[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: libplaceboornotlibplacebo.jpg (138 KB, 1042x1042)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>
1) What percentage of libplacebo is finished?
2) Will mpv adopt it for rendering?
>>
File: 130707.jpg (132 KB, 889x898)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Could rossy add d3d11 support for libplacebo or is it too soon to do that kind of transformation?
>>
File: mplayer.jpg (56 KB, 720x417)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>63341083
MPlayer masterrace
>>
>>63341337
MaxPainPlayer?
>>
>>63341370
MPP?
>>
Will wm4 come back?
>>
>https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/1e70e82baa9193f6f027338b0fab0f5078971fbe#commitcomment-25567012
Haasn can't bear C anymore and we all understand him.
>>
>>63341437
You are free to name your fork like you want, dude.
>>
>>63341449
Probably not but that's great.
>>
>>63341449
He's going to rewrite mpv.
>>
Whats new with mpv drama?
>>
>>63342359
My bet is on traps drama since this is a FOSS program.
>>
i use vlc ty
>>
>>63342359
ffmpeg broke things again and wm4 quit irc saying he'll find another hobby and job
>>
>>63342420
>ffmpeg broke things again
What was it this time? And I thought the point of his fork thing was to quickly fix upstream breakages.
>>
>>63342420
lmao
>>
wm4 is the greatest developer ever
>>
is there any build like Bomi but updated?
>>
is there going to be another ""stable"" release or no
>>
>>63341437
Merriweather Post Pavilion?
>>
>>63344841
soon™, it's up to lachs0r.

>>63341449
He needs a vacation

>>63342414
my condolences
>>
Checking for Libav/FFmpeg library versions                           : ffmpeg-mpv not found
Unable to find development files for some of the required FFmpeg/Libav libraries. You need git master. For FFmpeg, the mpv fork, that might contain additional fixes and features is required. It is available on https://github.com/mpv-player/ffmpeg-mpv Aborting.

trying to compile on Windows, wat do?
>>
def not placebo.

gnome frontend or kodi makes it the the most stable and minimal program for me.

its like the i3 of wms or the ranger of file managers.

i watch local content via physical dvds and rips and wan based video streams
>>
>>63345869
ffmpeg broke mpv multiple times and infuriated wm4, you have to build his fork and link mpv against it. Use shinchiro's build script with your linux on windows environment of choice.
>>
>>63345869
bump
>>
>>63341083
How can I include liblacebo during the MSYS build?
>>
>>63345935
You don't because mpv does not use it yet.
>>
>>63345915
how do you link mpv against ffmpeg-mpv on Windows
>>
>>63345958
bump
>>
best gui?
>>
>>63345958
bump
>>
>>63346015
>>63346088
How can you bump a thread that's on the front page?
>>
>>63346024
how many is there?
>>
>tfw brainlet
Added a shader to the folder but it doesnt seem to be running at all. Tested 2 or 3 different shaders yet nothing happens. How do you use shaders with mpv? Trying to get this to work on >windows.
>>
>>63346227
it's not automated.
glsl-shader="~~/folder/one.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/folder/two.glsl"
>>
>>63346381
Tried that after posting, still nothing. I also tried switching between vo=opengl and gpu too but no dice.
>>
>>63346381
Wait, I'm wrong. For some reason I cant see the changes in the screenshots but running 2 instances of mvp makes it noticeable.
>>
>>63346515
Get stats.lua and put it in your scripts folder and use shift+i then press 2 or 3 and see if the shader is even being used.
>>
>>63346588
They're loading. I'll continue my so far unsuccessful quest to remove the fucking aliasing. Thanks anon.
>>
>>63346515
screenshots don't read back the image from the renderer, but take the frame from the demuxer
only window screenshot (ctrl+s) does the former.
>>
>>63345869
bump
>>
>>63340067
Are you fucking retarded? He includes locale.h which is what defines locale_t on every platform *except* Apple. His criticism of OS X is completely justified.
>>
>>63346588
>stats.lua
built into mpv these days
>>
>>63345915
This is actually a very good example of why a framework like DirectShow (as old and "deprecated" as it is) is a good thing: You have a fully defined interface between splitter, decoder, renderer and media player. And the interface will never change. So a media player developer using DirectShow never has to worry about ffmpeg breaking stuff, because the media player developer will just leave it up to DirectShow to pick a suitable external splitter/decoder DirectShow filter installed on the OS.

That said, I don't really understand why ffmpeg has an ever changing API with ever changing structure definitions etc. I find it highly annoying. They should define some sort of higher level API that is designed in such a way that it can be extended without breaking compatability. If they did that, no software using ffmpeg would ever have to worry about ffmpeg breaking stuff again (except for simple bugs being introduced in ffmpeg).

