[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: asd.png (117 KB, 768x432)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Hygiene/skincare General #11

Previous >>18165643

Post your routine, holy grails and strategies to shave balls. Share experience about skincare products and your skin issues

FAQ:
Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips: http://pastebin.com/5QEQgMUp
How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads: http://pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face: http://pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6
How to improve your skin tone through diet: http://pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ
Studies on how diary and sugars create acne: http://pastebin.com/0H5gag01
Dark circles around the eyes: http://pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants and synthetic detergents: http://pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): http://pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:
http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:
http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:
http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
>>
File: 1722022350946.jpg (97 KB, 1500x1500)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>18190810
>thin cotton gloves
>Oh, you can buy these at a pharmacy apparently.
>Though I do like to read my phone in bed a bit, not sure how that will work.
Digg around on eBay or AliExpress and you can find those thin ones people wear at night with the touchscreen material on the fingertips. Ive gotten them before. Fair warning they are probably in women's sizing so don't get smalls.
>>
Interested in more natural products. Is Aleppo Soap good or just a meme?
>>
>>18191132
Thanks, though I figured out a solution. I have a random pen in my basket that has little rubber touch-sensitive nub at the end, so I can use that.
>>
>>18191139
It's a meme
if you want to use it on your body go ahead i guess but i wouldn't use it on your face and you will probably find it somewhat drying on your skin. Might help with some skin conditions i guess
>>
I’m positing my routine, can I have some criticism

I have oily skin btw

AM
Splash water on face
Do stretches while letting face air dry because when I manually dry it with towel my skin gets flakey
Foaming Cleanser (La Roche Posay) air dry
Cerave moisturizer
Air dry
IUNIK Korean SPF 50 sunscreen
PM
Wet face lukewarm water
Air dry
Cleanser
Air dry
Moisturizer
Air dry
>>
You are addicted consumers
>>
>>18191139
whats the reason
>>18191536
maybe just try patting the towel on your face instead of wiping it or get a more gentle one
other than that you good
if you will ever want to make any additions then i would go for retinol
>>
>>18191536
>face air dry because when I manually dry it with towel my skin gets flakey
Air dying is recommended against, gently pat till mostly dry with towel
Since you use a cleanser after anyway i would skip the splashing water entirely
Cleanser, pat face with towel till lightly damp, immediately apply lotion, sunscreen etc while skin is still slightly damp
>>
Is retin-a okay to apply to fordyce spots on forekskin if I moisturize after?
>>
>>18191771
Im not a doctor
>Fordyce spots are completely benign[10] and require no treatment. They occur in 70 to 80 percent of adults.[12]
So the issue is that Fordyce spots lack a duct between the sebatious gland and the surface of the skin. If there was a duct and it was somehow clogged or otherwise blocked causing the bump then there are a number of treatments that could be used to unclog the duct and promote drainage to reduce the size and appearance of the spot.
With no duct its unclear if topical treatments will do much of anything.
I believe the only way to treat it would be to go to a dermatologist and get them lanced but they would come back quickly and im assuming most derms/estheticians won't touch it for a number of reasons, especially on the genitals.
To answer your actual question i suppose you could use retinol on your dick, but you would probably get pretty dramatic redness, peeling and flaking of skin since the skin in that area is so soft and delicate. It probably would also be uncomfortable with some burning and sunburn like sensations.
>>
>>18191053
just wanted to say thanks ive been lurking in these threads for a while and ive been seeing good improvements in my skin thanks to the recommendations
im starting tret wish me luck
>>
File: 1691219905642115.jpg (233 KB, 1038x1288)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
It's arrived
Did I get memed? We shall see
>>
>>18192206
Now cop some liposomal glutathione
>>
File: 1706417375830865.png (50 KB, 1024x782)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
How do I prevent this?
>>
>>18192418
qrd?
>>
What’s the health product can make my skin back to bright and little white
>>
>>18191053
Thoughts on Cancer Council sunscreen?
I'm looking for quality, effective sunscreen that comes in larger volumes so I've been looking a lot at Australian brands (Asian sunscreens all seem to come in like 50ml tubes and I'm not made of money).
If anyone has brand recommendations from anywhere please share, but I would like to get at least 200ml per tube (preferably more).
>>
>>18192487
>not requred to disclose their full ingredients list
What the fuck is wrong with Australians? Guess I'm going back to EU and Asia.
>>
>>18192487 (Me)
>>18192490 (Me)
Thought I'd clarify what I'm looking for:
>sweat/water resistant, I work out and run multiple times a week
>long-lasting, I don't want to be applying more than at absolute most twice in one day (ideally I'd like to apply it before leaving home and have it last until the sun is low enough in the sky not to be a concern anymore)
>good for my skin or at least not bad for it. I'm looking for new-generation chemical filters and would prefer sunscreens with moisturizing and repairing ingredients.
>As I said, large enough volume to last me a while

I do use moisturizer independently of sunscreen and I'm not opposed to getting two sunscreens, one for my face and one for my body.
>>
how viable is thermal water in skincare routines? is there any point in using it whatsoever? looking mostly at avene one. also, someone mentioned to use mineral sunscreen spf50 only, not chemical ones, but i can't really decide which one would be best
>>
File: 1722172075481.jpg (48 KB, 1000x1000)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>18192487
Derma-b everyday sunscreen, 6.7 oz bottle, korean, about $17 a bottle on ebay
It is lightly scented but it's a typical mild sunscreen scent
>>
>>18192777
>someone mentioned to use mineral sunscreen spf50 only, not chemical ones,
If you have darker skin mineral sunscreen is tough.
If you have fair skin it's not too hard to find one that won't make you look like you have goth face paint on
Either look at some YouTube videos ranking mineral sunscreens, or search mineral sunscreen no cast reddit on google and see what the skincare susb suggests, i think they even have some kind of recommended sunscreen list.
If you are really pale you can pretty much use any mineral sunscreen and it won't matter.
Things to consider
Do you need it to be water/sweat proof?
Do you care about nano zinc? If you do you will want to look for ones that advertise using non nano zinc
There are a ton of options for zinc sunscreens and lots of the drugstore brand facial ones are fine, don't feel like you have yo buy fancy expensive ones
>>
>>18192868
>nothing on ingredients list objectionable
>incidecoder page checks out
>modern filters
>reviews claim sweat-resistant so you can run with it
>200 ml bottle
10/10 recommentation, at least for me. Thanks, anon.
>>
I have a small acne breakout on my forehead. I use Cerave blemish control cleanser. opinions? I appreciate you recommending other cleaners.
>>
>>18193183
Some kind of 2% salicylic acid cleanser wouldn't hurt.
You could also consider getting a 2% salicylic acid toner or serum or something you could put on after cleansing instead.
salicylic acid cleansers or serums are best uf you have oilily skin and can be too drying for other skin types.
If you just want a topical spot treatment you could get a 1% or 3% bezol peroxide cream/gel and apply it after you wash your face.
Something like Neutrogena stubborn acne 2.5% benzol peroxide Treatment (don't over apply, use a very small amount)
Are you currently using a cleanser or moisturizer? Do you have any kind of existing skincare routine? Would you say your skin is oilily, dry or mixed?
>>
>>18191053
Can I get some general opinons on Avene? I'm looking over some of their skincare line and they look great in terms of ingredients, and both consumer and professional reviews seem to speak highly of them.
I have dry-ish skin, and I'm willing to shell out a bit more money for better products.
>>
>>18192870
thank you lots
>Do you care about nano zinc?
i don't really know anything about nano zinc so i have no idea honestly
>>
What is the likelihood of not wiping my face during a workout giving me acne?i shower after workouts, but don't wipe with a clean towel during.
>>
While we're on the topic of sunscreen: Is there a guide to what kind of concentrations of active ingredients I would want? Or is it way more complicated than I'm thinking because of how they interact?
i.e. obvious 0.1% avobenzone won't protect shit, but how about 3%? Or 9%? Should I split my ingredients up by UVA, UVB, and Broad Spectrum and add up their respective percentages?
>>
I used to buy a very cheap BHA product
It came in a red box and there was a small plastic tub which contained BHA soaked pads
Anyway know what this was? Also is BHA any good?
>>
>>18192418
NAC is good enough
>>
How do i get rid of nasolabial folds? Weirdly itd only noticeable on the left side of my face
>>
>>18193594
Stridex Max Strength
>>
>>18193738
Thanks a lot, that's exactly it
>>
>>18193213
Thank you.
I have oily skin.
Very simple routine, I only wash my face in the morning and at night.
I only use these two products:
>Cerave blemish control cleanser (Contains salicylic acids)
>Cerave Blemish Control Gel with AHA and BHA.
>In the morning I use sunscreen.
I don't use moisturizer because I have oily skin, but maybe this is a mistake. Please recommend me a moisturizer if you think it is appropriate.
>Neutrogena stubborn acne 2.5% benzol peroxide Treatment
I will try to buy this product.
This one seems to be difficult to buy in Europe, any alternatives?
>>
>>18193810
As far as your current routine and products you use i think you have a pretty appropriate acne routine. I do think the next step is to try a benzoyl peroxide topical or maybe using a retinol product.
For moisturizer something lightweight might be good to include. In theory maybe adding a moisturizer will make you body produce less oil overtime but it depends a lot on individual biology.
Something like cerave pm facial moisturizer (yes you can use it during the day too, apply a tiny amount before sunscreen) or aveno oat gel moisturizer, elf holy hydration gel yeah, Neutrogena hydroboost water gel (look for the fragrance free version)
>This one seems to be difficult to buy in Europe, any alternatives?
Just look for any benzoyl peroxide cream or gel, but i would suggest trying to find one that is 1% - 3% concentration. I know Europe has a lot that are closer to 10% and those can be very harsh and drying.
For the benzoyl peroxide i would use it in the am assuming you are using that CeraVe blemish control gel at night. You can apply a small pea sized amount across your whole face if you are dealing with frequent acne in multiple different places or you can apply a rice grain size amount only to specific problem areas if your acne is contained to one place.
The BP will cause some dryness especially in the first week or two of use so that's another reason a moisturizer might come in handy.
If after using BP for 4+ months or more you are still struggling with acne consider swapping out the CeraVe blemish gel in your routine with a retinol product.
>>
>>18193810
>>18193907
Oh yeah and benzoyl peroxide will bleach clothes if you get some on your shirt, it will bleach towels etc. not a big deal with the creams because they shouldn't be going everywhere but the BP face washes can make a huge mess if you don't know that ahead of time.
>>
>>18193907
>>18193910
Thank you.
I will try the Cerave PM moisturizer.
I will look for a cream with 2-3% benzoyl peroxide.
I will follow the advice. Thank you.
>>
>>18193910
>>18194106
you need a prescription for prescription medicine in the first world
>>
how do i even out my skintone? i dont have much of an issue with acne but i do have a lot of post acne marks and its just generally uneven
my routine if needed:
>AM
wash face with benzoyl peroxide cleanser in the shower
rub ice on my face
moisturize
sunscreen if going outside
>PM
native facial cleanser
retinol serum
exfoliant every other day
moisturize
>>
File: 1434108763584.gif (282 KB, 500x402)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
How do you clean your ears and how often do you do it?
>>
I have little bumps appearing on my forehead randomly after I sweat, and then there’s bumps filled with white stuff under my eyes, is that from not cleaning my skin/pores? t. skincare noob using absolutely nothing besides baby lotion when I sometimes have dermatitis outbreaks on my cheeks
>>
>>18194449
The ones under your eyes are called milla
There are some things you can do to kind of help them go away faster but the only way to get rid if them all at once is to have a professional drain them with a sharp blade
>>
File: 1714853438989983.jpg (299 KB, 1082x1086)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Aging is the worst thing in the world
>>
Please rate my routine guys. I have an oily skin type in a hot and humid climate.

