[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240710_175134.jpg (1.24 MB, 2896x2529)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
I've been starving myself for the past month and have gone from fat (left) to skinny fat(right).
Now I'm skinny fat and depressed and still look disgusting ; I'm not sure what to do next.
Obviously im untrained (redundant to say), but should I keep cutting the calories and start lifting? Or should I bulk slightly? And what kind of routine should I start out with if I'm only interested in hypertrophy?
Thanks.
>>
>>74678471
post face gains
>>
>>74678471
Height?
>>
>>74678480
6 foot 1
>>
>>74678478
I'm not posting my face
but I still look like shit
>>
>>74678471
Nigger you have severe body dysmorphia, you need to get off social media and go to the nearest beach, I guarantee you will look more fit than 70% of the men there.
That goes without saying you need to start lifting, focusing on shoulders, back and arms primarily to accentuate the V taper, and upper chest to round things off better.
>should I keep cutting the calories
You're skinny so you need to eat on a calory surplus to get better results but with a greater lean protein intake rather than just junk calories.
>>
>>74678471
You look fine my man. Just lift,high protein and slight caloric surplus.
Congratulations on the weight loss too
>>
You look loads better already, seriously. Lift with a high protein, low carbon diet and you'll be good
>>
>>74678471
For one month that's nice, and you actually fixed your posture too, keep going at it, in 5 more month you'll look even better
>>
>>74678471
Start lifting.

You can keep cutting all you want but you'll continue looking like shit because you're losing both muscle mass and fat when you're on a caloric deficit.
Building muscle on the other hand will fix your current form and increase your metabolism, allowing you to burn more fat.
The thing is, you ain't even fat, you're just lacking in muscle.

Do a bro split using a 4x8
>>
>>74678471
You do look leaner. Did you lose much muscle mass? If not, it was totally worth it.
>>
>>74678471
Need to lift but you look waaaaay better dude gg.

Don’t listen to the powershitters being lean (regardless of muscle mass) is literally the most important thing
>>
>>74679315
So should I lift at a slight deficit and try to get leaner?
>>
Already looks a lot better

Don‘t bulk! Why would anyone do that? You can grow muscles without becoming fat
>>
>>74679363
>You can grow muscles without becoming fat
why does everybody say to bulk though
>>
>>74680228
Because technically it's more efficient over a long period of time to bulk, then cut. But if you go that route, you'll be in the cycle forever, spending large parts of the year looking fat. If you bulk-cut cycle for 5 years, you'll be stronger/bigger than if you tried a more lean-bulk approach over 5 years. But lean-bulking will have you looking "better" for more of that time.

Imagine if you had a really ugly face (3/10) for 6 months of a year, then a really handsome face (9/10) for the other 6 months. Is it better to just be a 7 or 8/10 year round? You decide.
>>
>>74678471
You actually look really good. Don’t fall for bulk/cut memes just eat well, don’t drink, keep your caloric intake approximately equal to your maintenance calories, and READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>74678627
>>74678627
>You're skinny so you need to eat on a calory surplus to get better results but with a greater lean protein intake rather than just junk calories.
Please give more detailed information
>>
>>74680327
thats so sad
>>
>>74679363
how?
>>
>>74678471
When you say starved do you mean you are like 500 calories per day?
>>
>>74681968
Start tracking your daily calories, you can use myfitnesspal. You want to gain muscle so eat on a surplus. It's like 20 calories per pound of bodyweight, and try to consume between 0.8 to 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight daily.
As for training start off with learning the basic compound lifts and doing a PPL split 5 to 6 times a week to build strength, and once you've nailed down the basics you can start incorporating the isolation exercises to target individual muscles more effectively.
>>
>>74678471
you aren't skinny fat, you're just skinny. now do a slow bulk and LIFT
>>
>>74682855
>20 calories per pound
>3000 calories/ 1 day
no way bro, I will become fat/ chubby
>>
>>74682920
NTA but at least hit the protein mark for fuck sake
>>
File: 1719693562571.jpg (221 KB, 700x700)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>74678471
>Now I'm skinny fat and depressed
You're depressed because you don't have the Son of God, you don't have life, and you're trying to get fulfillment from vanity like what your body looks like. Read the Bible (KJV) starting in the New Testament in humility and prayer.
>>
>>74682920
If you're training intensively for at least 40 minutes 4 to 6 times and doing 15 minutes of cardio one to two times a week then not necessarily. You will definitely gain mass, but not the bad kind. Your body needs the extra calories for fuel and the protein to build muscle otherwise your body will start breaking down your existing muscle tissue for energy and you will end up weaker and skinnier
>>
>>74682938
>>74682955
thank you guys
>>
>>74678471
"normal" people are not meant to have abs. you are not skinnyfat either. you are just skinny. no you shouldnt really bulk either, you will literally just look like pic on the left if you now go on a surplus.

