[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

who here /rawegg/ ?

I've been eating about 2 raw eggs a day, I feel good but scared about dying from it. Anyone do it for a long time and feel good? I want to be like rocky
>>
Just cook it and stop being lazy
>>
>>48306883
i heard cooking kills the nutrients in the egg white and yolk
>>
>>48306897
you heard a retarded ass shit and took it for granted because you are a retard. It is scientifically proven that cooking eggs makes all its nutrients and protein easier for the human body do digest when compared to eating it raw.
Enjoy the salmonela by the way
>>
>>48306897
no it kills the salmonella
>>
>>48306919
but logically, heat would kill the fragile enzymes and nutrients in a delicate egg... i don't see anything convincing about cooking eggs is better, i mean rocky ate it and he was fine. I think raw would be easier to digest too right? its more natural

>>48306953
I just had 2 more raw eggs, salmonella better not be a serious threat
>>
>>48306865
i've started doing raw egg yolks like 6-8 a day and I want to do more. No ill effects though I am thinking about trying to pasteurize them in my sous vide setup.
>>
>>48307017
Any major benefits you seen so far versus eating cooked eggs? I used to hard boil them (I still do) but now i also do raw eggs (I just drink them raw). The first time I did it I got a little euphoric high from it, but idk if it was placebo
>>
I read somewhere you only absorb 40% of the protein in a raw egg, whereas you absorb 90% of the protein in a cooked one
>>
>>48307028
this

especially if you boil the egg, it protects the yolk
>>
>>48306988
I don't know what you're talking about, there's nothing "alive" in an egg. You probably mean something about the heat denaturing the protein which is meaningless because your body breaks it down into its constituent parts regardless. Heat doesn't change the chemical composition of the egg.
>>
you can only absorb all 6g of protein of the egg if you go raw and pour it inside your asshole (greater absorption)
>>
>>48307024
Definitely easier to eat more of them this way and I feel better afterwards
>>
>>48306883
are you fucking retarded? we (mammals) were made to eat raw eggs, our canines are specifically made to pierce through the thin layer of eggshell (which has salmonella) and eat only the delicious insides (by puring inside our assholes)
have you ever tried pouring a cooked egg inside your asshole? its much harder than puring a raw one
>>
I eat 5 raw eggs mixed with a banana and peanut butter
>>
>>48307070
I think there are lots of enzymes and proteins in raw eggs that are fragile to damage from heat. And there is obviously a difference in digestion and metabolism from "raw egg > heat cooked egg > stomach" versus "raw egg > stomach".

>>48307096
Boofing eggs, interesting
>>
>>48306865
You get less protein from raw eggs by a significant amount.
Also if you want to have raw eggs make sure to wash the shell briefly first and also supplement biotin as raw eggs will cause you to become seriously deficient otherwise.
>>
>>48306865
*hehe's ur path*
>>
>>48307131
How would the protein amount change between raw and cooked? If anything wouldn't it have more protein raw since cooking would damage proteins
>>
>>48307127
Sorry man it’s not true, you simply get way more in terms of nutrition from a cooked egg even if some of the total nutrients are lost. It’s like getting 80% of 200 instead of 5% of 1000. The total goes down but what you absorb will be greatly improved.
In terms of Disease you really only want to eat free range eggs raw the issue comes from chickens raised in cramped conditions shitting all over the eggs and each other. Even with free range just make sure to give the shell a brief rinse. I used to take 2 in my protein shake, just cracked them into the blender.
>>
>>48307148
See
>>48307164
It has to do with absorbing nutrients. The whole point of cooking is to add work in the form of heat to the food, this aids digestion and allows for significantly higher levels of nutrient absorption.
This is 100% proven it’s just a matter of basic physics, you exert work on food to digest it in a oversimplified sense and cooking just helps the process
>>
>>48307131
clueless retard. biotin deficiency is caused by eating only egg whites in large amounts, biotin is in the yolk
>>
Is ro egg as gud as ro met?
>>
>>48306919
404 choline not found
>>48306865
There is literally no reason you should die from it. If a food is carrying pathogens it wouldn't make much of a difference whether you cooked it or not. Salmonella is also found largely on the shells and can easily be washed off.
>>
>>48307645
Yeah and if you eat raw eggs you will get a lot of raw egg white. It’s got to do with avidin which binds biotin making it difficult to absorb and leading to deficiencies. Cooking denatures avidin so cooked eggs don’t have this issue but if you want to make raw eggs a part of your diet it’s important to consider.
I guess it’s maybe an evolved thing? Like to stop egg thief’s from eating eggs as much in nature as they won’t get the biotin from the yummy yolk?
>>
>>48307645
False, raw eggs inhibit biotin absorption. Look it up. Was literally in my biochemistry textbook you nignog
>>
File: cole.jpg (37 KB, 500x484)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>48306865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61H-gtJq4Bc
>>
>>48307852
>SNAKE MAN!!!!

Hey OP im eating four raw egg yolks per day. I cook the whites.