AM
Cleanse
Centella Ampoule
Moisturise
Sunscreen
5% Benzoyl Peroxide (if there are breakouts)

PM
Cleanse
2% BHA (once every 3 days)
Centella Ampoule
Moisturise
>>
>>18194106
bp is oc i use 2% bc it works for me and doesnt fuck up your skin. but it has to get used to it. worth it. pretty solid advise from the other anon
>>
I don't if it belongs here but I'll ask
There's a part of my scalp that always feels tense, itchy and is the part where I get pimples sometimes. It's all around my hair crown. Should I be worried? I have dry hair initially but this part feels extra dry. What should I do?
>>
is it true that moustrizer + sunscreen + cleanser + retinol 90% of skincare routine?

im newbie about skincare. there are lots of products and i dunno what should i add to my routine?
>>
>>18194942
yes, you should have a base routine that you'll use to bring your skin to its healthy moisturized BASE level with healthy moisture barrier, when you achieve that you can look into beneficial actives
first of all, some actives might irritate the shit of your skin if it's in an unhealthy state while being completely benign when you apply it to healthy moisturized skin
second, if you'll try an active that will irritate you, you'll have a routine to fall back on and regroup and bring your skin back to normal
third, if you're only starting out 15- steps routine might overwhelm and make you despise it and stop completely, there's a reason the KISS principle exists
>>
what the fuck do i do with acne
recommend me some products
>>
>>18193608
NAC was fucking with my heart really badly and later i found studies that basically confirmed it was not an isolated case do not do that
>>
>>18195457
cleanser moisturizer and sunscreen. pick the nicest looking drugstore brands and if they dont work for you pick different ones
>>
>>18191053
I have a completely standard routine:

AM:
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Sunscreen (every day, even if I'm not going out)

PM:
Cleanser
Moisturizer

I want to incorporate exfoliation and retinol into my routine but I don't want to obliterate my skin by going too harsh too quick. I'm thinking chemical exfoliation 3x a week and work my way up to retinol daily (I'd be applying it at night to minimize sun exposure).

How bad really is the sunburn risk when using retinol? Do I need to go harder on the sunscreen than I already do? Or start applying it multiple times daily?
My current sunscreen is Purito Soft Touch Daily SPF 50+, has Uvinal A/T and Tinosorb S/M. I'm aware of Purito's SPF scandal a few years back, they stepped up and submit their sunscreens for third party tests vountarily now, and the government of South Korea also stepped up to do post-consumer testing.
>>
File: file.png (1.16 MB, 1500x1125)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>18195460
FUCK
Bacne
like my fucking back
it's so fucking bad, 2x worse than picrel i got off google
>>
>>18195459
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C26&q=NAC+heart&btnG=
Can't find anything did you have some more specific
>>
>>18195468
aha or bhas or maybe even pha or whatever the other one is. try a normal salicylic acid bodywash and if that doesn't work start looking into different chemical exfoliators. also make sure when washing your hair to thoroughly rinse all shampoo/conditioner out of your hair and off your body.
>>
>>18195472
how am i supposed to get BHA on my entire back?
>try a normal salicylic acid bodywash
i want to, recommendations? im in europe i dont want to spend more than like $20
>>
>>18195468
accutane
>>
>>18195477
no fuck off
>>
>>18195478
You have no choice c
>>
>>18195490
im not getting laid either way so i could just ignore it
>>
>>18191053
why do i get hyper-pigmentation after a pimple dies out, these pigmentations sometimes last weeks and months on end, i tried stopping using retinol because i thought it made my skin sensitive but that changed nothing, i ALWAYS wear spf 50 btw and dont go out everyday, so its not like iam frying my skin, its gotten so annoying at this point
>>
File: IMG_20240731_131440.jpg (3.57 MB, 3072x4096)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
>>18191139
It's great. But I'm using the superior French version.
>>
My skin is trash, my nose has like greasy bumps on it, help?
No not taking a pic
>>
File: 20240731_160658.jpg (683 KB, 2188x1474)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
Is skin like this on my forehead a sign of dehydration or another skin issue? What should I do? 29y/o wagie
>>
>>18196065
Youre about to wall, its so over
>>
>>18196085
Womp womp I guess
>>
>>18196065
More details;
I wash my face twice a day and use cerave retinol at night. I also use face masks for exfoliation and e45 cream in the morning after washing.
>>
All moisturizers I use leave my skin greasy looking. Sometimes it's like it never absorbs into my skin, and if it does, it lasts for 10 minutes before my skin looks greasy again. I make sure not to use too much. I have used Cerave, La Posay Roche and similar products. I tried to use products for oily skin, despite being told I have dry/very dry skin, and it made my skin red and it burned. It was like Cerave free of perfume, alcohol and all that other shit so no idea why I got a reaction like that.
What should I do?
>>
>>18191053
If I use a sunscreen that leaves my face shiny, wait half an hour for it to set, and then dab off the shine with a piece of toilet paper, am I removing sun protection? Or just residue?
>>
My nose is full of sebacous hylerplasia
What do?
>>
>>18192206
good luck anon
>>18192430
get products/procedures that stimulate collagen production
>>18192533
maybe sunscreen for mountaineering
>>18192777
>how viable is thermal water in skincare routines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7563194/
if you care enough there are products like cleansers or moisturizers that already have that as first ingredients so i wouldnt bother with a dedicated thermal water product
>>18193183
for washes, check out benzoyl peroxide cleanser or one with salicylic acid. i would go a little further as cleansers only stay a minute at most on your face and get something like benzoyl peroxide or azelaic acid cream. or spot treatment like effaclar duo. or retinoids. or go to derm for mupirocin ointment
>>18193421
id say not much difference but should be taken care of in a timely manner after workout
>>18193587
was researching similar problem the other day but recently had no time
>>18193638
>How do i get rid of nasolabial folds?
procedure + anti-aging routine, but it will probably reduce it at most anyway
>>18193810
>I don't use moisturizer because I have oily skin, but maybe this is a mistake
it is a mistake
>Please recommend me a moisturizer if you think it is appropriate.
cerave PM or whatever other anon recommended
also it if gets worse consider going to derm, you might get epiduo which is adapalene + benzoyl peroxide (2,5%)
>>18194368
>how do i even out my skintone?
make sure your products have niacinamide
add vitamin c serum like timeless or geek and gorgeous (dont get unstable 2% bullshit serums)
consider derma rolling
>>18194392
using fingers (some doc told me i shouldnt use qtips) every morning
>>18194715
i would use BP before sunscreen
routine is okay but not sure what your goals are so cant really recommend anything
>>18194931
get less harsh shampoo or use conditioner to see if it helps with itching
if you still get pimples go see a professional, he needs to establish root cause
>>
>>18194942
>is it true that moustrizer + sunscreen + cleanser + retinol 90% of skincare routine?
for healthy people, yes. for people with skin issues, not necessarily
>there are lots of products and i dunno what should i add to my routine?
what are your skin issues and goals if any?
>>18195457
check your diet and everyday habits (like dont use hot water)
cleanser, moisturizer with niacinamide, sunscreen, retinoids
azelaic acid or benzoyl peroxide
or just go to derm
>>18195463
>chemical exfoliation
do you mean aha, bha or something else
>How bad really is the sunburn risk when using retinol?
you are fine with your current sunscreen. if you sweat a lot or have other environment factors then id apply twice to be safe. you might be interested in a pocket mirror with uv camera to see how long your sunscreen lasts
>>18195468
if its worse than pic its either hormonal or your diet is bad
>>18195473
nta but salicylic wash from cerave
neutrogena has salicylic wash as well for the body i think
>>18195532
post full routine
>>18195532
>why do i get hyper-pigmentation after a pimple dies out
sometimes id be like that. is it any better in colder seasons?
>>18196055
checked
are these sebaceous filaments?
if it does not wash off, consider double cleansing with cleansing oil and salicylic acid wash after
or epiduo
>>18196166
checked
>wash my face twice a day
with what?
post full routine with products
why are you not moisturizing after retinol?
>>18196180
>I have used Cerave, La Posay Roche and similar products
post exact products. they have a lot of moisturizers
for oily skin it is recommended to use something lightweight and oil free. if your skin burned then try it on other part of the body - maybe you had allergic reaction to niacinamide or maybe your face is too sensitive because of other products you use (do you?)
>>18196238
>am I removing sun protection?
if its physical sunscreen, yes
if chemical, not so much
>>18196246
see a derm. or get procedure. retinoids could help too
>>
What's a good Asian or Western moisturizer for normal to combo skin? EU or YesStyle.
>>
God dammit
I tried the Amazon Basics brand 5 blade razor cartridges... I was already happy using the 3 blade version, but someone on /adv/ recommended the 5 blade. They're fucking awful! It's a good thing they're cheap so I didn't waste a lot of money, but holy shit what awful shaves.
>>
>>18196369
>do you mean aha, bha or something else
I am a complete exfoliation noob, but I was looking at AHA and BHA exfoliants. My skin type is either mildly dry or the dry side of normal. My primary concern is reducing the appearance of my pores and my forehead wrinkles/lines. Based on my initial research it looks like I want an exfoliant that has both (if I'm being a retard tell me).

I have a solid moisturizer and my sunscreen is also moisturizing/protecting so I'm not afraid to go a little stronger with my exfoliants. What does worry me is whether doing retinol on my exfoliation days might be too rough for my skin. I'm thinking maybe I could exfoliate in the morning and retinol at night so they're spaced apart as much as possible.

I'm a dude and don't wear makeup, if that's relevant.
>>
>>18196383
I'm also a retinol noob btw.
I know I'm supposed to introduce these things slowly, my plan was exfoliate 3x a week, and once I'm confident it's well-tolerated and I've got a product I like, introduce retinol maybe 2x a week (on non-exfoliating days) and over the course of a few weeks or months work my way up to daily retinol, assuming no adverse effects.

I'm trying to learn and do things right, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>18195532
>why do i get hyper-pigmentation after a pimple dies out
This is incredibly common and happens to lots of people
>>
>>18196383
Retinol does a good bit of exfoliation on its own. If you want to add some exfoliation get the aveno tone and texture daily renewing lotion (its like 4% pha) and use that instead of your regular moisturizer at night one or two nights a week. PHA is an acid exfoliator but its much more mild than AHA so it's less likely to dry your skin and cause irritation.
Hold off on the aha until you have gotten used to retinol, stepped up your retinol dose and gotten used to that as well. Again with retinol you may find you get all the exfoliation you need.
I would skip the bha entirely if you don't have oily skin.
AHA can be use with retinol but again you want to up your retinol dose first and make sure your skin is very used to it before you start messing around with AHAs. Maybe try a mandelic acid aha instead of glycolic acid, mandelic acid doesn't penetrate as deeply into the skin as glycolic acid so it's more mild and less irritating.
Another thing you could consider instead of adding acuds to your routine is getting a 10%-20% azelaic acid cream and using that in the mornings. It pairs well with retinol and also increases skin turnover, so it will get you that exfoliating effect without going for the stronger acids.
My recommendation would probably be trying the azelaic acid if it's available over the counter where you live. You could start that right away. It does butn initially when you apply it that is totally normal and decreases over time so don't let it surprise you It's kind of a pleasing sensation desu.
>>
>>18196402
>It does butn initially when
It does sting initially when you apply it
>>
>>18196402
>Again with retinol you may find you get all the exfoliation you need.
I appreciate this tip.
I'll look into the azelaic acid creams, and get one if I'm still interested once I'm fully used to retinol.
If I can get everything I want with just retinol (and it sounds like I can) I'm very happy to save the money.

