>18134299
>Why not shower every day? Even if you can't smell yourself, other people can.
you deplete your body off natural oils and also reduce the activity of your inmune system. I would if i was drenched in sweat every day, but thats not the case. If i exercised heavily or lived in a very hot climate, i surely would

¿Did you know kids who grow up with pets in the house have a way stronger inmune system?
>>
Chore coat/barn coat/overshirt inspo pls?
>>
>>18134331
>Be my billboard
Nah, no thanks.
>>
>>18134456
I havent actually owned any of those but i can scrounge up a few inspo pics
>>
>>18134550
>>
>>18134552
>>
File: 1979 1705272857891636.jpg (260 KB, 465x1224)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>18134553
>>
>>18134555
I havent bought one because they feel kind of like just worse/less flattering looking versions of unstructured blazers. I do like just wearing an unbuttoned oxford or chambray shirt over a tee sometimes though.
>>
>>18134557
>I do like just wearing an unbuttoned oxford or chambray shirt over a tee sometimes though.

I'm going to try that this summer now that I'm in a little better shape and have some decent loafers. I've got a couple Spier&Mackay OCBDs that shrank in the wash somehow but have really nice awning stripe patterns, I'll see if I can use them to do that.

Finding shorts I like is a pain in the ass right now. Older models have great rises, I found some with 12-14 inch front rises which I need to balance out my long torso ,but they're cut really wide in the thighs and run the risk of looking boxy.

Who makes 100% cotton shorts with a high rise these days that are a little more fitted?
>>
>>18134331
hey look, like clockwork, the logo schizo appears
>>
what boots should i get for winter to be worn with chinos and tweed jackets?
>>
>>18133913
>color choices give Doug vibes.
literally how
>>
File: 1717224540812.jpg (35 KB, 610x514)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>18134889
>>
File: TIL0482NAV_ROLLED.jpg (191 KB, 960x1200)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>18134900
Nta but it's a vibe, it looks like something that's close to matching pretty well but somehow doesn't and just doesn't work together.

You've got a brown jacket, a blue shirt and then a black tie foulard tie with red/orange. The shirt and jacket go together, the red and orange on the tie go together but the main body of the tie being black sticks out in a weird way. The logo on a BB shirt is weird. The black tie implies a black belt and black shoes which doesn't exactly clash but isn't the conventional look. If the belt and shoes aren't black then the tie stands out even more.
If the tie was navy, it would to great, you'd have more freedom of belt/shoe color, etc.

And the cartoon face is straight out of the Doug playbook, he's fucking obsessed with cartoons which is one of the many reasons people joke about him being a pedo, he probably uses the cartoons to relate to kids better before he buggers them since he's a nonce.

Does that make sense? You probably aren't Doug because I can't recall him ever wearing a button down collar (I'm sure a Doug archivist will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong) but the fit and "face" give very Doug adjacent vibes.

I'd personally go with a tie that has more texture, the one you have isn't exactly ultra formal or out of place but you've got fantastic texture in the sport coat, why not play off that?

Pic related is a plain grenadine. You can also look into silk knit, shantung and ancient madder. Madder is really nice because you get a foulard or paisley pattern and still get texture as well. My tie game has stagnated on stripes and solids, this is a good reminder for me to try something new.
>>
>>18134900
>>18134929

Some more info on Ancient Madder since it doesn't get discussed much here

https://besnard.co/blogs/journal/ancient-madder-silk#:~:text=The%20ties%20and%20silks%20are,classic%20among%20the%20sartorially%20inclined.

>For the more casual look, especially in the colder months, the ties match well with thicker textures, sports coats, or country suits.

The famous ‘Ivy League’ look, for example, can be achieved by matching an Ancient Madder tie with a tweed jacket or suit with an Oxford cloth button-down shirt to create an appealing and classic ensemble.
>>
>>18134889
In my opinion if the weather is so bad you need boots you should just opt for whatever keeps you warm or dry from point A to B like sorels or duck boots. /tip/, for me atleast, in it’s core is very utilitarian after all.
>>
>>18134889
What kind of weather do you get? Do you intend to walk through the woods when it gets muddy? or to walk through the snow? do you get a lot of rain? is the winter temperate or warm where you live?
i personally would get boots that are comfortable enough for driving and wearing all day since thats what my job is.