For example, they could create an API where a video frame is simply a CVideoFrame class, with only some methods like "GetDwordProperty(LPSTR propertyName)", GetBoolProperty, GetDataProperty etc. All information of the video frame could be retrieved by the media player by calling these general GetXxxProperty APIs. This would allow the CVideoFrame class to add new properties without changing the API at all.
>>
>>63347548
>he doesn't know about all the hacks directshow players have to do
kek
>>
>>63347612
I didn't claim DirectShow was perfect. Just saying that an OS media framework with a stable binary interface has undeniable benefits.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO "OPEN WITH" EXTENSION? YOU CAN ONLY USE IT ON BROWSERS NOW AND CAN'T SPECIFY ARGUMENTS ANYMORE FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>63348532
Calm down.
>>
it was literally the only thing that made this piece of shit player usable and it's gone now
>>
>use mpv on Linux
>drag anime series folder onto mpv
>starts playback
>watch few episodes
>get bored
>shift+q to quit and save position
>feel like watching the series again
>drag the anime folder onto mpv again
>it continues from the place you left it on
>SUCCES

>use mpv on Windows
>drag anime series folder onto mpv
>mpv closed
>drag a bunch of anime episodes instead
>it werks
>watch few episodes
>get bored
>shift+q to quit and save position
>want to continue watching
>drag a bunch of episodes again
>it starts from the first episode instead of where you left it
>must switch to the desired episode manually to continue watching
>FAIL

Switching to Linux was worth it =^_^=
>>
>>63348640
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/257a2b9646e845ef801588e871b9859d30ebf99a
werks on Windows since this commit
>>
Hello haasn:
https://github.com/rust-lang

Hello wm4:

Hello /g/:
>>
>>63349238
>it's a rust brainlet episode
>>
File: Programming in Rust.png (461 KB, 900x1181)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>63349238
Hello Mozilla
>>
Rust > C > C++ > Go > *
>>
Where were you when shinchiro absolutely BTFO wm4 and his faggot mpv/FFmpeg-mpv bullshit?
>>
>>63349358
At home.
>>
>>63349338
You can use basic photoshop features!
Great! You are going to be fucking rich, dude.
>>
>>63349383
No photoshop needed: https://github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/commit/3994ee3
>>
File: open_with_mpv.png (60 KB, 420x402)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>63348532
You can still use it with mpv
>>
>>63348640
and people think it's a meme when we say mpv is designed for linux, with windows being a bolted-on afterthought
>>
>>63349358
He enabled a configure option wm4 himself wrote for those that want to use ffmpeg upstream. I don't see how that btfo anyone.

Good to know it works, tho. Distros can probably relax now, knowing they don't need bloat their mpv packages by statically linking to wm4's fork.
>>
>>63350587
>I don't see how that btfo anyone.
Because shinchiro is giving the middle fnger to FFmpeg-mpv for being outdated buggy shit! More people use shinchiro build than anyone else, even Linux users do not outnumber it.
>>
>>63350587
>knowing they don't need bloat their mpv packages by statically linking to wm4's fork.

ffmpeg-mpv can be installed to the system alongside regular ffmpeg and only a couple of exports to env are needed to pick it up when building. See the mpv-git and ffmpeg-mpv packages on AUR.
>>
>plex (based on mpv) is paid
>madvr 1.0 will be paid
>libplacebo is 2% finished
>vlc is the only one interested by libplacebo
>mpdn will never drop directshow and is deprecated
is it the end of media players?
>>
>>63350541
Nowadays it is a meme. Even if wm4, and most of the devs desu, hate Windows, they know very well that the majority of their userbase is on windows and therefore making it work on windows is important.
>>
>>63350878
mpv you dumb retard.
>>
File: rust.jpg (74 KB, 720x576)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>63349238
>>
File: Untitled.png (310 KB, 720x576)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>63351029
>>
My favourite thing about the Rust community is how most of them are nodejs retards. That's why cargo is full of fucking 1 function microdependencies, because obviously you want as much of your project as possible to consist of wrapping reinvented APIs to make them work with each other and have as much code as possible be controlled by as many people as possible.
>>
>>63351339
That's a shit argument, nobody is forcing you to depend on these tiny libraries.
>>
For a second I thought I was in /dpt/.
>>
>>63351446
it shows a cancer in the larger Rust community, and learning/writing Rust inevitably means you'll interact with those idiots. Those idiots also influence language design decisions, e.g. you'll notice that old pre-release versions of Rust had a much nicer syntax than current Rust, and the whole "oh everything is compiled statically because we love rebuilding every piece of software for any stdlib change at all" approach is quite clearly docker/Go "devops" cancer thinking.
>>
>>63351521
Ah, kind of like Unix.
>>
FSRCNN(X) looks pretty shit with low quality aliased anime. RAVU wins there hands down. FSRCNN(X) looks the best with high quality content (same as NGU Sharp, hehehe). 1080p Blu-ray to 4K looks amazing.
>>
>>63350764
>ffmpeg-mpv can be installed to the system alongside regular ffmpeg and only a couple of exports to env are needed to pick it up when building. See the mpv-git and ffmpeg-mpv packages on AUR.
You can do that with ffmpeg 3.4, but that will not be possible with ffmpeg 3.5 once it comes out, as the soname version bump will be in effect.