So my routine will end up looking like:

AM
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Sunscreen

PM
Cleanser
Retinol
Moisturizer

I have no skin conditions and I'm not acne-prone. I guess I really don't need more?
>>
>>18196408
>So my routine will end up looking like:
Same as mine desu
>I guess I really don't need more?
Yeah, keep it simple
>>
>>18196372
anything oil free and lightweight
cerave pm, neutrogena hydroboost fragrance free
>>18196381
i also learned that the hard way
the 2 blade gilette skinguard cartridges are best for me
it was a miracle for me after the 5 blade ones
>>18196383
>reducing the appearance of my pores
yeah that would be bha (meaning salicylic acid)
also check out these if you have time. i post these in every thread so sorry for spam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdxhw9fCkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAveYddVE8s
>forehead wrinkles/lines
AHA in high concentration specifically glycolic acid (which is not the best for dry skin) can help stimulate collagen production but i would focus on retinoids first
>Based on my initial research it looks like I want an exfoliant that has both
cosrx has bha+aha toner i think if you really want to go that way
>not afraid to go a little stronger with my exfoliants
note that glycolic acid is the most harsh. glycolic acid toners are usually 5-7%. this will prepare you for "stronger" exfoliant like the ordinary 30% aha 2% bha if you want end game exfoliation in the future but dont bother with it yet
but again considering you have dry skin i would start mild retinoid instead
>doing retinol on my exfoliation days might be too rough for my skin
you should alternate between retinoids and AHA exfoliator. the usual is actually retinoids 5 times a week and exfoliate 2 times a week
>maybe I could exfoliate in the morning and retinol at night so they're spaced apart as much as possible.
you could give it a try but definetely not in the beginning. i have quite tough skin but it irritates easily when i do the ordinary 30% exfoliator for 15 minutes in the morning and then tazarotene in the pm. something like that can easily fuck up any skin
>>18196408
good, report back in a few months, reassess your needs and you will go from there
>>
Are oral collagen supps a meme for skincare?
>>
>>18196426
>the 2 blade gilette skinguard cartridges are best for me
>it was a miracle for me after the 5 blade ones
Well, I had used the Gillette 5 blade cartridges fine, they're just so damn expensive, so I wanted to try some alternatives. I thought the Amazon 5 blade ones would be comparable... lol fuck no. Idk if it's the blade or the angle or what... but they were either not shaving close enough or flaying off a layer of skin.
>>
>>18196454
No
>>
I have one last retinol question:
I know I'm supposed to (and I will) ease into it, starting at 2x weekly and progress as my tolerance grows. My question is, how bad is it if I just leap straight to the highest-strength retinoid I can get my hands on OTC?
>>
>>18196575
>last
I lied. I also want to get rid of the milia under my eyes but I understand that that skin is more sensitive (and many retinoid products seem to say don't apply it around eyes). Should I just cope with physically exfoliating that area when I cleanse?
>>
Any critique on this routine?

Morning
Melano CC Serum
PURITO Oat-in Calming Gel Cream
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel

Night
Hada-Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Bubble Face Wash
Melano CC Serum
SANA Nameraka Honpo Eye Cream N
PURITO Oat-in Calming Gel Cream
>>
Do closed comedones go away on their own? How long does that take?
>>
>>18196664
>Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel
Contains ethanol, which dries and irritates the skin. I avoid ethanol and it boggles my mind that so many Japanese sunscreens have it.
You could check out a sunscreen like Innisfree Aqua Water Drop Sunscreen (contains fragrance though. Allegedly Korean fragrance isn't bad like Western fragrance but worth noting) or Round Lab Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen (only has two filters, but they are Uvinul A Plus and Tinosorb S, both of which are great next-gen filters which combined cover the whole UV range).

You can also check incidecoder and look up good sunscreen filters such as Uvinul A Plus and check out their list of products containing it, or use a search engine.
>>
>>18196575
>highest-strength retinoid I can get my hands on OTC?
So like some 0.3% retoniol thing? I worked up to using it everyday over a week. I had acne for a bit but now nothing adverse at all. 1.5 months on I've had to people tell me my skin looks smoother, but I think that's just because I started using cerave AM every day which fills in my acne scarring a bit.
>>
>>18196948
I'm not sure how it is where you live but I've had no problem finding OTC products that are 1% retinol.
I'm pretty sure Byrdie is an American website and they recommended Dermalogica Retinol Serum, which is 3.5%.
>>
>>18196664
>SANA Nameraka Honpo Eye Cream N
Eye creams are a waste of money. You can just use any light moisturizer.

I would ditch the Vit C serum from PM and replace it with a retinol serum such as The Ordinary Retinal 0.2% Emulsion. Otherwise a solid routine.
>>
>>18196712
It's possible they go away on their own, but not always. Can take weeks or months.

>salicylic acid
>benzoyl peroxide
>retinoids
>>
Any good retard-proof guide for shaving? I don't know what to buy.
>>
is there a way to perma cure my oily nose as an asian or in general? always get oily nose during the day when walking in town and it bothers me
>>
>>18197576
I assume it's a case of picking one of those options. What's a good Salicylic Acid product? Are we talking about a serum?
>>
>>18198176
You can try all of them and see which works best for you. Benzoyl peroxide is considered the most effective topical acne treatment, then salicylic acid, and retinoids are the least effective.

>What's a good Salicylic Acid product? Are we talking about a serum?
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant is the best I've tried.
>>
>>18198176
The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% has been really good for me.
Careful tho, it's also really strong, you may not react to it very well.
>>
File: prequelcleanser.jpg (185 KB, 1980x1980)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
How are these new prequel products? Anyone use them?
>>
Is it ok to use the Dove soap bars on your face?
I've been avoiding using any kind of soap on my face for a while, because it seemed to cause too much dryness. But that was before I switched to the Dove bars (I use the Sensitive bars). And with it now being summer, and me sweating a lot more when I exercise, I'm starting to wonder if I need to do something more than rinse with water. I'm seeing some red blotchiness around my neck, face, and scalp... and I'm hoping it's not some kind of fungus...
I have used the Cerave SA Cleanser on my face, but that was too harsh for daily use I think. It seemed to make my skin too sensitive, like it was removing too many layers.
>>
File: 20240803_182519.jpg (48 KB, 1464x1514)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
feels a bit random and ill replace the retinol cream with a $5 prescribed trentonin once it runs out. This is my average skin texture, I wish I could get rid of the redness and some parts have a very harsh texture. I worked outdoors in the sun a lot for years.

>wake up
>work out
>cetaphil daily cleanser
>cerave daily moisturizing
>neutrogena invisible daily sunscreen
>go about my day

>afternoon
>ordinary niacinamide + Hyaluronic Acid

>night
>cerave retinol resurfacing cream

occasionally microneedle stamp (3+ weeks between application) and tried out red light too which I feel like was a big meme
thoughts?
>>
>>18191053
is 29 too late to start skincare? I have avoided sun for most of my life so thankfully no wrinkles yet
>>
>>18192430
Hyalucronic Acid
Micro Needling
Red light therapy
Retinol
Avoid sun/wear SPF for prevention
Acid peels
>>
>>18194942
Yes, in fact the SPF and Retinol are actually doing most of the work. They are the only things that have scientifically been proven to prevent and reduce wrinkles
>>
>>18199303
>Is it ok to use the Dove soap bars on your face?
It's probably fine, those are super mild so they shouldn't dry out your skin or excessively strip it.
>>
>>18191053
How good is the following routine for an 18 year old?
Morning:
Cerave hydrating cleanser
50 spf sunscreen

Night:
Double cleanse with normal soap and the hydrating cleanser
0.5% retinol
>>
>>18199895
The double cleanse doesn't seem necessary unless you feel like you need it
>>
>>18199901
Cool, i just read on some forum that I'll have to double cleanse when using that specific cleanser.
Also is it okay to not moisturise at all if my skin doesnt feel dry?
>>
Looking to start taking care of my face now that I'm in my mid 20s (male if that matters). I don't get breakouts anymore outside of the occasional pimple but I have a lot of acne scars from my teenage years. I don't mind them that much but it would be nice for them to be less noticeable over time so I'm looking for a simple routine for my oily skin that's easy to stick to

AM:
Clean with water, Roche Posey Anthelios 50 sunscreen if I'm going out

PM:
Cerave foaming cleanser, Cerave PM facial moisturizer
>>
>>18199904
if you use an oil cleanser you have to follow it up with a normal cleanser (double cleansing) but you can just not use the oil cleanser
>>
Can I get some examples of occlusive ingredients? Humectants and Emollients make sense to me and sites like incidecoder are very helpful for identifying them in products, but it doesn't seem to mention occlusives. The only ones I've identified are petroleum jelly (which I'm not interested in) and shea butter (which is also an emollient, and is in the moisturizer I use).
Also how important, really, are occlusives? I assume very important if I live in a dry climate.
>>
Morning: Cerave Cleanser in shower, AM moisturizer after
Night: Retinol + very light application of PM

I just ran out of the low concentration retinol I got as a starter. What is the best high concentration retinol available online without prescription? My skin is not sensitive or acne prone now, and the goal is acne scarring reduction (had acne in my teens).
>>
>>18199895
you shouldn't be using normal soap, just use the cleanser
>>
File: 1722784630312.jpg (73 KB, 1200x1200)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>18199895
>Double cleanse with normal soap and the hydrating cleanser
Swap out the normal soap with kose softymo speedy cleansing oil assuming you can get it locally for less then $15 a bottle.
Apply cleansing oil to dry skin with dry hands, massage in for a minute or two, then wet hands and lather it on your face, then rinse off and follow with you normal facial cleanser.
Otherwise your routine sounds good.
Make sure you are applying enough sunscreen, most people don't. Look up a YouTube video or something showing how much you should apply
>>
>>18199931
>so I'm looking for a simple routine for my oily skin that's easy to stick to
So far so good. There are a few things you could do to try and combat hyperpigmentation from old acne.
If you can get azelaic acid 15% or 20% cream where you live without a prescription you could add that to your morning routine.
There is also good molecules discoloration correcting serum which is reasonably cheap. That would be something you use instead of azelaic acid again in the mornings.
https://www.goodmolecules.com/products/discoloration-correcting-serum
Since you already use sunscreen you could consider adding retinol to your nighttime routine, that can both help with pigmentation and also for general anti aging and anti wrinkle effects, makes a big difference long term.
Also like i said to the other poster make sure you apply enough sunscreen, most people don't, watch a video about it or find a blog post or something explaining how much to use. I think doing the two fingers method, letting that sit for a minute and then doing another two fingers is a good baseline minimum but you could do 3 fingers instead.
>>
>>18199969
>I just ran out of the low concentration retinol I got as a starter. What is the best high concentration retinol available online without prescription? My skin is not sensitive or acne prone now, and the goal is acne scarring reduction (had acne in my teens).
Try the ordinary retinol in squalane. Start with a bottle of .5% then consider moving up to 1% afterwards.
Or just start buying 0.025% tret from skinorac or some other overseas pharmacy site.
>>
I wish I could stop picking at my skin and facial hair...
>>
>>18200287
Is a prescription required to get tret from legitimate pharma companies?
>>
>>18199963
https://coveyskin.com/blogs/news/humectant-vs-emolliant-vs-occlusive
No idea if this site is a good source or not but the list it gives seems to check out.
When you're checking sites like incidecoder look for keywords like "coating" "creates a barrier", etc. Words that you would expect to relate to occlusives. It's a little inconvenient that it apparently doesn't explicitly name occlusives but it is what it is.
>>
>>18200462
Depends on where you live but usually.
In the US you can just get a free telemedicine prescription from a site like curolology and then will then sell you tret for i think $40 for a two months supply.
Im cheap so ii just buy it from overseas pharmacy sites. Never had any problems with importing tret and i pay like $6-8 a tube.
>>
I have an extremely oily t-zone. Like wet and thick. I always thought this was just cause I didn't wash my face at all, but now that I've started doing it, I've noticed my t-zone gets immediately slimed with oil in literally just 2-3 hours. My diet is fine, don't eat high fat or greasy foods, and I drink nothing but water.

I started using cerave cleanser, first the non-foaming one and now the foaming one, neither one made a difference. I figured maybe it was cause I wasn't moisturizing so I started doing that too, but it changed nothing whether I did it or not. Every time I go to take a piss I check the mirror and my forehead is soaked, like it leaves my finger wet and slimy. I take a paper towel and pat it gently, and I check when I do that but that still leaves it feeling moist, just not slimy and wet, which is fine. But then when i come back a few hours later to take another piss its completely wet again. It never stops.