you should start lifting and eat intuitively at maintenance while getting +150g of protein per day. you are not a professional bodybuilder, stop overthinking it. if you lift and get protein, you will build muscle and get stronger and if you are not on a bulk, you wont get fat so you will "just" build muscle. again, dont overthink it. you are LITERALLY untrained. you are not at a point where your progress in dependant on absolute ifbb pro tier min maxing.
>>
>>74678471
you should have been trying to lift as hard as you can through out the “starvation”.
you can still lift btw. if you quit you’re a faggot.
>>
>>74680327
but technically it even isnt. after you have reached your noob gains and lifted for a couple of years etc. you can build as a natural 1-3lbs of lean muscle mass per year. it doesnt matter if you gain 5lbs, 10lbs, 20lbs or 30lbs of weight per year, only 1-3lbs of that will be muscle. its not any faster at all to "bulk" when literally only at maximum 1-3 of it will be muscle. its actually slower to bulk because then you ALSO need to take the extra time it takes to cut. where as if you gain 3-5lbs per year and 1-3lbs of that is muscle, the amount it takes to cut is like few weeks.
>>
Would starving for a month get me skinny?
181cn 88kg
>>
>>74683036
Theoretically, just due to human error and unexpected problems, overcompensating with bulking would result in more gains for most people. But it's marginal enough i don't think it's worth it. I wouldn't advise it.
>>
>>74678641
>low carbon diet
don't eat, just drink water
>>
>>74678471
You're not skinny fat
You were in the left one; now you are just lean.
>>
You have body dysmorphia like i do.
You're skinnyfat on the left, you're just skinny aka lean on the right lol.
Eat surplus, fuckton of protein, lean meat, lift sticking to an actual routine in a gym.
You have good frame so plenty of potential.
>>
>>74682920
you dumb nigger, the body is a machine, you feed it it easily metabolized proteins and that is what it will prefer to burn. you need to check you body fat percentage to see what its at. fat isn't bad, its great for you body at a specific ratio. fat and water are what facilitate the alchemy that is your body being alive, everything else is extra. if you really wanna get that chiseled from stone look you will have to exercise daily and consume a bunch of protein. and even when that works it isn't sustainable, life isn't an anime. make no mistake your body isn't your friend and it will consume itself if you don't manage it. quit looking at pictures of yourself and thinking "that's me", we are not a single organism but a mega colony of organisms and none of them give a shit about anything except replication and metabolism. also don't mention calories unless you know chemistry, you aint smart enough to have that word pass through your fat nigger lips
>>
>>74678471
I hope your boyfriend is happy with the result?
>>
>>74678471
nice tummy :3
>>
>>74678471
1.not enough starving 2. you look better already but why didn't you workout at all (fr). 3. make sure to eat at least 1.6g/ kg bdw no matter what
>>
>>74687086
>.not enough starving
He needs to bulk he looks skelly
>>
File: rippletoed.jpg (251 KB, 1170x455)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
say oink

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.