But in any case, much like with Firefox and Chromium, distros will make sure it works with upstream and avoid having to pointlessly ship duplicate binaries.
>>
>>63348532
yeah it fucking erased all my old arguments too what a fag dev
>>
>>63351521
>the whole "oh everything is compiled statically because we love rebuilding every piece of software for any stdlib change at all" approach is quite clearly docker/Go "devops" cancer thinking
That's pretty fucking funny in light of the ffmpeg-mpv debacle.
>>
>>63351640
ffmpeg still has an API and an ABI, even if they sometimes break it (like during ABI/API break phase like right now)

Rust has every dependency statically compiled in, so if there's a security bug found in the standard library that can be fixed even without breaking the ABI, each and every Rust binary needs to be recompiled or it'll stay vulnerable. Similarly, any security patches for widely used dependencies also mean all dependant applications need to be rebuilt.

With e.g. ffmpeg, shared libraries can be patched and all dependant applications can use them without being recompiled themselves.
>>
>>63351580
>You can do that with ffmpeg 3.4, but that will not be possible with ffmpeg 3.5 once it comes out
the ffmpeg-mpv AUR package installs the ffmpeg-mpv libraries and headers into a separate directory, so the environment variable adjustment will still work even if ffmpeg bumps the soname. ffmpeg bumping the soname will only clash if you throw both ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mpv directly into /usr/lib/
>>
>bjin and haasn will inevitable get full time jobs
Who will deliver the placebo?
>>
>>63351855
And if every project ends up vendoring the library (which seems to be the case with ffmpeg) you have to update every one of them, which is not that different from recompiling the application.
>>
>>63351904
Please don't talk about such things
>>
>>63351908
It is somewhat different. mpv still doesn't link statically to ffmpeg-mpv, so you'd only have to recompile/patch one component of the vendored mess, i.e. ffmpeg-mpv.
Vendoring should be a last resort to deal with API and distribution problems, not the default behaviour.

Checking my mpv build, I can see that it links against 131 shared libraries in my /usr/lib. Now imagine if all of those were instead statically compiled in, and mpv would have to manually be rebuilt whenever any one of those updated. That's what you get with Rust.
>>
>>63351521
What did the pre-release rust syntax look like? Got a comparison somewhere?
>>
>>63351966
FWIW this is actually not a problem at all if you use a sane package manager like portage; which is designed with the ability to implicitly rebuild all reverse dependencies when you update something

e.g. haskell needs this even when linking dynamically, and C needs this as well if the ABI changes.
>>
>>63351966
I think the problem is overblown when it comes to binary distros.
>>
Someone spoonfeed me the best config and where to put it.
>>
No
>>
>>63352028
profile=gpu-hq
or
profile=opengl-hq

and you put it in the ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf file
or the %Appdata%/mpv/mpv.conf file
>>
>>63352001
I don't know of a good comparison article, but one example that comes to mind is that the template syntax for example changed to the awful C++-esque clusterfuck that Rust has now.
>>
>>63351904
i think of bjin as of forever student
>>
>>63352165
Oh, that's all? Thanks! I'm guessing I should use the opengl since I'm on an old chinkpad
>>
>>63352266
arent we all
>>
I've heard that wm4 has abandoned mpv and wanders the earth now. Is this true?
>>
>>63352335
Sadly, yes.
>>
>>63352017
ok enjoy compiling your web browser from source for hours then
>>
>>63348532
>old version: mpv at very top of right click context menu
>new version: hidden behind sub-menu
This sucks.
>>
File: vlc.jpg (1.25 MB, 1000x1587)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>63352335
Yes, we VLC now.
>>
>>63352527
I want to FUCK saber
>>
>>63352527
her boobies are too big
>>
>>63352595
because she's seiba extra nero.
>>
File: vlchaasn.png (1.07 MB, 1280x907)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>63352527
>>
>>63352527
wats the best vlc config
>>
>>63353268
sudo apt-get purge vlc
>>
>>63352483
>for hours
maybe get a non-shit CPU? takes 20 minutes here
>>
>>63353444
Takes 10 seconds with pacman.
>>
>>63352627
saber extra nero is truly a gift from the gods

I've fapped to her over a dozen times over the past weeks
>>
>>63353541
Including custom USE flags and patches?
>>
>>63353658
>custom USE flags and patches
>>
>>63353543
Umu is the superior seibaface
>>
>>63354868
How else are you going to statically ensure that garbage like geolocation, gstreamer/multimedia support are off by default? Not to mention applying experimental patches or removing some CSS rules nobody needs from the parser.