Do I just have fucked genes and am cursed to have to wash my face every 2 hours? Or is there something I'm missing? I already have a dermatology appointment but of course that's months away.
>>
File: 1711988393305142.jpg (62 KB, 791x791)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I have been told this is the only vitamin C serum that actually works for anti-aging and that's why it's $180
Is it true?
>>
How do I use a clay mask qnd what would be a good moisturizer to use afterwards? In the morning I use cerave foaming cleanser and Cetaphil oil control moisturizer and it does a good job of controlling my oily face.
>>
>>18200822
You definitely have bad genes but you should try benzoylperoxide. Supposedly it shrinks pores - I don't know about that, but it has made my face comfortably drier.
>>
>>18201025
https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1d89dsf/product_question_how_long_does_the_skinceuticals/
>>
>>18196454
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.15700
https://www.semanticscholar.org/reader/2ad656540e82fbed36fa96861ecbb25772a6b998
>>18196575
>how bad is it if I just leap straight to the highest-strength retinoid I can get my hands on OTC?
our body prefers gradual change. does not matter if its skincare, diet, exercise etc
worst case scenario you will get a lot of skin irritation, redness, your skin will be peeling off and most likely you wont be able to use it very often due to above. another thing is that you may simply get discouraged
if its your first retinol get cerave, neutrogena or olay. then get adapalene and/or tret/tazarotene
>>18196581
retinol, epiduo and tazarotene did not do anything to my milia over the 13 months period. i think it should be removed through some kind of procedure
>>18196664
ditch eye cream
replace vit c in pm with a retinoid
if your sunscreen contains alcohol (there are too many versions and formulations of this to remember), get something else
>>18196712
depends
start double cleansing, cleansing oil + salicylic acid wash if your skin can tolerate that and is not super sensitive
consider a derm visit in order to get epiduo (worked well for mine, reduced by 30-50% in 6 months)
>>18197803
maybe use sweat blocker/deo on your nose lol, jk
pretend to blow your nose while you remove excess oil. use wet tissues if needed
>>18198176
>What's a good Salicylic Acid product?
something from your local company that is cheap since it does not need to be super expensive. if there is none, consider cosrx or the ordinary products
>>18198677
this is not a good recommendation for someone who is looking for a salicylic acid product
its like saying cerave resurfacing retinol serum is great if you are looking for niacinamide product
>>18199303
if you dont want to use cleanser then dove is "okay"
>I'm seeing some red blotchiness around my neck, face, and scalp... and I'm hoping it's not some kind of fungus...
could be number of reasons
>>
>>18199577
checked
>ordinary niacinamide + Hyaluronic Acid
ditch these, niacinamide is already in your retinol and probably moisturizer. hyaluronic acid is already there too, no need for a dedicated product.
also the ordinary 10% niacinamide is just too much and can cause irritation. all clinical trial data on niacinamide is in 2-5% concentration or similar
>>18199630
>is 29 too late to start skincare?
why would you think that?
>>18199895
id add moisturizer lol
double cleanse with oil cleanser and water based cleanser, not with soap
>>18199904
moisturizer is also about protection not only fixing dryness. but if its too many steps for you then dont
>>18199931
>acne scars from my teenage years
are these hyperpigmentation or atrophic scars
>>18199963
>occlusive ingredients
squalane or certain oils like argan, jojoba or hipseed for example
>how important, really, are occlusives?
the more you see your skin peeling off (or the more exfoliating products you use), the more moisturizing you need
slugging with petrolatum jelly after applying some oils and moisturizer is probably the final boss of moisturizing
>>18199969
>What is the best high concentration retinol available online without prescription?
heavily depends on where you live. this is also controlled by a law. but if you want to go for 1% retinol from the ordinary i would consider adapalene or tret instead as they are less irritating while more effective
>>18200450
this is psychological, search for this topic on youtube or somewhere
>>18200822
checked
>my t-zone gets immediately slimed with oil in literally just 2-3 hours.
this is fully expected in oily skin type or t-zone
what moisturizer did you use. did it contain niacinamide? because it helps
does you hair/scalp get greasy too?
i also hope you dont use hot water when you wash your face or when taking shower because it makes it worse
consider a salicylic acid product.
for me vitamin c serum reduces oiliness by 90%
>>
>>18201597
>what moisturizer did you use
cerave cream
>does you hair/scalp get greasy too?
Yes but I have a medicated shampoo for that + my conditioner keeps it in check. It doesn't get nearly as greasy nearly as fast as my t-zone does now that I'm using these two things.
>i also hope you dont use hot water when you wash your face or when taking shower because it makes it worse
Warm, I guess. I rinse my face with cold water when I remember to.

I was thinking about getting an astringent because I actually do have really noticeably huge pores.
>>
>>18201597
>are these hyperpigmentation or atrophic scars
mostly atrophic but there are some small areas of hyperpigmentation
>>
>>18201604
>cerave cream
if you mean the big jar then i think it does not have any niacinamide. consider moisturizer that has it like cerave pm. it is also lightweight and oil free which is ideal for oily type skin. check out previous thread as there were more recommendations i think
>Yes but I have a medicated shampoo for that + my conditioner keeps it in check. It doesn't get nearly as greasy nearly as fast as my t-zone does now that I'm using these two things
i was recommended once an otc shampoo for dandruff by a derm in my teens. she told me to get it foaming in my hands and put the foam on my face for 5 minutes instead. it actually helped a little.
i have no idea what shampoo you have or if its harsh but maybe you could try that too. it goes on face less or more anyway when you wash your hair so i dont think it would be super problematic. if its harsh then make it a minute, then two etc. or ask your doc about that. might be worth a try
>I was thinking about getting an astringent because I actually do have really noticeably huge pores
yeah that could help. also take a look at the pore care youtube videos from tina on youtube i posted earlier if you want. hope it helps
>>18201608
>atrophic
this usually calls for procedure called derma rolling
if you prefer topical products instead then id suggest adding retinoids, azelaic acid/benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid peels. look for anything that stimulates collagen production.
my atrophic scars got ~50% reduced after using 3 bottles of geek&gorgeous vitamin c serum (about 5 months of usage) and various retinoids before and during that time. im not sure if it will work for everyone though as it really depends on the scars
>>
>>18200822
Try a salicylic acid face wash
Try a salicylic acid toner or other leave on topical applit
Try a 5% or less niacinamide serum, this can reduce sebum production over time
Try using retinol or tretinoin, this can reduce sebum production over time
Try a mattifying foundation, powder whatever, this can soak up some of the shit your face spits out and keep you from looking greasy as fast
>>
What's your opinion on red Stridex pads (2% salicylic acid)?
>>
>>18201787
It's a pad with 2% SA on it
If you have greasy skin and or acne you can wipe your face with it after you use a cleanser and before you put anything else on and it will help remove oils and maybe break up blackheads / whiteheads a bit, also maybe it will help reduce acne depending on what causes yours.
Probably one of the cheapest ways to get 2% SA wipes especially if you buy online.
>>
saw a balding, pale white male with glasses cross in front of my car to sephora put his hand on the door shake his head and then turn around 180 and cross in front of my car again and leave without ever going in
was that one of (you)
>>
Is cerave pm facial moisturizer good for an oily face after washing and a mask?
>>
File: 2198217571_847124.png (1.01 MB, 1000x669)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Is this acne or just scarring?
What's the best way to get rid of this?
I also have it all over my back and the top of my chest
I've never been self conscious of it before but I'm going to fashion school in a month and I'm trying to clean myself up because I've never liked my body before and I'm trying to fix that :)
>>
>>18203435
Forgot to mention I've tried using clearasil and micellar water, but it didn't have much effect
>>
>>18191053 someone please help, I’ve had this shit on my face for years I finally got rid of it with accutane a year ago, but It came back due to bad lifestyle choices ( junk food and bad sleep, I got rid of them dw) I can’t go back on accutane bc I don’t have the money + military. Pics are cheeks and forehead, some are bumps and some are just red pigmentation. No puss but filled with blood when popped. PLZ help 19M
>>
File: IMG_0060.jpg (628 KB, 2324x2703)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
Can anyone id these bumps on my back?
>>
SupremeAutist anon:

Morning:
Water cleanse
Vit c serum
Hydroquinone 2%
Minoxidil for beard and eyebrows
Skinceuticals spf moisturiser

Evening (after shower)
Cerave hydrating cleanser
Glycolic acid cleanser
Alternate hydroquinone and tret
Skinceuticals serum
Minoxidil
Cerave moisturiser

Dermaroll 9.5mm twice a week. Should I slug as well?
>>
>>18201984
try bald general lol
>>18203127
probably yes
>>18203435
>>18203437
>>18203870
review your lifestyle and habits
stop eating slop and stop using hot water if you do
start drinking more water double or triple the intake if needed
identify when it gets worse (eating dairy, processed food, gym/sweating, touching your face, stressful life)
get sunscreen and moisturizer per your skin type
go to derm and get at least epiduo or tret
>>18203990
go to derm, the sooner the better
>>18204090
>Vit c serum
post product
>Glycolic acid cleanser
does it even work? do you leave it on for more than 5 minutes?
cleansing twice seems harsh and also a waste
maybe you meant double cleansing with oil based cleanser followed by a water based cleanser
>Skinceuticals serum
does not say much
>Should I slug as well?
if your skin is dry or peels off, sure
>>
>>18204347
Thank you! Will do.
>>
What's the safe and easiest way to get your entire body pale? I just like the pale aesthetic also I have uneven tans to get rid off. I don't like using creams because it also ends up splotchy and uneven.

I heard about gluthathione. Is that good?
>>
my collagen quality seems pretty good and elastic, no wrinkles or crow lines or nasolabial folds forming, nor crevices (at forehead, corners of the eyes, etc) when doing expressions

BUT the topmost layer of my skin seems atrocious, like sandpaper almost in some parts of my face (for example right next to nose on both sides)

what's the cause of this?
>>
>>18204090
>Hydroquinone 2%
Brown
>Minoxidil for beard and eyebrows
Reads looksmaxxing forums
>>
>>18204495
>what's the cause of this?
Lack of exfoliation maybe
Would help if you mentioned your skincare routine if you have one
>>
>>18204771
maybe. that area would get a bit less natural frictional exfoliation. will do more often. and since only in the face think blue light from computer screen had small role in it. so fixed that now too

no skincare routine other than coconut oil sometimes and collagen supplementing. just asked here because ur pros on skin
>>
File: 1709638493351750.png (855 KB, 887x1500)
855 KB
855 KB PNG
Okay an update on >>18200822
I've been using pic related since then. It has salicylic acid, alcohol, and witch hazel. I've been doing cleanser > astringent > moisturizer every morning. Amazingly, it did absolutely nothing to help my oil problem.
>>
Seriously is there any legit ways to increase collagen and elastin and volume of fat in the face? Nearly 30 years old and stressing out about this. What is actually scientifically proven to help i.e. treatments or skin care products?
>>
What's a good night time moisturizer to control an oily face?
>>
How is it we can look at someone who is 20 vs someone who is 30 and without knowing their age we know which is which? What is it that actually makes people look younger/older?
>>
27 years old and was wondering how to get that youthful glow back from my early 20's
>>
>>18206182
>>18206183
See >>18192430
>>
>>18206201
Will that only slow down collagen loss or can it actually increase collagen production?
>>
>>18206201
So at age 20 you have 90% collagen and at age 30 you have 70%. Will those methods actually increase the percentage at age 30 to higher than 70%?
>>
>>18206222
>>18206220
ask her she is over 70 now
>>
Anyone knows of Japanese skin care online store with easy and fast international shipping?
never ordered one before and have no idea where to look and ask
There’s this one bb cream product I really want and also this hair wax
>>
>>18206222
Tretinoin, micro needling, red light therapy
>>
23m, really no skin issues besides really puffy and dark eyes. This is my skincare routine that I have just started at the behest of my girlfriend. It seems simple enough. What does the collective intelligence think?

Every time I start skincare in the past, I do it for about 5 days, see there's nothing changed, and then give up. But the CeraVe cleanser makes my face feel really nice and clean, but really dry. Thereby necessitating some moisturizing.

Also, SA vs HA cleanser? I got SA but I think once I am done with this bottle I will go HA. I don't have nay acne or breakouts really.