Comfort is key, you spend all day standing on those things so its improtant to feel comfortable above everything else imo
>>
File: 1717250867617.jpg (122 KB, 1024x667)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>18134901
Looks good, but might be too casual to wear with a nice jacket or coat
>>18134960
>>18134962
The snow is usually mowed but doesn't disappear completely when it's cold, and I occasionally have to walk through ankle deep snow. There is also a lot of ice. Winter days range from -20 to 0 centigrade.
>>
File: brown.jpg (568 KB, 1080x1183)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>18134929
I would consider it a brown tie (here it is against a black t-shirt for contrast). I think that the lighting of the photo made it appear darker than it actually is.
>>
>>18134550
Thanks anon. I have only found people wearing them in a hispter americana workwear or streetwear style. Does anyone have pdfs of the old JCrew catalogues?
>>
>>18131601
https://web.archive.org/web/20120711003637/http://www.styleforum.net/t/287922/practical-thoughts-on-coherent-combinations-for-beginners
read this
>>
>>18133667
>i end up showering around 3 times a week
Kill yourself subhuman
>>
presented without comment
>>
Riddle me this, what do you call a man with a spade on his head?
>>
>>18135926
Paedophile.
>>
File: 1682713508039655.jpg (197 KB, 631x853)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>
>>18136045
Nice pic.
Its kind of sad, a lot of normies assume camp mocs are some kind of fancy boat shoes and are shocked i do outdoors stuff in them lel.
>>
What's the best way to go for a scarf to wear under a barbour? I've normally liked tartan/houndstooth scarves, but I think that leans too "country" worn with a barbour.
>>
>>18134456
I'm not even joking, look at costanza's outfits in seinfeld.

>>18122576
Can anyone post tennis outfit photos? I need to up my game on the courts in multiple ways.
>>
>>18123774
I think it's just a matter of wearing a solid tie so you don't clash with double-patterned tie and shirt, and get the jacket tailored so it doesn't appear as boxy. Besides that I think it looks swell
>>
>>18135784
The 00s were a dark time
>>18135355
They must be somewhere out there, i just saved some from the account thesimplicityman on instagram thats posted a bunch of cool ones
>>
>>18130662
Lose weight then go bespoke you fat fuck
>>
>>18128242
Useful. Thanks anon!
>>
Can someone please post the classic advertisement of the red-headed woman in an equestrian/hunting outfit?
I believe it was an old Ralph Lauren ad, but it may have been a different brand.
Thank you.
>>
File: rl.jpg (49 KB, 375x749)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Anyone else in Photoshop planning fits?
>>
>>18138308
no, i can just look at the clothes in my closet
>>
File: 044 - 3NXr7wW.jpg (136 KB, 639x444)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>18136179
>I think that leans too "country" worn with a barbour.

nigga a barbour is a country jacket just accept the look and connotations. If you don't want country then buy a town jacket
>>
>>18138400
Historically they were but they seem to be more adaptable now. I see plenty of people wearing them over more typical upscale outfits in EU cities.
>>
>>18138308
No Doug.

