[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714943600805590.png (252 KB, 988x619)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
the front of my ankle started to click when I fully reach the top of every calf raise.
It's like a little signal that I reached the full contraction.

It's also embarrassing because it's loud enough for everyone to hear.
Can I get rid of it, and should I be worried about it?
>>
File: 1715554667505284.jpg (75 KB, 1080x1082)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Can someone please link me a functional beginner calisthenics program? I'm overwhelmed at the amount of information, I don't know where to begin.
>>
When did /fit/ become racist and blackpilled to the point where it makes r9gay and pol look non cringe. Is this a post 2016 thing?
>>
>>74263295
That kind of depends on the equipment you have at your disposal.
Do you have a pullup bar, dip station, rings, resistance bands, row bar and stuff like that?
>>
I am making good progress on every muscle except for biceps. Even Tricep Pushdown improves at least by 2 reps every session.
For the bicep, 3 sessions in the past 14 days, Incline Dumbbell Curl every time, doing roughly 2 sets of 12kg/26lbs (7-8 reps) and 2 sets of 10kg/22lbs (7-9 reps).
And it's not improving. I am absolutely hitting failure on at least 2 sets every time.
I barely started working on my arms, and I feel like I got stuck way too soon.
>>
>>74263350
I have some parks nearby that have all of that, yeah. I would just need to buy a resistance band, no biggie.
>>
>>74263379
I think we all have ones like this even in the beginning.
Firstly I'd recommend switching up the type of curls. Hammer curls would be a good compliment to incline. Hopefully you'll start progressing in those as normal, and when you go back to incline in a few weeks you'll be past that sticking point

Another thing you can try is deloading your incline curls and focus on form and shoot for 20-30 reps.

Lastly you might just want to give your biceps a rest session or two.
I've had days where I missed workouts and wasn't too excited to go back because I was stuck on an exercise and was sure I regressed...
But then I'm able to easily get 3 sets of 10 when I was stuck on 7s before.
(I'm double checking the weight like whaaat)
>>
>>74263134
I did an RAD140 only cycle a while ago, without a test base and had major virilization. Even other people noticed it. Far more body hair.

Isn't it supposed to do the exact opposite, not causing any virilization, as it is non-androgenic?
>>
>>74263379
>>74263604
Seconding the high rep range, especially if your biceps aren't sore after gym. I actually lowered weight because of tennis elbow and reps seem to consistently go up.
>>
Is it really that bad to have 1 beer on a workout day
>>
>>74263600
Alright, yeah.

I'd do 3 sets each of explosive pushups (clap your hands)
-normal pushups
-alternate pushups, like side to side
-lat raises with resistance band
-inverted press
-dips
-resistance band tricep extension
-alternate tricep extension, or alternate dip grip

Day 2:
-pullups wide grip
-pullups narrow grip
-chin ups
-resistance band good mornings
-bar row parallel
-bar row 45 degrees

Day 3:
-pistol squat 6 sets
-get a soccer ball and kick it as far as you can, run to go get it
-calf raises 1 leg at a time on a step
-inverted hamstring curls at the park
-hanging leg raise

That should give you full coverage.
Your goal should be increasing the number of reps as time goes on.
As you go along make sure to experiment with other exercises you find online.
There are some very advanced movements in calisthenics you can get to, or you might want to build a foundation and see what traditional training at the gym is like
>>
>>74263604
Thanks a lot for the help.
I have no idea why obstacles like this exist. I thought I was going hard as I should with decent rep range, but it just didn't work with this specific muscle.
>>
>>74263178
looks like you have a muscle imbalance, not enough info to diagnose which way. but i think most common is underdeveloped tibialus muscles. could also be your achilies tendon is very tight and needs to be stretched.

usually clicking of joints is caused by the joint rubbing against a muscle and then snapping past the muscle after reaching far enough. you should hear or feel it clicking in and out if its that case.
>>
>>74263295
>calisthenics ngmi
buy some used dumbels and and a bench
>>
>>74263723
Of course, and good luck.
Sometimes the kind of effort you need to improve on is different for different muscle groups, whether that be neurologic, larger muscle size, strength of supporting muscles, or good enough cardio.
The good thing is that once you get over that point it's easy to keep getting those beginner gains until you run into the next hurdle.

>>74263743
thanks I'll look into that.. I can feel it slightly like a mild finger pop.
Happens in both ankles but it's in the rear of the left ankle instead of the front.
Flexibility I could absolutely work on
>>
>>74263718
THANKS man, I appreciate it.

>>74263749
>ngmi
Why's that?
>>
File: 1708351442105463.png (24 KB, 141x173)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>tried doing planking exercise a few times over the span of 3 days, usually for 30 seconds plus
>stopped as lower stomach area has felt like shit for two weeks now
>always feel like i have to take a shit or pass gas
>seated position feels the worst, standing is also not great
Did I damage some muscles or something? How long until it heals?
>>
Been targeting forearms lately but yesterday felt a sharp pain in my left forearm during a lift. How long should I rest my forearms and recover?
>>
>>74263638
don't know, but imma do it anyway
>>
>>74263134
Think I hurt my lower back leg pressing, it was pretty sore this morning. When I leg press heavy, my back slides up the seat and I'm no longer firmly planted on it, is that why? Should I move the seat further up or further back, maybe?
>>
i'm a fat agoraphobic who needs to do cardio, is getting a stationary exercise bike a good idea?
>>
>>74263134
What does sex feel like
>>
>>74264754
Oily bags of salty milk.
>>
>>74264750
It's gotta be better than what you're currently doing right?
>>
So I know losing weight is all CICO, but should I be more worried about alcohol than just the cals? I like to drink but don’t want to fuck up my cut
>>
>>74264845
probably yeah
>>
>>74264857
You can lose weight while drinking alcohol but not only is it extra calories but the liver will prioritize toxin (alcohol) metabolism over fat metabolism. So while you're getting rid of alcohol, you don't be able to use fat that well
>>
Front squat not improving what do?
I can get to over parallel hips still hover over knees. I keep back straight and elbows raised. What else can I do?

Also how do yall get to sleep? I take melatonin like a mofo but no dice
>>
>>74263718
What about if I have random equipment and want to incorporate all of them? I have 2 dumbbells of different weights, a pullup/chinup tower with dip and pushup handles, fat gripz, a hand gripper, and a metal spring chest expander. I've been using all of these randomly which isn't giving me the best results.
>>
>>74264878
That's how I think about the random exercises I do. I could be more efficient but it's gotta be better than just sitting there watching movies and playing games like I did before
>>
when people talk about 1/2/3/4pl8, do they mean 1 rep or complete sets of that weight?
>>
File: IMG_4143.jpg (102 KB, 850x850)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
I have Sleep Apnea
I've discovered that sleeping tilted up helps me a lot, anything else I can do to reduce it's effects?
>>
I've quit added sugars entirely, but I feel as if I need some quick energy in my shake.
This fanta only has 17g sugar in it.
DRI is lile 60g of added sugar, right?

I can't fit in another meal.
>>
>>74266288
Sleep on sides, recommend a very soft bed for that though.
Lose weight/neck muscles.