CeraVe SA Cleanser > Kiehl's Microdose Retinol serum > Kiehl's Eye Fuel > Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
>>
>>18206341
literal vampires wtf
>>
>>18206341
Genetics really are everything huh
>>
>>18207180
Something like 80% of aging is caused by sun damage, yes. Prioritize getting a top-tier sunscreen, and apply it every day.
>>
>>18201558
>your skin will be peeling off
Okay, that sounds pretty fucked, I'll definitely be patch-testing and starting at something like 0.3-0.5% (I looked up your recommendations, they're all around 0.3, and are top of my list, but I figured I'd shop around).
I really appreciate the warning, I thought worst-case my face would be red and itchy and I could just power through, you probably saved me a lot of pain.
>>
>>18204494
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5413479/
but i would do much more research before trying it out
>>18204495
what your skin type
>>18205766
as you can see, skincare is trial and error and more about experimentation as there is no single recipe for everyone. also keep in mind you are trying to offset your genetics with a few products that cost a few dollars
other anon gave you very good recommendations and you should try them as well
for me, salicylic acid shampoo reduced oiliness of my scalp by like 50%
you also might want to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hevaszImfJk
>>18206178
see vid above
>>18206176
see >>18206201
>>18206220
>>18206222
there are so many clinical trial data on retinoids that its almost retarded not to believe it
whichever one you will find, scroll down to tables where they compare skin parameters before and after retinoid usage and the answer will be there
>>18206399
post destination (your) country and other anons might help
>>18207111
checked
>puffy
sleeping on back might help but its tough to get used to it
if you apply cold spoon in the morning on your eyes and it shrinks then caffeine will work - or at least thats what i heard from some youtube derm
>dark
root cause should be investigated (thin skin with visible veins that look dark from afar; actual pigment; bags that cause shadow under different lighting that look "dark") and then addressed properly
overall its pretty good but most eye creams are meme irritants anyways
>I do it for about 5 days, see there's nothing changed, and then give up
imagine people doing diet or exercise for 5 days and then stop because they see no effect
she >>18206341 probably did it for longer than 5 days
>>
>>18207204
these 3 examples are the most recommended by youtube derms and anyone basically. feel free to look for other products especially if they are local to you and probably cheaper than imported stuff. just make sure to check if reviews are positive and that there is no scam like "bio retinol", "plant retinol", bukachiol or whatever
>patch-testing
the skin peeling off might happen after a few uses (2-3 weeks?) so it will not happen during single test - its part of the process especially for stronger retinoids. just remember to moisturize and/or slug in case you really need it and you will be good
but yeah overall patch testing is a good idea - many people forget about it
> I thought worst-case my face would be red and itchy and I could just power through
that could be the case but it varies from person to person. nobody is able to predict it. once you get to know your skin a little better you will be able to tell how sensitive it is and how much it can handle
>>
Current routine (just started):
AM
>CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
>Skinceuticals Vitamin C
>No SPF, because I am inside ALL day

PM
>CeraVe Foaming Cleanser during shower
>Red light therapy after I'm dried and dressed

What would move the needle the most for anti-aging, and where should it go into my routine?
>32 y/o male btw
>>
>>18208179
First off: moisturizer after cleansing and applying serums. Which type depends on your skin type. Learn about humectant (attracts moisture), emollient (traps moisture), and occlusive (forms protective barrier) ingredients. Someone earlier was talking about them and one of his replies linked an article with some good examples.
Second of all: consider using SPF even if you aren't going out. It's hard to overstate just how bad sunlight is for aging our skin. Look for Uvinul A, Uvinul T, Tinosorb S, and Tinosorb M. Those four are the latest and greatest chemical filters, very stable, non-irritating, and effective. Just make sure you're getting full UVA/UVB protection. Korean and European sunscreens are good, Japanese too but for some reason most of them have ethanol as like the second or third ingredient which just does not sit right with me. Don't even bother with North American sunscreen, they're miles behind because the FDA has their thumbs up their asses approving new filters.
For actual anti-aging: retinol is the most highly regarded ingredient, and with good reason. Starting it isn't as simple as just diving in, though, you need to ease into it. Start at 0.3-0.5%, twice or even once a week, and slowly work toward nightly. It makes you more susceptible to sunburn, so apply it at night, and ALWAYS use SPF the morning after.
In general ingredients I hear good things about are niacinamide, vitamin C (which you use), hyaluronic acid (humectant plus boosts collagen production).
I'm also look into buying oral collagen supplements.
I hope I helped. I invite someone to criticize my suggestions. Also read the mass-replier's posts, they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>18208200 (Me)
>oral collagen supplements
Visible aging is caused by oxidative stress (basically, environmental factors and body processes produce reactive substances and over time our body's natural ability to suppress and repair this damage slows and wanes), which is why you want anti-oxidants and sunscreen, collagen depletion (makes the skin saggier and less firm), and of course physical damage accumulated over the course of living life (it is literally impossible to avoid by virtue of the fact that you do things like take showers and wear clothes).
It also needs to be said: diet and exercise. Just having good cardio does wonders for anti-aging. Avoid alcohol, avoid smoking (you don't need to be a monk but also don't be a retard, I drink socially too).
>>
>>18207979
>there is no scam like "bio retinol", "plant retinol", bukachiol or whatever
I am really sorry to keep asking questions, but: Do you mean that products that have "retinol" in their ingredients list and say "retinol" on the bottle with no qualifiers, but boast of being 100% vegan, are no good? Or do you just mean to be on the look out for weirdo alternatives that don't actually work?
>>
can anyone provide tips for my current routine? i have a sensitive/oily skin type and am struggling alot with hormonal acne on my chin, i plan to start using bp in the morning too

AM:
- Cerave cream to foam cleanser
- La Roche Posay SPF50
PM
-Cerave cream to foam cleanser
-Benzoyl Peroxide 5% gel
- La Roche Posay moisturizer
>>
stopped taking vitamin d and my skin stopped breaking out
>>
>>18208456
Interesting
>>
Has anyone tried shaving with only a razor blade? Can you get good enough with it to provide a quick and clean shave or will I just slice off pieces of my face like Hannibal looking for a snack?
>>
Ok... using Dove Sensitive Skin Bar around my head was probably a bad idea... been getting weird itchy red spots around the hairline. Basically the same I got when I used the Dove bodywash.
>>
>>18208179
looks good but
>Skinceuticals Vitamin C
just get geek & gorgeous vitamin c or timeless instead. much cheaper, same formula
>the most for anti-aging
a retinoid and moisturizer are your next step
a good retinol starter is cerave resurfacing retinol serum. you could also consider neutrogena or olay. as other anon said ease into it and enjoy. in terms of moisturizer the choice depends on your skin type.
>where should it go into my routine?
after light therapy; retinol -> let it dry -> moisturizer
>>18208228
yeah be on the lookout of retinol alternatives or whatever they call it as its not very effective. basically make sure INCI list on the product/package contains retinol and you good
>>18208238
does your moisturizer contain niacinamide? i think most LRP moisturizers do but i might be wrong. if it doesnt, change it to something else like cerave pm
other than that, go to derm and get epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide) or tret prescription. they will help tremendously.
>>18208456
started eating gigantic amounts of slop recently and i dont get large bulging deep acne cysts anymore. lol
>>18208522
checked
my anti dandruff shampoo gets my itchy af every time i use it. bought aloe vera conditioner for the first time and it stops itching literally after a minute. still newbie in haircare tho
>>
>>18208593
>my anti dandruff shampoo gets my itchy af every time i use it.
Hmm, for me I think it's an allergic reaction. It takes a few days to a week for the red itchy spots to appear, then a week or so after I stop using it for them to go away. I repeated this a few times with Dove bodywash to try and make sure. It's weird that it's just my scalp and I don't get the same effect on any other parts of my body, or if there is it's not nearly as drastic. I've been using the Dove soap bars for a while without issue, but only last week started using it on my face/head...
>bought aloe vera conditioner for the first time and it stops itching literally after a minute.
I keep my hair extremely short, so it's really just the scalp I have to worry about. I figured the Dove Sensitive Bars would be safe enough, but apparently not. I might need to find some shampoo/conditioner for up there, so I'll see if I can find something like that. Thanks
>>
If i stay indoors all day do i need to wear SPF? I never leave my bedroom and have the curtains closed but my room is still bright due to the sunlight coming through the curtains. My headboard on my bed makes sure i don't get any direct sunlight on my face. Do i still need SPF?
>>
>>18206182
>>18206183
Tretinoin
>>18209053
No you don't but you should wear it anytime you go outside or if you regularly sit near windows that don't have the shades drawn
>>
>>18208200
Thank you for these helpful suggestions! >>18208593
You as well!
I don't have much acne anymore - maybe the occasional pimple on my lower cheek from touching my face all day - and my skin is normal to oily. So I'll look for something for that.
>Final question:
Should I be washing my face twice a day? For the past 10 years, I've only washed my face at night in the shower. I've only just now begun washing my face in the morning so I can apply vitamin C serum. Can I cut that out? I didn't even use to splash water on my face in the morning, I'd just wake up and go. Would splashing water on my face in the AM be enough to apply Vitamin C serum afterwards?
>>
>>18209078
Just rub some water on your face in the morning. Splashing isint enough, washing with cleanser isint necessary unless you have oily skin or other issues you are trying to deal with.
Splash some water on your face rub it with wet hands for 20 seconds, splash some more dry it off.
Really only because you don't want to be putting your Serum on on top of last night's moisturizer.
>>
Simple way to prevent aging?
>>
>>18209064
>No you don't but you should wear it anytime you go outside or if you regularly sit near windows that don't have the shades drawn
Not him but i have blinds in my room yet my room is still brighly lit in the daytime. Do i still need spf in this situation i.e. is the UVA and UVB rays still penetrating the blinds?
>>
>alcohol
>cotton ball
>wipe
>SA /HA cleanser
>air dry
>light moisturizer if face dry
Works for me
>>
What do we think about tazarene? It's supposedly better for anti-aging and reversing sun damage than tret
>>
what are the /fa/ sunscreens? I heard about the beauty of joseon, is that a meme or is is actually good?
>>
>>18210199
>what are the /fa/ sunscreens?
I personally use Purito Soft Touch SPF 50+.
If you're using chemical sunscreens, look for these four filters: Uvinul A+ (UVA), Uvinul T (UVB), Tinosorb M (UVA/UVB), Tinosorb S (UVA/UVB). All four are very stable, non-irritating, and the tinosorbs can help stabilize less stable filters such as Avobenzone.
Basically you want your sunscreen to be a moisturizer with filter ingredients.
>>
>>18210275
>look for these four filters
They're usually listed by their INCI names, check incidecoder for whatever sunscreen you're considering or memorize their chemical names.
>>
>>18210095
Most glass does not block UVA or UVB, if you don't have windows that specifically state they do then assume they don't. Indirect light bouncing around the room from around some window shades probably exposes you to some amount ov UV but were are talking 1/100th as much as being in direct sunlight. I wouldn't worry about it unless you sit next to a window with no blinds and the sun is shining directly on you.
>>18210190
>What do we think about tazarene?
It's much less studied then tretinoin, mostly because it's much newer. It may or may not make much difference vs using tret. Some people seem to report that they feel it is harsher then tret but you milage may vary. If you feel like trying it out then go for it, i would probably choose between that and tret based on which one allows you to tolerate daily application of the highest dose without discomfort, dry skin peeling etc and pick that one.
>>
File: 61pDoiNBb5L._SX522_.jpg (11 KB, 522x522)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>18191536
the efficacy of a moisturizer is greatly reduced when applied to dry skin. you want your face to be lightly damp.
>>
>>18192430
eat meat or collagen supplements
>>
Is it bad if I shower twice a day, even if I only use body wash and facial cleanser once?
>>
>>18210275
thanks anon
>>
>>18191053
I'm going to get either collagen powder or collagen capsules.
1. Should I just follow the instructions on the package for dosing, or is that being a chump and I should take more?
2. are there any risks I might not be thinking of if I go a bit heavier? I'm not going to do anything retarded like eat a whole bag but like maybe I'll take the recommended dose twice daily instead of once.
>>
what's the best place to buy tret, alldaychemist? it's still the best for anti aging, adapalene isn't worth it if your skin can handle tret yeah? assuming acne is under control and only concerns are anti aging and even complexion
>>
any good body sunscreens, aka cheaper and comes in bigger amounts, preferably a pump container?
>>
>>18211153
Altruist Sunscreen SPF50 comes in a 1-liter pump bottle for a little over 30 GBP.
I'm not sure where you live though, getting it from outside Europe might prove a pain in the ass.
>>
>>18192430
Bovine Collagen. Look for something NSF certified. If you want to be /fit/ too try to look for Collagen Supplements formulated to include Type II collagen, which is used to build and repair cartilage. Regular bovine only takes care of types I and III, which are responsible for skin, muscles, blood vessels, etc. so it's still good for you, it just overlooks cartilage.
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 276x357)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
Anyone else used this before? Pricey but the matte finish has been really nice and it makes my face feel pretty damn nice.
>>
>>18212400
Their bodycare range is amazing, i use the geranium leaf body cleanser in the shower. However, i have heard their skincare range is pretty meh
>>
thinking about getting some retinol
can it be used under eyes?
>>
>>18212375 (Me)
Also orally-ingested caffeine inhibits collagen production by inhibiting prolidase, so if you're taking collagen supps, take them at least three hours after you consume any caffeine (I personally just quit drinking coffee).
>>
File: 1714787582637.jpg (163 KB, 640x764)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>18191053
How do I get rid of my chudlines? What products will make them go away?
>>
>>18213366
None. When you get them, that's it. You smiled too much and didn't take the doomer pill early enough.
>>
File: 1683724155621.jpg (34 KB, 375x415)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>18213496
>>
>>18213366
They're called nasolabial folds and they're inevitable and as the other guy said, irreversible.
MAYBE if you're early on, retinol or some other skin-firming, anti-wrinkle treatment could reverse them but I'm talking "they just became visible last week" early.
>>
>>18191053
Here's a correction of the pastebin, do what you will with it, or add it as a remark.