And before anyone spazzes out, he posts shit like this on Styleforum. This is a step up, previously he used mspaint.
>>
>>18138400
Nah. People wear them in the city all the time and they look good with urban clothes like blazers. Dont forget mixing different levels of formality and ruggedness is the ivy modus operandi.
Im not a big scarf guy, but i imagine a motif would work. In a light and soft fabric to offset the roughness of the jacket.
>>18138308
If youre not doug i might be curious to see more.
>>
>>18138504
I don't like motif scarves much. I'd be tempted to get a burberry cashmere scarf second hand but I don't like wearing logos and their pattern seems like that.
>>
>>18123144
why would any human step foot in nyc
>>
File: rls.jpg (352 KB, 1705x1886)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>18138504
Sad to be mistaken for that goblin. I'm just fucking around but sure here's a little more.
>>
File: 1717595953238.jpg (290 KB, 990x1237)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Anyone try the OCBDs from wythe? Are they any good? Or should i stick with the jap OCBDs?
https://wythenewyork.com/products/oxford-cloth-button-down-classic-white
>>
can I wear a repp tie with a blue/white stripe OCBD or do the patterns clash too much?
>>
>>18139325
Bro look at any picture of a ivy guys in tire ever. Thats one of the most classic combos there is.
>>18138934
Ive heard theyre good. But i wouldnt pay that much for something made in the 3rd world.
>>
>>18138934
I have the green one and really like it. Beware that their sizing is similarly massive to LL Bean.
>>
File: 177 - sPW0V6j.jpg (215 KB, 1067x1600)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
Bought two of J.Crew's irish linen shirts on sale, lovely material to wear in the summer
>>
>>18139595
want me to suck you off?
>>
>>18138934
>$160.00
>Made in india
That shit is whack
>>
I was in J.Crew earlier today and I have to admit the clothes and mannequins' outfits looked pretty good today. I might go in when they have a sale even though I normally just buy used.
>>
>>18122576
Is Drake's website broken for anyone else?
>>
>>18140290
It seems to be on Firefox, I noticed it too just the other day. I tried accessing it with Edge and it worked.
>>
>>18139733
save your money
>>
This guy can be a goofy goober but I do enjoy this fit ngl. If anyone has more examples of a checked shirt under a sport coat I would be interested in seeing it.
>>
>>18140611
Not a frequent sight but it can look cook.
>>
File: IMG_20240606_191603903_2.jpg (3.23 MB, 2448x3264)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Woooo! Lets break out the fuckin madras boys!
>>
>>18140706
You could always throw on a flannel under your RL skiing suit.
>>
>>18139325
You can, just don't have a third loud pattern in the outfit unless the shirt is almost fully covered.
>>
File: 1717822766614.jpg (40 KB, 473x640)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
ignore the fit, what's wrong with the shirt itself?
>>
File: 1717822886221.jpg (67 KB, 483x640)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>18142075
The back
>>
>>18142075
Collar is too small. It needs to be a bit bigger to have a proper bell shape.
Too short to tuck in without it coming undone constantly.
A baggy/boxy fit is actually fine as long as the cuffs, shoulders, and neck fit well.