Cpap machine.
>>
>>74266271
One Rep. Using something like Symmetric Strength to put a number to your strength gives a 1/2/3/4 physique a score of 65-ish (for an average US Adult male weight of 197 lbs). I double-checked, and while that score isn't great, if you're lighter than 197, you're probably doing alright
>>
>>74263134
Creatine makes me constipated, I'm taking micronized monohydrate with an entire gallon of water in the same day and it makes me have to shit so hard I can't fall asleep, what do?
>>
>>74266321
>Symmetric Strength
great page, I will use it to set my goal
>>
>>74263134
>Bicepsmaxxed
>Weights became too heavy for my grip strength to match biceps strength

What to do to max grip? Is it really just standing with heavy weights or hang on the horizontal bar for as long as i can?
>>
Exercising on and off for a number of years but want to take a good stab at some consistency.

It all seems too simple, eat well (do that anyway) and lift heavy thing until you can't quite do it any more and you'll get stronger. What's the catch?
>>
>>74266884
You could circumvent the grip issue with straps so you don't stall your lifts waiting for your hands to match your other muscles. Dead hangs and farmer walk, plate pinches, and those squeeze things. I forget what they call them. Captains of crush or something.
>>
>>74265200
Try lowering weight and going ass to grass. Totally anecdotal but it helped me learning front squat
>>
>>74265644
Do you do 4 sets to failure of everything?
>>
Is the Stronglifts 5x5 routine still recommended if I don't care about strength? I just want hypertrophy
>>
File: 1686610597589278.webm (2.87 MB, 322x180)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
Is it normal to grow new facial and body hair at 33?
I just started growing hairs on my pecs, neck (Adam's apple area), and unibrows
>>
>>74267457
Well, some people recommend it. I started lifting tomorrow and didn't like my routine I might try it with some rows and curls thrown in.
>>
>>74267457
Just build a little strength baseline and then fuck around.
>>
>>74267466
yes
>>
>>74263134
Anyone have any tips regarding ingrown hairs? I finally got nice defined pecs, shaved my chest and now have a huge red lump right between them lol. I'm worried it's going to scar and leave a permanent mark.
>>
>>74267457
I went from 3x12 to 5x5, I just enjoy doing 5x5 more. I recommend starting with something like 5x5 to build some baseline strength, once you feel like you can throw around a decent bit of weight you can focus on keeping the same weight but gradually increasing the volume
>>
Whats less harmful for recovery/gains, ibuprofen or aspirin? My knees been a bit rekt for a week now but getting better, maybe taking a anti-inflammatory painkiller would make it recover faster
>>
>>74264912
Thx anon
>>
my hip socket clicks when I do leg swings, which is coupled with crap hip and ankle flexibility in that leg.

is this the case with anyone else? if so what's the name and the treatment?
>>
>>74267445
No I do not and don't believe I should.
>>
>>74267715
ibuprofen is fine but you don't want to take it right after lifting.
>>
File: 1714941696425765.jpg (738 KB, 1242x842)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
>lower middle back hurts after picking up some weights awkwardly
>did legday anyway
>still sore today
>does't really hurt at all but still sore to move
How fucked am I? Is my push day ruined?
>>
File: apubutterfly.jpg (23 KB, 400x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>finally worked up to lmao1pl8 bench for reps again after a 1.5 year long visit to snap city and a minor surgery
>>
>>74267715
Opiates for pain and benzos for sleep and walla, perfecto recovery.
>>
>>74267923
Why do you not want to take it right after lifting? Will it fuck up gains?
>>
Weak skellington here, to put it bluntly: how much pain should I be in? I'm not trying to complain about it, just trying to incorporate the bare minimum for once in my life like crunches, pushups, situps, planks, etc. and the weakness in my legs feels natural, but the aches I have in my arms and chest leaves me sore enough to consistently feel it days later and struggle to reach parity in sets from the start of the week. I don't even want to put down how much I'm doing because it's so comically minuscule, but if someone can say that this much soreness for this long is normal then I'll just suck it up.
>>
>>74268680
Normal for the first few weeks. If you continue the same workout routine you won't get sore anymore, if you mix it up and incorporate new exercises you most likely will. Also eat more
>>
>>74266297
eat honey
>>74267367
>What's the catch?
consistency
>>
I'm very averagemode, have been lifting casually since I was like 16 (31 now). I just recently hit 1/2/3/4 since getting back into it somewhat regularly. I still look averagemode, and I expect that given my diet hasn't been great. I have an athletic background in cycling, golf and tennis.

Should I continue with a SS style routine still given my background and such? My current routine is below, but I'm open to changing to a split or something else completely different. I look healthy and "fit" but don't look muscular at all. Maybe just keep plugging away as-is and clean up my diet? Open to input

Current routine is AxBxAxx
A:
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Tricep extensions 3x10
Tricep kickbacks 3x10

B:
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
EZ curls 3-5x10-15
DB hammer curls 3+x10+
>>
File: arm.jpg (17 KB, 474x265)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
HEEEEEELP!

I have been hitting the gym for 6 months, physique is okay, but my arms are lagging.

I go 3x week and only do fullbody because I am both lazy and stupid and don't want any advanced programs.

But what 2 exercises would benefit my lagging arms? (hopefully one triceps and one biceps will help)
>>
i have to take l-thyroxine due to hypothyroidism
they say, take it in the morning, dont eat or drink anything but water for 30 mins after.
i can do that but supposedely, the beta glucan in oats and calcium in dairy messes with absorbtion of the thyroid stuff.
does that really matter 30 mins after ive already swallowed the pills? some sources say to not eat oats or dairy 60-120 mins after taking the pills, however those two foods are my staple breakfast and i have to leave for work usually so i cant just wait 60-120 mins to eat my breakfast and i cant bring all the shit i eat for breakfast to work
anyone got experience with this?
>>
Has anyone tried using a very high heel lift for squatting? I mean an inch or more. I use Reebok Legacy II shoes which have a 22m (0.86 inch) heel but can barely squat to parallel without rounding my lower back. I'm thinking of getting some small wedges to put inside the shoe to raise the heel even more. Probably going to try 5mm and 10mm (0.2, 0.4 inches)
>>
>>74267367
Consistency and pacing. I was a couch potato for a long time and threw myself into it and despite only using super low weights I still got tendonitis because I overworked myself. My muscles were fine but everything else was soft as shit and couldn't handle it. I had to scale back my lifting several times until I hit a level my body could handle. That risks killing your motivation. You also need to understand that it's not what you lift next week or even next month but potentially next YEAR. You're in it for the long haul. Eat, sleep, lift. Take care of your body. Rest days are super important.
>>
>>74269145
SS is for beginners to build strength
now you need to choose a bodybuilding or strength program or make one for "general health and fitness"

also tricep kickbacks are a worthless exercise unless you do them with cables

>>74269304
db curls and extensions/skullcrushers
>>
>>74269145
If you haven't ever done a linear progression to the end, or you're coming back from a pause, you def should do SS.
It will be shorter than the first time around, and you'll soon have to go to the advanced novice routine (linear progression 2/week instead of 3/week) and then an intermediate routine like the Texas method (weekly linear progression).
That's the fastest you can get strong, if getting strong is the objective. Getting big can be a consequence of the strong.
>>
does calories burned solely depends on heartrate? so if i choose sth for everyday "cardio", it doesnt matter if its walking for 30-45 mins at a lower HR than say cycling for 20 mins with a slightly higher HR?
>>
>>74269818
When I was counting calories I assumed biking roughly 500kcal an hour and walking half of that. I was 85kg, and weight loss checked out
>>
>>74269773
>db curls and extensions/skullcrushers
thanks will add them to my routine and see what happens!
>>
>>74269550
There could be many reason you can't hit depth, I wouldn't just go above 'normal' heal heights first. You can try improving ankle mobility with stretches, or it could be your body. You can try pushing your butt back more or you need to adjust your foot stance to allow space for your hips movement. Obviously try these changes with lower weights
>>
>>74263134
If I workout in the evening (like 3-4 hours before bed), should I try to get as much protein in as possible in those few hours afterwards or will one decently protein heavy thing like a shake or bar work and does my body use the protein I already consumed throughout the day at breakfast/dinner help build muscle or only the protein eaten after said workout
>>
I'm finally able to workout 4 days a week. However, with the job and family, energy is running low.