>Sunscreen - UV exposure depends on location, but sunscreen generally needed for all locations in the summer season.
No, Sunscreen is needed all year around, and your location matters very little. UV ratings go from 100% of maximum exposure in summer to 50% in as early as April or as late as October (20% during february). But you probably aren't looking for shade as much either, so all of this starts to add up pretty quickly.

Not only that but the SPF rating you see on sunscreen is advertised for UVB (which are the ones resposible for melanomas and skin burns). UVA on the other hand, the ones that make your skin look like shit with age, tend to be carefully omitted. The rating you should be looking for them is called the PA rating, and in order to make this shit worth it you better be buying PA++++ or above.

>toners
They're not something i'd include in a basic routine where you want to see quick improvement and not spend a lot. A good face cleanser and a good moisturizer does wonders. Do you want to go the next level ? Get a retinol serum, since it is the only actual "anti-aging" molecule that actually works. Make sure it's in the fridge btw.

>moisturizers
>Vaseline
what the FUCK. Vaseline isn't a moisturizer but an occlusive. You can use it occasionally (for chapped lips for example), but never as a "routine."

>sunscreen (cont.)
Clearly, this retardo doesn't know about PA ratings, which is why he chose the SPF110 as "overkill", when the Shiseido and Kiehl are superior. I would also add Anthelios to this, because it is one of the few sunscreens that aren't fucking greasy, and remove the low SPF creams. Don't buy an SPF30 for fuck's sake.
>>
Discovered I have a disgusting, but small, skin tag above my eyelid somewhat like pic related. Can I remove it myself? Or should I go to a dermatologist? Would they laugh at me for wanting something so trivial removed? What would they even do, just anesthetize the area and cut it off? Or do they have to laser it?
>>
>>18213875
>>18213366
I heard HA fillers can get rid of them but of course fillers need to be re applied every few months

Besides, i knew people who had them since they were teenagers, it can sometimes just be a natural part of your face rather than something that gets worse with age
>>
>>18214136
>what the FUCK. Vaseline isn't a moisturizer but an occlusive. You can use it occasionally (for chapped lips for example), but never as a "routine."
I heard putting vaseline on as the last step of your night time routine can seal in all your products and help them work even better
>>
>>18191053
>Diligently apply SPF 50+ PA++++ every single day before I leave the house, wait twenty minutes for it to set too
>over the course of the summer, have tanned slightly nonetheless
Is a certain amount of tanning just inevitable or do I need to start reapplying more religiously?
>>
>>18215303
I'll probably just accept I'm tan at that point

way too much effort
>>
Posting my Routine, Goal is Acne Scarring / Redness 19 Male

AM
Warm Water on Face
Pat Dry
CeraVe Acne Control Cleanser
Pat Dry
Anua 77% Soothing Toner
2 x a week 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
COSRX Vitamin C Serum
COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
COSRX Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion

PM:
Same Routine but with retinol before moisturizer
>>
>>18191053
If I only have the money to buy one, should I get AHA+BHA or retinol serum? My concerns are acne, PIH and PIE.
>>
File: 413UFoWqo0L.jpg (42 KB, 1024x1024)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>18208611
>allergic reaction
i see. well cant help here but check if its due to SLS/SLES or surfactants derived from coconut (thats what a few anons in previous thread discovered)
>I might need to find some shampoo/conditioner
personally i was thinking to get a non-foaming shampoo the other day, they are supposed to be gentle. maybe that way i wont need conditioner
>>18209053
really comes down how much sun exposure you get inside
direct sunlight means yes
otherwise not really
>>18209078
>Should I be washing my face twice a day?
comes down to your skin needs really. i have combination skin and sometimes my forehead is so oily that i use a little bit of cleanser in the morning for vitamin c to actually penetrate but other than that, just water
>>18210045
simply read this thread
>>18210121
>alcohol
uhh
the rest is fine
>>18210190
been using 0,05%, its okay
>>18210199
checked
sunscreens are trial and error. some are more popular than others but does not mean will work for everyone. i liked BoJ a lot but then i tried pic related and it fits me even better
isntree hyaluronic acid one is mentioned here often too
>>18210095
>>18210410
there are UV films/foils that can be applied on windows. was researching this last year to reduce temperature a little in my apartment and they often block UV as well.
ever seen slightly blue or green or silverish office buildings? they use them on a whole building to reduce the overall cost of AC
might do the trick
>>18210645
>Is it bad
do you see any issues with your skin
if yes, then yes its bad
if no, then no
>>18211086
skinorac is mentioned often
>>18211153
someone recommended earlier >>18192868
>>18212908
sure if your skin is fine with it
but dont get too close to your eyes, especially if its heavy/oily
>>18213366
duba dubs checked
visit an estethician/beautician for the best advise
>>18214136
i just copy and paste, sure it might need updating but have no time for research other than replying to keep the thread moving
>>
>>18214862
go to a dermatologist to diagnose it properly if you want to be 100% sure
i had milia on my eyelid but it went away on its own iirc
>>18214972
slugging is cool
>>18215303
>>18215313
its either reapplying or maybe get higher spf like 100
there are too many environmental factors to consider for anyone beside you to know the answer
i posted a pocket mirror with uv camera a couple of threads back so you might give it a go to see how long your sunscreen lasts etc
>>18215611
checked
i hope the retinol gets through all these layers successfully and actually works
if you are not sure either i would stick to cleansing in pm -> _maybe_ the anua toner -> retinol -> moisturizer
overall using direct acids (bha and vit c in your routine) with retinoids is not recommended. if its not your 100% educated choice to layer these specific products or a derm recommendationto have all these together in a single routine i would change your pm routine immediately
also not sure if you need bha in both cleanser and toner (toner is probs better)
hope you use sunscreen if going out
>>18215861
cerave resurfacing retinol serum STAT
then after a month or two reassess your needs
>>
>>18215950
haha thanks man, just used a bunch of products my mom got me
>>
>>18191053
SPF before moisturizer: any risk if I make sure to give the sunscreen time to set first?
My concern is I'll basically be smearing the sunscreen around under the moisturizer and removing protection from some parts of my face.
I'm only thinking of this because I don't like how shiny my sunscreen leaves my face and I'm too much of a cheap fuck to switch before I've finished the bottle.
>>
I am thinking of taking minoxidil and fin for my hair loss but i have heard that minoxidil depletes collagen and makes your skin age faster, i was wondering if there was any truth to that?
>>
>>18216217 (Me)
Probably relevant: I use chemical sunscreen. I also suspect that applying the chemical sunscreen first will let it absorb better since it's not fighting through a layer of moisturizer which I specifically chose because it makes a barrier.
>>
>>18216232
From my personal experience, yes minoxidil makes you look older and wearier.
Here's a rat-model study saying that minoxidil "significantly decreased collagen":
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8844127/

You should also keep in mind that 40-50% of men are nonresponders to topical minoxidil because they have low sulfotransferase activity in their scalps.
>>
File: 1718705295510160.jpg (240 KB, 978x1543)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>babbys first exfoliation
>have blackheads on and around the nose area that come and go
>apply pic rel for 10 mins
>blackheads are worse than ever now
>also burned the thin skin underneath my eye
FUCK

Should I have gone with just BHA instead of BHA+AHA?
>>
>>18216273
>babbys first exfoliation
>30% AHA
My man, did you do any research at all? This is way too strong for a noob.
If your only concern is stuff like acne, you can stick with just BHA. I don't have any specific product recommendations, though.
Also those blackheads on your nose may just be sebaceous filaments.
I would let your skin rest up for at least a week, gentle cleansing plus moisturizing so it can repair itself, before you try again.
>>
>>18216289
>Also those blackheads on your nose may just be sebaceous filaments.
Looked into it, this seems to indeed be what they are. Will acid exfoliation help make them less pronounced you think?

>I would let your skin rest up for at least a week, gentle cleansing plus moisturizing so it can repair itself, before you try again.
Yeah this sounds like a wise thing to do. Would you stay off retinol also? The ones I've got are 0.3% and 1%, they've never caused me any irritation.
>>
>>18216347
I'm not an expert but this article says yes to your first question:
https://www.byrdie.com/how-to-get-rid-of-sebaceous-filaments-4844051
It also says to commit to a cleansing routine, avoid alcohol in your skincare, and keep your skin well-moisturized (all excellent tips no matter what).

As for retinol, I won't advise because I honestly don't know. My gut says go off it for the week because it can irritate the skin, but it also increases cell turnover and can reverse damage if you're adjusted to it already. I would say wait for somebody else ITT to comment. I think there's a licensed esthetician who hangs out in these threads.
>>
>>18216376
Thanks Anon. Just finished showering and moisturizing, starting to look a bit better actually. Few hours ago I looked like a plucked chicken.
>>
>>18213875
I just noticed them when I was looking at myself in the barber's chair. Maybe I can be saved.
>>
>>18216242
thanks bro, i won't be taking it then and instead save up for a hair transplant. I will be taking Fin as i heard it stops any more hair loss and potentially can regrow some hair. Does fin have any negative effects on skin and aging/collagen?
>>
>>18216456
None that I know of, and I have been on it for a year and a half. I have had zero side effects though.
I'll be the one to tell you: there is a 1% chance that it gives you ED, which can be cured by reducing your dosage or ceasing usage if you're really unlucky. It takes up to one week for normal penile function to resume in such cases. There is no lasting damage. "Post-Finasteride Syndrome" is not real, every potential case has a litany of comorbid issues like being obese, depressed/on antidepressants, sedentary, over 40, etc.

Vis-a-vis skin health, and this is purely speculation on my part, I think it may actually improve your appearance. I'm basing this on my research and observations of the opposite -- men taking Test, tren and other gear. That shit gives you acne, visibly ages you, and dries out your skin.
>>
>>18216506
>>18216456
Also if you want to try for regrowth serums, there are some caffeine and peptide-based serums out there that are basically skincare mixes with a focus on improving circulation. I know Briogeo has one and the ingredients list is pretty impressive.
Been a while since I looked at the ingredients list in detail but I'm pretty confident you could smear it all over your face and it would be beneficial.
There's also microneedling but I won't recommend that because you can hurt yourself if you do it wrong.
>>
>>18194392
I use a cuticle pusher tool to clean the dead skin and shit out of my outer ears every time I shower, then once a month I use an in-ear camera pick to get rid of excess dead skin/earwax. Luckily I get very little to no ear wax.