Feeling great! Go organic high quality eggs
>>
>>48306988
Maybe that is because Rocky is a fictional character just like your gf.
Also your observation about easier digestion because of being raw is just plain stupidity. We developed cooking because it makes food easier to digest and more energy dense not the other way around.
>>
>>48307017
Pasteurization levels of heat would denature the protein rendering the eggs cooked.
>>
>>48306865
Can’t you fucking nerds just be normal?
>>
>>48306897
cooking makes it more bio available, meaning your body can absorb more of the nutrients
>>
File: will durant.png (97 KB, 505x566)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>48308336
You destroy certain nutrients when you cook food. Maybe you're able to extract more calories out of the food when you cook it. Primitive hunter-gatherers still eat a ton of raw meat.
>>
>>48307096
Good damn you are retarded we developed hard boiling eggs because then it becomes a simple plug and play operation. No aiming no pouring just shove and go, perfect for the young and active lifestyle we all love so much.
>>
>>48308391
So whats your point i didn't write anything about nutrients, i wrote that cooking makes food more energy dense and it does.
>>
File: 1536324180519.png (131 KB, 629x1173)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>48308391
YES FUCKING READ THE RESPONSES YOU INBRED FUCK! YOU DESTROY SOME NUTRIENTS BUT CAN ABSORB A LARGER TOTAL YOU COCKGOBBLING FUCK NUGGET!
>>
>>48308996
Micros are not the same thing as macros.
>>
>>48309015
You still absorb more micro nutrients from the same principle
>>
File: git_ooooout.jpg (37 KB, 750x747)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>eating food in 2018
fucking inferior pieces of shit. If your diet isn't 100% deep breathing nutritious air, you're a beta leftist and suck jew cock for a living.
>>
protip: mix the eggs in a glass with a tiny bit of milk and then chug. i do this sometimes when im too lazy to cook or feel like fat dicking it like rocky. salmonella will just help me with my cut anyways yolo you fuckin dyel pussies.
>>
>>48309085
How do I absorb more micronutrients if cooking destroys them?
>>
Im doing Vince Girondas 36 eggs a day with great results
>>
>>48306865
OP I've eaten raw eggs when I was younger and first started lifting. Did it for about 2 months every other day or so.
Never got salmonella. The risk is purely on the outside of the egg. So be careful where you buy from and how you crack it.

It's still a risky thing. I will say I felt less full downing 2 raw eggs than 2 cooked ones. But if you can, just throw it in with a protein shake and call it a day. Don't over do it. Gains were adequate for first time lifters obviously. But it gave me a better feel overall. Nothing AMAZING about it though.
>>
>>48309100
Goddamn Sam Hyde is ugly as fuck
>>
File: 1522530400417.jpg (238 KB, 800x800)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>48311241
>>
>>48311241
wouldn't probably be too bad if he lost weight, shaved, got hair implants and got a haircut. too lazy to shoop it tho.
>>
File: 1541608247069.png (152 KB, 1294x478)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>48306988
>salmonella better not be a serious threat
Oh sweetie
>>
>>48309812
You are trolling
>>
>>48311241
I’d take that back if I were you anon we are talking about the most prolific mass shooter in the history of the world here.
>>
File: 1536291261893.gif (1.35 MB, 269x151)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
Just had a dozen egg yolks blended with a cup of milk and some honey
>>
>>48311400
Anon he can't keep getting away with it. This last massacre was horrible!
>>
File: 1537742051121.jpg (22 KB, 600x600)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>48306865
>Raw egg white
Enjoy your biotin deficiency retard.
>>
>>48306865
Imagine lifting and still being that unattractive because you refuse to let go of your "hair".
>>
>>48311190
how much food beyond that are you able to put down?
>>
I've been eating 6 raw eggs everyday for over a year; Salmonella comes from bacteria on the egg shell, and they sterilize it before distribution. So don't eat it raw right from the chicken anus.
>>
>>48306865
Raw eggs cause biotin deficiency which causes hair loss.
Explains why his hairline is so fucked up.
>>
AVIDIN IN EGG WHITES WILL BIND TO BIOTIN UNLESS YOU COOK IT AND YOUR HAIR AND SKIN WILL TURN TO SHIT
>>
>>48311916
his hairline has been like that before he started eating raw food
>>
>>48311916
His hair was like that way before his current diet.
>>
>>48306988
Im honestly surprised that anybody managed to fall for this bait. I really should stop spending time on this board
>>
I used to drink a glass of about four like Rocky. I never saw benefits or problems. Now I eat macadamia nuts and my skin looks healthier
>>
>>48306865

He's gone to the far opposite of the tard extreme.

Also, one of the big issues of the Veg or Carn Raw movements is that it relies on pseudo science to justify itself.

The use of fire to cook food is something even africans do. They might not have invented the wheel, but dammit they cook their food.

If we weren't meant to cook our food, and well adapted to it, we would have much, Much sharper teeth and our molars would be designed to cut flesh like dogs and cats.
>>
>>48312539
This is a small argument. It's vegans on one side, and meat eaters on the other.

Some millionaire can afford thousands of dollars worth of the best sushi, he's on the same side as the humblest mcfoods MacDonald's patron, lined up against the enemy- vegans.

(But f you don't eat raw meat your a cuck)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.