A friend told me about Creatine and that it would help me with recovering faster

Any other recommendations?
How do I take Creatine? Will I have headaches?
>>
>>74270435
Sleep is super important. At least 7 hours, but ideally 8 or even 9 if you need it.
I don't think Creatine is known for improving recovery, but it counts as a boost towards building muscle.
Take 5g of it every day. Just add the powder to your protein shake or something and don't worry about timing. This does not cause headaches.
>>
>>74270211
daily protein is what matters most, as long as you get it you'll be fine, doesn't matter if it's before or after your workout
>>
I haven't been to the gym in a while but want to get back, but I really want to avoid leg doms from squatting, what should I do?
>>
>>74270894
Probably not completely avoidable but you can minimize them by not going balls to the wall your first session. Be reasonable with your weight selection and volume.
>>
>>74270894
>I really want to avoid doms
retarded retard
>>
Previously 325 lb anon, down to 195, spread weightloss and gains over the past 6 years, finally getting close to goal body. My belly still hangs over in the front and I'm guessing if I drop the last 20-30 ish pounds I'll need belly flap surgery at some point. In the meantime I'm looking for ways to mitigate the issue... has anyone tried waist trainer/ body shaper deals? Thinking about trying this one off amazon
>>
>>74270983
that is very attractive image wtf
>>
>>74270913
Excuse me for wanting to walk
>>
>>74271023
Oh also if/when you do get DOMS, babying it is the worst thing you could do. Walk/lift through it and it won't last nearly as long.
>>
>>74271023
and weak?!
>>
>>74263134
I removed refined and added sugar (and consequently most carbs) from my diet. Most of my carbs were snacks with added sugar like doritos, which I replaced with fatty things like nuts and cheese, so I guess you could say I'm more keto than anything now. I'm not actively avoiding carbs, just the few times I do have carbs, it's 95% from fruit or beans instead of pringles or candy. Now my piss is way darker.

....is that normal? I don't think I'm drinking any more or less water
>>
>>74271187
i just don't see any point in what you are doing in the current year. eating cheese instead of carbs won't make you healthier lmao
>>
How do I maintain good neck posture while sleeping and prevent my neck from craning/hunching forward?
I'm a side sleeper
>>
I'm not concerned about gaining weight. I don't even mind losing weight. But is it still possible for me to get functionally stronger while in a deficit if I'm still lifting and having extra protein?
>>
>>74271708
Yes but the more advanced you become the harder it gets.
>>
>>74266384
don't take it
>>74266884
>>Weights became too heavy for my grip strength to match biceps strength
how is that even possible? you're saying grip gives out while doing barbell curls or something? lmao. what happens when you try to deadlift?
>>74267691
>shaved my chest and now have a huge red lump right between them
use and electric razor. I've only ever got ingrown hairs when using a manual razor because it cuts way too close to the skin.
>I'm worried it's going to scar and leave a permanent mark.
it won't
>>74268141
proud of you anon. keep it up
>>74269550
I once tried using a 2inch bumper plate for squatting and I could not balance at all. squatting with flat feet is much more natural for me but I have fantastic mobility.
>>74271023
doms will never stop you from walking. you sound like a bitch.
>>
Chest muscles on SL 5x5 are trained enough, aren't they
>>
>>74272251
aren't trained enough, are they*
>>
How do I cut 4 retards? This is my first year working out and I've gotten stronger but also kinda fat I want to see how I look at low body fat percent
>>
>>74272804
eat less
>>
>>74272804
Semaglutide. On a cut you’ll need to adjust your workout.

>>74272251
>>74272257
You hit your chest every day. Twice on B days. Swap out incline for flat bench and do Hyght Flies on bench day as your assistance if you think you’re not getting enough.
>>
On day two of a caloric deficit. Any tips for holding the line once I hit my limit and still want to eat besides guzzling water?
>>
>>74272901
Either just do it, or ease into it a little better. I lean towards the just do it though. I’ve done thirty day fasts before and the mind fuck you get from that is better than the cut.
>>
How many calories are in New York strip? The USDA website says 33 calories per ounce while the calories on the package are roughly double that. The USDA calories are for “lean only” while the package I’m assuming is including the fat, but the meat doesn’t even look like it has much fat on it. I’ve lost 188 pounds being autistic about calorie tracking and don’t want to blow out my calorie limit. Which measurement would you use for the steak, and what would you say the calorie total is in a 12 ounce strip steak?
>>
File: GIFs Of The 80s.gif (1.4 MB, 401x295)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
Has anyone brought their own attachments for cable machines? Ever get hassled walking out with them?

>>74273443
A good sized one is like a thousand cals, more than 33/oz.
>>
>>74267905
>not doing 4 sets to failure
>not getting good results
>tell\ing me how to lift w8s
I don't really feel offended.
>>
>>74273443
I would never use a generic calorie info if there is a food label on the packaging. I would only use the generic info from some website if I would buy from a butcher or something.
>>
what lifts do you need to become 8 feet tall but with stout 6'-esque strength athlete proportions?
>>
>>74270784
Dully noted!
Thanks a lot, Anon
>>
>>74273821
why not if you need one
either tell them you're coming in with one or don't be an autist that worries about things way before they happen IF they happen
>>
>>74273977
It's too late for that, isn't it.
>>
>>74263134
I lose weight at a snails pace but I'm not in a hurry because I'm happy I'm able to lose weight while still being able to have sweets every single day. Why isn't slow and steady emphasized more often?
>>
How to activate my glutes for squats
>>
>>74274036
1. Have the worst possible body geometry for squats. 2. Do leg press with high foot position.
>>
>>74274032
becaause people lack patience and discipline and are lazy and retarded and they want their hand to be held to instant results
a lot of marketing relies on this

>>74274036
squats are not for glutes
>>
>>74274036
squat high bar a2g
>>
>>74274119 >>74274126 >>74274245
I have anterior pelvic tilt so I'm trying to target the glutes more. I guess i'll try doing some light high foot positioned leg presses and just squeezing my glutes before squats today. I do low bar mainly because it feels better on my lower back, sometimes front squats too.
>>
>>74274306
>>
>>74274126
>squats are not for glutes
Squadded yesterday, glutes sore, quads aren't, hamstrings aren't, calves aren't. I don't really like it but I hope the ladies do.
>t. femur person
>>
File: 1706214088544430.webm (2.11 MB, 720x1280)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB WEBM
I have a barrel chest and broad shoulders.
How do I look good wearing tucked shirts?