>>18198770
I've been using this cleanser on my face for a few months - lots of product in that bottle to last you a long time. I really like it, it's gentle, smells nice, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I would recommend it for the amount you get.
>>
>>18216217
>>18216234
I read a few dozen articles about this today and the consensus seems to be if you use chemical sunscreen, to apply it and let it fully absorb before applying moisturizer. If you use physical sunscreen, apply it last.
This makes sense, I think. The chemical sunscreen ingredients are absorbed into the skin and theoretically won't be moved much by the application of moisturizer, and if I apply the moisturizer first, there's a barrier formed that probably inhibits sunscreen absorption.
Maybe I should consider a non-lotion sunscreen if I don't like the shiny finish it leaves. I'll look into it.
>>
File: 1722399491775379.jpg (256 KB, 1365x2048)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
i got tetracycline for acne is it a good case or a bad case
>>
File: 1724087209544.jpg (106 KB, 1122x1122)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>18215303
>Diligently apply SPF 50+ PA++++ every single day before I leave the house, wait twenty minutes for it to set too
Are you sure you are applying enough? Most people underapply facial sunscreens. Two fingers worth , then another application of two fingers worth on top of the first is a minimum. Three fingers twice is good if you are planning to be in direct sunlight for long periods.
>>
File: 1724087411277.jpg (55 KB, 800x800)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>18216596
>Maybe I should consider a non-lotion sunscreen if I don't like the shiny finish it leaves. I'll look into it.
Hada labo uv perfect gel is a great matte finish sunscreen. Easy to find from importers on eBay, comes and goes from stock on Amazon.
>>
My face has become very dry to where I will see white dry skin on my chin and cheeks 1 hour after putting on moisturizer (cerave PM). What do about severely dry skin? Using a light Korean cleanser once a da
>>
>>18215895
>>allergic reaction
>i see. well cant help here but check if its due to SLS/SLES or surfactants derived from coconut (thats what a few anons in previous thread discovered)
>>I might need to find some shampoo/conditioner
>personally i was thinking to get a non-foaming shampoo the other day, they are supposed to be gentle. maybe that way i wont need conditioner
Yeah, I stopped using the Dove boars on my face and head, and it seems to have improved. I just bought a cheap bottle of basic Head and Shoulders shampoo for my scalp and that's working fine. I'd still like to do something for my face... maybe I'll pick up a cheap cleanser, but for now warm water only (and whatever shampoo runoff washes over) seems to be fine.
>>
>>18215861
>Buy whatever retinol product you want
>Buy 70% Glycolic Acid solution for DIY serum, 100ml is like $5.
Then dilute the solution with distilled water to your desired dilution level, then adjust pH accordingly using more acid (like citric acid), or lye/TEA to increase it, only use pH adjuster in small quantity since those are potent as fuck. pH 4 is a good starting point, the more acidic it is the more effective AHA works, but it can burn your face so starts higher then lower it gradually, most AHA serums have pH level of 3,5 to 3,9.
>>
Switched retinols from a loreal one to the cerave resurfacing one and I'm having quite a purge. Acne for the first time in like 10 years.
>>
>>18217114
>Two fingers worth , then another application of two fingers worth on top of the first is a minimum.
Just two fingers worth made me look like casper before I rubbed it in, is this for face or face and neck?
Most guides I checked said just do two fingers once, or one finger twice. I feel like two fingers twice is just overkill.
>>
Thinking of getting some benzoyl peroxide, but looking online some people say it's better to wash it off and some people say to leave it so i'm not quite sure what am i supposed to do
>>
File: 1712518346198927.png (340 KB, 569x938)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
how long until these eyebag serums starts to take effect?
I used one today and it only seemed to highlight my bags, one of my peers even said I looked stoned
>>
>>18217752
Don't leave it on bro
>>
>applying retinol serum to face
>finger slips into my nostril toward the end
Is this going to cause blistering in my respiratory tract or something?
>>
>>18217951
On a more serious note, my stuff says "apply 2-3 drops to face" but it dries so fast I usually need 4 just to cover it all, and I haven't even touched my neck. I've tried dropping directly onto regions of my face and dropping onto my index finger. Youtube tutorials didn't really help, they just apply to their fingers and somehow it spreads easily for them. Do I just need to get good?
>>
>>18191132
A good diet also does wonders to your skin! stop eating processed foods that are high in oils and corn syrup. Make your own food simple chicken rice and some greens from raw ingredients and you'll notice a difference in your skins health.
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (348 KB, 750x510)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
So I’ve been suffering from chin acne. It only really flares up around my period.

I’ve heard that drinking spearmint tea can help clear up acne. Any truth to this?
>>
>>18218104
are you retarded
>period
nevermind
>>
>>18218155
There’s been studies that suggest spearmint tea has anti-androgen properties. Androgens are male hormones, and usually acne, especially chin acne, in women is due to an excess amount of testosterone in the body.

So it might be good for women with acne caused by a hormonal imbalance or PCOS.

For men, nah.
>>
>>18218177
I'm from /baldgen/ and we get similar statements about saw palmetto. It literally works but it's a needle-mover, not a main treatment.
Assuming you have no allergy to it, Spearmint Tea certainly won't *hurt*, but I'd need to see this study. Maybe it has a cumulative effect. I definitely wouldn't expect any miracles.
>>
Is sunscreen a little too much? I have a Sun Bum sunscreen. I’m a bit worried it’s making me look darker
>>
>>18218584
>Is sunscreen a little too much?
No.
>making me look darker
Are you buying tinted sunscreen? Why? If your skin is darker, just use chemical sunscreen that blends better. I have heard zero success stories with tinted sunscreen.
>Sun Bum
North American sunscreens use obsolete filters because of the FDA approving new filters at a snail's pace.
Upgrade to a European, Korean, or Japanese brand. You can buy Asian stuff on Stylevana and Yesstyle, and Euro stuff on Beauty Bay, or the brand's websites sometimes let you ship to NA. Look for new filters like Uvinul A, Uvinul T, Tinosorb S, Tinosorb M.
>>
>>18217180
Use heavy moisturizer at night
CeraVe pm is pretty lightweight
Get a jar of cerave moisturizing cream or some other cream that's thick enough to come in a jar. Put on a generous amount at night
It's possible something in one of the products you are using is causing dry skin. I know cerave pm has niacinamide which is supposed to reduce sebum production, maybe it just isn't compatible with your skin.
>>
>>18217416
>Just two fingers worth made me look like casper before I rubbed it in,
This is one of the reasons why people are so crazy about trying to find a good sunscreen
>>
>>18217768
>eyebag serums
Just use preparation h cream
No im not joking
>>
>>18218640
Yeah I think I'm going to look into a gel or serum sunscreen. My moisturizer is pretty heavy on emollients and occlusives so a sunscreen that's mostly humectant would be optimal for me.
>>
>>18218632
Ahhh thank you so much !
>>
>>18216596
>>18216232
>>18216217
>>18216217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULpx1jaREo
7:58 in this video she cites a study by the Australian College of Dermatologists showing that moisturizer after sunscreen can reduce SPF by up to 17%.
The idea that sunscreen "absorbs into the skin" is obsolete, it forms a protective film over the outermost layer of skin. This is true of chemical and physical sunscreens. Layering moisturizer on top of sunscreen just risks breaking up the film and balling up the sunscreen.
This is also why you should give your moisturizer time to fully absorb and dry before applying SPF.
>>
File: 20240821_110404.jpg (576 KB, 1310x1666)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
Starting to develop chud lines under the eyes and next to my nose. What do.
>>
>>18219259
Nothing. It's what happens as you age.
>>
>>18216216
yeah check out what products you can use together as some cancel each other out or cause 10x more irritation
>>18216273
anon...
>Should I have gone with just BHA instead of BHA+AHA?
yes
>>18216419
maybe it was the lighting in the room. simple light can emphasize lots of skin issues
>>18216634
didnt help for acne in my teens but might help you, really comes down to root cause of acne
>>18217294
happens whenever you introduce any new product. some anons even had this when switching moisturizers
>>18217752
BP wash was proven effective as well as creams. creams are more effective though. i would leave it on, just make sure its 5% or 2,5%, no need for 10%
>>18217768
depends on bags
you need to know what exactly is the underlying cause for them and then treat it
most of the times topical stuff wont make any difference and you need a professional to assess a procedure for you
>>18217951
not really
>>18217963
>"apply 2-3 drops to face" but it dries so fast I usually need 4 just to cover it all
some people have simply smaller face. now that i think about this, maybe this would be enough for most women
had the same problem with epiduo, derm told to me to apply as little as possible (like half a pump) but it was just not enough so im going for almost a full pump
also certain instructions on product may stay the same while formulation changes which causes the products to behave differently - something to consider
>>18218104
try it, who knows
i used to drink a herbal tea consisting of like 9 herbs for 2 months everyday but didnt to anything to me
>>18219259
its just the lighting man
you good
but if you really want to skinmaxx go for anti aging routine though it wont do much. or check out >>18214971
>>
skincare newbie here. i've flipped through the sticky post and some other discussion and i am starting to experiment with a basic routine. my skin tends to be oily and acne prone (t-zone especially), but also prone to drying out with stuff like too hot of showers, or from chlorine from being an active swimmer. here is what i am working with, with a few questions.
>morning: shower, cetaphil gentle cleanser, paula's choice 2% BHA
>evening: warm water cleanse to avoid drying skin out too much, cerave retinol
>sunscreen when going outside but still WIP on finding something i like
what i am wondering is:
>when should i be moisturizing with this routine? does moisturizer generally conflict with application of any of the above?
>how do people who are active wrap skincare into your routines? i feel like working out either has me sweating while running/lifting or in the pool getting fucked up by the water. do you try to time showers and skincare around workouts?
>any suggestions for moisturizers for skin that most often deals with being oily but can easily get sensitive/dried out too? acne is generally not bad but present if i neglect things.
i know these are pretty basic pls no bully
>>
>>18219698
I would suggest using cleanser at night and washing face with water in AM.
You need cleanser to reliably remove sunscreen and you will have more "gunk" on your face from daytime activities then just being at home and sleeping at night.
>Moisturizer
All the time
You can use it with basically any skincare products. Definitely want to put it on after retinol.
Wash face
Skincare products
Moisturizer
Sunscreen (in am)
Both am and pm
Cerave pm facial moisturizer is a nice lightweight moisturizer for both day and night. I also really like ELF holy hydration (fragrance free version) but i dunno if it's available outside the USA.
Overall your routine sounds good but BHA + retinol can be harsh for some people. Start slow with both, probably 3 days a week and work your way up slowly to every other day and then daily. If the bha is too much it's fine to just keep using it 2-3 days a week long term.
>>
What can I improve? I got rid of all my acne with accutane thankfully, just want to maintain healthy skin and make it look better if possible.

AM:
wash face with water
timeless vitamin c
beauty of joseon rice/probiotics 50 spf

PM:
cerave acne control foaming cleanser
tret cream .025%
cerave daily moisturizing lotion

skin is slightly oily
>>
How can I improve on my skincare?

AM
Clean & Clear cleanser
Ordinary niacinamide serum
Benzoyl peroxide 5%
Elf Moisturizer
** Sum Bum Sunscreen (if I’m going out, I’ve been recommended a chemical sunscreen because I’m not sure of this and very unconfident that I don’t put it on sometimes)

PM
It’s the same thing without the sunscreen.

My face has been smoother and cleaner than ever before. I gotten rid of acne dark spots from it too. Now I ran out of the benzoyl peroxide and now I believe that the Niacinamide is making me breaking out. Should I switch out the niacinamide with something else or just order more benzoyl peroxide?
>>
>>18219964
>beauty of joseon rice/probiotics 50 spf
>my skin is slightly oily
How is this sunscreen for making your face shiny? I'm currently on the hunt for one that I can do the proper two-finger dosage and not be left looking like I dunked my head in a cold fry vat.
I'm going to try the Round Lab Birch Moisturizing but Beauty of Joseon Rice Relief is definitely on my list.
>>
>>18220009
It's been pretty good for me. It gives some shine, but not excessive imo. I'm quite pale so it might vary based on your skin tone, but it's been a reasonable level of shine for me with the two finger, just need to blend it well.

I skip out on moisturizer in the morning with it tho, so if you're doing both you might have a bit more shine.