Hell, with webkit you even need to edit the source code in order to change the color of search result highlights
>>
Is libplacebo just a libopenshot but for gpu?
>>
>>63356077
dunno; does openshot do jinc scaling, color management, tone mapping, debanding etc.?
>>
File: 1508274266721.jpg (802 KB, 1080x1550)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>>63341083
why does she make my dick so hard?
>>
>>63356912
You are mentally retarded...
>>
/libplacebo/ thread when?
>>
>>63341470
People who tried to warn us about the evils of modern C, POSIX, UNIX, GNU everything, vim, X, etc, and promoted and worked on a simple, UTF8 only operating system that idiots could use and geniuses could hack:
Rob pike
Dennis Ritchie
Ken Thompsan
Brian Kernighan
Bjarne Stroustrup

People who listened: Some fag called uriel

People who didn't listen: Everyone that matters

People who killed themselves because of this: uriel, haasn
>>
How do I configure MPV to change audio settings based on the number of channels?
>>
Thoughts.
>>
>>63358300
have a (You) webmfag :^)
>>
>>63358609
Have a (repo) silly anon https://github.com/TheAMM/mpv_crop_script
But it's not the webm one, not yet.
>>
Does anyone have a working webm convert script? I can't find it anymore.
Also has the rage fork of ffmpeg died yet, because that was pretty autistic.

>>63358671
>no external dependencies
>script requires python3
you shouldn't tell lies anon
>>
So, mpv is offically dead? What are we going to use now?
>>
>>63358768
Contribute in resurrecting mpc-hc so madvr and lavfilters don't die as well.
>>
>>63358768
mpdn
>>
>>63358764
https://github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm
https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua
>>
>>63358764
"Building" it requires python3. Brush up on your reading comprehension and grab the .lua from https://github.com/TheAMM/mpv_crop_script/releases

>a working webm convert script
Wait for mine (lol) or use one from https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts.

>>63358768
mpvi
>>
>>63358846
I was just bugging you lol. Much better then this shit
>https://github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm
which requires a separate fucking compiler.
>>
>>63358835
>https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua
thanks.
>>
>>63359011
I thought so but have seen enough /g/ trust Hanlon, no hard feelings.

I find the concept of moonscript neat (building it down to Lua), but agree on that the dependency will create one more step for contributing or whatnot. While he does provide the compiled .lua, tracking compiled files is a bit eh? Though it's certainly less of a hassle than keeping up releases on Github.

Now if only we could get frame-accurate --end
>>
I'm trying to run mpv on my chink apollo lake toaster, outputting at 4k60hz to my TV. I performance is fine in windowed mode at the video's resolution, but turns to shit as soon as I go fullscreen. I'm guessing this is the upscaler since performance is fine manually setting it to use bilinear instead of whatever is the default.

Should I keep using the bilinear upscaler or set my resolution to 1080p and let the TV upscale?
>>
Is MPV superior on Windows as well?

Right now I'm just using MPC-HC + Lav and MadVR.

I mostly watch chinese cartoons.
>>
>>63345958
>Use shinchiro's build script with your linux on windows environment of choice.
I bothered to help you how come you didn't bother to read?
>>
>>63360894
the TV probably isn't doing anything better than bilinear
but test it, if you can't tell a difference, do whatever is more convenient, if you can tell a difference, use whatever looks better
>>
>>63360993
I got similar results with mpv. Depends on your config, I guess.
>>
I wonder when will mods start banning these threads, basically screenfetch tier by now
>>63358764
just use webm.lua from the mpv script page on the wiki
>>
>>63361772
I liked how it use to be easy to watch crunchyroll with streamlink feeding to mpv. Now FF has decided to fuck everyone and my extension no longer works.

I wish there was an easy way to watch Chinese cartoons easily on my surface pro on good quality . Windows touch is trash.
>>
>>63361908
you can watch crunchyroll with youtube-dl/mpv you don't need streamlink. open with still works with mpv on FF.
>>
>>63341083
What web extension do you use for Firefox to play videos with mpv? I'm using Open With, even though it's technically for opening things with other browsers, but since you can direct it to use any program it does the trick.

I'd very much like to make playlists though, as in I can click multiple videos and they'll keep playing one after another on mpv. How would you go about doing this?
>>
>>63361974
>I'd very much like to make playlists though, as in I can click multiple videos and they'll keep playing one after another on mpv. How would you go about doing this?
I'd paste the URLs into the terminal one by one with `mpn` in front of them.
>>
>>63361974
Shift and drag and drop onto the mpv window.
>>
>>63362008
Holy shit. Thank you!
>>
>>63347548
Gstreamer is a thing. The docs are shit, but it is fairly decent for video use.
>>
>>63357517
Idk why a text editor is on that list, but it's fucked.
Sadly we're at the point where remaking all of this is just not worth the cost. We might as well keep going and see what happens.
>>
>>63362151
muh sunk cost fallacy is what got us here to begin with
>>
>>63362151
wats the best mpv config
>>
>>63357517
cat-v/suckless philosophy is shit as well. It favours simplicity of implementation over everything, including an ergonomic user interface. No one would seriously prefer to use `sed 11q` instead of `head` at an interactive shell.

