[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

That's it. I'm switching to fairphone.
No way I'm using a phone where they can implant a irreplaceable bomb.
>>
>>102435191
Yes, because a literal who of an incel like (you) is a massive target for world powers and groups.
>>
>>102435219
Why not? They've already shown that they can kill American citizens with impunity.

Maybe you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, maybe you forgot to remember the six gorillion today, they don't seem to need much of an excuse.
>>
the only reason they got those people was because they were trying to be secure and use specific pagers. if you blend in with the masses and get an iphone nothing will happen. you will look suspicious if you try to evade surveillance. just blend in
>>
>>102435249
> just hide in the masses
> just use their compromised phones
This post glows
>>
>>102435191
the lesson of the pager thing is that they're absolute idiots to buy what they did, trusting the suppliers. no one even inspected one!

all they did was take these cheap pagers and shove some c4 into the empty space, wired to the board so they could remote detonate it. the main effect is most of the world will now stop trusting western supply chain products.
>>
>>102435191
>irreplaceable
yeah?
>>
>>102435191
if you use a stolen phone they won't be able to target you using your identity
>>
>>102435219
they didn't care about civilians, as long as there's an enemy of israel in the vicinity they will blow you up
>>
>>102437952
They use meta data to kill you.
>>
>>102435191
yeah, you can totally trust xher with your device
>>
>>102435219
>Those terrorists and regular civilians were all HVTs
>>
>>102435219
When quartz watches first became cheap some people didn't believe the price and thought japan was making them with bombs in them. Even though all these bombs were small, the idea was that if literally everyone had their hand blown off at the same time you could shut down america. Israel has now demonstrated this to be plausible.
>>
>>102435191
If Mossad wants you dead, it'll take more than owning an obscure type of phone to save you.
>>
>>102435191
>replace your battery
>it's one with a bomb in it
>>
>>102435249
Wrong idiot. They specifically stopped using phones because those all have tailored access in hardware, firmware, and software. No reason they wouldn't pre-rig those for immolation either.
>>
>>102435249
Ok, here's the thing.
Israel has the ability to hack iPhones and Android phones, so they can get sensitive data from them.
But having wireless communications is very useful, so they went with a low tech solution instead.
If they were using smartphones, Israel wouldn't have used this method to attack them, they would have installed malware on the devices instead. This attack was kinda sending a message instead.
>>
>>102435191
You should switch to Fairphone but not for the reasons you've mentioned.
See, Fairphone is the only big(ish) company that doesn't make repairable phones to make money out of a trend but because they truly believe in that concept.
That means:
>The repairability is well thought out (only phones with 10 points on iFixit)
>Parts will be available for many years
>Also the software will receive updates for many years so you can really use the phone for a very long time.

Wanna see a different approach? HMD Fusion. Brand new. Has repairable hardware too but will only receive software updates for a mere 3 years. That's what I meant with companies who just want to get on the repairability bandwagon to make money. They don't believe in it. They give you hardware that's repairable but still don't give you longevity because in just 3 years you won't even get security updates anymore, not even talking about entire OS versions.

Fuck, Fairphone even took a fucking IoT GPU, not a regular smartphone one, just because it means the processor will get longer updates from Qualcomm.
>>
>>102435219
Retard
>>
>>102439144
I would switch to Fairphone phones if they got rid of the front screen punchole camera, didn't remove the headphone jack and were supported by GrapheneOS.
It could have been the perfect manufacturer for android save for those little details
>>
>>102435191
I like fairphone
>>
>>102435191
>da joos are going to travel back in time to put dynamite in my phone
meds.
>>
>>102439193
>screen punchole camera
Complete non-issue that only enrages spergs (no offense tho)
>didn't remove the headphone jack
Get a USB-C dongle and keep it on your headphones. That's also a non-issue. Was angry at first too because (switched from FP3 to FP5) of that then found out that it's no difference in practice
>were supported by GrapheneOS
Just install /e/OS to get enhanced privacy and make sure to flood the Graphene forums with your wish. The more pople ask for FP support the higher the chances for FP support.
>>
>>102439228
They come off a bit woke but then again they're really one of the few phone companies that aren't complete assholes.
>>
>>102439315
>make sure to flood the Graphene forums with your wish
Fairphone doesn't meet GOS criteria of a secure device. This is pointless.
>>
>>102439238
it's about minimizing the risk. this is something you can control.
>>
>>102439323
Yeah I don't care about the wokeness. Just wish they'd get rid of the front facing camera like that another anon said. It's a good company deserving of support, I own a fairphone 5 as an emergency device
>>
>>102435191
all phones use lithium batteries which is susceptible to mossad attacks
>>
File: 1722504763872214.png (354 KB, 1148x595)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>102435219
they don't need to plant explosives if their target is phones. the battery is already large enough to injure people. and Israel already have the capability to remotely hack smartphones (Pegasus spyware)
>>
>>102439495
an explosion would be impossible because phones are not pressure vessels, the most they will do is burn.