Also got any body sunscreen recs? i'm going to try Derma B Everyday Sunblock but haven't gotten it yet
>>
>>18220018
>Also got any body sunscreen recs?
>>18211592
I have not personally tried this but it has some modern filters and it's about 40 USD. Shipping would probably jack it through the roof though.
>>
How are you cleaning out your ears? I know Q-Tips are prohibited
>>
>>18220009
Hada labo uv perfect gel
You can put an inch of it on with no shine
>>
How long, roughly, should it take for retinol to fuck my shit up if it's going to?
t. two and a half weeks into the "biweekly application" phase. Planning to escalate to "every other night" after the fourth week.
>>
Does this count as a moisturizer?
>>
>>18216596
If you do that the moisturiser wouldn't be as effective because you need to apply it on damp skin, and damping the skin after applying sunscreen would wash it off so it's worst of the both world.
>>
>>18220538
I just clean it in the shower by rubbing the earlobe and part of the canal, making sure no soap or water get inside. And 3% hydrogen peroxide, but I'm not sure how much is too much, I use it like every other day because I'm an IEMfag and my canal often become itchy as hell.
>>
File: 1685909976496553.png (97 KB, 653x523)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>don't use moisturizer -> skin gets too dry and breaks out
>use moisturizer -> pores get clogged and skin breaks out
>>
>>18221948
You need to use cleanser and then use a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
>>
>>18221951
>then use a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
The labels say they are... but idk. Even the thin watery one causes problems.
>You need to use cleanser
Can I just use a cleanser in the shower, then moisturize after I get out and dry off?
>>
>>18222078
>Can I just use a cleanser in the shower, then moisturize after I get out and dry off?
Yeah that works. I typically use cleaners, then shower, dry off and apply moisturizer. I also don't do everything every day either, I like to give my skin a break from time to time and just be itself.
>>
Any idea on how to deal with mild eczema
it tends to keep coming back in my face

It leaks. Hydrocortisol works wonders but I can't keep using it. I use it weekly for 3/4 days and then not for another 3 days but by then it tends to come back.
I use Vaseline which keeps my skin moist and works well but sometimes it's not enough
>>
>>18191053
What is the correct way to get rid of nose hairs? Is it okay to pluck?
>>
Honestly CeraVe seems like such a psyop. The moisturizing cream is waxy and makes a lot of people break out. Then I tried the lotion for something lighter but it didnt seem to be any better than much cheaper shit like Aveeno or Nivea. The hydrating cleanser doesn’t cleanse well and the foaming cleanser makes my skin as dry as spongebob in sandy’s tree dome. The retinol serums don’t seem worth the price when tretinoin and differin gel exist….

My routine
AM
Some japanese cleansing foam and I can’t read moon runes so idk brand.
Hatomugi Skin Conditioner
Beauty of Joseon Centella and Vit C
L’oreal Sensitive SPF lotion
Makeup

PM
Kose Speedy Cleansing oil (someone of taste already recommended upthread)
Same Jap cleanser
Hatomugi skin conditioner
Pyungkang Yul repair balm
WAIT TO DRY
Differin gel 2-3x a week
>>
>>18214862
>>18215950
Thank you for your reply. An update on my situation:
>went to dermatologist
>she brought out some tweezers that was some kind of steaming cup (nitrogen?)
>felt tiny, very slight sharp pain but otherwise had no idea what she was doing
>left the office, it still looked exactly the same
>skin tag dried up over the course of a few days and on day #4 it fell off in my sleep overnight
>cost was $17 with insurance (am not in US)
>>
>>18222558
Trim it with scissors, nose hairs are actually beneficial for you.
>>
File: 1722896985362252.jpg (126 KB, 1500x1000)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>18222558
They sell nose hair trimmers either as a standalone device or an attachment for beard trimmers or other such multifunctional grooming devices.
>>
Are chemical sunscreen safe? When I research about it, there’s risk behind it for some reason?
>>
>>18222950
Some studies have shown Octocrylene to be irritating when exposed to light (only occurs in sensitive individuals) and Oxybenzone is suspected to be a photocarcinogen. Avoid those two ingredients.
Modern chemical filters are perfectly fine.
>>
Weaker but frequent AHA or stronger but occasional AHA?
>>
>>18191053
I just noticed my cheek is quite fatty but if I do face exercise will I get wrinkles? I'm Asian and apparently we get more facial fat then others?
>>
>>18200274
That product broke me out like crazy. Switched to heimish All Clean Balm which is a much nicer product and doesn't break me out.
>>
>>18206341
>tretinoin
>sunscreen
>elite genetics
>>
Ive got milia on my face, I don't know what to use. I don't want to go to a dermatologist yet for a retinoid cream, what would be the best thing to use?
>>
>>18191053
What is the /hg/-approved method to remove body hair? (I'm too broke for laser.)
>>
>>18206341
How do I get those youthful eyes, /hg/?
Most of my aging shows in my eyes.
>>
>>18223979
I meant Leto's eyes btw.
>>
Avène XeraCalm A.D. is my new holy grail product when it comes to cleansers. Leaves my skin looking super clean without making me looking like a burn victim.
>>
>>18196238
Sunscreen filters are oil-soluble but they also bind to the surface of the skin. You WILL be reducing the SPF by a nontrivial but non-catastrophic amount. If you are using SPF 50+ and doing the proper two-fingers dose it should be fine if you're not spending a ton of time outside.

Consider a mattifying powder or a different sunscreen.
>>
>>18224271
>mattifying powder
will straight cornstarch powder works?
>>
File: IMG_6637.jpg (461 KB, 1179x2556)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
how to get rid of this? have had it since the start of the year
>>
Do collagen supplements do anything?
>>
>>18225512
Collagen type I and III is present in skin and blood vessels. You can definitely supplement your body's natural collagen production with well-formulated supplements. Look for something NSF or USP certified. If you want to improve your cartilage health too, look for supplements formulated to encourage Collagen Type II production as well.
Don't expect miracles, but consistent dosing will yield results after a few weeks.
In the meantime, try to avoid inhibiting your body's collagen production: don't smoke, avoid processed sugars and alcohol, wear sunscreen daily no matter what, limit your caffeine intake to a few hours a day (caffeine inhibits prolidase which is required to produce collagen).
>>
>>18219698
>when should i be moisturizing with this routine?
both am (before sunscreen) and pm (after retinol)
>how do people who are active wrap skincare into your routines?
after workout
>any suggestions for moisturizers for skin that most often deals with being oily but can easily get sensitive/dried out too?
AM routine: oil free moisturizer with niacinamide (eg cerave pm)
PM routine: something heavier that is non comedogenic - look for shea butter, squalane, jojoba oil etc (havent seen LRP Lipikar Baume AP + M recommended lately so here you go). you could also just slug with vaseline or buy squalane/jojoba oil and add it to whatever moisturizer you have right before applying (mix in your hands)
>>18219964
you good
if you want to add anything more the next thing you could consider is adding glycolic acid for skin texture and overall exfoliation. use it instead of tret once or twice weekly. start with a 7% toner (cosrx/the ordinary) and then get the ordinary 30% peel if you can tolerate it. high % AHA stimulates collagen production (aka anti aging)
>>18220002
>How can I improve on my skincare?
you need a retinoid. check earlier posts for beginner retinol recommendations
>now I believe that the Niacinamide is making me breaking out
make sure its the niacinamide breaking you out first by removing it from your routine for 2 weeks. or maybe its because you ran out of BP
>>18220009
nta but i needed a moisturizer before Beauty of Joseon Rice Relief. gave me natural finish afterwards
my next on the list is isntree hyaluronic acid spf
>>18220538
with fingers and shampoo or body wash during shower
sometimes before leaving just to be sure
>>18221232
varies from case to case, if you are using it every other week only then you might need more time
>>18221476
i usually use moisturizer before that
>>18221948
post routine & products
>>18222380
cant really help much but consider checking out dr dray on youtube or maybe doctorly to see what they say
>>18222558
i use >>18222584
>>
>>18222561
>Honestly CeraVe seems like such a psyop. The moisturizing cream is waxy and makes a lot of people break out
last time i heard this about Cetaphil. so now its back to Cerave again? damn
>didnt seem to be any better than much cheaper shit like Aveeno or Nivea
choice of products and prices vary between regions. i definetely would not get nivea as it has no active ingredients most of the time. aveeno is unavailable or very expensive in my area
>The hydrating cleanser doesn’t cleanse well
you double cleanse with it,. if you want cleanser that is slightly more effective on its own but is still non foaming and non drying then consider LRP Toleriane
>The retinol serums don’t seem worth the price when tretinoin and differin gel exist….
not everyone has access to stronger retinoids and not everyone wants them
in general finding a skincare product that suits you might take more than 3-4 products. its usually trial and error & takes time
>Pyungkang Yul repair balm
>WAIT TO DRY
>Differin gel 2-3x a week
i would switch these and use differin first but if it works for you then leave it as is
>>18222565
thanks for reporting back
>>18222950
>Are chemical sunscreen safe?
most modern ones are safe. if you are unsure then google filters in sunscreen you want and then you will know
>>18223442
30% glycolic acid once or twice a week
>>18223541
no idea but check out pictures of yourself when you didnt have them yet and see if its weight related
also better sleep can affect this positively and sleeping on your back
or maybe applying something cold
>>18223629
go to beautician/esthetician to have it removed
>>18223812
i use electric trimmer
>>18223979
>>18223981
probably retinoids and procedures like nucleofill light eyes
>>18224146
heard good things about moisturizer from this line
>>18224520
never tried but i heard silica (used in many skincare products) absorbs oil. maybe a moisturizer with it could help with sunscreen shine
>>18225285
moisturizer and slug with vaseline
>>
Best place to buy tretinoin cream/gel without spending a bunch in america? most places seem to charge 70-90 bucks for a 3months supply
>>
>>18226136
Skinorac
+Last time i ordered it shipped domestic
+No script required
+$6-$12 a tube depending on brand + $15-$20 shipping depending on how much you buy at once
- you pay with Amazon gift cards or money orders or zelle or other annoying things like that but i had no problems
>>
File: file.jpg (29 KB, 640x853)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>18226001
>last time i heard this about Cetaphil. so now its back to Cerave again? damn
Cerave has been pretty good in my recent experience. It does leave me pretty shiny (the PM one anyway) but breakouts don't seem to be a major issue, though I did notice I'd sometimes get a small pimple around my eye contour or higher cheek area. I will say the blemish control cleanser does tend to leave me dried out to the extreme and I need to moisturize near immediately after.

I recently started using pic related (which costs a fuckload) and it's been really good, no breakouts and leaves a comfortable matte finish.
>>
>>18191053
Can we talk a bit about shaving? My current shave routine (~3 times a week but I'm not really consistent about it):
1. Bulldog Original Shave Gel
2. Shave
3. Moisturizer (same moisturizer I use all the time).

Not sure if it makes a difference but I always make sure to shave at night so my skin has a bit of time to recover before exposure to sunlight.
If I already have a good skincare routine do I need to bother with anything but the obvious (shave gel/cream, sharp razors, moisturize after)
>>
>>18226724
Uh dude, shave with WHAT? Isn't that important too?
>>
>>18225977
>>18221948
>post routine & products
I shave before showering, using "gillette moisturizing shave gel"
(I don't think this is the issue, since I get pimples in areas I don't shave, and I've also used other products with no difference)
I use the "cerave renewing sa cleanser" in the shower (not every day)
I moisturize with "cerave moisturizing cream for normal to dry skin" afterwards (right after toweling off). I've also used "cetaphil moisturizing lotion" with the same result.
>>
>>18226763
>Uh dude, shave with WHAT?
I have a little dinosaur in my bathroom that nibbles my stubble off.

Nah, I just a standard 5-blade Gilette. I replace the head regularly because you gotta have a sharp razor. Occasionally people shill me straight razors but fuck that shit, I'm not slicing myself open because my hand slipped, and my gilette gets me a good enough shave anyway.
>>
>prominent sebaceous glands under eyes (chicken skin)
My current protocol to reverse this: retinol plus deliberately applying extra moisturizer to the area. I also make sure to hit it when cleansing but try to just do a gentle pass-over.
Obviously I apply sunscreen there too.
Any hot tips to make this go away faster?
>>
>>18227298
new bread
>>18227298
new bread
>>18227298
new bread
>>18227298
>>18227298
>>
>>18226724
>>18227152
Maybe try doing that thing where you put a damp warm towel on the area you're gonna shave before you begin.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.