>Bjarne Stroustrup
Fuck outta here
>>
>>63358816
Is even more dead.
Mpdn needs 3 years or intensive development to get current mpv features!
>>
>>63360993
Mpv is much better! More stable, use new/less buggy technologies and is much faster most of the time.
>>
>>63363148
>head
What are you talking about. How often do you use head? Because if its that much its much easier to just write an alias for sed 11q then it is to write an new program. Though I'm sure you are the type of person who thinks the '-v' flag is a useful feature for 'rm' to have so there is no saving you.
>>
i wanna fuck an anime, any tips?
>>
File: AMM.jpg (213 KB, 1280x960)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>63359302
wtf I can't believe girls are in this thread
>>
>>63364611
put penis in optical media drive, close lid.
>>
>>63364681
>forcing cartel
Daiz in disguise
>>
>>63364728
I can't believe newfags actually took the cartel meme seriously
>>
>>63364528
Yeah, I thought someone would suggest aliases. Fuck you.

>ssh to a remote server
>use someone else's computer
>suddenly you're useless without your 1000 line .aliases file

I bet you'd rather string together a pipeline of ten programs to do something a GNU tool does by default.
>>
>>63364794
How new are you? Daiz actively works to destroy sites.
https://gist.github.com/Daiz/4068004a3f84df388270
>>
>Why are the comments in "libplacebo" so inconsistent?
Hey! Haasn! Please could you use a vim plugin to handle and fix this? You should use something like languagetool (yes, java) to correct grammar too. ;)
>>
>>63364702
didnt work
>>
>>63364832
more like
>ssh to remote server
>never use head because its a useless program
>when needed type sed 11q since its the same amount of effort
also
>using gno tools
>ever
I would rather not.
>>
>>63364843
>stop using a shit site
>WWWAAAAAH HOW DARE YOU FUCKING CARTEL SHILL
>>
>>63364882
this person doesn't sysadmin
>>
>>63364899
>use cartel powers to stop rival sites and kill redundancy
>shut down nyaa
>animu killed
He almost succeeded, if pantsu didn't saved the database. He started the cover operation again with .si.
>>
File: 1437567957523.jpg (34 KB, 457x457)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>63364926
I wish I was this woke one day
>>
>>63364858
open issue / pull request?
>>
>>63364904
I just don't run gnu on anything I need to access remotely. Its too unstable. I'll stick to Open/FreeBSD thank you.
>>
File: (You).png (194 KB, 448x468)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>63365042
God BSDtards are funny
>>
>>63365096
He almost has a point though... While Linux is amazing, GNU shit almost completely ruins it. Musl should just become the "standard" Linux libc already, and Clang its compiler.
>>
>>63365506
Except both clang and musl are just as huge of a turd, which is why nobody uses them outside of butthurt BSDtards.

Seriously, Clang still manages to generate invalid code for pretty big FOSS codebases, and musl has been exposed as just as buggy as glibc just recently.
>>
>>63364858
I decided years ago to not act on C projects anymore.
>>
>>63365640
Rust is the future. :)
>>
Is there a way to add post-processing anti-aliasing in mpv? (Like fxaa or smaa.)
>>
>>63365608
>clang and musl are just as huge of a turd, which is why nobody uses them outside of butthurt BSDtards.

GNUmale delusion: The Post.
>>
>>63365773
don't you have some OpenBSD conference to attend in your nearest toilet stall?
>>
File: 1435067617908.jpg (171 KB, 850x944)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>tfw not non-binary enough to learn Rust
>>
>>63365765
https://pastebin.com/mh0pDi9a
Or you can simply force it in the nvidia control center.
>>
>https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo/tree/opengl
Haasn! Nooooooooooo!
>>
File: honeyview.png (1.36 MB, 1841x994)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
Libplacebo based image viewer when?
>>
>>63358300
What the heck is this?
>>
>>63366281
https://github.com/TheAMM/mpv_crop_script
>>
>>63366052
Just use mpv?
>>
so, mpv will never use libplacebo?
>>
when you go into fullscreen on macos, mpv moves to a new desktop. is there a way to prevent this from happening?
>>
>>63366349
mpv is dead now that wm4 has quit
>>
>>63366355
see >>63292010

But who knows at this point.
>>
>>63347548
libav tried to fix the API issues and keep stable code but the gotta go fast and get features shitcode ffmpeg devs won in the end
>>
>>63360894
Apollo Lake should be able to do at least spline unless you have serious throttling or weird drivers issues
>>
>>63364926
this level of shitposting will never be funny
>>
>>63367986
piss off diaz
>>
>>63366688
Did he really quit?? I thought he was just venting out some frustration and quit some IRC channel!
>>
>>63369194
I can see wm4 contributions to mpv on github from 2 days ago. So obviously he didn't quit mpv development.
>>
>>63369194
yes wm4 is rip for life

he became a monk and now wanders the earth
>>
>>63369302
Haasn's player when? pplayer or ppv?
>>
>>63369194
It's done. He will write a new player from the scratch with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>63369377
I want to meet him and kick his ass!
>>
>>63345029
lol kek
>>
>>63369398
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
>>
>>63369302
That's because he quit 2 days ago.
>>
What is libplacebo? Is it something like scikit-video?
http://www.scikit-video.org/stable/
>>
>>63369475
that looks like a less useful version of vapoursynth