Also, this is more esoteric, but look at the position of the second button. The one below the neck button. It's way too high, so even if you dont button the neck, the collar will still be in a mostly closed position. If the second button was lower, the collar would be more relaxed, creating an open V shape that complements the collar's shape. It sounds like a completely niche detail but it actually makes a big difference in the vibe of a shirt (closed shape/formal vs open shape/casual).
>>
>>18142075
this >>18142096 and also colour
>>
Redpill me on short vs long sleeve linen shirt( white one specifically)
My initial idea was that short sleeve one gives young guy on a safari or vacation vibes. And the long sleeve one gives old rich guy vibes
Am i wrong though?
>>
>>18142096
Good shit
>>18142518
Just buy long sleeve and roll up the sleeves
>>
Does "06/11" on the back of the model tag of a barbour refer to the month and year of manufacture?
>>
>>18143297
It's the day and month you will die on
>>
>>18143718
kek
>>
>>18122894
You could check with the seller. Size 34 isn't 34 inches, it's inflated over time
>>
>>18131940
Trunk has quite a few custom makeups from Alden that are fantastic
>>
>>18143718
That can't be right though, because I died on the 21st of March.
>>
would I put doug in his place by going full austin powers?
>>
File: IMG_1688.jpg (125 KB, 1024x1024)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>18127826
>>18127848
>>18128000
>>18128015
I went out and bought a used London Fog mac and I love it. I think it’ll look even better once it gets a little worn out.
>>
I haven’t been into suiting for like 10 years and went through my drawer with a bunch of ties and pocket squares.
Are skinny ties still a thing?
Are floral pattern ties still a thing?
What’s a good place to get toes and pocket squares nowadays
>>
>>18140611
>niggas just found out about macro patterns
>>
>>18139733
They have gone really down hill.
Same with banana republic. I still buy BR just because their stuff fits me well and isn’t terribly expensive but it’s dogshit quality most of the time.
I got a blazer from j crew years ago that I think is pretty nice. It says made in Italy but who knows.
I think it was like $500 in 2015 money IIRC
>>
>>18146343
>They have gone really down hill.
Have you checked them out in the last year or two? They went into bankruptcy and got bought by some PE firm who somehow against all odds decided to start making decent quality clothes and try to revive the brand instead of raping it's corpse for whatever money there was left to extract.
>>
>>18146411
I actually have not but that’s refreshing to learn
>>
>>18146328
Have you tried doing research on your own instead of waiting to be spoonfed by internet randoms ? Why are low tier men so dependent on outside help?
>>
>>18146422
>come to general
>ask question
>anon screeches autistically
Fuck off nigger
>>
File: 1697214535211967.png (641 KB, 922x601)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
whats the name of this suit?
>>
>>18146477
henry
>>
>>18146424
>spoonfeed me
lol
>>
Fuck hot weather
>>
>>18146686
Speaking of hot weather, what undershirts are the best?
I use cotton undershirts by one Czech company but I hate its skinny fit, I sweat in them way too quickly and the cotton holds the sweat smell.
>>
>>18146711
Hey man you can't ask questions here
>>
>>18146328
Full-on skinny ties aren't, no. Of course they never were for this style.
>>
What do you drive?
>>
>>18142075
No collar roll and arms look too slim and short, but nothing else.
>>
>>18139733
J. Crew is the Uniqlo of trad. It’s fine for cheap(er) basics but overall it’s mediocre.
>>
>>18134889
I had a pair of Red Wing Wabashas with the green canvas and they were the best fall/winter boots ever but they gradually got destroyed and Red Wing doesn’t make them anymore. If you can find something in that sort of mocassin style, that usually looks pretty good.
>>
>>18147897
A Subaru Forester covered in bird shit
>>
>>18147901
Yep. They can usually make their stuff look good now but you get what you pay for in terms of material quality, thickness, and stitching.
>>
I've got a cheap pair of aliexpress fatigue trousers. Rather than cuffing or hemming them, I. was thinking about just cutting them to the proper length and getting a more dressed down and frayed look. How bad of an idea is this?
>>
>>18148030
If you want to just them and leave a raw hem it still helps to do a stitch a quarter inch up from the raw edge so they can't fray any further then that
>>
>>18147897
I drive an econobox but I want to drive a 500SL
>>
>>18148006
based I want one when I pass my test. I'd love a Merc 190.
>>
>>18148870
yikes...
>>
How are we feeling about the latest Drake's nig... I mean lookbook?
https://us.drakes.com/blogs/news/the-summer-lookbook
>>
What type of wool is most appropriate for a casual blue blazer within this styel? I'm considering getting a J Press one new or vintage.
>>
>>18149133
Hopsack. Its the classic 3 season fabric.
>>
>>18149131
yikes
>>
>>18144909
can't hurt to try
>>
>>18149309
thanks, I just needed an excuse to live dangerously
>>
File: kollage.jpg (681 KB, 1617x1305)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
Copped some stuff on sale. Top two shirts are for fall, to be worn with a dark brown corduroy sport coat and jeans. The bottom ones I'm also hoping to wear with jeans and the jacket in the pic. Probably with a braided belt in a brown suede and matching loafers.
>>
>>18149131
The fits are nothing mind blowing compared to their best, but above all it just looks smelly.
>>
>>18149131
I dont get their obsession with double denim. Lots of interesting pieces though.
>>18149512
Jeans with a seersucker DB jacket is quite a choice. You're not Ralph Lauren himself you know.
>>
File: IMG_20240615_092705.jpg (1.14 MB, 1399x2238)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>18123774
Another try
>>
File: IMG_7425.jpg (137 KB, 735x958)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>18149761
Ideally I’d have bought a heavy linen one but seersucker was all that was left. My online shopping addiction said to try it. As for it being a DB I’ve actually found them more wearable in my setting than an SB. An SB is kind of the mental image of a formal jacket, whereas a DB is slightly more reminiscent of a peacoat or something, so it benefits from being vaguely outerwear-like. To me they look better with knit t-shirts and crewnecks than SB:s, too.
>>
>>18149842
What the fuck is wrong with men. Why would you ever take a selfie like this and upload it. You look terrified! Is your kidnapper behind the camera, forcing you to put on outfits for him? What could possibly justify that facial expression?
>>
>>18149133
Is Tweed not used in prep blazers? Looking at comparisons the J Press examples in Tweed might look a bit better than the hopsack.
>>
>>18149921
Thats not even a selfie! He looks normal, what are you on about?
>>
>>18150238
Yeah hopsack looks a little too dressy these days.
>>
>>18137685
Anyone please?
>>
>>18150264
lol he looks like he's either trying to mug someone or he's too scared to ask for an extra helping of relish on a burger
>>
File: 1514008131753.jpg (341 KB, 800x1170)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>18150264
That's a terrible picture, and you know it. The lightning is completely fucked, to the point we cannot even clearly see which colors the clothes are.