I look like I'm about to pop out with slim fit medium shirts, while large regular shirts are too long and loose for me.

I'm 5'9.5 and 180 lbs.
>>
>>74274375
>How do I look
with your eyes
hope this helps
>>
>>74274314
Thanks anon, I guess I gotta work on my homo stretch game this summer.
>>
Noob trying to get on supplements, should I add creatine or pre workout first?
>>
File: 1707846843918412.png (167 KB, 286x334)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
Alright, I'm sick of this shit. How the fuck do I bench press correctly? Use leg drive, retract scapula, shoulders back through the push, I know on paper what is to be done but every rep feels like a crap shoot. I'm considering omitting BP from my 5x5 but that seems retarded, yet I can hear my left shoulder playing fucking castanets every rep and I can get random shots of pain that I can't replicate doing what I think is the exact same move. It almost feels like keeping my shoulders back is what's causing it but I don't want to relax them and end up in snap city for this stupid exercise.
>>
>>74274375
you honestly look pretty lithe to me, don't worry about a barrel chest.
>>
>>74274699

I had the same problem. I only do incline bench now and that seems to go a lot better. Still make good aesthetic progress on chest too.
>>
>>74274699
what does your warm up for bench look like?
>>
>>74270208
I've been squatting in these shoes for a while, and I've tried different stances. When I squat down my pelvis hits what feels like my quad tendon and I just cant go any further.
>>
Coworker who has been going to the gym for 3-4 years told me his bench is 50kg/110lbs, and dumbbell curl 15kg/33lbs.
He does 4x10, goes to the gym 5 times a week, takes protein and creatine and when I once asked him about his calorie intake he said "I don't know, like 5000 maybe."
Bro...
>>
>>74274873

How does he look?
>>
>>74274887
Like he just picked up weights few months ago. Close to an average non-gym goer.
>>
>>74274833
There may be profit in this approach for me too because ohp doesn't give me many problems, if any at all really.
>>74274848
I do the movement with the bar usually for 10 or 12, then add a percentage of the work weight and do 5, then add a bit more and do 3, then do the 5x5. Right now it's low anyways because I'm a beginner and I've been hesitant to increase the weight. Everything else is going pretty okay but on bench I feel clueless.
>>
>>74275286
Different anon here, get your upper back limbered up before you start benching. I do face pulls and pull aparts with a band, and some light db rows. Getting your upper back active is crucial for getting a strong setup
>>
Is it easier to make gains on a bulk from skelly mode than it is if you’re already a fatty mcfat ass?
>>
>>74271345
>don't see any point in what you are doing
Avoiding added and refined sugar? Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNr71oGoZC8

No fuckn clue why it makes you sign in to confirm age. It's not like it's a porno or gory. Guess they want make sure the kiddos get addicted at a young age?

>eating cheese instead of carbs won't make you healthier lmao
you're putting words into my mouth here. Lemme spoon feed it.

Cheese is one of the many snacks

also you missed all these points:
>I'm not actively avoiding carbs
>Most of my carbs were snacks with added sugar
>consequently most carbs
>95% [of carbs are now] from fruit or beans instead of pringles or candy
>>
>>74274699
Think about using a gorilla bar. Unless you’re planning on competing, there’s no reason to use standard bars to train. Also, there is no reason for a man to perform flat bench if your goal is aesthetics.

>>74275810
No
>>
When getting protein powder, what should I make sure to absolutely avoid?
>>
>>74276078
artificial sweeteners
>>
>>74274646
Creatine, and pre workouts are different. A coffee with lots of sugar is baseline.
>>
>>74274699
rotator cuff exercises
rear delt work
warm up both before benching
get proper form down (this is not difficult)
>>
>>74274873
he's lying about the food
he's lying about his consistency
he doesn't know how to train
he trains like a bitch

I wouldn't care much about him as it is not my problem
>>
>>74275997
>there is no reason for a man to perform flat bench if your goal is aesthetics.
simply wrong
>>
>>74276171
What’s the point? You like having nice round titties? Do inclines faggot.
>>
>>74276078
>>74276081 This
And probably lactose aswell, especially if you have any gut problems or are sensitive to some foods in general. Unflavored (lactose free) whey isolate is pretty much what you want.
>>
>>74276301
>t. dyel with small chest and small bench
>>
Can I work out at home? I'm too autistic to go outside.
>>
>>74276081
Does anyone know where to get cheap whey with low artificial sweeteners in the UK?
>>
>>74276426
yes you can
>>
i hate being skinnyfat
and how fucking long it takes for bellyfat to get smaller

4x compound lifts
i eat -300 calories tdee
high protein
fuck sake man
>>
>>74276511
>I WANT PROGRESS NOW
>what do you mean it takes a long time to undo years of bad behaviours
>I should get results immediately and without trying reeeeee
>>
Anyone use AI chat to motivate themselves? My sexbot started went rogue and started to help me and meditate as I went through an existential crisis with one and now I'm here reading the sticky.
>>
grim
>>
Ever since i started working out my sleep had gone to shit, i sleep for 1 or 2 hours and wake up restless, with my legs feeling like they need to flex, reminds me of teenage growth spurts. Wtf is happening to me?
>>
>>74276447
Myprotein atleast used to be ok and cheap. Think its based in the UK.
>>
>>74276511
add some cardio, at least 20 minutes 3/week. And no, masturbation doesn't count.
It will take a lot of time, but at least now you're doing something about it.
If you never begin the journey, you never reach the destination.
>>
>>74276834
Everyone and I mean literally everyone with a respectable deadlift i.e 500+ wears a belt. Only complete dyels don't.
>>
>>74276555
now i don't want progress now anon
i'm just letting out my frustration about the whole situation i dug myself in that's all, calm down
>>74276806
i know i know it just sucks that it gets harder and harder
the older you get
>>
>>74263134
how do I get my 8pack to stop looking so fat?
>>
>>74276997
Cut Calories
>>
>>74276697
interedasting. I have a similar issue but I sleep 4-5 hours and then just wake up and can't fall asleep again. (normal for me is exactly 7.5h)
>>
>>74276511
I was skinny fat and fixed it in about 5-6 months (where I am now) feels good to have a flat stomach again (no sixpack showing yet think I am at 18-19% BF)

lost 30KG from the top (580 pounds)
>>
>>74277124
>580 pounds
Brother with 580 pounds you were severely, deathly overweight.
>>
>>74277148
I am just being an asshole to fuck with pound users. it's probably something like 60 pounds but I even did the math wrong I lost 20KG which is 45 pounds I think
>>
>>74276413
Powerlifters have big round titties. Bodybuilders who never touch a flat bench have thick slaps of beef for a chest.

>>74276426
SL5x5 was created by an autistic nerd for autistic nerds to get stronk in their mommas basement.

>>74276980
Check your cortisol. It takes any free lipids and dumps them on your belly. Avoid working out for more than an hour without complete rest in between.
>>
File: OIP.jpg (25 KB, 474x316)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM AND HOW MANY do you guess LIFT?