>What is libplacebo?
see https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo
>>
>>63369456
Really?? He quit his job at Plex?? Any link that confirms that? It just can't be true...
>>
VULKAN STABLE VERSION WHEN???
>>
>>63369665
>VULKAN

Gas yourself, Pajeet.
>>
>>63369377
can confirm, he visited my nudist colony and we smoked a blunt together
>>
>>63369658
it's not true, stop believing shit 4chan says
>>
>>63369407
I want to meet him and suck his cock!
>>
>>63369680
>nvidiafag
>>
where do I place youtube-dl
do I just need that one file to be able to stream from yt/twitch?
>>
>>63370093
same folder as mpv.exe
>>
>>63370374
why Does it not work when I drag a youtube url onto mpv then?
>>
>>63370391
idk, I dont have enough info to troubleshoot.
>>
>>63370391
because you didn't install the MSVCRT that youtube-dl needs
>>
>>63370391
run mpv from the command line and post the error
>>
>>63370445
no error it just opens the pseudo gui
>>63370422
Aren't these python objects?
I have python 3.5.2 it should be updated

someone upload their .conf file so I can compare maybe im missing a setting
>>
>>63370483
http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
>Windows exe requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and does not require Python that is already embedded into the binary.
>>
>>63370507
I have that too
>>
>>63370571
log or gtfo
>>
>>63370586
Ok I was able to get a youtube video to play by doing mpv yt vid url but dragging doesnt work
ideas?

google told me to put ytdl-raw-options=no-check-certificate= in conf file
>>
>>63370650
>google told me to put ytdl-raw-options=no-check-certificate= in conf file
don't do that, that's a fucking stupid idea and won't help.

The problem is that you're either drag&dropping wrong or drag&drop is broken
>>
>>63370715
drag and drop works when I drag a folder with anime files onto mpv and when I also drag single files
I dont think drag and drop is the problem
>>
>>63370751
>plays fine when gives as argument
>doesn't play when doing drag&drop
m8, your dragging and dropping is the problem.
>>
>>63369665
>he cares about vulkan
Why? It's not even faster than OpenGL.
>>
>>63370773
it is for me
>>
>>63370650
Drag links from the address bar.
>>
>>63370808
tried from address bar,notepad++ and notepad
nothing
>>63370788
post conf file
>>
Hello /g/
I'm pretty new to mpv. Can I get good looking animu config with just a Intel HD 5500 crappy graphics?
>>
>>63370788
Bullshit.
>>
>>63370831
>post conf file
At work, can when I get home.
Why though, I know i am using vulkan. Do you not know what to add?

>>63370852
Why?
>>
>>63370903
Because I've seen a bunch of reports and tested myself.
>>
>>63371014
I've tested too using haasns method of raw fps output. Vulkan was faster. Might be because I'm using a dell xps 15 with win 10.
>>
Is wm4 dead or something?
He will never compete with vlc or kodi developers!
https://github.com/wm4?tab=repositories
>>
>>63371333
>He will never compete with vlc or kodi developers!
wm4 can outcode those monkeys blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back, as he's done for the past few years. vlc is YEARS behind mpv.
>>
>>63371364
Hi wm4!
>>
>>63371364
But he is mentally unstable!
>>
>>63371379
Do I really seem THAT aggressive to you?

>>63371381
He just needs a break.
>>
>>63371391
He should drink some tea...
>>
>>63371391
But he thinks bilinear or spline is enough for upscaling!
>>
>>63371435
I actually had to use bilinear few days ago and it wasn't that bad.

t. meme shader user and ex madvr addict
>>
>>63371435
wtf i love wm4 now
>>
>>63371680
But he thinks linux is the only OS.
Is he living on Mars?
>>
>>63371804
Only because he caught the freetardation disease but now after having to deal with gnu-male animeme faggots like haasn and their old shitty code he is starting to see the light and hate Linux users and their distros!
>>
>>63371804
>But he thinks linux is the only OS
The only one worth supporting for free. Proprietary fags should pay for support.
>>
What is your opinion on new FSRCNNX_x2_r2_16-0-2-2.glsl?
https://github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases
>>
>No more wm4.
>No more haasn.
What happened in Germany?
>>
You guys know how the process of removing letterboxd bars on a video is called? Handbrake does it, but I'm looking for a term to see if MKVToolnix can do it too.
>>
--[[
Simple script to fix sub-delay on offset subs

First, framestep to where the desired subtitle (sign) SHOULD start, press ALT+Z
Next, framestep to where the desired subtitle (sign) DOES start, press ALT+Z
Done.