>>18149842
I'm not a /fa/ggot, but a /fit/izen tourist; the shirt stand out to me by not being a good fit around the waist (hence the extra folds near the belt; a tailor can easily adjust that for a small price), and not ironed.
The way the tie is around the neck seems off, but I don't know shit about that: it just stands out to me, in a negative way.

A fresh haircut and different grooming would probably help, with ideally a lower bodyfat percentage (visible in the face). But that last part is a multi-year project, to be truly sustained.

Keep it up!
>>
>>18149842
>>18150264
Samefag and you can't convince me otherwise
>>
>>18150610
Lol I'm not gonna defend my bad photography skills
>>
>>18150488
I've been trying to get shredded since I was 16. When I weighed 130 lbs (at 5'10") my face still looked like that but with less neck and jaw muscles. Can't get below 17% no matter what I do.
>>
File: 1542342733377.jpg (394 KB, 1812x1018)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>18150718
How old are you actually? "Baby fat" can stick around for a long time. Anyhow, don't overthink that part, I think your current beard is doing a much bigger disservice to you face. Overall you look actually pretty chill, but you do not seem (as others have pointed out) comfortable in this outfit.
>>
File: IMG_20240609_155121.jpg (1.85 MB, 1794x2887)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>>18150789
I am 27 actually. Not posting this pic to brag or boast, I'm much closer to Chris Chan than Arnie physique-wise. This isn't my leanest, but this is pretty lean for me. Any leaner and I lose too much muscle. Maybe it's hormonal, who knows? I played sports in HS btw
>beard
Yeah I'll definitely trim it today if not shave it. I've got a big thing tomorrow, people to meet, people to impress etc.
>you do not seem (as others have pointed out) comfortable in this outfit.
That's just how I look. Yes I am very anxious and stressed, don't ask. I will probably not get anymore comfortable.
>>
>>18133799
I haven't used shampoo in years and my hair is just fine. I also use only the slight suggestion of soap on my armpits, ass and balls (I sud-up a bar of soap in my hands and then let 90% of the suds wash off before scrubbing myself). It seems to me that people who complain of being overly greasy are the same ones who use lots of soap and shampoo on themselves daily. My theory is that your body starts overproducing oils to compensate with being stripped of them every day.

I even use oil based pomade and my hair isn't greasy. No shampoo.
>>
>>18133183
>>18130692
Maybe you're wearing trousers that are too slim and show too much ankle? I know exactly what you mean about how sockless boat shoes can be a very faggy look, but this fellow with wider trousers and no ankle showing is pulling them* off easily. >>18134555
*I don't know what type of shoes he's wearing but they are similar enough, right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.