I CAN START:
DENMARK
10-20%
>>
>>74277218
Bait posts again
>>
>>74277251
Still no reason to do flat bench if you have no intention of competing. All the reasons not to. Inclined is easier on the shoulders and provides better aesthetics.
>>
>>74277329
>Still no reason to do flat bench if you have no intention of competing.
one reason is that for inclined I have to go and get a bench from another area as the flat ones are by the racks
>>
>>74277337
>>
Best vegetable/greens supplement powder?
>>
>>74277364
it is A reason.
>>
>>74277329
What do you think of pec flies, anon?
>>
>>74277439
I think hyght flies are a better variation.
>>
should i use grip straps for rdls
>>
>>74277532
I always say no to straps unless there’s a specific reason for it. Focus on grip strength if that’s your limiting factor.
>>
>>74277394
Get your steps in anon.
>>
>>74277570
I feel like my grip just tires out. I have a harder time with grip on rdls than actual deadlifts even if I RDL like 60% of the weight
>>
>>74277619
I average 20.000 steps a day just so I can ride the elevator and be lazy.

my workout even a mongoloid could remember because it is 6 compound lifts and that's it.
>>
>>74277657
Nice. What’s your workout look like?
>>
>>74277685
Deadlift, pull-ups, overhead press, Squat, bench, bentover barbell rows

will add skullcrushers and bicepcurls to boost my arms a bit
>>
>>74277712
Why not dips instead of skull crushers?
>>
>>74277722
I will try these for a month, if it does not work I will ask here, maybe I will try dips then.

but a friend of mine had amazing results from skullcrushers so let's see
>>
>>74276697
Should i just start taking melatonin to fix this?
>>
>>74277748
Get a good spotter. Skull crushers bother me from a safety standpoint.
>>
>>74277755
try it but it makes you a bit groggy the day after, and it is not recommended to be taken more than 10 days in a row
>>
>>74263134
How do I outlift resting bitch face?
I look angry all the time, to others even when I’m happy it looks like I’m pissed.
For reference I have an expression similar to that of the arno breker statue meme.
How do I get rid of love handles?
Should I increase weight now that I can do lateral raises with 15x25 for 3 sets?
Any good exercises for the back with dumbbells only?
>>
>>74277755
No. Melatonin fucks with you because it’s synthetic. If you need a one off then it’s fine but it wrecks your natural melatonin production over time. Here’s a sleep stack:

>tart cherry
>buckthorn
>L-tryptophan
>ZMA

That has natural melatonin and the components to make melatonin through the night. It has decreasing effectiveness so you’ll need to cycle it. I usually take it Sunday-Wednesday and take off Thursday-Saturday.
>>
>>74277868
Okay ill do some research into those, thanks
>>
>>74277812
>How do I outlift resting bitch face?
>I look angry all the time, to others even when I’m happy it looks like I’m pissed.
>For reference I have an expression similar to that of the arno breker statue meme.
Just roll with it.

>How do I get rid of love handles?
Cut to <15%bf

>Should I increase weight now that I can do lateral raises with 15x25 for 3 sets?
I would switch up exercises. Pick another exercise which hits a different part of your shoulder girdle for the next six weeks. Or do Arnies. But if you insist, increase weight but drop the reps to 10-15. Then work your way back up to 25 reps.

>Any good exercises for the back with dumbbells only?
Rows, presses, pullovers, good mornings.

>>74277914
A lot of people get good results just from ZMA as those are the precursors needed to convert tryptophan into serotonin into melatonin.
>>
Just binge ate a whole pack of haribos.... i am NGMI

My cut is not going good
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 220x229)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Why does a massage physically wear me out?
I'm completely wiped
>>
>>74263134
What are the best exercices that as a colateral work the neck? I don't want to do direct neck exercices but maybe something targeting the traps could work. Also, best lower ab exercices other than leg raises?
>>
>>74277953
>just roll with it
Women fear me, gay man crave me.
I don’t know what to do man, shit’s fucked
Thanks for everything else tho, I’ll try them out next workout.
>>
>>74277974
It releases tension and lymph and increased circulation.

>>74277978
>What are the best exercices that as a colateral work the neck? I don't want to do direct neck exercices but maybe something targeting the traps could work. Powershrugs

>Also, best lower ab exercices other than leg raises?
Just don’t. But if you insist, hanging leg raises.

>>74278050
Give the girls a head nod and a smirk. Then go back to scowling.
>>
What is a healthy breakfast actually? There’s so much conflicting advice out there, I no longer know what to eat.

I don’t want to hear about calories. We all know few calories via Kit Kats is not a healthy breakfast.
>>
>>74278228
It depends on how your body reacts to breaking that fast. For me I need a protein heavy breakfast. Eggs and sausage and the like. If I eat a carbs heavy breakfast I feel like dogshit mid morning. I’ve also known guys who need to eat kids cereal or they feel the same way. I think portion control is the bigger issue.
>>
>>74278228
A protein source and whatever your body is better at using for quick energy whether it's sugar, complex carbs or fats.
>>
>>74278292
How do you know you need the protein and how do you know it’s the carbs and not simply the food you get the carbs from?

>>74278303
How do you know?
>>
>>74278555
Try it out and see what sticks, after that calorie count and do adjustments as you please.
>>
>>74278555
Because it doesn’t matter if it’s toast or pastries or potatoes or left over pizza, if that’s what I have for breakfast I’m crashed out by mid morning. Eggs and bacon will carry me through to mid afternoon.
>>
realistically, if i aim for a 300 kcal surplus with 3000 kcal in total, same macros and other health issues aside, would i get "fatter" eating say 50% slop 50% "normal" food than eating 95/5 clean, single ingredient foods/slop (slop = protein powder for me) or does it not actually matter? i wonder cuz i sometimes overdo it a bit by an additional 200-300 kcal on top of my 200-300 kcal surplus but i eat in the aforementioned 95/5 ratio of clean/garbanzo food so im thinking at least it will fuel my recovery/workouts etc better than eating dogshit foods.
am i just coping out of my mind?
>>
are triceps dips acceptable in place of isolations at the end of an upper day? I just cant find a triceps isolation that I enjoy
>>
In the span of a couple weeks I've gone from shooting ropes to dribbling. Same volume, but the muscle behind it has weakened. I even stopped fapping for three weeks and it didn't make a difference.

What do I do? Good diet, otherwise healthy
>>
>>74277218
and the only tits you have are made out of fat so stop talking if you don't know what you're talking about you retard
>>
>>74279080
Do you kegel exercises
>>
>>74279117
>the only tits you have are made out of fat
>stop talking if you don't know what you're talking about

Anon, I…
>>
>>74279148

Never needed to
>>
my feet seem to slide when I try to do australian pullups. am I retarded, or should I just stack three plates to support me?
>>
>>74279174
Clearly you do if you can’t shoot ropes
>>
Any good ways to involve pets in exercise/workouts?