You may press ALT+Z twice in succession to zero out sub-delay.
]]--

local start_time = nil

function on_script_action()
local playback_time = mp.get_property_native("playback-time")

if start_time == playback_time then
mp.osd_message("Identical frames, clearing sub-delay")
mp.set_property_native("sub-delay", 0)
start_time = nil

elseif start_time ~= nil then
-- Take current sub-delay into account
local sub_delay = mp.get_property_native("sub-delay")
local delta = start_time - playback_time + sub_delay
mp.set_property_native("sub-delay", delta)
mp.osd_message("Set sub-delay to " .. tostring(delta), 2)
start_time = nil

else
start_time = playback_time
mp.osd_message("Picked expected frame, now pick the actual frame", 2)
end
end

mp.add_key_binding("alt+z", "fix_subdelay_action", on_script_action)
>>
File: wm4.jpg (23 KB, 700x700)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>
>>63372923
???
>>
>>63372581
Cropping?
You can technically set crop values for an mkv file but it's an obscure and unsupported feature: https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/79

You can use a script like https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/TOOLS/lua/autocrop.lua to crop on playback though.
>>
>>63373004
That's wm4.
>>
>>63372923
https://www.plex.tv/about/

I'm glad the he looks like a normal person
>>
>>63373098
Yes, cropping! Ohhh, cool! It's a shame it can't be automated to be triggered on the first frame because it's usually an entirely black one and it'll make it apply a wrong crop. Still great to have around, thanks!

To crop the video itself it would have to be re-encoded, right? Meaning it'd take at least half an hour for a 2 hour movie, right?
>>
>>63373362
Yep. How long it takes depends on your CPU and the encoding settings used though (see x264's presets).
>>
>>63372923
>Reppin' Germany
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63373757
Repesenting?
>>
>>63372923
haasn leak when
>>
>>63372923
Well fuck, I expected wm4 to be some lardass with cheetos falling down his bloated stomach yelling at the screen while typing furiously a blogpost in that new commit with four lines changed.

Seems like my expectations were completely false. Looks like a cool guy to have a beer with until ffmpeg becomes the topic.
>>
>>63372923
How old is he?
>>
>>63373894
Looks like mid-early thirties to me.
>>
>>63372923
Cool dude desu. I thought he'd be some angry chink.
>>
>>63372923
please come back
>>
>>63358846
notice me AMM senpai :3
>>
>>63374159
Do a trick
>>
>>63374195
like what?
>>
>>63374216
Surprise us
>>
>>63358846
why doesn't the output_template option work?
>>
>>63358846
nvm I just realized it takes it 2-3 seconds to save the image
>>
>>63373552
Hell, I'd rather crop on MPV then. Thanks!
>>
>>63374556
mpv has to take a full-sized screenshot first - big video can take a long while. You can speed it up by using
screenshot-png-compression=0
I'm also planning on testing if I can toggle that on the fly when I've got a moment (so people can use jpeg/compress their pngs during normal use).
I'm personally running a daemon to tightly pack uncompressed pngs mpv dumps out, but I noticed shit is sloooow when I was going to use the 4K Big Buck Bunny to demo the script.
An alternative would be to tell the subprocessed mpv to seek to the frame, but that 1) requires the source be seekable 2) may not be perfectly frame-accurate 3) requires passing the entire playback state (subs etc) and hoping the best. Not worth the few worst-case seconds.
>>
>>63350932
>majority of their userbase is on windows
I highly doubt that. Mpv is the natural replacement for mplayer which has been one of the defacto Linux players for a long time. Most windows users use vlc or windows media player, or some shitty codec pack.
>>
>>63372030
Tested with live action content looks so BEAUTIFUL, but upscaling full blu-rays to 4K my RX 580 struggles significantly.
>>
>>63374666
Why not just insert a crop filter on the video itself and
screenshot window
?
>>
>>63372923
Not bad. Would suck
>>
what the fuck happened with mpv?
6 months ago: cpu usage playing 720p youtube content was at 7-8%
1 month ago (prior to the ffmpeg debacle) - 20%
today - 60-90% cpu usage
settings have not changed other than moving from profile-hq to gpu-hq on linux/nvidia

how to fix?
>>
>>63375543
You sure your computer isn't just dying?
>>
>>63375565
yeah, ram/processor have been purring on everything else
using mplayer as control, cpu stays at aroun 20% throughout different mvp versions
>>
>>63375241
Neat idea, however (without testing) - the crop will be disruptive to the user, especially since big files take more time to write. And taking a screenshot of the window will apply osd shit and most likely scale the video as well. The crop filter was almost a nice idea, so kudos, but alas.
>>
>>63375241
that's what this script does
https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#croplua

