[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is it a good idea for me to do

Squats - 3x7
Leg extensions - 3x12
Prone Leg Curls - 3x12

If I want better looking legs? I want to incorporate it into my SS routine, I did squats today and feel like it's not getting me the goals of aesthetics on its own
>>
yeah more leg work is definitely what SS needs
>>
add in some hp thrusts imho
>>
>>46808375
*hip
>>
>>46808375
that primarily works out the glutes, is it necessary? im more interested in having better shaped quads and hamstrings
>>
>>46808441
>that primarily works out the glutes
It's actually a quite well balanced workout. Yes the glutes get hit the hardest but it's also an effective Quad, Hamstrings and Lumbar Erector builder.
>im more interested in having better shaped quads and hamstrings
What you already posted looks fine then. Probably don't need leg extensions if you're already squatting. Leg curls are a good hamstrings isolation.
>>
>>46808331
>adding more leg volume to SS

are you out of your fucking mind
>>
>>46809087
>implying SS is much when DL (targets hammys partially but predominantly lower back) and Squats barely do the job anyway

There's a reason bodybuilders don't do DL, it's because it's shit for actually targetting legs and getting them looking good

Isolations are better for aesthetics, prove me wrong. Especailly in this case.
>>
If you do SS do it by the book. SS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A HYPERTROPTHY PROGRAM. Do your fahves
>>
>>46808331
sotp doing SS you fucking mong
>>
bulgarian split squat instead of extensions, RDL instead of curls
>>
>>46809641
>prove me wrong

i don't make a habit of arguing with retards
>>
>>46809641
>There's a reason bodybuilders don't do deadlift
>>
>>46808331
>ss routine
So you purposely want to look like shit?
>>
File: franco-columbu-deadlift.jpg (675 KB, 1879x1387)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>46809641
Have another
>>
>>46812933
>a man who openly used steroids and then told everyone later that you can not maintain this lifestyle and you should lift for health reasons
>>
>>46812959
Hey where are you going with those goal posts?
>>
Why do I get the sense that 99% it people on here are <1 year lifters?

The amount of bullshit in this thread.

If you actually want aesthetic legs and they’re lagging behind your upper body AND you REALLY insist on sticking to a body part split...just fucking do your upper body as usual on your brosplit, remove your “leg day” and then simply squat Monday/Wednesday/Friday for a few sets at above 75% if your 1RM. That will fix all of your problems. 3-5 sets of Squats every Monday/Wednesday/Friday, no leg day, and do your normal brosplit for your upper body as usual.

This is how I get all people who insist on doing bro split for upper body that have lagging legs and want to bring them up to par.

>Monday
3x5 or 5x5 Squats
Chest Bro day

>Tuesday
Back Bro day

>Wednesday
3x5 or 5x5 Squats

>Thursday
Shoulders Bro Day

>Friday
3x5 or 5x5 Squats
Arms Bro Day
>>
>>46813016
Also if you want to avoid interference you should do

Monday
>squats/back

Tuesday
>chest

Wednesday
>squats

Thursday
>shoulders

Friday
>squats/arms
>>
>>46813016
If people don't do a bro split but do want to be aesthetic what should they do instead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.