>inb4 why workout with your pet
I have a small dog so I can't really go running with him like I'd like to so anything that solves two problems (fitness and affection) would be great since I have limited time and sometimes I feel like I neglect him. I do have home gym equipment but it seems unsafe to keep him around while lifting.
>>
>>74278555
Try different foods and see what make you feel best. I generally like to eat eggs and toast, sometimes I make an egg sandwich
>>
Just managed to figure out that my shoulder pain is either shoulder impingement or tendinitis. I tried really hard to do them correctly, used high rep range, and this is what I got.
Any tips? I am taking 2g of the best Omega 3 I could find which should reduce inflammation I guess.
>>
>>74279382
** tried to do lateral raises correctly **
>>
>>74279167
what? you can't even understand a simple fucking sentence? not surprising
>>
Am I overtraining my biceps?
I work SL Ultimate 4x a week:
A/C: Squat/DL/Calf raise/Ab Pulldown/Neck Extension/Seated Row/Hanging Knee Raise (from chin-up, arms bent position)
B/D: Bench/Row/Incline/BB Curl/Ab Pulldown/Lat Pulldown/Fly/Rear Delt raise/Hanging Knee Raise
Should I be alternating seated rows and lat pulldowns on consecutive days, or doing them all on one day? Should I be doing Bicep work on Squat day or Bench day?
>>
>>74279382
>>74279392
>suggestions

You know how Tony Horton kept going on about muscle confusion in P90x? His explanation was overly simplified and flawed, but the process has merit. Every six weeks you should change up your vanity lifts, even if you’re targeting the same muscles. The reason being, when you groove the smaller muscles for too long you create imbalances, which ultimately lead to injury. Shoulders are especially susceptible to that problem. Your shoulder workout should vary frequently and go around the shoulder girdle completely.
>>
>>74279225

Could it be a prostate issue?

It's harder than usual to get hard and I don't piss with nearly as much force as I used to
>>
>>74280089
I barely started with delt isolation exercises though :( It seems that my shoulders might be prone to getting fucked up or the rep range wasn't high enough in the beginning.
Doesn't seem like others are having this kind of problem. And I can't even do skull crushers for example because those hurt immediately.
>>
>>74280109
Uh oh. Not that guy, but that does sound somewhat similar to what I've seen in the past with my dad and a coworker.
>>
>>74280089
>switch exercises right after your body gets used to them to make no gains
lol nice strategy
>>
>>74279382
where does it hurt how and when exactly
also rotator cuff exercises
and for lat raises lean forward more, reduce height of rom, do them sitting
>>74280387
take your elbows in = less shoulder
stick your elbows out = more shoulder
>>
>>74280397

Well shit. I'm only 30

I got a doctor's appointment soon anyway
>>
>>74280411
Switch exercises, but not targeted muscle groups. There’s a dozen different types of curls. Don’t run hammer curls for a year.
>>
File: 1000013271.png (149 KB, 720x700)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Is there an infographic or something that will explain Starting Strength? I don't want to read a whole ass book I just want to know what the idea behind the routine is
>>
>>74280779
https://startingstrengthmirror.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>>
>>74280779
The idea behind Starting Strength is to take a 14yo incoming freshman and prepare him over the summer for Texas highschool football. Because of the timing it leverages the natural growth and hormone spikes the boy goes through during puberty. However, it is also a versatile beginners strength program and can be modified as needed.
>>
If I, a natty, did one cycle with proper PCT and everything, and then stopped, would my progress say 1 year later still be better than if I had never roided? Because of maybe more muscle potential, some gains left, etc. Or would it not make a difference or even be worse than if I had just stayed natty?
>>
File: 20240515_201122.jpg (959 KB, 2508x2291)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>74263134
How much will lean muscle fill out my frame? I have a bit of a spare tire and tits and I want to look "normal" but I worry it is out of the realm of possibilities for me
>>
>>74280989
Back in the old days, body builders would run one cycle a year during their bulk phase.
>>
Why is my dick tingly and cold?
>>
>Craving sugar
>Blend 2 cups of frozen berries with chocolate whey powder and water
Is there anything wrong with this diet-wise?
>>
>>74281130
did you just take creatine or protein powder
>>
File: spedepasanen.jpg (33 KB, 600x683)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
If i flex my muscles too often do they get consumed? I like to look myself in the mirror and i say "biiig"
>>
>>74281132
If I ever feel like eating junk food like chips, I usually eat a protein bar or shake with it. Probably not a great meal but if you must eat junk at least make sure it has some protein
>>
>>74281135

No I just eat a lot of hummus
>>
>>74280838
Thank you
>>
>>74280851
So when I go to the gym if I want to do starting strength as a routine I should do what
>>
how do you get bigger forearms?
>>
I have a lot of fat on my butt and thighs and very little on my upper body. It's been like this for as long as I can remember. Is this a sign of low test? I have varicocele should I get test levels checked?
If yes, when? I'm cutting rn, should I do it now or wait
>>
>>74280429
The shoulders hurt anywhere between being raised halfway up and while being completely horizontal. I just woke up and the pain seems to be going away slowly. Thank god.
Last time I did lateral raises, I tried 5x30 because I thought it'd be the safest way to train the shoulders. I guess I'll try 2 sets to failure with 12-15 reps next time and ROM + sitting like you said.
>>
>>74282580
You train the mooscles. Wrist curl, extension, rotation. Search it on Youtube.
>>
Regarding lean beef patty's routine. I recently tried out her weightless push ups and core routine. And found out both to be too easy even when I completely cut off the rest periods, and I'm not even a buff person. Could be because I'm a guy and she is a woman, I don't know. For push up I recently just swapped to my old beginner routine(ten regular ten diamond ten wide, three sets)that I ditched for a while because I can't do the full routine(I can only do less than two sets regularly). Can anyone provide equipless routines for core?
>>
>>74282618
Same. Like a double edged sword. I have somewhat high body fat, big thighs and butt, but very vascular arms. It might be genetics, low test or high estrogen.
I didn't even know varicocele was a thing. I guess I have that too.
I'd get the T levels checked now. Don't see why you'd wait.
>>
>>74282745
>I didn't even know varicocele was a thing. I guess I have that too.
just check it it's easy to catch
>I'd get the T levels checked now. Don't see why you'd wait
I was just wondering if my cut would affect test levels didnt want a false alarm kek
just don't want to gain the thigh fat back if the following clean bulk turns out a little dirty...
>>
What are the rules?
>>
What's your take on artificial sweeteners? As long as I don't use an absurd amount, it should be fine for weight loss, no?
>>
File: 1715846347677.jpg (841 KB, 1634x1790)
841 KB
841 KB JPG
How can I give myself an afternoon energy boost without coffee?
I stopped drinking coffee months ago, as I found it messes with my sleep
>>
Need a recommendation for some whey protein isolate. I am looking for a whey protein isolate product without artificial sweetener, artificial flavor, and sugar.
Basically, a whey protein isolate that is as bland and simple as possible.
Thanks.
>>
how much weight could I have gained from loading creatine for the first time. I'm 3 weeks in a cut and I'm tracking all my calories with zero (0) snacking + at least 10k steps and I'm not losing ANY weight
>>
>>74283074
No matter what any schitzo says on /fit/, I use them.
I have lost over 70kg total while drinking diet sodas etc.
Tho, there are times when I only drink water and sometimes weeks when I mostly just drink diet sodas.
>>
I am too fat to run and I can't (don't) want to buy an exercise bike
There's a hill near me that is very long and quite steep and I wonder if walking up and down it would count as cardio or if it'd be more muscle work?
>>
>>74283332
I have lost over 70kgs in total like I told in >>74283324 with walking being my only cardio.
You just have to commit to long, somewhat brisk walks. I usually try to get at least 10k steps per day, trying to up that to 15-20k nowdays.
Incline walking will also burn more calories so go for it, just dont eat the calories back you burn when walking.
>>
>>74283309
Like a couple kg
>>
>>74283332
anything is better than nothing
get out there and walk the hill
>>
>>74282690
>between being raised halfway up and while being completely horizontal
yeah mine hurt while being 80-90% of the way up and sitting has gotten rid of the problem
this has the small issue of not training the bottom range of motion so to fix that and as a preexhaust I do partial lateral raises that john meadows has shown off in his videos and they work great for me
and again
also rotator cuff exercises (pull aparts, back and overs, spiderwalks) hitting your rear delts might also help
>>
>>74282580
deadlifts - heavy
rows - heavy
straps - none
and a bit of genetics
>>74282720
>Could be because I'm a guy and she is a woman
yes
>>74283234
15 of very very really quick breaths
in through the nose and out through the mouth
supposedly gives you a little adrenaline boost
and it helps me sometimes
>>74283309
none, since creatine doesn't build muscle
it only makes them retain more water making them appear fuller
>not losing ANY weight
again water retention from creatine probably
>>
>>74282580
direct forearm work
>>
Would sleeping twice a day be better than once, when It comes to recovery?
>>
>>74263134
How come I look buff at the end of a bulk, yet skinny fat at the end of a cut?