you don't have to use screenshot window. taking a regular screenshot will only capture the cropped area.
>>
MPV crashes when I try to open an URL with the open-file-dialog script. Any suggestions or alternatives? Sadly I cant see shit to guess where the issue is since it works fine through cmd.
Play with mpv and dragging the URL doesnt really cut it,
>>
>>63374769
>most windows users use
Doesn't matter what most windows users use, there are enough of them that a minority can still outweigh what is still only a subsection of Linux users.
>>
>>63375543
youtube started using vp9 for high quality, 720p unless you specify h264 formats is going to use vp9 by default (as per ytdl defaults settings)
vp9 basically isn't hw accelerated on pc.
>>
>>63376586
"high quality"
>>
File: 1508676025956.png (22 KB, 1519x34)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
What is this trash buffer bar
>>
>>63376640
Yeah I'm not the one in charge there.
Still, just --ytdl-list-formats and choose something avc, if that don't fix it - something else is broke - but it's the most likely answer.
>>
>>63372923
>that dead look in his eyes
he has seen some shit
>>
>ITT: /g/ realises wm4 could be their disappointed dad
>>
File: a.png (26 KB, 382x54)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>63376670
you sure it's not a bug?
i thought it was for the cache at first as well, but it doesn't seem to really line up with it, and sometimes even doesn't keep up with the progress bar, which obviously doesn't make sense
>>
>>63372923
He looks like a Chad. I like him even more now.
>>
>>63372030
Looks like a sharper version of MQ
>>
>>63376936
>he has seen some shit
Yeah, haasn's code.
>>
>>63379428
rude
>>
>>63352165
>profile=gpu-hq
>or
>profile=opengl-hq

Aren't you supposed to use both at the same time?

vo=opengl
profile=opengl-hq

Just profile=gpu-hq?
>>
>>63379451
>Being this retarded
>>
>>63379428
haasn's code is pretty! PRETTY!
>>
>>63379562
haasn's code makes sense until wm4 shows up and demands arbitrary changes that end up resulting in a big mess (see: gpu-api/gpu-context)
>>
i wanna fuck an shrugging anime, any tips?
>>
>>63379664
haasn spotted
>>
wm4 is man enough to put his real face to his code

haasn hides behind Chinese pedo cartoon profile pic

C O I N C I D E N C E ?
>>
File: 1500834305361.png (50 KB, 2553x129)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>63376670
>>63377894
Yeah it's really odd, I'm not sure what to make of it
>>
>>63379997
>>63377894
>>63376670
Isn't that the new demuxer fast seek range.
>>
What shaders should I use? I am currently only using SSimDownscaler and FSRCNNX
>>
>>63380399
Depends on the content you're watching
>>
File: 1496209772237.png (4 KB, 338x73)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
How can I get MPV to display the full filename in the titlebar?
>>
>>63376586
i run with ytdl-format=bestvideo[vcodec!=vp9]
(among other things) tho
>>
>>63380595
title='${filename}'
>>
>>63380636
Thanks, this is perfect
Couldn't find it in the manual
>>
>>63380667
The manual states that
--title
does property expansion, so you can do the
${whateverpropertyyouwanthere}
thing.
>>
>>63380399
>using SSimDownscaler and FSRCNNX
Does this even work? I can't get them both to activate at once
>>
>>63380699
SSimDownscaler activates when you are downscaling and FSRCNNX when you upscaling.
>>
>>63380758
Ah
>>
FSRCNNXXXXX when?
>>
RAVU R10 when?
>>
Yeah! Haasn is alive!
https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo/commits/master
>>
Libplacebo in kodi when?
Is it possible or I am just a fucking dreamer?
>>
>>63381003
kodi tries to work on absolute shitheaps of ARM devices, to libplacebo's "proper OpenGL" requirement would shatter those dreams.
>>
>>63381072
I don't think Haasn would like to support that oldish opengl even for a huge amount or money.
>>
>>63381136
and even if he tried, he'd have to work around various bugs inside ARM GPU drivers, because they're all garbage implementations of even ancient OpenGL.
>>
>>63381136
I'm sure he'll do it for some hdr monitors.
>>
>>63365608
Musl is a Linux libc. BSDs use their own libc.
And Clang has been the compiler of choice of almost any big company for years now.

Are you sure you know about what you're talking?
>>
>>63380965
It's mpv thread, not VLC thread...
>>63372030
Looks pretty good so far with live action videos. Gonna test with anime later.
>>
>>63381427
Yes. Nowhere did I imply BSDs use musl.
t. someone who has had to deal with clang bugs before.
>>
>>63381318
How many? :D

>>63381497
VLC? Where?
>>
>>63373176
Are you drunk?
>>
Yeah! Wm4 is alive!
https://github.com/mpv-player/ffmpeg-mpv/commits/master

I suspect some doom9 fags to disturb /mpv/ threads.
>>
>>63372923
this is how i imagine him when ffmpeg breaks mpv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy4mztkndHk
>>
>>63381941
He joined irc again.
>>
new thread here: >>63382008

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.