also phone batteries have extensive hardware failsafes, even moreso since the note 7 fiasco
>>
Actually if the pager HADN'T been serviceable then they wouldn't have been able to install explosives. (Anywhere near as easily)
>>
Is there good lineage support for fairphones? Would also be a good candidate for graphene support too
>>
>>102439629
Even better: You can get new Fairphones with /e/OS straight from Fairphone and Murena. The former only sells the bit older FP4 with it, the latter sells the FP4 and FP5.
/e/OS is based on Lineage with a bigger focus on privacy and comes as a completely de-googled device.
>>
>>102439612
It seems the Hungarian manufacture was comprised. They were made to blow
>>
>>102439847
That's an impressive selling point and is putting fairphones onto my high priority list. The only barrier is price; I'm a cheap bastard and pixels that are 1-2 generations old are super cheap and work just as well as they did when they were new, and have graphene support.
>>
>>102439867
>I'm a cheap bastard
I hear ya. But just do the math friend. The FP5 will get support until 2031. Now calculate how many cheaper phones you might have to buy until then. If you compare it then the FP will be a bit cheaper I guess.
>>
>>102435191
I'm just waiting until 2027 until manufacturers are forced to make batteries user replaceable.
My 2020 shitphone should last another 3 years.
>>
>>102435249
they contaminated all pagers not just the ones Hezbollah uses there is a good chance that other countries have received pager with the explosives in them too. That is if the story about the Hungarian factory is true.
>>
>>102439045
>They specifically stopped using phones because those all have tailored access in hardware, firmware, and software.
They stopped using phones because their network was compromised, you drooling retard.
The pagers were intercepted by Israel before they reached Lebanon, that's when they modified the things and implanted military-grade explosives in them.
>>
>>102435191
its easier for them to tamper with repairable phone. Are you going to check every day if someone hasn't fucked with your phone overnight?
>>
>>102435219
you can go to prison today if you wave Palestinian flag
>>
>>102439973
>Are you going to check every day if someone hasn't fucked with your phone overnight?
yes
>>
>>102435191
how do you know fair phone is not compromised by the jews like those pagers?
>>
>>102439393
Just get a pinephone and turn off the cams with the hardware switch.
>>
>>102439973
>Someone will break into my house, tamper with my phone right there and lay it back right next to me again instead of killing me in my sleep
>>
>>102440412
This isn't /pol/
What a terrorist state such as israel does has nothing to do with jews as an ethnicity
>>
>>102435191
Unless you live in a nation that can maybe keep the tumor's vile grubbing mitts off the supply chain, there's no point. You're still vulnerable. If Russian or Chinese or South Korean, you can have a chance. Elsewhere, probably not so much.
>>
File: IMG_5564.png (155 KB, 577x432)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
I will protect you.
>>
>>102435191
>they would place explosives in consumer devices in countries where people regularly board planes
LMAOOOO
>>
File: 1726329110361258.jpg (136 KB, 640x426)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>102435219
Yes.

You irrelevant nobody.
>>
>>102442908
boy do I have a story from Samsung©® Corporation for you....
>>
>>102435249
>it's suspicious to not digitally raped and your meta data stolen
fuck you, motherfucker ..i.,
>>
>>102442908
Israel would gladly drop a plane full of people if it meant the death of one more anti-semite
They can just deny doing it and claim that anyone who has evidence just hates jews
>>
>>102439025
E.g. if you've got a bike, they can put toxins on the saddle
>>
>>102442963
>>102442992
>comparing sandniggers who barely have water with american consumers who pass through explosive detectors every day
lmao fucking retards
>>
Unless you're a goat fucker towel head hurka durka adoring an epileptic child rapist you will be allright timmy.
>>
>>102435191
The issue was in the supply chain, they added the explosives to the devices in-transit. Nothing can protext you unless you buy the pieces individually and assemble your eevice yourself.
>>
>>102443017
Do explosive detectors actually detect the chemicals or just look for suspicious bulges in your body and go "I recognize that bulge!"
>>
>>102443102
Don't know anon, I think it's such as esoteric piece of knowledge that not even a google search might answer such a question
>>
>>102437964
>they didn't care about civilians
Other than using expensive PGMs and having incredibly low civilian casualties for the type of warfare they are waging.

Hamas is supported by the palestinian people completely according to polls. They support their tactics. So when military ops and assets are stored in hospitals, it's palestinians themselves that allow it. If you want to blame anyone for not caring about human life then look no further than a bunch of islamic terrorists that use willful human shields.

>Ahmed, we hid all our leaders, rockets, and housing operations in these hospitals they will never bother to look here
>AHHH THEY BLEW US UP ANYWAYS WE ARE BEING GENOCIDED THIS ISN'T FAIR
>>
When has kikes ever cared about anything? There's a reason why that shithole is a world leader in cancer, downs, schizophrenia, and literal ass-fucking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fire_during_the_Israel%E2%80%93Hamas_war
>On 15 May 2024, five Israeli paratroopers were killed after being shelled by an IDF tank believing them to be Palestinian combatants
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Yuval_Castleman
>The killing of Yuval Castleman occurred on 30 November 2023, during the Givat Shaul shooting in Jerusalem when Yuval Doron Castleman (Hebrew: יובל דורון קסטלמן), an Israeli civilian, charged at the attackers in the shooting, killing one of them, and was subsequently shot by Aviad Freija, an IDF soldier, who mistook him for a terrorist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Directive
>Dr. Avner Shiftan, an army physician with the rank of major, came across the Hannibal directive while on reserve duty in South Lebanon in 1999. In army briefings he "became aware of a procedure ordering soldiers to kill any IDF soldier if he should be taken captive by Hezbollah. This procedure struck me as being illegal and not consistent with the moral code of the IDF.
>I understood that it was not a local procedure but originated in the General Staff, and had the feeling that a direct approach to the army authorities would be of no avail, but would end in a cover-up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.