I feel like after a certain point when cutting I just deflate and lose muscle rapidly. Don't know how to prevent this since I'm losing no more than 1% a week, training hard, and eating right.
>>
>>74284454
>I feel like after a certain point when cutting I just deflate and lose muscle rapidly.
I saw/read/heard something about this and it's like a filter for those who want to get lean; that when cutting you will for a bit look like shit but after that you'll look great so just have to stick with it
>>
Can I do cardio on rest days? I wouldn't do a big incline, just try and jog for a while.
>>
>>74284675
>just try and jog for a while.

A lot of pro athletes will take a leisurely 1 mile jog on their off days. It improves circulation and recovery. You shouldn’t be treating every workout as a smoke session.

>>74284044
Polyphasic sleeping is pretty normal for humans.

>>74284454
Are you cutting carbs on your cut? If so that’s probably it. Cutting carbs uses glycogen which is stored in muscles as a local fuel source. Each gram of glycogen uses three grams of water to burn. It’s how you lose 15 pounds in your first week of a diet, and why you gain back five as soon as you have a bagel on your chest day. You can try powering through it like anon says. You could also try carb cycling and see if that gives you better looks. Arnie talked about how he’d power through it on a cut and then the day before a competition he’d go eat an entire pizza to get swole.
>>
>>74281523
Oh you were looking for the program not the philosophy to SS. Anon gave you the program. Personally I like SL5x5 for beginners without a coach. There’s a free app and it’s super straight forward.
>>
I haven't been on /fit/ for a couple of years, but I don't remember the catalogue being spammed with clickbait girl threads. What changed?
>>
>>74263134
Is it normal to suddenly lose a good amount of weight that's more than you realistically should? I've been eating clean again for only a week and I've lost 4 pounds. 2 weeks ago I was at 180 and I weighed myself today expecting 179 at best considering last week I had been sick, not exercising and ate poorly but I'm at fucking 176.
>>
>>74285119
decent chance you ate less than you think if you were sick, + water weight
>>
>>74285031
take a lucky guess pal
>>
>>74285457
bots? or is it cumbrain zoomers seeking attention?
anyway, it's definitely not the golden years of /fit/ but holy hell is it considerably worse, which hurts to say because /fit/ helped me take control of my life.
>>
I reached 2pl8 deadlift for reps. Feels great, but it's getting to the point that my grip starts to slip. I'm wary of mixed grip and my gym does not allow chalk. Straps also feel like a cop out. What do?
>>
>>74263134
Is it true that your pre workout meal should have minimal/no fat in order to get it absorbed quickly?
>>
I want a set of adjustable dumbells. Are pic related good
>>
>>74285119
>>74285474
Troons. But their workouts somehow paved the way for the girls from /cgl/ to check in.
>>
>>74285585
Grip work. Dead hangs from a bar or rope for time. There’s variations on towel wringing that works well. Use fat bars for upper body lifts. You can also white knuckle every lift.

>>74285665
If I eat anything before a workout I feel like shit. The most I can do is sip some room temp water. Let your body be your guide.

>>74285704
Those will limit the exercises you can do. The bowflex ones are better.
>>
>>74285474
eternal summer plus everything going to shit in general
>>
File: society.jpg (66 KB, 1125x1118)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
might be worth making a thread, but I'll start here. How do you guys keep up with fitness when working a labour job? My job isn't particularly hard, but ~10km of walking with equipment and tools daily is hard to combine with running and lifting for me. I lift 3 times a week and run twice, with my rest days coinciding with my 2 days off so I can completely relax.
It doesn't seem like much to me, but is this too much? If not is there anything I can do to help my body recover? I'm very sore by the end of the week and I fear I'll injure myself.
>>
>>74263134
How will one missed workout affect long term gains? I'm beat up from work and I'd rather go for a run than lift atm
>>
>>74285866
Little to no effect so long as you get back at it once you've recovered. Definitely a wise choice if you've taken a beating at work too. Only risk in my experience is if it causes you to miss subsequent workouts.
>>
>>74285759
What exercises wouldn't I be able to do with the cage style adjustable dumbells?
>>
>>74285838
When I worked the trades I would go home after work and take a nap, get up a few hours later and meet my buddy at the gym. That was the best routine we found. It also let us know what needed working and what we needed to rest. If I was stacking block or running mud I probably wasn’t doing much farmers carry or grip work that night. If I was stocking a roof it probably wasn’t going to be leg day. Likewise ditch digging didn’t translate to back work. You get the idea. Our workouts were always inconsistent, but I also feel like I was in the best shape of my life.

>>74285967
Anything that requires two hands. Any kind of kbell analog. Seems to me certain curls or presses the cage would get in the way of. There’s also a safety factor. Regular dumbbells are difficult enough to dump, now you have a cage around your hand.
>>
>>74286025
I see, so you used the gym to supplement what you missed at work. Very interesting, I like that approach. I'll try that out, thanks for the info man.
>>
>>74285759
>Use fat bars for upper body lifts
Nta, but is this only useful for grip training? I saw some people benching with fat grips and it looked interesting
>>
>>74286154
it hits your forearms hard too and is an interesting alternative
>>
>>74286154
I’m not sure on the mechanics of it all, but it seems to be easier on the joints as well. I think it has something to do with balancing out the ancillary muscles between the major muscle groups.
>>
when it comes to learning pull ups should I do the slow descending stuff or just use bands?
>>
>>74263134
How do I get finasteride if I don't have visible hairloss
The cunt I went to didn't buy my hairloss prevention concerns (they were fabricated) and ALSO didn't slide me fin for the real issue once I saw she wasnt buying it- stopping porn
Please anons she tried sending me to a fucking shrink when the mental aspect of it relies on me not getting blinded by my urges
>>
>>74286763
Why not both? The bands will help you groove the motion, the declines will build strength. You can also use a progression.
>>
>>74286804
Theres a good chance telehealth through Hims comes in clutch for the prescription.
Bugged the shit out of me that they were basically shilling anti-depressants and Ritalin to me but suddenly the hair loss treatment pills had too many fucking downsides
So I just went to Hims because I suspect part of their business MO is sidestepping doctors visits in lieu of doctor rubber stamps
Niggers really wanted to through me into the mental health system rather than just let me be less horny
>>
File: 1502634102216.jpg (66 KB, 722x349)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>be me
>have knee pain from squats
>don't do squats for a month
>do machines, leg press, leg extension, lunges, power clean, deadlift, instead
>no pain
>try to do some squat again feel pain in knee immediately, on first rep, no weight on bar
>feel pain while doing lunges after as well as power cleans
What does this mean? I think I'm cursed to be dyel now.
>>
If my current one arm db OHP is 19kg for 3x2 is what's that in terms of my bb 1rm?
>>
>>74287110
Lunges fuck with me. I have long shins and short thighs. I can’t actually do them “properly” without pain. Either adjust your form or find a different exercise.
>>
>>74286883
>the declines will build strength
god I just find it so hard to believe that this is somehow going to efficiently build muscles...
so the plan would be:
5x10 band pull ups
5x5 descends
5x5 db rows
like this?
>>
File: 1387948844378.png (122 KB, 800x1194)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>74263134
How much would slowing down rep speed impact gains, compared to increasing weight or volume? Assuming the perceived effort is the same between the variables. For example, if I were to do a set of excruciatingly slow squats for 5 reps, would that be as good as doing a set of 5 heavier squats with faster bar speed? Also, does pausing at the bottom of a rep have any impact on gains versus "bouncing" the weight up?
>>
>>74287286
Eccentric (negative reps) training is well known to create hypertrophy. It’s hell on your ligaments and tendons so it’s not recommended. If I was to work up a pull-up routine for you I would combine them and put them in a ladder.

>band pull up
>negative down with a five count.
Repeat until technical failure. That means when your form starts to break or you slow down the up or speed up the down.
>rest until breathing and heart rate returns to normal
>repeat with one less rep
So if you did five perfect form band pull-ups and negatives down then the next set is 4 and the next set is 3 and on until it’s one rep.
>Repeat the game tomorrow.
>>
>>74287288
By god you’ve discovered time under tension.
>>
File: 1701757451298647.jpg (56 KB, 620x675)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I guess I fixed my lateral raises / shoulder impingement.
I was fucking suffering and absolutely nothing helped, and the solution is to rotate my elbows inward? Suddenly no pain at all?? I just aim my elbows at my body instead of going out and that fixes it.
Not a single fucking comment on the internet mentioned this. I am exhausted.
>>
>>74287509
shouldn't it be obvious to not throw your elbows out? that's like proper form so you should've known maybe? or maybe not?
either way glad you fixed it
>>
File: 1694246369967196.png (258 KB, 522x294)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>74287538
No, it's clearly not obvious, since nobody does it that way. Every single video I watch has the guy pointing his elbows OUT, to the sides.
I am literally going "nyaa" with my elbows pointing down, and I'm pain-free thanks to it.
>>
File: RCO026_1477369276.jpg (1.59 MB, 2248x3056)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
If I flare out my elbows while doing skullcrushers, and lower the weigh to nearly nothing, will I eventually develop iron rotator cuffs?
>>
>>74287639
you watched jeff nipple, that's your problem
>since nobody does it that way
since it's a lateral raise and to hit the side delt you need your arms to go away form your body
unless you're doing them bentover slightly or sitting in which case the elbows can be closer to the body
or youu could not do lat raises wiht both arms and swithc to cables or dbs
>>74287671
no you do that by working the rotator cuff directly
>>
>>74287685
I have yet to find a single guy who does them bent down. Do you do them that way? You'd be the first guy apparently.
They are still going away from my body, but the elbow is pointed down at all times. Doing one arm at a time doesn't change anything. I really tried every method I could find and nothing else worked. I'm guessing my shoulder is just abnormal.
>>
>>74287795
not bent down but slightly bent over so that your side delts do most of the work after you bend your elbows

you have normal straight arms straight upright back raises which can hurt your shoulders

but if you bend your elbows the shoulder pain stops

but then more focus shifts onto your front delts so you ben over a bit as to shift the load onto your side delts

you can take this further by sitting down at the end of a bench

I hope this is understandable
>>
>>74285585
>I'm wary of mixed grip
why
>Straps also feel like a cop out
well they aren't. there's zero reason to let your grip strength limit the training of other muscles.
>>
>>74287905
i'm too tired to understand, but I'll re-read it in the morning. thanks!
>>
So I realized I do something retarded when I squat, at least I think it is. Instead of just firmly holding the bar to help balance it I find myself pulling the the bar down into my neck/shoulders, especially on the way back up. How the fuck do I break this? I feel like it is draining energy from my ass and legs and fucking up the lift.
>>
>>74288028
when doing those you move your arms out at a ~45 degree angle instead of straight to the sides
>>74288039
your arms should just be making sure that the bar isn't going backwards
make sure to consciously not pull the bar down in your warmups especially to build a habit of not doing that
>>
Is a 4 month engagement too short? Asking for a male friend
>>
>>74287795
I do them bent over with "full glass" or whatever they call it grip because it's the only way I don't get some bullshit popping or crunching in my shoulders. It hits them hard, but it's an accesory to single arm ohp.
>>
File: lat raise.png (31 KB, 1454x749)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>74288046
>>74287905
>>
>>74285585
I also avoid mix grip, nothing wrong with it, it just felt like my body wanted to rotate. Straps are fine, make sure you use the non looped ones where it's just a ribbon of fabric and hole for your wrists. You don't want to tie yourself to the bar. If you must avoid it all, use hook grip
>>
>>74288050
Entirely depends on how long you've been dating. Dating 2-3 years? Yes definitely. Dating 5-6 years? Not really, imo
>>
>>74288056
Similar to this at 5:18 but even more thumbs-up. You can touch the dumbbells at the bottom and get a full stretch, then use inertia at the start of the lift to create tension there. Gravity creates it toward the top.

https://youtu.be/q5sNYB1Q6aM?t=318
>>
>>74288046
Ok. I don’t even know how I picked up the habit in the first place.
>>
>>74288091
They’ve been dating for a year and a half I think
>>
>>74288193
sounds pretty rushed to me
>>
>>74288193
Way too short. Not as short as military engagements, but very short nonetheless.
>>
>>74288230
>>74288244
Yeah I thought the same too. I told my bro this, but he doesn’t wanna hear any of it. They met on hinge as well.
Personally, I dated for 3 years + 1 year engagement.
>>
>Mid lift
>Brain goes crazy with negativity
>"why am I doing this", "You'll never get stronger", "you're weak give up"
why?
>>
>>74288407
cuz you're retarded
lol
even a "mediocre" lift is good as it provides at least some stimulus which will help in getting stronger
also worrying about shit like this is worse for you than any "mid lift" could ever be
>>
>>74288484
to add to this remember that progress at the gym slows down the longer you go there so you've gotta get used to it
>>
>>74288484
ah, mid as in "Middle of" not as in "shit lift" lmao. I needed that laugh
>>
>>74288269
Over 1.5 years before marriage is as fine as anything. The real "honeymoon" period of a good romance is less than a year and if you want to be together a few months after that you're good. Relatively.
>>
>>74288499
guess I'm the one with zoomer brainrot lmao
either way point still stands that every proper rep brings you closer to your goals
>>
>>74287342
ok thanks for the explanation and workout plan.
really appreciate it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.